inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Get Your Back To School List Cause It's August!

Written By: Ripley on 07/31/16 at 11:52 am

In half a day it will be August. Any plans?

Subject: Re: Get Your Back To School List Cause It's August!

Written By: nally on 07/31/16 at 9:03 pm

Well, I do know that my dad has plans to go back to the desert this week (with my mom on Tuesday; with his brothers on Thursday) to take further action on getting his late parents' home cleared out and up for sale. This will include emptying out the drawers and donating the clothing items and stuff. Now that we have the death certificate with us, my dad needs to take a copy of it to the banks out there, as well as to a legal office (I don't know all the details; my dad does since he's the one in charge of everything). I, however, will not be going out with them either day because those are the days I work.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/16 at 12:45 am

White rabbit

Written By: Howard on 08/01/16 at 3:42 pm

I'm looking forward to my week off in just a few weeks. :) 

Written By: Ripley on 08/01/16 at 3:52 pm

I'm looking forward to my week off in just a few weeks. :)

Any exciting plans?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/01/16 at 4:05 pm

Well, I'll just enjoy the rest of the summer.  :P

Written By: Howard on 08/01/16 at 4:06 pm

Any exciting plans?

no, just a staycation. :)

Written By: Ripley on 08/01/16 at 4:08 pm

Cool 😊

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/16 at 1:02 pm

have you ever considered going anywhere for your vacation? besides going to see that one friend you sometimes go see....  like going to Coney Island or atlantic city or connecticut or disney world???  where ever it is you east coasters go to....  :D

Written By: annimal on 08/02/16 at 1:20 pm

I plan to become 34

Written By: 80sfan on 08/02/16 at 1:25 pm

Well, I'll just enjoy the rest of the summer.  :P

Going to Hawaii??

Written By: 80sfan on 08/02/16 at 1:26 pm

I plan to become 34

34 flavors? Just kidding. I know it's your b-day soon.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/02/16 at 1:56 pm

Going to Hawaii??

Uhh... no?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/16 at 3:12 pm

I was TORTURED today.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Went to the dentist.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/02/16 at 3:39 pm

have you ever considered going anywhere for your vacation? besides going to see that one friend you sometimes go see....  like going to Coney Island or atlantic city or connecticut or disney world???  where ever it is you east coasters go to....  :D

You mean my old friend Robert? Yeah I got to see him right after he moved upstate from 2002-2006 but then after 2006, no disrespect to him but I just felt I wasn't in the mood to pack up, go and see him and that was me, maybe working a lot got in the way but him and I got to talk over the phone. But now Q, his phone number is a non-working number so now whenever I called him in the past I got an error message, I don't know what to do, Him and I haven't talked to each other in months. :(

Written By: Howard on 08/02/16 at 3:40 pm

I was TORTURED today.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Went to the dentist.

Cat

cavities or wisdom teeth? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/16 at 3:59 pm

cavities or wisdom teeth? ???

Just a cleaning. But, my teeth are SUPER sensitive and even with the numbing stuff (topical not Novocaine), it was STILL jumping. At least the numbness is gone and I no longer feel like a fish-face.

BTW, my wisdom teeth came out DECADES ago.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/02/16 at 4:03 pm

Just a cleaning. But, my teeth are SUPER sensitive and even with the numbing stuff (topical not Novocaine), it was STILL jumping. At least the numbness is gone and I no longer feel like a fish-face.

Cat

How many wisdom teeth were pulled?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/16 at 4:35 pm

How many wisdom teeth were pulled?

3. The 4th never came in. They knocked me out for it-and then I ended up with dry socket. OUCH!!! But, they gave me some really good drugs.  :D ;D ;D ;D

But, that was a long time ago.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/02/16 at 8:29 pm

3. The 4th never came in. They knocked me out for it-and then I ended up with dry socket. OUCH!!! But, they gave me some really good drugs.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I had all four of mine removed in 2000 - because they all grew in crooked.

Written By: annimal on 08/02/16 at 8:42 pm

I just had a few of my teeth covered today

Written By: Ripley on 08/02/16 at 9:09 pm

Cat

Mine are sensitive but my gums are very sensitive. I need/want them cleaned but I dread it.

Written By: Ripley on 08/02/16 at 9:10 pm

Cat

I had mine removed as a kid and they didn't do but one at a time. It was just weeks apart. But they just numbed it, I still remember the feeling of the needle. Lol

Written By: Ripley on 08/02/16 at 9:12 pm

You mean my old friend Robert? Yeah I got to see him right after he moved upstate from 2002-2006 but then after 2006, no disrespect to him but I just felt I wasn't in the mood to pack up, go and see him and that was me, maybe working a lot got in the way but him and I got to talk over the phone. But now Q, his phone number is a non-working number so now whenever I called him in the past I got an error message, I don't know what to do, Him and I haven't talked to each other in months. :(

Aww I'm sorry. Do you any of his relatives? Maybe they could get it for you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/16 at 10:30 am

Mine are sensitive but my gums are very sensitive. I need/want them cleaned but I dread it.

They use a topical numbing agent on mine. It really helps-but it I still feel it. As much as I hate having it done, it sure beats the alternative. My grandmother still had her teeth when she died at the age of 99 1/2. I want to do the same so I suffer through the torture every 6 months.

Cat

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/03/16 at 2:32 pm

I had all four of mine removed in 2000 - because they all grew in crooked.

I had mine all done within a two year period.  I had to take three shots of novacaine because my bottom right tooth was impacted under the gums and they had to call in a dental surgeon but I opted to be awake during the procedure because I didn't want to take a chance on waking up during something so invasive as a wisdom tooth extraction. 

Ouchie! It didn't stop them from stretching my mouth opened to get it done.  :P

Written By: nally on 08/03/16 at 2:35 pm

I had mine all done within a two year period.  I had to take three shots of novacaine because my bottom right tooth was impacted under the gums and they had to call in a dental surgeon but I opted to be awake during the procedure because I didn't want to take a chance on waking up during something so invasive as a wisdom tooth extraction. 

When I had mine done, it was as an outpatient; they gave me some sort of anaesthetic so that I'd be asleep during the operation, and they woke me up when it was all over. Of course I was still groggy, but that's to be expected.

Written By: nally on 08/03/16 at 2:36 pm

Anyways, I'm at home all day today; don't need to go out anywhere. Therefore I can stay cool from the heat.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/16 at 3:45 pm

Cat

I had 2 taken out from both sides of my mouth, 1 on each side.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/16 at 3:45 pm

I brush, floss and mouthwash.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/16 at 3:46 pm

Aww I'm sorry. Do you any of his relatives? Maybe they could get it for you.

His Mother died 14 years ago and his Father lives in New Hampshire.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/16 at 3:47 pm

They used Novocaine to pull them out of my mouth. :P

Written By: Ripley on 08/03/16 at 9:01 pm

I'm curious if anyone here still has all of their wisdom teeth?

Written By: Ripley on 08/03/16 at 9:02 pm

I'm sad. My grandparents are moved out of their house that they have had since my mom was little. I spent my childhood there. It's the place I've been to more than any other place. And they will no longer have that same phone number from all those years. It's going to be weird calling a different number. The house is staying in the family cause my uncle will have it but I will miss going there. I'm happy to have one special item I loved as a kid. We watched, sang and danced along to this sing along VHS tape. My sister found it for me. I had wondered what happened to it. I will cherish all the great memories from our brick house.

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/16 at 9:12 pm

That's too bad.

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/16 at 9:14 pm

I'm sad. My grandparents are moved out of their house that they have had since my mom was little. I spent my childhood there. It's the place I've been to more than any other place. And they will no longer have that same phone number from all those years. It's going to be weird calling a different number. The house is staying in the family cause my uncle will have it but I will miss going there. I'm happy to have one special item I loved as a kid. We watched, sang and danced along to this sing along VHS tape. My sister found it for me. I had wondered what happened to it. I will cherish all the great memories from our brick house.

That's too bad. At least it's staying in the family tho

Written By: Ripley on 08/03/16 at 9:30 pm

That's too bad. At least it's staying in the family tho

Yeah and I'm hoping we can still have some family getogethers there too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/16 at 11:22 am

Life moves on. Sometimes it is sad-other times it is for the best.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/04/16 at 3:22 pm

I had mine taken out 4 months ago.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/16 at 3:23 pm

That's too bad.

I'm just assuming that he's probably waiting for a new phone.

Written By: nally on 08/04/16 at 7:24 pm

I brush, floss and mouthwash.

I do all those things.

Written By: nally on 08/04/16 at 7:29 pm

Life moves on. Sometimes it is sad-other times it is for the best.

Cat

So true. In fact, I've had to deal with similar situations myself.
This is somewhat related, albeit different in a sense... just two years ago after my maternal grandma died, my parents and I had to clear out her house, which she'd lived in for 51 years, and sell it. This included disconnecting the phone #, which had also served the house for the same amount of time.

My dad is gonna have to do the same with his parents' home, now that his parents are both gone. In fact, he and his brothers traveled out to the desert today to do some more work there. This included taking the cable tv equipment back to the Time Warner office and closing that account for good; paying the utility bills; and other things. (I didn't need to go out there with them today, cuz it's my work day.) It's quite a long process.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/16 at 8:59 pm

Just to reassure everyone that everything is fine, and I am due for a long weekend away with the family, therefore I will be offline.

Written By: Ripley on 08/04/16 at 10:20 pm

🌟_________
(ThinkingAboutYou..❤)
`   ̄ ̄🐬 ̄O  ̄. ̄ ̄ ̄
🐳    。    o        🐟  *
╭━━━━━╮┏╮╭┓
┃╰╯            ┃╰╮╭╯
┣━━╯        ╰━╯┃
╰━━━━━━━━╯
🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🐠🌀🌀
💙🐙💙💙💙💙💙💙

Written By: Howard on 08/05/16 at 7:57 am

I do all those things.

