inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Things You rave About That Others Don't Like

Written By: Ripley on 08/01/16 at 4:02 pm

The opposite of the long standing topic most recently posted on yesterday. Do you like something that others hate?

For me I've always enjoyed Mondays. I totally understand why others don't cause of all those that don't work weekends. But for me weekends have sucked since being in retail.

The reason I like Mondays so much is cause it was one of my mom's days off and so we would get my Grandma and go shopping. This started after I got out of high school. Every week. We would even have an order. Bread store was always first. Then if we needed to go to the mall it was next. Followed by other stores like Target and KMart which we didn't always need to go to depending on what my Grandma needed. But we always went to the bread store. I would get a zinger snack every time! Next was always Goodwill. Then we ate. It was most of the time Long John Silvers or Taco Bell. After that we went to Walmart and Sam's. These were definite stops. Then we headed home. I really miss these days. But with work and other life events, good and bad, getting in the way it has been hard to do.

Subject: Re: Things You rave About That Others Don't Like

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/16 at 4:30 pm

Green peas and brown rice ;D

Taking the train to work instead of a car, or biking to nearby distances instead of driving. I'm environmentalist  :-X

Oh I can see why you like Mondays. I think most people are complaining about the start of the workweek and coming back from the weekend, rather than Monday itself  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/01/16 at 4:54 pm

Brussel sprouts.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 08/01/16 at 9:50 pm

I have to have a perfect part in my hair. When it messes up I get pissy lol most people I think could care less

Written By: 80sfan on 08/03/16 at 4:14 pm

I wouldn't call it totally disliked or hated, but it's not like wildly popular, like Harry Potter, or Star Wars, or whatever. I love the Halloween movie series, yes ALL of the movies, even the ones with horrible plots and bad acting.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/03/16 at 5:22 pm

Is it possible to say that I like some of the Disney direct-to-DVD sequels, even though most people hate them with a passion?

Written By: Ripley on 08/03/16 at 9:34 pm

I wouldn't call it totally disliked or hated, but it's not like wildly popular, like Harry Potter, or Star Wars, or whatever. I love the Halloween movie series, yes ALL of the movies, even the ones with horrible plots and bad acting.

H20 is my favorite! Most people don't like that one. Its totally underrated though. And Josh Hartnett is dreamy 😍😗

Written By: Ripley on 08/03/16 at 9:36 pm

Is it possible to say that I like some of the Disney direct-to-DVD sequels, even though most people hate them with a passion?

I know that's true. Also most DCOMS (Disney Channel Original Movies) people hate. Most of the new ones from the later years are bad. But the older ones like Brink and Under wraps are awesome!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/16 at 11:00 pm

I like writing on my secret blog. It's a secret.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/16 at 11:02 pm

I like writing on my secret blog. It's a secret.  :)
...it is not so secret now?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/16 at 11:03 pm

...it is not so secret now?

I haven't told you the web address.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/16 at 11:06 pm

Reading about the economy. It's boring to a lot of people.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/16 at 11:12 pm

I haven't told you the web address.  :)
O0

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/16 at 11:17 pm

^ ^

You're half right. It's not a secret anymore. But the website address is still a secret.  8)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/21/16 at 9:41 am

I know that's true. Also most DCOMS (Disney Channel Original Movies) people hate. Most of the new ones from the later years are bad. But the older ones like Brink and Under wraps are awesome!

I never really cared about the DCOMS, except for High School Musical. That one was kinda lame, but it was around the time when they found Hannah Montana to be profitable towards their company.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/25/16 at 11:49 am

The Star Wars prequels are amazing, I don't care what others say, I love them  :D

Written By: Starlighter on 08/29/16 at 7:21 pm

I like the third "Mummy" movie with Brendan Frasier and Jet Li.  I thought it was good. 

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/29/16 at 7:23 pm

I like the third "Mummy" movie with Brendan Frasier and Jet Li.  I thought it was good.

Hmm, I thought it wasn't very good personally, never knew it got hate though. Although, I never liked any of the Mummy movies, so that could explain it.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/21/16 at 6:57 pm

The SimCity series. SimCity 4 is one of my favourite games and I still play it regularly. Unfortunately, most people aren't interested in city building games, which means that it takes several years for a new release in the series. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/28/16 at 2:53 am

Hmm, I thought it wasn't very good personally, never knew it got hate though. Although, I never liked any of the Mummy movies, so that could explain it.
It was the same for me, I was not impressed with the Mummy movies.

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/17 at 4:28 pm

Professional Wrestling

1980s UK adverts

Takeshi's Castle

Vintage TV guides

Written By: Ripley on 02/11/17 at 11:30 pm

Vintage TV guides and any vintage magazine are awesome!

Check for new replies or respond here...