inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Would you like some May-onnaise on that? May I have your number, miss?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/16 at 11:36 pm

http://www.holytrinitytoronto.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/mayflowers1.jpg

Subject: Re: Would you like some May-onnaise on that? May I have your number, miss?

Written By: Ripley on 04/30/16 at 9:45 am

My neice's birthday party is late this month, she'll be 2. My Mom and I got her a tricycle, sidewalk chalk and plastic bowling pins and balls. :)

Subject: Re: Would you like some May-onnaise on that? May I have your number, miss?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/30/16 at 10:36 am

My neice's birthday party is late this month, she'll be 2. My Mon and I got her a tricycle, sidewalk chalk and plastic bowling pins and balls. :)

The wild two-s!

Written By: 2001 on 04/30/16 at 10:42 am

The wild two-s!

Two was definitely the worst. 3/4 weren't that great either. 5 is when it got better. 6/7 and onwards were outright fun.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/30/16 at 10:48 am

Two was definitely the worst. 3/4 weren't that great either. 5 is when it got better. 6/7 and onwards were outright fun.

Don't know if you're being serious, or not.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 04/30/16 at 10:52 am

Don't know if you're being serious, or not.  ;D

I'm just going by my sisters who're 13 years younger than me  ;D

I'd go to school, and I'd come back home and they would throw all the clothes out of my closet and drawers! I had to clean it up >:( They also destroyed my PS2 by stepping all over it. Also they cried over practically everything. LOL they don't call it the terrible two-s for nothing  :\'(

Written By: Ripley on 04/30/16 at 11:55 am

The wild two-s!

She's already wild! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/01/16 at 10:57 am

White Rabbit.

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/01/16 at 12:10 pm

Finally, after two days of absence from the 'net, I'm finally back on. The crew was at our house all day Friday to replace the old carpets with new ones, and yesterday I spent a good part of the day reorganizing my stuff. I still have a ways to go on that, however.

Written By: 2001 on 05/01/16 at 12:19 pm

Finally, after two days of absence from the 'net, I'm finally back on. The crew was at our house all day Friday to replace the old carpets with new ones, and yesterday I spent a good part of the day reorganizing my stuff. I still have a ways to go on that, however.

Welcome back!  :)

Written By: nally on 05/01/16 at 12:21 pm

Welcome back!  :)

Thanks man. Additionally, my parents are reorganizing some of their stuff, although they think it's gonna take at least a week for them to get back in order.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/16 at 3:34 pm

good to see you back on. :)

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/16 at 10:15 am

Got to be apart of the audience of talking dead last night!

Written By: nally on 05/02/16 at 2:19 pm

good to see you back on. :)

Thanks. Last nite I was still sorting things out. I also helped bring our books back inside (we have a "library" room in our house which we had to clear out as well).

Written By: nally on 05/02/16 at 2:20 pm

excellent! I bet that was exciting

Written By: Howard on 05/02/16 at 4:37 pm

that's wonderful. :)

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/16 at 6:27 pm

excellent! I bet that was exciting

It was!!! Thanks!

Thanks Howard!

Subject: Re: May- monthly thread

Written By: nally on 05/02/16 at 8:40 pm

Thanks. Last nite I was still sorting things out. I also helped bring our books back inside (we have a "library" room in our house which we had to clear out as well).

And just a little while ago I was helping my parents reorganize the books in that room. Still plenty of 'em to go, however.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/16 at 4:14 am

I am taking a good few days offline, with my family.

Just relaxing and watching more movies.

Hope to be back by the end of the week.

Written By: 2001 on 05/03/16 at 6:38 am

Take care, and come back soon! :)

Written By: 2001 on 05/03/16 at 10:56 am

First day of work! Still so nervous, so much pressure.  ;D I'm on lunch break right now.

Written By: annimal on 05/03/16 at 11:55 am

still  climbing

Written By: 80sfan on 05/03/16 at 12:20 pm

First day of work! Still so nervous, so much pressure.  ;D I'm on lunch break right now.

So you got a new job? Cool.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/03/16 at 12:24 pm

still  climbing

Coooool.

Written By: annimal on 05/03/16 at 12:28 pm

glad I found a place I can stop and rest now though

Written By: annimal on 05/03/16 at 1:47 pm

Okay, think I can breathe again. 

Written By: annimal on 05/03/16 at 2:11 pm

Hey you, can you tell me where I can find a boat?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/03/16 at 2:23 pm

Hey you, can you tell me where I can find a boat?

Coooool!

Written By: Howard on 05/03/16 at 3:19 pm

hope to see you soon. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/03/16 at 3:20 pm

What are your tasks? ???

Written By: 2001 on 05/03/16 at 3:27 pm

So you got a new job? Cool.

Thanks!

What are your tasks? ???

Code code code ! It's a summer placement, so right now I'm mostly learning the ropes. A lot of data management. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/03/16 at 3:42 pm

Thanks!

Code code code ! It's a summer placement, so right now I'm mostly learning the ropes. A lot of data management. :)

enjoy what you're doing. :)

Written By: 2001 on 05/03/16 at 3:52 pm

enjoy what you're doing. :)
Thanks!  Everyone at work is so nice! ;D It's going to take me a while to get used to the hours though. Today felt like an eternity, probably because I had so much to learn. But I'm enjoying it :)

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/16 at 4:34 pm

I need to rearrange my room. But first I will have to use a rug cleaner. We need to on the whole house due to cat pee and puke stains. But I always feel good after doing this. Its fresh, it makes it feel like a brand new room. Even just moving the bed.

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/16 at 4:34 pm

Yay!

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/16 at 4:35 pm

I hope you have a nice time!

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/16 at 4:41 pm

Well our phone/internet/cable situation is taken care of. Now the cable well satellite  is seperate from the others. ATT and Direct TV merged years back. Now ours isn't of the same service cause of all this. Two separate bills but oh well. We get some visa cards out of it. My mom just got us a new phone too, cause our old one is staticy. The next step is getting us new cell phones. I'm looking into different companies. Virgin Mobile probably but I need a nice new phone.

Written By: nally on 05/03/16 at 5:56 pm

Thank you for updating us. Take care in all you do! :)

Subject: Re: May- monthly thread

Written By: nally on 05/03/16 at 6:21 pm

I need to rearrange my room. But first I will have to use a rug cleaner. We need to on the whole house due to cat pee and puke stains. But I always feel good after doing this. Its fresh, it makes it feel like a brand new room. Even just moving the bed.

I'll have the whole day tomorrow to get it back in order, as I have no place to go to.

Oh yes, a rug cleaner. We'll probably need to use one from time to time in order to maintain our new carpet and make sure it stays in good condition.

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/16 at 10:11 pm

We need one really bad. Our Tabby likes to mark the floor. There is this grey Tabby outside that he always meows when she comes around. So maybe she has something to do with it.

Written By: nally on 05/03/16 at 11:23 pm

Yep, when you have pets, that can be a problem for floors.

Written By: Ripley on 05/04/16 at 8:51 am

Were used to it :P

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/16 at 9:24 am

Thanks!

Holy cow, you're pink again!  :o

Written By: 2001 on 05/04/16 at 11:01 am

Holy cow, you're pink again!  :o

Did you just call me a pink holy cow?  :o

Written By: nally on 05/04/16 at 12:04 pm

Were used to it :P

I understand.

Whenever we had a dog, the dog would usually jump around and beg us to take her outside, to avoid an accident on the floor.

Written By: annimal on 05/04/16 at 1:43 pm

cool, the water is down and there is a latter so I don't have to get all tired climbing down this mountain.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/16 at 2:57 pm

cool, the water is down and there is a latter so I don't have to get all tired climbing down this mountain.

You're climbing a mountain?

Written By: Howard on 05/04/16 at 3:06 pm

Thanks!  Everyone at work is so nice! ;D It's going to take me a while to get used to the hours though. Today felt like an eternity, probably because I had so much to learn. But I'm enjoying it :)

Are you part time or full time? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/16 at 4:01 pm

May the 4th be with you!