I've been trying to keep a good routine.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/16 at 7:58 am

Just to reassure everyone that everything is fine, and I am due for a long weekend away with the family, therefore I will be offline.

take care. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/05/16 at 11:59 am

So true. In fact, I've had to deal with similar situations myself.
This is somewhat related, albeit different in a sense... just two years ago after my maternal grandma died, my parents and I had to clear out her house, which she'd lived in for 51 years, and sell it. This included disconnecting the phone #, which had also served the house for the same amount of time.

My dad is gonna have to do the same with his parents' home, now that his parents are both gone. In fact, he and his brothers traveled out to the desert today to do some more work there. This included taking the cable tv equipment back to the Time Warner office and closing that account for good; paying the utility bills; and other things. (I didn't need to go out there with them today, cuz it's my work day.) It's quite a long process.

My mother took out a reversed mortgage against the advice of just about EVERYONE! Well, she made out pretty good because she did it just before the housing bubble burst. But, then she was unable to take care of herself so she ended up in a nursing home. We cleaned out her house and told the mortgage company that the house was all theirs. My mother passed away about a year later.

THEN we kept getting bombarded with stuff from the mortgage company asking us that if we don't start paying up, we could lose the house. We told them over and over and over again, NONE OF US WANTS THE HOUSE!!!! It was THEIRS!!! They come to our door 3 times, they even went to my late sister's kids houses. Not only did they have someone come to our house 3 times with paperwork, they also sent us a BIG package of paperwork Priority mail. Looking through the paperwork, they have someone else's name on some of it. It had nothing to do with my mother's house-but the name was the same as my step-father but it wasn't him. In other words, they TOTALLY SCREWED up the paperwork.

The last time I received anything, they said that they were FINALLY going to foreclose on the house-that was about a year ago. I have been checking Realtor.com frequently and my mother's house STILL isn't up for sale. My mother has been gone for 3 years now and she left her house a year before that when we first told the mortgage company to take the house. So, for 4 years, that house has been sitting empty. You can image what it looks like.

My theory as to why this is going on: I don't think they know who actually owns the house. My mother took out her reversed mortgage with Company A. Company A then sold her mortgage to Company B. I guess Company B sold it to someone else. Meanwhile, they are hoping that the heirs (me & my sibs-and even my nieces) will take it over so they don't have to worry about it. Meanwhile, the house sits empty deteriorating. When they finally do foreclose on it, they will only get a fraction of what the mortgage was. They totally burned themselves.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 08/05/16 at 9:07 pm

Spent the day with Lee! It was so beautiful and romantic, like English lavender on a sunny day. I love my cupcake! It will be our 10th monthiversary the week after next! I'm so happy. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/06/16 at 7:45 am

Spent the day with Lee! It was so beautiful and romantic, like English lavender on a sunny day. I love my cupcake! It will be our 10th monthiversary the week after next! I'm so happy. :)

How sweet. :)

Written By: nally on 08/06/16 at 11:55 am

How nice... glad you two had a good time. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/06/16 at 2:19 pm

Finally got my airplane ticket.  I leave for Thailand on Tuesday, August 9th.  I first fly from Pittsburgh to Toronto, Canada, then have a bit of a layover.  Then fly 16 hours over the North Pole to Shanghai, China.  Probably won't leave the airport, I think the air pollution there is/was pretty bad, and I have trouble breathing already.  I will be there about 15 hours and then finally fly 4 more hours to Thailand to be with my honey.
If you could maybe think of me from the 9th to the 11th, I think that will be the day I finally get to Thailand.  Help me psychically keep the plane up in the air. lol No, I'm not nervous at all.  lol  ;D :D ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/16 at 2:22 pm

Finally got my airplane ticket.  I leave for Thailand on Tuesday, August 9th.  I first fly from Pittsburgh to Toronto, Canada, then have a bit of a layover.  Then fly 16 hours over the North Pole to Shanghai, China.  Probably won't leave the airport, I think the air pollution there is/was pretty bad, and I have trouble breathing already.  I will be there about 15 hours and then finally fly 4 more hours to Thailand to be with my honey.
If you could maybe think of me from the 9th to the 11th, I think that will be the day I finally get to Thailand.  Help me psychically keep the plane up in the air. lol No, I'm not nervous at all.  lol  ;D :D ;)

Safe travels, My Friend. Please let us know when you get there.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 2:58 pm

I'll be thinking of you *hugs* do you have good WiFi on your phone? You should post a status on Facebook when you get to all 3 places. Give an update about your whereabouts. 😊What did you decide about your kitty? Is baby staying with your family still while you go? Then you will fly the fluffball later?

Written By: violet_shy on 08/06/16 at 3:28 pm

Going to color my hair today! I've always been a dark haired person, so going to do an intense medium auburn. It is very red, I can't wait! Change is good.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/06/16 at 3:52 pm

Safe travels, My Friend. Please let us know when you get there.

Cat

Will do. Thanks!

Written By: annimal on 08/06/16 at 4:28 pm

I have now read that butterflies get the stuff they need from corn and soy beans.  I've read butterflies need lipids, water, and protein.  Besides the flowers, my garden is going to be Ann's Diner.  I've just read too that butterflies only see red, yellow, and green.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/16 at 4:42 pm

I have now read that butterflies get the stuff they need from corn and soy beans.  I've read butterflies need lipids, water, and protein.  Besides the flowers, my garden is going to be Ann's Diner.  I've just read too that butterflies only see red, yellow, and green.

Milkweed.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/06/16 at 5:54 pm

have a good travel. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/06/16 at 6:40 pm

I'll be thinking of you *hugs* do you have good WiFi on your phone? You should post a status on Facebook when you get to all 3 places. Give an update about your whereabouts. 😊What did you decide about your kitty? Is baby staying with your family still while you go? Then you will fly the fluffball later?

I do have Wifi, and I will check in on Facebook, I don't know if my WiFi will work, sometimes it doesn't. Also China has a lot of restrictions on the internet, so if I can post, I will. If for some reason, the people who are my Facebook friends, if ya'll could post here on my behalf, if you see me there but not here, I'd appreciate it. I will definitely post once I get to Thailand.

Yeah I gave up trying to find a cat friendly trip for me and Pink. Grandma is catsitting, for me, but she tends to go the cheap route (even when I give her money.) so I am also trying to find someone to take her to the veterinarian for a health certificate. Mom said she will absolutely not take her.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/16 at 6:47 pm

3 birthdays today-48, 38, & 28. Interesting.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/16 at 7:04 pm

The most amazing thing just happened. We have a primary election for governor (and Lt governor) this coming Tuesday so we have been getting phone call after phone call from different campaigns. But, the last call was from the candidate himself!  :o :o :o  As long as I have been a voter-I have NEVER had the candidate call-it was always someone who worked for the campaign. I hated to tell them that I am planning on voting for the other guy.  :-\\  But, I told him that I will go to his website and keep an open mind. But, I also told him that I give him kudos for calling me PERSONALLY!

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 8:46 pm

The most amazing thing just happened. We have a primary election for governor (and Lt governor) this coming Tuesday so we have been getting phone call after phone call from different campaigns. But, the last call was from the candidate himself!  :o :o :o  As long as I have been a voter-I have NEVER had the candidate call-it was always someone who worked for the campaign. I hated to tell them that I am planning on voting for the other guy.  :-\\  But, I told him that I will go to his website and keep an open mind. But, I also told him that I give him kudos for calling me PERSONALLY!

Cat

That's really cool ☺

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 10:04 pm

I do have Wifi, and I will check in on Facebook, I don't know if my WiFi will work, sometimes it doesn't. Also China has a lot of restrictions on the internet, so if I can post, I will. If for some reason, the people who are my Facebook friends, if ya'll could post here on my behalf, if you see me there but not here, I'd appreciate it. I will definitely post once I get to Thailand.

Yeah I gave up trying to find a cat friendly trip for me and Pink. Grandma is catsitting, for me, but she tends to go the cheap route (even when I give her money.) so I am also trying to find someone to take her to the veterinarian for a health certificate. Mom said she will absolutely not take her.

I'd be glad to relay your fb posts to everyone here ☺

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/06/16 at 10:57 pm

I'd be glad to relay your fb posts to everyone here ☺

Thank you, I'd really appreciate that.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/16 at 2:31 pm

I will certainly be glad when Tuesday is over with. Like I stated in a previous post, Tuesday is a primary election. We have 3 viable candidates for governor and 3 for lt governor on the Dem side. So far, we have received phone calls from 1 of the lt governor candidate's campaign, TWICE-once for me, & once for Carlos.

We received a phone call from one of the candidates for gov-the ACTUAL candidate. This morning we received two calls from that same campaign-one for me, & one for Carlos. We also received a call from another candidate's once-so far. And now we just received a call from the state's Dem party. So far that is 7 calls in the last 24 hours.

And we are NOT Dems.

Cat 

Written By: Howard on 08/07/16 at 3:10 pm

3 birthdays today-48, 38, & 28. Interesting.

Cat

Are they family members?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/16 at 4:07 pm

Are they family members?

They are board members. I should have copied it but I didn't.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/07/16 at 8:07 pm

One of them was Billzy, who has been a regular here, altho not around much in the past couple months.

Written By: nally on 08/07/16 at 8:08 pm

Anyway, I had a nice day today. :) Now to plan out my week ahead.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/07/16 at 8:35 pm

Same old same old for me.
Taryll drops an album tomorrow, but other than that, same stuff. Back and forth to dialysis and focusing on my writing and old films.
Expecting some new clothes that i ordered to come in.

That's about it for me I'm a very boring individual.

Written By: annimal on 08/07/16 at 10:39 pm

Same old story, same old song and dance my friend?

Lets see,  I took care of my nettle sting a while ago, pulled the whole root of the plant out so it wont happen again.  I got this pretty red rash after touching my hamper yesterday so I'll be doing some laundry tom and

I wont use All  I wont use All  I wont use All

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/08/16 at 12:50 am

take care. :)
Thanks.

