inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: December 2017 monthly thread

Written By: SkittlesCat on 11/30/17 at 2:03 pm

December is starting soon.
I thought I'd make one thread for december.

Subject: Re: December 2017 monthly thread

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/17 at 10:25 pm

white rabbit

Written By: Howard on 12/01/17 at 7:33 am

Wow the final month of 2017. :o

Written By: nally on 12/01/17 at 12:57 pm

white rabbit

Wow the final month of 2017. :o
I know, the year has flown by. :o

Written By: nally on 12/01/17 at 12:57 pm

Today we have a lot of housework to do, so I'm gonna get started on that pretty soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/17 at 12:58 pm

Indeed it has.

...and hoping next year will be more fruitful?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/17 at 12:58 pm

Today we have a lot of housework to do, so I'm gonna get started on that pretty soon.
I will be doing mine tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 12/01/17 at 1:00 pm

I will be doing mine tomorrow.

We have plans to start decorating our home for the holidays, but we might assemble our artificial tree by next weekend.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/17 at 1:03 pm

We have plans to start decorating our home for the holidays, but we might assemble our artificial tree by next weekend.
My son will help me out with the decorations.

Written By: nally on 12/01/17 at 1:06 pm

My son will help me out with the decorations.

Likewise, I am going to help my parents put up our decorations.

I always enjoy helping to decorate the tree with all the ornaments, finding places to put them, etc. Every year we get one new ornament to put on the tree, usually a dated one. (My parents began doing that in 1976, two months after they married, and have carried the new-ornament tradition each year since then.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/17 at 1:25 pm

Likewise, I am going to help my parents put up our decorations.

I always enjoy helping to decorate the tree with all the ornaments, finding places to put them, etc. Every year we get one new ornament to put on the tree, usually a dated one. (My parents began doing that in 1976, two months after they married, and have carried the new-ornament tradition each year since then.)
My son enjoys it too, especially now with my granddaughter, it will be her first in which the bright lights and present will take effect.

Written By: unicornic on 12/01/17 at 3:50 pm

My birthday is coming up!  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/01/17 at 5:57 pm

Where'd the year go? :o

Written By: Howard on 12/01/17 at 5:58 pm

Indeed it has.

...and hoping next year will be more fruitful?

I sure hope so.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/01/17 at 6:19 pm

Applying for many jobs as possible, and I hope I at least end up with one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/17 at 12:01 am

Are you trying for a temporary Christmas job that may lead to a full time position?

Written By: nally on 12/02/17 at 1:04 am

Good luck with that. O0

Written By: Howard on 12/02/17 at 7:37 am

Good Luck. :)

Written By: annimal on 12/02/17 at 10:19 am

I've gotten to pull my pants down in public in the past two days!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/02/17 at 10:27 am

Best of luck to you!  :)

Written By: annimal on 12/02/17 at 12:49 pm

okay, a little while ago I ended up leaving my wallet at home when I went to training.  Mom was going to take me to the bank.  So I didn't have my wallet and I wasted her time  me- opps how embarresing I left my wallet at home.  So mom thinks she has to make me this list of things I need to have packed for training ( anything I ever try to explain either she doesn't understand like she claims or she has her mind set that I'm arguing).  So she has to have her way and make this list ( ann she's going to have her f n way but sit back and enjoy the show.)
Cards I need to have in my wallet ok,  cash ???  I'm suppose to have cash in my wallet?

Mom claims she's not trying to white me this list to upset me.  Go ahead and get the spanking stick out to punish this kindergardener

Written By: nally on 12/02/17 at 3:03 pm

Went to the library this morning (to do my volunteering), but it was a struggle to find a place to park, because my city was having its annual holiday parade this morning! Thankfully, I finally found a safe parking space after 25+ minutes of driving all around.

Written By: annimal on 12/02/17 at 4:34 pm

It has become crazy here in Modesto with all the sales and stuff.  We got to the bank just in time before the massive line started.

Written By: nally on 12/02/17 at 11:45 pm

We managed to get our outdoor lights put up this afternoon. Just a few above the entryway and a string of colored LED lights around the front bushes.

Written By: nally on 12/04/17 at 10:17 am

I just received a confirmation message from the job application that I made last week. Now I have to provide them with some further details.

Written By: annimal on 12/04/17 at 11:32 am

^ cool

I've taken my shower and started my laundry

Written By: 80sfan on 12/04/17 at 2:04 pm

I just received a confirmation message from the job application that I made last week. Now I have to provide them with some further details.

I'm excited for you.  :)

Written By: nally on 12/04/17 at 5:00 pm

I'm excited for you.  :)
Yeah, and then there'll be another step in the process. I'll let you know if anything transpires with that.

Written By: annimal on 12/04/17 at 6:25 pm

finished my laundry, got some blood drawn, got a message that I'm asked to come an hour earlier for training tomorrow.  Our trip for my Dad's surgery is coming up.

