inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have ya ever moved back into a house you sold years ago??

Written By: Dude111 on 10/12/17 at 12:58 am

If so how was it??

Did the house seem molested like lots was done to it you wouldnt have done???

A house we used to live in IN THE 80s now looks like crap.. The latest plastic windows,siding,etc..... IF I WAS ABLE TO AND I MOVED BACK IN,I WOULD TRY TO MAKE IT AS MUCH AS I COULD LIKE IT DID IN 1980 when we lived there before...... THE WORLD DIED IN THE 80s AND BECAME TOTAL CRAP....

Subject: Re: Have ya ever moved back into a house you sold years ago??

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/12/17 at 2:07 am

If so how was it??

Did the house seem molested like lots was done to it you wouldnt have done???

A house we used to live in IN THE 80s now looks like crap.. The latest plastic windows,siding,etc..... IF I WAS ABLE TO AND I MOVED BACK IN,I WOULD TRY TO MAKE IT AS MUCH AS I COULD LIKE IT DID IN 1980 when we lived there before...... THE WORLD DIED IN THE 80s AND BECAME TOTAL CRAP....

My old house that I moved out of after 2007 got new renovations and is completely different now  8-P :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/17 at 12:20 pm

Sometimes I Google my old houses (I lived in many over the years) and find that a few of them were for sale-and had pics. I couldn't help myself but I saved those pics. I found out that I wasn't the only one. My sister did the same thing. A few of the houses look exactly the same. There was one where they did A LOT of renovations and it is hard to tell that it is the same house. There are a few of the features that are still the same but very few.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/12/17 at 10:01 pm

To answer the question posed in the title of this thread:

No. I've had no reason to, whatsoever. We sold our mobile home in fall 2000 (after living in it for 21 years, bar the three months after the 1994 Northridge Earthquake) so we could get out of there once and for all, and buy a new house, which we have lived in for 16+ years and we are completely happy with it.

We also sold my grandparents' homes after they passed on... although the processes both took quite a while.

Subject: Have ya ever moved back into a house you sold years ago??

Written By: Dude111 on 10/14/17 at 5:17 am

Ahhhhh im so sorry about your grandparents :(

Written By: nally on 10/14/17 at 9:37 am

Ahhhhh im so sorry about your grandparents :(

Thanks... yeah, they have all passed on, but I was lucky to have at least one of them alive during the first 36 years of my life.

After my maternal grandfather passed away in 1985, my grandmother was not entirely alone, since her son -- my uncle -- continued to live with her until his hepatitis condition took a turn for the worst; he died in 1999, so then my grandma was all by herself in that house. As she got older, we became concerned about her living alone, but she didn't wanna move; she wanted to stay in that house. Finally, in February 2014, she suffered a stroke and eventually died from it, leaving us (my parents and me) to clean out her house and get it sold. The house is approximately 40 miles from ours, and it took four months to clear everything out of there and get it sold.

My paternal grandparents, on the other hand, had lived in the San Fernando Valley from the 1960s until the 1990s; however, in 1997 they decided to move out to Palm Desert full time... and lived there until they both passed on. My grandmother died in 2012 from Alzheimers, so my grandfather was all by himself for the next four years until he passed on from an aortic aneurysm. During the last four years of my grandfather's life, we became concerned about him living alone, especially since it was so far away from the rest of us... but he wanted to live in his own home, rather than go to an assisted living place. So after he was gone, we had to clean out his house, which meant making multiple trips to Palm Desert for the next several months... and due to distance, it took a lot longer to clean out his house than that of my maternal grandparents. Still, we finally got it sold earlier this year, so we NEVER have to go out to the desert again.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/17 at 2:04 pm

My family home and the house were I was born is now in other hands, there is now no chance of me moving back.

Written By: 2001 on 10/15/17 at 5:28 pm

No. Presumably, you must have moved out of that house for a reason? ???

Written By: nally on 10/15/17 at 10:23 pm

No. Presumably, you must have moved out of that house for a reason? ???

Good point!

Written By: Howard on 10/16/17 at 5:54 am

I was born in the house I lived in for 44 years.

Written By: karen on 10/16/17 at 11:14 am

We did not sell our first house when we moved out.  We kept it to rent out to students (it is across the road from the university).  After three years we moved back in temporarily for a month over the summer vacation.  This was to enable the house moving chain we were stuck in to move forward.

So there wasn't that big a gap in time from living there to moving back and we still knew what the décor etc was like as we had done the work.

Check for new replies or respond here...