All is fine!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/08/16 at 1:08 am

I've got 2 1/2 more weeks left before College starts again..... :o :o :o
I can't believe I'm half way done. :( :o

Written By: karen on 08/08/16 at 5:06 am

I do

Written By: karen on 08/08/16 at 5:17 am

I've been away on holiday for a couple of weeks.

First week in South Wales combining a visit with Dai's mum with a week of orienteering in the local area.  A real mix of what the area has to offer - sand dunes, thick forest, high moorland with huge (house-sized) pits and a country park.  Plus doing small jobs for Dai's mum - gardening, changing light bulbs, etc.

We came home on a Friday as both kids were going to scout camp on Saturday.  Speedy loads of laundry to get some bits clean and dry and then everything packed.

While they were at camp Dai and I went to Amsterdam for a few days.  Crazily busy place with bicycles everywhere!  we went to a few museums, a canal boat trip and wandered around the narrow streets.  Never worked out what a traditional Dutch meal might be so we ate tapas, Argentinian steak and Chinese!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/08/16 at 10:20 am

Same old story, same old song and dance my friend?

Lets see,  I took care of my nettle sting a while ago, pulled the whole root of the plant out so it wont happen again.  I got this pretty red rash after touching my hamper yesterday so I'll be doing some laundry tom and

I wont use All  I wont use All  I wont use All

I notice you said you had a rash from a stinging nettle. Let me ask you this, so you REALLY have to pee on it to make it go away? I know it sounds crazy but I have dvds of The Simple Life and in Season two, Paris Hilton got into some nettles and the rancher who owned the place said someone had to pee on it to make it stop stinging.  :o

And yeah, same old dance for me. I'm supposed to be writing but I'd rather just rest today.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/16 at 10:42 am

Good luck.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/16 at 11:11 am

I've been away on holiday for a couple of weeks.

First week in South Wales combining a visit with Dai's mum with a week of orienteering in the local area.  A real mix of what the area has to offer - sand dunes, thick forest, high moorland with huge (house-sized) pits and a country park.  Plus doing small jobs for Dai's mum - gardening, changing light bulbs, etc.

We came home on a Friday as both kids were going to scout camp on Saturday.  Speedy loads of laundry to get some bits clean and dry and then everything packed.

While they were at camp Dai and I went to Amsterdam for a few days.  Crazily busy place with bicycles everywhere!  we went to a few museums, a canal boat trip and wandered around the narrow streets.  Never worked out what a traditional Dutch meal might be so we ate tapas, Argentinian steak and Chinese!

Sounds like fun. Did you get a chance to see Henk?

Cat

Written By: annimal on 08/08/16 at 12:09 pm

I notice you said you had a rash from a stinging nettle. Let me ask you this, so you REALLY have to pee on it to make it go away? I know it sounds crazy but I have dvds of The Simple Life and in Season two, Paris Hilton got into some nettles and the rancher who owned the place said someone had to pee on it to make it stop stinging.  :o

Aloe vera is what you need to start getting the chemicals out of your skin.  There are also many other chemicals that can be used.  I don't think pee will have a chemical to stop the sting. 

Written By: Howard on 08/08/16 at 3:22 pm

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Ripley on 08/08/16 at 3:55 pm

You're going to do great Eric!

Written By: Ripley on 08/08/16 at 4:07 pm

Well today is the day my S.O. leaves the hospital to the house. Home health is coming a few times a week to make sure the dressing is good. As long as we go to doctor appointments set up they will help us with it. But the wound is looking good, really close to healing and they took the vac thing off. But he has to wait til its healed to leave cause of the slim chances of getting help in GA since the medicaid he's waiting on is for my state. Otherwise there is a chance of it not healing right. I can change the dressing but I need them cause I'm paranoid if its just me doing it then things will go back. But ovcourse his parents are nagging him about going there now. They don't understand. I'm sorry but if they really care they will let these people do their job so it can heal. And if they keep talking to him the way they are I'm going to assume they don't care about his health. Them being the way they are is one reason to second guess moving cause for a while I'd have to live with them. But also, even with wheelchair assistance, he's got to be able to get up and sit a few times at the airport. So physical and occupational therapy is coming over as well. If he doesn't cooperate with them, not only will he not get the help he needs but I'm not putting up with it. As I mentioned in that one post I had in the other part of the board, I deserve an active life.

I'm sorry, I know this belongs more in the Sound Off topic but I rather just post it here since its what is going on in my life this month. So we have work to do for him and us.

Written By: Ripley on 08/08/16 at 4:08 pm

In other news... It's International Cat Day!

Written By: annimal on 08/08/16 at 4:37 pm

international cat day huh?  Maybe that's why I woke up with the words

cool cat lookin for a kitty gonna look in every corner of the city

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/16 at 5:23 pm

I don't have any international cats-only domestic ones. But, I am *C.O.L. at the moment.

*Cat On Lap

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/16 at 5:28 pm

Do we all have to buy a cat?

Written By: nally on 08/08/16 at 5:31 pm

Well today is the day my S.O. leaves the hospital to the house. Home health is coming a few times a week to make sure the dressing is good. As long as we go to doctor appointments set up they will help us with it. But the wound is looking good, really close to healing and they took the vac thing off. But he has to wait til its healed to leave cause of the slim chances of getting help in GA since the medicaid he's waiting on is for my state. Otherwise there is a chance of it not healing right. I can change the dressing but I need them cause I'm paranoid if its just me doing it then things will go back. But ovcourse his parents are nagging him about going there now. They don't understand. I'm sorry but if they really care they will let these people do their job so it can heal. And if they keep talking to him the way they are I'm going to assume they don't care about his health. Them being the way they are is one reason to second guess moving cause for a while I'd have to live with them. But also, even with wheelchair assistance, he's got to be able to get up and sit a few times at the airport. So physical and occupational therapy is coming over as well. If he doesn't cooperate with them, not only will he not get the help he needs but I'm not putting up with it. As I mentioned in that one post I had in the other part of the board, I deserve an active life.

I'm sorry, I know this belongs more in the Sound Off topic but I rather just post it here since its what is going on in my life this month. So we have work to do for him and us.

Hey that's alright. Anytime you have stuff going on, we're glad to read about it. Best of luck to you both. :)

Written By: Ripley on 08/08/16 at 10:10 pm

Thank you Jeff! I found out we have to add Cox's Variety Pack to get MTV Classic. So I have to wait til our bill gets caught up then we'll add it. It stinks cause I was really looking forward to it. But hey, I'm going to get Chiller back with this! And my mom will get NatGeoWild. So we've Just got to hold on a few weeks.

Written By: snozberries on 08/08/16 at 11:13 pm

Gotcha covered on the fb thing (just tag me if you can so in sure to see it).

Have a good trip!!!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/08/16 at 11:20 pm

Did you marry him? Cause on facebook, you said you changed your name...

Written By: karen on 08/09/16 at 3:29 am

Sounds like fun. Did you get a chance to see Henk?

Cat

I meant to contact him beforehand but forgot

Not sure how close to Amsterdam he lives and we were only there during the week so he was probably at work.

Written By: karen on 08/09/16 at 3:33 am

I notice you said you had a rash from a stinging nettle. Let me ask you this, so you REALLY have to pee on it to make it go away?

If you just try hard not to scratch it the itching soon stops.

The theory with pee (or anything else) on stings is to neutralise the acid causing the sting.  In the UK he common remedy is spitting on a dock leaf and rubbing that onto the stung area

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/09/16 at 5:16 am

Flying today to Canada in a couple hours and then later over the North Pole (hoping to see Aurora Borealis) since it will be nighttime.  Landing in Shanghai, China tomorrow then flying to Thailand two days from now.  I am a globe trotter (always wanted to be!)

I'm leaving my cat on International Cat Day, that just isn't meowy good for a crazy cat lady

Written By: Ripley on 08/09/16 at 10:58 am

Did you marry him? Cause on facebook, you said you changed your name...

No I just use his name cause I don't want people from my past finding me lol

Written By: Ripley on 08/09/16 at 11:01 am

But someone somehow did, that's what that message was about on there. It really creeped me out cause it was a weird friendship. They don't have any of my current info so I don't know how they found me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/16 at 11:21 am

But someone somehow did, that's what that message was about on there. It really creeped me out cause it was a weird friendship. They don't have any of my current info so I don't know how they found me.

It is not that hard thanks to Google.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 08/09/16 at 11:32 am

It is not that hard thanks to Google.

Cat

You ever been to Spokeo? It is a really bad site. They will give out everything.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/09/16 at 11:46 am

First leg of my travels completed.  I am sitting in Toronto, Canada.  Wish I had more time to explore.  Would like to check out some things here, but it is proving more expensive then planned for the luggage and taking a lot more time to get around.  Thankfully everyone has been kind to me so far.

Hopping a flight to China in 4 hours.  :)

Written By: Ripley on 08/09/16 at 12:29 pm

First leg of my travels completed.  I am sitting in Toronto, Canada.  Wish I had more time to explore.  Would like to check out some things here, but it is proving more expensive then planned for the luggage and taking a lot more time to get around.  Thankfully everyone has been kind to me so far.

I'm glad you're safe 😊It will be funny seeing the time be later and later as you fly. Mine last was only one hour different but it was still quite interesting lol

Written By: annimal on 08/09/16 at 12:35 pm

Lets see, maybe I'll get some exercise today. 

Written By: Howard on 08/09/16 at 2:57 pm

Do we all have to buy a cat?

My friend has a cat.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/16 at 2:58 pm

Flying today to Canada in a couple hours and then later over the North Pole (hoping to see Aurora Borealis) since it will be nighttime.  Landing in Shanghai, China tomorrow then flying to Thailand two days from now.  I am a globe trotter (always wanted to be!)

I'm leaving my cat on International Cat Day, that just isn't meowy good for a crazy cat lady

enjoy your flight. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/09/16 at 3:02 pm

It's official, I put in my vacation for the week of August 14th-20th. Not going anywhere it's just that I have a doctor's appointment, probably going to the dollar store and maybe bring in my overcoat to the dry cleaners that week to get ready for autumn.

