inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Now it is All About April!

Written By: nally on 04/01/17 at 12:30 am

The year is flying by; we are now entering the month of April 2017! Can you believe it?

I hope it is a good month for us all. :)

Here is our new monthly thread. White rabbits!

Subject: Re: Now it is All About April!

Written By: annimal on 04/01/17 at 12:35 am

not yet

Written By: nally on 04/01/17 at 12:37 am

^ Yes, but in some time zones it already is.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/17 at 5:25 am

The year is flying by; we are now entering the month of April 2017! Can you believe it?

I hope it is a good month for us all. :)

Here is our new monthly thread. White rabbits!

Already the 4th month, it's unbelievable. :o

Written By: annimal on 04/01/17 at 10:31 am

^ Yes, but in some time zones it already is.

yup  ( as I eat another hamburger)

Written By: Ripley on 04/01/17 at 11:49 am

White Rabbit! 🐇🐰

Written By: Ripley on 04/01/17 at 11:52 am

I'm off the weekend! Yay! Going to relax today and see my Grandma tomorrow. Hopefully we'll go out to eat. Years back we would go and get her every Monday and we would have a long shopping day, with a scheduled list of places to go as well as eat lunch. Back then it was usually Long John Silvers where we ate. That was our place lol I miss those days. Now we just take her to run a couple errands so it takes only a couple hours. But any who, tomorrow will still be nice.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/01/17 at 12:12 pm

I'm  seriously waiting for one of the board admistrators to turn the emoticons upside down so I can say "who the hell did that?"?  ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/01/17 at 12:20 pm

It's surprising that we have April Fools on a Saturday. Usually, it's on a weekday where everybody just does jokes to other people. Although, I don't think it's taken as a special day anymore.

Written By: nally on 04/01/17 at 12:35 pm

It's surprising that we have April Fools on a Saturday. Usually, it's on a weekday where everybody just does jokes to other people. Although, I don't think it's taken as a special day anymore.

Well, the last time it fell on a Saturday was in 2006, and the next time will be in 2023. (This is due in part to leap years kicking in. In fact you can probably read more at the website timeanddate.com.)

Written By: annimal on 04/01/17 at 12:59 pm

well it wasn't l windy so I had to go out and plant my seeds.  Not muck important to do today.  This lady bug shirt and baggy pants are the clothes I'm planning to wear when I do my intro thing.  The pic was taken from my camera.  Getting use to my camera so I can try recording my stuff myself maybe before I get some kind of job and possibly end up going nuts.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/01/17 at 1:14 pm

Well, the last time it fell on a Saturday was in 2006, and the next time will be in 2023. (This is due in part to leap years kicking in. In fact you can probably read more at the website timeanddate.com.)

Damn. That felt like a long time ago then (to me at least). It makes sense since we had three leap years after 2006.

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/17 at 3:08 pm

I'm  seriously waiting for one of the board admistrators to turn the emoticons upside down so I can say "who the hell did that?"?  ;D

I hated those! They made me dizzy ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 04/01/17 at 3:20 pm

My mental health is getting so good that it will be only four and a half months until I feel mentally balanced/sane enough to get a life!  :-X  :-X  :-X

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/17 at 3:23 pm

My mental health is getting so good that it will be only four and a half months until I feel mentally balanced/sane enough to get a life!  :-X  :-X  :-X

P0ZjOLJyL9k

Written By: 80sfan on 04/01/17 at 3:27 pm

P0ZjOLJyL9k

The song would have made my mental psychosis at 16 worse! :.ducks:.
Nice, happy, song, though! I prefer Soda Pop by the princess, Britney Spears!

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/17 at 3:36 pm

The song would have made my mental psychosis at 16 worse! :.ducks:.
Nice, happy, song, though! I prefer Soda Pop by the princess, Britney Spears!

That's not an encouragement song though.  :-X

Written By: 80sfan on 04/01/17 at 3:50 pm

That's not an encouragement song though.  :-X

Nothing like that hot edged fizzle soda pop to wash down all that anxiety and OCDness!  8)

Written By: karen on 04/01/17 at 4:05 pm

Three weeks holiday from work/school for Easter.

Today we were doing some orienteering coaching in a city park in Lincoln. Tomorrow James will try and get his black belt in karate.

Next week James is on a school trip to Sicily. Elizabeth will be revising for her exams and I will be doing some housework and taking my dad to look at a couple of bungalows. He has decided his house is too big for him now.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/17 at 4:37 pm

I'm off the weekend! Yay! Going to relax today and see my Grandma tomorrow. Hopefully we'll go out to eat. Years back we would go and get her every Monday and we would have a long shopping day, with a scheduled list of places to go as well as eat lunch. Back then it was usually Long John Silvers where we ate. That was our place lol I miss those days. Now we just take her to run a couple errands so it takes only a couple hours. But any who, tomorrow will still be nice.

enjoy the day with your Grandmother. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/01/17 at 5:07 pm

today has kind of turned into try to get some important stuff done so you're not spending all day tomorrow doing it. 

Written By: nally on 04/01/17 at 7:29 pm

Yes, enjoy the day!  Have fun with whatever you end up doing. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/01/17 at 7:33 pm

got my phone stuff done, dance exercised, and Subway will be coming soon for dinner.  I'll have to try the makeup again someday.  I had even spent some time plucking my eyebrows a little and that's probably one reason my wrists have been feeling sore.  That little blue hat I got on actually looks like trash, but will work for a short video without closeups.  It's heafy though and needs some fixing, then I'm gonna video.  Soon as I can get the wolf jaw wearable,  I'm gonna video it.

Written By: annimal on 04/01/17 at 9:07 pm

My music teacher got the contract!  music class on Monday need to find the ins notes on my harmonica

Written By: 80sfan on 04/01/17 at 10:21 pm

got my phone stuff done, dance exercised, and Subway will be coming soon for dinner.  I'll have to try the makeup again someday.  I had even spent some time plucking my eyebrows a little and that's probably one reason my wrists have been feeling sore.  That little blue hat I got on actually looks like trash, but will work for a short video without closeups.  It's heafy though and needs some fixing, then I'm gonna video.  Soon as I can get the wolf jaw wearable,  I'm gonna video it.

I'm glad things, and doors, are opening up for you.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/01/17 at 10:30 pm

My music teacher got the contract!  music class on Monday need to find the ins notes on my harmonica

I used to take violin lessons.  :o

Written By: Ripley on 04/01/17 at 10:33 pm

Thanks  :)

Written By: Ripley on 04/01/17 at 10:33 pm

Yes, enjoy the day!  Have fun with whatever you end up doing. :)

Thank you!

Written By: annimal on 04/02/17 at 10:20 am

I used to take violin lessons.  :o

this is a class for cancer survivors and ukalally strumming is basically done.  I and one other guy bring our harmonicas and my dad brings his guitar to help out.  I never could remember what spot I need to hold on the guitar and which thread to pic. 

Written By: 80sfan on 04/02/17 at 10:46 am

this is a class for cancer survivors and ukalally strumming is basically done.  I and one other guy bring our harmonicas and my dad brings his guitar to help out.  I never could remember what spot I need to hold on the guitar and which thread to pic.

I tried the guitar once, my fingers then hurt!  ;D

Written By: annimal on 04/02/17 at 3:15 pm

It doesn't seem to be a real happy day to me, but I notice I'm getting sad after a good thought.  I'm  going to do the best to record my 2 or 3 videos next week.  If they're sheesh hey a least I tried.  " Ann you don"t know how to get then ready for Youtube"

gust got called for lunch. 

