inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Super September thread for 2016!

Written By: nally on 08/31/16 at 10:15 pm

The month of September is upon us... (although in some parts of the world it is still August 31 as I type this). You know the drill!!

White rabbits!

Subject: Re: The Super September thread for 2016!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/16 at 10:16 pm

White rabbits!
ditto!

Written By: Ripley on 08/31/16 at 10:32 pm

A few more minutes for me. This month will be an interesting one. I've been keeping mum on how things are going. But crazy is a good word for it. As far as my fiance's health, one moment it's good, the next it's not. As for me, well I'm having icky feelings about my choice to come. I really think I should have waited. Now I'm debating here and home. I'm not digging his mom's way of doing things but I know if I were to come here later it might be slightly better. If you want to know the details about that let me know, I would be glad to vent. But more so, I'm homesick. I miss my mom and pets and neice, sister and grandparents. But I'm 31 so I should be grown up enough to be able to deal with it. I feel like such a baby but I need my mama 😢If I don't start living here now I will have the same feelings about all later when I come back. One worry I have is we will fall apart if long distance again. He's still in the hospital. He doesn't have much energy to be on the phone so we would have low communication and communication is an important thing, especially when you're living apart. But I just feel I'm not quit ready to live here.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/16 at 10:32 pm

Have a snake September!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xE0MAYOXJpw/maxresdefault.jpg

Written By: Ripley on 08/31/16 at 10:38 pm

Have a snake September!

Wow :o
Usually I don't mind snakes unless I'm close to a venomous one but certainly not pictures. But this jumped right at me! ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/16 at 10:41 pm

Wow :o
Usually I don't mind snakes unless I'm close to a venomous one but certainly not pictures. But this jumped right at me! ;D

I don't make sense, sometimes.  :D  :D

Written By: nally on 08/31/16 at 10:42 pm

A few more minutes for me. This month will be an interesting one. I've been keeping mum on how things are going. But crazy is a good word for it. As far as my fiance's health, one moment it's good, the next it's not. As for me, well I'm having icky feelings about my choice to come. I really think I should have waited. Now I'm debating here and home. I'm not digging his mom's way of doing things but I know if I were to come here later it might be slightly better. If you want to know the details about that let me know, I would be glad to vent. But more so, I'm homesick. I miss my mom and pets and neice, sister and grandparents. But I'm 31 so I should be grown up enough to be able to deal with it. I feel like such a baby but I need my mama 😢If I don't start living here now I will have the same feelings about all later when I come back. One worry I have is we will fall apart if long distance again. He's still in the hospital. He doesn't have much energy to be on the phone so we would have low communication and communication is an important thing, especially when you're living apart. But I just feel I'm not quit ready to live here.

All I can say is, take things one step at a time; I'm sure you'll get through everything in one way or another. Best of luck in everything.

Written By: Ripley on 08/31/16 at 11:12 pm

All I can say is, take things one step at a time; I'm sure you'll get through everything in one way or another. Best of luck in everything.

Thanks Jeff  :)

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/01/16 at 12:55 am

Have a snake September!

No thank you, snakes terrify me! Then again, a lot of things terrify me.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/01/16 at 1:07 pm

Hang in there.  It is really difficult to live with a mother figure after living with someone else for awhile.  Heck, I really hated living with my mom for the past 6 months or so.  I wish you lots of luck in deciding what to do.

Written By: annimal on 09/01/16 at 1:18 pm

[/quote

Some words from me  that can not be understood

Written By: 80sfan on 09/01/16 at 1:37 pm

:D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/01/16 at 1:49 pm

I happen to feel neutral over September this year. It just feels like 2016, but I feel like it's not there that much.

Written By: Ripley on 09/01/16 at 1:57 pm

Hang in there.  It is really difficult to live with a mother figure after living with someone else for awhile.  Heck, I really hated living with my mom for the past 6 months or so.  I wish you lots of luck in deciding what to do.

I've lived with my own mom for years but to me she's much more than a mother figure. A best friend. His mom is a clean freak. By that I don't mean just neat and tidy but clean the actual vaccum every time its used. Obsessive. I'm really into organization, not a neat freak per say. But definitely not like her with her cleaning everything everyday. I can't be that way. She makes schedules and checklists for herself and thinks I'll actually convert! That's not even normal for housewife's! Beyond that she can be very controlling.

Written By: nally on 09/01/16 at 6:06 pm

Right now my parents are packing everything they need to go on their two-week trip, which begins early tomorrow morning! They will be leaving the house very early (by 4am; a shuttle is picking them up) and they will fly to Barcelona, Spain, and board a cruise ship that will visit various ports, mostly in Italy. So I'll be on my own for that time! :D

Written By: Ripley on 09/01/16 at 9:44 pm

Right now my parents are packing everything they need to go on their two-week trip, which begins early tomorrow morning! They will be leaving the house very early (by 4am; a shuttle is picking them up) and they will fly to Barcelona, Spain, and board a cruise ship that will visit various ports, mostly in Italy. So I'll be on my own for that time! :D

Are you going to throw a party at your house? Please invite me! 😁 :D

Written By: annimal on 09/01/16 at 9:49 pm

last September at some time was when I saw a buckeye, Red Admiral, and some other butterflies migrate through and eat of a butterfly bush I use to have.  I ought to think about getting me another one some time soon.

Written By: meesa on 09/01/16 at 10:15 pm

Yay, the 'Ber months are finally here! Bring on the pumpkin spice, harvest colors, leaves starting to change color soon and AUTUMN. Love it.

September begins the busy season for me. Youngest is back to school as of today for his junior year in HS, daughter is sophomore in college and already knee deep in studies..my boss has things to attend to away from the office frequently this time of year so I will be filling in for her anytime she is out off and on these next couple of months. My crocheting will kick back into full swing, planning another charity blanket to raffle off for the adopt a family program for the holidays.

I love this time of year and the months to come...leaves are starting to fall here -just a few -but to me that COUNTS towards Autumn coming soon. There is a nice chill in the air outside tonight and it is so quiet and just plain lovely; it just says "Fall is coming...it's coming", on my back patio hanging from the guttering is the orb weaver that  spins a web nightly and is gone by morning. I leave her alone as she isn't hurting me where she is, and she is industrious tonight with a huge web. The neighbors cat was hiding under their car and I could see it's eyes glowing at me (hope it is the cat!). I would love to stay outside and enjoy the cool air, but it is past bedtime and 5 AM comes around really quickly.

Labor day weekend is coming up, can't wait!

Written By: karen on 09/02/16 at 2:30 am

Elizabeth is just about to start her last year of school.  She is currently considering which universities she will apply to.

Yesterday we drove to Durham for a brief tour of their chemistry department and a look around the town.  Elizabeth really liked it and I think it is probably second on her UK list.

I am tired today - it was a long drive yesterday, made worse by a road closure so we were stuck in queueing traffic for a while.

Written By: Howard on 09/02/16 at 8:03 am

I wish them a good trip. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/02/16 at 8:05 am

Yay, the 'Ber months are finally here! Bring on the pumpkin spice, harvest colors, leaves starting to change color soon and AUTUMN. Love it.

September begins the busy season for me. Youngest is back to school as of today for his junior year in HS, daughter is sophomore in college and already knee deep in studies..my boss has things to attend to away from the office frequently this time of year so I will be filling in for her anytime she is out off and on these next couple of months. My crocheting will kick back into full swing, planning another charity blanket to raffle off for the adopt a family program for the holidays.

I love this time of year and the months to come...leaves are starting to fall here -just a few -but to me that COUNTS towards Autumn coming soon. There is a nice chill in the air outside tonight and it is so quiet and just plain lovely; it just says "Fall is coming...it's coming", on my back patio hanging from the guttering is the orb weaver that  spins a web nightly and is gone by morning. I leave her alone as she isn't hurting me where she is, and she is industrious tonight with a huge web. The neighbors cat was hiding under their car and I could see it's eyes glowing at me (hope it is the cat!). I would love to stay outside and enjoy the cool air, but it is past bedtime and 5 AM comes around really quickly.

Labor day weekend is coming up, can't wait!

I'm looking forward to autumn, August was such a hot month.

Written By: annimal on 09/02/16 at 9:54 am

lets see, the walking cancer group  is starting again on the 8th so I'll probably start doing that again.  Was seing my psy on thursdays but not sure if I still will be or not.  Music was on monday night.  I may decide to join the cancer art class to spend more time away from my mom when I can join that.  I'll have to see about this.  If I do start doing art though right now, that will make my arm sore for a day or two so I wouldn't be coming here as much.

Written By: nally on 09/02/16 at 11:43 am

Are you going to throw a party at your house? Please invite me! :D

Aren't you kinda far from California, though? ;) :D

Written By: nally on 09/02/16 at 11:43 am

I wish them a good trip. :)

Thank you. They left the house at 3:30 this morning; I even got up to send them off and wish them a good trip.

