inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Let's Make This December One To Remember

Written By: Ripley on 11/26/16 at 9:38 pm

Has anybody else started decorating yet? I have my tree and everything up.

Subject: Re: Let's Make This December One To Remember

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 7:24 am

My family is still going through the post-Thanksgiving leftovers. We'll might have our tree in early December, though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/16 at 11:10 am

Bah humbug!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/27/16 at 3:16 pm

Has anybody else started decorating yet? I have my tree and everything up.

I can't believe it's the last month of the year.  :o

Written By: Ripley on 11/27/16 at 6:14 pm

^ Me either.

My mom and I will be looking at lights around town sometime this month. What's sad is that most people don't decorate outside anymore.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 8:47 pm

^ Me either.

My mom and I will be looking at lights around town sometime this month. What's sad is that most people don't decorate outside anymore.

Some of the people that I know in my neighborhood still decorate outside. It's not different to me, since my family usually decorates inside the house. At least with a Christmas tree.

Written By: Ripley on 11/27/16 at 10:53 pm

We don't have the money to decorate outside or we would

Written By: nally on 11/27/16 at 10:55 pm

Have I started decorating yet? Absolutely not. I like to wait until after the month begins... in fact, we have plans next weekend to start decorating.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/16 at 3:18 pm

I'm looking forward to my week vacation, the 11th-17th.  :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/28/16 at 4:07 pm

I'm looking forward to my week vacation, the 11th-17th.  :)

I have my week vacation during Christmas, up until the 2nd or 3rd.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/28/16 at 5:47 pm

I'm taking a trip to Conn. for a few days to visit 2 of my sisters.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/16 at 5:49 am

https://christthetruth.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/beginning-to-look-like-christmas-post.jpg

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/29/16 at 7:12 am

https://christthetruth.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/beginning-to-look-like-christmas-post.jpg

It's not even December yet and I have to agree with this.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/16 at 3:22 pm

I have my week vacation during Christmas, up until the 2nd or 3rd.

I decided to take it the week before the Christmas craziness begins.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/16 at 5:15 pm

White rabbit!

Written By: Ripley on 11/30/16 at 9:40 pm

I hope you get to relax a lot during your week off.

Written By: karen on 12/01/16 at 3:48 pm

Decorated the tree at work today.

Tomorrow and on Monday and Tuesday it is the annual madness that is Tableaux at school.  The school seniors take part recreating various works of art that tell the Christmas story with carols and readings.  Elizabeth is one of the kings and has to carry a censor of incense as she walks through the hall to the stage.  James said it makes her king of the swingers!

Dai's birthday next week.

Chinese students arriving tomorrow for two weeks visit

Written By: Howard on 12/01/16 at 3:54 pm

I hope you get to relax a lot during your week off.

I plan to sleep a little more hours without having to get up so early, I plan to eat breakfast like a pig since I don't really have much of anything during the morning hours before work, hang out with friends and just relax.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/16 at 4:15 pm

Decorated the tree at work today.

Tomorrow and on Monday and Tuesday it is the annual madness that is Tableaux at school.  The school seniors take part recreating various works of art that tell the Christmas story with carols and readings.  Elizabeth is one of the kings and has to carry a censor of incense as she walks through the hall to the stage.  James said it makes her king of the swingers!

Dai's birthday next week.

Chinese students arriving tomorrow for two weeks visit
...the students are not staying for Christmas?

Written By: nally on 12/01/16 at 7:56 pm

By the way... my dad has a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow afternoon; he has been preparing for it all week.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/16 at 8:51 pm

By the way... my dad has a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow afternoon; he has been preparing for it all week.
...fasting overnight?

I wish him well.

Written By: nally on 12/01/16 at 8:53 pm

...fasting overnight?

I wish him well.
Yes. Today he is not allowed to eat solid foods; tomorrow he'll only be limited to water (in the morning). My mom will be driving him to and from the doctors office.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/16 at 9:29 pm

Yes. Today he is not allowed to eat solid foods; tomorrow he'll only be limited to water (in the morning). My mom will be driving him to and from the doctors office.
Like we do, go for a good meal afterwards?

Written By: Howard on 12/02/16 at 7:34 am

I wish him well.

Written By: nally on 12/02/16 at 11:30 am

Possibly, for dinner. We'll see how it all goes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/16 at 11:31 am

Possibly, for dinner. We'll see how it all goes.
One we just had sandwiches prepared.

Written By: karen on 12/02/16 at 1:01 pm

...the students are not staying for Christmas?

They were supposed to arrive two weeks ago and stay for a month.  They will get some idea of Christmas in the UK as lots of things will be happening at school before they leave

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/16 at 6:01 pm

They were supposed to arrive two weeks ago and stay for a month.  They will get some idea of Christmas in the UK as lots of things will be happening at school before they leave
Splendid!

Also, a good excuse for an earlier Christmas dinner?

Written By: nally on 12/02/16 at 7:07 pm

By the way, my parents just called me and my mom said everything went well; my dad is still groggy from the anaesthesia. They will be coming directly home; they just need to get through all the traffic on the roads.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/16 at 8:14 pm

By the way, my parents just called me and my mom said everything went well; my dad is still groggy from the anaesthesia. They will be coming directly home; they just need to get through all the traffic on the roads.
Take care!

Written By: Howard on 12/03/16 at 7:21 am

Take good care.

Written By: nally on 12/03/16 at 9:50 am

Take care!

Take good care.

They got home safely last night. As for dinner, they picked up take-out on the way home, which we ate at home. (He can eat normally again now!)

Written By: nally on 12/03/16 at 7:44 pm

Started decorating the inside of the house today.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/03/16 at 7:57 pm

Good luck for them.

Written By: nally on 12/03/16 at 7:58 pm

Good luck for them.

thank you, but my dad was the one who had the operation yesterday. My mom drove him to and from the doctor office.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/03/16 at 7:59 pm

thank you, but my dad was the one who had the operation yesterday. My mom drove him to and from the doctor office.

But they would still go through all the traffic in LA.

Written By: nally on 12/03/16 at 8:01 pm

But they would still go through all the traffic in LA.

And they did. Hence, it took a while for them to get home.

