inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Year, New Monthly Thread - January 2017 is here!

Written By: nally on 12/31/16 at 1:02 pm

It is already the new year in some parts of the world, so I'm going to start the new monthly thread right now.

White rabbits!!

Subject: Re: New Year, New Monthly Thread - January 2017 is here!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/16 at 5:37 pm

White rabbit, a happy new year!

Written By: Ripley on 12/31/16 at 5:52 pm

Since you only have a few minutes til 12... Happy New Year Philip!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/16 at 5:54 pm

Since you only have a few minutes til 12... Happy New Year Philip!
2017 is 8 hours old for me, you may not be aware I am currently in apart of the world.

Written By: Ripley on 12/31/16 at 5:57 pm

Happy New Year to anyone else outside the US who has already started your 2017! I will have mine in just a little over 6 hours as I live in the Central time zone. I know a few others here do as well. Eric and Millenium Mansion (I know your first name but I don't know if you want others to know :P) share a time zone with me!

Written By: Ripley on 12/31/16 at 5:58 pm

2017 is 8 hours old for me, you may not be aware I am currently in apart of the world.

Oh I though you were in London  :D But I hope the new year is treating you well so far.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/16 at 6:03 pm

Happy New Year. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/16 at 8:08 pm

Oh I though you were in London  :D But I hope the new year is treating you well so far.
O0

Written By: 80sfan on 12/31/16 at 11:11 pm

50 more minutes for when I'm from.

Written By: Ripley on 12/31/16 at 11:56 pm

^4 minutes!

Written By: Ripley on 01/01/17 at 12:02 am

I have just entered 2017!

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 12:24 am

I have just entered 2017!

Welcome to the future.

To everyone else, stay in 2016 while you can ahhhhhh 😱😱 this world without Mariah Carey

Written By: nally on 01/01/17 at 12:25 am

Welcome to the future.

To everyone else, stay in 2016 while you can ahhhhhh 😱😱 this world without Mariah Carey

Only an hour and a half (approximately) for me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/01/17 at 8:07 am

Welcome to the future.

Great Scott!

Written By: annimal on 01/01/17 at 12:35 pm

got a bunch of green grass in maybe something will start flower sometime when my garden gets a little more light.  lots more seeds to try planting.  I'll get to see if I'm going to have anything pretty looking an or if a butterfly eats it and or lays eggs on it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/17 at 1:19 pm

I have survived the wild weekend. I have done I don't know how many loads of dishes and the only causality was one of my favorite wine glasses when the 4 year old bumped into it.  :\'( :\'(  Of course he said, "I didn't mean to. It was an accident." Of course it was because he said that EVERY TIME he bumped into something, knocked something over, etc. etc. (Yeah, the kid is accident prone.) Earlier, there were 7 kids running all over the house that sounded like a herd of elephants. I was surprise that I didn't lose any of my new champagne glasses. Oh yeah, and my husband almost set my house on fire when he lit a fire in the fireplace. The damper wasn't open and the house filled with smoke. But, we do know that the smoke detectors work.

Overall, it was a GREAT weekend but man, am I exhausted.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/01/17 at 2:34 pm

Today has been a pleasant day so far in my area! :)

Written By: Ripley on 01/01/17 at 3:43 pm

I'm sitting around bored :P

Written By: Howard on 01/01/17 at 3:44 pm

White rabbit, a happy new year!

Happy New Year, Phil. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/01/17 at 3:45 pm

Today has been a pleasant day so far in my area! :)

It has been a quiet day in my area.

Written By: nally on 01/02/17 at 12:23 am

It has been a quiet day in my area.

It was like that too. At least at home.

But I went out in the morning with my family and enjoyed the surroundings. :)

Written By: nally on 01/02/17 at 12:26 am

One other thing... this morning at church, my one friend who is in the choir showed up and said she was feeling much better than she did last Friday (she'd been sick, which is why she was unable to come to our home for our open-house party). I.o.w, she seems to be well again. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/17 at 10:59 am

We turned out the light about 10:30 last night-which was about 2 hours earlier than when we usually turn it off. Most nights it take me about a half hour to fall asleep-especially if we go to be early but not last night. I think I might have been out the moment the light went out. I did wake up for about a half hour around quarter to 6 this morning but then didn't open my eyes until 9:20 this morning.  :o :o :o  I guess I REALLY needed the sleep. And I still feel a bit tired. Too much sleep or still not enough? I'm sure I will start feeling more myself tomorrow.

Oh, and I started taking some echinacea just in case because we had I don't know how many kids here this weekend who had some kind of bug-whether it be just a cold or worse.

I did do the last of the dishes but I still have have several more loads of laundry to go. The last of the sheets are in the washer now but then it will be the blankets & towels.

I managed to get the smell of smoke out of the upstairs hallway. We opened the window yesterday (it was fairly warm) and had the fan going. When that didn't work, I sprayed some Fabreeze. That seemed to work. But today, I noticed that the foyer STILL smelled like smoke.  :(  I just sprayed some Fabreeze there. Hopefully, that will take care of it. And I hope my husband learned how to make sure the damper is opened BEFORE starting a fire in the fireplace.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 01/02/17 at 12:12 pm

Oh high, yesterday I tried to use the microwave at 7 in the morning and I guess that makes too much noise for someone.  So I stayed in bed till 8 this morning.  Works out for me, I usually don't come here till after 9 because I have med to take at 9.  Lets see, do today?  some stuff in the bathroom whenever I end up with my shower time.  Not much going on here right now.   

Written By: karen on 01/03/17 at 2:05 am

Yesterday morning was spent with a mix of doing laundry and food shopping to restock fresh food after being away for a few days.

In the afternoon we went to Nottingham to watch a game of ice hockey - Nottingham Panthers beat Edinburgh Capitals 4-2.  Then we went to Annie's Burger Shack for a Rhode Island style burger. I had one called the Reuben which was topped with pastrami, sauerkraut and some rye bread.

Dai is back in work now, I have the rest of this week off, back to work/school next Monday.  Hopefully we can get the plumber round to replace some taps and things

Written By: annimal on 01/03/17 at 11:16 am

I'm going to be away today at appointments for a few hours today and might not have my laptop with me.  Try not to miss me to much.

Written By: nally on 01/03/17 at 5:31 pm

I'm going to be away today at appointments for a few hours today and might not have my laptop with me.  Try not to miss me to much.

Take care with your appointments.

I had a busy day at work today...my first working day of the new year! Also...the 19th of this month will mark my one-year anniversary at this company.

Written By: annimal on 01/03/17 at 10:05 pm

Back but did not enjoy being in the cold while it was raining.  Actually, it was my mom's appointment this time.  I have not told any of you that she had her toe worked on.  They took the pin out today. 

Written By: 80sfan on 01/03/17 at 10:07 pm

Back but did not enjoy being in the cold while it was raining.  Actually, it was my mom's appointment this time.  I have not told any of you that she had her toe worked on.  They took the pin out today.

Ouch!!

Written By: annimal on 01/03/17 at 10:12 pm

oh, and the she I was talking about ^^ is my mom.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/03/17 at 10:13 pm

oh, and the she I was talking about ^^ is my mom.

I know. Sounds ouchy!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/17 at 12:28 pm

Christmas is almost put away. The tree is naked but still up. I have just a few more things to put in the boxes and then it all gets put back up in the attic for another year.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/04/17 at 3:56 pm

Take care with your appointments.

I had a busy day at work today...my first working day of the new year! Also...the 19th of this month will mark my one-year anniversary at this company.

wonderful. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/04/17 at 11:57 pm

just a cold slow rainy day here.  I had to write two checks and my SSI money is pretty much gone, but I am going to have a phone and ear buds coming.

Yay! A phone!  :D

Written By: nally on 01/04/17 at 11:59 pm

Busy day today. Went out with my parents to Palm Desert to continue with emptying things out of my late grandparents' house. We got more stuff cleared out today; the biggest challenge is gonna be to get the furniture out of there (we plan to donate it in a couple of weeks or so).

Written By: nally on 01/05/17 at 7:00 pm

...and today at work I had to do some things for the new year.

Two more weeks til my one-year anniversary!

Written By: annimal on 01/05/17 at 7:49 pm

Wack The Dead says the session is missing so I cant submit my high score.  Now I need to turn off my computer for a little longer before it starts going more crazy then loosing the mouse.

Written By: karen on 01/06/17 at 4:20 am

Fun night last night with fellow Morris dancers.

We met at someone's house for some mulled wine/apple juice and cake, then went down to her apple tree to 'wassail' it.  That is to bless it and hope it will bear lots of fruit next year.  We sang as wassail song, recited a poem, made lots of noise and then placed cider soaked bread among the branches.

Then we walked to the local pub, danced for a while and then sang some more songs, played some music (I was part of the percussion section!).  God knows what the locals made of it, but we had a good time.

Written By: annimal on 01/06/17 at 12:29 pm

Put on my ear bud earlier and turned on my radio and identified 2 of two songs.  The wire started squeaking though so I'll have to find a way to keep the wire from doing that.

Written By: nally on 01/06/17 at 2:47 pm

I have a dental appointment in less than an hour, so I'll be leaving the house soon.

Written By: annimal on 01/06/17 at 4:16 pm

In a little while I guess I can see if I can finally get my parody idea fritten out or do a pmall parody on having writers block again.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/17 at 4:30 pm

I have a dental appointment in less than an hour, so I'll be leaving the house soon.

regular check-up?

Written By: karen on 01/07/17 at 4:08 am

Put on my ear bud earlier and turned on my radio and identified 2 of two songs. The wire started squeaking though so I'll have to find a way to keep the wire from doing that.

You were getting some form of feedback.  Ear buds might not be the best listening device for you.

https://cochlearimplanthelp.com/journey/getting-connected/listening-to-a-portable-device/

Written By: nally on 01/07/17 at 11:57 am

regular check-up?

Yes. More specifically, just a teeth-cleaning. Everything was fine. O0

Written By: annimal on 01/07/17 at 1:14 pm

Oh hi, the screen on my computer went black on me and the whole lap top died.  Joel has another thing on it and I seem to be okay now..

