inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/19/16 at 2:36 am

Today is:

International Talk Like a Pirate Day (ITLAPD, September 19) is a parodic holiday created in 1995 by John Baur (Ol' Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap'n Slappy), of Albany, Oregon, U.S., who proclaimed September 19 each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like a pirate. For example, an observer of this holiday would greet friends not with "Hello," but with "Ahoy, matey!" The holiday, and its observance, springs from a romanticized view of the Golden Age of Piracy.

So, ahoy mateys!

Subject: Re: International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/16 at 11:12 am

Arrgh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCfH3br3IRc&index=24&list=PLi6yRcaloWVYmsA8LnPfcBXJcKR7TcqcJ

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/19/16 at 8:11 pm

Arrgh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCfH3br3IRc&index=24&list=PLi6yRcaloWVYmsA8LnPfcBXJcKR7TcqcJ

Cat
Arrgh! Me hearties!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/16 at 11:00 am

Arrgh! Me hearties!

BTW, we have seen that group in concert many times and there was a time when Carlos traveled in the same circles as the guy who sang that song (Tom). (At one time, I almost got a job with them as the person who booked their events-but that fell through.)

The founding members were Mike, Rusty, & Tom. They added others along the way (Howard, Chip, and others often played with them from time to time.)

I think they are wonderful and really put on a great show. However, tragedy struck and they lost  Chip one year and then Rusty the following year. After that, Mike retired. Actually, Tom left but came back after Chip and/or Rusty died. Howard tried to hold the group together and added a woman (Patti)-and even though they were still good, they just had a different feel to them. About 2 or 3 years ago, they totally disbanded. I guess Howard gave up. But, Tom & Patti still play together under a different name. 

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...