inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BOO! October 2017 is here...

Written By: nally on 09/30/17 at 11:03 pm

Yes, another new month, so here is another new monthly thread. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/halloween/cheesy.gif I hope it is a good month for all of us!!

I have plans to go on a week-long trip with my family starting on the 18th (returning on the 25th).

Anyhoo... White rabbits!

Subject: Re: BOO! October 2017 is here...

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/17 at 11:12 am

White rabbit!

and

Boo!

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/01/17 at 11:58 am

Aye Halloween is coming

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/17 at 12:39 pm

Where did September go? Yesterday I realized the date asked Carlos if he knew what today was. He looked at me like he didn't know. I said, October. He looked at his watch (which has a calendar on it) and said, "Yeah, it is." It just seems like September flew by.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/17 at 12:41 pm

My television conked out today, it just switched itself off, and does not want to turn back on again. For later this week, I will have to watch "The Apprentice" online!

Written By: nally on 10/01/17 at 1:36 pm

Where did September go? Yesterday I realized the date asked Carlos if he knew what today was. He looked at me like he didn't know. I said, October. He looked at his watch (which has a calendar on it) and said, "Yeah, it is." It just seems like September flew by.

Cat

Yep, it sure did fly by. In fact, the whole year seems to be flying by. :o

Written By: 80sfan on 10/01/17 at 1:40 pm

White rabbit!

and

Boo!

Aahhh!  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Written By: karen on 10/01/17 at 2:39 pm

We took Elizabeth to university for the first time today.  We had a car full of stuff plus a bike to unload.

She has a nice room up several flights of stairs, and it overlooks the garden area.

We ended up bringing one suitcase back with some clothes in it, as she basically had packed all her t-shirts and there wasn't quite enough storage space for them all.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/17 at 2:40 pm

Aye Halloween is coming

and also "Pumpkin" everything.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/17 at 2:41 pm

Cat

and 3 more months till this year is over.

Written By: nally on 10/01/17 at 3:12 pm

and 3 more months till this year is over.

Yep, welcome to the final quarter of this year!

Today has been a good day so far for me, even though I'm still not feeling totally well yet.

Written By: annimal on 10/01/17 at 4:56 pm

someone reminded me of the eye patch Im wearing.  I have to wait all the way until tomorrow to get my new hearing aid.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/02/17 at 9:28 am

We took Elizabeth to university for the first time today.  We had a car full of stuff plus a bike to unload.

She has a nice room up several flights of stairs, and it overlooks the garden area.

We ended up bringing one suitcase back with some clothes in it, as she basically had packed all her t-shirts and there wasn't quite enough storage space for them all.

I know she will do VERY well.  You guys must be very proud.  Best to all of you

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/17 at 9:30 am

I wish Elizabeth well and good luck with her university

Written By: annimal on 10/02/17 at 9:45 am

2;00 app

Written By: nally on 10/02/17 at 5:26 pm

Today (Monday) was a work day for me, rather than the usual Tuesday. My boss had some projects that she wanted me to work on for the new fiscal year... and I got 'em done!

Written By: annimal on 10/03/17 at 10:13 am

Yesterday I got a bunch of Play-do shoved in my ear and thrown out the door  >:(

Written By: nally on 10/03/17 at 12:59 pm

Today is going to be a stay-at-home day for me, since I worked yesterday. It'll give me a chance to hopefully get rid of the cold I've had once and for all.

Written By: nally on 10/04/17 at 8:38 pm

So, the other day I mentioned on the 'Have you lost a close relative' thread in TTT that my great-aunt died on Monday morning; her funeral is going to be held this Friday.