Written By: Howard on 01/07/17 at 1:17 pm

Yes. More specifically, just a teeth-cleaning. Everything was fine. O0

I get my regular check-up every 6 months, 3 months for the dentist and another 3 months for the periodontist.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/07/17 at 1:33 pm

Oh hi, the screen on my computer went black on me and the whole lap top died.  Joel has another thing on it and I seem to be okay now..

I hope you and Joel's stuff on your computer wasn't deleted.  :(

Written By: annimal on 01/07/17 at 1:49 pm

^ nothing was lost and everything seems okay so far.  Hmm,  looks like it will be lunch, then I'll see about going in the shower, see about working on my parody.  Yup busy day

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/07/17 at 2:07 pm

Going to try and save up enough money to go to West Vancouver in August for Rock The Park in Ambleside Park.  I don't know who's playing and when but I know Platinum Blonde and Glass Tiger are going to be there along with Helix, Harlequin, Honeymoon Suite, and April Wine.
Whoo to know what day some of the bands that I like.

Written By: annimal on 01/07/17 at 9:02 pm

oh boy, shattered windows.  Took me all day to clean.  That's what was wrong with my computer.  A new windows program is now in my computer.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/07/17 at 9:23 pm

oh boy, shattered windows.  Took me all day to clean.  That's what was wrong with my computer.  A new windows program is now in my computer.

At first I thought you meant real life windows!  ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 01/07/17 at 11:01 pm

Whooo wheeh!!! :o :o :o It's great to be back. I'm typing on my iPad right now, as we speak.
My computer bacially shut down on me, so I'm getting a new one next week. Thank God!  :)

Written By: nally on 01/08/17 at 11:10 am

I get my regular check-up every 6 months, 3 months for the dentist and another 3 months for the periodontist.

I get mine done on 6-month intervals as well. Sometimes 7 months if the dentist and/or hygienist are not available at the 6 month mark.

Written By: nally on 01/08/17 at 11:11 am

Going to try and save up enough money to go to West Vancouver in August for Rock The Park in Ambleside Park.  I don't know who's playing and when but I know Platinum Blonde and Glass Tiger are going to be there along with Helix, Harlequin, Honeymoon Suite, and April Wine.
Whoo to know what day some of the bands that I like.

Good luck with that. I hope you get to see 'em!

Written By: nally on 01/08/17 at 11:12 am

Whooo wheeh!!! :o :o :o It's great to be back. I'm typing on my iPad right now, as we speak.
My computer bacially shut down on me, so I'm getting a new one next week. Thank God!  :)

I need to get a new one myself. The one I'm using has been around for almost 8 years, and it is starting to show signs of age. Not sure when I'm gonna get one, though.

Written By: annimal on 01/08/17 at 12:05 pm

Looks like I wasn't the only one that had an old program.  Screens going totally black are scary. 

Written By: Howard on 01/08/17 at 3:05 pm

good to see you back. :)

Written By: annimal on 01/08/17 at 6:00 pm

still raining  I got my parody done though even though there might be some misspelled words.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 01/10/17 at 10:28 am

Can't wait till my new computer comes this Fri!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Written By: annimal on 01/10/17 at 11:53 am

Litt bit of time to say hi this morning.  This appointment will be with this other person at this place that might help me find some sort of job.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/17 at 3:15 pm

What kind of computer is it?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 01/10/17 at 5:39 pm

What kind of computer is it?

I'm bout to find out.

Written By: nally on 01/10/17 at 5:42 pm

On a related note, I will need to get one for myself this week...either tomorrow or Friday. This time it's for real. That's because the one I've been using is very old and is on its "last legs" so to speak (to make a long story short).

Written By: annimal on 01/10/17 at 9:18 pm

Okay lousy day I'm back now though at least.  This place that's suppose to help me find a job is going in a loop with my mom about how their place is set up and all and what My mom has been told the service should provide.  I don't think right now I'm going to be getting a job from them.  After the appointment, mom and I did our hour waiting for the bus to come pick us up.  It never came.  Mom called and she told me she was told that they didn't know where the place was.  Well the office was about to close and the only option we had was to dash over to the nearest Mc Donalds and wait for dad to pick us up when he could. 

Written By: Ripley on 01/11/17 at 2:50 pm

We've got some possible bad weather coming this weekend. However, how bad is it? Well if they're talking about freezing rain than yes, definitely. Icy roads are no fun. But if it is in fact not but just snow than that's not bad in my opinion. Even in blizzard form. It can cause hazards yes. Such as covered roads yet if the snow-plowers would do their job. Half the time the neighborhoods don't get any love. The highways are a major place to avoid. I love snow though. As long as we are not buried when we have to get somewhere. I do however hate when it's the temperature it needs to be to keep the snow in true form but that's just something I've grown accustomed to not liking as I've gotten older. Also I have some psoriasis so my skin cracks and bleeds on my hands. When it's in the 50's and 60's is best. Fall and Spring. I hate Summer ew gross heat. Today however when I let the pup in I stepped out and it felt nice.

Now moving on from the weather ha. I may or may not have plans in the coming days. Possibly going to my Grandparents on Friday. We try and go every week. My Gram needs help with her laundry so I hope we can get out there. We'll likely do some grocery shopping with her too. And perhaps my little niece will join us. Then Saturday I'm hoping my sister decides to go to my stepmom's. Yeah the weather may be a factor but we last went Christmas Eve. So it's been a few weeks. But last week she and my niece were seek. Aside from that she is kind of upset with my stepmom over something. I really am trying to be as close to as many family members as possible but I'm not getting anywhere. I mean my mom, sis and grandparents have always been there. It has been nice seeing my stepmom and brother so I don't want that to stop. I can't go there by myself for a couple of reasons. I have talked a little to a few other relatives but they don't seem to want to be close. It's really sad actually. When we were kids we were so close. Sad how families drift apart. Before even with us living in different places we made it work.

But that's about all that is going on at the moment.

Written By: annimal on 01/11/17 at 4:25 pm

Before lunch I got a feeling and thoughts to go with it.  I tiped this up before I was told to get lunch.

I think God wants me to say something

You see I read the parodies today and looked up some things like what I thought might be a religon and it was.  Then I thought of my mistake and am glad that  didn't get up, written wrong or whatever.  I don't think people fighting is  a funny thing.  Go ahead and tell me it's history and joking about it now is  perfectly fine.  People can still kill eachother for stupid reasons.  I'm just going to stick to playing Daffy, looking up punk music, and stuff like that.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/11/17 at 4:27 pm

Before lunch I got a feeling and thoughts to go with it.  I tiped this up before I was told to get lunch.

I think God wants me to say something

You see I read the parodies today and looked up some things like what I thought might be a religon and it was.  Then I thought of my mistake and am glad that  didn't get up, written wrong or whatever.  I don't think people fighting is  a funny thing.  Go ahead and tell me it's history and joking about it now is  perfectly fine.  People can still kill eachother for stupid reasons.  I'm just going to stick to playing Daffy, looking up punk music, and stuff like that.

Fighting over religion? Like the devil and God?  :o

Written By: karen on 01/13/17 at 11:15 am

Elizabeth has been offered a place at Cambridge University.  She will do exams in June and needs to meet the grades they have asked for.  The results come out in mid-August

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/17 at 11:57 am

Elizabeth has been offered a place at Cambridge University.  She will do exams in June and needs to meet the grades they have asked for.  The results come out in mid-August

Way cool! Congrats to Elizabeth.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 01/13/17 at 7:59 pm

hi,  It was music listening day for me.  I was wearing my thing for my implant this time so I could dance a little without  a wire in my way. 

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/13/17 at 10:21 pm

Been quite the hard past few weeks....

The friend I had in my life.... without warning and with such a cold heartedness all of a sudden dropped out of my life.... with three text messages that bite and hurt...

Such a shock it was I was left in an essentially comatose state.... cried for three hours.... threw up due to the panic.... and went to bed that day. The next five were absolutely gut wrenching...

December 19th onwards has been this dark hole.... I have reached the bottom but it is going to be a LONG way to the top...

I had a sudden hiatus due to this fact... an event that came out of nowhere....

See I have always had a problem making friends.... so whenever I get one it is quite special.... and this one was fufilling beyond belief... until reality slapped me in the face...

I feel sometimes I am destined to be alone.... destined for obscurity and destined to just ride and cruise through life without anybody to love or care for....

Life seems to be that way.....

Pop punk... which that friend introduced me to... has ironically been my savior during this time....

Life...

2016.... oh what a bittersweet year....

2017... same place as I was in January 2016... alone...

Guess I am used to it.

Written By: annimal on 01/13/17 at 10:31 pm

I've had to learn how to live with no friends.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/17 at 3:01 am

Well done to Elizabeth!

Written By: Howard on 01/14/17 at 7:33 am

Been quite the hard past few weeks....

The friend I had in my life.... without warning and with such a cold heartedness all of a sudden dropped out of my life.... with three text messages that bite and hurt...

Such a shock it was I was left in an essentially comatose state.... cried for three hours.... threw up due to the panic.... and went to bed that day. The next five were absolutely gut wrenching...

December 19th onwards has been this dark hole.... I have reached the bottom but it is going to be a LONG way to the top...

I had a sudden hiatus due to this fact... an event that came out of nowhere....

See I have always had a problem making friends.... so whenever I get one it is quite special.... and this one was fufilling beyond belief... until reality slapped me in the face...

I feel sometimes I am destined to be alone.... destined for obscurity and destined to just ride and cruise through life without anybody to love or care for....

Life seems to be that way.....

Pop punk... which that friend introduced me to... has ironically been my savior during this time....

Life...

2016.... oh what a bittersweet year....

2017... same place as I was in January 2016... alone...

Guess I am used to it.

I'm sorry that happened.