Then I went back to bed for another couple hours or so.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/16 at 11:59 am

I get this email from a friend of mine a few days ago. She will be in the state and wants to come for a visit. She is coming tomorrow. I haven't seen her in about 30 years!  :o :o :o (Hard to believe it has been that long.). I have known her ALL my life. I remember going to her 4th birthday party and she is older than I am (by a few months). We were in Brownies together. My mother & her mother were best friends and her mother is my Godmother (but I don't speak to her mother anymore because of something that she said which I took GREAT offense to).

Cat

Written By: TheKid99 on 09/02/16 at 1:05 pm

Been quite a busy and great start to my September.

AP US Gov, Algebra II, Religion III, Contemporary Drama, College Readiness, Physics and World Geography are all classes I am taking this year.

My workplace implemented new style of shifts that are much longer. Sigh. I worked 7-11 yesterday and will be working 5-1AM today, sigh. At least I am keeping up on my school work for the most part, which is good. I have a 3.07 GPA because of my grades dropping in my first semester of Sophomore Year.

Claires lungs, liver and kidneys have failed and she is waiting on a liver transplant. She is currently on life support..... sigh. :(

Written By: Howard on 09/02/16 at 2:33 pm

Thank you. They left the house at 3:30 this morning; I even got up to send them off and wish them a good trip.

Then I went back to bed for another couple hours or so.

How long will they be gone for?

Written By: Howard on 09/02/16 at 2:34 pm

AP US Gov, Algebra II, Religion III, Contemporary Drama, College Readiness, Physics and World Geography are all classes I am taking this year.

My workplace implemented new style of shifts that are much longer. Sigh. I worked 7-11 yesterday and will be working 5-1AM today, sigh. At least I am keeping up on my school work for the most part, which is good. I have a 3.07 GPA because of my grades dropping in my first semester of Sophomore Year.

Claires lungs, liver and kidneys have failed and she is waiting on a liver transplant. She is currently on life support..... sigh. :(

I hope she gets her liver.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/02/16 at 2:37 pm

That seems sad for your personal life.

Written By: Ripley on 09/02/16 at 3:23 pm

Aren't you kinda far from California, though? ;) :D

I'm clear on the other side of the country! But maybe I can teleport!

Written By: Ripley on 09/02/16 at 3:31 pm

The hurricane is not far from me. It's heading NE so its going out of my way. But I'm very close to being in it's path. It all depends on how far inland it gets. But I was talking to my friend. She lives off the coast of NC. It will have a higher chance of effecting her. But she was telling me that she thinks there is a chance for flooding in my area. It is expected to rain soon. And comparing yesterday's heat to the coolness of today. That's definitely an effect. I have this weird thing where I can feel storms in the air too. And I feel it. I'll keep everyone updated. But please keep us in your thoughts. And Cat, Howard and NewYorkEagle... Anyone else on the East Coast... You're in my thoughts.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/02/16 at 4:33 pm

Hey Ripley; I'm curious... Are you a Royals fan?  :o
Reason I asked is because you're form Kansas City yourself. :)

Written By: Ripley on 09/02/16 at 6:31 pm

Hey Ripley; I'm curious... Are you a Royals fan?  :o
Reason I asked is because you're form Kansas City yourself. :)

I'm actually further South than that 😛

But I'm one of those rare people that doesn't root for the home team lol well except for local sports like our minor league baseball and then our hockey team.

I rarely pay attention to sports but here are all the teams I've rooted for and my present day picks!

Basketball: As a young kid, around 1992, I was really into the NBA. I thought MJ was a badass so I was a fan of The Bulls. Rodman was weird but I thought he was cool. Pippen was always a sore loser when they lost and a cocky one at that. As I got older I became a fan of Magic. Shaq was cool. I will still root for them.

Baseball: I rarely payed attention to professional just our minor league team in my city which has since changed names and owner. Now they're not as good but back in the day they were great! I went to several games! But if I had to choose a present team I'd say the Yankees.

Football: As a kid I wasn't that into it but cause of Ace Ventura I love the Dolphins. Dan Marino is ovcourse my favorite quarterback of all time. They may not be big time anymore but they're still my team.

Hockey: Pro hockey I don't pay attention to. But our local minor league team I like.

College Football: Gators! I never payed attention to college football before 2014 though.

College Basketball: I used to go for KU. At one point I was obsessed with the sport. Me obsessed with a sport? Lol But I go for WSU as I always have as well as now the Gators.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/16 at 7:23 pm

Wish them a safe trip, and make sure they visit La Sagrada Familia (the famous church) in Barcelona. My family have been several times, I have not.

Written By: nally on 09/02/16 at 10:57 pm

I'm clear on the other side of the country! But maybe I can teleport!

I thought so! ;)

How long will they be gone for?

12 days. They come back on the 14th, late in the evening.

Written By: nally on 09/02/16 at 10:58 pm

The hurricane is not far from me. It's heading NE so its going out of my way. But I'm very close to being in it's path. It all depends on how far inland it gets. But I was talking to my friend. She lives off the coast of NC. It will have a higher chance of effecting her. But she was telling me that she thinks there is a chance for flooding in my area. It is expected to rain soon. And comparing yesterday's heat to the coolness of today. That's definitely an effect. I have this weird thing where I can feel storms in the air too. And I feel it. I'll keep everyone updated. But please keep us in your thoughts. And Cat, Howard and NewYorkEagle... Anyone else on the East Coast... You're in my thoughts.

I was wondering about the hurricane when I saw news about it on the TV this morning. Hope everyone in that direction is okay, including you. :)

Written By: nally on 09/02/16 at 11:01 pm

Wish them a safe trip, and make sure they visit La Sagrada Familia (the famous church) in Barcelona. My family have been several times, I have not.

Thank you. Not sure if they plan to go there; in fact, I'm not even sure if they'll have time to, given that they need to get on the ship at a certain hour tomorrow. The itinerary is all planned out.

Right now, they're probably somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, due to arrive in Barcelona in a couple hours or so. Their first plane flew from LAX to Atlanta, getting there in the afternoon local time; soon thereafter they got on the second plane.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/16 at 1:58 am

Thank you. Not sure if they plan to go there; in fact, I'm not even sure if they'll have time to, given that they need to get on the ship at a certain hour tomorrow. The itinerary is all planned out.

Right now, they're probably somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, due to arrive in Barcelona in a couple hours or so. Their first plane flew from LAX to Atlanta, getting there in the afternoon local time; soon thereafter they got on the second plane.
O0

Written By: Howard on 09/03/16 at 7:49 am

New York has a Tropical Storm Watch.

Written By: nally on 09/03/16 at 11:20 am

O0

Right now, they should be sailing away (out of port in Barcelona). Tomorrow they'll reach their first port of call, Cartagena.

Btw, they called me last night (early morning in Spain) to tell me that they arrived safely, and that their flight got to Barcelona a few minutes ahead of schedule! (It was due to arrive at 8:25am local time, which is 11:25pm back home, where I am.)

Written By: Ripley on 09/03/16 at 4:28 pm

New York has a Tropical Storm Watch.

Stay Safe!

Written By: Howard on 09/03/16 at 4:36 pm

Stay Safe!

I don't know how much rain we'll get but I'll let you guys know.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/16 at 5:27 pm

I get this email from a friend of mine a few days ago. She will be in the state and wants to come for a visit. She is coming tomorrow. I haven't seen her in about 30 years!  :o :o :o (Hard to believe it has been that long.). I have known her ALL my life. I remember going to her 4th birthday party and she is older than I am (by a few months). We were in Brownies together. My mother & her mother were best friends and her mother is my Godmother (but I don't speak to her mother anymore because of something that she said which I took GREAT offense to).

Cat

Had a WONDERFUL visit-but a bit short with my friend. I figured it out, it was only 25 years since we last saw each other-not 30. Still a long time. Hopefully, we won't go that long before we see each other again.

Cat

Written By: meesa on 09/03/16 at 6:20 pm

Had a WONDERFUL visit-but a bit short with my friend. I figured it out, it was only 25 years since we last saw each other-not 30. Still a long time. Hopefully, we won't go that long before we see each other again.

Cat

Glad it was fun! It must be so strange-but wonderful- to see a friend after that long of a time. :)

Written By: meesa on 09/03/16 at 6:22 pm

There was a 5.6 earthquake in north/central oklahoma today at 7 this morning, several of my friends say they felt it and I guess people as far south as TX and as far north as Nebraska felt it. I did not..apparently I was sleeping extremely hard!

