inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most favorite to least favorite months of the year

Written By: 80sfan on 01/06/17 at 1:54 am

From January to December, how do you rank the twelve months of the year.

1 being the highest on your list, 12 being your least favorite.

Subject: Re: Most favorite to least favorite months of the year

Written By: Ripley on 02/01/17 at 3:51 am

Great
1. April
2 October
Moderate
3 June
4. May
5. September
6. March
Worst
7. November
8. February
9. December
10. January
11. July
12. August

April is my favorite! Perfect temps and thunderstorms. October is second on my list cause it's Halloween month and leaves. Those Moderate are there for the purpose that while they're not my favorites, the temps are okay at least. As for the worsts, too hot or icey and cold.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/17 at 4:25 am

Every month is great when you are blessed with life.

Written By: 2001 on 02/01/17 at 4:08 pm

1. July
2. August
3. June
4. May
5. April
6. September
7. October
8. February
9. December
10. November
11. March
12. January

Summer ftw. Spring is second because summer is getting closer LOL. Then fall because it's still somewhat warm. Then... winter. I put February and December on top because of my birthday and the holidays respectively.

Written By: Redhairkid on 02/07/17 at 4:36 pm

I've never really thought about it. But my favourite month is December because of Christmas and my least favourite is January because it's all so flat and lifeless after the festive fun and also there's the forthcoming act of having to go through the entire year all over again. I don't like August because it is the main school holiday and there are too many children around (don't like children).

Written By: 80sfan on 02/07/17 at 5:43 pm

Greatness: Octobruary
Piece of poo: Febroolewry-ary!  >:(  >:(

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/08/17 at 7:33 am

Favorite months
October
August
July
April
September
May
November
June
March
February
January
December

October is almost always a fantastic month for me.... October 2016 was the best month of my life honestly.... October 2015 was really challenging and one of the few excpetions.... October 2014 was great.... October 2013 was eh... October 2012 was great... October 2011 was good... October 2010 was great.... man so many great months usually.  while bad things always seem to happen to me in December.... as they have in the past three years in a row. Only good thing I can think of is December 2013 when my parents got back together.

Im always a fan of late summer into early fall....

December - February is almost always a depressing time in my life.....

Written By: 80sfan on 02/08/17 at 9:06 am

Favorite months
October
August
July
April
September
May
November
June
March
February
January
December

October is almost always a fantastic month for me.... October 2016 was the best month of my life honestly.... October 2015 was really challenging and one of the few excpetions.... October 2014 was great.... October 2013 was eh... October 2012 was great... October 2011 was good... October 2010 was great.... man so many great months usually.  while bad things always seem to happen to me in December.... as they have in the past three years in a row. Only good thing I can think of is December 2013 when my parents got back together.

Im always a fan of late summer into early fall....

December - February is almost always a depressing time in my life.....

Honestly, January and February can bring out situational depression. There's little to no sun. Yesterday I just had a verbal disagreement over something stupid with my brother. Darn lack of sunlight!

Written By: Redhairkid on 02/08/17 at 10:31 am

October and July aren't very nice. My mother died in October 2012 and my father in July 2005.

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/17 at 5:09 pm

An interesting thread. I've never really thought about it until now. It depends on whether you want to go by static weather conditions or not. This means you may like a month based on what you expect the weather to be during that time and not what it often is. I say this because the weather is usually pretty screwy in the UK as we sometimes get our heatwaves in May and then it rains all the way through August. Where I used to live in Wolverhampton it snowed a few times in April.

From best to worst (probably)...

1. November
2. October
3. July
4. August
5. December
6. September
7. June
8. March
9. January
10. May
11. April
12. February

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/11/17 at 5:19 pm

Based on weather (bear in mind my weather is arse-about  :D  to nearly all of you as I am based in the Great Southern Land...)  :D :

1. July
2. June
3. August
4. September

Ranking 1 to 4 because these are the only months of the year when the weather isn't unpleasant - by that I mean it gets quite hot here and the humidity is usually quite high as well  8-P.

