inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I am currently on vacation in Italy

Written By: Brian06 on 10/08/17 at 4:13 am

I didn’t tell any of you guys yet since I came back, but I’m currently in Italy on vacation actually. I arrived on the Sept. 25 and go back on Oct. 17. Has anybody on this site been here before? I was in Rome and saw Vatican City, the Pantheon, the Coloseum. I am going to Florence now. What are some of the other big things I should try and see while here?

Subject: Re: I am currently on vacation in Italy

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/17 at 4:20 am

I didn’t tell any of you guys yet since I came back, but I’m currently in Italy on vacation actually. I arrived on the Sept. 25 and go back on Oct. 17. Has anybody on this site been here before? I was in Rome and saw Vatican City, the Pantheon, the Coloseum. I am going to Florence now. What are some of the other big things I should try and see while here?
Wonderful!

My family have been to Rome, I have not. I have only flown over Italy.

Did you go in the Sistine Chapel?

Are Venice and Pisa on your itinerary? The Gondolas at Venice are very expensive.

There is a town near Naples (Mount Vesuvius) that everyone goes to, but I cannot remember it's name.

Take good care out there.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/08/17 at 4:37 am

Wonderful!

My family have been to Rome, I have not. I have only flown over Italy.

Did you go in the Sistine Chapel?

Are Venice and Pisa on your itinerary? The Gondolas at Venice are very expensive.

There is a town near Naples (Mount Vesuvius) that everyone goes to, but I cannot remember it's name.

Take good care out there.

I did visit the Sistine Chapel, it was amazing.

I’m definitely go to see Pisa, Venice maybe if I can make my way up there. I also want to see Pompeii, I think that’s the town you’re referring to right?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/17 at 4:47 am

I did visit the Sistine Chapel, it was amazing.

I’m definitely go to see Pisa, Venice maybe if I can make my way up there. I also want to see Pompeii, I think that’s the town you’re referring to right?
It is not Pompeii I am thinking of, my son has been there. It is Salerno I am thinking of, it has been used for a many a film location. Looking at a map of that area, you pass Mount Vesuvius to reach Salerno.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/08/17 at 4:52 am

It is not Pompeii I am thinking of, my son has been there. It is Salerno I am thinking of, it has been used for a many a film location. Looking at a map of that area, you pass Mount Vesuvius to reach Salerno.

Oh ok I’ll have to check that out too!

Written By: Howard on 10/08/17 at 7:45 am

Have you tried The Catacombs in Italy?

Written By: nally on 10/08/17 at 9:39 am

I've not been to Italy, but my parents have... and they enjoyed it!!

I hope you are enjoying yourself there.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/08/17 at 9:59 am

The Uffizi and the Accademia in Florence are a must!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/08/17 at 10:03 am

I've not been to Italy but it sounds stunning.  Have a blast!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/08/17 at 10:04 am

I haven't been to Italy but I hear that it's beautiful. Maybe, I will visit Italy in the future.

Enjoy your time in ITALIA, Brian! :)

Subject: I am currently on vacation in Italy

Written By: Dude111 on 10/08/17 at 11:20 am

I hope ya have a good vacation Brian :)

Written By: 2001 on 10/08/17 at 9:30 pm

I went to Rome when I was 3 years old but I have no recollection of it. :P

It sounds like you're having a blast!

I always wanted to visit Venice. It looks so beautiful and romantic.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/10/17 at 4:53 pm

I was only in the airport at Aviano Airbase and in the airport at the airbase on Sicily. That was the extent of my Italy tour.

Cat

Written By: Brian06 on 10/10/17 at 4:56 pm

I was at the Accademia today and saw “David”!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/10/17 at 5:04 pm

That's awesome!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/11/17 at 5:16 am

Wonderful!

Did you take photos?

Did you the tradition photo of your fingers pinching a certain area?

Written By: Brian06 on 10/11/17 at 5:20 am

Wonderful!

Did you take photos?

Did you the tradition photo of your fingers pinching a certain area?

Haha dang I didn’t do that!  ;D I did take photos of me and the statue though. I’m at the Uffizi right now. This place is huge.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/11/17 at 5:39 am

Haha dang I didn’t do that!  ;D I did take photos of me and the statue though. I’m at the Uffizi right now. This place is huge.
O0

Enjoy!

Written By: nally on 10/11/17 at 9:45 am

I always wanted to visit Venice. It looks so beautiful and romantic.

Hey, so have I. My parents went there four years ago and enjoyed it. I've also seen it on "Rick Steves Europe"; Rick has recorded a couple of different episodes there and he really takes an in-depth look at the place (as well as all the places he goes!).

Check for new replies or respond here...