Written By: nally on 09/03/16 at 6:24 pm

Glad it was fun! It must be so strange-but wonderful- to see a friend after that long of a time. :)

Sometimes I'd like to do that; that is, see a friend for the first time in 20+ years, but it's not been easy for me. @Cat: Glad you had a nice time with your friend. O0

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/04/16 at 9:11 am

karen: It's hard to believe that Elizabeth is that old already!  I swear that she was just a lttle girl when we all met in Philadelphia. Hard to believe so much time has gone by since then. Best of luck to her.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/04/16 at 9:23 am

Cat: That's wonderful that you got to meet with your longtime friend.  I am glad it went well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/16 at 11:32 am

Thanks, everyone. I must say that I was a bit apprehensive about the visit because I know her mother is VERY judgemental (which is one of the reasons why I don't talk to her anymore) and wasn't too sure if her mother rubbed off on her. Other than her looks (she looks an awful lot like her mother), she is not judgemental at all-at least not that I could tell.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/16 at 11:37 am

There was a 5.6 earthquake in north/central oklahoma today at 7 this morning, several of my friends say they felt it and I guess people as far south as TX and as far north as Nebraska felt it. I did not..apparently I was sleeping extremely hard!

I emailed my family in Tulsa but haven't heard from them yet on it. They might be far enough away where they didn't feel it.

Oklahoma is because an earthquake center-someplace where earthquakes didn't happen very often. It is being caused by fracking. Fossil fuels are killing our Earth!  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: karen on 09/04/16 at 12:15 pm

Yesterday I went to Lincoln for a morris dancing day.  Unfortunately the nice weather ended and we danced in the rain.  We had lots of fun, but some sides found the conditions too slippery and the afternoon dancing was cancelled.

We decided to do a couple of dances anyway (wearing waterproof coats) and then went to find tea and cakes

Written By: Howard on 09/04/16 at 3:31 pm

glad you were safe.

Written By: nally on 09/04/16 at 5:11 pm

Glad you didn't feel it and that you're ok. O0

Written By: nally on 09/04/16 at 5:21 pm

On a somewhat related note.... today I saw a particular lady friend of mine at church for the first time in just about a whole year. :) She was glad to see me, and likewise the other way around.  This time, however, she had a little baby with her that was born half a year ago.

Written By: TheKid99 on 09/05/16 at 9:47 am

That seems sad for your personal life.

I have had quite a bit of a tsunami of life hitting me since August 16th all at once which is a bit overwhelming. Minor corrections happen in life as they are bound to happen on Wall Street, the "life" rally cannot last forever. but I am going to try my best not to make this minor correction into a depression after getting out of there last December and not wanting to go through that again...

As long as I remain optimistic despite me being an optimist and a pessimist in one, I think that will help significantly.

One of the things helping me significantly, is having friends in unnatural ways. Being a roller coaster enthusiast helps significantly with that. I made this one friend who has very long conversations with me over text who thinks the same about life has gone through a lot as I have  and is a good listener, something I needed a lot and something I am glad to have.

Written By: annimal on 09/05/16 at 1:46 pm

hi, just taking care of a couple more plants I bought over the last couple of days.

Written By: karen on 09/06/16 at 4:13 pm

Back at work this week.  Two days of training/updates and getting things ready before the kids arrive tomorrow.  Classes don't start immediately thankfully.  One room still has most of the stuff that was dumped there during an office move before the summer holiday.  And as usual computer systems were updated/replaced and loads of things don't work.

I took Elizabeth to the hospital again on Monday.  She will have an operation in mid-October to reset her nose.  She will miss one day of school and then have the half term break to recover.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/06/16 at 4:31 pm

I'm actually further South than that 😛

But I'm one of those rare people that doesn't root for the home team lol well except for local sports like our minor league baseball and then our hockey team.

I rarely pay attention to sports but here are all the teams I've rooted for and my present day picks!

Basketball: As a young kid, around 1992, I was really into the NBA. I thought MJ was a badass so I was a fan of The Bulls. Rodman was weird but I thought he was cool. Pippen was always a sore loser when they lost and a cocky one at that. As I got older I became a fan of Magic. Shaq was cool. I will still root for them.

Baseball: I rarely payed attention to professional just our minor league team in my city which has since changed names and owner. Now they're not as good but back in the day they were great! I went to several games! But if I had to choose a present team I'd say the Yankees.

Football: As a kid I wasn't that into it but cause of Ace Ventura I love the Dolphins. Dan Marino is ovcourse my favorite quarterback of all time. They may not be big time anymore but they're still my team.

Hockey: Pro hockey I don't pay attention to. But our local minor league team I like.

College Football: Gators! I never payed attention to college football before 2014 though.

College Basketball: I used to go for KU. At one point I was obsessed with the sport. Me obsessed with a sport? Lol But I go for WSU as I always have as well as now the Gators.

Nice!  :)
It's cool to see a female sports fan on here!!! :D ;)

Written By: Ripley on 09/06/16 at 4:39 pm

Nice!  :)
It's cool to see a female sports fan on here!!! :D ;)

I watch college stuff when I get a chance, especially basketball. I'm not near as into the football as I used to be. But I try and pay attention to how the Gators are doing. But you'll notice their's is the only sports page I like on Facebook lol

As far as professional sports I don't much care for them anymore.

What all times do you like for all sports Eric?

Written By: Ripley on 09/06/16 at 4:40 pm

I see you like the cardinals. But who else? 😊

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/06/16 at 4:45 pm

I like the St. Louis Blues of course. :D Also the St.Louis Billikens. and I guess I'll add the Kansas City Chiefs, since their a missouri team. ::)
Now for sports teams outside where I live, Oklahoma City Thunder, Chicago Bulls, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. :)

Written By: nally on 09/06/16 at 6:28 pm

I like the St. Louis Blues of course. :D Also the St.Louis Billikens. and I guess I'll add the Kansas City Chiefs, since their a missouri team. ::)
Now for sports teams outside where I live, Oklahoma City Thunder, Chicago Bulls, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. :)

I have only been an actual fan of local pro sports teams, personally. But I do tend to root for other teams, only when they're not playing mine! (For example, this year I've been rooting for the Cubs in MLB, even though the Dodgers are my team.)

Written By: nally on 09/06/16 at 6:30 pm

On topic, my parents are at sea today; they visited Gibraltar yesterday. Tomorrow I think they'll be in a port in Italy. I am communicating with my mom on a daily basis on Facebook so that she knows what I've been doing and vice-versa. (Right now they're probably sleeping, since it's 1:30am in the time zone they're in.)

Written By: Ripley on 09/06/16 at 7:45 pm

I like how you rolled your eyes about the Chiefs lol My uncle is a die hard fan. He goes to games when its freezing and snowing. And then they lose so that would be a major dissapointment for me after going through cold hell. But I've never cared for them myself. The Stealers are good. The Pats are but I think they have big heads over all those rings they got on their fingers now, especially Tom Brady!

Written By: Ripley on 09/06/16 at 7:48 pm

On topic, my parents are at sea today; they visited Gibraltar yesterday. Tomorrow I think they'll be in a port in Italy. I am communicating with my mom on a daily basis on Facebook so that she knows what I've been doing and vice-versa. (Right now they're probably sleeping, since it's 1:30am in the time zone they're in.)

I know they've got to be excited. I want to go to Italy. All over the boot, not a particular city. And Sicily and the other Islands.

Written By: Ripley on 09/07/16 at 12:23 am

It's hard to believe it's been 20 years since Tupac got shot 😔Next Tuesday is the anniversary of his death. A bit off topic I know but I started to think about this over the weekend.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/16 at 12:27 am

It's hard to believe it's been 20 years since Tupac got shot 😔Next Tuesday is the anniversary of his death. A bit off topic I know but I started to think about this over the weekend.
One a similar note, I and several other here, were shocked to learn that if Freddie Mercury had survived, he would be 70 years old.

Written By: Ripley on 09/07/16 at 1:05 am

One a similar note, I and several other here, were shocked to learn that if Freddie Mercury had survived, he would be 70 years old.

Wow that's crazy I never realized he was that old.

Written By: annimal on 09/07/16 at 11:01 am

well, leaving for an eye appointment soon and will see about that.  Just a quick check around here.

Written By: nally on 09/07/16 at 11:58 am

I know they've got to be excited. I want to go to Italy. All over the boot, not a particular city. And Sicily and the other Islands.

I stand corrected; today they were in Aix-en-Provence, France. I knew there was a French port on their itinerary.

Written By: nally on 09/07/16 at 12:00 pm

Yeah, I believe today marks 20 years since he was shot; six days later he passed away. :\'(

Yep, this past Monday would've been his birthday. This November it will be 25 years since he passed on. :\'(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/07/16 at 12:02 pm

Yep, this past Monday would've been his birthday. This November it will be 25 years since he passed on. :\'(

Damn.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 09/07/16 at 3:34 pm

Wow, where does the time go?  :(

Written By: Howard on 09/07/16 at 3:35 pm

This Sunday would mark 15 years since 9/11. :\'(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/07/16 at 3:41 pm

I've been noticing that since late August.