Written By: Howard on 12/05/17 at 7:18 am

congratulations. :)

Written By: karen on 12/05/17 at 3:52 pm

Dai's mums partner passed away recently and we went to the funeral yesterday.

We went to Dai's mums house on Saturday and spent Sunday setting her sitting room back to normal. (Her partner had to have his bed downstairs for the past few months). Then on Monday drove for a couple of hours to where the funeral was. Then we had a five hour drive home (dropping Dai's mum home on the way).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/05/17 at 4:46 pm

We went to Dai's mums house on Saturday and spent Sunday setting her sitting room back to normal. (Her partner had to have his bed downstairs for the past few months). Then on Monday drove for a couple of hours to where the funeral was. Then we had a five hour drive home (dropping Dai's mum home on the way).

I'm so sorry. My condolences.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/05/17 at 5:36 pm

My condolences to you and your family Karen. :\'(

Written By: nally on 12/05/17 at 5:37 pm

Anyhoo... last night, lots of very strong winds blew in the area where I live, causing massive power outages during the night... as well as fires in the hilly areas. I'm not affected, but I know some people who do live in the affected areas. :o

Written By: annimal on 12/05/17 at 7:14 pm

mom just said we'll be leaving for La on Thursday.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/05/17 at 7:23 pm

mom just said we'll be leaving for La on Thursday.

Sounds fun.  8)

Written By: annimal on 12/05/17 at 8:37 pm

and hopefully all will be okay with my dad

Written By: nally on 12/05/17 at 9:47 pm

Anyhoo... last night, lots of very strong winds blew in the area where I live, causing massive power outages during the night... as well as fires in the hilly areas. I'm not affected, but I know some people who do live in the affected areas. :o

I should elaborate on this more:

There are four separate blazes going on in the general southern California area:
- The "Thomas" Fire (happening in the hills above Ventura, somewhat close to where I live)
- The "Rye" Fire (in the Santa Clarita area)
- The "Creek" Fire (not too far from there, in the north San Fernando Valley, very close to where I used to live; near the "CHiPs" interchange)
- The "Mountain" Fire (also along I-210, but this one is in San Bernardino County near the I-15)

All of these blazes are far from containment. :o

Written By: annimal on 12/05/17 at 9:56 pm

mom told me there are some streets closed and that will effect our traveling

Written By: nally on 12/05/17 at 10:01 pm

^ Yep, in fact, there are plenty of road closures around the blazes, as I've seen on the news. (Especially with the aforementioned Creek Fire. An 11-mile stretch of I-210 is shut down in that area.)

The "Thomas" Fire is also affecting much of the city of Ventura, with smoke being in the air. Evacuations have been in effect for areas that are directly being threatened by the blaze; this includes nearby Santa Paula, further east along Highway 126. I know many people who live around there, and praying they stay safe.

Written By: annimal on 12/05/17 at 10:51 pm

you know what else? when I get back, I'm going to try to get Santa in jail for giving kids toys full of  germs, not to mention getting germs in the house.  Children have week immune systems and who knows how many he could have actually killed already.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/17 at 6:33 am

I'm sorry for his loss, Karen.  :\'(

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/06/17 at 11:13 am

I'm so glad Finals are half way done for me!!! :o

Written By: nally on 12/06/17 at 12:13 pm

Good for you. O0 I bet it feels good to get 'em outta the way.

Written By: nally on 12/06/17 at 12:15 pm

There are four separate blazes going on in the general southern California area:
- The "Thomas" Fire (happening in the hills above Ventura, somewhat close to where I live)
- The "Creek" Fire (not too far from there, in the north San Fernando Valley, very close to where I used to live; near the "CHiPs" interchange)
- The "Mountain" Fire (also along I-210, but this one is in San Bernardino County near the I-15)

A fifth blaze erupted last night: The 'Skirball' Fire, in the Mulholland Pass in Los Angeles.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/17 at 3:08 pm

Good for you Eazy!  :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/06/17 at 3:10 pm

Good for you Eazy!  :)

Don't forget, the name's Eric Howard! ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/06/17 at 3:19 pm

OK, Eric. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/06/17 at 3:50 pm

Your name is Eric Howard?  :D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/06/17 at 3:57 pm

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

Nice one Cat! ;) ;D

Written By: nally on 12/06/17 at 3:59 pm

The "Little Mountain Fire", by the way, was reported to be almost fully contained.

The "Thomas" Fire, on the other hand, is still far from over. In fact, many people I know are affected by it; either they have been forced to evacuate or they already lost their home.

Written By: Howard on 12/07/17 at 5:33 am

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/17 at 12:09 pm

Up till last night, I did not realize how close you are, take care and stay safe.

Written By: nally on 12/07/17 at 7:33 pm

Up till last night, I did not realize how close you are, take care and stay safe.

Thanks; the "Thomas" Fire was reported as 0% contained on last check, hopefully we'll see more than a single-digit percentage soon. The winds are certainly not helping. There is smoke in the air from it, but it's not too bad right now.