Cat

Written By: annimal on 05/04/16 at 4:03 pm

Oh thanks, I'm down from the mountain, now I want to know where all these barrels are coming from.  Maybe I'll find out tommorow

Written By: 2001 on 05/04/16 at 4:04 pm

Are you part time or full time? ???

Full time. 9AM to 4:30PM, but a lot of overtime and learning new skills at home to do as well. This week is like training wheels.

Written By: 2001 on 05/04/16 at 4:04 pm

Oh thanks, I'm down from the mountain, now I want to know where all these barrels are coming from.  Maybe I'll find out tommorow

Are you playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?

Written By: annimal on 05/04/16 at 4:09 pm

nope.

Written By: Ripley on 05/04/16 at 6:04 pm

I understand.

Whenever we had a dog, the dog would usually jump around and beg us to take her outside, to avoid an accident on the floor.

My dog is great and doesn't go inside

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/16 at 8:53 pm

I asked my mother for a new psychologist, in my nice voice (no, I'm not being sarcastic). My current psychologists is too close with my mother, a close enough friend. He's not objective or detached enough to talk to me professionally. That's mighty blunt of me, I know. He's a VERY nice guy, but his friendship with my mother is a limitation he can't seem to get over. The great news is that my mother doesn't mind me finding a new psychologist.

Honestly though, I'm 27 years old. I know there's no time limit, but the sooner the better I find out if I have autism, or not, the more I can take care of it, or treat it.

Written By: annimal on 05/04/16 at 9:55 pm

Yep the sooner the better and if you find a problem, you can start doing something about it.

Written By: annimal on 05/04/16 at 9:59 pm

so this is where the all these buckets are coming from.  The poor princess, I must save her

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/16 at 10:01 pm

Yep the sooner the better and if you find a problem, you can start doing something about it.

Yes, it could be I'm not autistic. But it's just better to talk to someone. Be honest enough with them.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/16 at 10:04 pm

so this is where the all these buckets are coming from.  The poor princess, I must save her

It looks like a video game!

Written By: annimal on 05/04/16 at 10:17 pm

Well excuse me but I go to go save that girl.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 7:32 am

It is good to be back.

Have I missed much?

Written By: annimal on 05/05/16 at 10:04 am

well, I saved her last night.  Think I'll take another day nap.  Glad this Monkey kept some bananas around.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 10:22 am

well, I saved her last night.  Think I'll take another day nap.  Glad this Monkey kept some bananas around.
Is this a game you speak of here?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/16 at 10:54 am

It is good to be back.

Have I missed much?

You've missed monkeys with bananas!!! It was awesome, Philip!  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 10:57 am

You've missed monkeys with bananas!!! It was awesome, Philip!  8)
Any chance of a repeat performance?  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 05/05/16 at 11:06 am

It is good to be back.

Have I missed much?

Welcome back!

Man, this has to be Skyward Sword. If not, the only other game I can think of with flooding, mountains, monkeys, saving girls and barrels is Donkey Kong 64 or Donkey Kong Country. Maybe Banjo Kazooie? I think Wind Waker might qualify but I don't remember rolling barrels in that game.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 11:07 am

Welcome back!
O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 11:07 am

Man, this has to be Skyward Sword. If not, the only other game I can think of with flooding, mountains, monkeys, saving girls and barrels is Donkey Kong 64. Maybe Banjo Kazooie? I think Wind Waker might qualify but I don't remember rolling barrels in that game.
Rolling barrels can be dangerous.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/16 at 11:11 am

Any chance of a repeat performance?  ;D

http://www.nmdarts.com/monkey.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 11:13 am

http://www.nmdarts.com/monkey.gif
Let the performance begin!

Written By: karen on 05/05/16 at 12:00 pm

Welcome back!

Man, this has to be Skyward Sword. If not, the only other game I can think of with flooding, mountains, monkeys, saving girls and barrels is Donkey Kong 64 or Donkey Kong Country. Maybe Banjo Kazooie? I think Wind Waker might qualify but I don't remember rolling barrels in that game.

I think I need to get my eyes tested - I totally misread this!  :-[

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 12:01 pm

I think I need to get my eyes tested - I totally misread this!  :-[
Now you mention it?  ;D

Written By: annimal on 05/05/16 at 12:41 pm

The noise, I cant sleep any more.  What am I hearing now?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 12:43 pm

The noise, I cant sleep any more.  What am I hearing now?
Is that the noise from the monkeys or the barrels?

Written By: annimal on 05/05/16 at 1:06 pm

Oh man, someone else is in trouble

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/16 at 1:11 pm

Oh man, someone else is in trouble

I'm like Godzilla in a monkey suit!  :)

Written By: annimal on 05/05/16 at 1:17 pm

I gotta save that lady

Written By: karen on 05/05/16 at 1:18 pm

Last night I was out Morris dancing together with another local side.  It was a really good evening, despite one or two mistakes with our dances.

We finished up with both sides dancing together in a really easy to follow dance.  we also got some of the crowd to join in.  The three slightly drunk lads seemed to enjoy it!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 1:34 pm

Last night I was out Morris dancing together with another local side.  It was a really good evening, despite one or two mistakes with our dances.

We finished up with both sides dancing together in a really easy to follow dance.  we also got some of the crowd to join in.  The three slightly drunk lads seemed to enjoy it!
Modern days it is called a dance-off?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/05/16 at 3:31 pm

Full time. 9AM to 4:30PM, but a lot of overtime and learning new skills at home to do as well. This week is like training wheels.

good luck. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/05/16 at 3:32 pm

It is good to be back.

Have I missed much?

good to see you back Phil. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 3:39 pm

good to see you back Phil. :)
Many thanks, the break did me a world of good.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/16 at 4:03 pm

Many thanks, the break did me a world of good.

What did you do?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 4:07 pm

What did you do?
A few days away, visiting family and watching movies.

Written By: annimal on 05/05/16 at 6:04 pm

There, shes rescued.  Now I"ll try to rest again for awhile.

Written By: nally on 05/05/16 at 6:11 pm

It is good to be back.

Have I missed much?

Glad to see you back Philip! I don't think there was too much that you missed...

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/05/16 at 9:18 pm

Welp, I done with almost all of my finals... I have ONE MORE to conquer! :D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/16 at 9:24 pm

Good luck on your last one!  :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/05/16 at 9:30 pm

Good luck on your last one!  :)

Last one is open note doe...... ;)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/16 at 9:39 pm

Last one is open note doe...... ;)

Well, then it's almost a guarantee you'll pass.  ;D

Written By: nally on 05/06/16 at 12:55 am

Good luck to you!

Written By: Howard on 05/06/16 at 8:31 am

A few days away, visiting family and watching movies.

that's good. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/06/16 at 8:32 am

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/16 at 8:46 am

that's good. :)
Relaxing too!

Written By: 2001 on 05/06/16 at 11:21 am

Good luck!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/16 at 7:12 pm

Went to see my oldest granddaughter's school play. They put on Oliver and I must say I was VERY impressed for middle school kids. They even did it with accents (even though I'm sure Karen & Philip would cringe listening to them  ;) ). Outstanding production.

Throughout the performance, Carlos & I kept wondering, "Is that her? I don't see her. Where is she?" After the show, we were standing there with flowers for her as all the kids came out greeted by the families. We didn't see her. Finally we asked and was told that she was sick. WHAT??!!! We drove over to their house and gave her the flowers. Carlos' daughter tried to call us before we left. But, we already had tickets and the show was WELL worth seeing. We were told that she made it through the first act last night before coming home. Poor kid. I know she was excited about being in this play.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/16 at 8:28 am

Went to see my oldest granddaughter's school play. They put on Oliver and I must say I was VERY impressed for middle school kids. They even did it with accents (even though I'm sure Karen & Philip would cringe listening to them  ;) ). Outstanding production.