Written By: Ripley on 09/07/16 at 4:14 pm

Yeah I remember that day well. I was still asleep during the first one. My Grandma came to get us for school. I believe the second one happened shortly after I got there. I went to my second or third class and my teacher put it on TV. People had filmed from inside the building and that thick black smoke shared the crap out of all of us.

Howard you were right there close by. How did you react? Did you guys have to evacuate all of NYC? Have you went to see the memorial?

Written By: Ripley on 09/07/16 at 4:15 pm

I've been noticing that since late August.

How close were you to the towers?

Written By: Ripley on 09/07/16 at 4:16 pm

It's finally almost Mabon/Fall/Autumn (whatever you like to call it). My favorite time of year!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/07/16 at 5:12 pm

How close were you to the towers?

I was only a baby at the time. But I lived in Staten Island (one of the boroughs in NYC). But my parents were in the house with me when the Twin Towers hit.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/07/16 at 6:00 pm

Birthday #40 today.  It's been a great day so far.  :)

Written By: nally on 09/07/16 at 7:32 pm

Glad you've had a great milestone birthday!  :) O0 8)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/07/16 at 8:48 pm

Glad you've had a great milestone birthday!  :) O0 8)

:D  I'm happy to have made it as far as I have.  Another milestone in 5 years will be 2021 when I turn 45.  I'm not going to worry about that either because it's just more time until I hit 50.  :D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/07/16 at 8:55 pm

HBD! :)

Written By: annimal on 09/07/16 at 9:36 pm

cool

I'm back from an eye doctor in Sacramento.  I'm not quite ready for a surgery.  What ended up happening is they took one of my old prisym glasses and put some kind of sticker on it.  I think it's helping my left and right vision, but I'm not always sure

Written By: nally on 09/07/16 at 11:46 pm

:D  I'm happy to have made it as far as I have.  Another milestone in 5 years will be 2021 when I turn 45.  I'm not going to worry about that either because it's just more time until I hit 50.  :D

That's good. I, too, feel happy to be alive every day that I am. O0
Only 4 more years till I hit 40, btw.

Written By: snozberries on 09/08/16 at 10:42 am

Wow, where dies the time go?  :(

Howard was being unintentionally punny!

Written By: annimal on 09/08/16 at 10:51 am

he he

Written By: karen on 09/08/16 at 11:24 am

cool

I'm back from an eye doctor in Sacramento.  I'm not quite ready for a surgery.  What ended up happening is they took one of my old prisym glasses and put some kind of sticker on it.  I think it's helping my left and right vision, but I'm not always sure

Does it completely blank one lens or only part of it?

they often do things like this to make the muscles of one eye work a bit harder, so it becomes stronger.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/16 at 11:28 am

When I hit the BIG  :-X :-X, I developed the attitude that at my age, I could care less what others think. I have reached the age that I DEMAND respect from all those young whippersnappers. I now have a new found freedom. I wear what I want to wear-not what others expect me to wear, I don't put on airs, I am just myself. I'm not rude or anything like that-I just march to my own tune and if others don't like it-that is their problem, not mine.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/08/16 at 2:42 pm

I have reached the age that I DEMAND respect from all those young whippersnappers.

Cat

Those damn kids are ruining your lawn  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/08/16 at 4:20 pm

Yeah I remember that day well. I was still asleep during the first one. My Grandma came to get us for school. I believe the second one happened shortly after I got there. I went to my second or third class and my teacher put it on TV. People had filmed from inside the building and that thick black smoke shared the crap out of all of us.

Howard you were right there close by. How did you react? Did you guys have to evacuate all of NYC? Have you went to see the memorial?

I was working in a vocational program on West 28th street that day. One of the teachers told us that the Twin Towers had collapsed and everybody had to evacuate as soon as possible. No, unfortunately I never went to see the memorial.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/16 at 4:20 pm

It's finally almost Mabon/Fall/Autumn (whatever you like to call it). My favorite time of year!

another 3 more weeks. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/08/16 at 4:21 pm

Happy Birthday. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/08/16 at 4:22 pm

Oops, that was a mistake.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/16 at 4:27 pm

Those damn kids are ruining your lawn  ;D ;D

Yup! (Sung to the tune of Get Offa My Cloud):

Hey! You! Get Offa my lawn!

BTW, I stole that from the Capital Steps. I was looking for a copy of it but couldn't find the entire song. It is called "Rolling Kidney Stones."  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 09/08/16 at 4:49 pm

Lol

Written By: snozberries on 09/08/16 at 5:30 pm

BTW, I stole that from the Capital Steps. I was looking for a copy of it but couldn't find the entire song. It is called "Rolling Kidney Stones."  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

;D

Written By: nally on 09/08/16 at 6:48 pm

Cat

Clever!

I have seen them perform twice and enjoyed the show both times. :D Not sure when we're gonna see them again.

Written By: nally on 09/08/16 at 6:49 pm

By the way, today my parents were in Monterosso Beach, Cinque Terre, Italy. They have reached the midway point of their trip!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/16 at 7:10 pm

Clever!

I have seen them perform twice and enjoyed the show both times. :D Not sure when we're gonna see them again.

We have seen them a few times. We were planning to see them next month but tickets are OUTRAGEOUS!!! So, we aren't going to see them this time.  :\'(

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/08/16 at 7:12 pm

We have seen them a few times. We were planning to see them next month but tickets are OUTRAGEOUS!!! So, we aren't going to see them this time.  :\'(

Cat

Yeah, tickets to shows like that can be prit-ty hard to get. When we saw them four years ago, my mom was able to buy the tickets at a good price, several months in advance.

Written By: karen on 09/10/16 at 6:09 am

Dai and Elizabeth have gone to visit two universities today - Sheffield and Leeds, leaving James and I to entertain ourselves at home.  Which means homework for James and housework for me!

Next week our Morris dancing team celebrate 30 years of dancing by hosting several other sides in a day of dance in town.  I am part of the organising committee and have been working on the map and programme of dance slots that will be sent out to the teams.  Trying to arrange eight teams, four times and three locations in a sensible order had me tearing my hair out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/16 at 6:11 am

Dai and Elizabeth have gone to visit two universities today - Sheffield and Leeds, leaving James and I to entertain ourselves at home.  Which means homework for James and housework for me!

Next week our Morris dancing team celebrate 30 years of dancing by hosting several other sides in a day of dance in town.  I am part of the organising committee and have been working on the map and programme of dance slots that will be sent out to the teams.  Trying to arrange eight teams, four times and three locations in a sensible order had me tearing my hair out.

Sounds like a pub crawl?  ;D

Written By: karen on 09/10/16 at 6:44 am

Sounds like a pub crawl?  ;D

Well, we are dancing outside two pubs, some will go to one of them for lunch and we are going to serve beer after the dancing and finishing off with just our side and partners and friends in a pub.  though we always claim to be a tea and cake side if asked!

Written By: nally on 09/10/16 at 11:35 am

Well, we are dancing outside two pubs, some will go to one of them for lunch and we are going to serve beer after the dancing and finishing off with just our side and partners and friends in a pub.  though we always claim to be a tea and cake side if asked!

Sounds like fun. Have a good time!

Written By: nally on 09/10/16 at 11:36 am

Anyway, the cruise portion of my parents' trip has ended, so they are spending the next few days in Rome, where they'll do some sightseeing. On Wednesday they are scheduled to fly home!

Written By: annimal on 09/10/16 at 11:47 am

lets see, trying to see if I can get a whole parody written out so I can submit it for next week.  Not really doing much else.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/10/16 at 2:52 pm

lets see, trying to see if I can get a whole parody written out so I can submit it for next week.  Not really doing much else.

I want to write a song.

Written By: annimal on 09/10/16 at 3:03 pm

Do o o ya wanna write one too o o?

Written By: 80sfan on 09/10/16 at 3:10 pm

I'll write a rap! I just need a beat.

Written By: annimal on 09/10/16 at 7:42 pm

a beat to free your soul?

Written By: annimal on 09/10/16 at 11:13 pm

Well, I went to Home Depot with my parents and got to see all the stuff they're starting to sell for Halloween.  That got me thinking about the wolf and other costume like stuff I had which made me think of my parody where I got bit by a vampire in which I said to myself wherewolf

Written By: 80sfan on 09/10/16 at 11:18 pm

a beat to free your soul?

;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/11/16 at 4:38 pm

Anyway, the cruise portion of my parents' trip has ended, so they are spending the next few days in Rome, where they'll do some sightseeing. On Wednesday they are scheduled to fly home!

last year (or the year before....or a couple of years ago- time flies so I forget  :D ) your parents took a similar trip...was it to italy as well?