Written By: Ripley on 01/14/17 at 7:17 pm

I'm having a bad day. I get very emotional sometimes so ovcourse I've been crying. First off, usually Friday the 13th is not a bad luck day for me but yesterday it was. Well first this friend of mine whom I have feelings for did something that both upset and confused me but at the end of the day I got confused yet again. I am certain he likes me too though not 100% sure but in the morning what he told me got me upset. It actually happened the night before be he didn't tell me til yesterday morning. I won't say what but our whole situation is weird. If we lived in the same city it would be different though. Then I somehow lost a pendant from my chain. I have two on it. The clasp messes up on it a lot yet I thought it was okay and then I look down and one of them is gone. I don't know for sure when it unclasped and fell in my bra (yes my jewelry fell in my bra!) so it's hard to pinpoint when it happened and in what room. So I've looked everywhere. The floors, in the couch, even in the damn trash can! I haven't been outside. It's like it vanished. But I have had this for years and it's real silver too. It is special to me, as is the other which I have on me now. So I'm sad about it. Now moving into today. My close friends are not being as communivative as they should. It's not normal at all. It makes me think I'm not important after all. I know they're not busy and I have proof! I'm not trying to sound like a big baby here but they are always there for me. And when I think about all my other problems: family's health, being behind on bills, jobless etc. :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/17 at 9:56 am

I'm having a bad day. I get very emotional sometimes so ovcourse I've been crying. First off, usually Friday the 13th is not a bad luck day for me but yesterday it was. Well first this friend of mine whom I have feelings for did something that both upset and confused me but at the end of the day I got confused yet again. I am certain he likes me too though not 100% sure but in the morning what he told me got me upset. It actually happened the night before be he didn't tell me til yesterday morning. I won't say what but our whole situation is weird. If we lived in the same city it would be different though. Then I somehow lost a pendant from my chain. I have two on it. The clasp messes up on it a lot yet I thought it was okay and then I look down and one of them is gone. I don't know for sure when it unclasped and fell in my bra (yes my jewelry fell in my bra!) so it's hard to pinpoint when it happened and in what room. So I've looked everywhere. The floors, in the couch, even in the damn trash can! I haven't been outside. It's like it vanished. But I have had this for years and it's real silver too. It is special to me, as is the other which I have on me now. So I'm sad about it. Now moving into today. My close friends are not being as communivative as they should. It's not normal at all. It makes me think I'm not important after all. I know they're not busy and I have proof! I'm not trying to sound like a big baby here but they are always there for me. And when I think about all my other problems: family's health, being behind on bills, jobless etc. :(

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 01/15/17 at 9:09 pm

Thanks Cat. Good news, I found the pendent!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 1:12 am

Oh yikes! Hope things turn around for you!  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 1:18 am

Haven't told the inthe00s community yet, but here I go.

On January 6, my friend was driving his car with me in the front passenger seat. Forward about two minutes later and my friend turned on the intersection, but he miscalculated. A normal sized vehicle crashed into the front passenger seat, yup, where I was sitting. I remember thinking, "Holy crap, a car is coming right at me and my friend!" I couldn't believe my eyes three seconds before the car hit my friend's car.

I got bruising underneath on my muscles. I was lucky for two reasons. 1). The car wasn't too big, at least it wasn't a huge truck.
2). I'm overweight, so I have some cushion that helped me survive, and it mitigated the injuries/bruises.

My body still hurts, but it's not as bad it 'should have been'. I'm currently taking muscle relaxants and pain medication.

This was literally the scariest thing I've ever been through.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/17 at 9:48 am

On January 6, my friend was driving his car with me in the front passenger seat. Forward about two minutes later and my friend turned on the intersection, but he miscalculated. A normal sized vehicle crashed into the front passenger seat, yup, where I was sitting. I remember thinking, "Holy crap, a car is coming right at me and my friend!" I couldn't believe my eyes three seconds before the car hit my friend's car.

I got bruising underneath on my muscles. I was lucky for two reasons. 1). The car wasn't too big, at least it wasn't a huge truck.
2). I'm overweight, so I have some cushion that helped me survive, and it mitigated the injuries/bruises.

My body still hurts, but it's not as bad it 'should have been'. I'm currently taking muscle relaxants and pain medication.

Oh man, definitely scary. Glad you are ok. It will take you a while to get back to normal. I was in a nasty car accident way back in the dark ages. I was stopped at a light and this idiot rammed into me from behind. Hit me so hard that I hit the guy in front of me (and the guy in front of me hit the guy in front of him.) In a way, I am glad that I didn't see if coming. If I had, I would have tensed up and it could have been worse. My car looked like an accordion. Yeah, it was totaled-and I had just sent in my last payment. Got the title the week after the accident. As for me, my legs were pretty much one solid bruise and I had back strain. I feel lucky because it could have been much worse. (This was pre-airbags.) I often wonder if that is the reason why I have back issues today. I also get very nervous when we are stopped at a light and someone is coming up behind us. 

BTW, be careful with the those meds, they are addicting.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/16/17 at 9:52 am

Oh man, definitely scary. Glad you are ok. It will take you a while to get back to normal. I was in a nasty car accident way back in the dark ages. I was stopped at a light and this idiot rammed into me from behind. Hit me so hard that I hit the guy in front of me (and the guy in front of me hit the guy in front of him.) In a way, I am glad that I didn't see if coming. If I had, I would have tensed up and it could have been worse. My car looked like an accordion. Yeah, it was totaled-and I had just sent in my last payment. Got the title the week after the accident. As for me, my legs were pretty much one solid bruise and I had back strain. I feel lucky because it could have been much worse. (This was pre-airbags.) I often wonder if that is the reason why I have back issues today. I also get very nervous when we are stopped at a light and someone is coming up behind us. 

Cat

Ditto, especially on the meds.  Get well fast

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 10:35 am

Cat

Yeah, mine are bruises too. And when you say you were stopped at a light, you mean that the streetlight turned red, and you stopped?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 10:36 am

Ditto, especially on the meds.  Get well fast

They limited how many pain meds I had. I figure they knew some people would take too much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/17 at 10:55 am

Yeah, mine are bruises too. And when you say you were stopped at a light, you mean that the streetlight turned red, and you stopped?

Yeah, it was a red light with a long line of cars (this was in San Antonio-lots of traffic). And guy who hit me, it wasn't even his car. He borrowed it from a friend. But, it was one of those '70s muscle cars that was built like a tank and my little Sentra didn't stand a chance.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 11:52 am

Yeah, it was a red light with a long line of cars (this was in San Antonio-lots of traffic). And guy who hit me, it wasn't even his car. He borrowed it from a friend. But, it was one of those '70s muscle cars that was built like a tank and my little Sentra didn't stand a chance.

Cat

I'm not sure I'm going to stay friends with my friend anymore after this. I mean, part of the reason for the accident was that he was careless. Failure to yield.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 12:28 pm

Or I'll just make him some soup. Probably give him one more strike.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/17 at 12:31 pm

I'm not sure I'm going to stay friends with my friend anymore after this. I mean, part of the reason for the accident was that he was careless. Failure to yield.

Is that reason to end a friendship? Maybe you should just not get in the car with him driving but still remain friends. Unless there are other reasons to end the friendship.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 12:35 pm

Is that reason to end a friendship? Maybe you should just not get in the car with him driving but still remain friends. Unless there are other reasons to end the friendship.

Cat

Or buy a bubble! We'll be fine.  :-X

Written By: Howard on 01/16/17 at 2:54 pm

glad you're alright. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 01/16/17 at 3:00 pm

That's horrible. Glad you are ok and that your injuries weren't so bad.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 7:21 pm

That's horrible. Glad you are ok and that your injuries weren't so bad.

Today it's a lot better, but I have a long ways to go.

Written By: 2001 on 01/16/17 at 8:08 pm

Get well soon. :(

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/17 at 10:01 pm

Get well soon. :(

TY!

Written By: nally on 01/17/17 at 5:32 pm

Update on my computer situation... on Sunday afternoon I went over to Fry's to take a look at the products they have available; I have not yet made a decision, but will probably go back there tomorrow when I have an opportunity, and hopefully buy one.

So right now I'm still using a public (shared) computer.

Written By: Ripley on 01/17/17 at 6:04 pm

Well I'm beginning to think I have no chance with this guy friend of mine. See he is like me, bi-sexual. I told you guys how I'm more into the opposite sex though. I'm certain he's the opposite, he is more into the same sex. I completely am fine with it since I am Bi. But anyway, so he is seeing this guy. He doesn't say it that way but I see it that way. Yet he still says sweet things to me. If he ends up wanting me than he is putting a potential relationship in jeopardy cause the "unmentionable" things that have happened between them. When you like someone, I'm referring to him liking me, you don't even go on dates. Maybe you guys won't agree but that's the way I see it. It also makes me worry if he would be monogomous or not. I completely am. I'm again not for sure for sure if he likes me but if he tries to pursue anything, well I'm second guessing now. This stinks cause I really do like him.

Sorry everyone. I'm not trying to put us in a soap opera. Just letting you all know what's going on with what I talked about.

Written By: Ripley on 01/17/17 at 6:05 pm

Update on my computer situation... on Sunday afternoon I went over to Fry's to take a look at the products they have available; I have not yet made a decision, but will probably go back there tomorrow when I have an opportunity, and hopefully buy one.

I want a Mac!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/17/17 at 7:05 pm

Once I move out (not soon), I probably will have to use a public computer too. Good luck, nally!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/17/17 at 7:08 pm

Well I'm beginning to think I have no chance with this guy friend of mine. See he is like me, bi-sexual. I told you guys how I'm more into the opposite sex though. I'm certain he's the opposite, he is more into the same sex. I completely am fine with it since I am Bi. But anyway, so he is seeing this guy. He doesn't say it that way but I see it that way. Yet he still says sweet things to me. If he ends up wanting me than he is putting a potential relationship in jeopardy cause the "unmentionable" things that have happened between them. When you like someone, I'm referring to him liking me, you don't even go on dates. Maybe you guys won't agree but that's the way I see it. It also makes me worry if he would be monogomous or not. I completely am. I'm again not for sure for sure if he likes me but if he tries to pursue anything, well I'm second guessing now. This stinks cause I really do like him.

