inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NO-vember.... 2016 is almost over

Written By: snozberries on 10/30/16 at 12:33 pm

'sup???

Subject: Re: NO-vember.... 2016 is almost over

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/16 at 5:26 pm

White rabbit

We had guests that arrived unexpectedly at Sunday lunchtime and I had to be social with them.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/31/16 at 5:29 pm

It's still October in New York.  :P

Written By: nally on 10/31/16 at 11:48 pm

Now it's still October in California...but I know it's already next month in other time zones!

I might wanna take this opportunity to mention that I have a cruise trip with my family scheduled for the 17th to the 22nd; this will start and end at the Port of L.A. and have a port of call in Cabo (Mexico); this will be to celebrate my mom's 65th b'day!

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/01/16 at 5:24 am

Busy season is about to start!  :o And for everyone to forget Halloween even happened. Here comes all the Christmas crap!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/16 at 9:56 am

Now it's still October in California...but I know it's already next month in other time zones!

I might wanna take this opportunity to mention that I have a cruise trip with my family scheduled for the 17th to the 22nd; this will start and end at the Port of L.A. and have a port of call in Cabo (Mexico); this will be to celebrate my mom's 65th b'day!

sounds fun! will it be your first time seeing mexico?

Written By: TheKid99 on 11/01/16 at 10:16 am

HOW is it already november? :O

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/16 at 11:14 am

I know I can post this in the Oct thread but I will post it here.

I must say that I am a bit disappointed at the amount of kids we had last night. At the old house (which is literally only a block away), we would go through 10 bags of the Hershey's bite size chocolate (which is what I ALWAYS hand out). We didn't even go through half of that. I know last year it was the same thing but I thought it could have been because it was a Saturday and we were competing with a major Halloween parade that they do every year in Rutland. Since Halloween wasn't on a Saturday this year, I thought we would have more kids.

I think it is probably because of the road. We now live on a numbered highway which has a lot of traffic including trucks going by all the time (the one thing I hate about this house). This one girl told us that they had a hard time crossing to get to our house. I'm sure that is it. There aren't too many houses on our side of the street in our block. The two houses from here to the corner are apartments. I know there was no one home in the house next door-don't know about the house on the other side of them. On the other side of us is the church. They weren't handing out candy this year (they did the last two years). So, it seems that our house would be the only reason to cross the street and most kids wouldn't think it was worth it.

I was thinking that maybe in future years I should start handing out FULL SIZE Hershey's-then I'm sure they will come far and wide to our house.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Meanwhile, we have 5 bags of Hershey's left and it will be a tough job but SOMEBODY'S gonna have to eat it.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 11/01/16 at 2:26 pm

I noticed that once I left high school, time moved.....fast! But that's just my opinion.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/16 at 2:49 pm

Busy season is about to start!  :o And for everyone to forget Halloween even happened. Here comes all the Christmas crap!  :D

Christmas is just a month away. :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/16 at 3:54 pm

Christmas is just a month away. :o

A month & 25 days.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/01/16 at 5:53 pm

sounds fun! will it be your first time seeing mexico?

That portion of it, yes.

I have been on a California coastal cruise a number of times, all of which have included a port of call in Ensenada; I got off the ship there with my family once, and that was two years ago on a three-day getaway cruise on which we celebrated my mom's birthday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/16 at 7:41 pm

After two days of public holidays, and the guests now having gone, hopefully life should return to normal.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/01/16 at 8:03 pm

I'm hoping to see Donald Trump fall flat on his ass.

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/01/16 at 9:21 pm

;D
Whatever happens will be...entertaining, I think it's safe to say. Scary too.

I know! The year went by way too fast. But considering the kind of year it was, maybe that's good?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/01/16 at 9:29 pm

Someone needs to throw tomatoes at him!

Written By: nally on 11/01/16 at 11:46 pm

LOL!! :D

Written By: nally on 11/01/16 at 11:47 pm

After two days of public holidays, and the guests now having gone, hopefully life should return to normal.

I hope so too. Glad to see you back again. O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/16 at 10:00 am

Naaa, he is orange enough. But, someone needs to throw him in jail for fraud, sexual assault, maybe rape, and who knows what else.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/02/16 at 3:10 pm

Welcome Back Phil. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/02/16 at 3:10 pm

I hope so too. ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/02/16 at 3:12 pm

Naaa, he is orange enough. But, someone needs to throw him in jail for fraud, sexual assault, maybe rape, and who knows what else.

Cat

They should've thrown him in jail long time ago. ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 11/02/16 at 3:20 pm

Cat

I prefer to describe him as throbbing red, with insatiable rage!

Written By: violet_shy on 11/02/16 at 5:38 pm

So, the holidays are here. :) I'm not really sure how we will spend it since my father is away and celebrating is going to be hard. I guess we will do our best!

Written By: 80sfan on 11/02/16 at 6:04 pm

Wow, 2016 is almost over. :o

Written By: nally on 11/03/16 at 1:25 am

So, the holidays are here. :) I'm not really sure how we will spend it since my father is away and celebrating is going to be hard. I guess we will do our best!

That's all you can do, is your best.

This will be our first holiday season without my grandpa, as he passed on earlier this year. Tonight we honored him at a mass of remembrance (at church). Other people who lost beloved relatives earlier this year also came to have their loved ones remembered, by lighting a small candle.

Written By: TheKid99 on 11/03/16 at 8:03 am

Well... it is November 3rd, 2016.

Sort of hard to believe in all actuality....

This year has gone by so fast its a bit unbelievable.

My friendship with my best friend continues to grow... its a bit unbelievable. TO give you all a background before I have never had a best friend and I have always had trouble keeping and finding one, mostly due to me being so god damn clingy all the time and since I have autism it is very hard to retain friends easily. But that has all changed since July 28th when I first met my friend Daniel. WE immediately clicked. It was growing very slowly our friendship until August 11th when I went to Kings Island with him was around the time it started growing exponentially and has been growing that way ever since....

Never have I been so thankful to have somebody in my life....

Theres a sort of sense of peace you get when you finally find somebody that completely gets you...

He is there for me.....

And at this time, there is nothing more I could ask for.....

A very bright spot in my life...

Somebody who completely gets me. :)

No relationships with girls are needed ATM when I have somebody who helps me so much through my life....

Friendship is a dying thing in the USA and there is a fear of having friends due to the preicieved meaning that having a close friend means you are gay or something like that... And while there may be significant changes in how people precieve each other today... this has not changed at all, the homophobia of having a close friend because if you ever reach out to another guy, youll be precieved to be gay. Because youre supposed to go find the girl and just compete with other guys and not talk about your emotions or things youre going through or anything. That is not apart of the guy code for some reason and it annoys the hell out of me.... That you have to be the typical guy and just talk about girls or getting drunk on the weekends and not really talk about anything personal.

I have had too many of those type of friends. Those who dont want to talk anything personal

Im glad I finally found somebody that breaks that mundane mold and doesn't comply with trends everyone else sets up and does not give a crap about what others think.

And I am glad I finally have somebody to talk to about what I think of the world, my emotions, what I go through each day... everything....

And it has made my life so much better. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 11/03/16 at 11:12 am

Well... it is November 3rd, 2016.

