inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: July 2016 Already?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/16 at 10:40 am

WOW! July already. The year is half over with.

Cat

Subject: Re: July 2016 Already?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/16 at 10:43 am

Cat
It will soon be Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Written By: violet_shy on 06/30/16 at 11:12 am

2016 is going by TOO fast!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/30/16 at 11:57 am

I can't believe that we're almost at the seventh month this year. Not to mention that next month would make it a year since I joined InThe00s.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/16 at 3:59 pm

Cat

I know, can you believe it?  :o

Written By: Howard on 06/30/16 at 3:59 pm

It will soon be Thanksgiving and Christmas?

That I'm looking forward to. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/16 at 4:00 pm

2016 is going by TOO fast!

You don't have to tell me that.  :o

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/16 at 4:02 pm

COMIC CON!!!!

Written By: nally on 06/30/16 at 8:33 pm

Cat

I know, can you believe it?  :o

This year is flying by! :D :o

Written By: Starlighter on 06/30/16 at 8:35 pm

It seems like only yesterday we started 2016.

Gosh where does the time go?

Written By: #Infinity on 06/30/16 at 8:48 pm

In just a couple of months, we'll be two thirds of the way through the 2010s decade! :o

Written By: nally on 06/30/16 at 8:57 pm

I hope it is a good month for all of us. O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/16 at 1:21 am

White rabbit!

Written By: Howard on 07/01/16 at 7:12 am

This year is flying by! :D :o

We're already into the 7th month. :o

Written By: Howard on 07/01/16 at 7:12 am

In just a couple of months, we'll be two thirds of the way through the 2010s decade! :o

That's crazy.  :o

Written By: Ripley on 07/01/16 at 9:04 am

Cat

I know! It's crazy.

Written By: Ripley on 07/01/16 at 9:04 am

That I'm looking forward to. :)

Halloween first!!!!

Written By: Ripley on 07/01/16 at 9:09 am

My mom's birthday is next Saturday and she's going to a baby shower. We don't have the money to do anything and my next check is going to be super short but I am still taking her out for lunch. Either next Friday or Sunday depending on my hours. As for the fourth... no plans. My brother in law is shooting fireworks but it's right in front of his house, too close for me. If he has a barbeque, which he probably won't, I'll just watch from inside cause I would want to go for grilled food. I do like the look of fireworks but from a far, they scare me!

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/16 at 9:44 am

My mom's birthday is next Saturday and she's going to a baby shower. We don't have the money to do anything and my next check is going to be super short but I am still taking her out for lunch. Either next Friday or Sunday depending on my hours. As for the fourth... no plans. My brother in law is shooting fireworks but it's right in front of his house, too close for me. If he has a barbeque, which he probably won't, I'll just watch from inside cause I would want to go for grilled food. I do like the look of fireworks but from a far, they scare me!

Check out groupon. Maybe you can find a deal on a meal at a place you'd like to take her for lunch.

Written By: nally on 07/01/16 at 1:08 pm

Speaking of birthdays, mine is coming up on the 11th of this month. That's a week from Monday. Still trying to decide how I wanna spend the day.

Written By: Howard on 07/01/16 at 1:16 pm

Halloween first!!!!

Ok, and the pumpkin spice lattes in October.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/16 at 2:29 pm

Today is my nephew's 25th birthday and today we are celebrating Elvira's 10th.  :)

Cat

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/01/16 at 6:26 pm

I'm really psyched for my trip out East starting Sunday.  It's great to be able to see family that I don't get to see very often.  :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 07/01/16 at 7:08 pm

HOW is my question!

2016 so far has been the best year of my life! :) I dont want it to end!

Written By: Ripley on 07/01/16 at 7:11 pm

Today is my nephew's 25th birthday and today we are celebrating Elvira's 10th.  :)

Cat
Happy birthday to them both! Do you give your kittie's presents on their birthdays.

Written By: Ripley on 07/01/16 at 7:12 pm

Ok, and the pumpkin spice lattes in October.

I haven't tried those. I'll just have a caramel frapp like always lol

Written By: Ripley on 07/01/16 at 7:13 pm

Speaking of birthdays, mine is coming up on the 11th of this month. That's a week from Monday. Still trying to decide how I wanna spend the day.

Do you think you'll go to that Italuan restaurant you like so much?

Written By: nally on 07/01/16 at 10:07 pm

Do you think you'll go to that Italuan restaurant you like so much?

Possibly so. :D

Written By: Howard on 07/02/16 at 7:22 am

Cat

Happy Birthday to your nephew and Elvira.

Written By: Howard on 07/02/16 at 7:23 am

I'm really psyched for my trip out East starting Sunday.  It's great to be able to see family that I don't get to see very often.  :)

enjoy.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/16 at 11:34 am

Happy birthday to them both! Do you give your kittie's presents on their birthdays.

Are you kidding? They already have just about every kind of toy made for cats (except a cat tree which Carlos won't let me get for them) and they usually get a can every day anyway so what else can I give her? Well, I did give her a little extra lovin'.  ;)

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/02/16 at 12:04 pm

Are you kidding? They already have just about every kind of toy made for cats (except a cat tree which Carlos won't let me get for them) and they usually get a can every day anyway so what else can I give her? Well, I did give her a little extra lovin'.  ;)

Cat

That's really nice. Happy (belated) birthday to your cat... and your nephew. :)

Written By: nally on 07/02/16 at 12:05 pm

Today we are having guests over (only two), so my family and I will be busy cleaning up the house (something we started doing yesterday).

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/02/16 at 1:29 pm

enjoy.  :)

I know that I will.  I think that this is a pretty good swan song after being stuck where I've been for almost 27 years.  :)

jsaTElBljOE

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/16 at 2:28 pm

I know that I will.  I think that this is a pretty good swan song after being stuck where I've been for almost 27 years.  :)

jsaTElBljOE

Are you totally moving or just going for a visit?

I know what you mean about being happy to leave a place. Felt that way when I left Texas for the last time. In fact, when I drove over the border into Oklahoma, I put my middle finger up to Texas-then broke out in a chorus of the song Oklahoma.  :D ;D ;D ;D It really was a good thing there wasn't anyone in the car with me-except my 4 cats but they didn't critique my singing.  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: karen on 07/03/16 at 5:06 am

We spent yesterday in Yorkshire supporting Elizabeth and James as they walked the Yorkshire Three Peaks.  It is approximately 26 miles over three 2,000+ foot mountains and the challenge is to do it under 12 hours.  We haven't calculated the exact time but they came back around an hour and a half early!

They were doing it to raise funds for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Diamond Challenge.  If you're my FB friend I've linked to their justgiving page - or PM me

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/16 at 6:40 am

I may not be online that often for the next few weeks, life has got a bit complicated, but the good news is I have now cradled my granddaughter in my arms and she is a pure bundle of joy. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/16 at 10:38 am

I may not be online that often for the next few weeks, life has got a bit complicated, but the good news is I have now cradled my granddaughter in my arms and she is a pure bundle of joy.

Sounds wonderful. And we were LOVE to see pics.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 07/03/16 at 3:20 pm

Cat

My cats have so many toys i lost count😂

Written By: Ripley on 07/03/16 at 3:21 pm

I hope things are okay Philip. But I'm glad you got to hold your grandbaby!

Written By: Ripley on 07/03/16 at 3:23 pm

Were going over to my sisters for a barbeque after all. I think there will be fireworks but I'm not sitting close. Scary. Its today we go. I just hope not many people go. I hate when there are people around I dont know.

Written By: Howard on 07/03/16 at 3:25 pm

take care of your granddaughter, see you soon. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/16 at 3:29 pm

My cats have so many toys i lost count😂

It is amazing how many humans play with cat toys. My grandkids do-and I confess, sometimes I do, too.  :-http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/104_zpsjxhr3s81.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/096_zpskbphb2ya.jpg

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/03/16 at 3:38 pm

It is amazing how many humans play with cat toys. My grandkids do-and I confess, sometimes I do, too.  :-http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/104_zpsjxhr3s81.jpg

Cat

that's so cute. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/03/16 at 4:14 pm

Cat

Nice VCR/DVD combo player you have on the TV.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/16 at 5:29 pm

Nice VCR/DVD combo player you have on the TV.

Nothing about my beautiful granddaughter? Just about our vintage VCR/DVD player (not to mention our ancient tv-in fact, I think our tv is older than you are).

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/03/16 at 5:39 pm

Cat

What a cutie. ;)

Written By: nally on 07/03/16 at 6:03 pm

That is so nice, Philip. Have a good time with your granddaughter, and hopefully we will see you again soon. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/03/16 at 6:31 pm

Nothing about my beautiful granddaughter? Just about our vintage VCR/DVD player (not to mention our ancient tv-in fact, I think our tv is older than you are).

Cat

Your granddaughter seems nice. I just like seeing old VCRs since a lot of people don't use them anymore. Especially when my dad threw my family's VCR out in 2009, which made me pissed because I always had good times with that VCR. Especially with your 70s TV. Looks really good.

Written By: nally on 07/03/16 at 6:35 pm

Your granddaughter seems nice. I just like seeing old VCRs since a lot of people don't use them anymore. Especially when my dad threw my family's VCR out in 2009, which made me pissed because I always had good times with that VCR. Especially with your 70s TV. Looks really good.

Sometimes I tend to notice things like that in photos as well... in fact, I even have a VCR unit in my house that still works (altho we don't use it quite as much these days).

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/03/16 at 6:40 pm

Sometimes I tend to notice things like that in photos as well... in fact, I even have a VCR unit in my house that still works (altho we don't use it quite as much these days).

I still have one, but it doesn't work because the part where it reads the tape is broken. Especially when it has the cartridge stuck, so I have to force the cartridge to get out of the VCR. I know it may seem dangerous, but I haven't used it ever since. Which is a reason why I want to get my own VCR/DVD combo player.

Written By: nally on 07/03/16 at 6:45 pm

I still have one, but it doesn't work because the part where it reads the tape is broken. Especially when it has the cartridge stuck, so I have to force the cartridge to get out of the VCR. I know it may seem dangerous, but I haven't used it ever since. Which is a reason why I want to get my own VCR/DVD combo player.

In 2003 I received a television set with a built-in VCR as a Christmas present. The TV still works just fine, but the VCR has been broken since 2008, possibly due to overuse (I used to tape a lot of things on it during the first 4 years that I had it). So now I can't play video tapes in it anymore. I don't know what specifically is wrong with it, though. I had sent an email to tech support, but I accidentally deleted the reply. :-[

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/03/16 at 7:00 pm

In 2003 I received a television set with a built-in VCR as a Christmas present. The TV still works just fine, but the VCR has been broken since 2008, possibly due to overuse (I used to tape a lot of things on it during the first 4 years that I had it). So now I can't play video tapes in it anymore. I don't know what specifically is wrong with it, though. I had sent an email to tech support, but I accidentally deleted the reply. :-[

That's sad. I could get one from some place, but I don't know where in my area. My grandma has one (especially with a large collection of VHS tapes), but I don't know if she'll like it if I use her VCR.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/16 at 7:01 pm

I'm just messin' with ya.