Throughout the performance, Carlos & I kept wondering, "Is that her? I don't see her. Where is she?" After the show, we were standing there with flowers for her as all the kids came out greeted by the families. We didn't see her. Finally we asked and was told that she was sick. WHAT??!!! We drove over to their house and gave her the flowers. Carlos' daughter tried to call us before we left. But, we already had tickets and the show was WELL worth seeing. We were told that she made it through the first act last night before coming home. Poor kid. I know she was excited about being in this play.

Cat
Me cringe, I love the musical!

Written By: annimal on 05/08/16 at 9:57 am

Going to church to test my new processor.  See you later aligater

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/16 at 10:01 am

Going to church to test my new processor.  See you later aligater

Okay, cool.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/08/16 at 10:52 am

Me cringe, I love the musical!

I was referring to how the kids did the British (cockney) accents. To me, they sounded like they did a great job-better than I could do, that's for sure. Actually, the worst singer in the cast was the boy who played Oliver. But, that could have been done purposely-because it kind of added to the charm of the boy.

Another thing that I struck me, was the fact that play is so dark and they kids were all so young. I'm sure they didn't understand about the darkness of it. Yeah, they had Bill hit Nancy and of course the fact that he murdered her. I know in this day and age, kids are exposed to the darkness of the world. But, like I said in my last post, it was an amazing performance. Definitely two thumbs up! (Oh man, did I just date myself?  :-\\ :D ;D ;D ;D ) 

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/16 at 10:55 am

I was referring to how the kids did the British (cockney) accents. To me, they sounded like they did a great job-better than I could do, that's for sure. Actually, the worst singer in the cast was the boy who played Oliver. But, that could have been done purposely-because it kind of added to the charm of the boy.

Another thing that I struck me, was the fact that play is so dark and they kids were all so young. I'm sure they didn't understand about the darkness of it. Yeah, they had Bill hit Nancy and of course the fact that he murdered her. I know in this day and age, kids are exposed to the darkness of the world. But, like I said in my last post, it was an amazing performance. Definitely two thumbs up! (Oh man, did I just date myself?  :-\\ :D ;D ;D ;D ) 

Cat
O0

Brings to mind Dick van Dyke's cockney accent in "Mary Poppins".

Written By: karen on 05/08/16 at 10:58 am

Yesterday we went to Cambridge for an urban sprint orienteering event.  we had to run two short course - one around a science park (like an industrial park) and one around a housing estate which was full of alleyways at the back of houses and little cut throughs.  You really had to concentrate.

I didn't do too badly - finished within twice the winning time and not last place!

then we went into Cambridge for a mooch about.  Elizabeth wanted to check out the Chemistry building so we walked to that and had a look at the outside of a building!  Later we found we could look around the grounds of one of the colleges.  James has now decided he would like to go to Cambridge University and live in Pembroke College based purely on this visit!

Tired today, but getting lots of little jobs done around the house, in particular laundry as the weather is so nice.

Written By: annimal on 05/08/16 at 2:30 pm

Oh yeah Im back Im back

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/16 at 7:30 am

Yesterday we went to Cambridge for an urban sprint orienteering event.  we had to run two short course - one around a science park (like an industrial park) and one around a housing estate which was full of alleyways at the back of houses and little cut throughs.  You really had to concentrate.

I didn't do too badly - finished within twice the winning time and not last place!

then we went into Cambridge for a mooch about.  Elizabeth wanted to check out the Chemistry building so we walked to that and had a look at the outside of a building!  Later we found we could look around the grounds of one of the colleges.  James has now decided he would like to go to Cambridge University and live in Pembroke College based purely on this visit!

Tired today, but getting lots of little jobs done around the house, in particular laundry as the weather is so nice.

Through the avenues and alleyways?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/16 at 7:35 am

Oh yeah Im back Im back

Well rested?

Written By: annimal on 05/09/16 at 9:42 am

yup and I get my teeth cleaned at 1 today and yes it's music night

Written By: Ripley on 05/09/16 at 1:40 pm

Today my mom, grandma and I are visiting my Grandpa in the hospital. He has been living in the rest home for months. His kidneys acted up again. They cause him to act scary. I know he is developing Alzheimer's but his kidneys cause a lot of his problem. He got a blood transfusion so it is supposed to help. My aunt, uncle and little cousin came for mother's day. So I got to see them while at the hospital. They just went home. A few hours drive. Being in here really makes me sad. I mean seeing him in the care home is hard enough. He's 84.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/16 at 3:44 pm

yup and I get my teeth cleaned at 1 today and yes it's music night

I need to get mine cleaned this week.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/16 at 3:45 pm

Today my mom, grandma and I are visiting my Grandpa in the hospital. He has been living in the rest home for months. His kidneys acted up again. They cause him to act scary. I know he is developing Alzheimer's but his kidneys cause a lot of his problem. He got a blood transfusion so it is supposed to help. My aunt, uncle and little cousin came for mother's day. So I got to see them while at the hospital. They just went home. A few hours drive. Being in here really makes me sad. I mean seeing him in the care home is hard enough. He's 84.

(((hugs))))  :)

Written By: nally on 05/09/16 at 5:41 pm

Sorry to hear this, I can imagine how hard this is for you. :( :-[

Written By: snozberries on 05/09/16 at 11:08 pm

Sorry Ripley. Hospitals suck especially when your loved ones are in them.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/16 at 10:26 am

Sorry to hear this news, I hope everything turns out fine.

Written By: annimal on 05/10/16 at 12:29 pm

tommorow my mom and I are leaving to Sacramento.  We are concidering if better things are offered for me and if we might want to move there in the future

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/16 at 12:34 pm

tommorow my mom and I are leaving to Sacramento.  We are concidering if better things are offered for me and if we might want to move there in the future

Take good care.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/16 at 3:23 pm

take care.

Written By: nally on 05/10/16 at 6:29 pm

Wishing you the best, Ann.

Written By: snozberries on 05/10/16 at 10:44 pm

Good luck ann!

Written By: annimal on 05/10/16 at 11:27 pm

thanks  all    just see whats out there

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/16 at 1:54 am

thanks  all    just see whats out there
O0

Written By: annimal on 05/11/16 at 10:35 pm

Well the program in Sacramento better then the one I saw wherever it was closer to Modesto.  My Mom pissed me off again in 3 or four different ways.  I believe the one that bothers me the most, is I will start getting depressed.  Mom will say I'm trying to work it all out then just deciding if I want to do the program.  This is her assumption, I wasn't trying to figure out everything and would'nt be able to  recall everything that fast.  She's already got me thinking though that I guess I cant try to use my God given brain.  I might add that before we had left this morning, Mom and Dad were thinking about moving.  Now later today after mom said numerous times just to think about if I  want to do the program, she starts talking about how it's going to cost a lot toget a house and how if her and I got an apartment how we would fight with each other  ( great, I'm not aloud to think, but I have to listen to her royal hind ss).  I know I don't remember things and there's stuff I cant do or understand and will need some help and or someone to live with but I'm not stupid.  Mom if you don't think I can think then don't bother talking to me at all because I cant help you.  Think I will e-mail this to mom as well as tell this to my psychologist tomorrow.

Written By: annimal on 05/12/16 at 12:47 pm

I dont know about the stuff I mentioned above, but it always seems like I'll never be able to figure anything out myself.  My mom's never really looked at my parodys in the past, nor do I remember her really saying good job about much of anything else I've ever done.  I don't know why she cant and couldn't have been for years started considering what I can or might be able to do if she really is worried about me instead of driving herself further nuts assuming that I cant and wont be able to do anything.  I don't know what to do other then come here and relax.  Sure I've been trying to listen for God if he thinks I'm being lazy or something, but nothing has seemed to come to me and the thought that I wont have a live as long as my mom is alive controlling it has come to me has come to me more then once.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm over reacting

Written By: Ripley on 05/12/16 at 3:50 pm

Thanks Q, Jeff, Howard and Phil. He is out of the hospital now but he needs to eat. He has lost so much weight.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/16 at 3:54 pm

Thanks Q, Jeff, Howard and Phil. He is out of the hospital now but he needs to eat. He has lost so much weight.
Please take good care of him.