5. May
6. April
7. October
8. March
9. November
10. December
11. February  (in the middle of a heatwave right now, today is predicted to be 102.2 of your old-fashioned degrees)  ;D
12. January

Synopsis: FBVP detests summer  ;)  Refer to my avatar  ::)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/11/17 at 5:29 pm

in the UK as we sometimes get our heatwaves in May

I know it's all relative Bobby, but I will trade you my heatwave for your heatwave  :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/17 at 5:35 pm

I know it's all relative Bobby, but I will trade you my heatwave for your heatwave  :)

We in the UK do get the high humidity factor with our heat too but, you are absolutely right, I'm very sure you would pray for a 'heatwave' like ours. Honestly, if the weather gets above 15 degrees over here you see some blokes walk around with their tops off.  ::) :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/11/17 at 5:40 pm

We in the UK do get the high humidity factor with our heat too but, you are absolutely right, I'm very sure you would pray for a 'heatwave' like ours. Honestly, if the weather gets above 15 degrees over here you see some blokes walk around with their tops off.  ::) :)

It works both ways Bobby, I was in London in April 1982 and the wind was whistling down Kensingston High Street - I was wearing three jumpers and was still cold - all the locals were wandering aroind in short sleeves  :P

Written By: annimal on 02/11/17 at 6:35 pm

120 weather in August    Happy roastday to me    anyone want to trade?

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/17 at 6:40 pm

It works both ways Bobby, I was in London in April 1982 and the wind was whistling down Kensingston High Street - I was wearing three jumpers and was still cold - all the locals were wandering aroind in short sleeves  :P

Heh heh, yes call it conditioning I guess. It doesn't really matter because even when the weather is right for us we'll still moan about it, lol.

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/17 at 6:41 pm

120 weather in August    Happy roastday to me    anyone want to trade?

Wow! Whereabouts do you live, annimal?

Written By: annimal on 02/11/17 at 6:43 pm

Modesto and it's in central CA

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/17 at 6:53 pm

Modesto and it's in central CA

Amazing. I would love a bit of that. A friend of mine from Seville in Spain told me that it got so hot there you could fry eggs on the pavement. I'm not sure whether that's been tested but there you go.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/17 at 8:12 pm

Amazing. I would love a bit of that. A friend of mine from Seville in Spain told me that it got so hot there you could fry eggs on the pavement. I'm not sure whether that's been tested but there you go.
Clean the pavements first?

Written By: annimal on 02/12/17 at 9:51 pm

before you get to a 120 you have to go through a few months of 100

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/04/17 at 6:52 pm

From best to worst:

December :)
February
January
March
November
April
October
May
July
June
August
September 8-P

Written By: happyflower20 on 09/14/17 at 5:40 pm

decmber cuz christmas!!
july and august cuz summer!
march cuz my birthday!!!!!!
october cuz halloween
november,june,april,january,may, febuary,september cuz back to school D;

Written By: graciee on 09/15/17 at 9:12 pm

December
October
July
June
August
November
September
March
May
January
April
February

Written By: 2001 on 11/06/18 at 1:14 pm

1. July
2. August
3. June
4. May
5. April
6. September
7. October
8. February
9. December
10. November
11. March
12. January

Summer ftw. Spring is second because summer is getting closer LOL. Then fall because it's still somewhat warm. Then... winter. I put February and December on top because of my birthday and the holidays respectively.

Fffff this list reminds me I have a long road of misery to get through!

I want to knock April down below October, but that might be because we had an exceptionally bad April this year. But definitely below September.

Also put June above August since it is sunnier and its mostly spring rather than the dog days of summer.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 11/06/18 at 1:40 pm

January-June > July - December

Any year is pretty much over once you get to July. Take for example, the year 1988. Shortly after the 30th of June in ‘88, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures were in stores and Yo!MTV Raps was on TV. That is when we could say the late 80s started feeling more like the early 90s. You can also look at what happened after the 30th of June in 1991 and say something similar to that. The world was given The Ren and Stimpy Show and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Grohlvana (Nirvana during their Dave Grohl days) in the following months of 1991 from June of that year. That is when the early 90s were sliding towards being more like the mid 90s. Both 1988 and 1991 are best remembered for what happened in the months prior to July in those years and not what occurred afterwards.

Written By: 2001 on 11/06/18 at 1:44 pm

January-June > July - December

Any year is pretty much over once you get to July. Take for example, the year 1988. Shortly after the 30th of June in ‘88, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures were in stores and Yo!MTV Raps was on TV. That is when we could say the late 80s started feeling more like the early 90s. You can also look at what happened after the 30th of June in 1991 and say something similar to that. The world was given The Ren and Stimpy Show and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Grohlvana (Nirvana during their Dave Grohl days) in the following months of 1991 from June of that year. That is when the early 90s were sliding towards being more like the mid 90s. Both 1988 and 1991 are best remembered for what happened in the months prior to July in those years and not what occurred afterwards.

July - December actually has more days than January-June. 184 days vs 181.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 11/06/18 at 3:08 pm

July - December actually has more days than January-June. 184 days vs 181.

That is very true, but what I said remains true objectively also.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 12/06/18 at 4:13 pm

Greatness: Octobruary
Piece of poo: Febroolewry-ary!  >:(  >:(

I believe those months are in Sir Billzy's calendar, not yours.

Check for new replies or respond here...