Written By: annimal on 10/04/17 at 8:42 pm

that f word

Written By: 80sfan on 10/05/17 at 12:15 am

Yesterday I got a bunch of Play-do shoved in my ear and thrown out the door  >:(

Oh, no! That's horrible!  :o  :o  :o  >:(  >:(

Written By: Howard on 10/05/17 at 5:48 am

So, the other day I mentioned on the 'Have you lost a close relative' thread in TTT that my great-aunt died on Monday morning; her funeral is going to be held this Friday.

my condolences.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/05/17 at 10:14 am

Sorry to read that.  Condolences

Written By: annimal on 10/05/17 at 10:28 am

Oh, no! That's horrible!  :o  :o  :o  >:(  >:(

glad I got it all out

I'm going to be leaving in a little bit for Sack of tomatoes to see about my eyes.  I'm gonna show then this paper thing I'm using because it helps a lot.  This white box I'm typing in is grey white.  With it off it's bright white

Written By: 80sfan on 10/05/17 at 10:59 am

glad I got it all out

I'm going to be leaving in a little bit for Sack of tomatoes to see about my eyes.  I'm gonna show then this paper thing I'm using because it helps a lot.  This white box I'm typing in is grey white.  With it off it's bright white

Sounds like you have an eye/vision thing, going on. I'm not sure what you're talking about 100%.

Written By: annimal on 10/05/17 at 11:04 am

cataracts for sure.  I cant see cats any more     

Written By: TheKid99 on 10/05/17 at 11:43 am

Been quite a hard past few days with my mom starting chemotherapy, lots of emotions and fights, and feeling kind of alone I guess you know....

I seem to have no motivation whatsoever.

Written By: nally on 10/05/17 at 6:01 pm

my condolences.

Sorry to read that.  Condolences

Thanks guys. The service is tomorrow at noon PDT.

Written By: annimal on 10/05/17 at 10:29 pm

My doctors visit- all they told me so far was my eyes are dry.  I hope they can tell me a little more then that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/17 at 10:17 am

Sorry to hear this, please take my care and comfort with you for the day.

Written By: nally on 10/06/17 at 11:31 am

Sorry to hear this, please take my care and comfort with you for the day.

Will do.

In fact, I'm gonna be heading out the door in less than an hour, so that we can stop at the store to buy flowers.

Written By: annimal on 10/06/17 at 2:15 pm

overwelmed feeling morning.  I'm going outside.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/17 at 2:22 pm

overwelmed feeling morning.  I'm going outside.
Do you have Wi-Fi access in your garden?

Written By: annimal on 10/06/17 at 5:22 pm

what?

humming bird, cabbage white, loquait seeds to see if you collected properly and can get them to grow

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/06/17 at 8:49 pm

October is my favorite month and it goes by too fast! I want to celebrate Halloween bad this year, but don't know where or what. On the bright side I did see a concert on the 2nd earlier in the week, so the month got started off right at least.

Written By: annimal on 10/06/17 at 9:42 pm

^ do you like dressing up in costumes?

Written By: nally on 10/07/17 at 12:16 am

Will do.

In fact, I'm gonna be heading out the door in less than an hour, so that we can stop at the store to buy flowers.

The service went well; it was a small gathering (only 10 people, to be exact).

Written By: annimal on 10/07/17 at 9:43 am

Saturday Saturday  Sat ur day              wait, it's not night time yet

Monday I'm going to be getting up real early.  I get to go with a trainer to ride the bus to work and back.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/17 at 3:24 pm

October is my favorite month and it goes by too fast! I want to celebrate Halloween bad this year, but don't know where or what. On the bright side I did see a concert on the 2nd earlier in the week, so the month got started off right at least.

Are you invited to any Halloween parties?

Written By: annimal on 10/07/17 at 3:53 pm

cool! a cabbage white stopped and took some sips from my plumbago.  Some kind of shield looking beetle landed on the shade screen for a couple minutes.   

Written By: nally on 10/07/17 at 4:46 pm

Monday I'm going to be getting up real early.  I get to go with a trainer to ride the bus to work and back.

Good luck with that.

I'm also gonna get up early that day; in fact I've started to get into the habit of getting up a little earlier each day, so that on the 18th, when my family & I leave to go on our trip early in the morning, I can get up at 2 without too much trouble. (Our flight leaves LAX early that morning.)

Written By: annimal on 10/07/17 at 5:42 pm

I can wake up earlier then mom is trying to get me to wake up that she's trying to get me use to.  ready to list the bus numbers and the stops so I'll know where to pull the cord to let the bus know when to stop.