Written By: annimal on 05/12/16 at 6:08 pm

I am glad to say that my mom stayed with me at the at the psys so she can do her gob.  I had to try and get it out several times that I was so upset with my mom for telling me I was thinking to hard trying to think about and then her later telling me in the car how a house in Sac would be expensive and stuff.  If she doesn't want to think about putting everything together then lets talk about something else.

Written By: Ripley on 05/12/16 at 10:14 pm

https://media.giphy.com/media/UPDphvtjMYOMo/giphy.gif
A little something for tomorrow haha

Written By: Howard on 05/13/16 at 7:53 am

What will you feed him?

Written By: Ripley on 05/13/16 at 1:55 pm

What will you feed him?

The home will feed him. Hopefully they can get him to eat.

Written By: nally on 05/13/16 at 1:55 pm

Thanks for the update.

The home will feed him. Hopefully they can get him to eat.

I certainly hope so.

Written By: Ripley on 05/13/16 at 1:56 pm

Happy Friday The 13th everyone! I was walking my dog and found a heads up penny on the ground! Lucky me!

Ki ki ki Ma ma ma
Ki ki ki Ma ma ma

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/16 at 2:11 pm

Happy Friday The 13th everyone! I was walking my dog and found a heads up penny on the ground! Lucky me!

Ki ki ki Ma ma ma
Ki ki ki Ma ma ma
Lucky you!

I treat Friday 13th as, do not do anything different that is out of your normal routine.

Written By: nally on 05/13/16 at 2:13 pm

Lucky you!

I treat Friday 13th as, do not do anything different that is out of your normal routine.

For me it is just another day as any other.

Written By: Ripley on 05/13/16 at 2:28 pm

It is usually. I just find it ironic that I found a lucky penny on a bad luck day.

Written By: annimal on 05/13/16 at 6:17 pm

You didn't find the penny on and ordinary day on Cartoon planet did you?

Written By: Ripley on 05/13/16 at 7:47 pm

My brother in law is mowing the lawn. Its finally going to look nice

Written By: 80sfan on 05/13/16 at 8:33 pm

You didn't find the penny on and ordinary day on Cartoon planet did you?

;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/16 at 10:59 pm

Day one of Whedoncon has been awesome!

Written By: Howard on 05/14/16 at 7:31 am

Ki ki ki Ma ma ma
Ki ki ki Ma ma ma

keep it.  :)

Written By: annimal on 05/14/16 at 10:18 am

Lets see, got to do a load of laundry if not two.  Excited about the psychologist coming to help me with a possible garden to be and have something my mom is real upset about that maybe she can help me figure out why if there is a reason or get mom to stop getting upset about so much all the time.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/14/16 at 12:44 pm

Lets see, got to do a load of laundry if not two.  Excited about the psychologist coming to help me with a possible garden to be and have something my mom is real upset about that maybe she can help me figure out why if there is a reason or get mom to stop getting upset about so much all the time.

Good that you have someone who you can talk to in real life.  :)

Written By: annimal on 05/14/16 at 2:44 pm

and you know what,I ve just needed someone to come do something with me who didn't seem so negative.  There are times I misunderstand things and may see thim worse then they are sometimes, but other times I'm told much more that I did something wrong or something much more then I ever remember hearing anything from a more positive side.  I'm ready to take the shovel now and rework my soil.  All the past you read too much. ( and I have read a lot in the past) just seems like a negative judgment being placed on me.  I would have felt better if she had asked me in the past if I'm ready to put some plants in the ground.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/16 at 4:12 am

Yesterday, I had a wonderful with the family, ending up watching Eurovision...

Written By: annimal on 05/15/16 at 12:59 pm

thinking about doing a humming bird and a butterfly section in my 15 foot long garden area, but don't have that many plants or much money to buy a lot right now. Guess I'll combine the two and make changes if I want to if I get more plants.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/15/16 at 1:47 pm

Yesterday, I had a wonderful with the family, ending up watching Eurovision...

Sounds fun.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/15/16 at 1:47 pm

thinking about doing a humming bird and a butterfly section in my 15 foot long garden area, but don't have that many plants or much money to buy a lot right now. Guess I'll combine the two and make changes if I want to if I get more plants.

I love hummingbirds! Sorry, I had to say it. They're full of awesome-ness.  8)

Written By: annimal on 05/15/16 at 5:36 pm

hay no problem.  I love all kinds of animals and know I can get some humming birds if not butterflies most the time.  Humming birds will eat off a butterfly bushes and I'm sure many other plants as well. 

Written By: nally on 05/16/16 at 5:57 pm

Still continuing to search for other part-time and possibly some full-time positions, while keeping my skills up.

Written By: Howard on 05/17/16 at 3:01 pm

Still continuing to search for other part-time and possibly some full-time positions, while keeping my skills up.

good for you.  :)

Written By: annimal on 05/17/16 at 4:06 pm

Just trying to take it easy today and keep calm.  I had some kind of real bad seizure or something.  It got better in the evening  when I sang with Who Put The Bop.                        ooh  ooh ooh  ohh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/17/16 at 4:09 pm

Just trying to take it easy today and keep calm.  I had some kind of real bad seizure or something.  It got better in the evening  when I sang with Who Put The Bop.                        ooh  ooh ooh  ohh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
Please take good care of yourself.

Written By: annimal on 05/17/16 at 4:20 pm

okay I will

lets see, my Bop Parody  Who put this slop in my fast a food order                            out of the bag goe grease drip de drip de drip

think I'll go find it

Written By: 80sfan on 05/17/16 at 4:26 pm

Good luck!

Written By: annimal on 05/17/16 at 4:33 pm

well so far so good and here's my parody  http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/barrymann2.shtml

Igore- she said a dirty word  she said a dirty word

Written By: nally on 05/17/16 at 6:07 pm

well so far so good and here's my parody  http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/barrymann2.shtml

Igore- she said a dirty word  she said a dirty word

Just took a look at it and left a comment. :D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/17/16 at 10:34 pm

I can't believe I've been at my job for 4 weeks now! I'm currently at week five!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/16 at 6:40 am

I can't believe I've been at my job for 4 weeks now! I'm currently at week five!
O0

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/16 at 7:55 am

O0

https://cdn.andertoons.com/img/toons/cartoon6130.png

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/16 at 8:00 am

https://cdn.andertoons.com/img/toons/cartoon6130.png
Is that all you are doing?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/16 at 8:40 am

Is that all you are doing?

It's basically a survey or poll job.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/16 at 8:42 am

It's basically a survey or poll job.
On phones, in a call centre?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/16 at 8:53 am

On phones, in a call centre?

A call centre with computers.  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/16 at 9:04 am

A call centre with computers.  :D
With computers!!!! Whoo-hoo!!!!

Written By: nally on 05/18/16 at 11:49 am

Keep up the good work!

I've been at my current job for 4 months, the longest I've held any paid position... and I am enjoying the work I do.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/16 at 11:51 am

Keep up the good work!

I've been at my current job for 4 months, the longest I've held any paid position... and I am enjoying the work I do.

The great thing about my job is that I can become full time, if I want to. This place is very flexible.

Good job for you too!

Written By: nally on 05/18/16 at 11:57 am

The great thing about my job is that I can become full time, if I want to. This place is very flexible.

Good job for you too!

Likewise, I am flexible at the moment, as I do not currently have anything in place for Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. In fact, my supervisor said that there may be one week next month in which I may have to come in on Mon/Wed instead of Tue/Thur. I said I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/16 at 12:03 pm

Likewise, I am flexible at the moment, as I do not currently have anything in place for Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. In fact, my supervisor said that there may be one week next month in which I may have to come in on Mon/Wed instead of Tue/Thur. I said I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

I'm not sure there's any such thing as a 'perfect' job, but yes, if you can bare the work, the people, and the place, then it's worth sticking with the job!

