inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: In The 00s Phone App

Written By: Ripley on 03/19/16 at 4:12 pm

Wouldn't it be great if there was an In The 00's phone app?  That way every time there is a reply to a post we made we get notified. A phone notification. We wouldn't have to go through Crome or wherever. We get directly to the website. Things would show up better too. I don't know how to create apps but I'm sure someone else does. Surely this is the right category for this. But I just wanted to put it in a place where everyone could see.  Who thinks having an App would be a good idea? 

Subject: Re: In The 00s Phone App

Written By: 2001 on 03/19/16 at 4:29 pm

I think you can turn on e-mail notifications for when you reply to a thread. It's sort of similar.

Press "Profile" tab on the top menu --> Hover over "modify profile" ---> Click "notifications"

Then

1) Tick "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."
2) Tick "Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email."
3) Under "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me", select "Instantly"

Save.

I haven't tried this for all replies, but I have for certain threads, and it works.

Check for new replies or respond here...