Meanwhile, another blaze has sprouted up, in Murrieta... but that's far from me, so it doesn't affect me one bit.

Written By: nally on 12/08/17 at 4:52 pm

Thanks; the "Thomas" Fire was reported as 0% contained on last check, hopefully we'll see more than a single-digit percentage soon. The winds are certainly not helping. There is smoke in the air from it, but it's not too bad right now.

The wind has died down, which is good because then the flames can't spread. But the air quality is brutal right now. 8-P

Written By: 80sfan on 12/09/17 at 10:04 am

The wind has died down, which is good because then the flames can't spread. But the air quality is brutal right now. 8-P

I hope you stay safe!  :o  :o  :o

Written By: nally on 12/09/17 at 12:46 pm

I hope you stay safe!  :o  :o  :o

I'm tryin'. There is no active fire in Oxnard, where I live, but the active fire in Ventura (to the immediate northwest) still has smoke that can be detected in Oxnard. I am not going out today (although this evening I will be going out for dinner).

Last night the "Thomas Fire" was reported as 10% contained. So the firefighters are making progress.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/09/17 at 12:49 pm

Meanwhile, another blaze has sprouted up, in Murrieta... but that's far from me, so it doesn't affect me one bit.

I was watching it on the news. I hope you stay safe!

We have our first snowfall of the season today! It is still snowing as I type this and it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon. Did most of my Christmas shopping so far. I placed each of them under my Christmas tree!

Written By: nally on 12/09/17 at 12:57 pm

Thanks Jessica! We are doing all we can.

I'm not even going to the library this morning; I want to stay inside as much as possible.

We have our first snowfall of the season today! It is still snowing as I type this and it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon. Did most of my Christmas shopping so far. I placed each of them under my Christmas tree!

Ooh, nice! :D Wish we could have some of that cooler weather over here in California!

Written By: violet_shy on 12/09/17 at 1:18 pm

Thanks Jessica! We are doing all we can.

I'm not even going to the library this morning; I want to stay inside as much as possible.

Ooh, nice! :D Wish we could have some of that cooler weather over here in California!

I'll send you some snow!  :D ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/09/17 at 2:09 pm

I'm tryin'. There is no active fire in Oxnard, where I live, but the active fire in Ventura (to the immediate northwest) still has smoke that can be detected in Oxnard. I am not going out today (although this evening I will be going out for dinner).

Last night the "Thomas Fire" was reported as 10% contained. So the firefighters are making progress.
Yeah, it sucks what's going on here right now. I've keeping up with the news, and there was a report on the Lilac fire the last few days that pretty much destroyed Fallbrook and the surrounding areas.

Written By: nally on 12/09/17 at 3:03 pm

Yeah, it sucks what's going on here right now. I've keeping up with the news, and there was a report on the Lilac fire the last few days that pretty much destroyed Fallbrook and the surrounding areas.

interesting. Are you in that part of CA?

Btw, the air quality over here today is actually a little better than it was yesterday.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/09/17 at 3:11 pm

interesting. Are you in that part of CA?

Btw, the air quality over here today is actually a little better than it was yesterday.
No. It's more north from where I am.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/17 at 3:42 pm

just last night, I heard two more people had passed away, our cousin's husband and My Father's friend whom he always speaks to on Skype once in a while had died before Thanksgiving.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 12/09/17 at 3:43 pm

We just a slushy inch or 2 of snow.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/09/17 at 3:50 pm

just last night, I heard two more people had passed away, our cousin's husband and My Father's friend whom he always speaks to on Skype once in a while had died a few days ago.  :\'(

I am so sorry, Howard. My condolences to you & your family.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/09/17 at 4:06 pm

I am so sorry, Howard. My condolences to you & your family.

Cat

Thank You Cat, just hasn't been a much of a good week. :(

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/17 at 6:22 pm

just last night, I heard two more people had passed away, our cousin's husband and My Father's friend whom he always speaks to on Skype once in a while had died a few days ago.  :\'(

My condolences. That must be hard for you and your family. :\'(

I hope the SoCal people here to stay safe. I saw those fires on TV.  :-\\

Written By: karen on 12/10/17 at 10:10 am

Sorry to hear your news Howard

Written By: nally on 12/10/17 at 10:35 am

No. It's more north from where I am.

So, you're probably somewhere in San Diego County?

Written By: nally on 12/10/17 at 10:35 am

Oh no... sorry for your losses Howard. :-[ :o Condolences to you and your family.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/10/17 at 2:54 pm

So, you're probably somewhere in San Diego County?
Yeah.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/17 at 3:04 pm

My condolences. That must be hard for you and your family. :\'(

I hope the SoCal people here to stay safe. I saw those fires on TV.  :-\\

Thanks, it is hard. :(

Written By: Howard on 12/10/17 at 3:05 pm

Sorry to hear your news Howard

Thank You

Written By: Howard on 12/10/17 at 3:07 pm

Oh no... sorry for your losses Howard. :-[ :o Condolences to you and your family.