I can literally come into my job and schedule a 20 hour week (part time), or full time (40 hours+) if I want. And I can skip a day or two, as long as I work a minimum of 20 hours per week.

Written By: nally on 05/18/16 at 12:05 pm

I'm not sure there's any such thing as a 'perfect' job, but yes, if you can bare the work, the people, and the place, then it's worth sticking with the job!

Yes, the folks at the place where I'm at, really seem to appreciate me and are grateful to have me around.

I can literally come into my job and schedule a 20 hour week (part time), or full time (40 hours+) if I want. And I can skip a day or two, as long as I work a minimum of 20 hours per week.

Good for you; I have to be there for six hours a day, two days a week, since I am on a part time basis. And there are no upcoming holidays that would affect my schedule... until Thanksgiving, which is half a year away.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/16 at 2:55 pm

take care.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/16 at 2:56 pm

Congratulations. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/16 at 3:00 pm

Congratulations. :)

TY.

Written By: annimal on 05/18/16 at 4:37 pm

tomorrow the psychologist is coming over.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/16 at 9:45 pm

tomorrow the psychologist is coming over.

That's good.

Written By: annimal on 05/19/16 at 11:26 am

today is the day.  The appoints aren't until 2:00 so she probably wont be here till 2:00

Written By: Ripley on 05/19/16 at 1:38 pm

I've been so tired! Well I have the next five days off. Friday - Tuesday. And I think Tuesday is the day if my niece's party. That's her actual birthday. But it will be small. Just cake and presents.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/16 at 3:02 pm

today is the day.  The appoints aren't until 2:00 so she probably wont be here till 2:00

What are you going to discuss with her?

Written By: Howard on 05/19/16 at 3:03 pm

I've been so tired! Well I have the next five days off. Friday - Tuesday. And I think Tuesday is the day if my niece's party. That's her actual birthday. But it will be small. Just cake and presents.

enjoy your days off.

Written By: annimal on 05/19/16 at 7:01 pm

What are you going to discuss with her?

last time we talked, she was talking about how the pharmacy should decide when I take my meds and it's not my mom's job.  So we had gone to the pharmacy to see what they would say.  So we had showed her that and she was telling me how important it was to take the meds at the exact times listed.  I asked if I should skip the med if I miss the exact time and she said yes.  I broke down in tears
( so if God tells me to take the med I should ignore him? I pray to God and my live is God driven)  She said she liked that and I can learn from my mistakes that way.  I then showed her my garden to possibly be some day.

Written By: Ripley on 05/19/16 at 8:14 pm

enjoy your days off.

Thanks  :)

Written By: Ripley on 05/19/16 at 8:15 pm

enjoy your days off.

Aren't your's Friday & Saturday? If so, you enjoy them too!

Written By: annimal on 05/19/16 at 9:51 pm

walked 6 laps at Modesto Junior College and feel great

Written By: 80sfan on 05/19/16 at 9:55 pm

I just sat on the couch for most of the day.

Written By: annimal on 05/19/16 at 10:02 pm

lazy  ;)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/19/16 at 10:16 pm

lazy  ;)

;D

Written By: annimal on 05/19/16 at 10:25 pm

next Thursday I don't know how many laps I'll be able to do if I'm doing a bunch of soil prep. 

Written By: 80sfan on 05/19/16 at 10:32 pm

next Thursday I don't know how many laps I'll be able to do if I'm doing a bunch of soil prep.

Do jumping jacks while doing soil prep!  8)

Written By: annimal on 05/19/16 at 10:48 pm

he he      how about

Steppin time Steppin time Steppin time Steppin time  bend in your knees and out like I's  Steppin time  to  Steppin time

Written By: 80sfan on 05/19/16 at 11:07 pm

Too much work for me. My knees wouldn't be good for it.  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/20/16 at 7:47 am

Aren't your's Friday & Saturday? If so, you enjoy them too!

She has been giving a permanent schedule, well actually all of us cart guys have a permanent schedule. My schedule is Sunday-Thursday 9-1 and Friday-Saturday off till I come back on Sunday.

Written By: Ripley on 05/20/16 at 1:29 pm

She has been giving a permanent schedule, well actually all of us cart guys have a permanent schedule. My schedule is Sunday-Thursday 9-1 and Friday-Saturday off till I come back on Sunday.

Great! Mine is Wednesday - Saturday 7-11 and Sunday 8-12

Written By: nally on 05/20/16 at 2:11 pm

That's good, to get some exercise. I should get out and start exercising more on a regular basis.

Written By: Howard on 05/20/16 at 2:25 pm

Great! Mine is Wednesday - Saturday 7-11 and Sunday 8-12

So that's a permanent schedule?

Written By: annimal on 05/20/16 at 2:29 pm

Nothing going on this Friday.  It has gotten cloudy again

Written By: 80sfan on 05/20/16 at 10:35 pm

Nothing going on this Friday.  It has gotten cloudy again

I had a great Friday, not exciting, but okay. It was sunny from where I'm from.

Written By: annimal on 05/20/16 at 10:44 pm

Let's see, I'll need to fill my pill boxes tonight or tomorrow.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/20/16 at 10:56 pm

Let's see, I'll need to fill my pill boxes tonight or tomorrow.

Refill?

Written By: nally on 05/21/16 at 12:02 am

I had a great Friday, not exciting, but okay. It was sunny from where I'm from.

Not exciting for me either, per se, since I was home all day. But I did make myself useful by doing housework (gotta keep things tidy!). And I also helped cook dinner.

Written By: annimal on 05/21/16 at 3:08 pm

Fill up my pill boxes tonight, nothing special planned today.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/21/16 at 5:54 pm

GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Hopefully they get their heads back in the game quickly.

Written By: karen on 05/22/16 at 6:37 am

Last night we went to a joint 70th birthday party for three friends of ours.  They had a ceilidh band playing for dancing, a cold buffet, free bar and, after some speeches, a ukulele band (featuring one of the birthday people) played some songs for us to sing along to.

It was great to catch up with friends, some of whom we haven't seen for a few years.  Elizabeth and James danced practically every dance, and persuaded the other teens to get up and join in.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/16 at 10:37 am

Last night we went to a joint 70th birthday party for three friends of ours.  They had a ceilidh band playing for dancing, a cold buffet, free bar and, after some speeches, a ukulele band (featuring one of the birthday people) played some songs for us to sing along to.

It was great to catch up with friends, some of whom we haven't seen for a few years.  Elizabeth and James danced practically every dance, and persuaded the other teens to get up and join in.

We are gearing up for a 70th birthday party. I hope it will be a good one.

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/22/16 at 11:53 am

GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Hopefully they get their heads back in the game quickly.

I'd like to say the same about my MLB team, the Dudgers. They definitely need to get their heads back in the game, and stop giving up so many runs to the opposition.

Written By: annimal on 05/22/16 at 1:29 pm

tried to use the hoe in my garden.  Don't seem to have any strength in my back whatsoever.  I can only bend down like a frog and use a little shovel.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/16 at 1:57 pm

Not exciting for me either, per se, since I was home all day. But I did make myself useful by doing housework (gotta keep things tidy!). And I also helped cook dinner.

I'm very indifferent/neutral towards cleaning. I can take it, or leave it. Good luck!

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/16 at 1:58 pm

tried to use the hoe in my garden.  Don't seem to have any strength in my back whatsoever.  I can only bend down like a frog and use a little shovel.

Do smaller chunks?