Sorry everyone. I'm not trying to put us in a soap opera. Just letting you all know what's going on with what I talked about.

He must be really hot/attractive!  :)

Honestly, his 'seeing' another guy would bother me, but that's just me. Hope you solve this problem.

Written By: Ripley on 01/17/17 at 11:05 pm

He must be really hot/attractive!  :)

Honestly, his 'seeing' another guy would bother me, but that's just me. Hope you solve this problem.

He's cute but not in an "everyone thinks I'm sexy" kind of way. But it doesn't matter whether it's a man or woman he's seeing. It's still wrong. I have given him hints I like him too but I'm not going to just straight up tell him. And I would likely mess up our friendship by telling him how this is wrong of him.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/18/17 at 10:48 am

I am glad to hear that you and your friend are all okay.... I am glad to hear that.... really glad to hear.

I know it was his fault.... but friendship is a funny thing.... people make mistakes.... they always do.... and sticking by others in their time of need... I can imagine your friend is going through a tough time and he is probably blaming himself.... I would give him a chance.... and try to stick around....

I have been going through such a challenging time..... it has been so hard.... and I feel empty all the time and I guess I have been in a major depression for a month now.

I miss.... last year.... hard to believe.

And I will miss those times more and more everyday..... I miss my friend.... I miss it all....

I have not felt so empty in my life..... and I feel just like nothing..... the feeling will prevail for a long long time....

://

Written By: 80sfan on 01/18/17 at 11:09 am

I am glad to hear that you and your friend are all okay.... I am glad to hear that.... really glad to hear.

I know it was his fault.... but friendship is a funny thing.... people make mistakes.... they always do.... and sticking by others in their time of need... I can imagine your friend is going through a tough time and he is probably blaming himself.... I would give him a chance.... and try to stick around....

I have been going through such a challenging time..... it has been so hard.... and I feel empty all the time and I guess I have been in a major depression for a month now.

And I will miss those times more and more everyday..... I miss my friend.... I miss it all....

I have not felt so empty in my life..... and I feel just like nothing..... the feeling will prevail for a long long time....

Hehe. I said, when I wrote it, that I was thinking/chewing it over, whether I will still stay friends with him, or not. Nothing is written in stone.
Also, I might have been speaking from my physical pain, blowing off steam. I wouldn't suddenly just cut a friendship with someone and not think about it, thoroughly, and for a time.

Also, sometimes my depression/anxiety can block my clear thinking. Sometimes my thoughts can jumble.

And as for you, I don't know why he was so cruel to you, but perhaps he was being flippant and judgmental towards a situation involving you? I hope you find friends one day that you can consistently hang out with, and are dependable. 

Also, young people, especially under age 21 aren't always loyal, they can be fickle. It's one of the dark sides of youth. It's not out of the norm (although it still hurts) to hear true stories of friends falling out in Junior high high school, because they start hanging out with different groups.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/17 at 11:59 am

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: annimal on 01/18/17 at 12:26 pm

hi  got a couple songs in my head this morning.  I'll have to see if I can find them.  Maybe see if I can hear them in my right ear.  When I oil my ear, I keep getting wall sized bits out of them.  Nothing out of the left ear.  I started wondering if my right ear is the only place where wax can collect up and be drained.

Written By: annimal on 01/18/17 at 2:37 pm

By the way, the first song I got in my head was that  Born  to late  for you u u u  I couldn't hear it in my left ear nor enough sound in my right ear.

The other song I don't know what it is and am not searching all over for right now and someone around here might know what I'm looking for.  Words maybe like  only look at your face for the rest of my god dam live      ( sounds like a shantilly lace thing)

lunch  time

Written By: Howard on 01/18/17 at 3:02 pm

Hope things will get better for you.  :)

Written By: 2001 on 01/18/17 at 6:42 pm

Get well soon bro :( The feeling will go away. No truer statement than "time heals wounds". Okay, maybe not all, but definitely most. Don't lose hope. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/18/17 at 8:08 pm

Get well soon bro :( The feeling will go away. No truer statement than "time heals wounds". Okay, maybe not all, but definitely most. Don't lose hope. :)

Pain killers help!  :)

Ahh, God. Sorry, I'm projecting!  ;D  ;D

Written By: annimal on 01/18/17 at 9:47 pm

^ Do you need some nuts now?

Written By: nally on 01/19/17 at 5:29 pm

I want a Mac!

I didn't get one. Nor did I intend to. Particularly since my flashdisks are all compatible with Windows PC's only.

Yesterday I purchased an HP with Windows Ten; I haven't hooked it up yet, but will do so either tonight or tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/17 at 12:04 am

My guests have now gone to be guests with other relatives, and it good to see and carry my granddaughter again.

But now after they had left I have developed flu, so I am not at full speed.

Written By: Howard on 01/20/17 at 7:18 am

My guests have now gone to be guests with other relatives, and it good to see and carry my granddaughter again.

Hope you feel better Phil. :)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/20/17 at 2:52 pm

Pain killers help!  :)

Ahh, God. Sorry, I'm projecting!  ;D  ;D

Yup 500 MG Tylenol certainly helped me when I had this procedure done and let me tell you this was an even bigger procedure than making polenta.  ;D

Written By: nally on 01/21/17 at 2:21 pm

Sorry to hear you got sick again Philip, but I hope you enjoyed your time with your guests!

Written By: nally on 01/21/17 at 2:22 pm

I didn't get one. Nor did I intend to. Particularly since my flashdisks are all compatible with Windows PC's only.

Yesterday I purchased an HP with Windows Ten; I haven't hooked it up yet, but will do so either tonight or tomorrow.

I got my new computer set up yesterday; I hope it works well for me, and lasts until at least 2022.

Written By: 2001 on 01/21/17 at 6:12 pm

Do the upside down emoticons make anyone else a bit nauseous and dizzy? :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/22/17 at 1:25 pm

Well, not really.  I've grown used to people playing jokes on us before April Fools.  ;D

Written By: annimal on 01/22/17 at 2:59 pm

my dad has recently accused me of skinning the cat.  You guys haven't seen my sheep costume yet have you?

Written By: Howard on 01/22/17 at 3:15 pm

not really.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/22/17 at 5:47 pm

I've just been getting over an awful cold that I caught.  8-P

Now I don't even know if I have Pink Eye which my mother did have. I don't have all of the symptoms of Pink Eye but my left eye is very red. I don't have the swollen lids or itchiness, or anything else. I'm supposed to see Lee tomorrow but if I have that I wouldn't want him to catch it.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 01/22/17 at 8:56 pm

Now I don't even know if I have Pink Eye which my mother did have. I don't have all of the symptoms of Pink Eye but my left eye is very red. I don't have the swollen lids or itchiness, or anything else. I'm supposed to see Lee tomorrow but if I have that I wouldn't want him to catch it.  :-\\

sorry you've been feeling bad; get well asap! Might I recommend resting well.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/22/17 at 8:59 pm

Yup 500 MG Tylenol certainly helped me when I had this procedure done and let me tell you this was an even bigger procedure than making polenta.  ;D

And muscle relaxants too!  :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/22/17 at 11:11 pm

Well... I usually like to ramble on with writing about my day. Well here's my thoughts for today. :)
11:19 PM EDT January 22nd 2017 AD (CE)
Was quite a long work shift.... worked exactly 5 hours... and worked 10 hours this week... so at least next paycheck I will have some good money in my bank account.... good..

1/22/2017.
Life hurts the best of us... life hurts the worst of us. Life is a story unseen... and seen.... unpredictable yet so predictable at the same time. I sit here in my living room.... like always.... I cant quite go to sleep yet. And I havent been able to get good sleep in a while.... something is missing in this equation of life... a variable unsolvable at the moment.

Poetry in motion. A whole year gone.... a split microsecond in the universe. Everyday.... I feel more and more alone. I still have not found what I am looking for. "I built... my guard up to the clouds... because of you... Ive been reduced from high-rise windows to stepping stones.... theres gotta be something more for me... More than framework and furniture....Free fall into foreign waters....
You tore me down, you tore me down.... "Ill tell you everything is copacetic.." " (Untitled - Knuckle Puck)

https://youtu.be/m6yED9alU98

I think back to me last year... and I just shake my head.... because I have literally been in the same state for a year.... same weight pretty much... I have a job... and thats about it. I still had friends at High School this time last year.... now I have none.... nobody accepts me here.... and I have accepted that.

Acceptance Day just happened to be two days ago.

And I guess self acceptance is key
The struggles and the burden I carry seem to weigh more and more on me each day.... yes I am supposed to grow with each struggle... but growing seems hard to do.

My brother is going back to college on Tuesday.... he has become so cold lately and so intolerant of who I am that it just annoys me beyond end. I get he is a College Freshman and College changes people. Something has changed I guess. Even when I was up there he was pretty cool about everything. Every little quirk of mine and everything about me I guess annoys him to no end. He even told me I will never succeed in the real world.... it feels horrible that I actually am looking forward to him being gone. My other brother is just there.... I will probably never become close to him... my twin brother and I dont get along too much either... though part of that I am sure is us being twins and each of us knowing how to be insanely petty to one another. My parents are focused on other things.... which I dont blame them for. At least our family hasn't fought with each other in a while... thats always good.

Tommorow I start walking home again. Something that has always calmed my nerves. Feeling just a bit like I can at least take charge of something. Everyone always looks at me funny when I tell them I walk 45 minutes home each day... but you get kinda used to it!

Nothing ever seems to be good enough... and this song just keeps on coming in my head when I think of my current life situation.