We use the VCR (that is above the combo) to run our dish through it since the tv is ancient. We couldn't find the combo when we had the dish hooked up right after we moved in and now we can't figure out how to use the combo instead of the VCR. We don't watch DVDs/VHS tapes there because the ancient tv has a really bad picture. We watch them in the upstairs bedroom where the tv a bit newer (flat screen). I have been talking about buying a new tv for years now-and even shopped for one but I would miss my console. Where else can I put all my crap stuff that I have on it-pics, a few knickknacks, etc. Not to mention the combo & dish receiver. I bought it 1988. Two more years and it will be the big 3-0! 

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/03/16 at 7:04 pm

That's sad. I could get one from some place, but I don't know where in my area. My grandma has one (especially with a large collection of VHS tapes), but I don't know if she'll like it if I use her VCR.

My parents and I also have a large collection of VHS tapes. I'm storing mine away, since I'm likely not going to use them anytime soon, but I'm pretty sure they're all in good working condition.

The one I have looks sorta like this, by the way:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/5e/b0/2e/5eb02e11842ceba05e36483ed84a4704.jpg
(hopefully you can see the picture)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/03/16 at 7:10 pm

I'm just messin' with ya.

We use the VCR (that is above the combo) to run our dish through it since the tv is ancient. We couldn't find the combo when we had the dish hooked up right after we moved in and now we can't figure out how to use the combo instead of the VCR. We don't watch DVDs/VHS tapes there because the ancient tv has a really bad picture. We watch them in the upstairs bedroom where the tv a bit newer (flat screen). I have been talking about buying a new tv for years now-and even shopped for one but I would miss my console. Where else can I put all my crap stuff that I have on it-pics, a few knickknacks, etc. Not to mention the combo & dish receiver. I bought it 1988. Two more years and it will be the big 3-0! 

Cat

Sorry, it's just that I miss seeing VCRs.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/03/16 at 7:12 pm

My parents and I also have a large collection of VHS tapes. I'm storing mine away, since I'm likely not going to use them anytime soon, but I'm pretty sure they're all in good working condition.

The one I have looks sorta like this, by the way:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/5e/b0/2e/5eb02e11842ceba05e36483ed84a4704.jpg
(hopefully you can see the picture)

I could see the picture well. It's nice to see a TV/VCR like that, even if it looks like new.

Written By: nally on 07/03/16 at 7:15 pm

I could see the picture well. It's nice to see a TV/VCR like that, even if it looks like new.

Good. O0 Like I said, mine was new in 2003, so this Christmas it'll be 13 years.
I haven't watched it much lately, since it is not capable of High Definition, but I do watch non-HD channels on it, such as MeTV, Antenna TV, Create (a channel that is affiliated with the PBS network), and the Music Choice channels. Sometimes I like to turn it to the "Soundscapes" channel when I want to relax.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/03/16 at 7:20 pm

Good. O0 Like I said, mine was new in 2003, so this Christmas it'll be 13 years.
I haven't watched it much lately, since it is not capable of High Definition, but I do watch non-HD channels on it, such as MeTV, Antenna TV, Create (a channel that is affiliated with the PBS network), and the Music Choice channels. Sometimes I like to turn it to the "Soundscapes" channel when I want to relax.

I have a TV which my parents got in 2002 (which was new when they got it), and it works okay with their cable. Although, I don't go on the HD channels, since the picture quality is the same on my TV.

Written By: nally on 07/03/16 at 7:24 pm

I have a TV which my parents got in 2002 (which was new when they got it), and it works okay with their cable. Although, I don't go on the HD channels, since the picture quality is the same on my TV.

We have two other TVs in our house, both of which are widescreen (and able to accommodate HD pictures). One of them, we got in 2008 (after we started subscribing to Verizon FIOS); it is our "main" tv, and we loved the sharpness of HD, particularly after we started watching baseball games and other programs with it. The other one was probably new sometime after that, and it originally belonged to my grandma, but after she died two years ago, we brought it to our home and it is being used in my parents' bedroom.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/03/16 at 7:30 pm

We have two other TVs in our house, both of which are widescreen (and able to accommodate HD pictures). One of them, we got in 2008 (after we started subscribing to Verizon FIOS); it is our "main" tv, and we loved the sharpness of HD, particularly after we started watching baseball games and other programs with it. The other one was probably new sometime after that, and it originally belonged to my grandma, but after she died two years ago, we brought it to our home and it is being used in my parents' bedroom.

My grandma (my mom's mom) had another TV like mines in 2002, but she let us have it in 2010 after they got an HDTV from my uncle. I still use it ever since.

Written By: nally on 07/03/16 at 7:31 pm

My grandma (my mom's mom) had another TV like mines in 2002, but she let us have it in 2010 after they got an HDTV from my uncle. I still use it ever since.

That's good.

My mom's mom was the one who passed away a couple years ago, by the way. We then had to clear out her house and sell it, and that process took several months.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/04/16 at 9:45 am

Happy Independence Day everyone!

https://media.giphy.com/media/TmT51OyQLFD7a/giphy.gif
http://bestanimations.com/Flags/USA/usa-american-flag-waving-in-wind-real-close-up-animated-gif.gif

Written By: nally on 07/04/16 at 1:27 pm

http://bestanimations.com/Flags/USA/usa-american-flag-waving-in-wind-real-close-up-animated-gif.gif

I hope it is a safe holiday for all. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/4thJuly/smiley.gif

Written By: violet_shy on 07/04/16 at 2:28 pm

Hope everyone is safe and having fun!

Written By: Ripley on 07/04/16 at 2:47 pm

Sort of off topic of the TV subject, but I love Music Choice. It's nice to just sit and relax, get to listen to old tunes and read fun facts. Soundscapes is very nice. But the one I listen to/watch most is ovcourse the 90's one!

Written By: Howard on 07/04/16 at 2:49 pm

Sorry, it's just that I miss seeing VCRs.

I know, I miss VCRs too.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/16 at 2:50 pm

Happy Holidays. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/04/16 at 2:52 pm

Sort of off topic of the TV subject, but I love Music Choice. It's nice to just sit and relax, get to listen to old tunes and read fun facts. Soundscapes is very nice. But the one I listen to/watch most is ovcourse the 90's one!

I remember seeing Music Choice having multiple channels when I had Time Warner Cable as a kid.

Written By: Ripley on 07/04/16 at 2:54 pm

I have had several tvs in my time. Growing up we played video games on a big tv with the wooden frame. It had buttons on it if i remember correctly but we did have a remote. We have had some with a vcr slot as well. And some of the vcr/dvd combos. Now my mom has a dvd player. We need to start renting movies again.  I had a blu ray that ovcourse played dvds but i was umemployed and needed money so i sold it and all of my movies and cds as well as my laptop. I had a really nice collection of dvds, blu rays and cds too. 😭Now I have a smaller flat screen and she still has a bigger older style from several years back, not flat but still newer. And in the living room a nice sized flat screen.

Written By: Ripley on 07/04/16 at 2:58 pm

So yesterday was nice. Great food and the fireworks were alright. Not many people were there so that was good.  But my neice was scared. I would have volunteered to stay inside with her. I think my sister is trying to get her used to sounds. If that makes since. But today I don't have anything going on.

Written By: Ripley on 07/04/16 at 3:00 pm

I remember seeing Music Choice having multiple channels when I had Time Warner Cable as a kid.

Its even more now but I'm glad it's still around.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/04/16 at 3:02 pm

Its even more now but I'm glad it's still around.

Yeah. But I miss when they had their classic logo from the early 2000s.

Written By: Ripley on 07/04/16 at 3:04 pm

Yeah. But I miss when they had their classic logo from the early 2000s.

Me too. Things that are great are always messed with.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/04/16 at 3:06 pm

Me too. Things that are great are always messed with.

Yeah, but I rarely watched Music Choice. I remember seeing glimpses of it whenever I switch channels. They were good though.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/16 at 3:17 pm

They have multiple genres of music.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/04/16 at 3:34 pm

I have had several tvs in my time. Growing up we played video games on a big tv with the wooden frame. It had buttons on it if i remember correctly but we did have a remote. We have had some with a vcr slot as well. And some of the vcr/dvd combos. Now my mom has a dvd player. We need to start renting movies again.  I had a blu ray that ovcourse played dvds but i was umemployed and needed money so i sold it and all of my movies and cds as well as my laptop. I had a really nice collection of dvds, blu rays and cds too. 😭Now I have a smaller flat screen and she still has a bigger older style from several years back, not flat but still newer. And in the living room a nice sized flat screen.

We had an old portable B&W tv when I was a kid. We were poor in those days and that was our only tv. It looked something like this-complete with the rabbit ears.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/21/0a/63/210a636d2b976992909037dd9bb4c4eb.jpg

There wasn't anything called a remote control in those days.

I think the rabbit ears were the first to go and was replaced by a wire hanger. Then the buttons disappeared and we had to change the channel with a pair of pliers. The on & off button disappeared and we had to turn it on by plugging it in and of course unplugging it to turn it off. I remember after a while, it didn't want to turn on when plugging it in. I would look in the back (you can see inside it) and I would bang it until I could see the tubes start glowing so I knew it was going to start. Finally, my grandmother "donated" her tv to us and we were able to retire that old thing-FINALLY and we got our very first color tv.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 07/04/16 at 11:02 pm

I remember using wire hangers for rabbit ears cause at one point we had the good old antennas go out

Written By: nally on 07/04/16 at 11:07 pm

That's good. O0 I also listen to that channel, as well as the 80's, 70's, Solid Gold Oldies, Soft Rock, Classic Rock, Pop Hits, and Party Favorites, among others. Ever since my household first got Music Choice, we have really enjoyed it.

Written By: nally on 07/04/16 at 11:09 pm

They have multiple genres of music.

They still do. Some channels have come and gone over time (and some even get renamed), but they have about 50 different channels with all different types of music... including a few in Spanish (which I occasionally listen to), as well as Sounds Of The Seasons. Right now, Sounds Of The Seasons is playing patriotic music, as well as pop songs that have to do with the U.S. in general.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/05/16 at 1:30 pm

Heard any good jokes lately?  :(

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pF_GXCkvdB4/TaeqMZ67W_I/AAAAAAAABko/HKQWAt2tO18/s1600/woman-under-covers.jpg

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/05/16 at 1:43 pm

They still do. Some channels have come and gone over time (and some even get renamed), but they have about 50 different channels with all different types of music... including a few in Spanish (which I occasionally listen to), as well as Sounds Of The Seasons. Right now, Sounds Of The Seasons is playing patriotic music, as well as pop songs that have to do with the U.S. in general.