Thank You

Written By: nally on 12/10/17 at 4:20 pm

Yeah.

I've been to that area only a few times in my life.

Anyhoo, I had to go up to Ventura for church at noon (pacific time), and the air quality over there is better than it was a few days ago. However, there is still smoke in the air.

Most of the flames are further west/northwest, in Santa Barbara County now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/10/17 at 5:53 pm

I've been to that area only a few times in my life.

Anyhoo, I had to go up to Ventura for church at noon (pacific time), and the air quality over there is better than it was a few days ago. However, there is still smoke in the air.

Most of the flames are further west/northwest, in Santa Barbara County now.

I have been keeping an eye on CalFire website: http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

SIL didn't want to be in New England for the winter so she went out to Cal-just in time for the fires.  :-\\ She hasn't had much luck lately. Went home to Puerto Rico just in time for Maria and now this. Not too sure where she is right now (I think staying with friends in L.A.). My cousin is in L.A. & my step-daughter & her family are in the San Bernadino area. I also know that Q is in that area, too.

My thoughts are going out to ALL who are in the area.

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/17 at 5:53 pm

Finished my last exam, on elementary particles. I'm done with my Physics degree :D (I'm double majoring in Physics and Computer Science, I still have to finish the CS portion.)

Written By: 80sfan on 12/11/17 at 6:00 pm

Finished my last exam, on elementary particles. I'm done with my Physics degree :D (I'm double majoring in Physics and Computer Science, I still have to finish the CS portion.)

Congratulations seramony.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Written By: nally on 12/11/17 at 6:17 pm

I have been keeping an eye on CalFire website: http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

Containment is now up to 15%, but more areas have burned, with others still threatened. :-
SIL didn't want to be in New England for the winter so she went out to Cal-just in time for the fires.  :-\\ She hasn't had much luck lately. Went home to Puerto Rico just in time for Maria and now this. Not too sure where she is right now (I think staying with friends in L.A.). My cousin is in L.A. & my step-daughter & her family are in the San Bernadino area. I also know that Q is in that area, too.

My thoughts are going out to ALL who are in the area.

Cat

Yeah, Q hasn't been here in quite a while. I sure hope she's ok wherever she is!

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/17 at 6:31 pm

Congratulations seramony.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Thanks! Also, is that a typo or... what is seramony? :P

Written By: 80sfan on 12/11/17 at 11:23 pm

Thanks! Also, is that a typo or... what is seramony? :P

Ceremony?  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/12/17 at 7:24 am

congratulations. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/17 at 10:08 am

Well done, you can rest now?

Written By: nally on 12/12/17 at 5:31 pm

Containment is now up to 15%, but more areas have burned, with others still threatened. :-[

This morning the containment was up to 20% with 234,000 total acres scorched. :( I hope it gets put out as soon as possible; it's been active over a week!

Written By: annimal on 12/12/17 at 9:58 pm

I'm back from the trip and was concerned about my dad the whole time.  He hasn't come back with us so even though he seems to be okay now, I still want to see him home.

I was trying to do a new avatar, but My paint s pro is too old to do anything it use to.  Other things on my mind now that I am back.

Written By: nally on 12/12/17 at 10:37 pm

^ Welcome back Ann.

Written By: nally on 12/12/17 at 10:37 pm

This morning the containment was up to 20% with 234,000 total acres scorched. :( I hope it gets put out as soon as possible; it's been active over a week!

...and I just found out that the event I was supposed to go to tomorrow night was cancelled due to the ongoing fires. :-[

Written By: karen on 12/13/17 at 12:48 am

...and I just found out that the event I was supposed to go to tomorrow night was cancelled due to the ongoing fires. :-[

Tq posted something on facebook about being able to get free face masks in various locations to help with the smoke/poor air quality

Written By: annimal on 12/13/17 at 10:09 am

30 degrees here right now and the only plant that really looks droopy right now it the mexican sunflower.  I have lots more seeds if I do loose it.  Yup, see how much cold these plants take. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/17 at 10:34 am

Tq posted something on facebook about being able to get free face masks in various locations to help with the smoke/poor air quality
Good to hear that she is still around.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/17 at 10:34 am

30 degrees here right now and the only plant that really looks droopy right now it the mexican sunflower.  I have lots more seeds if I do loose it.  Yup, see how much cold these plants take. 
Welcome back!

Written By: nally on 12/13/17 at 11:07 am

Yeah, lots of people in the area have been able to pick those up. Even my family & I picked up some, in case the smoke gets further south/east. Also to use when we go into Ventura, where it all started.