Today everything was just fine, as we were home most of the day (however, I went out in the morning). :)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/03/16 at 10:25 pm

I will have made it through my 40th year on this planet.  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/04/16 at 3:12 pm

I will have made it through my 40th year on this planet.  :D

It's your birthday?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/04/16 at 6:23 pm

It's your birthday?

Back in September it was.  Next September I'll be through the whole year.  LOL! ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/05/16 at 1:05 pm

My Snoopy stocking is hanging up and I've watch as many Rankin-Bass Christmas specials as I can.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/05/16 at 1:31 pm

My Snoopy stocking is hanging up and I've watch as many Rankin-Bass Christmas specials as I can.

You could've just watched one each day, since it ruins the tradition of watching a Christmas special throughout the month of December.

Written By: nally on 12/05/16 at 9:06 pm

I was at home all day today. Needed to take the car in for service, though.

Written By: karen on 12/07/16 at 11:37 am

Last night was the strange annual event that is School Tableaux.  It has been a feature of the girls school Elizabeth attends (and where I work) for the past 96 years!

There are ten tableaux recreating works of art telling the Christmas story.  These are displayed on stage with an appropriate reading or a choir singing a carol.  Elizabeth was one of the kings.  She walked through hall during the relevant verse of We Three Kings and then formed a tableau based on Adoration of the Magi by Albrecht Durer.

We also joined in some of the carols.

Written By: annimal on 12/07/16 at 12:01 pm

haven't said much here have I?  No decorations.  My pretty little viola flowers are still flowering in the cold and not much days of sun if any.  We're still going to see if this place can give me help finding some sort of job and provide their survices or just make me sign papers. 

Written By: violet_shy on 12/07/16 at 3:34 pm

So my mom and I put up the Christmas tree last week. Shew says it's my tree since it was my idea to put one up. I've done most of my Christmas shopping, but I haven't finished yet. Still need to send out some holiday cards...its a busy month, but I love it!

Written By: nally on 12/07/16 at 4:49 pm

So my mom and I put up the Christmas tree last week. Shew says it's my tree since it was my idea to put one up. I've done most of my Christmas shopping, but I haven't finished yet. Still need to send out some holiday cards...its a busy month, but I love it!

nice!! http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/smiley.gif

On a related note, we got our tree put up over the weekend (an artificial one), and still need to put the ornaments on it... but today we bought a small real tree, which we put in the entryway of our home. So, things are coming together with our decorating.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/07/16 at 5:06 pm

nice!! http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/smiley.gif

On a related note, we got our tree put up over the weekend (an artificial one), and still need to put the ornaments on it... but today we bought a small real tree, which we put in the entryway of our home. So, things are coming together with our decorating.

Our tree is also fake, but it looks so nice! I heard that real Christmas trees have a nice scent on them, don't know if that is true since we've never had a real Christmas tree. My sister did last year but her tree changed color really fast and had a bad scent after a while. *shrugg* Glad you've been decorating!

Written By: nally on 12/07/16 at 5:09 pm

Our tree is also fake, but it looks so nice! I heard that real Christmas trees have a nice scent on them, don't know if that is true since we've never had a real Christmas tree. My sister did last year but her tree changed color really fast and had a bad scent after a while. *shrugg* Glad you've been decorating!

Yes they do have a nice scent on them. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/smiley.gif That's why we like to have one every year. We always would get a nice tree, 6 or 7 feet tall, and decorate it nicely. And we would usually get 3 or 4 weeks out of it (and take it all down by Epiphany, although some years we've had to take it down by New Years).

But last year we decided to invest in an artificial, put-it-together tree, which should hopefully last five years or so... and it worked out well. Maybe I'll share a picture of it sometime.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/07/16 at 5:18 pm

Yes they do have a nice scent on them. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/smiley.gif That's why we like to have one every year. We always would get a nice tree, 6 or 7 feet tall, and decorate it nicely. And we would usually get 3 or 4 weeks out of it (and take it all down by Epiphany, although some years we've had to take it down by New Years).

But last year we decided to invest in an artificial, put-it-together tree, which should hopefully last five years or so... and it worked out well. Maybe I'll share a picture of it sometime.

Oh those big Christmas trees are beautiful! The one we have now is only 4 feet tall, lol. But it's really about the decorations. Ours is not a white artificial tree, it looks like a real one. It is decorated with red, silver, and gold ornaments, blue and silver garland around it, and a violet/purplish star on the top. Oh, and multicolored lights! 

Written By: nally on 12/07/16 at 8:19 pm

Oh those big Christmas trees are beautiful! The one we have now is only 4 feet tall, lol. But it's really about the decorations. Ours is not a white artificial tree, it looks like a real one. It is decorated with red, silver, and gold ornaments, blue and silver garland around it, and a violet/purplish star on the top. Oh, and multicolored lights! 

I always loved multicolored lights on a tree; in fact, that's how we'd dress up our real trees. However, the put-it-together tree we have has built-in white (clear) lights. We have other places we can put our colored lights.
One other thing, we have a wide variety of different ornaments; we even like to get a dated one each year; that way we know there's going to be at least one new ornament on the tree. We also have undated ones, that we put up every year.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/07/16 at 8:28 pm

I wanted to go clothes shopping this week but my mom messed up her shoulder by over working herself.  :P

Written By: karen on 12/08/16 at 11:17 am

Artificial trees last for many years.  Our tree is about 25 years old. Elizabeth wants us to buy a new one, but Dai doesn't see the need.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/16 at 3:43 pm

I wanted to go clothes shopping this week but my mom messed up her shoulder by over working herself.  :P

You can try shopping online. ???

Written By: Howard on 12/08/16 at 3:44 pm

I now start my final week off vacation.  :)

Written By: nally on 12/08/16 at 11:02 pm

Artificial trees last for many years.  Our tree is about 25 years old. Elizabeth wants us to buy a new one, but Dai doesn't see the need.

Glad yours has stood the test of time.  :)

Ours has built-in lights, as stated above; that may or may not affect how long it lasts. We shall see.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/16 at 3:46 am

I now start my final week off vacation.  :)
Splendid! Going away nice?

Written By: Howard on 12/09/16 at 7:55 am

Splendid! Going away nice?

No, just staying home, spending time with a good friend, food shopping and being in the house most of the times.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/16 at 7:56 am

No, just staying home, spending time with a good friend, food shopping and being in the house most of the times.
Staying at home can still be relaxing.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/16 at 8:16 am

Staying at home can still be relaxing.