Written By: nally on 09/11/16 at 6:19 pm

last year (or the year before....or a couple of years ago- time flies so I forget  :D ) your parents took a similar trip...was it to italy as well?

Yes, and it was last year! Only last year they were gone for three weeks; this year they're gone for two. :) Also, last year's cruise was transatlantic; whereas this one is not. On Wednesday of this week they will fly home from Rome, switching planes in Charlotte NC.

Written By: annimal on 09/11/16 at 9:11 pm

I went through a day of things to be happy about and thankful for and others that just seem sad.

Written By: karen on 09/13/16 at 11:37 am

Though Dai did call on his way home to say book a table for dinner somewhere nice.  We went to a Thai restaurant in town.  It was sort of to celebrate exam results, my birthday and our wedding anniversary all rolled into one.

Written By: annimal on 09/13/16 at 11:56 am

don't think I'm doing much today.  The pre op for my plastic surgery is sceduled for the 29th.  Oh, my wallet tore, I'll need to get a new wallet.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/16 at 4:03 pm

Busy day:

-Went to AT&T-pretty much a waste of time.
-Went to a doc appoint.
-Went to lunch.
-Went to Comcast to pick up a new modem and up our internet speed.
-Went to a shoe repair place to see if they could repair antique bellows-they can't.  :\'(
-Went to a discount place (across the street from the shoe repair place).
-Went to the farm to pick up our CSA share (produce).
-Came home to find our new "smart" tv waiting for us.
-Put produce away.
-Hooked up the new modem.
-Called Comcast to activate new modem-then waited for it come on line.
-Hooked up new t.v.
-And finally did the final activation (still need to do that for the t.v. & tablet).

The house is now totally wired.

Welcome to the 21st Century!

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 09/13/16 at 8:10 pm

Welcome Cat! But I'm actually in the 22nd Century 😂

Written By: Ripley on 09/13/16 at 8:12 pm

I need to touch my roots up but I don't have the money and not sure if I can do that in the bathroom at their house. I want to stay a raven haired girl though! 😕

Written By: nally on 09/13/16 at 10:21 pm

Yes, and it was last year! Only last year they were gone for three weeks; this year they're gone for two. :) Also, last year's cruise was transatlantic; whereas this one is not. On Wednesday of this week they will fly home from Rome, switching planes in Charlotte NC.

So this is their final night of the trip. Right now they're probably sleeping at their hotel in Rome, as it would now be 5:20 in the morning where they're at. They've had a good time, doing lots of walking; my mom even was able to call me last night (early morning their time) to tell me what's been going on.

Written By: nally on 09/13/16 at 10:26 pm

I need to touch my roots up but I don't have the money and not sure if I can do that in the bathroom at their house. I want to stay a raven haired girl though! 😕

Well, do what you can...

Written By: Ripley on 09/13/16 at 11:00 pm

Well, do what you can...

When I get the money I will try unless they don't want it in their bathroom cause stains might get on the sink 😜

Written By: nally on 09/13/16 at 11:45 pm

When I get the money I will try unless they don't want it in their bathroom cause stains might get on the sink 😜

That's a good point...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/16 at 11:10 am

You just have to be sure to clean it up BEFORE it sets.

I remember doing my own hair. Man, I hated it. When my financial situation got much better, I now pay someone to do it for me. 

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/14/16 at 3:30 pm

Busy day:

-Went to AT&T-pretty much a waste of time.
-Went to a doc appoint.
-Went to lunch.
-Went to Comcast to pick up a new modem and up our internet speed.
-Went to a shoe repair place to see if they could repair antique bellows-they can't.  :\'(
-Went to a discount place (across the street from the shoe repair place).
-Went to the farm to pick up our CSA share (produce).
-Came home to find our new "smart" tv waiting for us.
-Put produce away.
-Hooked up the new modem.
-Called Comcast to activate new modem-then waited for it come on line.
-Hooked up new t.v.
-And finally did the final activation (still need to do that for the t.v. & tablet).

The house is now totally wired.

Welcome to the 21st Century!

Cat

sounds like a busy day.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/16 at 6:09 pm

sounds like a busy day.

It was, and I forgot to mention that we also went to a berry farm to pick up some strawberries before going to our CSA farm.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 09/14/16 at 7:19 pm

You just have to be sure to clean it up BEFORE it sets.

I remember doing my own hair. Man, I hated it. When my financial situation got much better, I now pay someone to do it for me. 

Cat

I definitely want to go to a salon!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/16 at 7:41 pm

I definitely want to go to a salon!

They can be expensive. Some places only charge about $50-others over $100. I pay an average of $65-that includes color, wax, & tip.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/14/16 at 11:15 pm

Right now my parents are probably somewhere between LAX Airport and home. (Earlier today, they called me from Charlotte NC to indicate they had just gotten off their first plane (from Rome) and were waiting to get on their second plane.) They've had a good trip; this I know from some of the pictures my mom has posted on Facebook AND from word-of-mouth over the phone. :)

Written By: nally on 09/14/16 at 11:24 pm

Right now my parents are probably somewhere between LAX Airport and home. (Earlier today, they called me from Charlotte NC to indicate they had just gotten off their first plane (from Rome) and were waiting to get on their second plane.) They've had a good trip; this I know from some of the pictures my mom has posted on Facebook AND from word-of-mouth over the phone. :)

Update: I just got a call from my mom; she says they haven't left the airport yet; they had to wait for their shuttle van to show up, and now they have to get through the airport traffic before they can officially be on their way. So it'll probably take at least an hour for them to actually get all the way home.

Written By: Ripley on 09/15/16 at 12:39 am

I hope they will be home safe now 😊

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/15/16 at 1:31 am

Update: I just got a call from my mom; she says they haven't left the airport yet; they had to wait for their shuttle van to show up, and now they have to get through the airport traffic before they can officially be on their way. So it'll probably take at least an hour for them to actually get all the way home.
Safe trip home!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/16 at 11:12 am

Getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow & Saturday. I am so hoping to get rid of a bunch of crap stuff and make a little money at the same time.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 09/15/16 at 11:17 am

Sunday we'll be leaving on a quick trip to La.  My dad and I each have doctors appointments.

Written By: snozberries on 09/15/16 at 11:39 am

Heading to LA to pick up my ticket for the Emmys. 4hr round trip is a lot but my friend is out of town so I don't really have a choice.

Written By: Howard on 09/15/16 at 3:36 pm

hope they had a fabulous trip. :)

Written By: nally on 09/15/16 at 6:24 pm

I hope they will be home safe now 😊

Oh yes. In fact, shortly before you made that post, they arrived back home safe & sound!! :)

hope they had a fabulous trip. :)

They did indeed. O0

Written By: nally on 09/15/16 at 6:25 pm

Safe trip home!

They were very tired when they arrived back home; they'd been up since early this morning Rome time! However, they did manage to sleep on the second plane.

Written By: annimal on 09/15/16 at 6:39 pm

sounds like they made it though

Written By: nally on 09/15/16 at 6:43 pm

sounds like they made it though

Absolutely! And today they have been resting, while I went to work.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/15/16 at 6:49 pm

They were very tired when they arrived back home; they'd been up since early this morning Rome time! However, they did manage to sleep on the second plane.
O0

When we took the shuttle bus to the airport on leaving it took us no time at all, and the driver had to pick up to other passengers. One of which was in a gated community.

Written By: nally on 09/15/16 at 6:53 pm

O0

When we took the shuttle bus to the airport on leaving it took us no time at all, and the driver had to pick up to other passengers. One of which was in a gated community.

Good for you.

One time we used a shuttle service to take us to and from the airport, we had to share the ride with other passengers who lived in various places, on the route between our house and the airport. This applied to both going there and back. On the way back , we shared the ride with two other people; they lived in Malibu, in a private community off Pacific Coast Highway, so the driver dropped them off there before continuing to take us home. This was way back in 2002.

Written By: nally on 09/15/16 at 6:55 pm

Getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow & Saturday. I am so hoping to get rid of a bunch of crap stuff and make a little money at the same time.

Cat

Good for you; hope it all works out. There have been times when we've contemplated having one, particularly when we were cleaning out my grandma's house two years ago, but we decided not to. Also because we probably don't often accumulate a lot of crap stuff worth selling.

Written By: nally on 09/15/16 at 7:02 pm

Good for you; hope it all works out. There have been times when we've contemplated having one, particularly when we were cleaning out my grandma's house two years ago, but we decided not to. Also because we probably don't often accumulate a lot of crap stuff worth selling.

By the way... on a somewhat related note, today would have been my paternal grandfather's 87th birthday, but he passed on two months ago. :\'(  I mention this because we are still in the process of clearing out his home, which we will resume doing sometime next week (I think), now that my parents are back home from their trip.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/15/16 at 7:42 pm

Good for you.