Written By: annimal on 04/02/17 at 4:14 pm

I got all the stuff for change it black so talk me into it.  Interesting that I had talked with the music teacher a few days ago when he didn't have the contract.  Kind of asked him if he or he knew someone could be a camera man.  Maybe I go now and set up

Written By: Ripley on 04/02/17 at 4:24 pm

We didn't do much, just ate lunch. But it was nice.

Written By: Howard on 04/02/17 at 4:32 pm

We didn't do much, just ate lunch. But it was nice.

and went home for cake?  :)

Written By: Ripley on 04/02/17 at 6:26 pm

and went home for cake?  :)

Oh I haven't talked about it yet have I? Well were not eating desserts for now. In fact, the only sugary thing we eat is a candy bar and a couple times a week. Were really trying to watch what we eat. My mom has to count carbs and is limited due to type 2 diabetes. I'm trying the diet now. It has really helped her to lose a lot of weight. I still eat a little more than I should as far as carbs but I'm trying to do a little cutting at a time. So gradually. To the point where I eat barely any carbs. So eventually it will be an even more strict diet than my mom's. Also I'm replacing foods with others and not eating past 8 at night. I only drink diet soda and not as much as before. All I drink besides that is water. So it sucks not having cake but it will be worth it to lose weight and be healthy. Now I need to get more into dancing. I did almost everyday before but I'm trying to do it at least twice a week. And also walk my dog more. By the way, I dance good and all but refuse to dance in public cause I don't like having attention on me.

Written By: annimal on 04/03/17 at 4:31 pm

well I've been trying to video, but it hasn't worked out good yet.  My music teacher has decided that we are going to have a get together  music party tonight.

Written By: nally on 04/03/17 at 10:59 pm

I tried the guitar once, my fingers then hurt!  ;D

I only tried playing it once in my life, I think.

Written By: nally on 04/04/17 at 5:56 pm

Busy day at work for me today. I still enjoy my job even though it's part time. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/04/17 at 7:41 pm

slow video progress, but am making some.  There was cake at music class last night and I ate enough  along with some cantaloupe.  Not much else to say right now.   

Written By: 80sfan on 04/04/17 at 10:05 pm

slow video progress, but am making some.  There was cake at music class last night and I ate enough  along with some cantaloupe.  Not much else to say right now. 

Is it a funny video??  ???

Written By: 80sfan on 04/04/17 at 10:15 pm

I only tried playing it once in my life, I think.

My father played the guitar and I got curious.  8)

Written By: annimal on 04/04/17 at 10:56 pm

Is it a funny video??  ???

it's not a funny video because it's not put together yet

Written By: 80sfan on 04/04/17 at 11:29 pm

it's not a funny video because it's not put together yet

Okay.

Written By: nally on 04/05/17 at 12:46 pm

My father played the guitar and I got curious.  8)

that's great; I have occasionally been curious about it too.

Written By: annimal on 04/05/17 at 3:42 pm

Something has got me thinking about doing something in which I cant fit through the door

Written By: nally on 04/05/17 at 5:44 pm

I might be going out in a little while... but only for an hour or so. (I was invited to an event on FB, happening fairly close to me, so perhaps I'll go to it.) :)

Written By: nally on 04/06/17 at 7:25 pm

I might be going out in a little while... but only for an hour or so. (I was invited to an event on FB, happening fairly close to me, so perhaps I'll go to it.) :)

I actually went to this event, and stayed for an hour and a half. This bookkeeping company that I found out about through networking, was celebrating 5 years in business, and they were having a celebration there last night. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/07/17 at 10:33 am

started raining again this morning.  I'd like to see a little sun in between and if some more of the flowers I planted come up.

Need some kind of glove or something to pad my fingers and some kind of wrist support  or maybe better yet just something up my whole arm.

It's psy day  nothing to say this week.

Written By: nally on 04/07/17 at 12:23 pm

^ No rain in southern Cal right now...although there might be some of it tomorrow morning.

Written By: annimal on 04/07/17 at 1:53 pm

there's usually only one or two days of rain around here and it would be 80 up here already if not more.

Well my snow gloves are too big for me to type with.  I'll have to try my tight gloves for letting lotion soak i my hands.  Not much room for a pad.  Guess I'll just have to tape dice to the arrow keys if I play in the arcade

Written By: Ripley on 04/07/17 at 8:39 pm

I just ended a toxic friendship and I have no regrets 😊Jeff, you might have seen my post on fb. This person was just so negative.

Written By: nally on 04/07/17 at 10:32 pm

I just ended a toxic friendship and I have no regrets 😊Jeff, you might have seen my post on fb. This person was just so negative.

Actually I haven't seen it yet, but I probably will next time I log on. Sorry you had to go through this. :-\\

Written By: Ripley on 04/07/17 at 11:43 pm

Thanks. I still have great friends :)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/07/17 at 11:45 pm

Sometimes that happens in life.  :(

Written By: Howard on 04/08/17 at 5:25 am

Who ended it first? ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/08/17 at 1:17 pm

I ended several toxic relationships with people that I had just met and it turned out to be the best thing I ever did.  I also try not to let toxic people into my life on Facebook.  I just hate the idea of anybody else's toxicity rubbing off on me.  Not that what somebody else thinks really matters to me in any way.

Written By: annimal on 04/08/17 at 3:09 pm

sounds like I'm glad I never joined any of these places and stuck with writing parodies.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/08/17 at 3:12 pm

sounds like I'm glad I never joined any of these places and stuck with writing parodies.

Parodied my parrot!  :o

Written By: annimal on 04/08/17 at 3:16 pm

No, I washed his mouth out with soap

Written By: 80sfan on 04/08/17 at 3:21 pm

No, I washed his mouth out with soap

The parrot obeys me!  8)  8)  :D

Written By: annimal on 04/08/17 at 3:27 pm

bu all that talking back

Written By: Howard on 04/08/17 at 5:38 pm

I ended several toxic relationships with people that I had just met and it turned out to be the best thing I ever did.  I also try not to let toxic people into my life on Facebook.  I just hate the idea of anybody else's toxicity rubbing off on me.  Not that what somebody else thinks really matters to me in any way.

I got rid of a toxic friend in general and it was the best thing that I've ever did mentally and physically. :)

Written By: nally on 04/08/17 at 6:52 pm

I got rid of a toxic friend in general and it was the best thing that I've ever did mentally and physically. :)

I can't think of any actual friends in my life who've been "toxic", per se. I'd probably know if they were.

Written By: nally on 04/08/17 at 6:53 pm

Anyways, today I went to the library to do some volunteering; I've been a volunteer there for 4 1/2 years now. Then I came home and wanted to take a walk (to get some exercise), but it has just been too darn windy this afternoon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/17 at 8:32 pm

All is fine with me, and on borrowed Wi-Fi, still away from home, enjoying life elsewhere.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/08/17 at 8:53 pm

All is fine with me, and on borrowed Wi-Fi, still away from home, enjoying life elsewhere.

Yay.

Written By: Ripley on 04/08/17 at 11:58 pm

I really feel so much better

Written By: Ripley on 04/09/17 at 12:00 am

Facebook is the worst... Sometimes I wonder why I even get on it anymore.