Below is the lyrics for "Good Enough" by Tiny Moving Parts...Which just happens to be stopping by with Real Friends at Bogarts in Cincinnati on April 30th... something I will try my ABSOLUTE BEST to go to.... along with Knuckle Puck coming there with Mayday Parade on the 26th... like two of one of my favorite pop punk bands coming to one place within a week of each other is just AHHH!!!!

https://youtu.be/uZkp6K-PxGQ
"Nothing’s ever good enough
Nothing’s ever good enough
The weather’s never cold enough
To drive me out
Chapter one needs to come
I have complained all morning
Now I can barely speak
There’s a message inside that tells me
I will shed this skin I’ll break free again
I’ve been searching for something
To keep me warm
To help me sleep at night
Come on
Is that a reward or a necessity?
Unplug the cord
Shuffle the cards
These ties have been tied too tightly
And I can barely breathe
Igloo mountains built high in the backyard
But all I see is melting
There’s blood on my flannel
Courage in my flask
If we move onward
We’ll never look back"

This TV Show... This Is Us has to be the best TV show I have seen in a long time... there is something magical about it that just hooks you in... and I find myself getting emotional watching it.

Pop punk seems to be the musical genre of choice for me. People go through struggles... and that is exemplified by the genre.

I find myself feeling.... that is something I have had such a problem with... pop punk helps me FEEL... feel alive I guess.... At the wrong moments I feel nothing.... at the wrong moments I feel everything.... society teaches us to put our feelings away... to put on a mask... something I am completely guilty of. But everynight... pop punk helps me unmask my mask I show to the outerworld... and helps me... feel...

ALIVE.

I may be lost... I may not be found.... I may be in a deep depression... I may struggle everyday... I may think of myself badly... I maybe heartbroken and grieving...

BUT IM ALIVE... and I guess that is all that matters... I may not be thriving... but I am alive...

"Its okay... to feel lost... it just means youre alive...."
(Senses Fail - The Fire)
https://youtu.be/2txjClDy5YA

Written By: 80sfan on 01/22/17 at 11:23 pm

Well... I usually like to ramble on with writing about my day. Well here's my thoughts for today. :)
Was quite a long work shift.... worked exactly 5 hours... and worked 10 hours this week... so at least next paycheck I will have some good money in my bank account.... good..

1/22/2017.
Life hurts the best of us... life hurts the worst of us. Life is a story unseen... and seen.... unpredictable yet so predictable at the same time. I sit here in my living room.... like always.... I cant quite go to sleep yet. And I havent been able to get good sleep in a while.... something is missing in this equation of life... a variable unsolvable at the moment.

Poetry in motion. A whole year gone.... a split microsecond in the universe. Everyday.... I feel more and more alone. I still have not found what I am looking for. "I built... my guard up to the clouds... because of you... Ive been reduced from high-rise windows to stepping stones.... theres gotta be something more for me... More than framework and furniture....Free fall into foreign waters....
You tore me down, you tore me down.... "Ill tell you everything is copacetic.." " (Untitled - Knuckle Puck)

I think back to me last year... and I just shake my head.... because I have literally been in the same state for a year.... same weight pretty much... I have a job... and thats about it. I still had friends at High School this time last year.... now I have none.... nobody accepts me here.... and I have accepted that.

The struggles and the burden I carry seem to weigh more and more on me each day.... yes I am supposed to grow with each struggle... but growing seems hard to do.

My brother is going back to college on Tuesday.... he has become so cold lately and so intolerant of who I am that it just annoys me beyond end. I get he is a College Freshman and College changes people. Something has changed I guess. Even when I was up there he was pretty cool about everything. Every little quirk of mine and everything about me I guess annoys him to no end. He even told me I will never succeed in the real world.... it feels horrible that I actually am looking forward to him being gone. My other brother is just there.... I will probably never become close to him... my twin brother and I dont get along too much either... though part of that I am sure is us being twins and each of us knowing how to be insanely petty to one another. My parents are focused on other things.... which I dont blame them for. At least our family hasn't fought with each other in a while... thats always good.

Tommorow I start walking home again. Something that has always calmed my nerves. Feeling just a bit like I can at least take charge of something. Everyone always looks at me funny when I tell them I walk 45 minutes home each day... but you get kinda used to it!

Nothing ever seems to be good enough... and this song just keeps on coming in my head when I think of my current life situation.

Below is the lyrics for "Good Enough" by Tiny Moving Parts...Which just happens to be stopping by with Real Friends at Bogarts in Cincinnati on April 30th... something I will try my ABSOLUTE BEST to go to.... along with Knuckle Puck coming there with Mayday Parade on the 26th... like two of one of my favorite pop punk bands coming to one place within a week of each other is just AHHH!!!!

To drive me out
Now I can barely speak
To keep me warm
Come on
Unplug the cord
Shuffle the cards
And I can barely breathe
But all I see is melting
Courage in my flask
If we move onward
We’ll never look back"

This TV Show... This Is Us has to be the best TV show I have seen in a long time... there is something magical about it that just hooks you in... and I find myself getting emotional watching it.

Pop punk seems to be the musical genre of choice for me. People go through struggles... and that is exemplified by the genre.

I find myself feeling.... that is something I have had such a problem with... pop punk helps me FEEL... feel alive I guess.... At the wrong moments I feel nothing.... at the wrong moments I feel everything.... society teaches us to put our feelings away... to put on a mask... something I am completely guilty of. But everynight... pop punk helps me unmask my mask I show to the outerworld... and helps me... feel...

ALIVE.

I may be lost... I may not be found.... I may be in a deep depression... I may struggle everyday... I may think of myself badly... I maybe heartbroken and grieving...

BUT IM ALIVE... and I guess that is all that matters... I may not be thriving... but I am alive...

(Senses Fail - The Fire)

Sounds like you went through what I went through, but with my younger nephew. Me and him got along fine and then he started high school. Then he saw me cry one night. He didn't like that I showed vulnerability and 'weakness'. I was crying because of my mental health issues, and not getting along with my parents. And we weren't close for about seven years. Just last year, we started talking again. We'll never be close as we were when he was pre-high school age, but we can be cordial.

I'm the sensitive, poetic type, and he's the realistic, stoic, hardcore, practical, type. Sometimes even family members outgrow each other. Now if it happens with a family member in the future, I won't be shocked. Also, I can't blame myself 100% for not being as close to my nephew anymore, some people are hardheaded, period. It's not my fault you choose to be the way you are.

Keep your head up, TheKid99!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/17 at 11:16 am

1/22/2017.

To drive me out
Now I can barely speak
To keep me warm
Come on
Unplug the cord
Shuffle the cards
And I can barely breathe
But all I see is melting
Courage in my flask
If we move onward
We’ll never look back"

ALIVE.

(Senses Fail - The Fire)

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

I know you may feel alone but you really are not. But, what you need to learn how to do (and this is easier said than done) is TRY not to worry about others. You need to look into your soul and figure out what you what-for yourself that has nothing to do with anyone else. You want to be a writer, then write. You want to an economist, spend your free time in the library reading about economics, etc. etc. Join groups that interest you. Broaden your horizons so to speak. I know everyone wants to be loved but I have learned that in order to be loved, you have to love yourself first.

I'm sure I speak for many people here, you are part of our little family and we care about you.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/23/17 at 11:26 am

I know you may feel alone but you really are not. But, what you need to learn how to do (and this is easier said than done) is TRY not to worry about others. You need to look into your soul and figure out what you what-for yourself that has nothing to do with anyone else. You want to be a writer, then write. You want to an economist, spend your free time in the library reading about economics, etc. etc. Join groups that interest you. Broaden your horizons so to speak. I know everyone wants to be loved but I have learned that in order to be loved, you have to love yourself first.

I'm sure I speak for many people here, you are part of our little family and we care about you.

Cat

Ditto that.

Does your depression have anything to do with that terrible accident you told us about?  We all hope the girls survived, but I don't think you told us.  If this is the case, you might think about grief counseling.  In any case, hope you feel better soon

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/23/17 at 11:57 am

Ditto that.

Does your depression have anything to do with that terrible accident you told us about?  We all hope the girls survived, but I don't think you told us.  If this is the case, you might think about grief counseling.  In any case, hope you feel better soon

I guess that started it all.... but it was also the time when I was really really good friends with my best friend.... until December 19th.  The girls survived... miraciously... but Claire is still in need of a liver transplant soon...

Thank you all...

Cat

Sounds like you went through what I went through, but with my younger nephew. Me and him got along fine and then he started high school. Then he saw me cry one night. He didn't like that I showed vulnerability and 'weakness'. I was crying because of my mental health issues, and not getting along with my parents. And we weren't close for about seven years. Just last year, we started talking again. We'll never be close as we were when he was pre-high school age, but we can be cordial.

I'm the sensitive, poetic type, and he's the realistic, stoic, hardcore, practical, type. Sometimes even family members outgrow each other. Now if it happens with a family member in the future, I won't be shocked. Also, I can't blame myself 100% for not being as close to my nephew anymore, some people are hardheaded, period. It's not my fault you choose to be the way you are.

Keep your head up, TheKid99!

Thank you all for the above.... :)

It is really great to know there are people here for me....

Written By: annimal on 01/23/17 at 12:13 pm

I was made exceptable in my situation and read the paperwork and all. I guess I basically understand, but think I'm more confused.  Why do things have to be the way they are?  I'm going to ask my mom some questions like why do I need a job?  Is there a reason for a job besides my mom feeling I'm being more productive?  I feel like I'm going to loose my mind in a not fun way. 

I'm going to have a dental appointment and will be at or very close to broke for awhile.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/17 at 3:11 pm

hope you get well soon Jessica. :)

Written By: annimal on 01/23/17 at 3:47 pm

I was made exceptable in my situation and read the paperwork and all. I guess I basically understand, but think I'm more confused.  Why do things have to be the way they are?  I'm going to ask my mom some questions like why do I need a job?  Is there a reason for a job besides my mom feeling I'm being more productive?  I feel like I'm going to loose my mind in a not fun way. 

I'm going to have a dental appointment and will be at or very close to broke for awhile.

Yup there's a reason to work other them my mom just wanting me to.