It's been a busy week.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/09/16 at 10:33 am

I had an artificial tree for many years and really HATED it. I put it up every year and cussed it every year. The funny thing was, I lived alone at the time and didn't HAVE to put it up. (Actually, at the time, I couldn't afford a real one.)  Finally, when I moved in with Carlos, he is a real tree kind of guy-which I have always been a real tree kind of person, too. I got rid of that *&^$##% artificial tree and when we do get a tree, it is always real.

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/09/16 at 4:03 pm

Elizabeth is at the annual Christmas ball at school and James and Irving are at Scout camp so Dai and I are home alone...

We've wrapped several Christmas presents and now I'm messing on the computer and he's writing Christmas cards

Christmas shopping tomorrow I think.  Any ideas what Dai might want?

Written By: annimal on 12/09/16 at 4:10 pm

Ni, I've been looking through all my parodies to recall some songs I knew and see how many I might want to video.  Some of my cartoon stuff will be too old for any kids to know about unless they have a parent or someone to look all over youtube for stuff or something.  I don't know how many nursery rhymes are used these days either.  May need to just stick with magic tricks, juggling, or just being stupid Whenever I start getting some videos done.

Written By: nally on 12/09/16 at 11:48 pm

Started to get the tree decorated this evening; we'll finish it up tomorrow (morning, hopefully).

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/10/16 at 2:03 am

You can try shopping online. ???

I shop in store only for several reasons.

1.  Shopping online is too expensive when you factor in what it costs to ship things out from the store vs just going to the store.
2.  Online shopping can't always garauntee that the clothes that you want will come in your size.
3.  I like going to the store and trying things on in the store vs at home because if it doesn't fit then you can leave it on the store rack instead of paying an arm, a leg, and part of your colon to send it back to the store via post.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/16 at 7:48 am

I shop in store only for several reasons.

1.  Shopping online is too expensive when you factor in what it costs to ship things out from the store vs just going to the store.
2.  Online shopping can't always garauntee that the clothes that you want will come in your size.
3.  I like going to the store and trying things on in the store vs at home because if it doesn't fit then you can leave it on the store rack instead of paying an arm, a leg, and part of your colon to send it back to the store via post.

That's what I do sometimes when I want to shop for clothes, I go into the store and try them on.

Written By: karen on 12/10/16 at 10:04 am

Did some Christmas shopping today, but still one or two things to get.

Going out for a meal tonight as a belated birthday meal for Dai.  Plus Elizabeth has friends coming round so we are being kicked out of the house!

Written By: annimal on 12/10/16 at 12:00 pm

Maybe 9 parodies I've written in the past that I might want to try and video.  Some I can just act out and others I may need to add pictures and or whatever.  I'm going to need to start drinking steak sauce again.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/10/16 at 2:00 pm

Today I sent out all of my Christmas cards. Then I went to one of the flea markets close to us. They had so many nice things! Definitely going there when I move to get items for my apartment. Then I had lunch with my mother. We talked and did some catching up, it was nice. Busy morning so I'm looking forward to a nice quiet afternoon/evening.

Written By: annimal on 12/10/16 at 3:50 pm

Had steak sauce for lunch.  Hey whos driving that little car in here?

Written By: nally on 12/10/16 at 4:22 pm

Finished putting all the rest of the ornaments on our tree this morning. Also did more decorating inside the house.

Written By: annimal on 12/10/16 at 5:42 pm

I don't think wer'e going to be doing any decorations over here this time.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/10/16 at 11:38 pm

I don't think wer'e going to be doing any decorations over here this time.

That's sad!!!  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 12/11/16 at 7:50 am

Today starts my week off and I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can possibly can.  :)

Written By: nally on 12/11/16 at 8:21 am

Today starts my week off and I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can possibly can.  :)

That's good. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/afro.gif

Written By: karen on 12/11/16 at 9:59 am

I was Morris dancing in town today.  The council are trying to encourage people to do their shopping in town by offering free parking on Sundays and a variety of events.  Today was supposed to be a Christmas Fun Day with festive music and street entertainment.  We thought we'd go along and find some spots to dance to add some extra colour.  Turns out we were about the only street entertainers there so we got a prime spot!  We got  good audience, but it wasn't as busy or lively as I thought it was going to be.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/16 at 12:37 pm

That's good. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/afro.gif

just a nice quiet week to think about nothing.

Written By: nally on 12/11/16 at 11:05 pm

just a nice quiet week to think about nothing.

Good for you. I've got things of my own I need to think about...and do.

Written By: annimal on 12/12/16 at 11:19 am

Microwave and thunder  Iv'e got tuna fried in a pan

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/13/16 at 10:04 am

Just another day...

But another day closer to Saturday! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/16 at 3:10 pm

I think it is safe to say that I am finished with my book. Probably tomorrow I am off to the printers. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get it printed up. I'm only going get 25 copies and unlike my first book that had 80 some-odd pages, this one will only have 27-including the front cover.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/16 at 3:12 pm

I think it is safe to say that I am finished with my book. Probably tomorrow I am off to the printers. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get it printed up. I'm only going get 25 copies and unlike my first book that had 80 some-odd pages, this one will only have 27-including the front cover.

Cat
Good luck with the venture!

Written By: Howard on 12/13/16 at 3:16 pm

Just another day...

But another day closer to Saturday! :)

What's Saturday? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/16 at 3:25 pm

Good luck with the venture!

It is a Christmas gift for the grandkids-like my last book was.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/13/16 at 4:33 pm

Oh hi, there was a spider in here this morning so I took a bunck of pics of him or her to use for my ispy wispy.  Had lunch a little later and have just been looking at pictures of things and stuff in case I might want some crazy thoughts in my fideos for whhen I go crazy.

Written By: nally on 12/13/16 at 7:17 pm

Cat

It is a Christmas gift for the grandkids-like my last book was.

Cat

well, I'm sure they'll love it. It's always nice when you can put together something to give to family.

Written By: karen on 12/14/16 at 12:54 am

What's Saturday? ???

the weekend!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/16 at 10:30 am

well, I'm sure they'll love it. It's always nice when you can put together something to give to family.