You haven't noticed I've been on the computer have you?  It's sad that doctors in modesto cant sugest some simple problems I might have.  I'm using this wipe thing on my eye lid.  I'm not having nearly as much as a white problem and the muscles around my eye don't seem to be getting sore.

Written By: 2001 on 10/07/17 at 10:41 pm

Can I ask why you guys begin every monthly thread with "white rabbits"? :P

Written By: karen on 10/08/17 at 10:55 am

Can I ask why you guys begin every monthly thread with "white rabbits"? :P

In the UK it is considered to be good luck for the month if you remember to say White Rabbits when you wake up on the 1st of the month

Written By: karen on 10/08/17 at 10:57 am

I can wake up earlier then mom is trying to get me to wake up that she's trying to get me use to.  ready to list the bus numbers and the stops so I'll know where to pull the cord to let the bus know when to stop.

You could also try and look for some sort of landmark, such as a particular shop/bridge/traffic island as well, in you lose count one day

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/08/17 at 1:06 pm

SIL is now here (to our relief). We don't know how long-probably months, which is fine with us.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/08/17 at 1:15 pm

In the UK it is considered to be good luck for the month if you remember to say White Rabbits when you wake up on the 1st of the month

I should try that the next time.

Written By: nally on 10/08/17 at 9:31 pm

SIL is now here (to our relief). We don't know how long-probably months, which is fine with us.

Cat

I hope she is fine with you guys.

Written By: nally on 10/08/17 at 9:32 pm

I've had a good day today myself. :)

Now to prepare for the week ahead... which will certainly include making more preparations for my upcoming trip.

Written By: annimal on 10/08/17 at 10:09 pm

plans have changed for Monday.  The bus training will be on Tuesday.

Written By: nally on 10/09/17 at 12:55 pm

Nine days til I leave on my trip!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/17 at 12:58 pm

I hope she is fine with you guys.

Yeah. The first morning, she said that she slept great considering some of the places she had slept in the last couple of weeks. Of course the bed in our spare bedroom is REALLY comfortable (so many of our overnight guests have told us). It used to be our mattress but when we moved into this house and needed a new bed for the spare, I told Carlos, "Why should our guests get a new mattress?" So we got the new one and our guests got our old one. And as I told SIL, sometimes I miss the old the mattress.

She also knows that she can stay here as long as she likes.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 10/09/17 at 1:02 pm

Oh hi I've been  16 anvils      whooh  what was that that I just got in my head?

Written By: annimal on 10/10/17 at 4:34 pm

hi today.  The bus trainer couldn't make it but I started my other training stuff. 

Written By: annimal on 10/11/17 at 3:48 pm

today I got to ride the bus to training and back

my mushrooms do seem to be getting bigger

Written By: annimal on 10/11/17 at 3:58 pm

fudge Youtube for making my video  impossible to get to 99.?% of the time.  My trainer was intrested in seeing my stuff and liked what she saw from two parodies of hebe's

Written By: nally on 10/11/17 at 8:26 pm

Yeah. The first morning, she said that she slept great considering some of the places she had slept in the last couple of weeks. Of course the bed in our spare bedroom is REALLY comfortable (so many of our overnight guests have told us). It used to be our mattress but when we moved into this house and needed a new bed for the spare, I told Carlos, "Why should our guests get a new mattress?" So we got the new one and our guests got our old one. And as I told SIL, sometimes I miss the old the mattress.

She also knows that she can stay here as long as she likes.

Cat

Good to hear. O0

Written By: nally on 10/11/17 at 8:28 pm

So today I went to the library to do some volunteering; I had a good time doing that. :) I won't have any time to volunteer at the library this weekend because we'll be busy packing for our trip. One week until we takeoff!

Written By: annimal on 10/12/17 at 6:49 pm

I'm out of it the training at the training place is great and no brainer right now.  The bus trainer does not seem to be mush of a trainer at all.  We where late on the first bus getting home today, but there was another one that came buy that stop a few minutes later.  You know she could write a time on a piece of paper so I can start making sure I'm ready to leave and walk to the bus stop.  Feels like she gives no consideration to the person she is working with. 