Written By: karen on 12/13/17 at 11:23 am

Some exotic plants can be wrapped in insulation fleece to help them cope with cold.  Most plants can survive if they are described as hardy

Written By: annimal on 12/13/17 at 3:23 pm

They all seem to be doing good though.  It is usually a little warmer then 30, we're just, um, lucky right now.  Next year they will have gone through the summer and summer, they'll be warmer. 

Written By: nally on 12/14/17 at 8:56 am

Today figures to be a busy day for me.

Written By: annimal on 12/14/17 at 2:17 pm

my mom has gone to pick up dad  no mom at home for two or three days!

Written By: nally on 12/14/17 at 6:04 pm

Today figures to be a busy day for me.

I had work... but as soon as I got home I had to do some housework. We're having guests over tonight.

Written By: nally on 12/14/17 at 6:26 pm

By the way, with regards to the "Thomas" Fire:

Containment was up to 25% yesterday, and it's still emitting a big plume of smoke into the air. 8-P

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/15/17 at 12:08 am

I did pretty well on my Finals. Now I can rest in peace, no pun intended! :o ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/17 at 12:18 am

Well done!

Written By: Howard on 12/15/17 at 8:00 am

Excellent! :)

Written By: nally on 12/15/17 at 1:23 pm

Well done. Glad you got 'em outta the way. O0

Written By: nally on 12/15/17 at 1:26 pm

By the way, with regards to the "Thomas" Fire:
Containment was up to 25% yesterday, and it's still emitting a big plume of smoke into the air. 8-P

Last night the containment was up to 35%, with still no possibility of rain in the near future.

What's worse, a firefighter who'd been battling the blaze ended up dying yesterday. :\'(

Written By: violet_shy on 12/15/17 at 6:04 pm

I had to walk to the Supermarket today. It's a good, long walk to and from the market place. And there's this hill that I hate walking through. I made sure I bundled up really good, since it is freezing cold outside.(Yes, I walked in this weather...I'M INSANE! lol). I had no choice because the public bus doesn't go that way. Got to the Supermarket, grabbed my items and went home.

Written By: annimal on 12/15/17 at 6:29 pm

I went out and looked at my garden.  I'm insane too

Written By: nally on 12/16/17 at 10:27 pm

I had to walk to the Supermarket today. It's a good, long walk to and from the market place. And there's this hill that I hate walking through. I made sure I bundled up really good, since it is freezing cold outside.(Yes, I walked in this weather...I'M INSANE! lol). I had no choice because the public bus doesn't go that way. Got to the Supermarket, grabbed my items and went home.

Good for you! O0 I'm sure you needed the exercise.

If only the weather here could head in that direction.... although today it actually got cooler for a change. (That may or may not be helping to ease the fire situation, as the one in Ventura/Santa Barbara is now up to 40% containment. However, the amount of area burnt is still rising.)

Written By: annimal on 12/16/17 at 11:05 pm

thats out by where my aunt that makes the greeting cards is

Written By: nally on 12/16/17 at 11:09 pm

Oh dear; I hope she's ok. I heard that many homes/buildings were being threatened, and that Hwy 101 was shut down in that area. :o

Written By: annimal on 12/17/17 at 9:56 am

nearby not there.  Think she'll be okay

Written By: annimal on 12/17/17 at 9:58 am

by the way, my parents are back.  Daddy made it through the operation.  I think it was my fault for making him happier before I left.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/17/17 at 1:11 pm

Good for you! O0 I'm sure you needed the exercise.

If only the weather here could head in that direction.... although today it actually got cooler for a change. (That may or may not be helping to ease the fire situation, as the one in Ventura/Santa Barbara is now up to 40% containment. However, the amount of area burnt is still rising.)

That is awful. I hope no one is hurt I know many people lost their homes and personal things. I hope it stops soon.

thats out by where my aunt that makes the greeting cards is

I do hope she's ok!

Written By: nally on 12/17/17 at 6:17 pm

That is awful. I hope no one is hurt I know many people lost their homes and personal things. I hope it stops soon.

I do hope she's ok!

I hope so too.

This morning my family & I went up to Ventura for church and the air quality was actually bearable! No smoke in the air, but there was wind, with particles of dust blowing all around. Still, it was nice to actually be able to breathe clean air today.

Written By: annimal on 12/17/17 at 6:18 pm

there's something going on with my eyes that is making them seem sore when I go on the computer again.  That's why I thought it would be a great time to do some room organizing.  Think I want to practice my sowing a little more and make a joker hat and stuff that looks a little better then felt at threads showing. 

Written By: nally on 12/17/17 at 6:20 pm

there's something going on with my eyes that is making them seem sore when I go on the computer again.  That's why I thought it would be a great time to do some room organizing.

Good thinking, Ann! O0 It's not a good idea to spend too much time on the computer anyways.

Written By: annimal on 12/17/17 at 6:27 pm

I just think that after a certain amount of time sooner or later I just get too much computer in my eyes. 

Written By: nally on 12/17/17 at 6:31 pm

^Many people are like that. Even I try to regulate how much time I spend on the computer in one sitting.