Written By: Howard on 05/22/16 at 3:23 pm

I have some sad news, please pray for my grandmother, she may or may not make it. They had to rush her to hospice this morning and to let you all know she is the last surviving sibling in her family and she's going to be 99 in November. I hope she makes it.  :(

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/16 at 3:48 pm

I have some sad news, please pray for my grandmother, she may or may not make it. They had to rush her to hospice this morning and to let you all know she is the last surviving sibling in her family and she's going to be 99 in November. I hope she makes it.  :(

Wow, I'll pray then.

Written By: annimal on 05/22/16 at 6:32 pm

Do smaller chunks?

probably do a pot garden.  It would be easy for me to plant seeds in a pot and maybe buy something when I start getting a little more money saved up again.  I have bought a little something and some seeds and already have two sizable pink pots I can start coming up with some kind of pot garden Idea. You know I never really looked into all the soil repair stuff and garden tools.  My back has probably been this weak all my live.  It has something to do with my medical history.

Written By: Howard on 05/23/16 at 3:13 pm

So far so good, no calls saying that she passed away from my aunt and uncle so we'll still have to wait and see. :( She had a small bout of pneumonia.

Written By: annimal on 05/23/16 at 3:22 pm

Locar came right back to the blanket flowers. 

Written By: 80sfan on 05/23/16 at 3:50 pm

So far so good, no calls saying that she passed away from my aunt and uncle so we'll still have to wait and see. :( She had a small bout of pneumonia.

I prayed for her this morning, Howard.

Written By: Ripley on 05/23/16 at 4:48 pm

So that's a permanent schedule?

Yep  ;)

Written By: Ripley on 05/23/16 at 4:51 pm

Its been a crazy few days around here. But tomorrow I get to have a breather by having the get together for my neice's party.

Written By: annimal on 05/23/16 at 6:49 pm

cool, that crazy bug has come back and has been on the same flower all day.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/23/16 at 10:54 pm

cool, that crazy bug has come back and has been on the same flower all day.

A lady bug?  :(

Written By: annimal on 05/23/16 at 11:33 pm

Locar

Written By: 80sfan on 05/23/16 at 11:44 pm

Locar

Coooool.

Written By: Ripley on 05/24/16 at 10:43 am

Once again, things are rough with my relationship. Some people say its better to walk away but there is that little thing called love. And I have a big heart so...

Written By: Howard on 05/24/16 at 3:04 pm

I prayed for her this morning, Howard.

Thanks. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/24/16 at 3:05 pm

Its been a crazy few days around here. But tomorrow I get to have a breather by having the get together for my neice's party.

enjoy her party. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/24/16 at 3:06 pm

Once again, things are rough with my relationship. Some people say its better to walk away but there is that little thing called love. And I have a big heart so...

love always gets in the way of a relationship especially with the person you really enjoy being with.

Written By: nally on 05/24/16 at 5:59 pm

I'm very indifferent/neutral towards cleaning. I can take it, or leave it. Good luck!

Thanks. I just don't like things to get dirty around the house, that's all.

Written By: nally on 05/24/16 at 6:00 pm

Well, given that November is half a year away and she's been rushed to hospice, I ...don't know what to say. Still, I'll pray for ya. ;)

Written By: nally on 05/24/16 at 6:03 pm

As for me, I'm still learning a few new things in my work, even though I've been able to do most everything else with ease. Who knows, I might even learn more things to do.

Written By: annimal on 05/24/16 at 7:24 pm

did some paper organizing

Written By: 2001 on 05/24/16 at 8:48 pm

:\'( I hope she makes it too.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/24/16 at 9:49 pm

did some paper organizing

Did you get paid for it?  ???

Written By: annimal on 05/24/16 at 11:01 pm

he he  just mom and I putting some stuff together.  I have lost height over the years with my messed up spinal cord. 

Written By: Howard on 05/25/16 at 3:27 pm

Thanks. I just don't like things to get dirty around the house, that's all.

me too.

Written By: Howard on 05/25/16 at 3:28 pm

Well, given that November is half a year away and she's been rushed to hospice, I ...don't know what to say. Still, I'll pray for ya. ;)

Thanks. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/25/16 at 9:33 pm

I remember on my first day of the job I was nervous as heck. Now, I'm used to it.

Written By: annimal on 05/26/16 at 12:53 pm

My psychologist called a little while ago to say that she hurt her back. 

I put a few plants in a pot this morning.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/26/16 at 2:00 pm

My psychologist called a little while ago to say that she hurt her back. 

I put a few plants in a pot this morning.

Oh great, two hurt backs. ::)

Written By: annimal on 05/26/16 at 3:02 pm

I don't know for sure if she really hurt herself or she's trying to tell my mom that she just needs to let me do what I can how I can.  Of course I don't want her to be hurt if she is.

I was just asking my mom if I could get a chair I can tilt a little so I don't have to sit up perfectly straight all the time.  I'm scooted forward in this desk chair a little with my laptop on my lap right now.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/16 at 3:09 pm

I remember on my first day of the job I was nervous as heck. Now, I'm used to it.

I felt the same way on my first day on the job.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/26/16 at 3:14 pm

I felt the same way on my first day on the job.

How long have you been at Pathmark?

Written By: Howard on 05/26/16 at 3:26 pm

How long have you been at Pathmark?

It's Stop N Shop, Pathmark went bankrupt but to answer your question it's been 9 years at the company. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/26/16 at 3:30 pm

It's Stop N Shop, Pathmark went bankrupt but to answer your question it's been 9 years at the company. :)

Be proud, you've kept a job longer than one of my siblings. I think the longest he/she stuck with a job is four months.  :o

Written By: violet_shy on 05/26/16 at 4:05 pm

Hope everyone is doing great! It has been a wonderful month so far. It was my sister's birthday on the 23rd, could not go visit her to Boston where she lives unfortunately. But sent her wishes to her. I miss my sister! Has a great Mother's Day, did what everyone else does on that day, treated mom. Can't wait for June!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/26/16 at 6:19 pm

The Blues continually break my heart EVERY DAMN YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Best of wishes to San Jose, we were no match for them, the blues were gassed OUT! The better team won.
But now with the Rams gone and Cards struggling it won't be an easy pill to swallow! :\'(

Written By: nally on 05/26/16 at 6:26 pm

It can be like that in many cases. I'm very well accustomed to my job, that's for sure. And still learning new things. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/27/16 at 9:04 am

Be proud, you've kept a job longer than one of my siblings. I think the longest he/she stuck with a job is four months.  :o

I'm proud of what I have, even if it's the tackiest job.

Written By: annimal on 05/27/16 at 10:30 am

Yes this has been a great Month for me.  My psy has helped with perception between me and my mom.  I've got a pretty blanket flower panted in a pot with Locar visiting it.  I've got the high score in one of the Frogger games here.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/16 at 11:20 am

I'm back, after several days away. I would have been back earlier, but we had transportation problems.

Once again it was days spent with family, and we had a wonderful time.

Have i missed much?

Written By: nally on 05/27/16 at 12:02 pm

I'm back, after several days away. I would have been back earlier, but we had transportation problems.

Have i missed much?

Glad you are back safe and sound, Philip!! :)

And it's also good to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time together. O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/16 at 12:05 pm

Glad you are back safe and sound, Philip!! :)

And it's also good to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time together. O0
All of us are getting ready for the big day around mid-June, but that news will be announced at the time.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/27/16 at 1:09 pm

Have i missed much?

I've been wondering where you were.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/16 at 1:12 pm

I've been wondering where you were.  :(
It was announced in other topics, and all is fine.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/27/16 at 1:15 pm

It was announced in other topics, and all is fine.

People here should know by now I don't always read everything fully.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/16 at 1:18 pm

People here should know by now I don't always read everything fully.  ;D
Yes there is a lot to read and catch up on.

Written By: Howard on 05/27/16 at 2:50 pm

Have i missed much?

Good to see you back Phil. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/16 at 2:53 pm

Good to see you back Phil. :)
Thank you Howard. It is good to be back.