Written By: nally on 10/12/17 at 10:08 pm

I was quite busy at work today; I'll be even busier tomorrow. (Yes, this week I am actually going in three days rather than my usual two days; my boss and I arranged this schedule so that I'll have ample time to complete certain tasks. Next week I am only going in on Tuesday; I leave for my trip the next day.)

Written By: nally on 10/13/17 at 7:48 pm

...and today was also a busy day for me, as expected.

Written By: annimal on 10/15/17 at 1:26 pm

I just planted some sun flower seeds and cant wait for them to bloom.  They should look like this

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/17 at 1:35 pm

I just planted some sun flower seeds and cant wait for them to bloom.  They should look like this
Good luck with that.

Mexican sunflowers?

Written By: 2001 on 10/15/17 at 5:03 pm

Post pictures when they're done! ;)

Written By: annimal on 10/15/17 at 8:12 pm

Good luck with that.

Mexican sunflowers?

yes Mexican sunflowers, nice little bushes with more then one flower at a time

Written By: nally on 10/15/17 at 10:22 pm

That's good. I know my family and I should do some more planting, but we haven't had much time to do any. Especially with our upcoming trip just a few days away.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/17 at 9:57 am

Do they grow as big as sunflowers over here?

Written By: annimal on 10/16/17 at 10:02 am

well it's getting cold here to realy plant seeds or plants now.  I think to it might be smarter not to put anything new in the ground now at least until late spring.  That's just my thought for here in Modesto,  our two summers and know winter.  The mexican sage looks great and seems to be two feet tall already.  I'm hoping the sunflowers will do fine.  I may need to look at getting Mexican plants.

I've read the the bush fill be 3 feet tall by one foot wide

Written By: karen on 10/16/17 at 11:09 am

Do they grow as big as sunflowers over here?

It seems to be related to asters and looks like a cross between a marigold and a Michaelmas daisy

Written By: nally on 10/16/17 at 6:26 pm

We got our carpet cleaned today. This was the same carpeting that we had installed a year and a half ago.

Right now it is still drying out; hopefully we can move certain furniture items back before we have to go to bed tonight.

Written By: nally on 10/17/17 at 7:50 am

So this morning I'll be going to work... and when I come home we'll eat an early dinner and then finish packing for our trip!

Written By: violet_shy on 10/17/17 at 2:03 pm

So this morning I'll be going to work... and when I come home we'll eat an early dinner and then finish packing for our trip!

Ooh, where are you going? You probably mentioned it on another post, but I haven't read it. I'm curious!

Written By: annimal on 10/17/17 at 6:23 pm

yesterday I got my new hearing aid and am hearing Dream On right now  ( interesting it's this song right now).  I haven't had much time to listen to music, but can hear alto tone speech now and like I said, instruments! 

Written By: nally on 10/17/17 at 6:45 pm

Ooh, where are you going? You probably mentioned it on another post, but I haven't read it. I'm curious!

We're going to fly to Vancouver, and then get on a cruise ship and sail to Nanaimo, then to Seattle, Astoria (Oregon), San Francisco, and end in L.A. :)

Written By: annimal on 10/21/17 at 12:07 pm

Both bus and other stuff has been cool, but I of course need a nice weekend rest. 

Written By: annimal on 10/22/17 at 12:24 pm

So I look again at This Funny Or die place and decide to give it a try.  What the L did I just sign up with? 