50 channels? When Music Choice was around 10 years ago, they only had about 20-30 channels. That's insane.

Written By: karen on 07/05/16 at 2:01 pm

Elizabeth passed her driving test today!

Written By: Howard on 07/05/16 at 3:04 pm

We had an old portable B&W tv when I was a kid. We were poor in those days and that was our only tv. It looked something like this-complete with the rabbit ears.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/21/0a/63/210a636d2b976992909037dd9bb4c4eb.jpg

There wasn't anything called a remote control in those days.

I think the rabbit ears were the first to go and was replaced by a wire hanger. Then the buttons disappeared and we had to change the channel with a pair of pliers. The on & off button disappeared and we had to turn it on by plugging it in and of course unplugging it to turn it off. I remember after a while, it didn't want to turn on when plugging it in. I would look in the back (you can see inside it) and I would bang it until I could see the tubes start glowing so I knew it was going to start. Finally, my grandmother "donated" her tv to us and we were able to retire that old thing-FINALLY and we got our very first color tv.

Cat

I remember those TVs from way back when.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/16 at 3:05 pm

I remember using wire hangers for rabbit ears cause at one point we had the good old antennas go out

and remember the old knobs from when you had to get out your seat and change the channel. ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/05/16 at 3:06 pm

50 channels? When Music Choice was around 10 years ago, they only had about 20-30 channels. That's insane.

They added a lot more within the past couple of years.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/16 at 3:42 pm

Congrats to Elizabeth. My condolences to you.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

The guy is pretty much Every Parent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMl33cENeB4

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/16 at 3:46 pm

Heard any good jokes lately?  :(

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pF_GXCkvdB4/TaeqMZ67W_I/AAAAAAAABko/HKQWAt2tO18/s1600/woman-under-covers.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/1bb5ec3330376be096f0a1d3b7adc60b/tumblr_inline_mspxe0yc0m1qz4rgp.jpg

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/05/16 at 6:24 pm

When we first got it, back in 2001, I remember that there were 45 different channels on the lineup. Like I said, some have come and gone; others got renamed. Sometime within the past 5 years or so, it expanded to 50.

Here is the official lineup, on last update: http://corporate.musicchoice.com/files/5714/4796/2266/Channel_Card_2016.jpg

Written By: nally on 07/05/16 at 6:25 pm

Congratz to Elizabeth. O0

Written By: violet_shy on 07/05/16 at 6:51 pm

I LOVE Music Choice. I miss the days when we use to have it on our TV listing, but we don't have it anymore sadly.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/05/16 at 7:53 pm

Okay, something strange is afoot. It is not just the abnormal amount of wildlife in my back yard;
moles and rabbits leaving holes everywhere, ants marching along the back fence, turkeys strutting
along the railroad tracks and the occasional fox, owl and woodpecker. I am plagued with mysterious
dead patches of grass, my vegetable plants are suffering the same fate and something took every
stinking apple I had on my tree. At any given time of the day there are numerous flies around the
kitchen window and the living room window and for the past two weeks black birds have been bashing
into the windows, stupid birds, and now locust are circling above.

I do not live in a rural area, I am 5 minutes outside of Philadelphia. I live in a single home but on a street
where the homes are 30 feet apart. I can see Rte. 295, the NJ spur of I-95, from my bedroom window.
What the hell is going on? If I believed in the paranormal I would say it was demonic but I don't so,

What the hell is going on?

Written By: Starlighter on 07/05/16 at 8:57 pm

Okay, something strange is afoot. It is not just the abnormal amount of wildlife in my back yard;
moles and rabbits leaving holes everywhere, ants marching along the back fence, turkeys strutting
along the railroad tracks and the occasional fox, owl and woodpecker. I am plagued with mysterious
dead patches of grass, my vegetable plants are suffering the same fate and something took every
stinking apple I had on my tree. At any given time of the day there are numerous flies around the
kitchen window and the living room window and for the past two weeks black birds have been bashing

I do not live in a rural area, I am 5 minutes outside of Philadelphia. I live in a single home but on a street
where the homes are 30 feet apart. I can see Rte. 295, the NJ spur of I-95, from my bedroom window.
What the hell is going on? If I believed in the paranormal I would say it was demonic but I don't so,

That is strange.  My guess regarding the dead patches of grass and vegetables is that all the hole digging by the critters is damaging the roots. 

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/16 at 9:14 pm

Oy...

I mean YAY!!!

;) :D

Written By: meesa on 07/05/16 at 9:42 pm

Has it been very hot in your area? That could explain the insects and the animals too, if there is something near where they can get relief from the heat; it has been very hot here and the insects are flourishing! I have quite a bit of wildlife but I am more rural than you and live in a small town. We have seen deer (even in the heat?) a fat woodchuck, several possums,two snakes (I just about fainted both times) and a bunch of  squirrels, bunnies and birds (which I think are attracting the snakes).  The birds, now, that is something else again. Did you just clean your windows? They might be running into them accidentally?

Written By: 80sfan on 07/05/16 at 9:42 pm

http://66.media.tumblr.com/1bb5ec3330376be096f0a1d3b7adc60b/tumblr_inline_mspxe0yc0m1qz4rgp.jpg

Cat

It's the first time I got in trouble. Remember the time I sat on a nail, and couldn't walk for two days??  :o

Written By: karen on 07/06/16 at 11:20 am

hanks for the congrats and the sympathy!  Now trying to nerve myself to allow her to drive on her own for the first time

Written By: nally on 07/06/16 at 11:57 am

Has it been very hot in your area? That could explain the insects and the animals too, if there is something near where they can get relief from the heat; it has been very hot here and the insects are flourishing! I have quite a bit of wildlife but I am more rural than you and live in a small town. We have seen deer (even in the heat?) a fat woodchuck, several possums,two snakes (I just about fainted both times) and a bunch of  squirrels, bunnies and birds (which I think are attracting the snakes).  The birds, now, that is something else again. Did you just clean your windows? They might be running into them accidentally?

Yeah, I have heard reports on the news about critters coming into neighborhoods and people's properties and stuff, due to weather and other factors.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/06/16 at 12:54 pm

So today I went hunting for apartments. I was supposed to go yesterday with Lee, but we did't have the time. I went to a couple places today. They seemed like nice areas but I have yet to see what the apartments look like inside. I hope I get called soon, I really need to move out ASAP! Just so you all know I do not live with Lee. He wants us to live together when we get married or decide to live together since it's only been 8 months. Hopefully, one of the places will call me in and I can see the place inside. Please wish me luck or pray for for me on this everyone! This is so exciting, yet difficult, lol. But I know I can do it.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/16 at 3:18 pm

I LOVE Music Choice. I miss the days when we use to have it on our TV listing, but we don't have it anymore sadly.

Why not?

Written By: Howard on 07/06/16 at 3:19 pm

So today I went hunting for apartments. I was supposed to go yesterday with Lee, but we did't have the time. I went to a couple places today. They seemed like nice areas but I have yet to see what the apartments look like inside. I hope I get called soon, I really need to move out ASAP! Just so you all know I do not live with Lee. He wants us to live together when we get married or decide to live together since it's only been 8 months. Hopefully, one of the places will call me in and I can see the place inside. Please wish me luck or pray for for me on this everyone! This is so exciting, yet difficult, lol. But I know I can do it.

Are you looking for some luxury apartment?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/06/16 at 3:45 pm

Are you looking for some luxury apartment?

Nah, I'm just like everyone else. I want something cozy and affordable but still looks nice. Right now though I feel like I could settle for anything even a studio, lol.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/06/16 at 7:14 pm

We have been below average in temperatures the last few months, today is the first day of our third heat wave.
They have been doing road work on the highway, they are reworking the whole road system in my area and they
flattened a few wooded areas for the new section of highway, that may explain the critters. Opossums love to
make their home in my garage, I hate when I go in the garage and see the foot prints across the seat of my Harley.
I have two humane traps in the garage but I haven't caught anything in a while.

The windows are cleaned weekly but there are blinds in every window, how do the birds not see that?

That is strange.  My guess regarding the dead patches of grass and vegetables is that all the hole digging by the critters is damaging the roots. 

That is a possibility, I'll have to look for holes around the dead areas. Then maybe go all Caddyshack on them.

Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. A man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote....Carl Spackler

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/06/16 at 7:54 pm

I really love Newfoundland.  It's really beautiful out here.  :) I wish I could stay longer but I can't.  Next week we'll be going home.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/16 at 3:15 pm

Nah, I'm just like everyone else. I want something cozy and affordable but still looks nice. Right now though I feel like I could settle for anything even a studio, lol.

How about micro houses?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/07/16 at 4:40 pm

How about micro houses?

Hmm, never heard of those. I don't think we have them in Rhode Island.

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/16 at 6:34 pm

it's just another term for Tiny House... you ever see Tiny House Hunters?  I couldn't do it!

Written By: nally on 07/07/16 at 6:37 pm

I really love Newfoundland.  It's really beautiful out here.  :) I wish I could stay longer but I can't.  Next week we'll be going home.

Glad to hear this. :)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/07/16 at 7:45 pm

Glad to hear this. :)

My first time flying went off without a hitch.  I told the people at the check in point and the flight crew that I have anxiety and the people at the check in point said "don't worry.  We have an awesome flight crew." Then I got past the check in point and the flight crew asked me how I was and I said "I'm a little bit anxious." One of the flight attendants asked me if I hated flying and I said "no. I have anxiety" and they told me not to worry.

Written By: nally on 07/07/16 at 10:10 pm

My first time flying went off without a hitch.  I told the people at the check in point and the flight crew that I have anxiety and the people at the check in point said "don't worry.  We have an awesome flight crew." Then I got past the check in point and the flight crew asked me how I was and I said "I'm a little bit anxious." One of the flight attendants asked me if I hated flying and I said "no. I have anxiety" and they told me not to worry.

Excellent. O0

I remember my first time flying. It was May of 1992; I was 11 3/4 at the time, and we flew from Burbank Airport to San Jose. As we were planning this trip, my parents assured me that I would enjoy flying, and that there was nothing to be scared of. And indeed, I enjoyed the experience. For me, the best part was looking out the window and having a nice aerial view of the world below (kinda like a map in some ways).
Since then, I have flown on three subsequent occasions (most recently, last May to Seattle).