Written By: Ripley on 04/09/17 at 12:05 am

So a bunch of people at work had a BBQ today. I wasn't invited but I don't care cause those idiots follow each other around all day, kiss the boss's ass and talk crap about other employees. I call them the A Club. But I'm not into social functions with people I hardly know anyway. Well half these people were scheduled and called in. If these absences get approved I'm reporting it to our home office. I know I'm ranting 😛 but people who don't do their jobs and then call in for a party are rude!

Written By: karen on 04/09/17 at 2:07 pm

We've had some lovely sunny days this week. Nice being off work. Think I might have got a bit sunburnt today while out orienteering.

Written By: Ripley on 04/09/17 at 2:19 pm

I'm having a lazy Sunday! I'm watching a bunch of Horror movies. I'm really looking forward to having a 3 day weekend. This coming Friday through Sunday. I only have to work 4 days to get there. An early shift and then 3 short shifts. Starting Thursday at 8 PM is my long weekend!

Written By: Howard on 04/09/17 at 2:38 pm

I can't think of any actual friends in my life who've been "toxic", per se. I'd probably know if they were.

This guy who I used to know was just a mental moron and I was so glad to get rid of him.

Written By: Howard on 04/09/17 at 2:38 pm

glad to hear that. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/09/17 at 4:23 pm

oh hi  my eyes seemed a little sore and I figured I'd been on my computer a little too long yesterday.  It's sunny today and I see a few lady bugs.  Cool, I have a lady bug garden.  Was planning another necklace, but keep changing my mind on the pattern.  Was also going to put a CD in my stereo and do some dancing.

Written By: nally on 04/09/17 at 8:46 pm

Thank you for updating us, Philip; I am so glad to hear you are fine. O0

Written By: nally on 04/09/17 at 8:47 pm

Facebook is the worst... Sometimes I wonder why I even get on it anymore.

I find it a good place; it is a great tool to communicate with those I know. Often times I even use the chat when I want to tell someone how I'm feeling.

Written By: nally on 04/09/17 at 8:55 pm

So today was my dad's birthday. He has had a nice day today, although we spent the morning at church because it was Sunday. Still, we went out for dinner later on and now we are back at home, relaxing.

Written By: Ripley on 04/09/17 at 10:33 pm

Happy Birthday to him!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/09/17 at 10:40 pm

I find it a good place; it is a great tool to communicate with those I know. Often times I even use the chat when I want to tell someone how I'm feeling.

I deleted my Facebook.  :(

It was for my mental health!

Written By: Howard on 04/10/17 at 5:41 am

So today was my dad's birthday. He has had a nice day today, although we spent the morning at church because it was Sunday. Still, we went out for dinner later on and now we are back at home, relaxing.

Happy Birthday to your Father. :)

Written By: nally on 04/10/17 at 1:32 pm

I deleted my Facebook.  :(

It was for my mental health!

You mean you actually cancelled your account? ??? Whatever your reasons, I respect your decision.

Written By: nally on 04/10/17 at 1:33 pm

Happy Birthday to him!

Happy Birthday to your Father. :)

Thank you both. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/10/17 at 1:47 pm

last night my mom found something nasty looking on her skin like a bug bite, so she is at the doctors to take care of that.  Time for me to find some lunch.

Written By: annimal on 04/10/17 at 3:32 pm

had lunch  mom is back

Written By: 80sfan on 04/10/17 at 3:37 pm

You mean you actually cancelled your account? ??? Whatever your reasons, I respect your decision.

Yeah, go check your Facebook and search my name, my name shouldn't show up.  :D

Yes, my account is cancelled.  :o

Written By: Ripley on 04/10/17 at 6:08 pm

Everyone should check out the changes on my profile. Some funny stuff! 😂

I've been off work for a couple hours but I was waiting on my mom cause she got off at 6. But it's nice outside. I'm going to take a nice shower, start the laundry and eat. Then I'm researching video stores as mentioned here: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55142.0

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/10/17 at 7:40 pm

April is the true month of love. <3

Virginia Tech
Boston Marathon Bombing
Waco
Oklahoma City Bombing
Columbine
LA Riots
Port Arthur

Written By: 2001 on 04/10/17 at 8:19 pm

This weather *_*

Written By: nally on 04/10/17 at 10:56 pm

Yeah, go check your Facebook and search my name, my name shouldn't show up.  :D

Yes, my account is cancelled.  :o

I thought so.

I am pretty sure that a few other of my friends have completely eliminated (not just deactivated) their accounts as well.

Written By: nally on 04/10/17 at 10:58 pm

April is the true month of love. <3

Virginia Tech
Boston Marathon Bombing
Waco
Oklahoma City Bombing
Columbine
LA Riots
Port Arthur

Another similar event of a sad nature occurred in San Bernardino, CA, today: some creep went on a shooting spree in a school. :\'( Even though San Bernardino is a bit of a distance from where I live (and I have passed through the area a few times), it's still southern California and all the main broadcast channels were showing reports on it instead of regularly scheduled programming. :\'( :\'( My prayers go out to all the affected families.

Written By: 2001 on 04/11/17 at 8:49 am

Another similar event of a sad nature occurred in San Bernardino, CA, today: some creep went on a shooting spree in a school. :\'( Even though San Bernardino is a bit of a distance from where I live (and I have passed through the area a few times), it's still southern California and all the main broadcast channels were showing reports on it instead of regularly scheduled programming. :\'( :\'( My prayers go out to all the affected families.

I heard about it on the radio. It's tragic. Poor kid and poor wife.  :\'( They were only 8 years old.

Written By: annimal on 04/11/17 at 1:39 pm

the wife?

Written By: 2001 on 04/11/17 at 1:40 pm

the wife?

Lol, whoops, *poor kids.  :-X The wife/teacher was 50 years old.

Written By: annimal on 04/11/17 at 1:55 pm

oh okay

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/11/17 at 1:57 pm

Thought it' would be appropriate to post this here as well.

Today at 130 am. You left us. To go to a better place. There's no doubt in my mind that you're in heaven. I had never known a more holy man than you. Somebody who died during the most holy week of the year. You were my role model. And you still are. I loved you so much. And I never got to say goodbye. The last time I saw you was Sunday. I was supposed to see you today after school. And I thought. You were still going to be here. I thought I had a few more days until I would have to face this. You said goodbye Joshua. Just like one usually would when you say goodbye and see them another day. I wish I could've told you. How much you meant to me. How great of a person you were. I loved you grandpa. And I hope when I grow up. I'm just like you. Goodbye. Forever. You fought all you could against leukemia. You fought valiantly. You had courage. You fought for 3 years. And. You fought till you couldn't no more. I love you. All of us do. Look down on us. And I hope your proud. Cancer is a horrible disease that I hope is eradicated from this world.

John Charles Junker.
February 23rd, 1932 - 130 am Tuesday , April 11th, 2017

Written By: Howard on 04/11/17 at 4:38 pm

Today at 130 am. You left us. To go to a better place. There's no doubt in my mind that you're in heaven. I had never known a more holy man than you. Somebody who died during the most holy week of the year. You were my role model. And you still are. I loved you so much. And I never got to say goodbye. The last time I saw you was Sunday. I was supposed to see you today after school. And I thought. You were still going to be here. I thought I had a few more days until I would have to face this. You said goodbye Joshua. Just like one usually would when you say goodbye and see them another day. I wish I could've told you. How much you meant to me. How great of a person you were. I loved you grandpa. And I hope when I grow up. I'm just like you. Goodbye. Forever. You fought all you could against leukemia. You fought valiantly. You had courage. You fought for 3 years. And. You fought till you couldn't no more. I love you. All of us do. Look down on us. And I hope your proud. Cancer is a horrible disease that I hope is eradicated from this world.