Written By: 2001 on 10/22/17 at 7:25 pm

We're going to fly to Vancouver, and then get on a cruise ship and sail to Nanaimo, then to Seattle, Astoria (Oregon), San Francisco, and end in L.A. :)

Nice ! Have a blast :)

Written By: annimal on 10/23/17 at 10:02 am

It's scary with all the celebrity channels they first showed me , but Funny Or die wants the format of the video before you put it into YouTube so they wont be connected to YouTube.  I only have a thing of my tricks without the words, but maybe they'll take magic an mime.  I think I'm so lonely and my brain is just so out of it just doing all this training and not much else fun right now.  I'm going to just try to do some video stuff and see what I can do on my own.  I'll need to find a website with music I can barrow again if I can.  I got to reteach me how to do this

Written By: nally on 10/25/17 at 3:12 pm

So, I'm back from my week-long trip. More details on it later. I'm still in the midst of unpacking.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/17 at 3:17 pm

So, I'm back from my week-long trip. More details on it later. I'm still in the midst of unpacking.
It is good to see you back, I trust all went well?

Written By: nally on 10/25/17 at 3:22 pm

It is good to see you back, I trust all went well?

Oh yes, I had a very good time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/17 at 3:23 pm

Oh yes, I had a very good time.
Relaxed well, and took many pictures?

Written By: nally on 10/25/17 at 3:24 pm

Relaxed well, and took many pictures?

Yes and yes!

Written By: annimal on 10/25/17 at 6:27 pm

Yesterday some stupid guy shined a flashlight in my eye and stole my computer glasses.  I managed to find him and get my computer glasses back.

Written By: Howard on 10/26/17 at 5:45 am

good to see you back. :)

Written By: karen on 10/26/17 at 5:52 am

Yesterday some stupid guy shined a flashlight in my eye and stole my computer glasses.  I managed to find him and get my computer glasses back.

You make it sound like you were attacked Ann?

Surely not, just an over-enthusiastic doctor?

Written By: annimal on 10/26/17 at 3:14 pm

this guy was insane ;)

wearing my new glasses now that I had a night to sleep and could adjust to the new prescription.  I still have a double vision problem problem with them and it seems my mom is telling me I don't understand.  Fact- cover one eye ( whichever one) and I don't see double.  Fact- My left eye had been sewn up in the past.  My eyes don't seem to be lining up with eachother and one being sewn and one not is probably why there not lined up.  Mom will probably say this to the doctor now that she has told me I don't understand.

Written By: nally on 10/26/17 at 6:15 pm

good to see you back. :)

Thanks.

Today I went back to work and was very busy. My next working day will be Monday, not tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 10/26/17 at 6:16 pm

this guy was insane ;)

wearing my new glasses now that I had a night to sleep and could adjust to the new prescription.  I still have a double vision problem problem with them and it seems my mom is telling me I don't understand.  Fact- cover one eye ( whichever one) and I don't see double.  Fact- My left eye had been sewn up in the past.  My eyes don't seem to be lining up with eachother and one being sewn and one not is probably why there not lined up.  Mom will probably say this to the doctor now that she has told me I don't understand.

Glad you got your glasses back.

Written By: annimal on 10/26/17 at 10:16 pm

yes, got the computer glasses back but unfortunatly, the new glasses are too strong and don't make my double vision better.    I'm going to have to try again.

Written By: annimal on 10/27/17 at 11:06 am

think I'll be leafing for the eye doctor soon.  Mom looked through the new glasses a said she didn't see anything.  Very possible that the glasses aren't doing diddly squat for me and my brain was trying to do all the work.  I have money for one more try this month.

I'm also looking at my Christmas parody in which the scarecrow is trying to find out what it's about.

Written By: nally on 10/27/17 at 12:23 pm

Today I'm pretty much at home, although I will need to go out later to do food shopping.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/17 at 3:35 pm

It was time for my 6 month torturing.  :P

(Had a dentist appointment.)

Cat

Written By: annimal on 10/27/17 at 4:39 pm

I get to see if My brain adjusts to these new glasses and my time of now before I go back to training again.  I'm typing seeing my keybord all weird and like I said at lunch, I might as well be seeing pink elephantsd.  No Tetris right now.   

Written By: annimal on 10/27/17 at 8:24 pm

Not any better with my vision then this morning.  How does one train there eyes anyway?  Was going to plan to do videos not have double vision.  Well it's kind of late to be trying to do Long train running right now.  Just got called to dinner. 