My work also involves use of the computer (I'm an accountant), but I do get up and take breaks at least once every hour. Sometimes I even have to go talk with my boss about something... or get up to retrieve a printout.

Written By: Howard on 12/18/17 at 6:59 am

Good thinking, Ann! O0 It's not a good idea to spend too much time on the computer anyways.

It's always good to take a small break.

Written By: annimal on 12/18/17 at 10:01 am

I'm going to ry to fix up one of my joker things from the past to rest my eyes today

Written By: nally on 12/18/17 at 11:46 am

It's always good to take a small break.

I often do that at my work, as mentioned above. :)

Written By: nally on 12/19/17 at 5:38 pm

I hope so too.

This morning my family & I went up to Ventura for church and the air quality was actually bearable! No smoke in the air, but there was wind, with particles of dust blowing all around. Still, it was nice to actually be able to breathe clean air today.

Update... we have clean air for yet another day in a row, which is good. :)

"Thomas" Fire was reported as 50% contained last night, which is more good news.

Written By: annimal on 12/19/17 at 6:13 pm

It's cold and overcast
I want to know if I'm ever going to get tested or not
I'm ready to  throw out my beads because it's wasting my time and making me sick figuring out what to do with them.

Written By: nally on 12/20/17 at 8:57 pm

I am officially finished with my holiday shopping now!

(A couple days ago I thought I was, but yesterday I realized I needed one more item, which I purchased this afternoon. So I am done!)

Written By: annimal on 12/21/17 at 3:36 pm

I may be doing some training tomorrow.

I still dont have any comments on my video at funny or die.  I was going to leave a comment but I'm not signed up wherever

Written By: nally on 12/21/17 at 5:45 pm

Today for me was a busy day at work; then it took me at least 20 extra minutes to come home, due to an accident on the freeway that was backing up traffic for at least 7 or 8 miles. But the important thing is that I'm home safely.

Written By: annimal on 12/22/17 at 8:56 pm

I did awful on my test

Written By: 80sfan on 12/22/17 at 9:02 pm

I may be doing some training tomorrow.

I still dont have any comments on my video at funny or die.  I was going to leave a comment but I'm not signed up wherever

Training for your job??  ???

Written By: annimal on 12/22/17 at 9:33 pm

yup, a training test for my job that I might have for at least awhile

Written By: annimal on 12/22/17 at 10:05 pm

I don't know what's with your smiley, this is through the Department Of Rehabilitation so yes, there's training and a test.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/22/17 at 10:38 pm

I don't know what's with your smiley, this is through the Department Of Rehabilitation so yes, there's training and a test.

Good luck!  :)

Written By: annimal on 12/22/17 at 10:54 pm

I already ....... never      mind

Written By: nally on 12/22/17 at 11:23 pm

Training for your job??  ???

I see.

I was going to wish you luck on it, but then I saw your earlier post:

I did awful on my test

sorry 'bout that :-\\

Written By: annimal on 12/22/17 at 11:27 pm

a shame      got an A for awful

Written By: nally on 12/23/17 at 12:59 am

By the way...

Update... we have clean air for yet another day in a row, which is good. :)

"Thomas" Fire was reported as 50% contained last night, which is more good news.

Containment was reported today at 65%. The TV news also reported that the "Thomas" Fire is now the largest blaze in California's history. :o (Right now it's mainly in the Santa Barbara area, so there is no smoke in the air near me to speak of.)

Written By: Howard on 12/23/17 at 7:34 am

I did awful on my test

Sorry about that, maybe next time.

Written By: annimal on 12/23/17 at 10:18 am

whenever that is

Written By: nally on 12/23/17 at 12:20 pm

So far today, I've been doing housework. I will probably go out later on today.

Written By: 2001 on 12/23/17 at 2:58 pm

Signing out! Going on vacation for two weeks to Cambridge (Ontario) to my boyfriend's mom's place. It's going to be fun! I'll be taking two extra weeks off the Internet on top of that, just to give a productive start to the year. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone, and see you again soon! :)

P.S. I'm still replying to PM's, including the ones people sent before . I need to get to that.  :-[

Written By: annimal on 12/23/17 at 3:12 pm

too busy with my beads to have lunch

Written By: violet_shy on 12/23/17 at 4:33 pm

My sister is coming down from Boston! Makes me happy I love it when she visits. We're making her a nice dinner and then there are gifts.

I hope everyone has had a great day!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/23/17 at 7:26 pm

Signing out! Going on vacation for two weeks to Cambridge (Ontario) to my boyfriend's mom's place. It's going to be fun! I'll be taking two extra weeks off the Internet on top of that, just to give a productive start to the year. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone, and see you again soon! :)

P.S. I'm still replying to PM's, including the ones people sent before . I need to get to that.  :-[

I get why you call yourself Slowpoke now!  ;D

Merry Christmas and New Years!!! May 2018 be a great start, and year, for you!