Written By: Ripley on 05/28/16 at 1:18 pm

I hope your grandma is doing better Howard. You know about my grandpa being in the nursing home and he's had several hospital stays. Well 10 years ago when my mom and I lived just a few blocks away we would see them all the time. So we would see them about everyday. I never though they could have these health problems.  They we're so healthy and happy. Now they're both lonely having to live apart. Though he is just down the end of main street a few blocks away and she sees him every day, it is so hard on them. And it's all hard on my mom and me. I miss when they we're doing great. 😭

Written By: Ripley on 05/28/16 at 1:32 pm

Here is a break down of my week and what's to come next week...

Monday: Had a bad time taking care of my drunk s.o. I hate when he gets that way. And alcohol is bad.

Tuesday: My niece's birthday. She had fun and she loved the tricycle we got her. It was a nice time.

Wednesday: The satellite went out due to storms. Not even the saved movies worked. But on the upside, my mom and I finally got new phones and they work great! Also, we went to the cable company and switched services. We got a great deal too.

Thursday: Not much happend.

Friday: The satellite got fixed.

Saturday: Work was lame. I hope I get a new job soon. But at least I got a free cheeseburger for the holiday.

Sunday (tomorrow): Work but no plans after.

Monday & Tuesday (next week): One of those days we're going to attempt to go to the zoo depending on the weather. My mom, me, sister and neice.

Also, my sister got a new pool and I want to go get in it. I hope I get to. So two possitives with the phones and cable but everything else is negative.

Written By: nally on 05/28/16 at 4:25 pm

^ Interesting (in one way or another). Best of luck to you in the days ahead. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/28/16 at 6:15 pm

I hope your grandma is doing better Howard. You know about my grandpa being in the nursing home and he's had several hospital stays. Well 10 years ago when my mom and I lived just a few blocks away we would see them all the time. So we would see them about everyday. I never though they could have these health problems.  They we're so healthy and happy. Now they're both lonely having to live apart. Though he is just down the end of main street a few blocks away and she sees him every day, it is so hard on them. And it's all hard on my mom and me. I miss when they we're doing great. 😭

Thanks Ripley, so far, my parents haven't heard anything of bad news within the last week, so that's good news.

Written By: karen on 05/29/16 at 9:08 am

James is at camp this weekend.  I drove him and another scout across there on Friday evening.

Elizabeth is doing an expedition this weekend with her friends (all scouts).  Dai will drive up tomorrow to bring them home.

Yesterday Dai and I went to Coventry for a bit to see the cathedral.  the original cathedral was destroyed by bombs in the second world war and so a new one was built nearby.

Today we have been repairing part of the fence at the front of the house.  a large section was replaced last year and another bit needs doing.  Dai dismantled it and we have replaced some of the timbers.  I have just been the extra pair of hands when needed.

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/16 at 9:43 am

I just experienced a small myocardial infarma...... when you wrote

Elizabeth is doing an expedition

I read Elizabeth is expecting.....    Hopefully that's still a long, long way off post.  ;D

Written By: annimal on 05/29/16 at 10:11 am

needed some time away so I could try and remember not to call anyone any names again  ;)

My eyes felt sore once again so I took a rest.  I ended up emptying the drawer I have of costumes and things I might want to perform with.  I can ask myself once again if I'm going to do something with them.  We went to a baseball game at night and the Modesto Nuts beat the San Jose Giants 8 to 0.

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/16 at 12:59 pm

needed some time away so I could try and remember not to call anyone any names again  ;)

My eyes felt sore once again so I took a rest.  I ended up emptying the drawer I have of costumes and things I might want to perform with.  I can ask myself once again if I'm going to do something with them.  We went to a baseball game at night and the Modesto Nuts beat the San Jose Giants 8 to 0.

hope your eyes are feeling better... Did you enjoy the game? Glad your team won.

Written By: annimal on 05/29/16 at 1:44 pm

I don't think my eyes are going to feel better till I sees one of those type of doctors that deal with  brain vision.  I was reminded how light sensitive I seem to be.

The game gave me an eye light rest from the computer.  It was nice to do something I don't do all the time.

I have 4 of my old written parodies I might consider recording if My brother still wouldn't mind helping me make them into videos.

Written By: Ripley on 05/29/16 at 2:21 pm

^ Interesting (in one way or another). Best of luck to you in the days ahead. :)

Thank Jeff 😃

Written By: meesa on 05/29/16 at 2:43 pm

been a rough month.
My elderly uncle was  critically  injured in a four wheeler accident. It is a wonder that he wasn't killed, many broken bones and punctured lung, but he survived.  While he was in the hospital, his wife, my sweet, sweet Aunt passed away (lung cancer).  My Uncle has finally come out of the hospital, but one of the first things he will have to do is bury his wife.  :\'(  My cousin is an only child and full time officer, and she is having to try to deal with all of this. Thank goodness her husband, another full time officer, is a very good man and helping to shoulder the load. Two of my good friends are gone, one of liver cancer and the other of complications of brain cancer, within a week of each other  just this past week.
I had a lump removed from my abdomen, but it was found to be negative for cancer, thank the Goddess.

Hoping June is brighter month for my friends and loved ones.

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/16 at 2:52 pm

been a rough month.
My elderly uncle was  critically  injured in a four wheeler accident. It is a wonder that he wasn't killed, many broken bones and punctured lung, but he survived.  While he was in the hospital, his wife, my sweet, sweet Aunt passed away (lung cancer).  My Uncle has finally come out of the hospital, but one of the first things he will have to do is bury his wife.  :\'(  My cousin is an only child and full time officer, and she is having to try to deal with all of this. Thank goodness her husband, another full time officer, is a very good man and helping to shoulder the load. Two of my good friends are gone, one of liver cancer and the other of complications of brain cancer, within a week of each other  just this past week.
I had a lump removed from my abdomen, but it was found to be negative for cancer, thank the Goddess.

That really sucks meesa. So sorry to hear your family has been going through so much in such a short time frame.  Glad your test results were positive. Hopefully better karma finds its way to you in June.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/16 at 3:19 pm

been a rough month.

sorry Meesa about your situations, hope things can get better for you.  :)

Written By: annimal on 05/29/16 at 3:30 pm

glad no one has died

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/29/16 at 4:30 pm

Well good news, I got my results back, My final grades were mainly As.

Bad news is that my Uncle(grandmother's brother in law) is in the hospital, we don't know what's wrong.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/29/16 at 4:36 pm

^ ^

Yup, get your degree while you can. There's no shame in getting it later, but it's just nice to get it over with by 22.

Written By: nally on 05/29/16 at 4:36 pm

^ ^

Yup, get your degree while you can. There's no shame in getting it later, but it's just nice to get it over with by 22.

For some people, such as myself, it takes longer. I was about 28 when I finally got mine.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/29/16 at 4:41 pm

For some people, such as myself, it takes longer. I was about 28 when I finally got mine.

I think it's great that you have a Bachelor's degree. You just have more opportunities with it, then without.

I'll go back one day. What better way to sharpen my writing skills than college?  ;)

Written By: nally on 05/29/16 at 4:53 pm

I think it's great that you have a Bachelor's degree. You just have more opportunities with it, then without.

So true. I just know that I was determined to get one. I started out my higher education in the community colleges, unsure of what academic path I wanted to take. Then after a couple years, I (thought I) had an idea. Who would have thought it would open up other options?

But that's okay, I persevered and it all payed off.

I'll go back one day. What better way to sharpen my writing skills than college?  ;)

I gradually sharpened my writing skills as well during my college years. I used to dread writing term papers, because it would be a challenge to get my ideas down on paper and formulate them into a cohesive essay... but the more I did it, the better I got.

Written By: annimal on 05/29/16 at 5:39 pm

I never did anything better when I was at college.  I think my writing may have been at it's best when I first joined Amiright. 

Written By: 80sfan on 05/29/16 at 6:31 pm

I never did anything better when I was at college.  I think my writing may have been at it's best when I first joined Amiright.

