inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite accents

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/20/17 at 12:26 am

I think this will be a fun thread! :)

Mines are the Southern, British, Australian, Valley/CA, Russian and the Spanish ones.

What are yours?

Subject: Re: Favorite accents

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/20/17 at 12:34 am

I think this will be a fun thread! :)

Mines are the Southern, British, Australian, Valley/CA, Russian and the Spanish ones.

What are yours?

God nearly all of those accents are awful 8-P

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/20/17 at 12:52 am

God nearly all of those accents are awful 8-P
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/20/17 at 2:04 am

My favourite accents are Scottish, Irish and English. To me, the Australian accent is "normal" and I speak it, so it doesn't come across as anything out of the ordinary. I like the New Zealand accent as well, mainly because of how the vowel sounds are pronounced (i.e fish becomes fesh) and their slang, like calling people "bro" and "eggs". :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/20/17 at 2:52 am

One of my favourite accents would haves to be RP British. South African accents are pretty funny, lol ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/20/17 at 7:09 am

British
Irish
Spanish

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/20/17 at 2:09 pm

My favourite accents are Scottish, Irish and English. To me, the Australian accent is "normal" and I speak it, so it doesn't come across as anything out of the ordinary. I like the New Zealand accent as well, mainly because of how the vowel sounds are pronounced (i.e fish becomes fesh) and their slang, like calling people "bro" and "eggs". :P
Nice and I see it's funny that NZers call others eggs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

One of my favourite accents would have to be RP British. South African accents are pretty funny, lol ;D
Yeah, they are! I have heard few.

British
Irish
Spanish
Awesome!

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/21/18 at 9:46 pm

With the right voice, a French and Latina women can sound great. Japanese is badass.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/18 at 1:50 pm

-British
-Irish
-Scottish
-Australian
-New Yawk

I totally understand that there are more than one British, Irish, Scottish & Australian accents (just like there is more than one American) but I like them all.

Cat

Written By: Lizardmatum on 03/01/18 at 5:16 pm

I actually really like some of the Northern English accents. Just think they're quite interesting to listen to as well as the south African accent!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 5:19 pm

I actually really like some of the Northern English accents. Just think they're quite interesting to listen to as well as the south African accent!
Northern English, as in the accent around Newcastle Upon Tyne? Or you are not being confused with Scottish?

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 5:36 pm

Northern English, as in the accent around Newcastle Upon Tyne? Or you are not being confused with Scottish?

Those people who pronounce book like booooook? :o

I faked RP once and I sounded 100x sexier so I'm going to go with that.

Also idk why, someone with a really thick Canadian accent always makes me feel right at home, very kind/inviting. My accent isn't very stereotypical, it sounds like standard North American.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 5:40 pm

Those people who pronounce book like booooook? :o

I faked RP once and I sounded 100x sexier so I'm going to go with that.

Also idk why, someone with a really thick Canadian accent always makes me feel right at home, very kind/inviting. My accent isn't very stereotypical, it sounds like standard North American.  :(
Can I guess it is Liverpudlian you like, as of the accent of The Beatles?

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 6:01 pm

Italian American New Jersey Brooklyn accent

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 6:48 pm

Can I guess it is Liverpudlian you like, as of the accent of The Beatles?

When people say Northern, I think Geordie.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 6:49 pm

Speaking of Northern though, I do like the Scottish and Irish accents :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 6:53 pm

When people say Northern, I think Geordie.
That is from the area of Newcastle Upon Tyne. In the UK there are a famous television presenters Ant & Dec, they are Geordie, and still speak that way.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 03/02/18 at 6:11 am

I was actually thinking more Lancashire kind of. I just like it.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 03/02/18 at 6:18 am

Speaking of Northern though, I do like the Scottish and Irish accents :D

Nice! Mind you a lot of people who like the Irish accent tend to like the Dublin one. Which I don't really like personally and can't understand! ;D But still everyone has their tastes I guess.

Check for new replies or respond here...