Sort of hard to believe in all actuality....

This year has gone by so fast its a bit unbelievable.

My friendship with my best friend continues to grow... its a bit unbelievable. TO give you all a background before I have never had a best friend and I have always had trouble keeping and finding one, mostly due to me being so god damn clingy all the time and since I have autism it is very hard to retain friends easily. But that has all changed since July 28th when I first met my friend Daniel. WE immediately clicked. It was growing very slowly our friendship until August 11th when I went to Kings Island with him was around the time it started growing exponentially and has been growing that way ever since....

Never have I been so thankful to have somebody in my life....

Theres a sort of sense of peace you get when you finally find somebody that completely gets you...

He is there for me.....

And at this time, there is nothing more I could ask for.....

A very bright spot in my life...

Somebody who completely gets me. :)

No relationships with girls are needed ATM when I have somebody who helps me so much through my life....

Friendship is a dying thing in the USA and there is a fear of having friends due to the preicieved meaning that having a close friend means you are gay or something like that... And while there may be significant changes in how people precieve each other today... this has not changed at all, the homophobia of having a close friend because if you ever reach out to another guy, youll be precieved to be gay. Because youre supposed to go find the girl and just compete with other guys and not talk about your emotions or things youre going through or anything. That is not apart of the guy code for some reason and it annoys the hell out of me.... That you have to be the typical guy and just talk about girls or getting drunk on the weekends and not really talk about anything personal.

I have had too many of those type of friends. Those who dont want to talk anything personal

Im glad I finally found somebody that breaks that mundane mold and doesn't comply with trends everyone else sets up and does not give a crap about what others think.

And I am glad I finally have somebody to talk to about what I think of the world, my emotions, what I go through each day... everything....

And it has made my life so much better. :)

Our society taught them (young guys/men) to act that way. But I'm sure it's also like half genetics, or science, or whatever.

I find that guys that only care about sports, really one dimensional. I also want to talk about philosophy, the news, politics, life, science. There's so much more to life than sports. Although sports are fun and exciting too.

As for neediness. Who knows more than me, especially before I was about 16??  :D

I'm glad you found a real life friend, where you both can hang out together. Also, the world isn't that evolved yet (and may never come to that place) where we see those who are a bit different (whether by race, mental illness, autism, different beliefs, different philosophies) as 'the other'.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/03/16 at 11:25 am

Cat

And it would be a waste of good food.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/16 at 2:37 pm

And it would be a waste of good food.  :)

That, too. Unless they were rotted and you wouldn't eat them anyway.

Cat

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/03/16 at 3:21 pm

That, too. Unless they were rotted and you wouldn't eat them anyway.

Cat

True Cat.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/03/16 at 4:10 pm

Wow, 2016 is almost over. :o

a month and 28 more days.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/03/16 at 5:39 pm

That's all you can do, is your best.

This will be our first holiday season without my grandpa, as he passed on earlier this year. Tonight we honored him at a mass of remembrance (at church). Other people who lost beloved relatives earlier this year also came to have their loved ones remembered, by lighting a small candle.

I'm so sorry about your grandfather, Jeffrey. But It's nice that he is remembered, especially at this time of the year.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/03/16 at 5:54 pm

Whoa!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/16 at 5:55 pm

Less than that now!

Written By: TheKid99 on 11/03/16 at 6:18 pm

Our society taught them (young guys/men) to act that way. But I'm sure it's also like half genetics, or science, or whatever.

I find that guys that only care about sports, really one dimensional. I also want to talk about philosophy, the news, politics, life, science. There's so much more to life than sports. Although sports are fun and exciting too.

As for neediness. Who knows more than me, especially before I was about 16??  :D

I'm glad you found a real life friend, where you both can hang out together. Also, the world isn't that evolved yet (and may never come to that place) where we see those who are a bit different (whether by race, mental illness, autism, different beliefs, different philosophies) as 'the other'.

Exactly....

You hit it right on the head! :)

It just annoys me so much, like I keep my life private from school and dont have any friends ATM because I have just stopped trying because I dont really see anybody I can be good friends with at my school...

Since I go to a Catholic All Guys school.... you can imagine the homophobic atmosphere...

Im not gay or anything but I would be "considered" and bullied as gay if people knew about the friendship I have with my friend....

Which is why I am happy that the friend I have does not give a crap. :)

But who cares what they think anyway! ;)

Written By: annimal on 11/03/16 at 6:24 pm

oh Hi Like I said in the October thread, I'm off to get some candy

Written By: nally on 11/03/16 at 6:54 pm

I'm so sorry about your grandfather, Jeffrey. But It's nice that he is remembered, especially at this time of the year.

Yes... two years ago my parents went to a Mass of Remembrance at the church near where my maternal grandma lived, because she died earlier that year. This inspired my mom to do the same at our church last year; hold a Remembrance Mass on All Souls Day. It was successful last year, so we did it again this year.

Written By: annimal on 11/03/16 at 7:30 pm

cool if that all is good

Okay let me bring some of my current talk over here,  I think I would love to perform somewhere somehow.  Any ideas how to really get some kind of job started or something?  Sell CD's?  Sing a contract and get a Weird Ann Show?

Written By: Howard on 11/04/16 at 7:40 am

Whoa!

It will be here before you know it and soon they'll be playing Christmas songs once again. ::)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/04/16 at 7:44 am

It will be here before you know it and soon they'll be playing Christmas songs once again. ::)

SH!T no!

Written By: Howard on 11/04/16 at 7:55 am

SH!T no!

I know, I'm sure everyone dreads that, I'm not just the only one  :P ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/16 at 8:51 am

It has already started where I am!

Written By: annimal on 11/04/16 at 11:58 am

Golly oh no not Christmas
Get the L away

Written By: nally on 11/04/16 at 12:18 pm

SH!T no!

I know, I'm sure everyone dreads that, I'm not just the only one  :P ::)

I agree; they should at least wait until the month of December starts before doing it.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/16 at 2:24 pm

It has already started where I am!

OH DEAR! :o

Written By: Howard on 11/04/16 at 2:25 pm

I agree; they should at least wait until the month of December starts before doing it.

They all want to rush the holidays.  ::)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/04/16 at 5:48 pm

They all want to rush the holidays.  ::)

I find many people dislike that. I enjoy it though. :)

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/04/16 at 6:09 pm

I love the holidays and Christmas music! :D We have our decorations and tree up, we've been having Christmas music play as well. ;D

Written By: nally on 11/04/16 at 6:11 pm

Personally, I prefer to wait until after TG to do it. (I.O.W., one holiday at a time.) That's how it always was when I grew up.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/04/16 at 6:28 pm

Personally, I prefer to wait until after TG to do it. (I.O.W., one holiday at a time.) That's how it always was when I grew up.

Well, for Thanksgiving, we just do stuff on one day, for Christmas it's different for us. :)

Written By: annimal on 11/04/16 at 7:38 pm

I don't remember if as a kid, we ever really celibrated Thanksgiving.  I remember times we might be visiting my Dad's Parents and we would say a prayer before we eat.  It's pretty much been Christmas with Santa crud more then anything and soon it will be time to shoot some more reindeers.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/16 at 9:07 pm

I don't remember if as a kid, we ever really celibrated Thanksgiving.  I remember times we might be visiting my Dad's Parents and we would say a prayer before we eat.  It's pretty much been Christmas with Santa crud more then anything and soon it will be time to shoot some more reindeers.
Which date is Thanksgiving?

