inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please Vote For My Photos

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/16 at 2:08 pm

As I stated in the thread in the photo section, I was going to join the Weather Channel's photo contest-I have.

https://weather.com/photos/contest

Just plug in CatwomanofV in the search mode and my 8 pics will come up. You can vote once a day.

Please help me out. Thanks.

Cat

Subject: Re: Please Vote For My Photos

Written By: loki 13 on 08/06/16 at 6:01 pm

I voted, I really hope you do well.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/06/16 at 10:49 pm

Trying to vote now. My notebook is really not letting me do much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/16 at 8:30 pm

Well, it looks like Loki is the only one who voted.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  BTW, you can vote again-once every 24 hours.

I really thought that I could count on people here but I guess I can't.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 08/08/16 at 6:53 pm

Voted again, I didn't get a chance to yesterday but I will try my best to get a vote in everyday.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/16 at 7:02 pm

Voted again, I didn't get a chance to yesterday but I will try my best to get a vote in everyday.

Thank you so much. It seems like you are the only one here that I can count on.

Cat

Written By: meesa on 08/08/16 at 7:16 pm

Somehow I missed this!! I have voted for you!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/16 at 7:25 pm

Somehow I missed this!! I have voted for you!

Thanks. I owe you karma-24 hour rule.

Cat

Written By: meesa on 08/08/16 at 7:52 pm

Thanks. I owe you karma-24 hour rule.

Cat

Not worried about the karma. I am sharing the link with trusted friends so they can go vote too. My circle is small but they have very good taste! One friend of mine that takes nature pics was amazed you could get a hummingbird like that; Holly says she can never nail it down. LOL  :)

Written By: 2001 on 08/08/16 at 11:21 pm

Voted for the turtle. I'll try to vote again tomorrow :)

Written By: karen on 08/09/16 at 5:18 am

I voted and nearly shared the link via Facebook, but thought I'd better check here first.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/09/16 at 5:19 am

I voted for turtle guy the other day, but like I said, my notebook isn't compatible with a lot of stuff I want to do.  I have told my friends and family to vote as well.

Gonna try to vote again.  It said it accepted the vote before, and wouldn't let me vote for another right away...  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/16 at 11:18 am

Thanks, everyone. And yes, it is ok to share it. I'm sure I don't have a chance but it is nice to at least try.

I think next year I will only submit one pic-that way everyone's votes won't be spread out. I didn't think of that when I submitted. Oh well. Live and learn.

Thanks again, everyone.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 08/09/16 at 7:29 pm

Cat, I changed my vote to your photo that has the most votes. They are all worthy so I might as
well load up on the one.

I would share it on my Facebook but I don't think it would do any good. I only have one friend and she is 11.  :-[ ;D

Written By: gibbo on 08/09/16 at 11:28 pm

Tried to vote but it wants a facebook login ... and I am not (or ever will be) on facebook.  Is there another way?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/16 at 10:35 am

Tried to vote but it wants a facebook login ... and I am not (or ever will be) on facebook.  Is there another way?

Not that I know of. That is what I don't like about this. I'm sure everyone here knows how much I hate Facebook-and like you I can't even vote for my own pics.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  That is why I have to count on friends.

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 12:13 pm

Voted again, for the hummingbird this time since that now has 16 votes!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/16 at 1:00 pm

I voted for that bird pick. Is it a raven?  ???

Written By: loki 13 on 08/10/16 at 6:51 pm

I used to feel the same way but I have a Facebook account because of my granddaughter. I am the only one
she will open up to and since her dad won't let her on the phone it is the only way she can communicate with
me during the week. I signed up for her, she is my one and only Facebook friend. I have had the account for
4 months and have had 0 friend request, says a lot, huh!

Written By: karen on 08/11/16 at 4:02 am

I used to feel the same way but I have a Facebook account because of my granddaughter. I am the only one
she will open up to and since her dad won't let her on the phone it is the only way she can communicate with
me during the week. I signed up for her, she is my one and only Facebook friend. I have had the account for

When you first start you have to friend request a few people first.  There are two inthe00s groups out there (I forget why there are two)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/16 at 4:28 am

Not that I know of. That is what I don't like about this. I'm sure everyone here knows how much I hate Facebook-and like you I can't even vote for my own pics.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  That is why I have to count on friends.

Cat
Is the log-in safe, for there are some unscrupulous log-in to Facebook sites which can end up with your FB account being hacked?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/16 at 10:46 am

Is the log-in safe, for there are some unscrupulous log-in to Facebook sites which can end up with your FB account being hacked?

I think it is. The Weather Channel is a reputable site.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 9:00 am

Cat
O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/16 at 9:05 am

Cat
Done and dusted!

Written By: gibbo on 08/15/16 at 10:38 pm

Interesting ... I joined for around 3 months (about 4 years ago) to try to support an old friend who was suffering from depression. However, I never really learned how to get the best out of the application and really didn't like people wanting to 'friend' me. Facebook definitely can be of use when used intelligently!

Basically, I'm a grumpy old bastard who does not want too much contact with other humans!  >:(  I don't give new people a chance. Yep ... not right, I know ... but I'm getting worse as I get older. I would change if I didn't enjoy my solitude so much. Selfish, selfish, selfish! :-\\

Written By: loki 13 on 08/17/16 at 6:59 pm

Interesting ... I joined for around 3 months (about 4 years ago) to try to support an old friend who was suffering from depression. However, I never really learned how to get the best out of the application and really didn't like people wanting to 'friend' me. Facebook definitely can be of use when used intelligently!

Basically, I'm a grumpy old bastard who does not want too much contact with other humans!  >:(  I don't give new people a chance. Yep ... not right, I know ... but I'm getting worse as I get older. I would change if I didn't enjoy my solitude so much. Selfish, selfish, selfish! :-\\

The feeling is mutual. When I was younger I used to wonder why old people were so damn miserable. Then I became
old and it became clear, we are so tired of dealing with everyday stupid. Just leave me alone and be stupid someplace
else.

I am still voting Cat. I also have my wife and granddaughter voting as well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/16 at 7:10 pm

The feeling is mutual. When I was younger I used to wonder why old people were so damn miserable. Then I became
old and it became clear, we are so tired of dealing with everyday stupid. Just leave me alone and be stupid someplace
else.

I am still voting Cat. I also have my wife and granddaughter voting as well.

Thanks so much. I really do appreciate it.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 08/28/16 at 7:49 am

Cat, is the voting over? I haven't been able to vote for the past 3 days.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/16 at 10:22 am

Cat, is the voting over? I haven't been able to vote for the past 3 days.

I think so. The winner will be announced on Sept. 12th. What bothers me about this contest is that it seems not to be based on the quality of your photo but how many friends you have on Facebook. Maybe the "real" judges will select based on quality not quantity. But we will see.

Anyway, thanks for voting.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/16 at 3:57 pm

Not even in the finals.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Thanks everyone who voted.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/16 at 7:37 pm

Not even in the finals.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Thanks everyone who voted.

Cat
O0

Please let us know when another competition occurs?

Check for new replies or respond here...