It is called "Finding Yourself." Here are a couple of the pics (there are 9 to find):

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/Find%20Me%2016_zpsmxgfjrcu.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/Find%20Me%208_zpsugiadpwn.jpg

Some are quite hard. I am also going to give them each a magnifying card to help them if they want/need it. I hope they like it.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/14/16 at 11:12 am

It is called "Finding Yourself." Here are a couple of the pics (there are 9 to find):

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/Find%20Me%2016_zpsmxgfjrcu.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/Find%20Me%208_zpsugiadpwn.jpg

Some are quite hard. I am also going to give them each a magnifying card to help them if they want/need it. I hope they like it.

Cat

Ah, very nice.  8) :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/14/16 at 12:03 pm

What's Saturday? ???

From saturday until mid january my best friend will be in town! :)

Written By: nally on 12/14/16 at 12:33 pm

From saturday until mid january my best friend will be in town! :)

cool beans. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/afro.gif

Written By: Howard on 12/14/16 at 3:13 pm

Cat

I see it.

Written By: nally on 12/14/16 at 3:17 pm

Here's one bit of news on my homefront... my parents are in the market for a new car (specifically, a 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid). Our Toyota Sienna minivan, which we've had for 13+ years (and the car that I've primarily been driving for the last 3 1/2 yrs), has 197,000 miles on it, and we'd like to sell it pretty soon; in fact, a musician friend of ours from church has expressed interest in buying it, since his own car recently died. So, right now, my parents are visiting a Toyota car dealership, and they just might come home with a new car.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/16 at 3:32 pm

Here's one bit of news on my homefront... my parents are in the market for a new car (specifically, a 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid). Our Toyota Sienna minivan, which we've had for 13+ years (and the car that I've primarily been driving for the last 3 1/2 yrs), has 197,000 miles on it, and we'd like to sell it pretty soon; in fact, a musician friend of ours from church has expressed interest in buying it, since his own car recently died. So, right now, my parents are visiting a Toyota car dealership, and they just might come home with a new car.

We bought a new car last year. What we did first was shop on-line for make/model. Carlos likes a stick which are hard to come by these days. There are only a few around. There were a few we had in mind-one being a Toyota & the other a Honda. I really wanted the Honda but we went to the Toyota dealer first. They gave us their sales pitch. Right after we went (literally) next door to the Honda place and said "This is what the Toyota dealer offered us. What can you do to top that?" And we got a GREAT deal on the Honda. It did help that this was our third car we bought from them and also the general manager was a friend.

My advice if they don't come home with a new one, have them check out other dealers and then walk into the place that has the car you REALLY want last and have them top the competitor's deal.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/14/16 at 4:35 pm

They did come home with one, just a little while ago. :)

Written By: annimal on 12/14/16 at 6:09 pm

^ cool

Im still trying to figure out how I might want to do my card trick if I did that wand in hand video.  I think I need to stop thinking about doing videos so much.

Written By: nally on 12/14/16 at 11:51 pm

Went to a Christmas party this evening with some people I'd met through networking. Had a great time. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/cool.gif

Written By: Howard on 12/15/16 at 7:51 am

Where did they go?

Written By: karen on 12/15/16 at 11:32 am

Great.  Have you driven it yet?  Even though its also a Toyota they can have a different dashboard layout between the various models

Written By: annimal on 12/15/16 at 4:05 pm

My brother John is coming back from Mexico and is now in San Deigo with our aunt Rosie and uncle Mike.

Written By: nally on 12/15/16 at 5:55 pm

Great.  Have you driven it yet?  Even though its also a Toyota they can have a different dashboard layout between the various models

Nope. Haven't gotten a chance yet. I'm sure I will at some point. :)

Written By: nally on 12/15/16 at 5:56 pm

Where did they go?

To a Toyota dealership, to buy a new car.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/16 at 10:08 am

We are supposed to be going to a Christmas party tonight but I'm not sure if we will go. It is really piling up out there and the road is covered. They say it is supposed to stop about 1 this afternoon. Who knows if the roads will be clear by the time we were planning on heading out. I'm sure our hosts will understand if we don't go. But man, I really hate when I missed out on some delicious food.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/17/16 at 10:48 am

We are supposed to be going to a Christmas party tonight but I'm not sure if we will go. It is really piling up out there and the road is covered. They say it is supposed to stop about 1 this afternoon. Who knows if the roads will be clear by the time we were planning on heading out. I'm sure our hosts will understand if we don't go. But man, I really hate when I missed out on some delicious food.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

I hope it clears up; if not, then that's that.  I know how it is when you wanna go somewhere like a party and can't because of certain circumstances. If you do go, then be safe!

Written By: nally on 12/17/16 at 10:49 am

And by the way... our musician friend who wants to buy our van is coming over this morning.

So this means I'll primarily be driving the Altima we bought used 3 1/2 years ago.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/16 at 11:29 am

I hope it clears up; if not, then that's that.  I know how it is when you wanna go somewhere like a party and can't because of certain circumstances. If you do go, then be safe!

It is still snowing. Both Carlos & I are having mixed feelings about this evening. Yeah, we would like to go but no we don't want to venture out. We are still playing it by ear.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/17/16 at 11:52 am

John decided to go back to Mexico for a little while.  I think I would have liked to see him again.

I have some new video plans  I'm forgetting sharp d man and  >:( just telling everyone how I did the trick in my first video  ::) 

Written By: Howard on 12/17/16 at 1:35 pm

Cat

How about giving it a shot and going but take some caution.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/16 at 5:25 pm

Nope. Didn't go.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 12/17/16 at 5:48 pm

Nope. Didn't go.

Cat

I got one inch of snow from where I'm from.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/16 at 6:58 pm

The roads seem fine but Carlos didn't want to dig out the car.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/17/16 at 7:57 pm

It's too damn cold outside to go out and do anything.  :P

Written By: 2001 on 12/17/16 at 7:59 pm

20 centimetres (8 inches) here from Thursday to today (Saturday).

Written By: 80sfan on 12/17/16 at 8:18 pm

20 centimetres (8 inches) here from Thursday to today (Saturday).

Can Slowpokes survive in snow?

Written By: 2001 on 12/17/16 at 8:31 pm

Can Slowpokes survive in snow?