Written By: Howard on 07/08/16 at 8:02 am

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49871689/Screen_20Shot_202016-06-14_20at_202.52.26_20PM.0.0.0.png
This is what a micro apartment looks like, it's a small apartment to basically fit one person.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/08/16 at 9:17 pm

Excellent. O0

I remember my first time flying. It was May of 1992; I was 11 3/4 at the time, and we flew from Burbank Airport to San Jose. As we were planning this trip, my parents assured me that I would enjoy flying, and that there was nothing to be scared of. And indeed, I enjoyed the experience. For me, the best part was looking out the window and having a nice aerial view of the world below (kinda like a map in some ways).
Since then, I have flown on three subsequent occasions (most recently, last May to Seattle).

Well, Archie my stuffed schnauzer dog helped me out a lot with the anxiety.  One of the flight attendants noticed that I was holding my Archie on the table and she said "I have three schnauzers" and I said "I had one."
It was quite an icebreaker for that kind of thing. ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 07/09/16 at 5:04 pm

it's just another term for Tiny House... you ever see Tiny House Hunters?  I couldn't do it!

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49871689/Screen_20Shot_202016-06-14_20at_202.52.26_20PM.0.0.0.png
This is what a micro apartment looks like, it's a small apartment to basically fit one person.

Ok, that is TOO small. Much smaller than a studio apartment!

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 12:17 am

Ok, that is TOO small. Much smaller than a studio apartment!

Yeah, it does look kinda tight in there.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/10/16 at 12:18 am

I'm a big guy, I won't fit in this room.  8)

Written By: violet_shy on 07/10/16 at 2:59 pm

I'm a big guy, I won't fit in this room.  8)

Imagine if you all came to visit me! That would be awful, everyone standing in one place hahaha.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/16 at 3:03 pm

I believe it was meant for just 1 person, unfortunately.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/16 at 3:04 pm

Imagine if you all came to visit me! That would be awful, everyone standing in one place hahaha.

not much room to move in a tight place.

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 7:01 pm

I believe it was meant for just 1 person, unfortunately.

Of course; I knew that. Even so, some people might get claustrophobic or just not feel comfortable in one way or another. They can't entertain guests too well.

Hopefully when I get my own place someday, I won't have to settle for something like that.

Written By: nally on 07/10/16 at 7:04 pm

Anyways.... I have started with my birthday celebrations.  Originally I was gonna go out with my family for dinner tomorrow night, but I decided to do it today because we were already out, having gone to church earlier. So we went to my favorite Italian restaurant and had a nice meal. We even told our waiter that we were celebrating my birthday (which is tomorrow), so he gave me a bowl of spumoni ice cream, which I shared with my parents. :)

Tomorrow I will do more celebrating!!

Written By: violet_shy on 07/10/16 at 7:27 pm

Anyways.... I have started with my birthday celebrations.  Originally I was gonna go out with my family for dinner tomorrow night, but I decided to do it today because we were already out, having gone to church earlier. So we went to my favorite Italian restaurant and had a nice meal. We even told our waiter that we were celebrating my birthday (which is tomorrow), so he gave me a bowl of spumoni ice cream, which I shared with my parents. :)

That sounds awesome. I hope you like the gift I am sending you tomorrow.  :)

Written By: nally on 07/11/16 at 1:15 pm

That sounds awesome. I hope you like the gift I am sending you tomorrow.  :)

Thanks...I'm sure it's going to be very nice! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/16 at 2:15 pm

continuing to live the dream....well my dream anyway... last night I was at a 35th anniversary live musical performance reunion of the 3 original cast members of Dreamgirls and got to go to the after party.... hung out with Loretta Devine, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Jennifer Holiday and Mary Wilson of the Supremes was also there.  It was an amazing night. I didn't get home until 4 am and I had to leave for work at 630 so... you know I'm tired today but it was totally worth it! 

Written By: Howard on 07/11/16 at 3:18 pm

glad you had a good time. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/16 at 6:15 pm

glad you had a good time. :)

Thanks howard

Written By: nally on 07/12/16 at 6:09 pm

By the way, I had a really good birthday yesterday overall... but the day kinda ended on a dismal note.

I discussed the details in another thread: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=41570.msg3452735#msg3452735

Written By: Ripley on 07/12/16 at 8:26 pm

Holy crap Howard you gave me a minor panic attack lol just looking at that picture. I have claustrophobia real bad. So much that if a seat belt is really tight where I can barely move I freak out. Yet strangely I don't mind elevators.

Written By: Ripley on 07/12/16 at 8:28 pm

Of course; I knew that. Even so, some people might get claustrophobic or just not feel comfortable in one way or another. They can't entertain guests too well.

This⇧

Written By: Ripley on 07/12/16 at 8:32 pm

Sorry I missed your birthday Jeff! I have been wrapped up in something. I'll explain after this post in my next one. And ovcourse I've only been on fb some. Though I'm finding that getting online is one thing to take my mind off things for a few minutes. But I hope you had the best 36th birthday you could ask for! You're a great friend, I'm happy to know you!

Written By: Ripley on 07/12/16 at 9:00 pm

Tuesday evening something major happened. My fiance has spondylitis real bad. It's progressed to the point where its hard for him to walk and even get up. Though we've all pushed him to keep moving, even doctors, he just gave up. 😕 I understand why but I hated seeing him like that and have tried my best to make things better and more comfortable. So he rarely gets up. Well he got a bed sore that went from small and blister like, easy to aid to expanding and infected fast. Well so we rushed to er now were in the hospital. The bone there is infected as well and he needs a stint too. It's scary but with antibiotics most of it is healing. But surgery is a must. He has to get more protein and physical therapy now first. Protein for surgery strength and therapy to be able to get on and sit on a plane for us to go to the surgeon. None here can perform it so we had a couple of options. We'll transfer to Georgia hospital for it. We chose there that way his family can be there. So I'm moving soon. Possibly permanently. The good news is he is making progress. He's going to be moving like he was several months ago pretty soon! And ultimately not only will this all go okay but we will beat the spondylitis together.

Sorry for the long post but yeah it is scary. Its a rare thing for this to happen to anyone. And it sure is a big deal. Were living in the hospital. He needs me though and even if he didn't I won't leave his side. They're treating us both great. The nurses even ask if "I" need anything. Now that's impressive.  People might think I'm insane for staying here. But I do go home during the day for a bit to shower and see my mom and pets. So I'm doing what is right for all.

Everything is moving in a possitive direction. But I ask you all to keep us in your thoughts. If you make wishes or even prayers. I'm not the religious type, but I will take them.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/12/16 at 9:49 pm

;D I'm HHHHOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/16 at 9:50 am

By the way, I had a really good birthday yesterday overall... but the day kinda ended on a dismal note.

I discussed the details in another thread: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=41570.msg3452735#msg3452735
so sorry for your loss Jeff

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/13/16 at 10:33 am

Tuesday evening something major happened. My fiance has spondylitis real bad. It's progressed to the point where its hard for him to walk and even get up. Though we've all pushed him to keep moving, even doctors, he just gave up. 😕 I understand why but I hated seeing him like that and have tried my best to make things better and more comfortable. So he rarely gets up. Well he got a bed sore that went from small and blister like, easy to aid to expanding and infected fast. Well so we rushed to er now were in the hospital. The bone there is infected as well and he needs a stint too. It's scary but with antibiotics most of it is healing. But surgery is a must. He has to get more protein and physical therapy now first. Protein for surgery strength and therapy to be able to get on and sit on a plane for us to go to the surgeon. None here can perform it so we had a couple of options. We'll transfer to Georgia hospital for it. We chose there that way his family can be there. So I'm moving soon. Possibly permanently. The good news is he is making progress. He's going to be moving like he was several months ago pretty soon! And ultimately not only will this all go okay but we will beat the spondylitis together.

Sorry for the long post but yeah it is scary. Its a rare thing for this to happen to anyone. And it sure is a big deal. Were living in the hospital. He needs me though and even if he didn't I won't leave his side. They're treating us both great. The nurses even ask if "I" need anything. Now that's impressive.  People might think I'm insane for staying here. But I do go home during the day for a bit to shower and see my mom and pets. So I'm doing what is right for all.

Everything is moving in a possitive direction. But I ask you all to keep us in your thoughts. If you make wishes or even prayers. I'm not the religious type, but I will take them.

Hope everything turns out ok.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/13/16 at 3:26 pm

;D I'm HHHHOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!! ;D

How was your trip?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/13/16 at 4:07 pm

How was your trip?

It was great.  All of the walking that I did at the mall really paid off.

3 airports St John's 2X, Halifax, and Ottawa
4 train stations Cobourg 2X, Montreal, Halifax, and Fallowfield-Just outside of Ottawa
and walking to 3 taxis in Halifax 2X and Cobourg.

Written By: karen on 07/14/16 at 11:10 am

Staff leavers do last night and we said goodbye to two teachers in the science department where I work.  One is retiring and one is going to work in Hong Kong.

Then I was up around 2 a.m. to take Elizabeth to school to get a coach to the airport.  The music school are touring Prague for a few days and Elizabeth is part of the string ensemble.

School (that is work!) finished at lunchtime today.  I have to go in a few times between now and the start of next term.  Somehow we ran out of time this year and there is still some sorting/tidying to do

Written By: Howard on 07/14/16 at 4:18 pm

It was great.  All of the walking that I did at the mall really paid off.

3 airports St John's 2X, Halifax, and Ottawa
4 train stations Cobourg 2X, Montreal, Halifax, and Fallowfield-Just outside of Ottawa
and walking to 3 taxis in Halifax 2X and Cobourg.

and how was the temperature?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/14/16 at 4:41 pm

and how was the temperature?

In St John's it was cold and rainy but when we got back to Ottawa it was hot and humid.  After being out of the province for that long it was quite an adjustment temprature wise.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/16 at 4:53 pm

In St John's it was cold and rainy but when we got back to Ottawa it was hot and humid.  After being out of the province for that long it was quite an adjustment temprature wise.  :)

We are thinking of taking a trip to the Maritimes next summer in our camper van. We shall see if that works out.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/14/16 at 6:20 pm

Sorry I missed your birthday Jeff! I have been wrapped up in something. I'll explain after this post in my next one. And ovcourse I've only been on fb some. Though I'm finding that getting online is one thing to take my mind off things for a few minutes. But I hope you had the best 36th birthday you could ask for! You're a great friend, I'm happy to know you!

Thank you for the kind words... I'm happy to know you as well. :) 8) And I had a great time on my birthday during the day; everything went well... until we found out some sad news at the end of the day.