John Charles Junker.

My condolences. :(

Written By: Ripley on 04/12/17 at 12:31 pm

John Charles Junker.

I'm so sorry  :( I too lost my Grandpa a few weeks back. It was to Alzheimer's and kidney failure. He was just a few months older than your Grandpa as he was born November 1, 1931. It's not easy. I do still get sad about it. But I also smile knowing he is no longer suffering. Cancer is something I too have lost loved ones to. Most notably my Aunt Cindy. I will keep you in my thoughts.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 04/12/17 at 1:18 pm

John Charles Junker.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/17 at 2:48 pm

I'm so sorry  :( I too lost my Grandpa a few weeks back. It was to Alzheimer's and kidney failure. He was just a few months older than your Grandpa as he was born November 1, 1931. It's not easy. I do still get sad about it. But I also smile knowing he is no longer suffering. Cancer is something I too have lost loved ones to. Most notably my Aunt Cindy. I will keep you in my thoughts.  :\'(

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.  :\'(

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/13/17 at 6:46 am

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.  :\'(

My condolences. :(

ITs been really tough him not being here.... it was quite sudden, he was doing okay even a few hours before yet he declined dramtically in two hours and suddenly died...... I wish I couldve had that serious discussion with him, thats what I wish.

And I am sorry to hear about your grandpa as well. :(

Written By: annimal on 04/13/17 at 10:03 pm

I showed Joel  my magic trick and stuff for the first half of the video and would like to do them soon.  Then I'll plan my stuff for the rest of my Change it Black song.  I have some other ideas for videos Id like to do and possibly some stuff if it is rewritten.  Does anyone around here have a favorite parody of mine and or something they'ed like to see me do?

I just watched Cant Digest The Corn.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/13/17 at 10:18 pm

I showed Joel  my magic trick and stuff for the first half of the video and would like to do them soon.  Then I'll plan my stuff for the rest of my Change it Black song.  I have some other ideas for videos Id like to do and possibly some stuff if it is rewritten.  Does anyone around here have a favorite parody of mine and or something they'ed like to see me do?

I just watched Cant Digest The Corn.

Cool, a video!

Written By: Ripley on 04/13/17 at 10:18 pm

I'm off for a 3 day weekend! Me, my mom, sister and niece are going to see my Grandma tomorrow. We'll go eat and get groceries.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/17 at 10:25 pm

I'm back!

All is fine with my wife and me, we stayed at a friend's condo for the last few weeks. We did feel one of the earthquake tremors that have been shaking The Philippines recently. With no available Wi-Fi and our portable Wi-Fi devices not working I was best described as stranded, especially I could not access my documents on my tablet, for I have to be online.

Written By: Ripley on 04/13/17 at 10:28 pm

It's good to see you Phil!

Written By: 2001 on 04/13/17 at 10:39 pm

I'm back!

All is fine with my wife and me, we stayed at a friend's condo for the last few weeks. We did feel one of the earthquake tremors that have been shaking The Philippines recently. With no available Wi-Fi and our portable Wi-Fi devices not working I was best described as stranded, especially I could not access my documents on my tablet, for I have to be online.

I thought you were on holiday! It's great to hear that you're safe. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/17 at 1:22 am

It's good to see you Phil!

I thought you were on holiday! It's great to hear that you're safe. :)
O0

Written By: Howard on 04/14/17 at 5:51 am

I'm back!

good to see you back Phil. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/17 at 5:55 am

good to see you back Phil. :)
many thanks!

Written By: nally on 04/14/17 at 5:30 pm

I'm back!

Welcome back Philip; it is great to see you back here again! And thanks for your updates. Glad you are safe. :) O0

Written By: nally on 04/14/17 at 5:33 pm

I was unable to be online for much of yesterday (Thursday) myself. First I had a busy day at work, then when I finally got home it was time to go out again, since my parents and I went out for dinner and then to the church for a Holy Thursday service. My help was very much needed there; in fact, I help out a lot at church. So when we finally got home, it was about 10pm... and I was about ready for bed.

And today I went to a Good Friday service.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/17 at 8:30 pm

Welcome back Philip; it is great to see you back here again! And thanks for your updates. Glad you are safe. :) O0
O0

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/17 at 12:50 am

O0

Welcome back, Philip Eno!  8)  8)  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/17 at 6:02 am

Welcome back, Philip Eno!  8)  8)  8)
Many thanks, it it all back for the fun and games here.

Written By: annimal on 04/15/17 at 10:06 am

was going to get some of my tricks video'ed for my  video yesterday.  Didn't work out.  I started feeling guilty, but should be proud of myself for trying to get the camera set up and looking at the instructions.  Mom wanted me to go to church with her " Live isn't about you something something something you need to worship God.  So I asked her if going to Church was the only way to worship God.  Then I went outside pist to spent some time to talk with a seemingly higher being and his creations.  This is when I saw the ladybugs mating.

Maybe I'll be able to video some tricks today

Written By: nally on 04/15/17 at 2:31 pm

That is a good thing. O0

Written By: Howard on 04/15/17 at 5:37 pm

so it's back to normal? :)

Written By: annimal on 04/15/17 at 7:46 pm

been trying to do my acting and trick.  still needs some more work.  Joel wanted me to time my singing,but there's no way I'm gonna get my acting timed perfectly.  I ought to record me singing the song and do the notes between with my harmonica. 

Written By: Ripley on 04/15/17 at 9:19 pm

I did some things around the house and also trimmed up/shaved some of my dog's hair. Now I'm finally relaxing :P

Written By: 2001 on 04/15/17 at 11:41 pm

I did some things around the house and also trimmed up/shaved some of my dog's hair. Now I'm finally relaxing :P

Sounds nice.  8)

I went to a dinner party.

Written By: Ripley on 04/16/17 at 2:37 am

^Cool, what did you eat?

It's storming.... Woo hoo!!!!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/16/17 at 1:26 pm

I've been saying this too many times.. But I'm back BABY!!! ;) :D

Written By: Howard on 04/16/17 at 3:10 pm

good to see you back Eazy. :)

Written By: Ripley on 04/16/17 at 3:55 pm

Hey  :D

Written By: annimal on 04/16/17 at 4:16 pm

earlier I did a few more things on the video camera and now I need a rest from it.  I was going to have a picture at the end that has the address to where my parodies are.  Well I want to call myself hamend, ham? a butt? beans?  Photobucket pic using what I found in searches on the first pages.  I'm probably going to go with beans and use the dangerous gasses sign I found.

Written By: nally on 04/16/17 at 6:40 pm

That's nice. I miss having a dog. But at least I have all the great memories. :)

Written By: nally on 04/16/17 at 6:40 pm

Welcome back again!

Written By: nally on 04/16/17 at 6:42 pm

I had a busy night last night, and a somewhat busy morning. I helped my parents at the church with the Easter services; then we went out for brunch after this morning's service. Now we are at home chillaxing.

Written By: annimal on 04/16/17 at 9:03 pm

yeah did my tricks and stuff as good I can and finished my picture.  Now if Joel and I can get together and see what can be put together.