Well you saw the conditions Slowking lived in in that 2000 movie :o

https://68.media.tumblr.com/33d8b501bb1a2fa472d15d2f4be71d25/tumblr_nru7c1lpTu1u6u6u1o1_500.gif

Plus, Slowpoke can learn Blizzard and Ice Beam!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/17/16 at 9:53 pm

It's too damn cold outside to go out and do anything.  :P

The extra lard in my body has helped me survive.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eac9KUOa7zA/T0zcvYNDUSI/AAAAAAAAGes/Qt4NKaGtEwI/s1600/duck+fat+rendered.jpg

Written By: Ripley on 12/18/16 at 3:46 am

Next week should be a nice one. On Tuesday Mom and I are going to take my Grandma grocery shopping. I'm not sure if my sister and niece are going since sis has been sick. But that night were going to look at Christmas lights. Then Wednesday my Grandpa has two appointments so were picking up my Grandparents and will also eat lunch. Saturday Christmas Eve were going to my step-mom's. We haven't last week cause she was sick or this week cause of the weather and my sister's sick. But were having dinner. Also, we have two Olive Garden gift cards on the way in the mail so once we get those, which I'm guessing is this week, we'll be going. It would be rather convenient on Tuesday so that's what I'm hoping for.

Written By: gibbo on 12/18/16 at 6:43 am

I get grumpier as it gets closer to Christmas Day.  We had an office Secret Santa last week ... and I was given an "Earl the Grumpy Dog" book! Some of the negative quotes could have been written by me!  ;D  I figure that I need to balance out the really annoying cheery people at this time of year!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/16 at 11:02 am

I get grumpier as it gets closer to Christmas Day.  We had an office Secret Santa last week ... and I was given an "Earl the Grumpy Dog" book! Some of the negative quotes could have been written by me!  ;D  I figure that I need to balance out the really annoying cheery people at this time of year!

Bah humbug!

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/16 at 11:05 am

Has anyone heard from Patty?

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/18/16 at 12:13 pm

Cat

She posted on facebook about 2 hours ago about singing karaoke

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/16 at 1:13 pm

Tell her I miss her.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/18/16 at 3:32 pm

Nope. Didn't go.

Cat

Will it be rescheduled for another time?

Written By: Howard on 12/18/16 at 3:33 pm

We wound up with about 3 inches of snow.

Written By: gibbo on 12/18/16 at 3:59 pm

Bah humbug!

Cat

Keep up the good work over there Cat.  Unlike that creepy Santa guy ... I can't be everywhere!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/16 at 4:27 pm

Will it be rescheduled for another time?

I am assuming the party still happened. Unless you think that we ARE the party and it wouldn't have happened without us. lol.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/19/16 at 10:42 am

Cat

I'm still in touch with her on Facebook; as far as I know she is still away from home.

Good for her. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 12/19/16 at 2:46 pm

One of my New Years resolution for 2017 is too stay more on track with
a subject on a thread, and derail it less. If I'm not interested in a thread then
I'll stay off of it, instead of telling jokes.

I'll still tell a joke here and there, but I'll keep more on track with the question
and subject of a/the thread (s).

Unless it's one of those joke threads, then that's different.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/16 at 3:13 pm

One of my New Years resolution for 2017 is too stay more on track with
a subject on a thread, and derail it less. If I'm not interested in a thread then
I'll stay off of it, instead of telling jokes.

I'll still tell a joke here and there, but I'll keep more on track with the question
and subject of a/the thread (s).

Unless it's one of those joke threads, then that's different.

mine for 2017 is to try eat more Subway.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/19/16 at 3:21 pm

mine for 2017 is to try eat more Subway.

Lose weight?

Written By: Howard on 12/19/16 at 3:33 pm

Lose weight?

No, just try to eat more sensibly.

Written By: Ripley on 12/19/16 at 4:33 pm

Well Tuesday my mom's going to work. It's a good thing because she needs the house. But it derails some of our plans. We won't be seeing my Grandparents tomorrow but we still will Wednesday. But I gather she will be too tired to go look at Christmas lights so I have no clue when we'll do it but I hope we do. It's been 3 years since we looked at good lights. In 2014 we did some but it wasn't much and nothing to brag about. But we plan to look at the ones in the parts of town where they really get into it. So I hope it happens. She is off three days but I don't know how she'll feel or the whether for that matter. But if we don't then I will be disappointed to be honest. :( Can't I get something I want in life? I'm not going to complain about anything else cause I just don't want to complain except for this one thing I will say is that I rarely go anymore. I don't have a job at the moment and I won't say why. But I feel like a hermit since I'm home all day and all night. I love my home and I am a homebody. But when we get to do things like this it gives me plans and I like that.

Written By: Ripley on 12/19/16 at 4:36 pm

By the way 99% of my friends live in other states. With the exception of one who live a couple miles away but she rarely even texts me so why bother making plans with her. Cause she doesn't seem interested in hanging out. This is someone I used to work with. I tried making plans with her before. Not that any of you will mention anything, but I don't like when people suggest I join some clubs or take art classes etc. to meet people. That stuff is of no interest to me. I'm into writing but I wouldn't even join a club for that. Anyway, this isn't about meeting people as I have great friends. I was just noting how I don't get to go out and do things since they don't live near me lol

Written By: nally on 12/19/16 at 11:18 pm

I'm almost done with my gift wrapping.

In other events, I got my hair cut today (which I was in need of, since it's been long enough since I last had it done).

Written By: karen on 12/20/16 at 1:59 am

I am getting annoyed with a website that let me order various gifts then contacted me to say that some are not available till January.  One item is ok as James can have it for his birthday instead, but the other was for Elizabeth.

It is the school holidays now so yesterday we went into town so James could get a hair cut and we could post the last of the US-bound cards.

James and I are going to fetch Dai's mum today.  She will be staying with us until about the 28th.  Then we will go away with friends for a few days until 1st January.

Still have some presents to wrap.  It's a good job James goes round in his own little world as Dai left a bagful of things for him just out in the dining room unwrapped.  Need to make sure we've found all the earlier purchases, but I'm not sure I can remember where I hid everything!

Written By: annimal on 12/20/16 at 10:21 am

Someone got mad at me.  I didn't want that to happen

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/16 at 11:14 am

Christmas is down from the attic and the fireplace is half decorated. Haven't wrapped any of the gifts yet because I need to go into town to pick up some more tags. I know I don't NEED tags but I always liked having them on gifts. I do have some but they are WAY too big for some of these gifts.