Written By: annimal on 08/09/16 at 6:42 pm

So are you going to get yourself some money ?

Written By: nally on 08/09/16 at 7:16 pm

Enjoy your flight, and have a safe trip!

Written By: TheKid99 on 08/09/16 at 9:33 pm

August so far has gone great! My life is going in a new direction I wouldn't have thought of in my life.

It's hard to believe I have been on this forum for a year! Can't believe it! I love this forum a lot and while it's not my main forum it's one of those I love going to. Thanks for the year everybody!

Written By: Ripley on 08/09/16 at 11:47 pm

It's official, I put in my vacation for the week of August 14th-20th. Not going anywhere it's just that I have a doctor's appointment, probably going to the dollar store and maybe bring in my overcoat to the dry cleaners that week to get ready for autumn.

A week off is good for you. You can relax both physically and mentally. I hope the doctors appointment goes well. I should get a nice overcoat for fall. I actually want a whool trench coat. I just haven't been able to afford it.

Written By: Ripley on 08/09/16 at 11:48 pm

August so far has gone great! My life is going in a new direction I wouldn't have thought of in my life.

It's hard to believe I have been on this forum for a year! Can't believe it! I love this forum a lot and while it's not my main forum it's one of those I love going to. Thanks for the year everybody!

You're welcome, its great having you here!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/16 at 1:02 am

Sounds like your coming into yourself!  :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/10/16 at 2:32 am

While getting my schedule together, I found out I have a 3.3 GPA overall. DAMN!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I need to keep this up. I'm striving to be the best I can be before I'm finished!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/16 at 10:37 am

While getting my schedule together, I found out I have a 3.3 GPA overall. DAMN!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I need to keep this up. I'm striving to be the best I can be before I'm finished!

Way cool.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/10/16 at 2:23 pm

Happy one-year anniversary of your membership! :)

Written By: nally on 08/10/16 at 2:23 pm

That's great; keep up your good work! O0

Written By: Howard on 08/10/16 at 4:12 pm

So are you going to get yourself some money ?

I hope to be spending some money.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/16 at 4:13 pm

glad you're having a good time. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/10/16 at 4:14 pm

A week off is good for you. You can relax both physically and mentally. I hope the doctors appointment goes well. I should get a nice overcoat for fall. I actually want a whool trench coat. I just haven't been able to afford it.

mentally, I need to get away from there, I've been stressed out and full of aggravation. :(

Written By: annimal on 08/10/16 at 4:29 pm

So you have some money now Howard?

I cant Get Summer In The City out of my head for some reason.  I figured out how to play both the guitar and keyboard on my harmonica.

A few days ago the cancer survivor music class did a performance,  I wasn't feeling well and neither were my parents.  I can ask them next time if they wouldn't mind an actor to go with their just guitar playing performance.  Purple People Eater has been played in the class.  I know where they can find a Purple People Eater if they want one.

Maybe annimal is about ready to do some animal parody videos.  Wont that be horrible?

Written By: Howard on 08/10/16 at 4:39 pm

So you have some money now Howard?

I cant Get Summer In The City out of my head for some reason.  I figured out how to play both the guitar and keyboard on my harmonica.

A few days ago the cancer survivor music class did a performance,  I wasn't feeling well and neither were my parents.  I can ask them next time if they wouldn't mind an actor to go with their just guitar playing performance.  Purple People Eater has been played in the class.  I know where they can find a Purple People Eater if they want one.

Maybe annimal is about ready to do some animal parody videos.  Wont that be horrible?

stored away.

Written By: annimal on 08/10/16 at 4:42 pm

from all strangers?

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/16 at 7:43 pm

thats awesome O0

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/16 at 10:24 am

From Patty's fb page...yesterday:

" Patty's at the China airport  @ this moment long layover then on to Be with her hubby but keep her in your prayers thanks for all your thoughts"

Written By: Ripley on 08/11/16 at 2:42 pm

Patty has made it safe to Thailand! She's currently resting. Her hubby said she will post an update on Facebook after she rests. I'm glad she's there, finally reunited! Now to get the other kitty there.

Written By: Ripley on 08/11/16 at 2:43 pm

That's great!😎

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/16 at 2:45 pm

Patty has made it safe to Thailand! She's currently resting. Her hubby said she will post an update on Facebook after she rests. I'm glad she's there, finally reunited! Now to get the other kitty there.

YAY!!!!

Thanks for the update.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 08/11/16 at 2:46 pm

YAY!!!!

Thanks for the update.

Cat

You're welcome 😊

Written By: Howard on 08/11/16 at 4:11 pm

wonderful. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/11/16 at 4:13 pm

That's great news. :)

Written By: Ripley on 08/11/16 at 6:57 pm

That's great news. :)

It sure is

Written By: nally on 08/11/16 at 7:21 pm

It sure is

I just read her post there as well. Wishing her all the best.

Written By: annimal on 08/11/16 at 10:03 pm

cool everything is going cool

Written By: Ripley on 08/11/16 at 10:25 pm

We've been back at the house few days. He has to switch sides a lot when he lays. Were both exhausted but trying to catch up on sleep tonight. He worked good with physical therapy today, despite feeling sick.

Written By: Ripley on 08/11/16 at 10:27 pm

Patty made a post. She is really tired I can tell. She say's she slept 14 hours when she got there. I don't blame her. So much traveling. But I imagine she will get on here tomorrow to let everyone know how she's doing.

Written By: aja675 on 08/12/16 at 8:09 am

Why won't embedded videos load in Chrome?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 8:10 am

Why won't embedded videos load in Chrome?
For YouTube?

Written By: aja675 on 08/12/16 at 8:18 am

You're right.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 8:26 am

You're right.
Only post the last part of the URL between the .tube].tube]

For instance:

https://youtu.be/_uk2LkW2tm8

As: .tube]_uk2LkW2tm8.tube]
Producing: _uk2LkW2tm8

Written By: aja675 on 08/12/16 at 8:29 am

This applies to every website except Facebook.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 8:34 am

As far as I know, for here. For FB just copy and paste the YouTube URL into the comment or when post something original on your own or a friend's profile.

Written By: aja675 on 08/12/16 at 8:50 am

In most websites, Flash is broken for me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 8:54 am

In most websites, flash is broken for me.
I know that flash does not work for me in my tablet.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/12/16 at 8:56 am

I know that flash does not work for me in my tablet.

Flash only works on your computer though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 8:59 am

Flash only works on your computer though.
Yes indeed, which is many miles away for me.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/16 at 9:34 am

Patty made a post. She is really tired I can tell. She say's she slept 14 hours when she got there. I don't blame her. So much traveling. But I imagine she will get on here tomorrow to let everyone know how she's doing.

I would sleep a lot if I had to do so much traveling myself.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/16 at 9:36 am

In most websites, Flash is broken for me.

Have you tried updating flash?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 9:37 am

I am glad she made it, and I know exactly how she feels.

Written By: karen on 08/12/16 at 10:46 am

Last week at camp Elizabeth had an interesting accident.  She was on one of those bungee trampoline things doing back flips when she managed to knee herself in the face.  She gave herself a swollen nose and two black eyes.

By the end of the week the swelling had gone down a little and her nose looked a bit crooked.  However we were advised to wait for the swelling to clear before getting it re-assessed.

Anyways we went to the doctors today and she has broken her nose!  There is a clinic we will go to next Tuesday, though we don't know if they will fix it there and then or book a time for an op.

Written By: annimal on 08/12/16 at 10:52 am

hope that gets better

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/12/16 at 11:35 am

Last week at camp Elizabeth had an interesting accident.  She was on one of those bungee trampoline things doing back flips when she managed to knee herself in the face.  She gave herself a swollen nose and two black eyes.

By the end of the week the swelling had gone down a little and her nose looked a bit crooked.  However we were advised to wait for the swelling to clear before getting it re-assessed.

Anyways we went to the doctors today and she has broken her nose!  There is a clinic we will go to next Tuesday, though we don't know if they will fix it there and then or book a time for an op.

Ouch-poor Elizabeth. Hope she heals fast.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/12/16 at 12:13 pm

I would sleep a lot if I had to do so much traveling myself.

Jet lag would probably kick in.

I remember last May when I flew to Seattle I had to get up very early in the morning to catch the flight, and then once we got to Seattle (just after 8 in the morning) we had to get to our cruise ship to take us into Alaska.

In just three weeks my parents will be taking another trip and they have to leave the house very early in the morning to catch their flight. They'll be going once again to Europe but they'll have to change planes somewhere on the East Coast. Same for when they fly back.

Written By: nally on 08/12/16 at 12:14 pm

Oh no! :-
hope that gets better

Ouch-poor Elizabeth. Hope she heals fast.

Cat

I echo these statements.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 8:43 pm

Ouch, and ouch indeed.

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/16 at 9:36 pm

Only post the last part of the URL between the .tube]
.tube]

For instance:

https://youtu.be/_uk2LkW2tm8

As: .tube]_uk2LkW2tm8.tube]
Producing: _uk2LkW2tm8

Thank you. I didn't know this.