Written By: Ripley on 04/16/17 at 9:35 pm

I had a busy night last night, and a somewhat busy morning. I helped my parents at the church with the Easter services; then we went out for brunch after this morning's service. Now we are at home chillaxing.

I love the word chillaxing!  ;D

Written By: annimal on 04/17/17 at 12:20 pm

at 4:00 today I have an appiontment with this place that is suppose to help me get a job.

Written By: 2001 on 04/17/17 at 1:05 pm

at 4:00 today I have an appiontment with this place that is suppose to help me get a job.

Good luck. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/17/17 at 1:20 pm

We'll see how it goes.  This is why I wanted do all my camera stuff done now.  Getting use to a job will take me a little time to get use to doing.

Written By: nally on 04/17/17 at 2:27 pm

I love the word chillaxing!  ;D

Thank you. ;) Since Easter is a very busy time of the year for my parents, we are relieved to be done with it.

Today they are at home resting, taking the day off.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/17 at 2:55 pm

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Ripley on 04/18/17 at 12:43 am

It's already April 18th!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/18/17 at 12:56 am

Four more months then I'll find a job. I'm getting more and more lighthearted everyday. I'm happy to find a rainbow after such a shadow period.

Written By: 2001 on 04/18/17 at 7:47 am

Four more months then I'll find a job. I'm getting more and more lighthearted everyday. I'm happy to find a rainbow after such a shadow period.

Keep it up!  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/18/17 at 11:47 am

Keep it up!  8)

Ascension karma!

Written By: annimal on 04/18/17 at 3:13 pm

oh hi.  this gob finding place didn't"t seem too helpful if they were trying to do more then just another one of those places in the past that just try to get rid of me because of all my problems.  Anyway, looks like I'll be looking for some help elsewhere.  Still don't understand what the difference between a child solution to something is, and an adult solution is.  I cant put any kind of picture or anything I make  with construction paper to cover up my white door.  This is something a kid would do.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/18/17 at 3:30 pm

oh hi.  this gob finding place didn't"t seem too helpful if they were trying to do more then just another one of those places in the past that just try to get rid of me because of all my problems.  Anyway, looks like I'll be looking for some help elsewhere.  Still don't understand what the difference between a child solution to something is, and an adult solution is.  I cant put any kind of picture or anything I make  with construction paper to cover up my white door.  This is something a kid would do.

I usually use tape to put construction paper on a wall. Sounds like you're trying to make a colorful background.

Written By: annimal on 04/18/17 at 3:32 pm

not superglue?

Written By: Howard on 04/18/17 at 3:32 pm

just keep trying.

Written By: annimal on 04/18/17 at 3:50 pm

I'm going to mention this to my psy  and turn around and look at my mom if my psy cant explain it.  I know adults get jobs and have things to take care of, but what is all this other stuff that makes me such a little kid? 

Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
Oh no

Written By: 80sfan on 04/18/17 at 5:11 pm

not superglue?

Not a good idea.

Written By: nally on 04/18/17 at 6:11 pm

Busy day at my work today; both on the way there and on the way home I encountered a little bit of drizzle.

Written By: annimal on 04/18/17 at 7:12 pm

Not a good idea.

not superglue huh.  how about hot glue?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/18/17 at 10:40 pm

I'm going to mention this to my psy  and turn around and look at my mom if my psy cant explain it.  I know adults get jobs and have things to take care of, but what is all this other stuff that makes me such a little kid? 

Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
Oh no

You're going to apply for a job??  8)  8)  :D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/18/17 at 11:13 pm

good to see you back Eazy. :)

You may still refer to me as Eric, Howard. ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/19/17 at 5:11 am

You may still refer to me as Eric, Howard. ;D

How about Eazy Eric? ;)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/17 at 1:11 pm

just keep trying.

Thank you, Howard.

Written By: Ripley on 04/19/17 at 3:02 pm

I just think it's cool that you got Eazy E's first name, Eric :) but it sucks he died the year you were born :(

Written By: nally on 04/19/17 at 6:34 pm

Today our gardener came over to plant some new lawn in the front yard of our house. (We had to get rid of the old lawn last year after it died due to weed takeovers and/or watering restrictions).

Written By: annimal on 04/19/17 at 8:32 pm

Our attorney contacted this job place and now they can offer us so many more things to me then they possibly could before.  We have another app with these people on Monday and going to make our final decision with these people and if they'll give me a job coach or if it's still to expensive for them to do

Written By: nally on 04/19/17 at 11:18 pm

Today our gardener came over to plant some new lawn in the front yard of our house. (We had to get rid of the old lawn last year after it died due to weed takeovers and/or watering restrictions).

He finished at about 5pm (PDT), making sure all the necessary work was completed.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/17 at 11:30 pm

We do that every 5 to 10 years in my family!  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/17 at 11:31 pm

Our attorney contacted this job place and now they can offer us so many more things to me then they possibly could before.  We have another app with these people on Monday and going to make our final decision with these people and if they'll give me a job coach or if it's still to expensive for them to do

That's great news. How is your phone doing?

Written By: nally on 04/19/17 at 11:33 pm

We do that every 5 to 10 years in my family!  :)

Well, the first lawn we got, was planted when our new home was being built, in early 2001. However, last year it got unhealthy (as I mentioned in my previous post). So, 15 years is not bad for one lawn. (We had hoped to get it planted a few months ago, but due to various circumstances, it had to wait until today.)

Written By: karen on 04/20/17 at 8:23 am

Well, the first lawn we got, was planted when our new home was being built, in early 2001. However, last year it got unhealthy (as I mentioned in my previous post). So, 15 years is not bad for one lawn. (We had hoped to get it planted a few months ago, but due to various circumstances, it had to wait until today.)

Too late now but I wonder if there is another plant that will cope better with drought conditions.  It seems crazy to me to waste water keeping a lawn looking nice when there is such a shortage in your state.

Written By: nally on 04/20/17 at 7:44 pm

Too late now but I wonder if there is another plant that will cope better with drought conditions.  It seems crazy to me to waste water keeping a lawn looking nice when there is such a shortage in your state.

We actually had thought of various possibilities after our lawn was ripped out last year... but decided in favor of this one.

Written By: annimal on 04/20/17 at 8:21 pm

My phone is working just fine.  I just took some pictures of my beads so next time I'm at a bead store and see something that might work with something, I'll have a picture of all my beads to see.

Had an eye appointment today.  I have supercaltafracturisticextvhotophobia.                        photo phobia and  a cataract.

Tomorrow, I get to visit this place where these people want me to work at and see if it will work for me.  If it doesn't work out,  then I'm not getting a job with these people.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/20/17 at 8:25 pm

My phone is working just fine.  I just took some pictures of my beads so next time I'm at a bead store and see something that might work with something, I'll have a picture of all my beads to see.

Had an eye appointment today.  I have supercaltafracturisticextvhotophobia.                        photo phobia and  a cataract.

Tomorrow, I get to visit this place where these people want me to work at and see if it will work for me.  If it doesn't work out,  then I'm not getting a job with these people.

Karma!

Written By: annimal on 04/20/17 at 10:56 pm

what's that cat doing chasing my burger?

I've kind of shown you guys some necklaces I made, but only my blue and silver one is still together.  I don't have enough beads to really put something else together that I really like.