Written By: nally on 07/14/16 at 6:27 pm

So I was offline all day yesterday because I was out of the house from 6:40am to 7:40pm -- a span of 13 hours -- as I went with my dad and uncle out to Palm Desert, to my deceased grandfather's home, so that we could start cleaning stuff up in there and get the place ready to be put up for sale... but that's gonna take lots of time to do. We were out there altogether for about 6 hours, doing all kinds of stuff. And then it was a long journey back home, through traffic jams here and there. To make a long story short, the three of us were very busy yesterday.

Written By: Ripley on 07/14/16 at 9:38 pm

Hope everything turns out ok.

Cat

Thanks Cat *hugs*

Written By: nally on 07/15/16 at 2:15 pm

Thanks Cat *hugs*

I hope things turn out ok on your end as well.

Written By: Ripley on 07/15/16 at 3:34 pm

I hope things turn out ok on your end as well.

Thanks Jeff

Written By: Howard on 07/15/16 at 3:57 pm

My Father has to go for a sleep apnea test tonight and will return tomorrow, hope everything turns out well.

Written By: Ripley on 07/15/16 at 5:51 pm

My Father has to go for a sleep apnea test tonight and will return tomorrow, hope everything turns out well.

I hope so too. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts

Written By: snozberries on 07/15/16 at 6:23 pm

I had Dunkin donuts for the first time today. What a godawful load of crap. Anyone who likes dunkins has never actually eaten a good donut.  We have two local donut shops in SB that are a million times better than DD!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/15/16 at 7:33 pm

I had Dunkin donuts for the first time today. What a godawful load of crap. Anyone who likes dunkins has never actually eaten a good donut.  We have two local donut shops in SB that are a million times better than DD!

How come you never visited Dunkin' Donuts before? Did you not like their food or something? ???

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/15/16 at 10:01 pm

My Uncle and Aunt-in-law are rewning their vows tomorrow!!! :o :)
So I'll be inactive for the evening, possibly morning.

Written By: Ripley on 07/15/16 at 10:50 pm

I don't care for them either. They have these ones that have pink really sweet frosting. And there were pieces of candy, what I thought were bottle caps. But they tasted horrible and I couldn't figure out if it was food or plastic. The actual donut was blah. Crispy Kream, I don't even think I spelled that right haha, but they were always to sweet for me. Our local grocery store has some good ones but they usually have a small selection and they're not fresh for very long. The local mom 'n pop ones are the best!

Written By: Ripley on 07/15/16 at 10:52 pm

Awe how cool! How many years? I hope it was a nice wedding. ☺

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/15/16 at 11:06 pm

Awe how cool! How many years? I hope it was a nice wedding. ☺

5 years. It's his second marriage.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/16/16 at 7:44 am

Hard times are upon me, but I know I need to strong and brave. I'm thankful for this online place with such great members. I know I can always come back here if needed. Hard times for  me though, very hard.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/16 at 8:00 am

I hope so too. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts

He just came back from his sleep apnea test, everything is well, It was just an overnight.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/16 at 8:01 am

Which doughnut did you have? ???

Written By: Howard on 07/16/16 at 8:02 am

congratulations. :)

Written By: Howard on 07/16/16 at 8:03 am

I don't care for them either. They have these ones that have pink really sweet frosting. And there were pieces of candy, what I thought were bottle caps. But they tasted horrible and I couldn't figure out if it was food or plastic. The actual donut was blah. Crispy Kream, I don't even think I spelled that right haha, but they were always to sweet for me. Our local grocery store has some good ones but they usually have a small selection and they're not fresh for very long. The local mom 'n pop ones are the best!

I like their coffees.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/16 at 8:04 am

Hard times are upon me, but I know I need to strong and brave. I'm thankful for this online place with such great members. I know I can always come back here if needed. Hard times for  me though, very hard.

I wish you good thoughts Jess. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 07/16/16 at 2:55 pm

I wish you good thoughts Jess. :)

I'm so thankful, Howard. I will need those good thoughts since I am going through a lot.

Did better today thankfully. But I know it will take a long time to heal.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/16/16 at 3:40 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/16/16 at 5:30 pm

Wishing for the best.

Edit:

He just came back from his sleep apnea test, everything is well, It was just an overnight.

Good to know. O0

Written By: nally on 07/16/16 at 5:35 pm

I feel similarly. This has been a rough week for me/my family, having just lost a family member. And even though I've felt kinda dismal about it, I also need to be strong and brave. (In fact, my parents and I are gonna go back out to the desert tomorrow afternoon and do some more work, so I'll be offline all day tomorrow.)

Sending good thoughts your way as well. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 9:58 am

How come you never visited Dunkin' Donuts before? Did you not like their food or something? ???

I live in California. They weren't here for the  longest time. The first one just opened in my town last month... a few opened in the Los Angeles Area last year but I never went to one whenever I was down in LA.

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 9:59 am

congrats to them.... how long have they been married?

5 years. It's his second marriage.

never mind I got the answer  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 10:01 am

yeah the donut I had was supposedly fresh but it tasted about as fresh as the donuts you get from the Entemann's box at the grocery store.  Everyone on FB is like 'well I like their coffee'....  that's fantastic for you friends, but I don't drink coffee so thanks for nothing!  :D

I agree...local mom & pops FTW

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 10:05 am

Which doughnut did you have? ???

I bought three.... I only had a bite of each one and threw the rest away....

Toasted Coconut... it was really dry and tasteless
Glazed.... it was soft but didn't taste fresh and the glaze tasted funny
Granulated sugar.... it too was soft but didn't taste fresh and also the sugar tasted funny 

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 10:05 am

yeah the donut I had was supposedly fresh but it tasted about as fresh as the donuts you get from the Entemann's box at the grocery store.  Everyone on FB is like 'well I like their coffee'....  that's fantastic for you friends, but I don't drink coffee so thanks for nothing!  :D

I like their coffees.

SEE  :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 10:06 am

I'm so thankful, Howard. I will need those good thoughts since I am going through a lot.

Did better today thankfully. But I know it will take a long time to heal.

take care of yourself

Written By: meesa on 07/17/16 at 10:18 am

Gotta agree with you here. The ones that I have had were not great. The only chain donut place I like is Krispy Kreme and those are excellent! But I can't get those locally, closest is hours away. There is a mom and pop donut shop here owned by the nicest little family you could ever meet. They make the BEST donuts that I have ever had.  :) I don't know what their secret is, but whatever it is it works.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 10:54 am

I live in California. They weren't here for the  longest time. The first one just opened in my town last month... a few opened in the Los Angeles Area last year but I never went to one whenever I was down in LA.

Oh. I live in New York, so I just suspect anyone there has tried eating at Dunkin' Donuts. Pretty much anybody I know in real life loves DD. It's possible that it's an East Coast thing, but I'm not 100% sure on that. There may be people down in LA who likes going to Dunkin' Donuts, while there could be people down in NY who doesn't like going there.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/17/16 at 11:08 am

take care of yourself

Thank you I will. I'm doing a good deal better today. I guess it helps when I come to inthe00s, keeps me entertained.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/17/16 at 11:47 am

We go to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast frequently-for their breakfast sandwiches. Carlos likes them better than McDonald's Egg McMuffins. Me, I don't care for fast food no matter where it comes from-so I TRY to talk him into stopping at a diner for breakfast. Sometimes I do succeed.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 11:58 am

We go to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast frequently-for their breakfast sandwiches. Carlos likes them better than McDonald's Egg McMuffins. Me, I don't care for fast food no matter where it comes from-so I TRY to talk him into stopping at a diner for breakfast. Sometimes I do succeed.

Cat

I actually like Dunkin' Donuts breakfast sandwiches more than McDonald's. They seem more like a breakfast/lunch chain, while McDonald's was more like a lunch/dinner chain, despite serving breakfast food.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/17/16 at 12:46 pm

So I started this thread asking for assistance:  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=53984.0

Only 3 people have responded.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/17/16 at 3:55 pm

so in another words, it tasted stale.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/16 at 3:55 pm

Granulated sugar.... it too was soft but didn't taste fresh and also the sugar tasted funny

You should've had The Boston Cream.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 4:05 pm

I don't think it would matter. She lives in the West Coast, so it's not like they favor the Boston Cream in Dunkin' Donuts.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/17/16 at 7:11 pm

I agree the ones with the cream inside are best. The best tasting ones are the Boston Cream, the Oreo, and the powdered cream. I also think the glazed bow ties are really good! If you go in the morning there is a better chance the donuts are freshly baked and they don't taste stale. Also, you might want to try another Dunkin Donut location. Maybe they taste better at a different place.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 7:19 pm

I agree the ones with the cream inside are best. The best tasting ones are the Boston Cream, the Oreo, and the powdered cream. I also think the glazed bow ties are really good! If you go in the morning there is a better chance the donuts are freshly baked and they don't taste stale. Also, you might want to try another Dunkin Donut location. Maybe they taste better at a different place.

I suppose snozberries could maybe stop at DD in the morning.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/17/16 at 7:26 pm

Well, if she can it would definitely make her Dunkin Donut experience better I think. Because the donuts in the afternoon aren't as fresh and then you have to wait until they make more. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 7:28 pm

Well, if she can it would definitely make her Dunkin Donut experience better I think. Because the donuts in the afternoon aren't as fresh and then you have to wait until they make more. :)

I always thought their donuts were alright in the afternoons. Besides, it's not like her town really knows a lot about Dunkin' Donuts. So, it wouldn't be the same if you've been to somewhere like New York, where they always have good food.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/17/16 at 7:40 pm

I was thinking everyone is from Providence like me, where we have a Dunkin Donuts at every stop there is . Lol. How ignorant of me!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 8:07 pm

I was thinking everyone is from Providence like me, where we have a Dunkin Donuts at every stop there is . Lol. How ignorant of me!

Well, I'm obviously from New York. While mqg96 is from Georgia, Eric (Eazy-EMan1995) is from Missouri, and most people here are from the West Coast.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/17/16 at 8:37 pm

Well, I'm obviously from New York. While mqg96 is from Georgia, Eric (Eazy-EMan1995) is from Missouri, and most people here are from the West Coast.

I'm from the Midwest.

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 8:44 pm

so in another words, it tasted stale.

one felt stale the others were not but they didn't taste fresh either they were just blah.
the glaze and granulated sugar tasted awful.

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 8:45 pm

I don't think it would matter. She lives in the West Coast, so it's not like they favor the Boston Cream in Dunkin' Donuts.

I agree the ones with the cream inside are best. The best tasting ones are the Boston Cream, the Oreo, and the powdered cream. I also think the glazed bow ties are really good!

I'm not a fan of donuts filled with stuff.... so I would never eat those.  and I can't eat chocolate

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/17/16 at 8:48 pm

I'm from the Midwest.

Alright another midwesterner! :D  Even though here in Missouri we have a VERY southern mentality... ;D 
Katana Queen is from the midwest too! :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/17/16 at 8:49 pm

Well, I'm obviously from New York. While mqg96 is from Georgia.