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/16 at 9:38 pm

Poor thing!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/13/16 at 11:00 am

Going up north to celebrate my oldest granddaughter's bat mitzvah. Even though they are not practicing Jews, it is more a celebration rather than a religious ceremony. They are like me-they celebrate their Jewish heritage rather than the religion.  (Carlos' ex is Jewish.) It will take place at a park with swimming & such. However, it is raining today.  :-\\  Good thing it will be under a pavilion.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 08/13/16 at 11:33 am

Well so far this morning, I put some stickers and patches on some glasses that are going to help keep an eye in line better to play games and read.  Looks weird, but works for around the house.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/13/16 at 7:29 pm

Coming home was REALLY scary. We were about 30 minutes from home and I see this REALLY dark cloud that was getting darker & darker and closer & closer. I knew it was going to hit us (or we were going to hit it). Sure enough. You could barely see 2 feet in front. Lightning was going off all around. There was a car ahead of us (out of state) who was only going about 25 mph (50 mph zone). I didn't blame him/her. He lit our way until we reached a passing zone. There were cars pulled off here and there. REALLY NASTY! That 30 minutes turned into more like 45 minutes or longer. But, we made it home safe & sound. The storm has passed but I can still hear the thunderboomers. My poor cat is so scared-and so was I.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/14/16 at 7:54 am

Coming home was REALLY scary. We were about 30 minutes from home and I see this REALLY dark cloud that was getting darker & darker and closer & closer. I knew it was going to hit us (or we were going to hit it). Sure enough. You could barely see 2 feet in front. Lightning was going off all around. There was a car ahead of us (out of state) who was only going about 25 mph (50 mph zone). I didn't blame him/her. He lit our way until we reached a passing zone. There were cars pulled off here and there. REALLY NASTY! That 30 minutes turned into more like 45 minutes or longer. But, we made it home safe & sound. The storm has passed but I can still hear the thunderboomers. My poor cat is so scared-and so was I.

Cat

glad to see you're safe. :)

Written By: annimal on 08/14/16 at 10:18 am

Lets see, hmm?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/16 at 11:17 am

glad to see you're safe. :)

Thanks, Howard.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 08/14/16 at 1:20 pm

thinking about parody recording again and have known i haven't wanted to tell anyone much in case I do end up doing some recording and can surprise anyone around here.  May want to write one more parody and may want to get my name changed to annimal if possible, but this is only if  animal does do some recordings.  I will become a world famous director  ;)

Written By: violet_shy on 08/14/16 at 4:41 pm

So I had a typical strange day! Woke up this morning and felt super groggy...my back was killing me! After waking up, I realized there was a weird odor coming from outside, like someone had thrown up lol. After that I got up and started my day. Spent the day with the family, my aunt made us a big dinner and we stayed at her house. It's beautiful out of course, feel sad the Summer is coming to an end. It was a strange but good day! Looking forward to the new week I want to enjoy the gorgeous weather as much as I can. Hope everyone is loving Sunday! ♤♡♢♧•○●□■

Written By: annimal on 08/14/16 at 5:48 pm

another roasting valley sunday.  I'm busy playing a game and typing up a parody I might be able to finish.

Written By: nally on 08/14/16 at 6:24 pm

Cat

Whoo. Glad you got through it okay. O0

Written By: annimal on 08/14/16 at 6:28 pm

now going to Amiright to try and submit something

Written By: nally on 08/14/16 at 6:29 pm

Had a long day traveling yesterday... we drove from our house in Oxnard, CA, to the home of my mother's paternal cousin Tom in San Clemente, CA; it was Tom's birthday last week so there was a gathering at his house. It took more than three hours to go 120+ miles, mainly due to the congested traffic on the freeways. And of course we had to travel back home. But Tom was glad to see us. We met some of his buddies and extended family members.

Written By: nally on 08/14/16 at 6:29 pm

now going to Amiright to try and submit something

I'll try to look for it tomorrow, if it's a parody. Hopefully I'll know the OS too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/16 at 6:34 pm

Online briefly today, with a busy few days ahead of me.

I wish you all well!

Written By: annimal on 08/14/16 at 6:53 pm

suckcess!  na noone is going to want to see the parody

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/16 at 7:26 pm

Whoo. Glad you got through it okay. O0

Thanks.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/14/16 at 7:39 pm

I wish you all well!

Same to you, Philip; take care in all you do!!

Written By: Ripley on 08/14/16 at 8:14 pm

Will everyone please read this post for me? Thanks

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=39409.75

Written By: Howard on 08/15/16 at 10:05 am

So I had a typical strange day! Woke up this morning and felt super groggy...my back was killing me! After waking up, I realized there was a weird odor coming from outside, like someone had thrown up lol. After that I got up and started my day. Spent the day with the family, my aunt made us a big dinner and we stayed at her house. It's beautiful out of course, feel sad the Summer is coming to an end. It was a strange but good day! Looking forward to the new week I want to enjoy the gorgeous weather as much as I can. Hope everyone is loving Sunday! ♤♡♢♧•○●□■

Did you find out what the weird odor came from? ???

Written By: Howard on 08/15/16 at 10:06 am

I wish you all well!

Thanks for stopping by, good to see you. :)

Written By: nally on 08/16/16 at 11:12 pm

Went to work early today (Tuesday), since my supervisor needed to take her dog to the vet at a certain hour; this was arranged a week or two ago, and I agreed to come in a half-hour earlier than usual, which I am open to doing because I am flexible at this point. So it worked out just fine. :) Best of all, I didn't run into too much heavy traffic, either on the way there or on the way back home.

Written By: karen on 08/17/16 at 9:49 am

Elizabeth and I went to a hospital yesterday for a consultation and today for a go at straightening her nose.

She had some local anaesthetic and the doctor tried to reposition it but couldn't because it had already set.  So she needs a general anaesthetic and her nose needs to be re-broken to fix it.  I am trying to book the operation soon so the bruising can go down before school starts.

Apparently, despite advice to the contrary, we should have had it straightened within five days of the accident before the bones start to heal.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/16 at 10:54 am

Elizabeth and I went to a hospital yesterday for a consultation and today for a go at straightening her nose.

She had some local anaesthetic and the doctor tried to reposition it but couldn't because it had already set.  So she needs a general anaesthetic and her nose needs to be re-broken to fix it.  I am trying to book the operation soon so the bruising can go down before school starts.

Apparently, despite advice to the contrary, we should have had it straightened within five days of the accident before the bones start to heal.

Oh man. Poor Elizabeth.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 08/17/16 at 12:31 pm

pretty soon I'll be having lunch an seeing my psychologist.  We got papers back from that find work place, but no doctor has asked me to work which is how the forms are set up.  My psychologist has just suggested that I try finding some kind of work so I can be more productive and maybe feel a little better about myself.

I'm just going to be stuck here doing nothing forever :\'(

I'll talk later here about the parodys I was thinking about recording, but might just pass on videos.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/17/16 at 12:44 pm

pretty soon I'll be having lunch an seeing my psychologist.  We got papers back from that find work place, but no doctor has asked me to work which is how the forms are set up.  My psychologist has just suggested that I try finding some kind of work so I can be more productive and maybe feel a little better about myself.

I'll talk later here about the parodys I was thinking about recording, but might just pass on videos.

Most of the full time jobs I got were from starting as a part time job. Did you apply for any part time jobs?

Written By: Howard on 08/17/16 at 2:59 pm

You shouldn't say that, there must be something that you can do.

Written By: annimal on 08/17/16 at 4:23 pm

You know what, my mom started talking about this and now I'm a day ahead of myself.  I'll be seeing my psych tom.  I've never tried to apply for work in the past. 

On Little Red Riding Hood I did my Little Pig Brotherhood  which I thought would be cool because I can sing and then beat on a door to do the drums.  Now I just wrote my new parody to continue an animal saga.  Got some vampire and other Halloween stuff.  I don't really know how to do videos and if I did take all the time to figure it out I don't think putting up a few things on Youtube is going to get me a job as an actor.  I think I'd just like to mess around with you guys here.  As far as a job like something, perhaps I can write a book about how frustrating it has been to live in a world that only seems to want everything to be a certain way. 

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/17/16 at 4:26 pm

I'm homeschooled so we end our school year in August and start in October.

Written By: annimal on 08/17/16 at 4:37 pm

cool  I use to be home schooled from 7th grade and up

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/16 at 4:43 pm

I'm homeschooled so we end our school year in August and start in October.

That seems short for a summer vacation like that. Besides that, it seems way later than when I start school in New York. My city usually starts around early September, since our school years end around late June.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/16 at 5:01 pm

School used to ALWAYS start on the Wednesday after Labor Day. Now, it starts in August. I know there are some schools that have already started.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 08/17/16 at 5:19 pm

They have down here and it's crazy because it still feels like 200. 

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/17/16 at 5:29 pm

That seems short for a summer vacation like that. Besides that, it seems way later than when I start school in New York. My city usually starts around early September, since our school years end around late June.

Well, we usually finish anywhere from the last week of July to the 2nd week of August, and we start around the 4th week of October every year.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/16 at 5:52 pm

Well, we usually finish anywhere from the last week of July to the 2nd week of August, and we start around the 4th week of October every year.

So you usually start around late October? No offense, but that sounds a bit weird. I go to a public high school, but they start earlier than October. Usually around early September.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/17/16 at 6:27 pm

Did you find out what the weird odor came from? ???

Oh, that lol. Nah, I have no clue where it came from. It's gone now, thankfully!

I want to learn how to dance Salsa or Latino dance...so I could fall down like an idiot! Hahaha! ;D ;D

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/17/16 at 6:41 pm

So you usually start around late October? No offense, but that sounds a bit weird. I go to a public high school, but they start earlier than October. Usually around early September.

No offense taken, yeah, when I used to go to public school we finished in early June and started in late August, it's definitely different, but it works.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/16 at 6:45 pm

No offense taken, yeah, when I used to go to public school we finished in early June and started in late August, it's definitely different, but it works.

Yeah. That's usual for most people in the United States for some reason.

Written By: Howard on 08/18/16 at 8:07 am

School used to ALWAYS start on the Wednesday after Labor Day. Now, it starts in August. I know there are some schools that have already started.

Cat

Didn't it always start on a Monday?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/16 at 11:12 am

Nope-the Wednesday after Labor Day.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/18/16 at 12:00 pm

I don't think any school year starts on a Monday. Not even at my schools.

Written By: nally on 08/18/16 at 6:54 pm

School used to ALWAYS start on the Wednesday after Labor Day.

Which is how I think it should still be. Starting BEFORE Labor Day is just not right, imo. (Whether or not it's the first weekday of the month.)

Now, it starts in August. I know there are some schools that have already started.