Written By: nally on 10/28/17 at 12:07 pm

All right, I think I should tell ya'll about my trip.

Wednesday, Oct 18: We arrived at LAX, bright and early, for our flight to Vancouver. The plane left at 6:25, but we had to be there two hours early to check in. Once we landed at Vancouver (just after 9am), we had to go through customs, since we were going into a new country. Once outside, it was cold and rainy. So then we had a taxi take us to the cruise port, where we checked in before getting on the ship. Eventually we got on the ship... and sailed away at about 4pm.

Thursday, Oct 19: Our first port of call, Nanaimo, B.C., a city on Vancouver Island across the bay from the city of Vancouver. We got off the ship there, walked around to the various shops, and managed to get some good exercise. The foliage was beautiful, with most of the trees having multicolored leafs (which is how fall should be!).

Friday, Oct 20: our next port, Seattle. (It was cold there, but not rainy.) Since we were coming back into the States, everyone on board needed to go through the immigration procedure, which took a long time for those who wished to go ashore (including me & my family). Once we did that, we waited for my mom's cousin, who lives in the area. The cousin and her husband (who have lived in the Seattle area for their entire 45-year marriage; the husband even grew up in the area) picked us up and we spent about four hours with them. They took us to the Pike Place Market, where we walked around and saw what all was there...but we didn't actually buy anything. (The cousin did, however.) Then the five of us went to lunch at Ivar's Restaurant, where my mom decided to treat her cousin and cousin-in-law (i.e, buy lunch for everyone). Then they drove us back to the port; we thanked them for spending time with us; we got back on the ship. In the evening, on the ship, my parents & I played a trivia game involving song lyrics from the 1950s and 1960s.

Saturday, Oct 21: This was supposed to be a port day, in Astoria, Oregon... but after we left Seattle the previous day, the captain announced that he was going to cancel that port, due to the inclement weather forecasted for the area, and it would not have been suitable for the ship. So it was a sea day instead. I attended an Arts & Crafts seminar, in which I learned how to make paper flowers (it was a bit tricky at first, but I had fun with it). In the evening, we played another trivia game, this one involving TV programs through the decades; each decade had a different category, but for each one, we had to identify the television program. My parents & I, as a team, didn't get all of the answers right, but we actually won the game!

Sunday, Oct 22: Another sea day. By now we were near the coastline of northern California. Midday, we attended a presentation in which Pete Best, the original drummer for the Beatles, discussed his life with the band. (Yep, Pete Best himself was on board the ship to give a talk!) It was quite interesting. Later on, we played a Beatles trivia game and did fairly well.

Monday, Oct 23: San Francisco our last port of call. My parents & I went ashore and did A LOT of walking around. First we went to Ghirardelli Square (and got some goodies), but then my dad wanted to visit a shop in the "Little Italy" area... way across town. By the time we got back to the ship, we were very tired from walking around (we had already gotten 10,000 steps before we even got back!). In the afternoon I attended another Arts & Crafts session; this one involved watercolor paints. I learned a few tips about watercolors, and created a little masterpiece of my own. In the evening my parents & I played another trivia game: one involving movie soundtracks (a song from a certain movie would play, and we'd have to identify the movie it's from). We did fairly well on that one. The ship sailed out of San Francisco late in the evening.

Tuesday, Oct 24: Our last sea day, as we sailed the rest of the way south to L.A. On the ship, there was a cooking demonstration that also seemed to have some hilarious moments (specifically, from the chefs exchanging quips). This was also my parents' anniversary; they decided to have an early dinner (during lunch hours), so that we could watch Game One of the World Series, which was showing on the big screen on the ship. And we enjoyed watching the game, as the Dodgers won!

Wednesday, Oct 25: The ship docked in the Port of L.A. early in the morning; it was time to disembark.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/17 at 12:33 pm

All right, I think I should tell ya'll about my trip.