Yea. and Bchris02 is also from Georgia I think...

Written By: 80sfan on 07/17/16 at 8:50 pm

Alright another midwesterner! :D  Even though here in Missouri we have a VERY southern mentality... ;D 
Katana Queen is from the midwest too! :)

Nebraska, to be clear.

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 8:50 pm

If you go in the morning there is a better chance the donuts are freshly baked and they don't taste stale. Also, you might want to try another Dunkin Donut location. Maybe they taste better at a different place.

I did go in the morning.... 

I always thought their donuts were alright in the afternoons. Besides, it's not like her town really knows a lot about Dunkin' Donuts. So, it wouldn't be the same if you've been to somewhere like New York, where they always have good food.

I honestly just think there are much better donuts out there... perhaps if you had experienced really, really good donuts you would understand what I mean about DD.

I kind of think of DD as the McDonald's of donuts.... you may crave mcd's but you would never consider McD's to be a good hamburger. It may be good food but when you want a really good Hamburger McD's is not where you are going.    That's the impression I got from DD. I will never ever ever eat at one again because I really thought it was disgusting.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 9:04 pm

I'm not a fan of donuts filled with stuff.... so I would never eat those.  and I can't eat chocolate

Oh. That sucks. If I can't eat chocolate, then I wouldn't really go to a doughnut shop.

I honestly just think there are much better donuts out there... perhaps if you had experienced really, really good donuts you would understand what I mean about DD.

Well, I've eaten Tim Horton's and Krispy Kreme donuts before, and I could just say that their donuts taste the same as DD. Which is why I'm not a big fan towards donuts, unless they were glazed.

I kind of think of DD as the McDonald's of donuts.... you may crave mcd's but you would never consider McD's to be a good hamburger. It may be good food but when you want a really good Hamburger McD's is not where you are going.    That's the impression I got from DD. I will never ever ever eat at one again because I really thought it was disgusting.

Yeah... I like of what you're saying here. McDonald's just feels generic whenever you're eating burgers. But I just feel the same whenever I'm eating chicken at KFC, because I think their chicken is just as weird as McD's. Hell, I even think that a local BBQ place where I live in New York has WAY better chicken than KFC, imo.

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/16 at 9:25 pm

Oh. That sucks. If I can't eat chocolate, then I wouldn't really go to a doughnut shop.

Well, I've eaten Tim Horton's and Krispy Kreme donuts before, and I could just say that their donuts taste the same as DD. Which is why I'm not a big fan towards donuts, unless they were glazed.

Yeah... I like of what you're saying here. McDonald's just feels generic whenever you're eating burgers. But I just feel the same whenever I'm eating chicken at KFC, because I think their chicken is just as weird as McD's. Hell, I even think that a local BBQ place where I live in New York has WAY better chicken than KFC, imo.

I've never had Tim Horton's.... Krispy Kreme is also a subpar donut.  Come to cali and eat our delicious and fresh donuts! LOL  :D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 9:35 pm

I've never had Tim Horton's.... Krispy Kreme is also a subpar donut.  Come to cali and eat our delicious and fresh donuts! LOL  :D

I don't know about that. California doesn't really have the same good food that New York has. But I wish I could come to Cali for an In-N-Out burger. I heard they taste really good up there.

Written By: Ripley on 07/17/16 at 11:15 pm

Surgery isn't dated but it is a must for my fiance. Its healing okay but I would have to get pretty graphic to explain what it looks like and why the surgery. But he's supposed to get his protein intake better gain a bit more weight first before hand. Understanding and he's trying his best. But the problem is, he doesn't have his insurance yet, so the hospital is trying to screw us over. We actually have ssi interview tomorrow for the free insurance and more. So wish us luck with that. But were attempting to get transferred to a Georgia hospital. They taking their time with things and trying to pull some "out patient treatment" crap. Meaning we just get antibiotic script. His wound still has bacteria and his temp and blood pressure are off. Bad idea! He still needs to be in the hospital. Anyone else had hospital stay/procedure troubles due to no insurance or possibly even with insurance. They haven't said its cause of no insurance but its pretty damn obvious. Aside from this there are worries with my mom's job hunt and I'm on leave so I don't have much money coming. Well I didn't but now its going to be next to nil. Too many worries! His parents can get us to Georgia but either there, where surgery would be, or here he still needs monitored cause of his open wound and other stuff.

Written By: Ripley on 07/17/16 at 11:15 pm

And that's what my fb post was about Jessica 😔

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/16 at 12:51 am

I don't know about that. California doesn't really have the same good food that New York has. But I wish I could come to Cali for an In-N-Out burger. I heard they taste really good up there.

I also think in & out sucks.
And I've had White Castle I find that even worse tasting than in & out.

But we actually have really good food in California. Lots of great restaurants particularly in LA Santa Barbara San Diego and San Francisco.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/18/16 at 6:15 am

But we actually have really good food in California. Lots of great restaurants particularly in LA Santa Barbara San Diego and San Francisco.

I... shouldn't really ask you about your opinions on fast food anymore. I know that they're just generic burgers or whatever the hell they make, but I would rather stick to what I like best. Not trying to offend you or anything, but it's just like that.

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/16 at 10:38 am

I... shouldn't really ask you about your opinions on fast food anymore. I know that they're just generic burgers or whatever the hell they make, but I would rather stick to what I like best. Not trying to offend you or anything, but it's just like that.

No I actually like fast food

I enjoy Burger King, Carl's and even Jack in the Box.  I actually love McD's hamburgers I just don't think of them as hamburgers I think of them as McD's burgers... lol

I don't Wendy's burgers that much but I will eat them but I love Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Sandwich.

I prefer Popeyes to KFC but  I prefer KFC to Churchs

I eat tacos at Taco bell and Burritos too but I don't like a lot of crap on my tacos or burritos so I get the tacos with just meat and I eat the burritos with just beans

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/16 at 11:55 am

Surgery isn't dated but it is a must for my fiance. Its healing okay but I would have to get pretty graphic to explain what it looks like and why the surgery. But he's supposed to get his protein intake better gain a bit more weight first before hand. Understanding and he's trying his best. But the problem is, he doesn't have his insurance yet, so the hospital is trying to screw us over. We actually have ssi interview tomorrow for the free insurance and more. So wish us luck with that. But were attempting to get transferred to a Georgia hospital. They taking their time with things and trying to pull some "out patient treatment" crap. Meaning we just get antibiotic script. His wound still has bacteria and his temp and blood pressure are off. Bad idea! He still needs to be in the hospital. Anyone else had hospital stay/procedure troubles due to no insurance or possibly even with insurance. They haven't said its cause of no insurance but its pretty damn obvious. Aside from this there are worries with my mom's job hunt and I'm on leave so I don't have much money coming. Well I didn't but now its going to be next to nil. Too many worries! His parents can get us to Georgia but either there, where surgery would be, or here he still needs monitored cause of his open wound and other stuff.

This really p!sses me off. Here we are supposed to be the richest country in the world and we can't provide health insurance to EVERYONE like they do in every other country in the western world.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sorry, about the rant.

I feel bad that you have to go through this. Hopefully, it will work out.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 07/18/16 at 12:47 pm

I had a wonderful day today. Spent the day with Lee, had some breakfast and a movie. Looking forward to the rest of the week to see what it might bring for me...good things I hope.

Written By: nally on 07/18/16 at 2:36 pm

I, of course, am a West-Coaster, and I know that there are several different doughnut places around. I do remember the abundance of Krispy Kreme locations in the early 2000s; I think they were really popular around that time.

Written By: nally on 07/18/16 at 2:38 pm

They do. I've been to In-N-Out many times; sometimes even for the shakes.

In fact, yesterday I was out all day; we drove all the way out to Palm Desert again to get some more important stuff from my grandparents' home... and on the way back we wanted to stop somewhere to get out of the car so we could stretch and get a little snack, cuz it's a LONG way out there and back. So we stopped at an In-N-Out off I-210 and got some milkshakes. They make good milkshakes at In-N-Out.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/18/16 at 2:48 pm

And that's what my fb post was about Jessica 😔

I understand now. I really hope everything works out :-\\

Written By: Ripley on 07/18/16 at 3:22 pm

This really p!sses me off. Here we are supposed to be the richest country in the world and we can't provide health insurance to EVERYONE like they do in every other country in the western world.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sorry, about the rant.

I feel bad that you have to go through this. Hopefully, it will work out.

Cat

I know its ridiculous and he should have been able to get disability long before now. But after years of trying he finally has a hearing. But it will have to be over the phone. So I hope it goes well.

He also needs to really work hard on physical therapy to be able to sit on a plane for 3 hours to get to Georgia. Cause you can't lay on a plane. Its hurting but doctors have said the more one moves the better. And the longer you lay the worse bones get.

Written By: Ripley on 07/18/16 at 3:23 pm

I understand now. I really hope everything works out :-\\

Thanks I'm trying to remain positive.

Written By: nally on 07/18/16 at 3:34 pm

Glad to hear this. O0

Written By: Howard on 07/18/16 at 3:55 pm

You ever tried the holiday donuts? ???

Written By: Howard on 07/18/16 at 3:56 pm

I think they're more fresher in the morning, afternoon they're stale.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/16 at 3:57 pm

I'm also from New York.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/16 at 3:59 pm

What was wrong with White Castle? ???

Written By: Howard on 07/18/16 at 4:00 pm

good to know. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/16 at 5:02 pm

What was wrong with White Castle? ???

It was greasy and disgusting....  Obviously mine didn't look exactly like that because I don't eat cheese but it's close enough.  I was really disappointed everyone always made them sound good.

http://i0.wp.com/farm4.staticflickr.com/3955/15731526066_1cc4e562c8_z.jpg?resize=640%2C358&ssl=1

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/18/16 at 5:04 pm

It was greasy and disgusting....  Obviously mine didn't look exactly like that because I don't eat cheese but it's close enough.  I was really disappointed everyone always made them sound good.

http://i0.wp.com/farm4.staticflickr.com/3955/15731526066_1cc4e562c8_z.jpg?resize=640%2C358&ssl=1

Well, their burgers aren't always good. Which is why I like Checkers' burgers the best, although I wish I had Sonic's burgers because they just opened one where I live.

Written By: Ripley on 07/18/16 at 5:42 pm

Sonic's is great!

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/16 at 10:08 pm

Sonics makes great banana splits!!!

Written By: Ripley on 07/18/16 at 10:48 pm

Sonics makes great banana splits!!!

Oh yeah!

Written By: Howard on 07/19/16 at 3:28 pm

It's a hamburger, I don't care how it looks, It's going in my mouth anyways.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/19/16 at 3:48 pm

It's a hamburger, I don't care how it looks, It's going in my mouth anyways.