Written By: 2001 on 04/21/17 at 9:54 am

I'm going to start writing in a gratitude journal. I focus way too much on the negative in my life, I don't stop to think about those things I take for granted: that I have a loving family, that I have great friends, that I love my job and have great coworkers, that I love my house (is that weird to say? I like how spacious it is ;D), and that I had an amazing breakfast this morning etc. I swear I'm not on drugs, I'm just in a very blissful mood this morning. ;D I'm going to write down three things I'm thankful for every night in a journal, before I go to bed. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/21/17 at 12:43 pm

what's that cat doing chasing my burger?

I've kind of shown you guys some necklaces I made, but only my blue and silver one is still together.  I don't have enough beads to really put something else together that I really like.

I stole the burger from him, and ate it.  :(

Written By: Howard on 04/21/17 at 4:23 pm

I'm going to start writing in a gratitude journal. I focus way too much on the negative in my life, I don't stop to think about those things I take for granted: that I have a loving family, that I have great friends, that I love my job and have great coworkers, that I love my house (is that weird to say? I like how spacious it is ;D), and that I had an amazing breakfast this morning etc. I swear I'm not on drugs, I'm just in a very blissful mood this morning. ;D I'm going to write down three things I'm thankful for every night in a journal, before I go to bed. :)

good luck with the journal. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/21/17 at 8:21 pm

it looks like this job thing is going to work!  They got me down for 10 hours a week.  My only question is when do I start?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/21/17 at 8:50 pm

it looks like this job thing is going to work!  They got me down for 10 hours a week.  My only question is when do I start?

You're already a step ahead of me. You have a job, I don't at the moment.  ;D

Karma for the strong progress.

Written By: Ripley on 04/21/17 at 10:26 pm

I got my haircut! Check out the pics!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=25106.6420

Written By: Howard on 04/22/17 at 5:38 am

Wonderful, Did they give you a start date?  :)

Written By: annimal on 04/22/17 at 10:52 am

I'm not sure

Written By: nally on 04/22/17 at 11:54 am

I got my haircut! Check out the pics!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=25106.6420

Just looked at 'em. Awesome. O0

I got mine cut last week.

Written By: Ripley on 04/22/17 at 9:43 pm

Just looked at 'em. Awesome. O0

I got mine cut last week.

Thanks!

It feels good to have a fresh cut doesn't it?  ;)

Written By: nally on 04/22/17 at 11:56 pm

Thanks!

Yes, definitely. I was actually due for a cut in March, but I kept putting it off for one reason or another.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/17 at 2:21 pm

Thanks!

I agree, I'm due for one in the next few weeks.

Written By: 2001 on 04/23/17 at 5:23 pm

I always put off haircuts to the last minute. After a string of bad hair days is when I go cut it.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/23/17 at 5:31 pm

I always put off haircuts to the last minute. After a string of bad hair days is when I go cut it.

What's a haircut?

Written By: annimal on 04/23/17 at 5:31 pm

yeah!  I did some garden work, I bugged Joel, and now I'm going outside again.

Written By: nally on 04/23/17 at 7:09 pm

yeah!  I did some garden work, I bugged Joel, and now I'm going outside again.

That reminds me, we have some things we'd like to plant, but we haven't had time and/or energy to do it yet.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/23/17 at 7:13 pm

That reminds me, we have some things we'd like to plant, but we haven't had time and/or energy to do it yet.

I tried to plant an orange tree once with an orange's seeds.  :P

Written By: nally on 04/23/17 at 7:14 pm

I tried to plant an orange tree once with an orange's seeds.  :P

We tried to plant one in our own yard, but it didn't grow very much. :-[

Written By: annimal on 04/23/17 at 10:26 pm

I tried planting an orange tree once two,but it didn't make it.

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/24/17 at 7:31 am

I have had quite the interesting past 11 days....

Had a little hiatus from here since I have been so busy with life lately.

Started my job at Kings Island over Spring Break, it was quite the experience I must say....

I have met a lot of new people this month, my life has kind of turned around.

It is hard to believe my Grandpa is gone. Even though I was his pailbearer..... I carried his casket with my brothers to his grave in Spring Grove Cemetery. He got a full veterans funeral, taps, american flag folded and presented to the widow (my Grandma)

Was truly a sight to see.

There is no doubt in my mind where he is at the moment, he is up there looking down on us.

Kings Island was great, it really was! :D

Mystic Timbers Charity Auction Night, I met some new people. Matt is now one of my good friends, the friendship has had a similar beginning to the one I had with my former best friend from last year. But it seems, kind of different you know. And in a good way. He is already attending a concert I was going to go to alone on Wednesday at Bogarts which is pretty cool I must say! :) He is a pretty good friend and pretty similar to me in alot of ways.

Have another group I have become good friends with as well. And I hope to visit the park with them soon.

Concert this Wednesday and this Sunday! :D

GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :D

Friends, friends I know I can count on....

Life is looking up, and it feels good. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/24/17 at 6:30 pm

I found out that 30 minutes screws both my eyes up.  I decided I'll come back here until I go blind. Nobody will probably treat me before I go blind anyway.

It's 20 degrees cooler then our last overcast day so I'm kinda down I cant go outside either.

Written By: annimal on 04/24/17 at 8:44 pm

headache
greate the headache

Written By: Ripley on 04/24/17 at 9:26 pm

Started my job at Kings Island over Spring Break, it was quite the experience I must say....

It is hard to believe my Grandpa is gone. Even though I was his pailbearer..... I carried his casket with my brothers to his grave in Spring Grove Cemetery. He got a full veterans funeral, taps, american flag folded and presented to the widow (my Grandma)

There is no doubt in my mind where he is at the moment, he is up there looking down on us.

Mystic Timbers Charity Auction Night, I met some new people. Matt is now one of my good friends, the friendship has had a similar beginning to the one I had with my former best friend from last year. But it seems, kind of different you know. And in a good way. He is already attending a concert I was going to go to alone on Wednesday at Bogarts which is pretty cool I must say! :) He is a pretty good friend and pretty similar to me in alot of ways.

Have another group I have become good friends with as well. And I hope to visit the park with them soon.

This is all awesome news! I'm happy for you! 😊

Written By: nally on 04/24/17 at 10:46 pm

We're going to get a new air conditioner installed in our home next week. The one we have, was installed in 2005, and was showing signs of wear & tear last year... so recently we researched some options for a replacement, and met with a guy today whose company will be doing the work.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/17 at 6:55 am

that's wonderful, at least you're making progress. :)

Written By: nally on 04/25/17 at 5:47 pm

that's wonderful, at least you're making progress. :)

My thoughts exactly when I read his post. O0

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/26/17 at 8:14 am

It is like this I guess.... to kind of list my months in the past few in terms of how good they were...

October 2016 10/10
November 2016 9/10
December 1st - December 19th 2016 8/10
December 19th 2016 - December 23rd, 2016 0/10
December 24th, 2016 - December 31st, 2016 2/10
January 2017 0.5/10
February 2017 1/10
March 2017 5/10
April 2017 9/10

My life has gotten a lot better since a big giant depression.

Going to my concert tonight with my new friend, it is gonna be so FUN! :D

Written By: 2001 on 04/26/17 at 8:43 am

It is like this I guess.... to kind of list my months in the past few in terms of how good they were...