Wednesday, Oct 18: We arrived at LAX, bright and early, for our flight to Vancouver. The plane left at 6:25, but we had to be there two hours early to check in. Once we landed at Vancouver (just after 9am), we had to go through customs, since we were going into a new country. Once outside, it was cold and rainy. So then we had a taxi take us to the cruise port, where we checked in before getting on the ship. Eventually we got on the ship... and sailed away at about 4pm.

Thursday, Oct 19: Our first port of call, Nanaimo, B.C., a city on Vancouver Island across the bay from the city of Vancouver. We got off the ship there, walked around to the various shops, and managed to get some good exercise. The foliage was beautiful, with most of the trees having multicolored leafs (which is how fall should be!).

Friday, Oct 20: our next port, Seattle. (It was cold there, but not rainy.) Since we were coming back into the States, everyone on board needed to go through the immigration procedure, which took a long time for those who wished to go ashore (including me & my family). Once we did that, we waited for my mom's cousin, who lives in the area. The cousin and her husband (who have lived in the Seattle area for their entire 45-year marriage; the husband even grew up in the area) picked us up and we spent about four hours with them. They took us to the Pike Place Market, where we walked around and saw what all was there...but we didn't actually buy anything. (The cousin did, however.) Then the five of us went to lunch at Ivar's Restaurant, where my mom decided to treat her cousin and cousin-in-law (i.e, buy lunch for everyone). Then they drove us back to the port; we thanked them for spending time with us; we got back on the ship. In the evening, on the ship, my parents & I played a trivia game involving song lyrics from the 1950s and 1960s.

Saturday, Oct 21: This was supposed to be a port day, in Astoria, Oregon... but after we left Seattle the previous day, the captain announced that he was going to cancel that port, due to the inclement weather forecasted for the area, and it would not have been suitable for the ship. So it was a sea day instead. I attended an Arts & Crafts seminar, in which I learned how to make paper flowers (it was a bit tricky at first, but I had fun with it). In the evening, we played another trivia game, this one involving TV programs through the decades; each decade had a different category, but for each one, we had to identify the television program. My parents & I, as a team, didn't get all of the answers right, but we actually won the game!

Sunday, Oct 22: Another sea day. By now we were near the coastline of northern California. Midday, we attended a presentation in which Pete Best, the original drummer for the Beatles, discussed his life with the band. (Yep, Pete Best himself was on board the ship to give a talk!) It was quite interesting. Later on, we played a Beatles trivia game and did fairly well.

Monday, Oct 23: San Francisco our last port of call. My parents & I went ashore and did A LOT of walking around. First we went to Ghirardelli Square (and got some goodies), but then my dad wanted to visit a shop in the "Little Italy" area... way across town. By the time we got back to the ship, we were very tired from walking around (we had already gotten 10,000 steps before we even got back!). In the afternoon I attended another Arts & Crafts session; this one involved watercolor paints. I learned a few tips about watercolors, and created a little masterpiece of my own. In the evening my parents & I played another trivia game: one involving movie soundtracks (a song from a certain movie would play, and we'd have to identify the movie it's from). We did fairly well on that one. The ship sailed out of San Francisco late in the evening.

Tuesday, Oct 24: Our last sea day, as we sailed the rest of the way south to L.A. On the ship, there was a cooking demonstration that also seemed to have some hilarious moments (specifically, from the chefs exchanging quips). This was also my parents' anniversary; they decided to have an early dinner (during lunch hours), so that we could watch Game One of the World Series, which was showing on the big screen on the ship. And we enjoyed watching the game, as the Dodgers won!

Wednesday, Oct 25: The ship docked in the Port of L.A. early in the morning; it was time to disembark.
O0

Sounds wonderful.

Karma to Pete Best, who will be 75 next month.

Written By: Howard on 10/28/17 at 2:55 pm

It was time for my 6 month torturing.  :P

(Had a dentist appointment.)

Cat

regular check-up Cat?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/17 at 5:37 pm

regular check-up Cat?

Yeah, a cleaning. Everything feels great today. Yesterday, not so much. I'm good to go for another 6 months.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/28/17 at 11:40 pm

Yeah, a cleaning. Everything feels great today. Yesterday, not so much. I'm good to go for another 6 months.