Written By: nally on 12/23/17 at 9:55 pm

My sister is coming down from Boston! Makes me happy I love it when she visits. We're making her a nice dinner and then there are gifts.

I hope everyone has had a great day!

very nice!! O0

And yes, I've had a great day too.

Written By: Howard on 12/24/17 at 5:34 am

enjoy your vacation and see you soon. :)

Written By: nally on 12/24/17 at 5:03 pm

Went to church this morning for our usual Sunday services... and then we'll be going back up there later on for a Christmas Eve service. Then later on it'll be time for the midnight service. So this'll be one long day! (Thankfully we are not going back there tomorrow for any Christmas daytime services.)

Written By: annimal on 12/24/17 at 6:41 pm

Don't remember how long ago I first tried to start a Facebook account, but tried to start getting an account fixed up.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/24/17 at 7:07 pm

Don't remember how long ago I first tried to start a Facebook account, but tried to start getting an account fixed up.

I deleted mine a long time ago!  :o

Written By: nally on 12/25/17 at 11:42 am

I deleted mine a long time ago!  :o

I remember that.

Mine is still going, and I intend to keep it that way.

Written By: nally on 12/25/17 at 11:43 am

Went to church this morning for our usual Sunday services... and then we'll be going back up there later on for a Christmas Eve service. Then later on it'll be time for the midnight service. So this'll be one long day! (Thankfully we are not going back there tomorrow for any Christmas daytime services.)

So, the services went well last night. Now I am resting with my family at home... we'll open gifts at some point today. :)

Written By: annimal on 12/25/17 at 12:23 pm

recalled a song we sang when I was I'm not sure how young but probably around a teenager.  the guy that did music for the church would come in our sunday school room to do some songs with us.  In this song there was an instrumental break where 1 to 7 is said with the voice range up a little higher each time.  This musian could never go up to seven.

Shut de door  keep out de Devil
Shut de door  keep de Devil in da ni ight
Shut de door  keep out de Devil
Light de candle everything is all right  Light de candle everything is all right

Written By: violet_shy on 12/26/17 at 5:30 pm

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

We are getting frigid cold weather this week/weekend, and tomorrow I have to go out. Those of you who aren't so frigid, please enjoy the great weather!

Written By: annimal on 12/26/17 at 5:40 pm

cold nough too  better stay inside

Written By: nally on 12/26/17 at 6:09 pm

We are getting frigid cold weather this week/weekend, and tomorrow I have to go out. Those of you who aren't so frigid, please enjoy the great weather!

Thanks!

Regarding the weather, there's no frigidity here, so I'm enjoying it. :) Stay safe where you are!

Written By: Howard on 12/27/17 at 5:40 am

Yes, New York will be frigid for the next week or so.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/17 at 10:50 am

my mom has given me 100 dollars online and I have ordered some speakers for my computer for about 24 dollars so thats my present.  I know I'll need some nice quarter sleve shirts to work in when I start work, and I need to look through what clothes I have now.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/17 at 5:01 pm

tried all my clothes in the closet and made sure my stereo still worked.  Good old 60's music

I got to let you know I got to let you know  I got to let you know

Written By: nally on 12/27/17 at 5:03 pm

Well, a few days ago the CD player in our stereo unit quit working properly (displaying a "MECHANICAL ERROR" and making noises). So this morning we went up to Best Buy to purchase a new CD player... what we got was a unit that is a DVD/Blueray/CD player all in one. Hopefully it'll work out for us.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/17 at 5:10 pm

tape, radio, and CD still works for me.  Don't have any more tapes, just CD's

Written By: nally on 12/27/17 at 5:14 pm

tape, radio, and CD still works for me.  Don't have any more tapes, just CD's

That's nice, I'm glad your unit still works. We still have plenty of tapes, but haven't played any of those in ages.

The radio in our aforementioned "defective" stereo unit, still plays. (As does the radio in my unit, which I've had for 17 years. The CD player stopped working properly ages ago, and the tape deck will only unwind our tapes.)

Written By: annimal on 12/27/17 at 5:21 pm

I don't know how old this Sony thing I have is, but it still works and without my hearing aid, there are still songs I pick up, so I wont have to be buying batteries for my hearing aid all the time

Written By: violet_shy on 12/27/17 at 7:33 pm

Ok all, so this is how my day went.

There's this beautiful skating center Downtown from here. I have been meaning to go there, to go ice skating but not really sure since I have never ice skated before...yes that is true. I have NEVER been ice skating. The last thing I want is to be an amateur ice skater and fall down sprawled all over the ice skating area. This is why I haven't done it yet. I dread hurting myself and have concluded that it's not worth it. It's too bad though because it seems like a lot of fun! Well, maybe I will ice skate...in my sweet dreams!!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/27/17 at 8:50 pm

There's this beautiful skating center Downtown from here. I have been meaning to go there, to go ice skating but not really sure since I have never ice skated before...yes that is true. I have NEVER been ice skating. The last thing I want is to be an amateur ice skater and fall down sprawled all over the ice skating area. This is why I haven't done it yet. I dread hurting myself and have concluded that it's not worth it. It's too bad though because it seems like a lot of fun! Well, maybe I will ice skate...in my sweet dreams!!