October 2016 10/10
November 2016 9/10
January 2017 0.5/10
February 2017 1/10
March 2017 5/10
April 2017 9/10

In my experience, the saddest periods in my life were always immediately followed by the happiest periods of my life. I'm happy you got out of your rut! Keep on keeping on.  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/26/17 at 11:42 am

In my experience, the saddest periods in my life were always immediately followed by the happiest periods of my life. I'm happy you got out of your rut! Keep on keeping on.  8)

If that's true, I'm bound for a Golden Age in my life in a few months!  :o

Written By: nally on 04/26/17 at 1:30 pm

In most cases it has been like that for me. Of course anytime I look back on the not-so-good periods, I like to find some positives that occurred despite the overall discontent.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/17 at 3:50 pm

October 2016 10/10
November 2016 9/10
January 2017 0.5/10
February 2017 1/10
March 2017 5/10
April 2017 9/10

enjoy the concert. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/26/17 at 6:14 pm

I think I'm going to volunteer at a homeless shelter. It'll give me something to do until August, when I feel I'm ready for a real job.  :o

Written By: Howard on 04/27/17 at 5:30 am

I think I'm going to volunteer at a homeless shelter. It'll give me something to do until August, when I feel I'm ready for a real job.  :o

Oh that's wonderful, how long are you going to be doing this?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/27/17 at 11:46 am

Oh that's wonderful, how long are you going to be doing this?

Probably until August.

Written By: annimal on 04/27/17 at 11:59 am

Oh sorry, I was real busy yesterday ( on Paint shop pro for some reason) and wasn't able to come here.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/27/17 at 12:06 pm

Oh sorry, I was real busy yesterday ( on Paint shop pro for some reason) and wasn't able to come here.

Working on a background picture?  ???

Written By: annimal on 04/27/17 at 2:30 pm

^  vant tell you

Paint Shop Pro was working fine for me yesterday, but now if I want to see more then one picture at a time, I have to put it in in picskles and a color channel and stuff. 

Written By: nally on 04/27/17 at 10:45 pm

Best of luck to you. That should be a new experience!

Written By: nally on 04/27/17 at 10:49 pm

Speaking of volunteering, I have been a volunteer at the local public library for the past 4 1/2 years; yesterday the place was celebrating Volunteer Appreciation Week, with plenty of goodies available for all volunteers in one of the meeting rooms. So I went, and had a good time.

This Saturday the place is celebrating a 110 year anniversary (although the building itself is not that old; the library was in a different building until the newer facility was built, some 25-30 years or so ago).

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/17 at 11:02 pm

It will look good on your resume.

Written By: annimal on 04/27/17 at 11:44 pm

finished making pictures now.  Okay, I'll talk.  Yes Joel had me sing the song to correct timing and I did my acting, but of course the timing isn't perfect. So I asked him is he can put I'm not telling between the time.  I don't know why Joel want's the time perfect and stuff more then I've already done my tricks as best to the timing of the tricks.  That's the thing, there's a lot of time in between where I'm looking sad before the next trick.  That's how the song goes though. 

Written By: 80sfan on 04/27/17 at 11:50 pm

finished making pictures now.  Okay, I'll talk.  Yes Joel had me sing the song to correct timing and I did my acting, but of course the timing isn't perfect. So I asked him is he can put I'm not telling between the time.  I don't know why Joel want's the time perfect and stuff more then I've already done my tricks as best to the timing of the tricks.  That's the thing, there's a lot of time in between where I'm looking sad before the next trick.  That's how the song goes though.

I'm soooooo excited!  8)

Written By: Howard on 04/28/17 at 5:26 am

Probably until August.

Wonderful, good luck with that.

Written By: annimal on 04/28/17 at 11:03 am

I'm soooooo excited!  8)

I don't know if this is going to turn out to be some sort of master piece or overdone disaster, but the time has come to get something up weather Joel doesn't think it's good enough or not.

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 12:07 pm

That's a long time it's been around Jeff! It's shame that not many libraries are around anymore.

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 12:08 pm

Today's my sister's 5 year wedding anniversary.

Written By: annimal on 04/28/17 at 1:10 pm

lets see, some business at the bank and my psy appointment

Written By: 2001 on 04/28/17 at 3:23 pm

My uncle and aunt are coming over from Montréal. I'm pretty excited, I love giving people tours of Toronto and visiting all the landmarks again. :D

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 4:54 pm

My uncle and aunt are coming over from Montréal. I'm pretty excited, I love giving people tours of Toronto and visiting all the landmarks again. :D

That sounds fun. If I come up there someday you can give me a tour.  :D

Written By: nally on 04/28/17 at 4:57 pm

Cool.

Same here. That's one part of the world that I think would be interesting to visit.

Written By: nally on 04/28/17 at 4:58 pm

That's a long time it's been around Jeff! It's shame that not many libraries are around anymore.

Yes many of them seem to wane because many people like to read things electronically. However, I still like actual printed material.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/17 at 4:58 pm

I don't know if this is going to turn out to be some sort of master piece or overdone disaster, but the time has come to get something up weather Joel doesn't think it's good enough or not.

Sounds fun, though!

Written By: nally on 04/28/17 at 4:59 pm

Happy anniversary to your sister!! :)

Let's see... that means that she got married the same day that I went on my very first cruise! ;)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/17 at 4:59 pm

I did a phone poll in Canada once, got lots of people hanging up on me!  ;D  ;D

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 5:05 pm

Cool.

Same here. That's one part of the world that I think would be interesting to visit.

Yeah there are so many fun things to do. This girl I watch on YouTube has gone there a few times and she went to this really neat castle. I forget what it's called but I'd like to check it out.

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 5:06 pm

Happy anniversary to your sister!! :)

Let's see... that means that she got married the same day that I went on my very first cruise! ;)

Wow cool! Happy First Cruise Anniversary!  :D

Written By: nally on 04/28/17 at 5:10 pm

Wow cool! Happy First Cruise Anniversary!  :D

I even shared the memory on my Facebook Page just now. :) 8)

Written By: Howard on 04/28/17 at 5:53 pm

A few of my libraries are still around.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/17 at 5:54 pm

Happy Anniversary to her. :)

Written By: 2001 on 04/28/17 at 8:05 pm

Cool.

Oh, definitely.  8)

Happy anniversary to your sister, Ripley. :)

And happy cruise anniversary, Jeff. Do you plan on going again? ;D

I did a phone poll in Canada once, got lots of people hanging up on me!  ;D  ;D

Darn. ;D

Written By: annimal on 04/28/17 at 8:53 pm

oh man, a cat took one of my burgers and now slowpoke has taken one too.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/17 at 9:53 pm

oh man, a cat took one of my burgers and now slowpoke has taken one too.

;D  ;D

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 10:34 pm

Wow! It might snow in the plains tomorrow! 😀

Written By: Howard on 04/29/17 at 8:07 am

Isn't it Spring where you live?

Written By: nally on 04/29/17 at 11:34 am

And happy cruise anniversary, Jeff. Do you plan on going again? ;D

Darn. ;D

I have taken five cruises since then: one in 2013, two in 2014, one in 2015, and one in 2016. The next one we plan to go in is in October of this year. :)

Written By: karen on 04/29/17 at 11:59 am

Isn't it Spring where you live?

I would say it is spring here but we had some flurries of snow last week

Written By: nally on 04/29/17 at 2:51 pm

I would say it is spring here but we had some flurries of snow last week

Some parts of the world are like that, I've noticed. Even certain places in the US tend to have winterlike temps into April, such as Colorado.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/29/17 at 3:15 pm

Some parts of the world are like that, I've noticed. Even certain places in the US tend to have winterlike temps into April, such as Colorado.