Written By: annimal on 11/04/16 at 11:01 pm

my callender doesn't even say.  Stupid thing

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/16 at 11:06 pm

my callender doesn't even say.  Stupid thing
Someone must know?

Written By: annimal on 11/04/16 at 11:21 pm

no  don't ask me

I had pizza tonight and seem fine  except I got a headache from the acid the nightshade family plants have.  For me, I need something to help me swallow the tomato.  Olives work great for me and I think the viniger  in ketchup is what helps get it down.  I'll also have a fire in my throat that will need to be put out with citris from fruit. 

Written By: Howard on 11/05/16 at 9:26 am

I love the holidays and Christmas music! :D We have our decorations and tree up, we've been having Christmas music play as well. ;D

There are some Christmas songs I can tolerate and some not as much.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/16 at 9:27 am

November 24th.

Written By: annimal on 11/05/16 at 11:33 am

I'm going to need to hurry and buy a tree and some gift wrap.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/05/16 at 1:00 pm

Thanksgiving is always the last Thursday of November.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/16 at 1:49 pm

Thanksgiving is always the last Thursday of November.

You have any plans for Thanksgiving?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/16 at 3:47 pm

We were planning on going to my sisters in Conn. for Thanksgiving but plans changed and we will be going down there AFTER.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/05/16 at 11:41 pm

November 24th. It's the 4th Thursday of November (in the U.S.). (It can fall as early as the 22nd or as late as the 28th.)

Written By: nally on 11/06/16 at 12:20 am

Anyways, I've been busy for much of today; we spent several hours cleaning up the house because we are having guests over today and tomorrow (they arrived mid-afternoon, and will be staying overnight). Just two people: my dad's cousin and cousin-in-law from South Dakota.

Written By: annimal on 11/06/16 at 11:39 am

cool

lets see what am I doing?  gonna finish looking up food stuff.  See if Joel can record a video or if I can figure out how to get everything in the right place and hit the record button.  I'll be seeing my eye doctor on the 10th and getting my teeth worked on on the 15th.  I also should be able to have my bounce back soon. 

Written By: nally on 11/06/16 at 12:05 pm

cool

lets see what am I doing?  gonna finish looking up food stuff.  See if Joel can record a video or if I can figure out how to get everything in the right place and hit the record button.  I'll be seeing my eye doctor on the 10th and getting my teeth worked on on the 15th.  I also should be able to have my bounce back soon.

Good luck with all that.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/16 at 2:50 pm

We were planning on going to my sisters in Conn. for Thanksgiving but plans changed and we will be going down there AFTER.

Cat

enjoy your Thanksgiving. :)

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/06/16 at 9:12 pm

You have any plans for Thanksgiving?

We'll be eating at my grandma's house with the rest of our family, at least that's what we usually do.

Written By: annimal on 11/07/16 at 12:21 pm

done looking up food.  I'm going to go nuts

Written By: 80sfan on 11/07/16 at 12:59 pm

done looking up food.  I'm going to go nuts

;D  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 11/07/16 at 2:27 pm

It was a wonderful day!

Spent time with Lee today. I bought his mother a beautiful coffee mug yesterday, and I mean beautiful because it's fine china. I gave it to her today. She loved it of course and it was nice giving her something for a change. Anyway, Lee and I had a wonderful day! We watched some movies and he made me lunch(French toast).

Just got home from doing a little grocery shopping. Bought a few items. Now I'm home thankfully! Looking forward to a nice evening, dinner with mom and some time for me.

Hopefully everyone had a great day. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/07/16 at 3:35 pm

We'll be eating at my grandma's house with the rest of our family, at least that's what we usually do.

I may go over my aunt and uncle's house if they invite me over this year again just like last year.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/16 at 3:37 pm

It was a wonderful day!

Spent time with Lee today. I bought his mother a beautiful coffee mug yesterday, and I mean beautiful because it's fine china. I gave it to her today. She loved it of course and it was nice giving her something for a change. Anyway, Lee and I had a wonderful day! We watched some movies and he made me lunch(French toast).

Just got home from doing a little grocery shopping. Bought a few items. Now I'm home thankfully! Looking forward to a nice evening, dinner with mom and some time for me.

Hopefully everyone had a great day. :)

glad you both had a wonderful day. :)

Written By: nally on 11/08/16 at 6:30 pm

Today... what can I say about today?

I tried to get to work early, but had to contend with several traffic jams along the way (even though I left the house at a decent time)... and when I got back home, I went to my polling place, so now I have voted!

Written By: annimal on 11/08/16 at 10:53 pm

still waitin            full recovery
I don't want        no problems see
I'm hopein          I can still juggle three

There's an idea, juggle 3 balls while playing the harmonica

Written By: 80sfan on 11/08/16 at 11:18 pm

still waitin            full recovery
I don't want        no problems see
I'm hopein          I can still juggle three

There's an idea, juggle 3 balls while playing the harmonica

I can juggle four balls at the most!

Written By: annimal on 11/08/16 at 11:22 pm

4?  How do you go that fast?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/08/16 at 11:30 pm

4?  How do you go that fast?

I'm better at 3. I'm okay at 4, but great at 3.

I don't know how I go that fast!

Written By: annimal on 11/08/16 at 11:33 pm

ever tried pins?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 12:25 am

ever tried pins?

I don't want 2 poke an eye out!  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/16 at 9:51 am

I can juggle four balls at the most!

I can juggle 2.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 11:01 am

Cat

;D  ;D

Written By: annimal on 11/09/16 at 3:53 pm

In one hand?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 3:53 pm

In one hand?

Are you asking me, or Cat?

Written By: annimal on 11/09/16 at 3:56 pm

Um, I cant choose between the two of you right now.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 4:00 pm

Um, I cant choose between the two of you right now.

I can do two on one hand.  :P

Written By: annimal on 11/09/16 at 4:03 pm

I still cant finally decide who I'm asking

Written By: nally on 11/09/16 at 4:15 pm

Cat

That's probably my limit too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/16 at 4:18 pm

I can juggle two in two hands (or one in one hand).  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: annimal on 11/09/16 at 10:10 pm

wow! how about with a pin?

Written By: nally on 11/09/16 at 10:17 pm

Anyway... today was a stay-home day for me. :-\\

Written By: annimal on 11/09/16 at 10:24 pm

you too huh?

Written By: nally on 11/09/16 at 10:40 pm

you too huh?

Yeah, I didn't have anywhere to go today. But my mom did (she went to work) and my dad did (he and my uncle went out to my late grandfather's house to do some more cleaning up). Still, being at home allowed me to concentrate on things I needed to do.

Written By: annimal on 11/10/16 at 10:40 am

Well so far it felt nice this morning having whatever from almonds travel through my bloodstreams  by my nose and ears and wherever else it goes. 

serious vent-  I don't know how long I've had glasses thrown at me, but I had to go to Sacramento for someone to tell me I had cateracs. 
I'm going to need to move to Sacramento or something because Modesto's SSI sucks.  They don't have the equiptment to help their patients.