So, you're okay with eating a hamburger, even if it looks frozen, overcooked, or anything like that?

Written By: Howard on 07/19/16 at 3:48 pm

So, you're okay with eating a hamburger, even if it looks frozen, overcooked, or anything like that?

It has to be cooked, that's for sure.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/19/16 at 3:49 pm

It has to be cooked, that's for sure.

Well, what if they put in some unsanitary ingredients that aren't inspected by the FDA?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/19/16 at 6:04 pm

Today was wonderful. Spent time with my aunt and niece Sophia. She is 4 years old, but such a handful! Today I gave her a lot of treats: sugar-free ice cream, Strawberry gelatin, which is also sugar free. And lastly, peaches which aren't peaches anymore because she calls them peenches, lol! We played a little with her ponies apple-jack, rainbow dash, and diamond....she asked me to and I could NEVER say no. I love my niece. In other, this month is going by too fast...but I'm glad it is. Waiting patiently for October<3<3

Written By: nally on 07/19/16 at 6:26 pm

Today was wonderful. Spent time with my aunt and niece Sophia. She is 4 years old, but such a handful! Today I gave her a lot of treats: sugar-free ice cream, Strawberry gelatin, which is also sugar free. And lastly, peaches which aren't peaches anymore because she calls them peenches, lol! We played a little with her ponies apple-jack, rainbow dash, and diamond....she asked me to and I could NEVER say no. I love my niece. In other, this month is going by too fast...but I'm glad it is. Waiting patiently for October<3<3

sounds like you had a good time! :)

Written By: violet_shy on 07/19/16 at 6:40 pm

sounds like you had a good time! :)

I sure did. It's always nice spending time with family. I'm glad I did. :)

Written By: Howard on 07/20/16 at 3:28 pm

Well, what if they put in some unsanitary ingredients that aren't inspected by the FDA?

always take it back if you have to.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/16 at 3:29 pm

What's in October?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/20/16 at 4:30 pm

What's in October?

It will be Lee, and my one year anniversary.  :)

Written By: Ripley on 07/21/16 at 11:11 am

We still don't know what's going to happen or where were going to go. I'm tired of all this hospital stuff and wish it would just be done. Why did all this happen? Cause I have so much bad luck. Something really bad just happened too. My sister's cat just got killed by 2 dogs. He was 11. We had got him when he was a baby. He was a healthy senior. These dogs have done this to other cats. My brother in law and his dad couldn't stop them. And they weren't even a breed that's normally aggressive, some form of Husky. It pisses me off when people let their dogs run lose but fortunately they called animal control and were able to catch them within a few hours. My brother in law can be an ass. One of the animals peed in the house. So he took it out on all 5 if them. The dogs have to be in the basement in a small area when inside. And during the day, when someone is home, they're usually in the backyard. Worse he made both the cats go outside and they wanted nothing to do with it. The one cat usually stays in the back yard but that doesn't mean she's safe. I don't want her to get the same fate as my little nephew. :'( I hope my brother in law will have a heart and let her in. Also, when my mom called she was bawling. She said that if she has to live with them she told him, "my cat is not going outside" and if my cat is there with my mom or if both of us have to move in there I will not let him be outside. She's just having trouble finding a job and doesn't know what's going to happen. This is all just too much for me. And a sh***y start to my day.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/16 at 3:08 pm

It will be Lee, and my one year anniversary.  :)

Happy Anniversary. :)

Written By: Ripley on 07/21/16 at 5:01 pm

Were about to transfer to the other campus of this hospital. Its just 7-10 minutes away.  They have a plastic surgeon that might be able to take care of it. So that way we don't have to wait til we can get to the hospital several miles away. If they can't do it there its going to be hell. We have the options of another hospital on most northern part of the state when we're the most southern part, so about 3-4 hrs. The problem there is no family. So no one if we need something. Then the other is have his parents fly us to Georgia and try and get things going. No insurance at all there, nothing even started. Where as in my state we've got it in process. Well a possible disability hearing. So they will be quicker about things if we go the first option. I know that should be an obvious decision. But its more complicated then you guys would think. So it would be much easier to just get it done here without transferring to another city. He will get his disability and ssi cause were working with some people on it. If it gets done in my state, which ever city, I'm going to re-think the moving thing.

Written By: nally on 07/21/16 at 6:54 pm

Today my dad and uncle went out to Palm Desert again, but I did not go with them, because today is my work day. I heard from them via cell phone and they said it was very hot out there, at 115. They had planned on being out there til about 5, but left an hour and a half before then (Pacific time), due to the intense heat. This whole process with clearing out my late grandparents' house and selling it, is definitely going to take quite some time.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/16 at 7:51 am

Today my dad and uncle went out to Palm Desert again, but I did not go with them, because today is my work day. I heard from them via cell phone and they said it was very hot out there, at 115. They had planned on being out there til about 5, but left an hour and a half before then (Pacific time), due to the intense heat. This whole process with clearing out my late grandparents' house and selling it, is definitely going to take quite some time.

Tomorrow New York will be in blistering heat at about 97 degrees.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/22/16 at 7:51 pm

Needed the time off the boards because it was distracting me from something I needed to do. Didn't need to catch up on much got things done thankfully! Thanks everyone who wished me well.

Written By: nally on 07/22/16 at 10:33 pm

Tomorrow New York will be in blistering heat at about 97 degrees.

Stay cool, as much as you can.

Written By: nally on 07/22/16 at 10:34 pm

Needed the time off the boards because it was distracting me from something I needed to do. Didn't need to catch up on much got things done thankfully! Thanks everyone who wished me well.

Glad you got things done. O0

Written By: Howard on 07/23/16 at 8:06 am

glad to see you back. :)

Written By: Howard on 07/23/16 at 8:07 am

Stay cool, as much as you can.

I was off yesterday and off today so I will try to stay away from the heat as much as I can.

Written By: nally on 07/23/16 at 5:29 pm

I was off yesterday and off today so I will try to stay away from the heat as much as I can.

Good for you. I chose not to go to the library today to volunteer, primarily because I didn't want to be out in the heat.... but also because we have out-of-town guests coming over later on (my mom's cousin and his wife), and we needed to clean up the house to make it ready for them.

Written By: Ripley on 07/23/16 at 10:41 pm

I was out for a bit and it was only 82 but oh my gosh it was too hot. Anything over70 I usually don't like. I'm a late 50's/60's weather girl lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/16 at 11:39 pm

Things are progressing well, but more has to be done.

I am fine myself, but some days can be emotional.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Philip

Written By: 80sfan on 07/23/16 at 11:47 pm

Good luck, Philip.

Written By: Ripley on 07/24/16 at 1:45 pm

Philip

You're definitely in my thoughts *hugs*

Written By: Howard on 07/24/16 at 3:21 pm

I was out for a bit and it was only 82 but oh my gosh it was too hot. Anything over70 I usually don't like. I'm a late 50's/60's weather girl lol

Yesterday it was 96 degrees and it was hot but I'm more of a comfortable upper 70's, low 80's person.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/16 at 3:21 pm

Philip

Glad things are going well Phil. :)

Written By: Ripley on 07/24/16 at 5:06 pm

Here is a break down of everything that's going on.

My fiance is going to be having a surgery tomorrow or the day after. They will be cleaning out dead tissue. Then a wound vac will be put on. After that we will likely stay a few more days so they can make sure everything's okay. Then we haven't decided. But I really think its best we wait a few weeks before traveling to Georgia. Cause him flying right after surgery is insane. I can't force him to stay here if he wants to go ahead and head to his family. But there is a good chance he will not end up needing what is called a flap after all. If it comes to that it will most likely happen in Georgia but we have to wait and see. But my strong guess is that they won't want him to stay here for several more days to see if it needs done but it will just be coming back in to have it checked. So I'm really scared. I've had family, even my mom have surgery. But I was a kid. Now that its my other half its new to me. I've never really been through the whole sit and wait during surgery thing. I will be so anxious. My mom will sit with me at least.

My mom is still seeking work. She's had several interviews lately. So things are looking up there.

Now today I found out through my friend at work that a lady we worked with has passed away. She has pneumonia. I thought she was getting better. :'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/16 at 5:22 pm

My fiance is going to be having a surgery tomorrow or the day after. They will be cleaning out dead tissue. Then a wound vac will be put on. After that we will likely stay a few more days so they can make sure everything's okay. Then we haven't decided. But I really think its best we wait a few weeks before traveling to Georgia. Cause him flying right after surgery is insane. I can't force him to stay here if he wants to go ahead and head to his family. But there is a good chance he will not end up needing what is called a flap after all. If it comes to that it will most likely happen in Georgia but we have to wait and see. But my strong guess is that they won't want him to stay here for several more days to see if it needs done but it will just be coming back in to have it checked. So I'm really scared. I've had family, even my mom have surgery. But I was a kid. Now that its my other half its new to me. I've never really been through the whole sit and wait during surgery thing. I will be so anxious. My mom will sit with me at least.

My mom is still seeking work. She's had several interviews lately. So things are looking up there.

Now today I found out through my friend at work that a lady we worked with has passed away. She has pneumonia. I thought she was getting better. :'(

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Waiting is terrible. Carlos had back surgery several years ago and I was a basket case. I didn't have anyone at the hospital with me while I was waiting. I TRIED to read. I must have read the same page at least 20 times and still didn't comprehend what I read. Who really helped me out what board member Mama K (who no longer comes around here). I talked to her on the phone for almost the entire time he was in surgery.

Carlos also had to have emergency surgery a few years ago. It wasn't as hard for me because I was up with him all night in the emergency room so I was pretty tired. Also his kids were around so I went to their place and crashed before heading back to the hospital.

My thoughts are with you.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 07/24/16 at 9:41 pm

Thanks Cats *hugs*

Written By: violet_shy on 07/25/16 at 1:34 pm

So much happening at once, I know what that's like. I really hope that everything goes well with your fiance and your friend. I had pneumonia two years ago and they gave me a vaccine that lasts five years. If your friend asks for it they might give it to her. Hugs.

Written By: Ripley on 07/25/16 at 9:28 pm

So much happening at once, I know what that's like. I really hope that everything goes well with your fiance and your friend. I had pneumonia two years ago and they gave me a vaccine that lasts five years. If your friend asks for it they might give it to her. Hugs.

Oh no my friend doesn't have it. She just told me about a lady at work that had had it and she lost her fight. My friend is very sad though. As am I.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/16 at 4:08 am

Good luck, Philip.

You're definitely in my thoughts *hugs*

Glad things are going well Phil. :)
Thank you very much, and things are looking better now.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/26/16 at 11:14 am

Oh no my friend doesn't have it. She just told me about a lady at work that had had it and she lost her fight. My friend is very sad though. As am I.