One time we used a shuttle service to take us to and from the airport, we had to share the ride with other passengers who lived in various places, on the route between our house and the airport. This applied to both going there and back. On the way back , we shared the ride with two other people; they lived in Malibu, in a private community off Pacific Coast Highway, so the driver dropped them off there before continuing to take us home. This was way back in 2002.
We did not recognise the person picked up.

Written By: annimal on 09/16/16 at 11:22 am

Got my right leg sore yesterday trying to walk again with the walking cancer group.  Lets see, tomorrow will probably be my last day to come here before we leave for our little trip, but should be able to come back here in a few days.

Written By: 2001 on 09/16/16 at 11:23 pm

Je suis arrivé à Montréal! I have arrived in Montreal, I'll be here for the weekend.  :D

Written By: annimal on 09/16/16 at 11:29 pm

I'll be packing during some time tomorrow

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/16 at 11:31 pm

Je suis arrivé à Montréal! I have arrived in Montreal, I'll be here for the weekend.  :D

Have a great trip, pink one!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/16 at 11:45 pm

Have a safe trip, and take good care.

Written By: Ripley on 09/17/16 at 12:12 am

Oh yes. In fact, shortly before you made that post, they arrived back home safe & sound!! :)

They did indeed. O0

That's great!

Written By: Howard on 09/17/16 at 7:49 am

Have a good trip.

Written By: nally on 09/17/16 at 3:12 pm

That's great!

thank you. Yesterday my mom showed me the pictures she took; however, my dad took a lot more and I will hopefully see his pictures today. :)

Written By: nally on 09/17/16 at 3:15 pm

Went to the library this morning to do my volunteer work, and one young woman who has been working there part time was having a going-away celebration today, because today is going to be her last day. So I decided to run off to a nearby Walgreens, buy a card for her, and come back to the library and give it to her (as many of the staff people already gave her cards). So I bought a card, returned to the library, signed the card, and gave it to her; then I gave her a big hug. She was very appreciative of the card. And I've gotten to know this young lady for about two years now (she's very nice); she says she'll be working full time at another job somewhere else.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/17/16 at 5:38 pm

You are only about 4 hours or so from us.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/17/16 at 5:46 pm

Went to the library this morning to do my volunteer work, and one young woman who has been working there part time was having a going-away celebration today, because today is going to be her last day. So I decided to run off to a nearby Walgreens, buy a card for her, and come back to the library and give it to her (as many of the staff people already gave her cards). So I bought a card, returned to the library, signed the card, and gave it to her; then I gave her a big hug. She was very appreciative of the card. And I've gotten to know this young lady for about two years now (she's very nice); she says she'll be working full time at another job somewhere else.
O0

Written By: nally on 09/17/16 at 6:15 pm

O0

I told her that she could keep in touch with me on Facebook, and what to look for when locating my profile.

Written By: Ripley on 09/17/16 at 7:11 pm

I told her that she could keep in touch with me on Facebook, and what to look for when locating my profile.

Good 😊

Written By: nally on 09/17/16 at 7:49 pm

Good 😊

I suppose I could send her a request (since I have come across her profile), but then again I don't know how often certain people go on.

Written By: annimal on 09/17/16 at 8:02 pm

You can try, she won't get it if you never send it

Written By: 2001 on 09/17/16 at 9:52 pm

Have a great trip, pink one!  :)

Have a safe trip, and take good care.

Thanks! I went to the Biodôme (zoo) and the Botanical Gardens today.  :)

You are only about 4 hours or so from us.

Cat

We thought about going to a Safari, which is about 20 minute drive from the Vermont-Québec border. It's a 2 hour drive from here though  ;D

I agree. Go ahead!  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 09/17/16 at 10:03 pm

We thought about going to a Safari, which is about 20 minute drive from the Vermont-Québec border. It's a 2 hour drive from here though  ;D

Isn't biodome also the name of a movie?

Written By: karen on 09/18/16 at 5:03 am

Yesterday my morris dancing side celebrated their 30th birthday by inviting other sides to join them in a day of dance in town.  We had a great time, lots of people stopped to watch and the weather stayed (mainly) dry.  We finished the day in the park with each side doing a display dance and then we taught everyone a simplified version of one of our dances to the tune John Peel.  We had about 60 people dancing at the same time finishing with a circle around the band stand.

Lots of ex-members travelled to join us in our celebration as well so we went on into the evening in a local pub so we had chance to catch up with everyone's news.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/16 at 5:06 am

Yesterday my morris dancing side celebrated their 30th birthday by inviting other sides to join them in a day of dance in town.  We had a great time, lots of people stopped to watch and the weather stayed (mainly) dry.  We finished the day in the park with each side doing a display dance and then we taught everyone a simplified version of one of our dances to the tune John Peel.  We had about 60 people dancing at the same time finishing with a circle around the band stand.

Lots of ex-members travelled to join us in our celebration as well so we went on into the evening in a local pub so we had chance to catch up with everyone's news.
Anyone record the dancing on video?

Written By: karen on 09/18/16 at 5:12 am

Anyone record the dancing on video?

Yes, it has been posted on Facebook.  Not sure if I can work out how to post it here.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/16 at 5:19 am

Yes, it has been posted on Facebook.  Not sure if I can work out how to post it here.
O0

Written By: karen on 09/18/16 at 5:44 am

Not the video but Charnwood Arts flickr page of the day

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129849401@N04/sets/72157673989355135

I hope just page the web page address works

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/18/16 at 10:30 am

It is about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive from the Vermont-Québec border from here.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/18/16 at 11:51 am

You're right; perhaps I should take the initiative here.

Written By: nally on 09/18/16 at 11:52 am

Glad you had a great time out today. O0

Written By: 2001 on 09/19/16 at 1:38 am

Second and final day in Montreal (so short!).

I visited my uncle's/aunt's/family friend's house in the morning on l'Île-Perrot, and my aunt who is Québécoise made us a tourtière (meat pie) for breakfast. It was délicieuse!

Then in the afternoon we walked along the Saint Lawrence River, into the Vieux Port (Old Port). I introduced my aunt to Pokémon GO (!) and we walked around Old Montreal playing that for a couple of hours with sightseeing. We wanted to take a boat ride along the port, but we found out last one left at 6PM and we played so much Pokémon it was already 6:30PM  ;D

https://i.imgur.com/tr14pIT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JtDFJ1H.jpg

It was alright though. For the night we did some shopping on La Place Jacques-Cartier, a pedestrian boulevard. We went to a Québécois restaurant and I had the best poutine ever.  :D We were eating on a terrace overlooking the river. It was nice, but sometimes you could smell the horse poop coming from the road in front of the port  :-X

http://i.imgur.com/OiNF8tX.jpg

Wrapped it up by meeting a long time family-friend in Ahuntsic. It was nice catching up, and she made her own French Vanilla (a popular Canadian coffee, from Tim Hortons lol).

I love this city. I want to come back again... Maybe in the spring  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/19/16 at 1:45 am

I visited my uncle's/aunt's/family friend's house in the morning on l'Île-Perrot, and my aunt who is Québécoise made us a tourtière (meat pie) for breakfast. It was délicieuse!

Then in the afternoon we walked along the Saint Lawrence River, into the Vieux Port (Old Port). I introduced my aunt to Pokémon GO (!) and we walked around Old Montreal playing that for a couple of hours with sightseeing. We wanted to take a boat ride along the port, but we found out last one left at 6PM and we played so much Pokémon it was already 6:30PM  ;D

It was alright though. For the night we did some shopping on La Place Jacques-Cartier, a pedestrian boulevard. We went to a Québécois restaurant and I had the best poutine ever.  :D We were eating on a terrace overlooking the river. It was nice, but sometimes you could smell the horse poop coming from the road in front of the port  :-X

Wrapped it up by meeting a long time family-friend in Ahuntsic. It was nice catching up, and she made her own French Vanilla (a popular Canadian coffee, from Tim Hortons lol).

Montreal looks grand, my wife has been there, I have not.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/16 at 11:07 am

I love Montreal, too. Haven't been there in decades. Maybe it is time for another visit.

BTW, great pics.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/19/16 at 1:57 pm

Montreal looks grand, my wife has been there, I have not.

I have not been there either, but it looks like a great place to visit, from the above pictures. :)

The only locality in Canada I have visited is Victoria, B.C.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/19/16 at 2:04 pm

I'm bout to present in my terroism and homeland security class for extra credit, wish me luck! :o ;)

Written By: nally on 09/19/16 at 2:06 pm

I'm bout to present in my terroism and homeland security class for extra credit, wish me luck! :o ;)

Will do! O0

Written By: Howard on 09/19/16 at 3:25 pm

looks like a nice town.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/16 at 3:26 pm

good luck. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/16 at 6:37 pm

I'm sure your will do GREAT!

