inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whats the NEWEST/OLDEST movie you have on home media?

Written By: Dude111 on 05/08/16 at 3:13 am

For newest mine would be Firewall (2006) -- I recorded it off cable TV (I think HBO)

Firewall is a good movie.... I think one of Harrisons LAST good ones....

The oldest I have is THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939) -- I have that on its official MGM tape....... (It has BLACK AND WHITE instead of that sepiatone crap they changed it back to in 1989 (It was originally that way but in 1941 they decided it didnt look that good and replaced it with black and white -- MUCH BETTER!!))

BUT SINCE PURITY AND GOOD JUDGEMENT WAS DESTROYED IN THE 80s,its no surprise :(

Subject: Re: Whats the NEWEST/OLDEST movie you have on home media?

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 07/11/16 at 4:02 pm

I haven't bought any new movies in a while. The newest one I own might be Scream 4 (2011). I'll have to browse my collection to see if I have anything newer.

My oldest movie is the same as yours-- The Wizard of Oz (1939). I was obsessed with this movie when I was a kid. Growing up I didn't own an official VHS version, we just recorded it off the TV when it aired sometime in the '90s and that's what I watched over and over again for my whole childhood. I still remember some of the commercials on that tape. I now own a version on DVD from around 2005.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/16 at 5:17 pm

Do t.v. shows count? If it does, then the newest would be Foyle's War (2002–2015).

Haven't bought a movie in a LONG time.

The oldest movie I had is on VHS-Orphans of the Storm (1921). It was a G.W. Griffith film starring Lillian & Dorothy Gish about the French Revolution. What really cracked me up was how (according to Griffith) there were Bolsheviks in the French Revolution.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/12/16 at 12:10 am

Do t.v. shows count? If it does, then the newest would be Foyle's War (2002–2015).

And my answer for "oldest" would be the complete 5th season of I Love Lucy (1955-56), followed by the complete series of Mister Ed (1961-66). "Newest"...not sure.

Haven't bought a movie in a LONG time.

Same with me.

The oldest movie I had is on VHS-Orphans of the Storm (1921). It was a G.W. Griffith film starring Lillian & Dorothy Gish about the French Revolution. What really cracked me up was how (according to Griffith) there were Bolsheviks in the French Revolution.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Ah, that is quite interesting.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/16 at 3:28 pm

If it has to be oldest my Father has the whole series collection of ALF from 1986.

Check for new replies or respond here...