Written By: annimal on 11/10/16 at 3:01 pm

Yeah just frusterated and tired of wearing glass that don't fit me right and need to be over my eyes just right and look through them stright not to have double vision.  I'm not depressed, I'm ready to fight if I continue to feel this way.  I got my latest pair of glasses needed for seeing a little further away  that I got from sacramento and patched the right eye.  I'm having some sort of light problem and seeing spots in both eyes.

Did I mention that I might be thinking about doing some parodies if my eyes will let me?

Written By: karen on 11/10/16 at 3:09 pm

Currently filling in Elizabeth's US college application form - the finance bit.  It has been difficult to collate some of the information they need.  How much we spend on clothing for example.  And why does it matter anyway?

Written By: Howard on 11/10/16 at 3:39 pm

Yeah just frusterated and tired of wearing glass that don't fit me right and need to be over my eyes just right and look through them stright not to have double vision.  I'm not depressed, I'm ready to fight if I continue to feel this way.  I got my latest pair of glasses needed for seeing a little further away  that I got from sacramento and patched the right eye.  I'm having some sort of light problem and seeing spots in both eyes.

Did I mention that I might be thinking about doing some parodies if my eyes will let me?

But you need to wear eyeglasses.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/16 at 4:23 pm

Currently filling in Elizabeth's US college application form - the finance bit.  It has been difficult to collate some of the information they need.  How much we spend on clothing for example.  And why does it matter anyway?

Where is she applying to?

Cat

Written By: annimal on 11/10/16 at 5:12 pm

because?

been out in the sun knocking off dead plant pieces and loose stuff.  As far as the fight feeling it's pretty much gone.  I wouldn't know who I'd be fighting with or how to go about doing it. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/16 at 5:16 pm

Yesterday afternoon I felt the shakes of the magnitude 5 earthquake that hit the Philippines. It was the first time I felt the tremors. I was around 30km from the epicentre, the shakes were very light, and no structural damage.

Written By: nally on 11/10/16 at 8:46 pm

Yesterday afternoon I felt the shakes of the magnitude 5 earthquake that hit the Philippines. It was the first time I felt the tremors. I was around 30km from the epicentre, the shakes were very light, and no structural damage.

Glad you're fine.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/16 at 8:49 pm

Glad you're fine.
Thanks.

I still yet to see tv reports on it.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/16 at 7:38 am

thank god you're fine.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/16 at 7:41 am

thank god you're fine.
It was very light, and lasted for around 10 seconds. All is fine here.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/16 at 9:03 am

good to hear. :)

Written By: nally on 11/11/16 at 9:13 am

That's not so bad. Once again, glad all is fine.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/16 at 11:55 am

I'm going for me free dinner at Applebees.  ;D

Cat

Written By: annimal on 11/11/16 at 12:58 pm

I'm going to, um,  oh yeah  try to finish a couple parodies to send before next month. 

Written By: Howard on 11/11/16 at 2:00 pm

Cat

What are you going to have?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/16 at 5:20 pm

What are you going to have?

I had Three-Cheese Chicken Cavatappi. It was good. I also had a Blondie for dessert (that I shared with Carlos) and a glass of sangria. I am REALLY FULL!

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 11/11/16 at 5:44 pm

It was nice today. Spent some time with my cousins, and my aunt for a change. We talked and had coffee and snacks. Actually they did the talking, I mostly listened. But then my aunt asked me some questions about the DNA kit I sent out for a few days ago. I told her It is a DNA kit that I purchased on Ancestry.com. They send me the kit, I send them a saliva sample and then they analyze it and study it. Then they send me a letter telling me what my ancestry is. I'm mixed really, so I know there is more to me than I know. I have a feeling there is a lot of European ancestry in me, but I guess I won't know until I get the kit and send it back with my sample.

We then talked about some other things. It was nice to spend time with my cousins because I never get to see them. So it was a good day, thankfully. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, please. :)

Written By: nally on 11/12/16 at 12:35 am

Cat

I had Three-Cheese Chicken Cavatappi. It was good. I also had a Blondie for dessert (that I shared with Carlos) and a glass of sangria. I am REALLY FULL!

Cat

Glad you enjoyed your meal!

Written By: nally on 11/12/16 at 12:39 am

It was nice today. Spent some time with my cousins, and my aunt for a change. We talked and had coffee and snacks. Actually they did the talking, I mostly listened. But then my aunt asked me some questions about the DNA kit I sent out for a few days ago. I told her It is a DNA kit that I purchased on Ancestry.com. They send me the kit, I send them a saliva sample and then they analyze it and study it. Then they send me a letter telling me what my ancestry is. I'm mixed really, so I know there is more to me than I know. I have a feeling there is a lot of European ancestry in me, but I guess I won't know until I get the kit and send it back with my sample.

We then talked about some other things. It was nice to spend time with my cousins because I never get to see them. So it was a good day, thankfully. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, please. :)

Sounds good. :)

Similarly, while my dad's cousin and cousin-in-law were visiting us last weekend (they live in South Dakota), they talked about DNA testing and how it relates to family history, as well as the fact that the cousin has also been doing some family history research over the years. In fact, the cousin even put together a big notebook full of her findings, which she brought over to show us.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/16 at 8:02 am

Cat

sounds delicious. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/12/16 at 4:07 pm

Sounds good. :)

Similarly, while my dad's cousin and cousin-in-law were visiting us last weekend (they live in South Dakota), they talked about DNA testing and how it relates to family history, as well as the fact that the cousin has also been doing some family history research over the years. In fact, the cousin even put together a big notebook full of her findings, which she brought over to show us.

I sent the sample today and will take 6 to 8 weeks. I know nothing about my family history so I'm really interested and excited to find out when I get the result from my sample. I was thinking of keeping an online notebook as well.

Written By: nally on 11/12/16 at 9:54 pm

I sent the sample today and will take 6 to 8 weeks. I know nothing about my family history so I'm really interested and excited to find out when I get the result from my sample. I was thinking of keeping an online notebook as well.

Cool. :) Both my parents have been researching their family history for over 10 years, and have been able to trace certain branches back at least two centuries in most cases.

Written By: Elor on 11/13/16 at 6:27 am

Frankly I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I mean to find ancestors of yours through your DNA that company sure would need DNA samples from those ancestors as well to find a mtach, wouldn't they? ???
Without those all they could probably find out is a general location some of your ancestors might have come from. ???
Or am I wrong here? :P

Written By: karen on 11/13/16 at 11:30 am

Where is she applying to?

Cat

MIT and Yale

Written By: karen on 11/13/16 at 11:36 am

Frankly I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I mean to find ancestors of yours through your DNA that company sure would need DNA samples from those ancestors as well to find a mtach, wouldn't they? ???
Without those all they could probably find out is a general location some of your ancestors might have come from. ???
Or am I wrong here? :P

It doesn't necessarily find your direct ancestors.  It is that certain markers in DNA give clues to countries that your ancestors have lived in.  So you get a profile 50% british, 10% greek, etc.  Ancestry.com will also compare your DNA to others who've had the same test and link you up with possible relatives according to the website.