Cat

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/19/16 at 8:16 pm

Welp guys I earned my E.C. points!!!! :D :D :D Mission #1 complete. :) Now I'm planning to present in my Political Science next Mon. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/19/16 at 8:25 pm

Welp guys I earned my E.C. points!!!! :D :D :D Mission #1 complete. :) Now I'm planning to present in my Political Science next Mon. ;)
Sounds good, but what are E.C. points?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/19/16 at 8:27 pm

Congrats man!

Sounds good, but what are E.C. points?
Extra credit.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/19/16 at 8:30 pm

Congrats man!
Extra credit.
O0

Written By: nally on 09/19/16 at 8:53 pm

Congrats... that's great news. O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/16 at 11:01 am

I wasn't concerned. I KNEW you would do it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/20/16 at 3:30 pm

good luck. :)

Written By: annimal on 09/20/16 at 9:59 pm

I'm back home again
Over ate and quite beyond full I grin.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/16 at 11:44 pm

I'm back home again
Good to see you back!

Written By: annimal on 09/21/16 at 10:51 am

lets see now, I'll be having an eye appointment again some time soon.  My sagging mellins are probably going to get operated soon next month.  There's been talk about finding me some sort of job, but I don't know how or why with my surgery coming up.  Mom was just telling me I cant wear sunglasses if I get some sort of job.  I don't see why wearing sunglasses would be a problem with most things.  I think I'm getting a warning that mom is going to drive me nuts again.

and the appointment I just went to was to see how my brain was doing.  I think more then anything I'm  still messed up with the way mom has and still treats me.

Written By: nally on 09/21/16 at 11:24 am

I'm back home again

Good to see you back!

Agreed. ;)

lets see now, I'll be having an eye appointment again some time soon.  My sagging mellins are probably going to get operated soon next month.  There's been talk about finding me some sort of job, but I don't know how or why with my surgery coming up.  Mom was just telling me I cant wear sunglasses if I get some sort of job.  I don't see why wearing sunglasses would be a problem with most things.  I think I'm getting a warning that mom is going to drive me nuts again.

and the appointment I just went to was to see how my brain was doing.  I think more then anything I'm  still messed up with the way mom has and still treats me.

Hang in there.

Written By: annimal on 09/21/16 at 2:07 pm

yup

I've been e- mailing to someone about this, but if all goes well, I'd like to do a video with my Sharp Dressed Man parody.  I don't want to say everything I'm up to in case some of you might like surprises.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/16 at 3:20 pm

I'm back home again

good to see you back.

Written By: annimal on 09/21/16 at 7:06 pm

Now I'm thinking about something with the number 98.6 in it.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/21/16 at 7:10 pm

It will have been a year ago this Sunday when the best night of my life happened...see signature photo.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/16 at 7:16 pm

Now I'm thinking about something with the number 98.6 in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TL-F5iLo28

Cat

Written By: annimal on 09/21/16 at 7:27 pm

nope not this one  ;)

Written By: annimal on 09/21/16 at 10:02 pm

By the way, when I was out getting my brain tested afterwards, The doctor was talking about how music helps with memory. I started doing the count 10 pull string thing that Goofy was doing to remember how to use a parachute.  I had told her elier I had written hundreds of parodies and enjoy making people laugh when she asked me before the testing.

The testing- things with direction changes.  The hardest one for me was with colors, say the word of the color, say what colors they are, if their in a square do this and if not do this.  I  have a feeling that I did real well with my testing.

Now I'm wondering if I can come up with some picture or parody ideas I can do because I'm going to need some time to rest from my tit surgery and don't think I'll be online for awhile.  Play any games you want to now ann  before it's too late.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/21/16 at 10:52 pm

By the way, when I was out getting my brain tested afterwards, The doctor was talking about how music helps with memory. I started doing the count 10 pull string thing that Goofy was doing to remember how to use a parachute.  I had told her elier I had written hundreds of parodies and enjoy making people laugh when she asked me before the testing.

The testing- things with direction changes.  The hardest one for me was with colors, say the word of the color, say what colors they are, if their in a square do this and if not do this.  I  have a feeling that I did real well with my testing.

Now I'm wondering if I can come up with some picture or parody ideas I can do because I'm going to need some time to rest from my tit surgery and don't think I'll be online for awhile.  Play any games you want to now ann  before it's too late.

Nice. Good progress.

Written By: nally on 09/22/16 at 1:26 am

You're right; perhaps I should take the initiative here.

Update; I sent a request to this person a couple days ago and it has not been responded to yet. Sometimes these things take time.

Written By: annimal on 09/22/16 at 9:25 pm

Hi  bad traffic coming back from Sacramento.  I'm glad the doctor agreed that my prism glasses don't work for me.  So I'm going to be getting some new ones for now and maybe something else later.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/16 at 9:47 pm

Hi  bad traffic coming back from Sacramento.  I'm glad the doctor agreed that my prism glasses don't work for me.  So I'm going to be getting some new ones for now and maybe something else later.
Good that things are going in the right direction for you.

Written By: annimal on 09/22/16 at 9:57 pm

all seems good here and maybe later on as well. Joel will have a different job and or better work time to help me get the video recorded and up.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/22/16 at 11:52 pm

all seems good here and maybe later on as well. Joel will have a different job and or better work time to help me get the video recorded and up.

I'm curious how the video will be now.

Written By: annimal on 09/23/16 at 7:13 pm

well you can ask me

needed my brain to relax today.  Did some gardening in my dirt lot

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/24/16 at 12:03 am

I had a great week this week.  I finally started my Aquafit class at the YMCA this week.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/24/16 at 12:16 am

I had a great week this week.  I finally started my Aquafit class at the YMCA this week.  :)
O0

...and looking forward to going again next week?

Written By: karen on 09/24/16 at 5:30 am

Our oven broke last night while dinner was cooking.  The electrics tripped out, but then everything seemed to turn back on ok.  After a while I realised the oven wasn't heating any more.  The element on the fan setting must have blown.

Luckily I could change it to a different setting so I could finish dinner.  We only recently threw out the paperwork from the last repair

Written By: Howard on 09/24/16 at 7:30 am

glad to hear that. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/24/16 at 8:42 am

Our oven broke last night while dinner was cooking.  The electrics tripped out, but then everything seemed to turn back on ok.  After a while I realised the oven wasn't heating any more.  The element on the fan setting must have blown.

Luckily I could change it to a different setting so I could finish dinner.  We only recently threw out the paperwork from the last repair
That always happens!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/24/16 at 8:47 am

Will it be salad, or eating out tomorrow?  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/24/16 at 10:42 am

And I bet the warranty expired yesterday.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 09/24/16 at 11:25 am

Is the heat  on or off?

Written By: annimal on 09/24/16 at 11:38 am

oh, I ordered my new glasses frameyesterday and found out my pre op is now on the 29th.  I got seeds when I was in LAI'll want to find out what I want to do with the seeds I just got. There are 30 different plants and want to see what they look like besides if a butterfly around here or one that might migrate through the area might use it.  I think I'll put some seeds in a bucket, tring best I can to get as many different plants to come up.

Written By: karen on 09/24/16 at 12:18 pm

Will it be salad, or eating out tomorrow?  ;D

The oven has several different settings.  I usually use the fan setting which has an element around the fan.  It also has a top and bottom heat setting for baking.  We are using this today

Written By: nally on 09/24/16 at 2:49 pm

The oven has several different settings.  I usually use the fan setting which has an element around the fan.  It also has a top and bottom heat setting for baking.  We are using this today

Oh dear... hope you can get it fixt asap. Glad you have a way to get by for now.

Written By: nally on 09/24/16 at 2:50 pm

Good for you! O0

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/24/16 at 3:20 pm

O0

...and looking forward to going again next week?

Yes and then my two week trial period is up next weekend.  I do want to stick around for the long run because it's really been fun.  And I want to add in chair yoga for more muscle conditioning.  :)

I just want to do as much as possible to get my weight down to an acceptable level.  I know I won't ever be like Jessie J or Rihanna but my goal is to get back down to scientifically ideal weight to impress the gents.  :)

Written By: annimal on 09/24/16 at 10:11 pm

Still kind of tired and forgetfullish I guess.  Yeah no money and will have to spend it on the rest of your dental work when you do get some more.  I need some stuff for something and looked at some stuff I can make for my garden instead of paying a fortune for it at amazon and to see if they had some seeds that I may want to try getting for my garden.  I'm typeing this too fast to be able to tipe this out right now without having to read th

okay now this start thing blocked the screen so I asked Joel how to get rid of that.