Cat

Yeah, there are. Which I think is stupid (for lack of a better word). No kid should have to go to school when it's piping hot outside. In some parts of the U.S., it's still above the century mark (Fahrenheit degrees) that it would be so unbearable in classrooms, especially in some that don't have air conditioning. I don't know whose idea it was to start beginning the school year earlier and earlier, but I personally think it has gone too far. And it's only in the last 10 or 12 years that I've noticed this trend.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/16 at 7:07 pm

Which is how I think it should still be. Starting BEFORE Labor Day is just not right, imo. (Whether or not it's the first weekday of the month.)

Yeah, there are. Which I think is stupid (for lack of a better word). No kid should have to go to school when it's piping hot outside. In some parts of the U.S., it's still above the century mark (Fahrenheit degrees) that it would be so unbearable in classrooms, especially in some that don't have air conditioning. I don't know whose idea it was to start beginning the school year earlier and earlier, but I personally think it has gone too far. And it's only in the last 10 or 12 years that I've noticed this trend.

I read that the trend had to do with testing. No Child Left.  ::)  That was the worse education reform EVER!!!! But, I think schools are starting to do away with it-which I hope.

When I was in the 5th grade, I started school in Massachusetts. We moved in the middle of the school year and I finished the year in Connecticut. That year, Connecticut had a massive ice storm so they had many snow days-snow days that needed to be made up at the end of the year which went until the end of June.

Anyway, it was the last two weeks of school we were experiencing a heat wave. We had a REALLY old school (built in the 1800s-in fact, we were the last to attend that school because it closed for good when the year ended). I remember sitting in class sweltering and thinking how unfair it was that I had to sit there because I didn't get off for the ice storm. 

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/18/16 at 7:22 pm

I read that the trend had to do with testing. No Child Left.  ::)  That was the worse education reform EVER!!!! But, I think schools are starting to do away with it-which I hope.

When I was in the 5th grade, I started school in Massachusetts. We moved in the middle of the school year and I finished the year in Connecticut. That year, Connecticut had a massive ice storm so they had many snow days-snow days that needed to be made up at the end of the year which went until the end of June.

Anyway, it was the last two weeks of school we were experiencing a heat wave. We had a REALLY old school (built in the 1800s-in fact, we were the last to attend that school because it closed for good when the year ended). I remember sitting in class sweltering and thinking how unfair it was that I had to sit there because I didn't get off for the ice storm. 

Cat

I'm kinda surprised it wasn't destroyed by the ice storm. Considering it was made in the 1800s and such.

Written By: Ripley on 08/19/16 at 5:39 am

with kids having labor day weekend off it makes no sense to start before

Written By: karen on 08/19/16 at 5:48 am

Cat

The first year we were in CT we had several snows days and late starts in the winter.  After they had calculated the end of school day/time we had some very hot days and in the end the children had a day off school because it was too hot.  Elizabeth's teacher said he had never had a 'heat day' before.

Written By: karen on 08/19/16 at 5:55 am

Elizabeth got her AS results yesterday.  Absolutely fantastic results - all A grades.  She is going to carry on studying all four subjects this coming year.

She has now gone on a school trip to Geneva to visit CERN, the UN headquarters and the International Red Cross Museum.

I still haven't made contact with anyone from the hospital to arrange Elizabeth's op.  I was given one wrong number and the next number I had just goes to voicemail.  I have called several times and left messages. This morning I called the main hospital number again and am waiting for a call back.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/16 at 1:10 pm

I'm kinda surprised it wasn't destroyed by the ice storm. Considering it was made in the 1800s and such.

I just looked it up. The school was opened in 1890 and is STILL standing.

http://historicbuildingsct.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Union-School.jpg

It is now on the National Registry of Historic Buildings but now it is senior housing. (I see a/c window units in the pic.) The funny thing is that the school I went to the following year (just around the corner) is now apartments, too. That town seem to turn old schools into apartments.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/19/16 at 1:35 pm

I just looked it up. The school was opened in 1890 and is STILL standing.

http://historicbuildingsct.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Union-School.jpg

It is now on the National Registry of Historic Buildings but now it is senior housing. (I see a/c window units in the pic.) The funny thing is that the school I went to the following year (just around the corner) is now apartments, too. That town seem to turn old schools into apartments.

Cat

Really? Damn. My elementary school is like 30 or 40 years younger than your one. I'm not sure when it was built, even though I looked at the year numerous times.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/16 at 1:42 pm

Really? Damn. My elementary school is like 30 or 40 years younger than your one. I'm not sure when it was built, even though I looked at the year numerous times.

That was only one of the many schools I went to. (Went to 11 different schools before graduating hs. Went to 6 different colleges.) It was funny that I went to that school the year it closed but I was also went to another school the year it opened.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/19/16 at 2:04 pm

I hope so too. Would be nice for California as well. I don't think kids should be back in the classrooms yet.
This idea of sending kids back to school in August, at least from my point of view, is kinda reminiscent of the "Year Round" schedule that was in effect for the L.A. Unified School District in the early 1990s... in fact, it was on this date 25 years ago that I started the 6th grade. I remember, getting sunburned midway through the week, and then started feeling kinda sick a day later, so I went home early and missed the next day.
Thankfully this "Year Round" schedule (which had a super-long winter break, with the second half starting on the day after Presidents Day; and going all the way til the last day of June) was only implemented for two years (1991-92 and 1992-93), so I was glad to be starting school in September once again, albeit on the day after Labor Day.

Written By: nally on 08/19/16 at 2:06 pm

Yeah, it makes sense for parts of the country that are prone to weather like that. (And in other parts of the world too, I suppose.) So I can understand.

Written By: nally on 08/19/16 at 2:09 pm

I don't think any school year starts on a Monday. Not even at my schools.

I did, twice. The first time: 1985 - I started kindergarten on a Monday, exactly one week after Labor Day. The second time: 1991 - August 19th, as stated two posts above this one.

Other than that, it was either the day after Labor Day, or a week after said day, for the most part. Sometimes the Monday after Labor Day would be an "in service" day, with actual instruction beginning the next day.

Written By: nally on 08/19/16 at 2:13 pm

Most of my K through 12 schools were already "old" in a sense when I attended them, and all of them are still active. I went to several different elementary schools, including a public elementary school that was built sometime in the first half of the 20th century. The others, I think, opened their doors in the 1950s and 1960s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/19/16 at 5:56 pm

I did, twice. The first time: 1985 - I started kindergarten on a Monday, exactly one week after Labor Day. The second time: 1991 - August 19th, as stated two posts above this one.

Other than that, it was either the day after Labor Day, or a week after said day, for the most part. Sometimes the Monday after Labor Day would be an "in service" day, with actual instruction beginning the next day.

That seems pretty off. I don't remember any of my school years starting on a Monday. Considering that I wasn't really that excited to go to school as a kid, you could probably tell why. Most of the first days that I could remember were either Wednesdays or Thursdays. That's pretty much about it.

Most of my K through 12 schools were already "old" in a sense when I attended them, and all of them are still active. I went to several different elementary schools, including a public elementary school that was built sometime in the first half of the 20th century. The others, I think, opened their doors in the 1950s and 1960s.

My elementary school, which I mentioned in an earlier post, was probably built around the 20s or 30s. I'm not exactly sure. For my middle school, it was built around 2009. My high school was built around the early 80s, according to some of my friends and teachers.

Written By: nally on 08/19/16 at 11:00 pm

That seems pretty off. I don't remember any of my school years starting on a Monday. Considering that I wasn't really that excited to go to school as a kid, you could probably tell why. Most of the first days that I could remember were either Wednesdays or Thursdays. That's pretty much about it.

Yeah, sometimes it would start on Wednesday or Thursday of Labor Day week, with Tuesday being an in-service day.

My elementary school, which I mentioned in an earlier post, was probably built around the 20s or 30s. I'm not exactly sure. For my middle school, it was built around 2009. My high school was built around the early 80s, according to some of my friends and teachers.

That's nice. I know for a fact that my high school was built in the early 60s; it opened its doors in 1963. So it was already 30+ years old when I attended it.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/19/16 at 11:27 pm

Here in Missouri the cutoff week for starting school was after Labor Day weekend. But in 1991-92 season it was changed to the 2nd and third week of August.....

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/19/16 at 11:28 pm

Oh yeah. It's been a while..... But I've been busy celebrating preparing to return to college and my moms 51st birthday!! :D :D :D  Wish her well guys! :)

Written By: Howard on 08/20/16 at 7:28 am

Oh yeah. It's been a while..... But I've been busy celebrating preparing to return to college and my moms 51st birthday!! :D :D :D  Wish her well guys! :)

Good Luck in college. :)

Written By: annimal on 08/20/16 at 10:24 am

I'm still looking for a job.

really - more papers more papers more papers.  It doesn't make me feel like this whatever it is wants to really help people.  If they really wanted to find out how to help the person, I don't know why they can't just have an interview with the person.  Then if they cant help me because I haven't broke my leg or something simple like that them that's cool.  My psychologist would like me to try and do something like a job so I'll be more productive, but it doesn't look right now to me if I have much of an option.  I'll just have to be stuck here doing nothing for the rest of my live  :\'(

really also- dam doctors who decide they cant operate on me because yada yada.  We might make a mistake and look bad.  Way back when I had whatever done the doctor said I was going to need work done on my breasts when they developed.  So anyway, I'm going to be turning 64 on Monday

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/16 at 7:51 pm

Elizabeth got her AS results yesterday.  Absolutely fantastic results - all A grades.  She is going to carry on studying all four subjects this coming year.

She has now gone on a school trip to Geneva to visit CERN, the UN headquarters and the International Red Cross Museum.

I still haven't made contact with anyone from the hospital to arrange Elizabeth's op.  I was given one wrong number and the next number I had just goes to voicemail.  I have called several times and left messages. This morning I called the main hospital number again and am waiting for a call back.