Written By: karen on 11/13/16 at 11:40 am

The annual street fair has been in town the past few days  Dai and I went there on Friday evening for a walk round.  We went on the carousel (I go on this every year) and the dodgems.  Then we had a Nutella crepe (makes a change from donuts or candy floss).

Today James went into town for the annual Remembrance parade with his scout group.

Dai and I went orienteering at a local country park.  I met with some girls from school for them to have an extra practice before the British Schools Championships next weekend.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/16 at 11:48 am

We were looking into those DNA kits and after a bit of research, basically they are just a bit of a scam. They really can't track where your ancestors came from-they can only make assumptions. Another thing with Ancestry.com, they are owned by the Mormons who want to know everything about everyone. Why? I can't tell you.

My mother was a genealogist-and quite a good one at that. She had a lot of dealings with the Mormons. They wanted her to share all of her info with them but wanted her to pay them for their info. Because of that, my mother REFUSED to work with them. (BTW, two of my mother's books are in the Library of Congress.)

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/13/16 at 11:56 am

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been on. But I have been going through something. We'll it's over. I got the courage to leave. I'm home. But they're all mad at me. So I'm scared. I can't go into details because this a public place. But I would be happy to tell any of you. I need to let everything out to help me clear my head. If not fully slightly. So message me if you want the details.

I'm happy to be home. But I'm also angry and I'm sad. I keep thinking, "If this hadn't happend we would be good. We could carry on." But you know I have been telling you guys for a long time how we have problems and I can't trust him. And now I know why. Let's just say I have had access to his private messages and he is a dog. Even if it's just talk. Sure he stopped for me but as soon as we started having problems he started chatting up others again. And now I know why he's been through so many relationships. Before officially breaking up he had moved on to another girl, albight he's still asking another one for a nude picture. But I can tell he's at least somewhat serious about her.

Anyway, I'm ready to move on but I'm so sad. A part of me will always love and miss him. But I just wish I'd never met him. This is hard. The other thing going on is a messed up thing. As I said I can't go into details here but I'm trying my best to figure it out.

I have changed my number. I've also cut my hair, really short, well not a close cut but with layers and not a Bob. But I did this for a few reasons. I will post pics later.

Honestly, I'm scared to say or do anything right now. Not just online either. But I'm going to try my best to get through it.

Written By: Howard on 11/13/16 at 3:30 pm

Cool. :) Both my parents have been researching their family history for over 10 years, and have been able to trace certain branches back at least two centuries in most cases.

My Parents own a small book about our ancestors and our family history.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/13/16 at 3:47 pm

That's interesting! I always wonder how old my family history is.

It's good to have. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/13/16 at 3:52 pm

Yes it is, just in case somebody asks you about your family history, you'll be able to give them the information.

Written By: nally on 11/13/16 at 6:26 pm

that's cool, and good to have.

Mine could be even older than that, but it's hard to know exactly how long such records have been kept and preserved.

Written By: nally on 11/13/16 at 6:26 pm

Anyways, I had a nice day today at church. Saw a few of my young lady friends, one of whom has joined the choir. :)

Written By: annimal on 11/14/16 at 1:07 pm

no like I said I need surgery

Written By: annimal on 11/14/16 at 2:19 pm

i6 tosses juggling 3 balls.  I'm going to put on my pirate patch to keep my straight on looking eye and my regular eye from seeing double.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/14/16 at 2:25 pm

no like I said I need surgery

Reminds me of Harry Potter.  8)

Written By: annimal on 11/14/16 at 4:04 pm

patching an eye?

Written By: nally on 11/14/16 at 7:22 pm

Three more days til I leave for my trip! I washed a few clothes today that I might wanna bring along. Gotta make sure everything's available that I need!

Written By: annimal on 11/15/16 at 2:32 pm

got a teeth appointment coming up and can probably use a little computer rest today. 00 you tom

Written By: Howard on 11/15/16 at 3:14 pm

Three more days til I leave for my trip! I washed a few clothes today that I might wanna bring along. Gotta make sure everything's available that I need!

enjoy the trip, Where you going? :)

Written By: nally on 11/15/16 at 10:23 pm

enjoy the trip, Where you going? :)

Thankx. It's a five-day cruise with one port of call: Cabo San Lucas. I leave on Thursday and come back next Tuesday. :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/16/16 at 10:58 am

I hope you have fun Jeff <3

Written By: annimal on 11/16/16 at 12:48 pm

yes, have fun Jeff

Written By: annimal on 11/16/16 at 2:20 pm

Like I've said my mom did not have a good morning, like I've said somewhere else, I think it's my touch pad that made something print out.  Got a mouse in now so I don't touch the mouse pad.  Think I,ll have lunch now that is lunch time.

Written By: Howard on 11/16/16 at 3:37 pm

Thankx. It's a five-day cruise with one port of call: Cabo San Lucas. I leave on Thursday and come back next Tuesday. :)

enjoy the trip and the weather.

Written By: nally on 11/16/16 at 9:12 pm

I hope you have fun Jeff <3

yes, have fun Jeff

enjoy the trip and the weather.

Thanks all. It should be good. :) :)

Written By: nally on 11/16/16 at 9:17 pm

Today... went to work; got there early, which was good, because I needed to leave early too. This was because I was invited to a volunteer party in the meeting room at the library where I volunteer; I certainly wasn't going to miss that. Had a good time there, came home, and have been making some decisions about what to pack. In fact, right now I'm running one final load of laundry, which contains clothing I'm going to bring along. Hopefully before I go to bed tonight I'll be packed (or at least most of the way there).

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/16 at 2:47 am

Have a safe cruise, and enjoy and relax with it.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/19/16 at 12:54 pm

Feels like December where I'm at.

Written By: annimal on 11/19/16 at 3:59 pm

same here, just suddenly got cold and the sun gone to help keep me warm. 

Written By: 80sfan on 11/19/16 at 5:00 pm

same here, just suddenly got cold and the sun gone to help keep me warm.

It's warm and then cold the next day from where I'm at. Then warm again.  >:(

Written By: violet_shy on 11/19/16 at 5:10 pm

Had a little argument this morning with Lee over something that happened yesterday. But we quickly got over it because he loves me <3  I guess it's normal sometimes for couples to argue.

Today was a busy day, even though it's Saturday. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Written By: Howard on 11/19/16 at 5:44 pm

Feels like December where I'm at.

next week New York will be in the 40's as highs.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/16 at 5:45 pm

Had a little argument this morning with Lee over something that happened yesterday. But we quickly got over it because he loves me <3  I guess it's normal sometimes for couples to argue.

Today was a busy day, even though it's Saturday. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

What do you two argue about?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/16 at 6:16 pm

When you are with someone and it doesn't matter the relationship-friends, spouses, mother/daughter, etc. etc) you ARE going to have disagreements. It is how you work through those disagreements that make or break a relationship. Whenever Carlos & I have one of those, I joke that it was our semi-annual argument-because that is roughly how often we fight. Only about once every 6 months or so. I would say that means we have a REALLY good relationship.  ;D

Cat

Written By: annimal on 11/19/16 at 11:34 pm

well, today I got to see if my red shiny magic shirt still fit me.  Seem great.  Now how do I want to do that card trick in my ZZtop parody so I can make my wand seem all powerful.  The Change It Black video will be easy, it's just going to be done silly. The card trick I'm trying to do is going to be done behind that silly scarf I made.  Think think think diamond king changin to a different thi ing.