It's been kind of cool here, where I'm at. It could be warmer though. I prefer it a little warmer.

Written By: nally on 04/29/17 at 5:20 pm

It's been kind of cool here, where I'm at. It could be warmer though. I prefer it a little warmer.

I prefer it on the warm side, not too hot. On the other hand I don't like to get TOO warm. :P

Written By: nally on 04/29/17 at 5:22 pm

This Saturday the library is celebrating a 110 year anniversary (although the building itself is not that old; the library was in a different building until the newer facility was built, some 25-30 years or so ago).

Yes many of them seem to wane because many people like to read things electronically. However, I still like actual printed material.

So this morning I went to the library for the celebration; it was really nice. A young lady friend of mine who used to volunteer at the library also showed up (and was happy to see me; we even gave each other a big hug) and even video-recorded part of the presentation with her smartphone and posted it to FB. So I've had a great day today. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/29/17 at 6:02 pm

I have taken five cruises since then: one in 2013, two in 2014, one in 2015, and one in 2016. The next one we plan to go in is in October of this year. :)

The last cruise My Family and I have went on was in 2003 and that was the cruise to Alaska, Niagara Falls.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/17 at 6:03 pm

I prefer it on the warm side, not too hot. On the other hand I don't like to get TOO warm. :P

same here, I like it warm but not too warm.

Written By: 2001 on 04/29/17 at 8:46 pm

Went to Niagara Falls today. Last time I went was in 2003. It looks the same :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/17 at 9:52 pm

The last cruise My Family and I have went on was in 2003 and that was the cruise to Alaska, Niagara Falls.
That must have been a long cruise, Alaska to the Niagara Falls?

Written By: Howard on 04/30/17 at 7:27 am

It was a 3 day cruise to different areas, one including Ketchican and Niagara Falls.

Written By: 2001 on 04/30/17 at 5:00 pm

My aunt says I can come to Montréal and crash at her house whenever I want. I should take her up on her offer. ;D

Written By: annimal on 04/30/17 at 5:04 pm

I'm playing Burgertime.  What could have possibly caused me to do that?

Written By: annimal on 04/30/17 at 5:57 pm

I must also have some kind of strange problem in my  brain.  I kept seeing the name ladybug.  Think I'm better now

Written By: 2001 on 04/30/17 at 6:09 pm

I must also have some kind of strange problem in my  brain.  I kept seeing the name ladybug.  Think I'm better now

Damn that's scary :(

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/30/17 at 6:16 pm

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Written By: annimal on 04/30/17 at 6:27 pm

Damn that's scary :(

not that scary, but it did bug me

Written By: Ripley on 04/30/17 at 8:13 pm

I'm on day one of my three days off!

Written By: nally on 04/30/17 at 11:42 pm

I was going to say, that would be on opposite ends of the U.S.; Alaska is on the Pacific Ocean whereas Niagara is closer to the Atlantic (by far).

It was a 3 day cruise to different areas, one including Ketchican and Niagara Falls.

But even so, I would think it would take longer than 3 days to go between Alaska (West coast) and Niagra Falls (East coast).

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/01/17 at 2:25 am

Since the weather has been crappy all day I've been playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 on my PS3 with my brother, and as I was playing I came to the conclusion that anyone who would plant weeping willow trees on a golf course must be an evil and sadistic bastard.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/01/17 at 2:52 am

Since the weather has been crappy all day I've been playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 on my PS3 with my brother, and as I was playing I came to the conclusion that anyone who would plant weeping willow trees on a golf course must be an evil and sadistic bastard.

I planted them. Muahahahahahaha!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/01/17 at 3:11 am

You must really hate golfers then.  :o

Written By: Howard on 05/01/17 at 5:22 am

I'm on day one of my three days off!

What are your plans? :)

Written By: Howard on 05/01/17 at 5:23 am

I was going to say, that would be on opposite ends of the U.S.; Alaska is on the Pacific Ocean whereas Niagara is closer to the Atlantic (by far).

But even so, I would think it would take longer than 3 days to go between Alaska (West coast) and Niagra Falls (East coast).

We traveled to different parts and did a lot of sightseeing.

Written By: karen on 05/01/17 at 5:46 am

Morris Dancing at a pub yesterday as part of their May Day celebrations.  There was also a band playing, a choir and a group performing a mummers play.

Written By: nally on 05/01/17 at 10:13 am

We traveled to different parts and did a lot of sightseeing.

I am still confused. You obviously had to travel between the West coast of the U.S. and the East Coast somehow.

Written By: annimal on 05/01/17 at 10:19 am

dont forget that I gave you 4 bags of plant food

Written By: 2001 on 05/01/17 at 11:03 am

I am still confused. You obviously had to travel between the West coast of the U.S. and the East Coast somehow.

Yeah, to get to Niagara from Alaska, you'd have to go through the Canadian Arctic, past Labrador and into Saint Lawrence river, and through Lake Ontario before you arrive at Niagara. That would take weeks not three days. Are you sure it was Niagara Falls?  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 05/01/17 at 1:40 pm

dont forget that I gave you 4 bags of plant food

Uh oh.  :(

Written By: annimal on 05/01/17 at 1:56 pm

Don't tell me you didn't use them

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/17 at 3:47 pm

Yeah, to get to Niagara from Alaska, you'd have to go through the Canadian Arctic, past Labrador and into Saint Lawrence river, and through Lake Ontario before you arrive at Niagara. That would take weeks not three days. Are you sure it was Niagara Falls?  :o
Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Written By: annimal on 05/01/17 at 3:51 pm

I saw ladybug larvae all over the walls of the house when I went out  and now I'm seeing the name ladybug in the arcade again.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/01/17 at 4:04 pm

Don't tell me you didn't use them

I used AND abused them!

Written By: annimal on 05/01/17 at 4:09 pm

but did you give it to the trees so they would be healthy and strong?

Written By: nally on 05/01/17 at 11:18 pm

That's what I'm thinking too!

Perhaps we should ask him this on his 'Ask' thread?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/17 at 5:00 am

That's what I'm thinking too!

Perhaps we should ask him this on his 'Ask' thread?
Sorted!

Written By: Howard on 05/02/17 at 5:04 pm

I forgot the name of the cruise ship we traveled on, it slipped my mind.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/17 at 5:06 pm

Yes it was Niagara Falls, NY.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/17 at 7:03 pm

For the cruise to take three days in such quick time, it must have been downhill all the way?

Written By: Howard on 05/03/17 at 7:09 am

For the cruise to take three days in such quick time, it must have been downhill all the way?

the weather was quite cold. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/17 at 3:31 am

the weather was quite cold. :o
I imagine that part​of Alaska is.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/17 at 5:37 am

I imagine that part​of Alaska is.

It was in the low to mid 30's.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/17 at 5:45 am

It was in the low to mid 30's.
That must be below freezing point?

Written By: Howard on 05/05/17 at 6:05 am

That must be below freezing point?

Yes, we needed to wear our heavy coats while on the cruise ship.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/17 at 6:08 am

Yes, we needed to wear our heavy coats while on the cruise ship.
O0

Written By: Howard on 05/05/17 at 6:11 pm

O0

We were all watching the falling icebergs from the cruise ship.

Check for new replies or respond here...