Being out of money will be fun.  I still will have my camera, a computer, and a bunch of seeds.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/17 at 5:47 pm

So I uploaded pics from my small camera (I have 2 that I use on a regular basis but have others). When I looked at the first few pics, I couldn't figure why I would take them. They were of the office and I saw a thumb in most of them. I have been taking pics long enough to know not to get my thumb in there. Many were blurry, too. Then I saw one grandson in one pic and the other grandson in another. So, when they were here for Christmas, two little boys found my camera and decided to play with it for a bit.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 01/23/17 at 6:28 pm

So I uploaded pics from my small camera (I have 2 that I use on a regular basis but have others). When I looked at the first few pics, I couldn't figure why I would take them. They were of the office and I saw a thumb in most of them. I have been taking pics long enough to know not to get my thumb in there. Many were blurry, too. Then I saw one grandson in one pic and the other grandson in another. So, when they were here for Christmas, two little boys found my camera and decided to play with it for a bit.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I put bunny ears behind my siblings sometimes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/17 at 6:32 pm

I put bunny ears behind my siblings sometimes.

When Carlos got his license renewed and I got my non-driver's ID, the way they had it at the DMV, I was standing next to him as he got his pic taken. I joked about doing the bunny ears with his pic. The person taking the pic laughed.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/23/17 at 10:40 pm

Yup there's a reason to work other them my mom just wanting me to.

Being out of money will be fun.  I still will have my camera, a computer, and a bunch of seeds.

Yes but when you do work, you will earn money so that you can buy the things you want/need. (Hopefully.)

I know I would not want to be without $$$; gotta buy food, pay bills, etc...

Written By: nally on 01/23/17 at 10:41 pm

As for me, I have been at my current part time job for a whole year now (as of last Thursday!), but I am still looking for something full time... or even another part time job to supplement the one I currently have. Today I was unable to go online and do a job hunt, due to my internet connection being down for much of the day.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/17 at 2:59 pm

Yes but when you do work, you will earn money so that you can buy the things you want/need. (Hopefully.)

I know I would not want to be without $$$; gotta buy food, pay bills, etc...

everybody needs money in order to survive.

Written By: Ripley on 01/24/17 at 7:23 pm

Thekid99:

I agree with Cat. You're a part of our family and we all care about you. Life can be very tough. I've had so many bad things happen to me and I've dealt with depression a lot. Hang in there. Hugs to you.

Written By: annimal on 01/24/17 at 9:35 pm

looking for a pot can't hold

woah lord stopped in Lodi again

This was an ear appointment  and they gave my mom the name of my stupid dry skin do to my past radiation treatment.  They don't think I'd do better with a hearing aid.  I don't either, I think I have more of a problem with the brain processing things and now knowing for sure as well that I'm just going to have skin constantly peeling off me,  nothing is going to get to the things that bring the sound to the brain.  Anyway, the cost for this will be paid off  next month, no worries yet.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/24/17 at 9:51 pm

looking for a pot can't hold

woah lord stopped in Lodi again

This was an ear appointment  and they gave my mom the name of my stupid dry skin do to my past radiation treatment.  They don't think I'd do better with a hearing aid.  I don't either, I think I have more of a problem with the brain processing things and now knowing for sure as well that I'm just going to have skin constantly peeling off me,  nothing is going to get to the things that bring the sound to the brain.  Anyway, the cost for this will be paid off  next month, no worries yet.

Good luck!  8)  8)

Written By: nally on 01/24/17 at 10:50 pm

everybody needs money in order to survive.

True dat!

That's why I try to spend mine wisely, and am still in the process of searching for another one. My eventual goal is still to find something full time.

Written By: annimal on 01/24/17 at 11:12 pm

another 1$?

Written By: annimal on 01/25/17 at 11:39 am

the sun is out today and will probably do some stuff in my grass disaster area.

Written By: nally on 01/25/17 at 12:29 pm

I have no place to go today, so I will be doing stuff at home.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/17 at 3:06 pm

True dat!

That's why I try to spend mine wisely, and am still in the process of searching for another one. My eventual goal is still to find something full time.

I definitely save my money and take money out of my account whenever I can.

Written By: 2001 on 01/25/17 at 3:58 pm

I'm falling behind in my reading goal  :\'(

Written By: 80sfan on 01/25/17 at 4:21 pm

I'm falling behind in my reading goal  :\'(

Oh no, why do you think that is?  ???

Mine is because I have too much going on in my personal life right now! It just kills my desire.

Written By: 2001 on 01/25/17 at 4:27 pm

Oh no, why do you think that is?  ???

Mine is because I have too much going on in my personal life right now! It just kills my desire.

Yeah, same. Partly that, also partly because I'm reading books that are too large (I count books read, instead of hours read).

I've been keeping a graph about it. The red line is where I should be if I want to reach my goal, the blue line is where I am. I'm falling further behind!

http://i.imgur.com/2IKrusA.png

I'm going to try getting some smaller books, and spend more time at night reading. Classical music + books is a fast way to go to sleep ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 01/25/17 at 4:30 pm

Yeah, same. Partly that, also partly because I'm reading books that are too large (I count books read, instead of hours read).

I've been keeping a graph about it. The red line is where I should be if I want to reach my goal, the blue line is where I am. I'm falling further behind!

http://i.imgur.com/2IKrusA.png

I'm going to try getting some smaller books, and spend more time at night reading. Classical music + books is a fast way to go to sleep ;D

It's like trying to eat a whole buffet when you haven't even ate a whole cake yet! Okay, that's extreme, but you get the idea!  :-X  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 01/25/17 at 4:35 pm

It's like trying to eat a whole buffet when you haven't even ate a whole cake yet! Okay, that's extreme, but you get the idea!  :-X  ;D

I'm going to make this all-you-can-eat buffet into an all-you-must eat :-X

Written By: annimal on 01/25/17 at 5:50 pm

there was a slug in my disaster grass area

Written By: nally on 01/25/17 at 10:29 pm

I definitely save my money and take money out of my account whenever I can.

I take money out of mine when I need it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/17 at 1:19 am

Just spent a few days away with relatives, but came home with gastric flu, which I am shaking off now.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/26/17 at 1:51 am

Just spent a few days away with relatives, but came home with gastric flu, which I am shaking off now.

Good luck!

Written By: karen on 01/26/17 at 1:32 pm

You should read books because you want to, not to meet some weird target

Written By: annimal on 01/26/17 at 4:03 pm

Done pulling weeds out of my disaster area.  Now to see if any of them look pretty and or attract anything.  I'll plant my new seeds in pots and same thing, see if anything looks pretty and or attracts anything.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/17 at 4:16 pm

Hope you feel better. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/26/17 at 11:37 pm

><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><

January 26th 2017 11:45 PM

--------------------

My English teacher commented on my reflective post since she happens to be my friend on Facebook during my english class.... she said in front of the entire class that I am a very very talented writer and that I should consider a career in some type of writing. Made me kinda blush lol.... everyone stared at me.... yeah... I guess they dont know what I feel... nobody does.

When we talked about what we were writing about in our "This I Believe" Essays.... I tried to explain..... that I have high functioning autism and everything.... but my group kinda downplayed it.... and it kind of irked me.

The tragic irony of being 295 pounds and 6'5 can be that everyone assumes you got it together or assumes I am a football or basketball player and assumes everythings going okay. I swear I have gotta make myself a custom card just like on the Facebook post... lol.

However... the writing comment...That kind of made my day.....

I guess I do have a certain way of writing that is very deep and very rewarding...

School.... I have become an introvert.... I am usually a combination... but I have reclused myself lately for many reasons....

Finding your way through the world can be tough... and I guess that is what I have felt like....

The world seems to be out to get you.... out to do you harm..... out to make you feel as if you are nobody... misunderstandings.... frustration.... everything. That world has boundless opportunity outside of where everything is.... things we cannot see yet...

My first nap in a week... was a nice three hour long nap and something I really needed after a horridly long day at school with an Algebra II Quiz I know I most likely failed... I tried my best... but I guess I cant.

Im trying my best in this cruel world.... and I guess that is all I can do...

Despite feeling content.... I can see the crash in the background.. the great plummet of my life in the end of 2016. And I know for me to reach those highs I felt before that day last month.... I wonder if I will ever experience that again....

It seems to me it all started with Leah getting into that car accident back in August... since then.... it has been a downward trend... especially after mid October. Went through a bit of a rally from Late August to Early December.....And then the crash happened in December...

My brother talks to Leah daily.... and she is going through such a tough time... she is afraid to ever drive a car again.... Claire needs a liver transplant still... she is doing okay. I heard her experience on that day.... my God.... August 16th..... the way she described the carnage after the crash..... that would traumatize me for life.

I cant do this anymore.... expect everything to go as planned..... plan for something that will never come. Most importantly....

I have put myself back.... I have not loved myself.... loved who I am.... I have spent my days wallowing in self despair. Both self induced and influenced by outside factors... I have felt alone for a long time. I guess for a long time I have not loved who I am... loved everything about me.... have not loved what I am trying to do. One of my tragic flaws is putting others before myself.... I am the kind of guy that if I truly trust somebody I would take a bullet for a friend..... or help out anybody.... need 100$ for that bill you accidentally forgot to pay? Got it! Im overly generous and giving kind of guy.

But I dont do that for myself.... and it seems I will have to change that about me.

I HAVE GOT TO LOVE MYSELF BEFORE I CAN LOVE OTHERS.....

Because true happiness starts from within....

I am until I think I am in a good enough state to be ready for whatever life may throw at me going to focus on me.... focus on myself.... and try to improve who I am. Because at this moment.... I am not ready for any kind of relationship.... friendship.... acquaintance.... relationship.... anything.... because my fear of commitment has been getting larger and larger with every heartbreak. And I have got to focus on me... be me.... try to find who I am.... not somebody who masquerades as if they are truly you... somebody who is ACTUALLY me.

On the edge of entering adulthood....

By this time next year.... I will have decided my future.... my college choice... my plans... probably driving on the road.

The schools I am leaning towards are UC... OSU... DePauw....

It all depends on how I do on my SAT and ACT.

Depends...

On the edge of something... thats for sure....