That's awful. I'm so sorry.

So Just got back from taking my nephews to the park. Spending the afternoon with them for a change! It's beautiful out so I want to enjoy it as much as I can. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/26/16 at 12:07 pm

??? Hold up a second, what did you just say? ;D ::) California definitely has some good food here. It honestly depends on your taste though.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/26/16 at 12:11 pm

Since this month is almost over, I'll pitch in. For this July, I had a summer class. I hung out with Infinity and it was great. I celebrated both my parents birthdays. I attended a military service event and I went to the beach and had fun.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/26/16 at 3:39 pm

Babysat my nephews today. Gave them Popsicles, they played video games, took them to the park...it was nice. Too hot today though! Spending the evening with mom for supper.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/16 at 3:39 pm

That's awful. I'm so sorry.

So Just got back from taking my nephews to the park. Spending the afternoon with them for a change! It's beautiful out so I want to enjoy it as much as I can. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday!

How are you dealing with this heatwave?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/26/16 at 3:44 pm

I take in a lot of frozen drinks, water, sodas, slushies, ANYTHING. Also I keep the AC on. It is way too hot to be outside!

Written By: Ripley on 07/26/16 at 4:01 pm

He just had the first surgery and it went great. He now has this thing called a wound vac. Its for keeping it clean while the skin heals up. Due to his bone disease he has lost a good, bad rather amount of weight.  So he doesn't have a great amount of fat. Therefore, if he had to have the other surgery it would be a while before he would have enough to do a flap which is a skin graph. I don't know if I mentioned it before but its a skin ulcer from a bed sore cause its been hard for him to get up. But were working with physical therapy so he can get to moving and we can actual have a life. Going places and doing fun things. You guys know what I mean. I have dreams to go to Disney World and to take s European vacation. Not by myself but with him. Though I want my mom, sister and nice to come too.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/16 at 4:01 pm

I take in a lot of frozen drinks, water, sodas, slushies, ANYTHING. Also I keep the AC on. It is way too hot to be outside!

I try to stay as hydrated as possible.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/26/16 at 4:16 pm

He just had the first surgery and it went great. He now has this thing called a wound vac. Its for keeping it clean while the skin heals up. Due to his bone disease he has lost a good, bad rather amount of weight.  So he doesn't have a great amount of fat. Therefore, if he had to have the other surgery it would be a while before he would have enough to do a flap which is a skin graph. I don't know if I mentioned it before but its a skin ulcer from a bed sore cause its been hard for him to get up. But were working with physical therapy so he can get to moving and we can actual have a life. Going places and doing fun things. You guys know what I mean. I have dreams to go to Disney World and to take s European vacation. Not by myself but with him. Though I want my mom, sister and nice to come too.

Glad to hear it went well! My advice is to stay positive...all the time. It never fails.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/16 at 6:07 pm

I am soooo sleepyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://lifenblacknwhite.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/asleepatthekeyboard.jpg

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/26/16 at 6:22 pm

Glad to hear it went well.

Glad to hear it went well! My advice is to stay positive...all the time. It never fails.

Ditto this.

Written By: nally on 07/26/16 at 6:24 pm

I try to stay as hydrated as possible.

As do I. Even where I live, in California, it gets hot, but I am close to the coastline (by a few miles); however, we do get our share of heat.

Written By: Ripley on 07/26/16 at 8:45 pm

Thanks guys! I've been trying to stay positive ☺

Written By: 80sfan on 07/26/16 at 10:59 pm

Cat

Don't bang your head against the table, it's bad for your brain!  :P

Written By: Ripley on 07/26/16 at 11:28 pm

<(") Well it doesn't work on here but on Facebook that symbol I put turns into a penguin!

Written By: nally on 07/27/16 at 12:38 am

<(") Well it doesn't work on here but on Facebook that symbol I put turns into a penguin!

I just tried it... how cute!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/16 at 9:32 am

It worked for me, thanks for the tip.

Written By: nally on 07/27/16 at 10:44 am

So today I'm at home; gonna need to clean up the house again because we're gonna have another guest over, and cook dinner for him.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/16 at 3:21 pm

Thank god the heatwave is almost over. :P

Written By: Howard on 07/27/16 at 3:22 pm

Cat

Hope you get much rest.

Written By: Ripley on 07/27/16 at 6:56 pm

I just tried it... how cute!

Yeah it is! And you can kinds tell its a penguin face on here. <(") but I wish it would show up as an actual penguin.

Written By: nally on 07/28/16 at 12:15 am

Thank god the heatwave is almost over. :P

I wish I could say that for California...but I'm not too sure about that. Thank heavens we aren't going out to the desert this week (to continue with clearing out my grandparents' home), but we will need to do it again sometime in the near future.

Written By: Ripley on 07/28/16 at 3:57 pm

If somebody could buy me this book I would be ever so greatful! 😂

https://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13658945_1768746570076781_4697230225897218791_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=47c5bbab4d2ee79c95628325924e5f84&oe=581E088A
https://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13620894_1768746620076776_5024281345222427268_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=8098032141f6297465f2ac01ec8e8688&oe=5810AC6F
https://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13886464_1768746653410106_6398144715375710880_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a9ed54a5849f05a522451d9255c88fc1&oe=582E4D2Ehttps://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13659110_1768746600076778_8590093629992342304_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c296436b86e4a6dc60d07ba1a7a78bfd&oe=581D22D4

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/28/16 at 4:12 pm

https://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13658945_1768746570076781_4697230225897218791_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=47c5bbab4d2ee79c95628325924e5f84&oe=581E088A
https://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13620894_1768746620076776_5024281345222427268_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=8098032141f6297465f2ac01ec8e8688&oe=5810AC6F
https://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13886464_1768746653410106_6398144715375710880_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a9ed54a5849f05a522451d9255c88fc1&oe=582E4D2Ehttps://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13659110_1768746600076778_8590093629992342304_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c296436b86e4a6dc60d07ba1a7a78bfd&oe=581D22D4

OMG!!! Too funny!

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 07/28/16 at 4:18 pm

OMG!!! Too funny!

Cat

Its a real book! Haha

Written By: Howard on 07/28/16 at 4:19 pm

too funny.  ;D

Written By: nally on 07/28/16 at 6:43 pm

too funny.  ;D

I think so too :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/28/16 at 7:16 pm

Has anyone read Fifty Shades of Grey? Besides me

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 07/28/16 at 7:43 pm

Not me I don't read novels like I used to. But I've read eroticas before but nothing like this. Bondage is a big part of it. There are other books too right? Shades of Blue? Not sure if they continue the story.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/16 at 7:49 am

Yeah it is! And you can kinds tell its a penguin face on here. <(") but I wish it would show up as an actual penguin.
For me it only seems to work on FB Messenger.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/16 at 12:09 pm

Not me I don't read novels like I used to. But I've read eroticas before but nothing like this. Bondage is a big part of it. There are other books too right? Shades of Blue? Not sure if they continue the story.

We listened to the audiobook. There are 3 books in the saga. Fifty Shades Darker & Fifty Shades Freed. It was pretty much a romance novel... with bondage.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/29/16 at 2:42 pm

I tested it out in there too and it seems to work.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/29/16 at 3:35 pm

I tested it out in there too and it seems to work.

Worked for me on Facebook! I posted one on V's status.

Written By: Ripley on 07/29/16 at 4:24 pm

Things are looking up! I've got two exciting pieces of news...

First, my mom got a job at this small market store! They are giving her 32 hours with 3 days off a week! So this is a nice relief. Once I get off my work leave I will apply there. Hopefully I get it cause I don't want to stay working for the company I'm with. You guys know why. They didn't have the right to move me back to cashier without talking to me first. If I were still in garden then heck yeah I would stay. Cause I liked it out there. But there is nothing else there I want to do but that area. So I will apply like crazy to get a better job. In the mean time I'm on a family medical leave. I need to be home to make sure that he us okay until this next step is done. Speaking of... So early next week he gets to go home. He us using what is called a wound vac and they're making it to wear we have one at home and a wound person comes three times a week to check it. He is getting a script for antibiotics so we don't have to go to a clinic every day for it. Then once the vac is done he is able to go back to Georgia if he wants. I don't know how long that will be but cause of no insurance yet we can't have that out of state and he has to have it. Therefore he has no choice but to stay here at least s little while longer. Technically he needs to get back cause his parents have the means to care with his meds etc for him while I'm always broke. That also gives me time to decide for sure on going. I most likely will stay cause I'm having second thoughts. And after I can save money for a few months and see what happens.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/30/16 at 12:11 am

It's GREAT to be back from vacation!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Written By: Howard on 07/30/16 at 8:01 am

How was the trip?

Written By: Ripley on 07/30/16 at 10:24 am

Did you get any souvenirs?

Written By: nally on 07/30/16 at 12:24 pm

Welcome back!!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/30/16 at 8:29 pm

Did you get any souvenirs?

I got a Chicago bulls cup and a baseball with the city of Chicago in the background.

Written By: Ripley on 07/30/16 at 9:32 pm

I got a Chicago bulls cup and a baseball with the city of Chicago in the background.

Cool :)

Written By: nally on 07/31/16 at 11:06 am

Awesome. O0

I've been to Chicago only once in my life, namely when I was almost 14; that was my first trip outside my home state of California. I also visited three other states while I was on that trip.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 11:30 am

As for the last day of this month, this July doesn't seem to be as bad as last year to me. Sure, it could've helped to see the Mets triumphed over their division, but they aren't doing that well.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/31/16 at 1:09 pm

Stayed home for a change today. Texting Lee all day! I miss my cupcake, lol.

Our weather is cloudy, but I find it beautiful. I want to get back to my painting as soon as I can. All I have to do is get white acrylic paint at Walmart or Job Lot. White paint is very necessary. And then I am all set! Not sure what I will paint next, still deciding. Looking for my artistic inspiration anywhere I can.

So tomorrow I will spend the day with Lee. We'll have breakfast and go about our day.  :)

Written By: Howard on 07/31/16 at 3:24 pm

Are you a fan of them?

Written By: nally on 07/31/16 at 9:00 pm

Stayed home for a change today. Texting Lee all day! I miss my cupcake, lol.

Our weather is cloudy, but I find it beautiful. I want to get back to my painting as soon as I can. All I have to do is get white acrylic paint at Walmart or Job Lot. White paint is very necessary. And then I am all set! Not sure what I will paint next, still deciding. Looking for my artistic inspiration anywhere I can.

So tomorrow I will spend the day with Lee. We'll have breakfast and go about our day.  :)

Have a good time in all you do! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/16 at 12:46 am

Goodbye July!

Check for new replies or respond here...