I always knew the kid was smart but DAMN!  :o :o that's awesome!!! O0

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/21/16 at 9:29 am

Hi all, just checking in. Been in Thailand a week and three days.  It has  been really great.  Been recovering some and got kinda sick a few days ago. I just can't seem to geyt caught up on sleep

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/21/16 at 2:49 pm

After reading the morning paper, I fired up the computer like I always do. But, couldn't get on-line. My modem was on but not on-line. I called Comcast. Outages in the area.

AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So, I did some creative stuff off-line but man, I was having withdrawals. Luckily it FINALLY came back on-line. I REALLY hate being without internet. Yup, I'm addictive. I admit it.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/21/16 at 3:02 pm

After reading the morning paper, I fired up the computer like I always do. But, couldn't get on-line. My modem was on but not on-line. I called Comcast. Outages in the area.

AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So, I did some creative stuff off-line but man, I was having withdrawals. Luckily it FINALLY came back on-line. I REALLY hate being without internet. Yup, I'm addictive. I admit it.

Cat

So... how long have you been addicted towards the Internet? I could relate.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/21/16 at 3:08 pm

So... how long have you been addicted towards the Internet? I could relate.

Since I got on-line in 2002.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/21/16 at 3:15 pm

Cat

I feel you. I've been on the Internet since 2003 (when I was about 3 and a half).

Written By: Howard on 08/21/16 at 3:22 pm

Hi all, just checking in. Been in Thailand a week and three days.  It has  been really great.  Been recovering some and got kinda sick a few days ago. I just can't seem to geyt caught up on sleep

Hope you feel better. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/21/16 at 3:23 pm

Cat

I've been addicted to the internet for almost 20 years.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/21/16 at 3:26 pm

I've been addicted to the internet for almost 20 years.

The fact that you've used the Internet for 20 years is pretty amazing. Especially when you had to deal with dial-up throughout the late 90s and very early 2000s (2000-2001).

Written By: Howard on 08/21/16 at 3:50 pm

The fact that you've used the Internet for 20 years is pretty amazing. Especially when you had to deal with dial-up throughout the late 90s and very early 2000s (2000-2001).

Dial-Up was a bit annoying.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/21/16 at 4:40 pm

Oh man, dial-up was AWFUL!  We used a local internet when we first went on-line. I kept hearing that they were going to get DSL. So, I sent them an email and got a response, "not in your area at this time." Ok. So, I suffered through another year of dial-up. A next year I sent them another email and got a response, "not in your area at this time." But, if I lived 15 miles down the road I would have had it. I actually talked to a guy from the company because we were having some issues and I complained about not getting DSL. He said that we would be better off going with Comcast. So, we did and have been with them since. I heard all sorts of things about how bad Comcast is but with the exception of this morning, we have had pretty good service from them and I like the speed.

I am now spoiled with the fast Comcast. When we go down to Puerto Rico, we have an AT&T portable hotspot. After having the fast Comcast connection, going with the portable hotspot seems so slow-just not as slow as the dial-up was. 

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/21/16 at 4:55 pm

Oh man, dial-up was AWFUL!  We used a local internet when we first went on-line. I kept hearing that they were going to get DSL. So, I sent them an email and got a response, "not in your area at this time." Ok. So, I suffered through another year of dial-up. A next year I sent them another email and got a response, "not in your area at this time." But, if I lived 15 miles down the road I would have had it. I actually talked to a guy from the company because we were having some issues and I complained about not getting DSL. He said that we would be better off going with Comcast. So, we did and have been with them since. I heard all sorts of things about how bad Comcast is but with the exception of this morning, we have had pretty good service from them and I like the speed.

I am now spoiled with the fast Comcast. When we go down to Puerto Rico, we have an AT&T portable hotspot. After having the fast Comcast connection, going with the portable hotspot seems so slow-just not as slow as the dial-up was. 

Cat

I mostly grew up with broadband Internet, although my family has used dial-up during the early 2000s. I never had any problems with the Internet, unless the computer was crashing or something. I had that problem when my 2000 Dell computer crashed sometimes, and my 5/6 year old self thought it was "stuck" because I was only a little kid at the time. I did have to restart the computer, which wasn't that bad. It was alright after that.

Written By: aja675 on 08/21/16 at 8:54 pm

I mostly grew up with broadband Internet, although my family has used dial-up during the early 2000s. I never had any problems with the Internet, unless the computer was crashing or something. I had that problem when my 2000 Dell computer crashed sometimes, and my 5/6 year old self thought it was "stuck" because I was only a little kid at the time. I did have to restart the computer, which wasn't that bad. It was alright after that.
Do you have any memories of dial-up?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/21/16 at 9:45 pm

Barely. I didn't give a crap about dial-up when I was very young, since I didn't really know the differences between dial-up and broadband. Even the obvious case is that broadband is faster, I didn't really mind about that. It always had to deal if the computer would be okay or not.

Written By: annimal on 08/21/16 at 10:46 pm

Lets see,  I got some lotion and a couple Lantana plants for pre birthday presents,  It will be music class at night and I hope I wont have to listen to them play Happy Birthday again ( they played it to me last Monday).  This is why I will bring my harmonica tomorrow night if I go to music class. I can start playing some other birthday song that doesn't bug me so much. 

Tomorrow morning, I'll try the new lotion to see if it makes it easier to use the keyboard and water my plants if not also take a picture of them. 

Written By: Howard on 08/22/16 at 3:09 pm

Dial-Up was all about waiting for the computer to log on.

Written By: nally on 08/22/16 at 4:05 pm

Dial-Up was all about waiting for the computer to log on.

I remember those days. :-\\

On topic: I had a really nice day yesterday, even though I didn't get to be online very much. :)

Written By: nally on 08/22/16 at 4:07 pm

Sending good thoughts your way, Patty. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Written By: annimal on 08/22/16 at 4:49 pm

looking around here again.  As mentioned in another thread, my double vision has gotten bad and don't think I'll be doing a bunch of pictures with paint shop pro right now. 

Written By: annimal on 08/22/16 at 11:29 pm

I did have to get out my harmonica and start playing (they say it's your birthday) over everyone playing happy birthday  to me.  One of the songs we did was When I'm 64. Oh also I got an e-mail from my brother John.  He had left and went to Mexico to preach. 

I had a fun little birthday here and with my music class too.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/22/16 at 11:34 pm

I did have to get out my harmonica and start playing (they say it's your birthday) over everyone playing happy birthday  to me.  One of the songs we did was When I'm 64. Oh also I got an e-mail from my brother John.  He had left and went to Mexico to preach. 

I had a fun little birthday here and with my music class too.

Sounds like a nice day.  :)

Written By: annimal on 08/22/16 at 11:47 pm

it was  now if I could only find that bandit and get my arcade glasses back.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/22/16 at 11:52 pm

http://images.clipartpanda.com/bandit-clipart-0060-0807-2516-2262_Cowboy_Bandit_clipart_image.jpg

Written By: annimal on 08/23/16 at 10:25 am

is that my bastard?

Written By: annimal on 08/23/16 at 10:56 am

it's probably just a picture. I need to stop crying over this and find something to make me happy

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/23/16 at 11:03 am

http://images.clipartpanda.com/bandit-clipart-0060-0807-2516-2262_Cowboy_Bandit_clipart_image.jpg

I don't get it.  ???

Written By: Ripley on 08/23/16 at 6:41 pm

I'm writing you all from Georgia where I'm currently living. Not sure how long I'll be here. But you guys know why I am. I'm going trying this out. I'm worried, scared, anxious, excited and content all at one time. Not sure what's going to happen for sure as of yet. But I'll let everyone know what all is going on as it comes. I really really miss my mom and pets. It was a hard decision to make. I kept going back and forth in my head of what to do.

Written By: Ripley on 08/23/16 at 6:42 pm

And I took a few buses, had to wait long hours, sit in cramped seats... All that for love

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/16 at 11:32 am

I'm writing you all from Georgia where I'm currently living. Not sure how long I'll be here. But you guys know why I am. I'm going trying this out. I'm worried, scared, anxious, excited and content all at one time. Not sure what's going to happen for sure as of yet. But I'll let everyone know what all is going on as it comes. I really really miss my mom and pets. It was a hard decision to make. I kept going back and forth in my head of what to do.

Sometimes you just have to hold your nose and dive in. You never know where it will lead you. And think of it this way, even if this turns out to not be a good choice, it could lead you to something better. Best of luck to you.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/24/16 at 12:12 pm

Sometimes you just have to hold your nose and dive in. You never know where it will lead you. And think of it this way, even if this turns out to not be a good choice, it could lead you to something better. Best of luck to you.

Cat

My thoughts exactly...wishing you well.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/24/16 at 1:16 pm

Man this first week back has been crazy!!!!! :o :o :o :D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/16 at 3:27 pm

Written By: Ripley on 08/24/16 at 8:20 pm

Cat

Thanks Cat 😊

Written By: Ripley on 08/24/16 at 8:22 pm

My thoughts exactly...wishing you well.

Thanks Jeff ☺

I really have some great friends here!

Written By: Ripley on 08/24/16 at 8:23 pm

Thanks a bunch Howard 😊

Written By: Ripley on 08/25/16 at 9:43 am

All I've been thinking about today is Aaliyah. Was anyone else here a fan?

Written By: nally on 08/25/16 at 11:39 am

Thanks Jeff ☺

I really have some great friends here!

yes you do! :)

Written By: nally on 08/25/16 at 11:40 am

She crossed my mind too, given that today marks 15 years since...well, you know. :\'( I liked some of her early music.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/25/16 at 11:47 am

Wasn't aware (only started actually listening to music besides things like radio in 2014/15) of who she was until last year, I've never tried listening to her music, but I like R&B. What would be the best place to start?

Written By: Ripley on 08/25/16 at 3:22 pm

Wasn't aware (only started actually listening to music besides things like radio in 2014/15) of who she was until last year, I've never tried listening to her music, but I like R&B. What would be the best place to start?

One In A Million is her big major album so check that out!

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/25/16 at 4:27 pm

One In A Million is her big major album so check that out!

