inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How come some people post as "guests", but don't create an account?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/25/17 at 11:13 pm

I've often thought this. If you go to the effort of creating a post on a forum, as a "lurker", then wouldn't it make more sense to just create a proper account, so that way you can receive notifications from people who respond to you and you can access all the features on the forum? For instance, my forum is only five months old, but it has received several posts from "guests" of the forum. There was even one "guest" who published almost 10 posts, most of which were several paragraphs long, yet they never created a proper account.

If someone "guest" posts on a forum, it must mean that they are obviously interested/like it enough to contribute to the forum. Yet, if that's the case, why not just create an account?  ???

Subject: Re: How come some people post as "guests", but don't create an account?

Written By: 2001 on 10/26/17 at 12:08 am

If you asked them, I bet their answer would be "laziness". :P

Subject: Re: How come some people post as "guests", but don't create an account?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/26/17 at 12:11 am

I often never hear from them again. :P

Written By: Howard on 10/26/17 at 5:44 am

or maybe they're not ready yet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/26/17 at 6:32 am

I feel that some of the guest are people researching online, and inthe00s comes up as an option to view.

Written By: nally on 10/26/17 at 6:29 pm

Posting as a guest used to be an option, but not anymore. A few times over the years, Chuck has enabled that option, but he turned it off a few times when it got abused. Finally, about 2013 or so, there were too many guests creating spam threads...and ever since then, guest posting has been disabled.

Check for new replies or respond here...