inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dream Jobs

Written By: Ripley on 02/01/17 at 5:16 am

It's self-explanetory kids  8)

Most people know I'm a writer and have been seen I was young. While being a songwriter or screenwriter sounds great, they're not my #1. My dream since I was 10 years old was to be a Radio DJ. I would record myself interviewing my relatives and pretending to talk to celebrities. I'd both record songs off the actual radio and tape or CD. And I'd talk into my mic as if I was over the air and had an audience. I'd put it on cassettes and if I'm not mistaken my sister has some of them mixed in with her *N'Sync ones. I don't know what happened to the others. But the music I would broadcast was R&B. That was and is my favorite genre of the 90's. The same decade where I was playing DJ in my bedroom. It's unfortunate that not many stations cater to 90's and 80's, even early 2000's music. So I'd likely go online instead of FM. FM being the original dream. There is this one FM station in Las Vegas though that plays Old School Jamz.

What are everybody else's dream jobs?

Subject: Re: Dream Jobs

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/17 at 7:15 am

My dream job would be working for some magazine or newspaper as a restaurant critic. They would pay for my meals plus... and I would write something up about the meal. The only problem with that job is that I would NEVER lose weight.  ;D ;D ;D

It's self-explanetory kids  8)

Most people know I'm a writer and have been seen I was young. While being a songwriter or screenwriter sounds great, they're not my #1. My dream since I was 10 years old was to be a Radio DJ. I would record myself interviewing my relatives and pretending to talk to celebrities. I'd both record songs off the actual radio and tape or CD. And I'd talk into my mic as if I was over the air and had an audience. I'd put it on cassettes and if I'm not mistaken my sister has some of them mixed in with her *N'Sync ones. I don't know what happened to the others. But the music I would broadcast was R&B. That was and is my favorite genre of the 90's. The same decade where I was playing DJ in my bedroom. It's unfortunate that not many stations cater to 90's and 80's, even early 2000's music. So I'd likely go online instead of FM. FM being the original dream. There is this one FM station in Las Vegas though that plays Old School Jamz.

What are everybody else's dream jobs?

I did that, too when I was a kid. I think I might still have those old cassettes around somewhere. I made a really lousy DJ. lol.

Cat

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/01/17 at 4:13 pm

To be an artist, comedian and PC engineering. :)

Written By: 2001 on 02/01/17 at 4:14 pm

I kind of have my dream job, or at least a job I really like.... data scientist/engineer.  :-X I just really love numbers.

I want to run my own business though, to build something lasting. I love programming but I want to do something more philanthropic with it. I don't know what that thing is yet; for now I'll contribute to open-source projects.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/01/17 at 5:42 pm

One could say that I have been working in my dream job. After all I've built things that went to space on the shuttle,
I've worked on aircraft carriers, Had pictures of my work published in 2 books and 4 magazines and had Hillary Clinton
compliment my work. But.........

I took drum lessons as a teen which turned into piano theory. I loved playing the drums but being the extreme introvert
that I am, being on stage probably wouldn't have been a good idea. My dream job: I wanted to transcribe music. I really
liked being able to listen to music and put the notes to paper.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/01/17 at 6:20 pm

Easy, a published writer.

In second place, a comedian.

And in third place, an office job with paper work I can stand.

8)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/01/17 at 6:22 pm

One could say that I have been working in my dream job. After all I've built things that went to space on the shuttle,
I've worked on aircraft carriers, Had pictures of my work published in 2 books and 4 magazines and had Hillary Clinton

I took drum lessons as a teen which turned into piano theory. I loved playing the drums but being the extreme introvert
that I am, being on stage probably wouldn't have been a good idea. My dream job: I wanted to transcribe music. I really
liked being able to listen to music and putting the notes to paper.

You're lucky. You were probably a better person than me in the previous life. My karma is slow and stagnate as heck. Who knows? Maybe I'm a reckless baby soul!  :D

Written By: Ripley on 02/01/17 at 10:33 pm

My dream job would be working for some magazine or newspaper as a restaurant critic. They would pay for my meals plus... and I would write something up about the meal. The only problem with that job is that I would NEVER lose weight.  ;D ;D ;D

I did that, too when I was a kid. I think I might still have those old cassettes around somewhere. I made a really lousy DJ. lol.

Cat

Free food!
I want to listen to my old tapes!

Written By: annimal on 02/01/17 at 10:51 pm

I'm trying to remember if I really ever had a dream job.  I've always liked to sing songs and stuff. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/17 at 7:55 am

liked being able to listen to music and putting the notes to paper.

I have been looking for sheet music to a piece of music that I want to play on my recorder. Would you be willing to transcribe it for me? I just want the melody-not any of the accompaniment.

Free food!
I want to listen to my old tapes!

No you don't. If memory serves, it was pretty awful. I'm not even too sure where that tape is today (there was only 1).

I used to say that there were two things I wanted to be when I grew up. I want to be rich and be my own boss. In a sense I am that. Rich is relative. On paper, it doesn't look like much but our cost of living is on the low side so we have a lot of disposal income to do stuff. Ok, so we can't buy a billion dollar mansion-but our little mansion looks like a billion dollars even though we didn't spend even a fraction of that on it. And since we both are retired, we are our own bosses and do whatever we want, whenever we want. So, I am basically living my dream.

Cat

Written By: Redhairkid on 02/02/17 at 1:22 pm

Personal assistant to my avatar! Failing that, songwriter or record producer.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/17 at 3:07 pm

A food connoisseur.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/06/17 at 5:49 pm

I have been looking for sheet music to a piece of music that I want to play on my recorder. Would you be willing to transcribe it for me? I just want the melody-not any of the accompaniment.

Cat

I'd love to Cat but I doubt that I would be of any use to you, after all I haven't done anything like it in 30 years.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man,
I put away childish things. ( I've always wanted to use that verse.) Anyway, when my second child was born I put
all my music things away because I didn't see a future in it. I haven't touched it since.

Just a question though, is it a piece that is already written or something that you have written yourself?

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/17 at 1:39 pm

Hmmmmmm....I would love to be a cartoonist or a cartoon animator. That would suit me down to the ground!  :D

Written By: Howard on 02/11/17 at 4:36 pm

Hmmmmmm....I would love to be a cartoonist or a cartoon animator. That would suit me down to the ground!  :D

How about a professional wrestler?

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/17 at 4:54 pm

How about a professional wrestler?

Heh heh, I would love to but life on the road as a professional wrestler is tough. You really have to want to be a wrestler and I don't want it that bad.

What about yourself, Howard? What would be your ideal job?

Written By: Ripley on 02/11/17 at 11:06 pm

That would be fun!

Written By: Ripley on 02/11/17 at 11:12 pm

Heh heh, I would love to but life on the road as a professional wrestler is tough. You really have to want to be a wrestler and I don't want it that bad.

I could imagine being the spouse of one, not seeing your spouse much. I remember watching WCW a lot. I watched Wrestling from the time I was little, possibly 1990, until 2004. But from 1999 to 2001 I was big fan of WCW. Anyway, I remember watching interviews and different ones would say how hard it is emotionally. Both wrestlers and their wives. On a side note, the Big Show is from my town. Rather a small town West of here. But still a part of our Metro area. He left here for college though. He has returned to see family ovcourse. And he has stopped by my mom's old restaurant before. Nice guy. Wish I could have met him. Also, the country singer Vince Gill. He went there several times. But he's not from here.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/17 at 3:38 pm

I don't really have an ideal job.

Check for new replies or respond here...