Alright, I'll actually go do that right now, thanks :)

Written By: Howard on 08/25/16 at 4:36 pm

I listened to he during the late 90's.

Written By: Ripley on 08/25/16 at 4:48 pm

Alright, I'll actually go do that right now, thanks :)

Cool  ;)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/25/16 at 6:18 pm

It's my father's 57th birthday! :D  Wish him well guys! :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/25/16 at 6:18 pm

It's also my great grandmothers 85th birthday! :)

Written By: annimal on 08/25/16 at 6:28 pm

sorry, but Im out of breath to play any more on my harmonica

Written By: Ripley on 08/25/16 at 9:46 pm

Happy Birthday to him!

Written By: Ripley on 08/25/16 at 9:47 pm

Aww how cool!

Written By: nally on 08/25/16 at 11:40 pm

Happy birthday to your dad!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 1:05 am

Happy birthday to your father!

Written By: Howard on 08/26/16 at 8:21 am

Happy Birthday to your father.  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/16 at 8:22 am

Happy Birthday to your Grandmother. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/26/16 at 6:52 pm

Dealing with depression takes strength, and will power.

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/article_main_image/public/5/44//dsc_0265.jpg?itok=T02Sh1Sy

Written By: nally on 08/26/16 at 6:54 pm

Went to work today (Friday) instead of yesterday, and seemed busier than usual... but that's okay because I got everything done! :)

Written By: Howard on 08/27/16 at 7:37 am

Dealing with depression takes strength, and will power.

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/article_main_image/public/5/44//dsc_0265.jpg?itok=T02Sh1Sy

How are you dealing with it?

Written By: annimal on 08/27/16 at 10:44 pm

In the past I'd been trying to think about what videos we had when I was real little.  Airplane and Airplane 2.  I'll have to see if I can see those again some time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/16 at 10:57 pm

In the past I'd been trying to think about what videos we had when I was real little.  Airplane and Airplane 2.  I'll have to see if I can see those again some time.
I have a boxset of those two films on DVD. Pure classics!

Written By: annimal on 08/28/16 at 11:04 pm

Boxset of DVD's 
Will you let me come and see? 

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/16 at 11:06 pm

Boxset of DVD's 
Will you let me come and see? 
It is a bit difficult right now.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/16 at 11:09 pm

How are you dealing with it?

Better than 9 years ago.  :-X

Written By: annimal on 08/28/16 at 11:14 pm

bla

playing Respect is what I remember the most.

Written By: nally on 08/29/16 at 11:03 am

Had a nice day yesterday, while today I am pretty much staying home.

Written By: karen on 08/30/16 at 3:56 am

Busy weekend again

Elizabeth went away Thursday evening with her expedition group.  She was walking in the North Yorkshire Moors for four days for her Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award. 

On Friday we set off to Yorkshire (only slightly south of where Elizabeth was walking) for a long weekend of camping and orienteering.  Meanwhile James was going for an expedition locally with three other Explorer Scouts from his group.

Everyone survived their energetic weekend.  Dai and I got fed up with the rain (and leaky tent) on Sunday and went to Scarborough (seaside town) for a walk and fish and chips.  Dai managed to come third overall in his age class race, second in the sprints and was part of the winning relay team.  This event always gives mugs as prizes so we have three more to find cupboard space for.

Written By: annimal on 08/30/16 at 10:38 am

It seems that something is really asking me to ask my mom if she knows what it is that starts a wild fire between us the next time we go to psy.  I wouldn't mind knowing that and never seeing her again if she does indeed not seem to make any attempt to try listening to me.  The time seems to have come.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/16 at 11:48 am

So, this morning I paid a bill and put it outside for go out in the mail. Maybe 15 minutes to a half hour later, I went back toward the door because I keep my CDs on shelves on each side of the door. (I like listening to music as I do the dishes.) About a half an hour later, I went to get the mail-and there in front of the door was a dead mouse.  :o :o :o  I was JUST there-TWICE! There was no mouse each time. It is possible that it was there and I just didn't SEE it but I doubt that. Either one of my mousers dropped it there or he crawled there and died within that short period of time.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 08/31/16 at 10:04 am

This morning I had breakfast and came here so far.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/16 at 1:46 pm

Meanwhile in the rat cave.....

Written By: annimal on 08/31/16 at 3:33 pm

that smell?  can you smell that smell?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/16 at 6:08 pm

that smell?  can you smell that smell?

Dead rats??

Written By: annimal on 08/31/16 at 8:44 pm

Does that quite astound you?

Written By: nally on 08/31/16 at 10:22 pm

Today I didn't do anything eventful, other than go shopping for food that I'm gonna need while my family goes away for a two-week trip starting this Friday (which I will talk about in more detail in the September thread).

Written By: Ripley on 08/31/16 at 10:36 pm

Today I didn't do anything eventful, other than go shopping for food that I'm gonna need while my family goes away for a two-week trip starting this Friday (which I will talk about in more detail in the September thread).

I hope they have fun! What kind of food are you going to eat?

Written By: nally on 08/31/16 at 10:38 pm

I hope they have fun! What kind of food are you going to eat?

Things I know how to cook well, such as certain meats and frozen fish. All the healthy stuff. Today I even made a preliminary list of meals to prepare on certain days.

Written By: Ripley on 08/31/16 at 10:40 pm

Things I know how to cook well, such as certain meats and frozen fish. All the healthy stuff. Today I even made a preliminary list of meals to prepare on certain days.

Cool do you ever make homemade pizza?

Written By: nally on 08/31/16 at 10:41 pm

I have done so, on at least two occasions. :)

The first time I did it, was three years ago, right before my parents went away on their first long trip.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/16 at 10:54 pm

Many a time, with a pre-prepared base.

Written By: Ripley on 08/31/16 at 11:09 pm

I have done so, on at least two occasions. :)

The first time I did it, was three years ago, right before my parents went away on their first long trip.

Yummy

Written By: Ripley on 08/31/16 at 11:11 pm

I use the Chef Boyardee sauce but I've had a real homemade sauce from my aunt. She's Sicilian so she makes a lot of authentic stuff.

Written By: nally on 08/31/16 at 11:17 pm

I use the Chef Boyardee sauce but I've had a real homemade sauce from my aunt. She's Sicilian so she makes a lot of authentic stuff.

Ooh, nice! My mom is half Italian; her mother's ancestors hailed from Sicily. In addition, my mom learned how to make a sauce from her mother's recipe; I have watched my mom prepare such a sauce but am still having trouble remembering the sequence of steps...but I have confidence that someday I'll get it.

Written By: nally on 08/31/16 at 11:18 pm

Yummy

Yep, and I also cooked a pizza for my parents on Valentines Day in 2014, after they decided not to go out for dinner. (So I made them a dinner instead!)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/01/16 at 12:24 pm

I am really glad you made it safe.  I had been wondering.  I didn't have any money until today to put towards your flight.  Yeah I can empathize with missing your pets.  I miss my furrbaby too.  Hope your husband is doing better.

Written By: annimal on 09/01/16 at 1:05 pm

cooking is one of those things I never did because you  might no why.  Tomato's being a little acidy on me and me finding out I do good with peppers, maybe I can get myself to try doing something with them some time.   

Written By: Ripley on 09/01/16 at 2:00 pm

Ooh, nice! My mom is half Italian; her mother's ancestors hailed from Sicily. In addition, my mom learned how to make a sauce from her mother's recipe; I have watched my mom prepare such a sauce but am still having trouble remembering the sequence of steps...but I have confidence that someday I'll get it.

I'd like to make my own sauce too 😜

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/01/16 at 2:29 pm

Wish me luck guys! I've got a physical science quiz in a few hours..... :o :o :o

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/01/16 at 2:30 pm

I don't mean to get off topic, but how is it currently living in Georgia? :o 

Written By: Howard on 09/01/16 at 3:17 pm

I use two slices of bread, tomato sauce, cheese and toppings.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/16 at 3:18 pm

Wish me luck guys! I've got a physical science quiz in a few hours..... :o :o :o

Written By: Ripley on 09/01/16 at 4:13 pm

I don't mean to get off topic, but how is it currently living in Georgia? :o

I'm homesick :'(

Written By: Ripley on 09/01/16 at 4:14 pm

I use two slices of bread, tomato sauce, cheese and toppings.

That works!

Written By: nally on 09/01/16 at 6:04 pm

So would I, not only so that I would know how to do it on my own, but also to potentially impress a young lady friend!

Written By: Ripley on 09/01/16 at 9:45 pm

So would I, not only so that I would know how to do it on my own, but also to potentially impress a young lady friend!

Women love when men can cook 😉

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/02/16 at 12:04 am

I'm homesick :'(

Yea, I can tell you miss Kansas City. But look on the bright side, you might run into Marquis(Mq96) there!  ;D :)
Btw, Are you a royals fans? :o

Written By: Howard on 09/02/16 at 8:06 am

That works!

that's the easy way.

Written By: nally on 09/02/16 at 11:42 am

Absolutely right. 8) This past Sunday, I even told a lady friend of mine that I'd like to cook something for her someday. In fact, I mentioned that my mom knows how to make a really good pasta sauce; my friend, whose family is from Mexico, wanted to get the recipe from me someday so that she could try it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/16 at 11:54 am

Totally. I tell everyone that I have my own personal chef and most women are jealous.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 09/02/16 at 6:34 pm

Yea, I can tell you miss Kansas City. But look on the bright side, you might run into Marquis(Mq96) there!  ;D :)

He lives here? I think he's married with a few kids though  ;D

Written By: Ripley on 09/02/16 at 6:37 pm

You are talking about Marques Houston right?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/03/16 at 3:02 am

You are talking about Marques Houston right?

Um... No!  ;D ;D ;D
I'm talking bout fellow user Mq96. ::)

Written By: Ripley on 09/03/16 at 4:43 pm

Um... No!  ;D ;D ;D
I'm talking bout fellow user Mq96. ::)

OK lol sorry I don't know where most people on here live.

Check for new replies or respond here...