Written By: annimal on 11/20/16 at 11:22 am

oh my wand is over here on the table. let me stretch my arm out and get it.  There got it now no the king of diamonds is still here see.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/20/16 at 2:42 pm

So I just came back from a nice long walk. It is terribly cold and windy outside, but that didn't stop me from walking. Bought some pastries(they were heavenly!) and then took another nice walk back home. It is so chilly outside, that when I came back home I thought I peed on myself  ;D haha but I didn't.

This weekend went by TOO fast!

Written By: Howard on 11/20/16 at 3:07 pm

So I just came back from a nice long walk. It is terribly cold and windy outside, but that didn't stop me from walking. Bought some pastries(they were heavenly!) and then took another nice walk back home. It is so chilly outside, that when I came back home I thought I peed on myself  ;D haha but I didn't.

This weekend went by TOO fast!

Today was quite cold and windy, felt like an early December day.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/16 at 4:29 pm

It was autumn-60 degree F. when I went to bed last night. I woke up to winter.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/16 at 4:52 am

Had to take a few days off, my back went into spasm, so I needed rest, in fact still need rest, plus the Internet has been playing up.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/21/16 at 1:19 pm

Today was quite cold and windy, felt like an early December day.

That's how it was today here in Providence. I was walking the Downtown area with Lee, and suddenly a really strong wind nearly blew us away that's how strong it was. It does feel like December!

Written By: Howard on 11/21/16 at 2:56 pm

Had to take a few days off, my back went into spasm, so I needed rest, in fact still need rest, plus the Internet has been playing up.

glad to see you back. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/21/16 at 2:56 pm

That's how it was today here in Providence. I was walking the Downtown area with Lee, and suddenly a really strong wind nearly blew us away that's how strong it was. It does feel like December!

We're getting into winter soon.

Written By: annimal on 11/21/16 at 2:59 pm

I do have a cold, and like what I did instead of raking whatever type of cold medicene mom gave me last night.  I took a small amount of lotion and rubbed some by the enterence of my ears and nose.  Yeah bring all the mucus crud down and let me spit it out.  I've looked once agin lotion is deadly (if I drink the whole bottle).  Medicenes will not get rid of colds and as I've said somewhere before, I've noticed that sodium can really get you gagging..

Written By: nally on 11/22/16 at 2:14 pm

I just got home from my trip almost two hours ago. It was really great!! :) I'd love to talk about it in detail, but I am still in the midst of unpacking right now.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/16 at 2:58 pm

I just got home from my trip almost two hours ago. It was really great!! :) I'd love to talk about it in detail, but I am still in the midst of unpacking right now.

glad you enjoyed it. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 11/22/16 at 10:54 pm

I apologize for being off the grid lately, I got a really bad concusion from getting my head superficially cut open at work saturday and have been resting from everything since then...

At least its thanksgiving break!

Ill finally see my best friend again! :D YAY!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/16 at 7:07 am

Good to hear that you are safely home.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/23/16 at 1:34 pm

I love the unpacking after a trip...I don't know why, heehee.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/16 at 2:59 pm

I takes us ages to unpack, for we are so tired with the traveling.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/23/16 at 3:14 pm

I apologize for being off the grid lately, I got a really bad concusion from getting my head superficially cut open at work saturday and have been resting from everything since then...

I hope you heal quickly and get better.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/23/16 at 3:14 pm

glad you're doing well. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/23/16 at 3:15 pm

Sometimes you'd have to wait until the next day to unpack so you can catch up on some rest.

Written By: nally on 11/23/16 at 6:20 pm

glad you enjoyed it. :)

Thanks! It was lotsa fun.

Written By: nally on 11/23/16 at 6:24 pm

I can totally relate. When I get home I am tired from the traveling, especially from the port to home. But I still managed to unpack most of my luggage.

And I went to work today. I was originally planning on going there yesterday, directly from the Port of L.A., but due to the time of our disembarkation and how long it took us to get through the traffic on the freeway, I decided to go in today instead. I even called my supervisor from my cellphone after I got off the ship, to let her know.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/16 at 8:21 pm

I can totally relate. When I get home I am tired from the traveling, especially from the port to home. But I still managed to unpack most of my luggage.

And I went to work today. I was originally planning on going there yesterday, directly from the Port of L.A., but due to the time of our disembarkation and how long it took us to get through the traffic on the freeway, I decided to go in today instead. I even called my supervisor from my cellphone after I got off the ship, to let her know.
O0

Written By: nally on 11/23/16 at 8:26 pm

O0

Now I have to organize my pictures and stuff... and also take a survey that Princess Cruises sent me in email (to tell about my experience with the cruise, and rate the various aspects of it and such).

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/16 at 8:49 pm

Now I have to organize my pictures and stuff... and also take a survey that Princess Cruises sent me in email (to tell about my experience with the cruise, and rate the various aspects of it and such).
Any offers of discounts on future cruises if you fill out the survey?

Written By: annimal on 11/23/16 at 9:06 pm

The place trying to help me seems to want to help me get a job coach. The all government process to get me that help left me staying from 10:30-who knows and When I got home, fell flat on my bed with no energy in my brain.  I was finally able to get up and go to the kitchen and my dad had some almonds with me.  I was then able to remember that I was on planet earth.  I don't understand why the government needs 999999999999999999999999999999999999999 peaces of information before they can get help anyway.  Makes me wonder if they want to piss and or kill people off more then helping them.

Today was another eye appointment and there was some traffic going home.  I have a nicer looking eye patch. 

Written By: Ripley on 11/24/16 at 2:49 am

I have a terrible couch/cold. But I'm still going to have Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I just hope this sickness goes away real soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/16 at 3:50 am

I have a terrible couch/cold. But I'm still going to have Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I just hope this sickness goes away real soon.
Drink plenty of honey and lemon.

Written By: annimal on 11/24/16 at 11:31 am

My stupid cold has fortunatly been very mild because I've been rubbing a little lotion by my ears and nose then drinking a little extra water.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/24/16 at 1:24 pm

My stupid cold has fortunatly been very mild because I've been rubbing a little lotion by my ears and nose then drinking a little extra water.

Good luck! And Happy turkey day!

Written By: Howard on 11/24/16 at 3:11 pm

feel better. :)

Written By: nally on 11/24/16 at 3:40 pm

Any offers of discounts on future cruises if you fill out the survey?

Probably not, but we did meet with the Future Cruises Consultant when we were on board, to discuss our next possible trip.

Written By: nally on 11/24/16 at 3:41 pm

I hope it does too. It's never fun to get sick during holidays. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/tongue.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/16 at 7:35 pm

Probably not, but we did meet with the Future Cruises Consultant when we were on board, to discuss our next possible trip.
O0

Written By: annimal on 11/24/16 at 9:19 pm

nothing planns for tomarrow and no appointments.  Got about 100 names for jobs I might kind of like if I want to start looking them up.  None of them seem to be jumping out at me.  I recently got this idea that maybe I would like doing nursery rhymes and singing with kids.  I'll give my mom credit this time for saying that we don't live in LA anymore finding a place where I can sign up as an entertainer for a TV show or something.