I plan on going into town either today or tomorrow (it is looking more like tomorrow). I need to check to make sure my book looks good before having them print up 25 copies. I need to go to Kmart to pick up the tags and a couple more pillows. Then I need to go to Home Depot to pick up shelves. We also need to pick up a tree sometime this week. Then it is a mad dash to get everything organized. Put the shelves up and get this crap stuff on them, wrap the gifts, put up and decorate the tree. Carlos wants to try to rearrange the furniture to see if the tree will look better in another part of the room. At this point I don't really want to do that because that is just more work to do. And then we have to go back to town to pick up the books. 

It is a good thing that I have an extra week to do all of this. Our Christmas Eve is going to be on New Year's Eve and our Christmas Day will be on New Year's Day. We are going to have 13 over-night guests!  :o :o :o :o  We do have the room for all of them and no one HAS to sleep in the living room (if they don't want to.) My personal chef makes a pork roast for Christmas and we were trying to think of something easy to feed 15 people for Christmas Eve. I came up with tacos. It is super easy. So, that is what we are going to have. As chaotic as it sounds to have 13 guests (4 are under the age of 8-there are 3 young teens), I am really looking forward to it. This house was made for big family gatherings. (That isn't even the entire family-we will be missing 2 kids & 3 adults.)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/20/16 at 3:21 pm

Someone got mad at me.  I didn't want that to happen

Who got mad at you? ???

Written By: annimal on 12/20/16 at 10:25 pm

:\'(

Written By: annimal on 12/20/16 at 10:27 pm

:\'(         

Written By: annimal on 12/21/16 at 6:39 pm

Well now that I've stopped crying about this,  I got the - from Katana Queen

Written By: nally on 12/22/16 at 12:16 am

Today was a good day for me overall. :) Went to the library to do some volunteering, then came home, took care of business at home, and made sure all my gifts were wrapped.

Written By: Ripley on 12/22/16 at 2:22 am

It was a good day for me as well. We toom my Grandparents out and my sister and neice met us for lunch. We looked at some lights. But tomorrow were going to a couple of small towns where the lights are usually good.

Written By: karen on 12/22/16 at 5:00 am

Well now that I've stopped crying about this,  I got the - from Katana Queen

Sometimes I think you post things as a joke but it doesn't come across as one.  I often find your posts bewildering and sometimes disconnected to the thread of the conversation.

Written By: karen on 12/22/16 at 5:02 am

Morris dancing yesterday as the sun was going down on the shortest day.  We went to a local park and climbed to the highest point.  Unfortunately the best place to dance meant the view of the setting sun was blocked by the huge monument up there.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/16 at 3:11 pm

It was a good day for me as well. We toom my Grandparents out and my sister and neice met us for lunch. We looked at some lights. But tomorrow were going to a couple of small towns where the lights are usually good.

Enjoy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/16 at 4:15 pm

The fireplace is decorated. Two presents are wrapped (many more to go). Shelves are up but not full yet. I still have a week to finish it all. As far as I am concerned, I am on scheduled to have it all done. I'm not in panic mode-YET!

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/22/16 at 10:34 pm

Sometimes I think you post things as a joke but it doesn't come across as one.  I often find your posts bewildering and sometimes disconnected to the thread of the conversation.

yes and yes  I try to say stuff with what I think I can, but I'm sure are things I just don't quite get.

Written By: nally on 12/23/16 at 11:26 am

I've noticed that too

Written By: nally on 12/23/16 at 11:28 am

Now I need to concentrate on any last-minute preparations for the holidays. Also need to clean up the house, even though we're not really having any guests over for christmas dinner Sunday. (This'll be my first Christmas without any grandparents.)

Additionally, we're gonna have an open-house party next Friday; our guests will be people from church, so we gotta prepare for that too.

Written By: annimal on 12/23/16 at 11:46 am

I think I now get it that I had joked in a no joking thread and made perhaps a bigger idiot of myself with the smilies crying.  I need to make sure that I'm in a joking area before I joke.

Written By: annimal on 12/23/16 at 5:18 pm

And also please feel free to let me know if I seem to be making no sense or may be totally of topic.  I have not had friends to talk with and not great parenting in my past. I don't know how to communicate well most the time and my brain doesn't process things like regular people.  This was not some kind of cute Christmas act I planned. 

Written By: Ripley on 12/24/16 at 12:03 am

I've been having a nice week. Tomorrow I'm going with my sister and neice to my stepmom's and Sunday my mom and I are going to my Grandparents.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/24/16 at 2:28 am

All night party tonight!

Plenty to eat and drink, and karaoke!

Written By: Howard on 12/24/16 at 7:43 am

I've been having a nice week. Tomorrow I'm going with my sister and neice to my stepmom's and Sunday my mom and I are going to my Grandparents.

Merry Christmas. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/24/16 at 7:44 am

All night party tonight!

Plenty to eat and drink, and karaoke!

Enjoy. :)

Written By: karen on 12/24/16 at 10:30 am

And also please feel free to let me know if I seem to be making no sense or may be totally of topic.  I have not had friends to talk with and not great parenting in my past. I don't know how to communicate well most the time and my brain doesn't process things like regular people.  This was not some kind of cute Christmas act I planned.

If you are making a remark to a particular person, but their post is not the immediate last one made in a thread, it is useful to quote their post in your reply.  Otherwise the wrong person thinks you are talking to them/about them when that wasn't what you meant.

Written By: nally on 12/24/16 at 10:36 am

That's good. O0 Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Written By: annimal on 12/24/16 at 10:47 am

If you are making a remark to a particular person, but their post is not the immediate last one made in a thread, it is useful to quote their post in your reply.  Otherwise the wrong person thinks you are talking to them/about them when that wasn't what you meant.

I think here I'm just trying to let everyone know that they can ask me any time they don't  seem to understand me.  A lot of times like right now I am crying because I don't understand me.  I'm not making this up or playing right now.  Think I'll shut down my computer and go back to bed.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/24/16 at 11:48 am

The tree is up but not decorated. As usual, it didn't go very well. We were at it for about two hours!  :o :o :o  After all that, we decided to just start from the beginning. We took it out of the stand, cut a bit off the end and cut off a lot of the different stumps and it FINALLY worked. Now both of us are covered in pine pitch. Dawn worked a bit but I just learned that I should use some mayonnaise to get it all off.

