inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most popular/mainstream ethnicities

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/02/17 at 1:59 pm

I been thinking of this topic for the longest and felt that, it would make for fun potential. By most popular I mean, ethnicities that are well known world wide. Ethnicities that are considered apart of mainstream, popular culture.

I'll throw in my picks:

1st goes to, European/American. Not only through music, their what you would think of as the default super hero. 2nd pick goes to, African/American. Their contribute to music is constantly promoted with their already distinctively unique sound and word style that can be timeless. 3rd pick goes to, Asian/Chinese/Japanese/Korean. Asian food is generally popular alone but, you can't picture them not knowing any martial arts/skill. They also create the most anticipated video games. 4th goes to the middle eastern clique. I don't know what else to add. Haha I know their popular though. 5th goes to Latina. I repeat, their food is generally popular and established. The definitive parts of their culture is recognizable to.

A lot of cultural appeal aspects I didn't bother to list for the selected ethnicities you see above because their already too obvious.

Subject: Re: Most popular/mainstream ethnicities

Written By: 2001 on 09/02/17 at 3:14 pm

It obviously depends on the country you're in :P

Your list sounds accurate for the US. I would've put Latinos higher than Middle Easterners/Asians though.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/03/17 at 11:12 am

It obviously depends on the country you're in :P

Your list sounds accurate for the US. I would've put Latinos higher than Middle Easterners/Asians though.

Wait, Latinas more popular than, Koreans aside, Chinese/Japanese? They immensely contribute to entertainment.

Written By: d90 on 09/16/17 at 11:56 pm

I would say it's the Latinos especially Mexicans for their food and music and language, Japanese for their Animes videogames Karate and Sushi, Chinese for their food and Kungfu and Koreans for their K pop.

Check for new replies or respond here...