Hey, if you can become a millionaire$$$$ without college, then that's a different story.  8)  8)

Written By: annimal on 05/29/16 at 7:58 pm

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Written By: nally on 05/29/16 at 11:17 pm

And you still write some good parodies on there. O0

Written By: annimal on 05/30/16 at 10:59 am

Well, did I think my head has finally moved on to performing now that I've tried to communicate with my mom after getting some positive help.  My mom still seems to want things done her way and doesn't seem to realize or care that she is making things harder if not impossible for me.  I'll be happy once again if the time comes up to try just asking her why she gives me so many suggestions all the time.  You could be spending more time relaxing yourself.

Written By: Ripley on 05/30/16 at 12:04 pm

Here is a break down of my week and what's to come next week...

Monday: Had a bad time taking care of my drunk s.o. I hate when he gets that way. And alcohol is bad.

Tuesday: My niece's birthday. She had fun and she loved the tricycle we got her. It was a nice time.

Wednesday: The satellite went out due to storms. Not even the saved movies worked. But on the upside, my mom and I finally got new phones and they work great! Also, we went to the cable company and switched services. We got a great deal too.

Thursday: Not much happend.

Friday: The satellite got fixed.

Saturday: Work was lame. I hope I get a new job soon. But at least I got a free cheeseburger for the holiday.

Sunday (tomorrow): Work but no plans after.

Monday & Tuesday (next week): One of those days we're going to attempt to go to the zoo depending on the weather. My mom, me, sister and neice.

Also, my sister got a new pool and I want to go get in it. I hope I get to. So two possitives with the phones and cable but everything else is negative.

Bad news. Some idiot put Monday as our cable day when in fact it's tomorrow. So I don't know what that means for the zoo. But I'm really looking forward to it. So I hope my sis is okay with going later. 😞

Written By: nally on 05/30/16 at 12:47 pm

Bad news. Some idiot put Monday as our cable day when in fact it's tomorrow. So I don't know what that means for the zoo. But I'm really looking forward to it. So I hope my sis is okay with going later.

Ah, bummer. Hopefully this scheduling conflict can be resolved for ya.

Written By: Howard on 05/30/16 at 3:05 pm

Who wants to be a millionaire?

I do.

Written By: annimal on 05/30/16 at 4:11 pm

Well go to that game show then

Go    just pass me

Written By: Ripley on 05/30/16 at 7:35 pm

Ah, bummer. Hopefully this scheduling conflict can be resolved for ya.

I hope so  :(

Written By: karen on 05/31/16 at 9:11 am

I read Elizabeth is expecting.....    Hopefully that's still a long, long way off post.  ;D

Years and years away fingers crossed!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/16 at 10:42 am

been a rough month.

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: annimal on 05/31/16 at 10:48 am

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/16 at 11:04 am

Busy, busy, busy.

Last Wednesday, we picked SIL up at that airport. Carlos' oldest daughter & her two girls also came in that day and we went over to his 2nd daughter's house to visit for a bit before coming home. My step-daughter & the girls went with Carlos' ex.

Saturday was our annual Spring Fling barbecue. My aunt & uncle came. They left yesterday & SIL & I headed to the casino (lost  :\'( :\'( ). I was sitting next to a guy who won the BIG ONE-$7000!!!!  :o :o :o  Why didn't I sit at THAT machine?  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

I have a few minutes now where I am doing laundry including sheets.

This evening, oldest step-daughter & her two girls are coming. Carlos' ex will be dropping them off.

On Thursday, we go back north for oldest granddaughter's piano recital. Don't know who is coming back with us. We know one granddaughter will be staying up there with 2nd daughter. Don't know about the other girl and Carlos' oldest daughter. We shall see.

Friday night, Carlos' youngest & her kids (don't know about her husband) is coming and will spend the night.

Saturday-the BIG PARTY!!! Everyone is SUPPOSED to be here (except the ex). I think everyone will be leaving Saturday night.

Sunday, SIL will be flying out with oldest daughter & two girls early-which is why they will leave here on Saturday night and stay at 2nd daughter's house (which is only about 2 miles or so from the airport). For us, it will probably be a quiet day-cleaning. And next Monday-I'm doing NOTHING!!!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/31/16 at 3:39 pm

good luck.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/16 at 4:43 pm

Take good care.

Written By: annimal on 05/31/16 at 4:52 pm

thanks and okey dokey

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/16 at 4:53 pm

thanks and okey dokey
O0

Written By: annimal on 05/31/16 at 4:58 pm

yeah it's to take care of these oversized lips  ;)  It's some dentel work I'm finishing and paying off.  Friday I see another doctor for something.

Written By: nally on 05/31/16 at 6:00 pm

Busy, busy, busy.

Last Wednesday, we picked SIL up at that airport. Carlos' oldest daughter & her two girls also came in that day and we went over to his 2nd daughter's house to visit for a bit before coming home. My step-daughter & the girls went with Carlos' ex.

Saturday was our annual Spring Fling barbecue. My aunt & uncle came. They left yesterday & SIL & I headed to the casino (lost  :\'( :\'( ). I was sitting next to a guy who won the BIG ONE-$7000!!!!  :o :o :o  Why didn't I sit at THAT machine?  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

I have a few minutes now where I am doing laundry including sheets.

This evening, oldest step-daughter & her two girls are coming. Carlos' ex will be dropping them off.

On Thursday, we go back north for oldest granddaughter's piano recital. Don't know who is coming back with us. We know one granddaughter will be staying up there with 2nd daughter. Don't know about the other girl and Carlos' oldest daughter. We shall see.

Friday night, Carlos' youngest & her kids (don't know about her husband) is coming and will spend the night.

Saturday-the BIG PARTY!!! Everyone is SUPPOSED to be here (except the ex). I think everyone will be leaving Saturday night.

Sunday, SIL will be flying out with oldest daughter & two girls early-which is why they will leave here on Saturday night and stay at 2nd daughter's house (which is only about 2 miles or so from the airport). For us, it will probably be a quiet day-cleaning. And next Monday-I'm doing NOTHING!!!!

Cat

Seems like you have quite a busy week ahead of you. Take care in all you do! :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/31/16 at 6:13 pm

yeah it's to take care of these oversized lips  ;)  It's some dentel work I'm finishing and paying off.  Friday I see another doctor for something.

;D

Written By: annimal on 05/31/16 at 7:42 pm

Don't know if  I'll ever perform anything with the big silly lips, but had the right kind of junk around the house to make them at the time. 

Written By: Ripley on 06/01/16 at 9:21 am

We didn't get to go to the zoo. The cable company not only had the days mixed up but the time as well. My sister does t like going in the afternoon so it was too late. But we are going on next Monday or Tuesday. My mom and I ended up going to this place that is basically the oldest part of the city. Way back in the 1800s. But it was left alone as the city grew and kept for history. The people who run it keep it looking nice, clean, they fix stuff. Its very interesting. The smells are kind of odd though. But I get weird vibes in there. I wouldn't doubt it's haunted. It has a morgue even. I should have taken a bunch of pics for you all to see. I did take a few of the morgue cause I'm weird lol But it's really all there was of the town back then. Some shops, Dr's offices, church, pharmacy, seamstress, photography studio, farming, a saloon,  theater and hotel. I can post those few pics if you guys want. But I warn you they are not so good. I just took a few snaps real quick. Anyhow, so it was nice. There are 5 more museums we want tl go to this coming season. A county history museum, we have already been to the world one so time to go there. An air museum, for planes and stuff. The space museum, which I haven't been tl in years. This salt museum, it's actually real from the earth and you go deep underground. Then this big garden and statue place that we also haven't seen. Also we are going to see the new Independence Day movie right when it comes out, in IMAX. So some very exciting things coming up, at least we plan them anyway. Let's see if my mom gets a job right away. Thats the main thing. Were really struggling. Oh last thing I did yesterday was I baked a new cake. It has been weeks. You can check that out on my baking topic.

Check for new replies or respond here...