The good news is that I am going to get a raise-all of $10 a month-WOO HOO! I'm gonna have to be careful not to spend that all in one place.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/25/16 at 9:43 am

Oh man what a weird dream.  There was this snail and when it was taken out of it's shel , it became a cricket.  I need to stop drinking steak sauce. 

Written By: 80sfan on 12/25/16 at 10:12 am

Oh man what a weird dream.  There was this snail and when it was taken out of it's shel , it became a cricket.  I need to stop drinking steak sauce.

I LOVVE steak sauce!  8)

Written By: annimal on 12/25/16 at 11:27 am

first a spider now a snail.  I had no idea steak sauce would make my brain react this  way.

Written By: 2001 on 12/25/16 at 12:14 pm

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Written By: annimal on 12/25/16 at 12:34 pm

and a happy new year

Written By: nally on 12/25/16 at 12:43 pm

Same in return!

Written By: nally on 12/25/16 at 12:45 pm

Been a busy Christmas Eve and Day so far. Since my parents are church musicians, they had to be present at two of the Christmas Eve services at the church (at one of them, my mom was directing the choir), as well as the midnight service. It all seemed to go very well. :) Got home close to 2am, put our presents under the tree, and then got some much needed sleep. Now this morning, we've opened our gifts, had some breakfast, and pretty soon we're gonna go back to the church for a noon service... and then we'll come home and have our holiday feast.

Written By: annimal on 12/25/16 at 3:04 pm

I got $50.00 from my aunt and uncle  ! ! !  Now I can buy  make up ! ! !

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/25/16 at 3:08 pm

Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/25/16 at 5:53 pm

Merry Christmas  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/25/16 at 5:54 pm

Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah.

Cat

Thank You. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/25/16 at 9:25 pm

Merry christmas.

Written By: nally on 12/25/16 at 10:48 pm

I received a few new clothing items, a book, some shower gel, and a small lamp for my desk..

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/16 at 11:35 am

I caught Josette chowing down on a piece of tinsel.  :(  Hopefully, I scared her enough where she won't do that again.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/26/16 at 11:57 am

I got my card and money and a spirtual  outbirst.  ( spelling mistakes again) 

Still interesting the way my mom words things and sees things.  She wants to get me set up in a way though in which she's not doing everything for me finally.  She's still saying I'm irresponsible though.  No it's not I, it was your idea  to do everything for me in the past.  She doesn't  understand how offensive I can sound, but at least she seems to understand now that I understand where start and finish are but I cant just start the race or if I do I cant run very fast. I have a processing disorder. and this is what it is. 

Written By: annimal on 12/26/16 at 12:47 pm

oh also I think I know what type of makeup I'd like to try.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/16 at 3:31 pm

Merry christmas.

Merry Christmas to you too. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/26/16 at 3:32 pm

I caught Josette chowing down on a piece of tinsel.  :(  Hopefully, I scared her enough where she won't do that again.

Cat

Is she going to the vet? ???

Written By: violet_shy on 12/26/16 at 3:55 pm

I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas! And I hope you're all enjoying the mini holiday as well. Hugs to everyone! <3

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/16 at 5:13 pm

Is she going to the vet? ???

No. After chasing her around the house, I was able to pull it out of her mouth. I just hope that it didn't break and she swallowed any of it.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 12/26/16 at 6:51 pm

I'll never forget the time my cat ate a piece of a pom pom and it started coming out of his butt and got stuck there.

Written By: Ripley on 12/26/16 at 6:54 pm

My holiday was good. We had a nice time Saturday and I got a little buzzed off Malibu Run too lol But I got a gift card so now I can go to Resident Evil: The Final Chapter right when it comes out. Also we got an Olive Garden gift card from my Grandparents so that's for dinner tonight.

Written By: annimal on 12/26/16 at 9:46 pm

This is the card my aunt sent me. 

Mission San Luis Obispo
painting by Rosemary Bauer
C Rosemary and Mike Bauer- www.rmartstudios.com

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/27/16 at 7:14 am

Back after my Christmas break!

Belated Merry Christmas everyone!

The party and karaoke went fine until my voice went carry croaky...

Written By: nally on 12/27/16 at 8:39 am

I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas! And I hope you're all enjoying the mini holiday as well. Hugs to everyone! <3

Same to you! :) 8)

Written By: Ripley on 12/27/16 at 11:54 am

One time I sang so many "hold the note" songs that I lost mine  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/27/16 at 3:20 pm

Merry Christmas Jessica. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/27/16 at 3:21 pm

I'll never forget the time my cat ate a piece of a pom pom and it started coming out of his butt and got stuck there.

Let him do his business and see if it comes out.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/16 at 3:21 pm

Welcome Back. :)

Written By: nally on 12/27/16 at 9:44 pm

This is the card my aunt sent me. 

Mission San Luis Obispo
painting by Rosemary Bauer
C Rosemary and Mike Bauer- www.rmartstudios.com

Very nice... I've been to Mission San Luis Obispo a number of times; it's quite nice there. :)

Written By: annimal on 12/27/16 at 9:55 pm

My aunt Rosie likes art so paint cards is what she does.

Written By: nally on 12/27/16 at 9:56 pm

Cool. Must be a great way to show off her talent. 8)

Written By: annimal on 12/27/16 at 10:05 pm

She called us a day or two ago, but I couldn't hear over the phone and asked her to e-mail me.  Maybe she will some time if she can.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/27/16 at 10:06 pm

One time I sang so many "hold the note" songs that I lost mine  :D
I am now thinking never again, my singing voice has gone.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/16 at 9:27 am

This morning I had a Number 2 emergency so I had to call out sick, must be a stomach bug. I don't want to go into graphic detail but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :P

Written By: nally on 12/28/16 at 11:15 am

I am now thinking never again, my singing voice has gone.

I'm not good at carrying a tune myself, personally. :-\\

Written By: nally on 12/28/16 at 6:30 pm

We got one of our bathroom appliances replaced today. (The old one is finally worn out, after over 15 years.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/16 at 12:21 am

... but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :P
Still too much information

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/16 at 12:21 am

This morning I had a Number 2 emergency so I had to call out sick, must be a stomach bug. I don't want to go into graphic detail but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :P
Better now?