Written By: nally on 11/24/16 at 11:24 pm

O0

And by the way, I finally was able to go online and take the survey, to provide my feedback on the cruise.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/16 at 7:34 am

So you don't know what next trip you'll be taking? ???

Written By: nally on 11/25/16 at 11:29 am

So you don't know what next trip you'll be taking? ???

As a matter of fact, I DO know what trip we'll be taking next. We've booked a four-day cruise for next March, to go to Catalina and Ensenada.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/16 at 2:39 pm

And by the way, I finally was able to go online and take the survey, to provide my feedback on the cruise.
O0

Written By: Howard on 11/25/16 at 3:50 pm

As a matter of fact, I DO know what trip we'll be taking next. We've booked a four-day cruise for next March, to go to Catalina and Ensenada.

Hope the weather will be nice.

Written By: nally on 11/26/16 at 12:02 pm

Hope the weather will be nice.

In March, the weather in those places should be.

Written By: Ripley on 11/26/16 at 9:28 pm

I'm still under the weather ☹️I hope everyone is doing okay.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 8:24 am

I hope it does too. It's never fun to get sick during holidays. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/tongue.gif

Or unless it was a holiday that you didn't enjoy so much. Although, being sick isn't really positive.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/16 at 3:17 pm

hope you feel better.

Written By: Ripley on 11/27/16 at 6:12 pm

Thanks Howard!  BTW when are we going to get Christmas smileys? :P

Written By: Ripley on 11/27/16 at 6:16 pm

My mom got a cheap turkey Friday so we will be having a post Thanksgiving tonight together. It won't be til 8:00 since she works til then but at least we get to have one. Along with corn, mashed potatoes and gravy and noodles in turkey broth.

Written By: annimal on 11/27/16 at 10:21 pm

my cod didn't make me feel good today and shouldn't keep myself u too much longer.

Written By: nally on 11/27/16 at 10:34 pm

Or unless it was a holiday that you didn't enjoy so much. Although, being sick isn't really positive.

No, it really isn't. Cuz you don't get to enjoy things. I know that anytime I get sick I can't really do certain things that I could normally do when I'm well. In fact, I myself haven't been notably sick at all this year.

Written By: nally on 11/27/16 at 10:36 pm

sorry to hear this. Feel better asap!!

Good question; this year it seems Chucky is quite late in turning off the ones from October.......

http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/huh.gif

Written By: annimal on 11/27/16 at 10:43 pm

Don't anyone go giving me any C  I cant even stand or sit to type it anymore  smilies

Written By: TheKid99 on 11/28/16 at 12:02 pm

OSU Shooting was very scary for me...

My best friend goes there and he sent me a text at 10:12 informing me of the situation and I texted him constantly until 12:30....

He is okay thank god...

But 9 people are injured, suspect is dead... classes cancelled for the rest of the day.

Written By: nally on 11/28/16 at 12:04 pm

My best friend goes there and he sent me a text at 10:12 informing me of the situation and I texted him constantly until 12:30....

He is okay thank god...

But 9 people are injured, suspect is dead... classes cancelled for the rest of the day.

Glad your friend is ok.

Written By: TheKid99 on 11/28/16 at 12:08 pm

Glad your friend is ok.

Yeah... im SO GLAD he is okay, I have had such a horrible day today but thats all that matters to me that he is okay....

Imagine getting a text in the middle of class that with the iphone only having part of the text displayed saying active shooter reported on campus... 1 dead.... almost got a panic attack but then he said he was all okay and hunkered down in the English portion of the building.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/16 at 3:15 pm

Yeah I've noticed they're still Halloween smilies.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/16 at 3:17 pm

He is okay thank god...

glad he's OK.

Written By: Elor on 11/28/16 at 4:29 pm

He is okay thank god...

At least there were no fatalities other than the perpetrator. Man stuff like that just sucks. Do they actually know anything about why he did that (terror, amok)? German media doesn't have anything on that yet.

Written By: nally on 11/28/16 at 5:54 pm

Yeah I've noticed they're still Halloween smilies.

Which makes me wonder where Chucky is and why he hasn't changed 'em...

Written By: nally on 11/28/16 at 6:29 pm

I said I was going to talk about my trip, which ended almost a week ago... but now I am finally going to discuss the details.

It started on Thursday night the 17th; we got on safely and everyone did the safety drill before the ship left port. After the sail-away, we had some dinner and then played some trivia games. First my parents and I partook in a music trivia game in which we had to identify songs from each decade of the Rock Era (name the song and artist)... and we won that game, getting only two answers wrong. Our prize was a bottle of champagne.

The next day was a sea day; my parents and I played a few more games during the day; we also took a walk around certain decks of the ship (to get exercise) and went to Afternoon Tea later on. In the evening we played another music trivia game, this time with songs from the early part of the Rock Era (50s through early 60s) and won another bottle of champagne, even though we got only a couple of wrong answers this time.

Saturday...we reached our destination, Cabo San Lucas, middle of the day; people wishing to go ashore needed to use a tender (lifeboat); my parents and I stayed on the ship the whole day, as we had a shore excursion scheduled for the next day. After we had lunch, we played another name-that-tune music trivia game: identifying Beatles songs. We had the most answers correct on this one; we each won keychains. And in the evening, after we had our dinner, we partook in yet another name-that-tune music trivia game: identifying songs from the 80's; I figured out all the answers by myself, and we won another bottle of champagne. (This was our third champagne bottle; we would use it Monday night.)

Sunday, we got up early in the morning to take our shore excursion, which involved getting on a boat to tour the Arches around Cabo, as well as the surrounding areas. Then we got on a bus to tour the area...and when we got back on the ship, it was time for us to have lunch. Then I attended a presentation about a certain brand of watches (which I discussed in another thread) and later relayed the information to my parents. We also attended an art lecture, before going down to the dining room to have dinner. We later took a moment to talk with the Future Cruise Consultant to discuss future cruise plans.

Monday was my mom's birthday. We visited the jewelry shop, to check out the watches that I had learned about the previous day; my mom eventually decided to purchase a new watch, and my dad got a special kind of watch. It was shortly after that when I got a picture taken with the young lady who gave the presentation. Then I had lunch with my parents; soon after that, my mom got a spa treatment on the ship while my dad and I relaxed in our room. Later on, we had a nice meal in the dining room to celebrate my mom's birthday; the waiters even presented her with a little cake, which she shared with me and my dad. A few hours later, we played another name-that-tune trivia game; this time it was all about the British Invasion. My parents and I teamed up with two other ladies we met on the ship (so we had a team of five people this time)...and won yet another bottle of champagne, which we gave to one of the ladies.

So altogether we won four bottles of champagne (playing trivia games), and brought home two of them (as one was used at dinnertime, and the other we gave away). And we all had a good time on the ship. :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/28/16 at 7:22 pm

He is okay thank god...