Written By: nally on 01/26/17 at 11:38 pm

Feel better asap!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/26/17 at 11:59 pm

><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><>>>><>>>>>>>><>><

--------------------

My English teacher commented on my reflective post since she happens to be my friend on Facebook during my english class.... she said in front of the entire class that I am a very very talented writer and that I should consider a career in some type of writing. Made me kinda blush lol.... everyone stared at me.... yeah... I guess they dont know what I feel... nobody does.

When we talked about what we were writing about in our "This I Believe" Essays.... I tried to explain..... that I have high functioning autism and everything.... but my group kinda downplayed it.... and it kind of irked me.

The tragic irony of being 295 pounds and 6'5 can be that everyone assumes you got it together or assumes I am a football or basketball player and assumes everythings going okay. I swear I have gotta make myself a custom card just like on the Facebook post... lol.

I guess I do have a certain way of writing that is very deep and very rewarding...

School.... I have become an introvert.... I am usually a combination... but I have reclused myself lately for many reasons....

Finding your way through the world can be tough... and I guess that is what I have felt like....

The world seems to be out to get you.... out to do you harm..... out to make you feel as if you are nobody... misunderstandings.... frustration.... everything. That world has boundless opportunity outside of where everything is.... things we cannot see yet...

My first nap in a week... was a nice three hour long nap and something I really needed after a horridly long day at school with an Algebra II Quiz I know I most likely failed... I tried my best... but I guess I cant.

Despite feeling content.... I can see the crash in the background.. the great plummet of my life in the end of 2016. And I know for me to reach those highs I felt before that day last month.... I wonder if I will ever experience that again....

It seems to me it all started with Leah getting into that car accident back in August... since then.... it has been a downward trend... especially after mid October. Went through a bit of a rally from Late August to Early December.....And then the crash happened in December...

My brother talks to Leah daily.... and she is going through such a tough time... she is afraid to ever drive a car again.... Claire needs a liver transplant still... she is doing okay. I heard her experience on that day.... my God.... August 16th..... the way she described the carnage after the crash..... that would traumatize me for life.

I cant do this anymore.... expect everything to go as planned..... plan for something that will never come. Most importantly....

I have put myself back.... I have not loved myself.... loved who I am.... I have spent my days wallowing in self despair. Both self induced and influenced by outside factors... I have felt alone for a long time. I guess for a long time I have not loved who I am... loved everything about me.... have not loved what I am trying to do. One of my tragic flaws is putting others before myself.... I am the kind of guy that if I truly trust somebody I would take a bullet for a friend..... or help out anybody.... need 100$ for that bill you accidentally forgot to pay? Got it! Im overly generous and giving kind of guy.

But I dont do that for myself.... and it seems I will have to change that about me.

I am until I think I am in a good enough state to be ready for whatever life may throw at me going to focus on me.... focus on myself.... and try to improve who I am. Because at this moment.... I am not ready for any kind of relationship.... friendship.... acquaintance.... relationship.... anything.... because my fear of commitment has been getting larger and larger with every heartbreak. And I have got to focus on me... be me.... try to find who I am.... not somebody who masquerades as if they are truly you... somebody who is ACTUALLY me.

By this time next year.... I will have decided my future.... my college choice... my plans... probably driving on the road.

Depends...

I remember you posted about a friend in an accident last summer?? of 2016. Memory is fuzzy. I do remember praying for her. Hope she's even better now.

As for me being Facebook friends with a teacher, I was too insecure at that age to have a teacher as a friend. I know, not proud of it now. But I was kind of arrogant at that age, LOL. Oh well! You're already a better person than me when I was 17.

Seems to me, you're not that interested in being a writer. I believe I asked you in your 'ask me' thread.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/27/17 at 12:02 am

I think I could be one honestly. I have no clue however. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/27/17 at 12:08 am

I think I could be one honestly. I have no clue however. :)

Your writing is quite good. It sucks me in. 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/27/17 at 8:18 am

--------------------

Depends...

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

My last post to you, I said something about writing, too. I also think that you have wonderful writing skills (which is why I mentioned it.)

Entering adulthood can be very scary and exciting. I remember I couldn't wait. I wanted to leave home as quickly as possible (which is why I joined the Air Force). College is a good place to grow.  When I went back to school in my 30s, I did a lot of growing, discovering who I was and what I really wanted out of life. But, those questions may not always be answered. Even today, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. What helped me (and still helps me) is keeping an journal. Sometimes I go back and read old entries and I'm amazing at how far I have come-even from just a couple of years ago.

And with relationships-too late for that. You already have so many relationships around you whether you are aware of it or not. And you have so many people in your corner whether you are aware of it or not. It sounds like your teacher is in your corner. I can tell you that both Carlos & I are, too along with other here are also in your corner.

You will get through this time in your life. You are strong. Keep telling yourself that. When I went through the worse period of my life (long story), I lived by a motto that I kept telling myself, "That which does not break you makes you stronger." And by telling myself that and living it, I am so much stronger today than I have EVER been. 

BTW, my oldest step-daughter (Carlos' daughter) worked about a year at DePauw and my niece went to OSU (depending on which OSU you mean-Oklahoma State or Ohio State-she went to Oklahoma).

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/27/17 at 9:04 am

I guess that started it all.... but it was also the time when I was really really good friends with my best friend.... until December 19th.  The girls survived... miraciously... but Claire is still in need of a liver transplant soon...

Thank you all...Thank you all for the above.... :)

HALLIULLA (? spelling) that they survived.  Miraculous is an understatement.  As to the rest, any advise or observations would sound condescending.  your feeling are what they are, but this too shall pass.  Keep on slugging.  Your friend D C

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/27/17 at 10:13 am

Your writing is quite good. It sucks me in. 8)

Thank you! Feels great to know somebody likes my writing... :)

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

My last post to you, I said something about writing, too. I also think that you have wonderful writing skills (which is why I mentioned it.)

Entering adulthood can be very scary and exciting. I remember I couldn't wait. I wanted to leave home as quickly as possible (which is why I joined the Air Force). College is a good place to grow.  When I went back to school in my 30s, I did a lot of growing, discovering who I was and what I really wanted out of life. But, those questions may not always be answered. Even today, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. What helped me (and still helps me) is keeping an journal. Sometimes I go back and read old entries and I'm amazing at how far I have come-even from just a couple of years ago.

And with relationships-too late for that. You already have so many relationships around you whether you are aware of it or not. And you have so many people in your corner whether you are aware of it or not. It sounds like your teacher is in your corner. I can tell you that both Carlos & I are, too along with other here are also in your corner.

You will get through this time in your life. You are strong. Keep telling yourself that. When I went through the worse period of my life (long story), I lived by a motto that I kept telling myself, "That which does not break you makes you stronger." And by telling myself that and living it, I am so much stronger today than I have EVER been. 

BTW, my oldest step-daughter (Carlos' daughter) worked about a year at DePauw and my niece went to OSU (depending on which OSU you mean-Oklahoma State or Ohio State-she went to Oklahoma).

Cat

Thank you so much for the well wishes and trying to help me get through a tough time...

I have used writing as an outlet to try and let myself be me... to help source through all of the issues I guess to help me cope... and I try my best and always write from the heart when I write about my struggles. 

I have relationships.... not many.... but I have some.... but I feel like I cant handle a new one anymore.... because I  have had constant heartbreak it is so horrible and everything....

But I will try my hardest....

I am strong and I gotta realize that...

HALLIULLA (? spelling) that they survived.  Miraculous is an understatement.  As to the rest, any advise or observations would sound condescending.  your feeling are what they are, but this too shall pass.  Keep on slugging.  Your friend D C

They survived somehow.... I heard the story from Leah... her experience.... she in a way saved claires life... while eveyrone else was screaming and Claire was unconsious and turning blue she somehow had the courage to do mouth to mouth to keep her alive...

Dont worry about sounding condescending.... :) If you have advice I would really like to hear it...

Ill try to continue...

Thank you all.... :)

Written By: nally on 01/27/17 at 12:55 pm

Thank you all...Thank you all for the above.... :)

Good to hear they have survived.

O0

Written By: Ripley on 01/27/17 at 11:14 pm

Here are the highlights of the last few days

Friday: The car started hesitating really bad. We had it looked at and found out that it was something to do with the transmission.
Saturday: My sister brought my mom my Grandma's car that they are going to buy from her but have been using. So that way my mom could drive it and not risk breaking down.
Sunday: My #1 show, NCIS wasn't on cause of football grrr
Monday: Worked on organizing videos on my Youtube playlists
Tuesday: Worked on organizing videos on my Youtube playlists again
Wednesday: Nothing interesting happened
Thursday: My mom worked early and we checked out a new show, Riverdale, which was good. It's a whodunit version of Betty and Veronica. And the guy they both are interested in is named Archie!
Friday: We took the car to get worked on and are using a loaner. But the bad news is that it was actually something to do with the engine and we have no idea how we are going to pay for the bill. She was able to make the car payment but hopefully her friend who works there can help her get it taken care of. My Grandma bought us groceries but it wasn't much for what we spent and were really having trouble with bills and paying rent.

And the highlight of my week: Today I went to the first day showing of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter! Yay!
The weekend plans

Saturday: I doubt my sister will want to go to my stepmom's and it really bugs me. I spent years not being close to my stepmom and brother and I want to see them but cause were not so close it's awkward to me going over there without her. Also, my mom will be at work so I couldn't get a ride anyway. But I'm worried my sister will become like me and drift from them.
Sunday: My sister's birthday and we don't have the money to get her anything.

Written By: nally on 01/28/17 at 10:58 am

^ Sounds like you've had an interesting week+. O0

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/28/17 at 12:42 pm

Thank you! Feels great to know somebody likes my writing... :)Thank you so much for the well wishes and trying to help me get through a tough time...

Dont worry about sounding condescending.... :) If you have advice I would really like to hear it...

Ill try to continue...