I done I'm ginng to the arcade      and no I cant spell going right now or type typing      bye

Written By: nally on 09/25/16 at 11:11 pm

^ Hang in there Ann. I'm sure things will turn out fine in one way or another.

Written By: nally on 09/25/16 at 11:17 pm

Had a nice day today. Saw two young lady friends of mine at church today; they have the same last name but are not related. (They probably don't even know each other.)

One of them, I have been seeing regularly at the Spanish service; she just got back from an out-of-state trip; her sister just had a baby, so my friend showed me some pictures she'd taken with her smartphone! :)

The other, she comes to this church periodically, but I saw her today for the first time in five weeks. Five weeks ago, I introduced her to my parents; on that day my friend told my mom that she was interested in joining the choir (since my mom is in charge of music at this church)... which begins practice later this week. So after the service today, my friend asked my mom if she could still join the choir; my mom answered affirmatively and said that the first practice was this Thursday night at 6:30... hopefully my friend will be able to come!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/16 at 4:20 am

Had a nice day today. Saw two young lady friends of mine at church today; they have the same last name but are not related. (They probably don't even know each other.)

One of them, I have been seeing regularly at the Spanish service; she just got back from an out-of-state trip; her sister just had a baby, so my friend showed me some pictures she'd taken with her smartphone! :)

The other, she comes to this church periodically, but I saw her today for the first time in five weeks. Five weeks ago, I introduced her to my parents; on that day my friend told my mom that she was interested in joining the choir (since my mom is in charge of music at this church)... which begins practice later this week. So after the service today, my friend asked my mom if she could still join the choir; my mom answered affirmatively and said that the first practice was this Thursday night at 6:30... hopefully my friend will be able to come!
Sounds like the start of something big?

Written By: nally on 09/26/16 at 12:06 pm

Sounds like the start of something big?

Well, my friend did express interest in joining a church choir; perhaps she can do so this week!

Written By: TheKid99 on 09/26/16 at 2:31 pm

I have been inactive on here for a bit as I have been extraordinarily busy, a bit unstable due to stress, and just have not really had the time.

It all culminated Friday and I had a nervous breakdown after school. Finally talked to my managers about the things I am dealing with and they have scheduled me for only 1 shift a week until I say I can handle a bit more.

The friend I met on Mystic Timbers (Kings Island New Rollercoaster) Announcement day 7/28/2016 has quickly become my best friend. Quite quickly... in a matter of 50 days has that happened. I have always had trouble with friendships, have been rejected, put out unto the dirt road and left for dead without a care.... but this is different...

We understand each other, relate, talk about our emotions, what we are goig through and everything..

And having a common interest in roller coasters helps! :D

He has truly made my life much better, after 16 long years.... I finally have someone I can call truly without a doubt... my best friend.

Thank God.

I will be meeting him next on Ocotber 7th and October 9th and literally cannot wait for it.

It is THE bright spot of my life right now.

School has been VERY stressful and combined with work lead to that breakdown on Friday where I had to call off work because I was physically ill from the stress.

Claire, she miraciously got off of life support, her liver started working again without a transplant, and shes back home.

I have had quite an interesting few days. :)

Written By: annimal on 09/26/16 at 7:47 pm

life is a roller coaster

Written By: 80sfan on 09/26/16 at 7:54 pm

I have been inactive on here for a bit as I have been extraordinarily busy, a bit unstable due to stress, and just have not really had the time.

It all culminated Friday and I had a nervous breakdown after school. Finally talked to my managers about the things I am dealing with and they have scheduled me for only 1 shift a week until I say I can handle a bit more.

The friend I met on Mystic Timbers (Kings Island New Rollercoaster) Announcement day 7/28/2016 has quickly become my best friend. Quite quickly... in a matter of 50 days has that happened. I have always had trouble with friendships, have been rejected, put out unto the dirt road and left for dead without a care.... but this is different...

We understand each other, relate, talk about our emotions, what we are goig through and everything..

And having a common interest in roller coasters helps! :D

He has truly made my life much better, after 16 long years.... I finally have someone I can call truly without a doubt... my best friend.

Thank God.

I will be meeting him next on Ocotber 7th and October 9th and literally cannot wait for it.

It is THE bright spot of my life right now.

School has been VERY stressful and combined with work lead to that breakdown on Friday where I had to call off work because I was physically ill from the stress.

Claire, she miraciously got off of life support, her liver started working again without a transplant, and shes back home.

I have had quite an interesting few days. :)

Take it easy.  :)

Written By: nally on 09/27/16 at 8:44 am

Ditto. Thanks for updating us, Kid99! O0

Written By: Howard on 09/27/16 at 3:24 pm

I agree with him, please take it easy. :)

Written By: annimal on 09/27/16 at 5:56 pm

hi, lets see, last night, I thought about how I want to perform my card trick and this morning want to re organize my room a little and later came to the thought that I will probably be recording it in here.  Cool, now I wony be moving so much stuff around when I'm ready to record.

Written By: nally on 09/28/16 at 11:37 pm

hi, lets see, last night, I thought about how I want to perform my card trick and this morning want to re organize my room a little and later came to the thought that I will probably be recording it in here.  Cool, now I wony be moving so much stuff around when I'm ready to record.

Cool :)

Written By: nally on 09/28/16 at 11:40 pm

Today... not much of an eventful day, since I was at home mostly.. but yesterday while I went to work, my parents went out to the desert for the first time in a month, to continue with sorting through my late grandparents' stuff in their home. They were there for several hours.

Next week I think they'll be going out there on Wednesday. They'll let me know if I need to come along (that is, on a day that I'm not working).

Written By: nally on 09/29/16 at 6:22 pm

Busy day @ work today. Where I work, the fiscal period runs from October through September, so today we had to work on completing everything that needed to be done for the year. (Tomorrow my supervisor, who is in charge, will finish everything up with regards to that; do what needs to be done.)

Written By: annimal on 09/29/16 at 7:45 pm

appointment today appointments tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/16 at 8:00 pm

Take good care.

Written By: nally on 09/30/16 at 12:22 am

Take care when you go. O0

Written By: Howard on 09/30/16 at 8:01 am

take care.

Written By: annimal on 09/30/16 at 10:29 pm

pee and blood given.  still going to another appointment tomorrow. Let's see, where was I?  oh yeah, how do I want to do my card trick?  you guys are probably more interested in how I'm going to fill the wallet up though.

Written By: nally on 10/01/16 at 1:16 am

pee and blood given.  still going to another appointment tomorrow. Let's see, where was I?  oh yeah, how do I want to do my card trick?  you guys are probably more interested in how I'm going to fill the wallet up though.

Hey, it's all ok. Hang in there...

Written By: nally on 10/01/16 at 1:17 am

Anyway I had a nice relaxing last day of the month at home. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/16 at 1:18 am

Anyway I had a nice relaxing last day of the month at home. :)
I wish I could say the same.

Written By: nally on 10/01/16 at 1:29 am

I wish I could say the same.

Well, it was relaxing for me, from my point of view... but we had a guest in our home this afternoon who was going to discuss some things with my mom, so we had to tidy up the house a bit.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/16 at 1:34 am

Well, it was relaxing for me, from my point of view... but we had a guest in our home this afternoon who was going to discuss some things with my mom, so we had to tidy up the house a bit.
Understandable

Written By: nally on 10/01/16 at 1:36 am

Understandable

Yeah...and I actually did go out once: to the post office, to mail some bills that had to go out because it was the end of the month; then I stopped at the store to buy a few items.

Written By: karen on 10/01/16 at 4:48 am

Busy week at work.  The biology teachers wanted us to try two new experiments, one of which had less than clear instructions and turned out not to work anyway.

Plus it is school open day today so there were various displays to get ready, rooms to tidy etc.  And on Monday the lower school Year 6 (last year at that school) come and visit and try some science stuff which is similar to, but not exactly the same as things we are offering today.

At home we had a parents meeting for James, just a meet the teacher thing, that was mildly chaotic.  I've been prepping for our morris dancing newbie workshops.  And Elizabeth has gone to Oxford today for an informal interview with an alumnus of MIT.  Part of the application process which has had us all mildly stressed.

Written By: annimal on 10/04/16 at 10:49 am

I'm having my surgery tomorrow. 

Written By: 80sfan on 10/04/16 at 11:21 am

Good luck.

Written By: annimal on 10/04/16 at 11:29 am

think I'll do fine.  It's the resting that will probably get to me.

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/16 at 2:55 pm

take care ann
if you can't maybe Joel can log in under your account and tell us how you are doing.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/16 at 3:02 pm

Good Luck. :)

Written By: annimal on 10/04/16 at 3:22 pm

hopefully it will be fine and I should be able to come home.  Now I need to get ready to go with my mom to one of her appointments. 

Check for new replies or respond here...