I'm glad he's okay🙁

Written By: Ripley on 11/28/16 at 7:23 pm

Congrats on the wine!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/16 at 10:24 pm

All was going perfectly well on Saturday evening, until when the Internet packed it's bags and left us! So over the last few days it has been limited television and being social. Hopefully all will be back to normal now.

Written By: nally on 11/28/16 at 10:34 pm

Congrats on the wine!

I'm actually not much of a drinker, but I did have a few sips of champagne.

Can't believe it's been almost a whole week since I got back!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/16 at 1:44 am

I said I was going to talk about my trip, which ended almost a week ago... but now I am finally going to discuss the details.

It started on Thursday night the 17th; we got on safely and everyone did the safety drill before the ship left port. After the sail-away, we had some dinner and then played some trivia games. First my parents and I partook in a music trivia game in which we had to identify songs from each decade of the Rock Era (name the song and artist)... and we won that game, getting only two answers wrong. Our prize was a bottle of champagne.

The next day was a sea day; my parents and I played a few more games during the day; we also took a walk around certain decks of the ship (to get exercise) and went to Afternoon Tea later on. In the evening we played another music trivia game, this time with songs from the early part of the Rock Era (50s through early 60s) and won another bottle of champagne, even though we got only a couple of wrong answers this time.

Saturday...we reached our destination, Cabo San Lucas, middle of the day; people wishing to go ashore needed to use a tender (lifeboat); my parents and I stayed on the ship the whole day, as we had a shore excursion scheduled for the next day. After we had lunch, we played another name-that-tune music trivia game: identifying Beatles songs. We had the most answers correct on this one; we each won keychains. And in the evening, after we had our dinner, we partook in yet another name-that-tune music trivia game: identifying songs from the 80's; I figured out all the answers by myself, and we won another bottle of champagne. (This was our third champagne bottle; we would use it Monday night.)

Sunday, we got up early in the morning to take our shore excursion, which involved getting on a boat to tour the Arches around Cabo, as well as the surrounding areas. Then we got on a bus to tour the area...and when we got back on the ship, it was time for us to have lunch. Then I attended a presentation about a certain brand of watches (which I discussed in another thread) and later relayed the information to my parents. We also attended an art lecture, before going down to the dining room to have dinner. We later took a moment to talk with the Future Cruise Consultant to discuss future cruise plans.

Monday was my mom's birthday. We visited the jewelry shop, to check out the watches that I had learned about the previous day; my mom eventually decided to purchase a new watch, and my dad got a special kind of watch. It was shortly after that when I got a picture taken with the young lady who gave the presentation. Then I had lunch with my parents; soon after that, my mom got a spa treatment on the ship while my dad and I relaxed in our room. Later on, we had a nice meal in the dining room to celebrate my mom's birthday; the waiters even presented her with a little cake, which she shared with me and my dad. A few hours later, we played another name-that-tune trivia game; this time it was all about the British Invasion. My parents and I teamed up with two other ladies we met on the ship (so we had a team of five people this time)...and won yet another bottle of champagne, which we gave to one of the ladies.

So altogether we won four bottles of champagne (playing trivia games), and brought home two of them (as one was used at dinnertime, and the other we gave away). And we all had a good time on the ship. :)
O0

Sound like a good time! Especially the Champagne!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/16 at 4:50 am

All was going perfectly well on Saturday evening, until when the Internet packed it's bags and left us! So over the last few days it has been limited television and being social. Hopefully all will be back to normal now.
Four hours after getting the Internet back, we had a two hour power cut!

Written By: nally on 11/29/16 at 8:46 am

O0

Sound like a good time! Especially the Champagne!

Yep. And we served some of it after our Thanksgiving dinner here at home.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/29/16 at 10:23 am

Four hours after getting the Internet back, we had a two hour power cut!

That doesn't seem bad. At least it's not three days, since that was the last time I had an internet blackout. Thankfully, it happened four years ago.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/16 at 3:18 pm

Which makes me wonder where Chucky is and why he hasn't changed 'em...

Where is Chucky? ???

Written By: Howard on 11/29/16 at 3:20 pm

That doesn't seem bad. At least it's not three days, since that was the last time I had an internet blackout. Thankfully, it happened four years ago.

our blackout happened 4 years ago.

Written By: annimal on 11/29/16 at 5:11 pm

crazy day  I officially have my bounce back and I now look so hot that the doctor took pictures of me.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/29/16 at 7:00 pm

our blackout happened 4 years ago.

If you were talking about Hurricane Sandy, then yeah. That was exactly when my blackout happened.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 11/30/16 at 11:32 am

If you were talking about Hurricane Sandy, then yeah. That was exactly when my blackout happened.  :\'(

Oh yes, it affected much of the East Coast. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 11/30/16 at 3:11 pm

There was no internet for close to a month. :(

Written By: violet_shy on 11/30/16 at 7:39 pm

I hope everyone is having a great evening/morning/afternoon...whatever! I'm off to bed so good night all! <3

Written By: Ripley on 11/30/16 at 8:32 pm

I'm not much a drinker of an alcohol Jeff :p

Written By: annimal on 11/30/16 at 9:22 pm

Hi all the past appointments for doctors and stuff and now having my ankles and wrists sore as well as other spots. so far the floor feels comfortable.  My mom just had surgery and cant walk without those sticks you push down.  Well going to say bye and see if my rists stop feeling so sore.

Written By: nally on 11/30/16 at 9:46 pm

I'm not much a drinker of an alcohol Jeff :p

Me neither.

Written By: karen on 12/01/16 at 3:44 pm

Looking back I haven't posted in this thread since early November.

In quick summary

Elizabeth turned 18 and we went to a Jamie Oliver restaurant in Nottingham for a meal.

The school orienteering team won the British Schools championships for the second year running.  Though we didn't run well enough the day before to qualify for the World Schools event next year.

James is taking part in a school exchange and we have a Chinese boy coming to stay for a couple of weeks.  He was supposed to arrive on Elizabeth's birthday but was delayed for various reasons.  James will go to China next summer.

It's nearly Dai's birthday and I have no idea what to buy him.

We booked tickets to go and see Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed

Written By: Howard on 12/01/16 at 3:55 pm

I hope everyone is having a great evening/morning/afternoon...whatever! I'm off to bed so good night all! <3

Have a great day!  :)

Written By: annimal on 12/02/16 at 5:59 pm

oh hi  I'm busy enjoying a wonderful headache.  If  I can get up early enough tomorrow, the music group will be doing songs as a pancake breakfast.  They want me to e-mail them where my Thanksgiving parodies are and I thought if I submit my Cmas ones then I can give them those too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/16 at 6:00 pm

oh hi  I'm busy enjoying a wonderful headache.  If  I can get up early enough tomorrow, the music group will be doing songs as a pancake breakfast.  They want me to e-mail them where my Thanksgiving parodies are and I thought if I submit my Cmas ones then I can give them those too.
I find a good sleep will ease a headache.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/16 at 7:22 am

I find a good sleep will ease a headache.

plenty of rest and relaxation

Written By: annimal on 12/03/16 at 12:43 pm

cold and or from  some oil I put in my ear.  This reindeer made in to the music performance and back.  Like a light bulb and stuff for the kids.

Check for new replies or respond here...