Cat

Good for you. O0

I get those every six months as well; my last one was in August, so I'll be due again in February.

Written By: nally on 10/28/17 at 11:40 pm

O0

Sounds wonderful.

Karma to Pete Best, who will be 75 next month.

Thanks Philip. Yes, he is still remaining musically active in one way or another, which is great!

Written By: Howard on 10/29/17 at 2:39 pm

Cat

I go to both my regular dentist and periodontist, every 3 months.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/17 at 2:40 pm

Good for you. O0

I get those every six months as well; my last one was in August, so I'll be due again in February.

I have an appointment with my periodontist in December.

Written By: karen on 10/29/17 at 2:58 pm

We went to Cambridge yesterday for an orienteering event around the city and a chance to catch up with Elizabeth. The event was fun, though dodging around the tourists was interesting.

Elizabeth is settling in well, her course is very intense so she is really busy with that. She has joined a couple of clubs, including coxing a rowing team and of course the orienteering club.

Today James carved a pumpkin and I made some pumpkin muffins. We have both been on holiday from school for two weeks and are back tomorrow so we plan to try and get to bed on time tonight!

Written By: nally on 10/29/17 at 6:08 pm

I have an appointment with my periodontist in December.

Good luck w/ that.

Written By: Howard on 10/30/17 at 5:32 am

Good luck w/ that.

Thanks.

Written By: annimal on 10/30/17 at 9:31 am

cool,5:00 in the morning and my head is playing  Doe's your chewing gum loose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight?  Listened to Whipeout and something about diving down deep down.  I might want to be the big bad wolf in sheeps clothing.  Nothing to do with Santana

Written By: nally on 10/30/17 at 6:55 pm

Today was a busy day for me at the office; I am just about caught up with everything that I do on a daily basis... which is good because tomorrow will be even busier, being the end of the month.

Written By: annimal on 10/30/17 at 11:30 pm

today I got a headache from 30 seconds of my new glasses and I think Mom has finally decided they're too strong for me.  then a little after that, I felt like I was going to die.  Anyway, got food got rest feel great now and guess I'll have to take a pic of this chili pepper necklace I made. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/17 at 4:57 pm

It's Halloween, and to best describe it, not one Trick or Treater knoked on my door. I was well prepared with sweets/candy, and I have been left with them.

Written By: nally on 10/31/17 at 5:45 pm

It's Halloween, and to best describe it, not one Trick or Treater knoked on my door. I was well prepared with sweets/candy, and I have been left with them.

Sorry to hear of that. Oh well, better luck next year.

Written By: nally on 10/31/17 at 5:46 pm

Went to work this morning, took care of everything I needed to do; now I'm home.

I will not leave any porch lights on tonight; rather I will be watching Game Six of the World Series, hoping that the Dodgers can stay alive!!

Written By: annimal on 10/31/17 at 5:53 pm

purple coat on, felt choker I made, hat I made, will put on felt belt I made, yellow clip on things on my glasses that do actually help me see on the computer and everywhere else.  Juggling balls, gloves, fingernails, and a banana to offer to little boys.

Written By: nally on 11/01/17 at 12:03 am

... I will be watching Game Six of the World Series, hoping that the Dodgers can stay alive!!

And they did, although they couldn't score until later in the game. (Further details are discussed in the baseball thread.)

Written By: annimal on 11/01/17 at 2:19 pm

2 rabbits

Went to my training without glasses as well as coming home.  I am on the computer and it seems the light Makes the double vision a little worse.  Seems I do the best without glasses.  I still have to try all my glasses because I apparently have to know exactly what glasses I need this scent. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/17 at 2:21 pm

2 rabbits
Boo!!! http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/halloween/smiley.gif

Written By: annimal on 11/01/17 at 2:23 pm

who :\'(

Written By: Howard on 11/01/17 at 3:10 pm

only 1 rang the bell and that was it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/17 at 3:21 pm

who :\'(
I do not know why it was?

Written By: annimal on 11/01/17 at 9:50 pm

? it desufnoc

Check for new replies or respond here...