Written By: Ripley on 12/29/16 at 3:34 am

Food poisoning maybe. I hope you're all better now.

Written By: Ripley on 12/29/16 at 3:35 am

Well this sure has been a December to remember with all these celebrity deaths. George Michael hit me the hardest though. :'(

Written By: nally on 12/29/16 at 9:06 am

I hope he's feelin' better too.

Written By: annimal on 12/29/16 at 12:50 pm

Oh hello,  it's me

Written By: Howard on 12/29/16 at 4:27 pm

Better now?

much better, it was just a stomach bug. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Written By: Howard on 12/29/16 at 4:28 pm

stomach virus. I'm better, I feel I can eat like a pig now.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/16 at 4:29 pm

I hope he's feelin' better too.

better now. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/16 at 5:29 pm

better now. :)
That's good.

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/29/16 at 9:24 pm

I apologize for the sudden hiatus... I have been going through a really really hard time as of late....

I will eventually start posting often again but I have been in a really really tough situation....

Written By: Ripley on 12/29/16 at 10:13 pm

I apologize for the sudden hiatus... I have been going through a really really hard time as of late....

I will eventually start posting often again but I have been in a really really tough situation....

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you soon.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/16 at 10:34 pm

Are you better?

Written By: Howard on 12/30/16 at 8:57 am

That's good.

I feel like I can get my appetite back. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/30/16 at 8:57 am

Are you better?

much better. :)

Written By: nally on 12/30/16 at 11:18 am

Sorry you've been in a rough situation. Hopefully things will improve for ya.

Written By: nally on 12/30/16 at 11:20 am

Anyway, my family & I are hosting an open house party this evening and we need to tidy up the house, so I'll be offline for much of the rest of today (starting right now).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/16 at 12:40 pm

With things going to start this evening, I have NOT hit panic mode. I guess that I planned everything out perfectly. Presents are all wrapped. All sheets/blankets/pillows are ready to go. All the (good) leaves are in the table. There is one leaf that is not and it is in really bad condition. (A few of the leaves that are in are not in that great of condition either.  :-\\ ) Also not sure if the table could be pulled apart that much for the extra leaf to get in. The only issue is that we need to find room for ONE more chair.

So right now, it is pretty much the calm before the storm.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/30/16 at 1:29 pm

hello, I was butt walking this morning and opp's I did it again, let out a big fart.

Lets see deaf at 21, born in 1982, think that comes out to 2003.  I don't remember exactly when I got my implant but it wasn't long.  I don't remember exactly when I told Advanced Bionics that everything sounded like a bunch of alto tones and you cant tell what anything is.
It wasn't long after that before the they were able to program some higher tones into  the c.

My case for trying to see if I can get some kind of job has been sent to another person that may be able to help me more.

Oh I need to do laundry today,  Doesn't that sound exiting?

video- Don't kill yourself trying to sing Surfin Bird, cut it short and be taken away with a cain. 

What else?  Don't stay up an hour later and don't be on the computer all day and night maybe more then once a week. 

Written By: Howard on 12/30/16 at 3:07 pm

good to see you back. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/16 at 4:35 pm

Welcome back!

Written By: nally on 12/31/16 at 1:55 am

Anyway, my family & I are hosting an open house party this evening and we need to tidy up the house, so I'll be offline for much of the rest of today (starting right now).

...and the gathering went very well, although not all of our invitees showed up. Still, those who came had a great time. :)

Written By: annimal on 12/31/16 at 12:33 pm

^ that's cool

I was listening to a bunch of Aerosmith songs last night and realized that I am now hearing some sound in my right ear again.  I never went deaf in my right in my right ear, it just seemed to get very low.  I've probably needed to start working off med that effected my brain for a while now.   

Remember (walking in the sand)

Dream On

the finger picking 

Written By: Ripley on 12/31/16 at 5:49 pm

Today I have accomplished baking yet another New Year's Eve cake. Last's year's was excellent! And I'm hoping this year's will be too, however The frosting will be simple as I have put the sprinkles in the inside. This is something I have been doing a lot lately with cake, it makes it taste even better when baking it with sprinkles actually inside. Anyhow, that is all I have done today aside from taken an hour to master the perfect New Year's make up look :P But I'm not going anywhere. I'll just be hanging out with my pets. My mom will be joining us at 9 Central as she is working late. But I'm about to make some tacos for dinner. Yum. I wish I had some vodka though so I can make a nice beverage for the celebration. I don't drink very often but I much prefer it to other things. Champaign would be nice, if I could afford it lol

Written By: nally on 12/31/16 at 11:44 pm

^ Nice.

I usually don't go anywhere on NYE either; my parents & I usually have a nice quiet time at home. Sometimes watch tv, play some games, or do some sort of fun activity.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/01/17 at 8:09 am

^ Nice.

I usually don't go anywhere on NYE either; my parents & I usually have a nice quiet time at home. Sometimes watch tv, play some games, or do some sort of fun activity.
Ideally it is the same for us, and a board game appears sometime during the evening, even with the guests.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/17 at 3:49 pm

^ Nice.

I stay home and watch the ball drop on TV.

Written By: karen on 01/02/17 at 7:03 am

We went away for the last few days of December.  We go to Snowdonia in North Wales and meet up with a great bunch of people.

On Friday we went for a long walk, unfortunately we were in low cloud for most of the time.  This made the navigating very challenging as we could not clearly see the paths we needed to follow.  And then the cafĂ© was shut at the end of the walk so I had to wait for my tea and cake!

On Saturday I opted for a supposedly easier and shorter walk than the rest of the family.  They went off to bag a few peaks.  I walked with a group of ladies and we had a nice time chatting.  Though not particularly strenuous the walk was longer than most of us had anticipated, and we all had aching feet and legs by the end.

On Saturday evening we had a great buffet meal and then played some party games.  One game got a bit too competitive with people being shoved off chairs.  We sung Auld Lang Syne at midnight and then some more party games were played.  I need to stretch more so I can play 'bite the box' next year!

On Sunday we hosted a race that goes part way up the side of Snowdon, round a lake and back down.  I am always in charge of the registration team.  James ran for the first time in the junior race - unfortunately there were no other serious competitors in this race.

We all went to bed early last night to catch up on sleep!

Check for new replies or respond here...