Thank you all.... :)

Not really advice, but observations from hindsight.  Aside from grief over loss, sounds like teenage angst, something that I went through many moons ago, but still remember.  For me, college was the cure.  It totally challenged  me and kept life interesting.  It also provided my "tribe", people I could relate to.  Hope tou find your cure sooner rather than later 

Written By: Ripley on 01/28/17 at 10:35 pm

My sister decided to go to my stepmom's and she didn't even invite me. She has been so rude lately.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/28/17 at 10:39 pm

My sister decided to go to my stepmom's and she didn't even invite me. She has been so rude lately.

:\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 01/29/17 at 2:54 pm

That's not right on her part.  :(

Written By: 2001 on 01/29/17 at 3:42 pm

Finished my first audiobook of the year: The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir. Not fast enough! ;D

Written By: nally on 01/29/17 at 5:48 pm

That's not right on her part.  :(

I agree with Howard.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/29/17 at 5:51 pm

I was nursing a bad knee all week last week.  One thing I don't want is a knee replacement because I'm far too young to have that type of operation. 8-P

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/30/17 at 9:27 am

Not really advice, but observations from hindsight.  Aside from grief over loss, sounds like teenage angst, something that I went through many moons ago, but still remember.  For me, college was the cure.  It totally challenged  me and kept life interesting.  It also provided my "tribe", people I could relate to.  Hope tou find your cure sooner rather than later

You really get where I am coming from and I appreciate it...

1022 am...

At high school....

3 hours of sleep last night....

More and more I think everyday.... and I guess.... that helps me in a way.... to try and continue on.

Sleep deprived right now due to since December 19th I have had very bad insomnia.... because the grief and the loss and the weight of my situation including teenage angst just keeps me from sleeping and makes my mind wander....

"I carried the weight... in the only way I knew..." (Senses Fail - Carry the Weight)

Luca by Brand New has been stuck in my head all morning....

School is flying by... I just want to go home... sigh...

I am very sure I have strep or the norovirus thats been spreading around Cincinnati... Im probably going to the nurse to see if I have a temperature (probably dont cause I almost never get temperatures when I am sick...)

"Luca"

When I disappear, do you fear for the sister I took?
When I disappear, it is clear I am up to no good
I am drearily blunt, letting this bed wetting cosmonaut
"Son, the last thing you'll realize
you need is what you've already got"

So touch me or don't
Just let me know
Where you've been

So drop me a line with a hook and some raw bleeding bait
(one, two, three, four)
For I am uncaught and still swimming alone in the lake
(five, six, seven, eight)
Shimmering under a moon made in anger and angst
Shimmering like a penny out of reach in the subway grate
(Shimmering like a coin kept safe away,
you'll never listen to anything)

So touch me or don't
Just let me know
Where you've been

We could leave it alone,
I'm sure there's someone who knows
Where you've been

You never worked well with our group
Not with the faults we found
So we fixed you with cement galoshes
No one can save you now
Unless you have friends among fish
There'll still be no air to breathe
You could drink up the entire ocean
I'll still find someone to be everything we know that you'll never be

So touch me or don't
Just let me know
Where you've been

Or we could leave it alone
Where you've been
https://youtu.be/J3K-2Sfzs6w

Written By: 80sfan on 01/30/17 at 12:15 pm

You really get where I am coming from and I appreciate it...

1022 am...

At high school....

3 hours of sleep last night....

More and more I think everyday.... and I guess.... that helps me in a way.... to try and continue on.

Sleep deprived right now due to since December 19th I have had very bad insomnia.... because the grief and the loss and the weight of my situation including teenage angst just keeps me from sleeping and makes my mind wander....

"I carried the weight... in the only way I knew..." (Senses Fail - Carry the Weight)

Luca by Brand New has been stuck in my head all morning....

School is flying by... I just want to go home... sigh...

I am very sure I have strep or the norovirus thats been spreading around Cincinnati... Im probably going to the nurse to see if I have a temperature (probably dont cause I almost never get temperatures when I am sick...)

"Luca"

When I disappear, do you fear for the sister I took?
When I disappear, it is clear I am up to no good
I am drearily blunt, letting this bed wetting cosmonaut
"Son, the last thing you'll realize
you need is what you've already got"

So touch me or don't
Just let me know
Where you've been

So drop me a line with a hook and some raw bleeding bait
(one, two, three, four)
For I am uncaught and still swimming alone in the lake
(five, six, seven, eight)
Shimmering under a moon made in anger and angst
Shimmering like a penny out of reach in the subway grate
(Shimmering like a coin kept safe away,
you'll never listen to anything)

So touch me or don't
Just let me know
Where you've been

We could leave it alone,
Where you've been

You never worked well with our group
Not with the faults we found
So we fixed you with cement galoshes
No one can save you now
Unless you have friends among fish
There'll still be no air to breathe
You could drink up the entire ocean
I'll still find someone to be everything we know that you'll never be

So touch me or don't
Just let me know
Where you've been

Or we could leave it alone
Where you've been
https://youtu.be/J3K-2Sfzs6w

The more I grow up, the more I realize everyone's been betrayed, or hurt, in one way, or another. Sometimes you're even betrayed by your own family members. It happened to me. You think some people are going to stand by you through hard times, then you find out they leave when things don't go their way.

It's cruel, but it also teaches you to hang on to yourself, and maybe God, if you believe in him. It's like life teaches you that, "You're your own savior."

0IA3ZvCkRkQ

Written By: annimal on 01/30/17 at 12:56 pm

Cant just stand there and cry about your problems.  Try looking at them in a positive way.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/17 at 2:46 pm

I was nursing a bad knee all week last week.  One thing I don't want is a knee replacement because I'm far too young to have that type of operation. 8-P

Hope you feel better.

Written By: annimal on 01/30/17 at 5:06 pm

I'm praying to God right now that he helps me find a job.  I need something like a job 

Written By: annimal on 01/30/17 at 8:48 pm

Thank you God

Written By: 80sfan on 01/30/17 at 10:28 pm

I'm praying to God right now that he helps me find a job.  I need something like a job

Here's some good luck karma for that!  8)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/31/17 at 9:04 am

The more I grow up, the more I realize everyone's been betrayed, or hurt, in one way, or another. Sometimes you're even betrayed by your own family members. It happened to me. You think some people are going to stand by you through hard times, then you find out they leave when things don't go their way.

It's cruel, but it also teaches you to hang on to yourself, and maybe God, if you believe in him. It's like life teaches you that, "You're your own savior."

0IA3ZvCkRkQ

Thanks for the advice.... I am a believer in God.... and I think I guess he is there somehow....

The hero lies in you....

Usually a cheesy song for me but I guess it has more of a better flow for me.

Cant just stand there and cry about your problems.  Try looking at them in a positive way.

I wish I could.... it is really hard to look at it in a positive way...

10:00 am EDt

Got a bit more of sleep last night than I did the night before that.... around 5 hours which is pretty good in my book... woke up feeling a lot less tired.

Hopefully I feel better soon.... gonna be a while...

Written By: annimal on 01/31/17 at 11:41 am

I think we got to take action for ourselves. God is not going to do everything for us. 

People are people and they make their decisions.  All we can control is ourselves. 

Written By: annimal on 01/31/17 at 12:23 pm

I'm looking at going back to college and seeing if these service people can provide service there like they should be able to.  I thought about horticulture
then my mom said I tried that before I went deaf.  What does that mean? I cant try doing something I enjoy again?

Written By: Howard on 01/31/17 at 2:44 pm

I think we got to take action for ourselves. God is not going to do everything for us. 

People are people and they make their decisions.  All we can control is ourselves.

That's right.

Written By: annimal on 01/31/17 at 4:24 pm

the only other type of class I my want to try is maybe something with computer art.  Maybe I'll learn some things I can do on the computer.

Written By: nally on 01/31/17 at 8:11 pm

the only other type of class I my want to try is maybe something with computer art.  Maybe I'll learn some things I can do on the computer.

That might be a good idea for ya.

Similarly, three years ago I began an accounting course that helped strengthen my math skills, as well as develop new skills that are applicable to a job. And now I am in a job that involves such skills. :) (In fact, earlier this month I completed one full year there!)

Written By: Ripley on 01/31/17 at 8:58 pm

Also, that guy I liked. Well I have absolutely no desire to date him anymore. He's a s**t. He's been sleeping around. I admit I was a player back in the day but while doing so I never tried to be in a relationship or act like I like someone. I was always honest and said it's just about that one thing and yeah some of them became friends. But the guy I liked acted affectionate toward me. That's not a good thing to do when you like to get around. He didn't hurt me bad, not til he started ditching me as a friend. He goes hours, days ignoring me. When confronted he told me he's been busy, which I know for a fact is a lie... I don't need that drama in my life so in the words of *N'SYNC "Bye Bye Bye".

Written By: annimal on 01/31/17 at 9:59 pm

^^ I probably wont have to worry about not hearing so much if I'm on a computer.

Written By: karen on 02/01/17 at 3:18 am

Came home from work at lunch time yesterday as I was just sneezing all the time.  Decided not to go in today either.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/02/17 at 1:07 pm

Also, that guy I liked. Well I have absolutely no desire to date him anymore. He's a s**t. He's been sleeping around. I admit I was a player back in the day but while doing so I never tried to be in a relationship or act like I like someone. I was always honest and said it's just about that one thing and yeah some of them became friends. But the guy I liked acted affectionate toward me. That's not a good thing to do when you like to get around. Also, I tried to be his friend. I'm not going to ditch him over it. That would make me a hypocrite. I accept people who live that lifestyle as long as they don't hurt others in the process. He didn't hurt me bad, not til he started ditching me as a friend. He goes hours, days ignoring me. When confronted he told me he's been busy, which I know for a fact is a lie... I don't need that drama in my life so in the words of *N'SYNC "Bye Bye Bye".

I wouldn't EVER date someone who can't stay in a committed relationship with me.  That's like saying your relationship is "opened" and when that happens you should close the door.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/17 at 3:13 pm

I wouldn't EVER date someone who can't stay in a committed relationship with me.  That's like saying your relationship is "opened" and when that happens you should close the door.

I also don't like when a girl goes behind my back and goes speed dating while Her And I are still in a relationship.

Check for new replies or respond here...