I was like a bowling ball. I knocked down six people skating once, like they were bowling pins! Let's say they'll never talk to me again.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Don't feel bad, you're not the only one that's nervous about skating.  :o

Written By: annimal on 12/27/17 at 10:54 pm

^I cant skate

may have found a cousin of mine I haven't seen or herd from since I was who knows how long on Facebook. 

Written By: Howard on 12/28/17 at 5:48 am

good luck in the ice skating, it won't be easy but keep on trying. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 12/28/17 at 9:21 am

I was like a bowling ball. I knocked down six people skating once, like they were bowling pins! Let's say they'll never talk to me again.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Don't feel bad, you're not the only one that's nervous about skating.  :o

Really! Oh noo. Did you get hurt? I mean...it's ice!

I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon even though it seems fun.

Written By: annimal on 12/28/17 at 9:38 am

eye rest day.  I've been here and facebook all day yesterday.  See you maybe later tonight

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/28/17 at 11:00 am

eye rest day.  I've been here and facebook all day yesterday.  See you maybe later tonight
I get eye trouble too, and a rest always does me good.

Written By: nally on 12/28/17 at 6:02 pm

I have never ice-skated in my whole life. I went roller skating a few times during my childhood/teen years, but haven't done it since.

Written By: nally on 12/28/17 at 6:03 pm

Anyway, today was my last day of work in 2017. I got done everything that I needed to do!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/17 at 6:46 pm

The last time I went ice skating was when I was a kid. The last time I went roller skating was when I was a teen.

The big thing when I was in high school was to have parties at the local roller skating rink. There was one time I felt myself losing my balance. As I was falling back, someone grabbed my arm until I could get my balance once again. Once I had righted myself, I was able to turn to see who my "savor" was.  It was some drop dead gorgeous guy who I didn't know. As he was skating away, I wanted to say, "Come back, I'm falling again." Nope. He just skated off into the sunset and I never saw him again. lol.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/28/17 at 7:28 pm

tomorrow is a party with my music class.  I couldn't quite keep myself off the internet long enough to get all the way perfect, so I'm probably going to say good night tonight.  My Facebook page now has a hamend picture.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/17 at 8:10 am

Really! Oh noo. Did you get hurt? I mean...it's ice!

I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon even though it seems fun.

I used to roller skate but I tried to ice skate and I didn't like it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/17 at 8:19 am

The last time I went ice skating was when I was a kid. The last time I went roller skating was when I was a teen.

The big thing when I was in high school was to have parties at the local roller skating rink. There was one time I felt myself losing my balance. As I was falling back, someone grabbed my arm until I could get my balance once again. Once I had righted myself, I was able to turn to see who my "savor" was.  It was some drop dead gorgeous guy who I didn't know. As he was skating away, I wanted to say, "Come back, I'm falling again." Nope. He just skated off into the sunset and I never saw him again. lol.

Cat
I have never ice skated, my family has though, but I did roller skate when I was younger. The hall were I used to skate has now been demolished.

Written By: nally on 12/29/17 at 11:13 am

I have never ice skated, my family has though, but I did roller skate when I was younger. The hall were I used to skate has now been demolished.

The hall that I used to rollerskate at, is still around, but I haven't been there in 21 years. The first time I went there was in March 1989, when a 3rd grade classmate of mine had a birthday; I had no prior experience with rollerskating, but a friend of mine who was there showed me how.

Written By: nally on 12/29/17 at 11:35 am

by the way... the Thomas Fire, which started burning in the Ventura/Santa Barbara area three weeks ago, is now at 91% contained. Air quality has been good during the last week or two.

Written By: annimal on 12/29/17 at 12:46 pm

Love rollerskating but haven't had skates to do it with in a log time.  With roller skates you don't have to keep your ballence standing like you do with ice skates.

Got My pictures and all in my Facebook page after finally getting my password fixed.  Where did I write my Funny or die password? guess I better get that fixed.  Then I guess I can see about joining one other place to put my video. 

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/17 at 4:55 pm

I'm going to Australia with some family members and friends! We're going in April.  :D  :D  :D

Written By: nally on 12/30/17 at 5:51 pm

I'm going to Australia with some family members and friends! We're going in April.  :D  :D  :D

I'd like to see that part of the world sometime.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/17 at 5:54 pm

I'd like to see that part of the world sometime.

I'm excited! I hope you go someday too!  :)

Written By: nally on 12/30/17 at 5:56 pm

I'm excited! I hope you go someday too!  :)

Well... last year we did sorta make reservations to go there in February of 2018 (which is now less than two months away)... but we ended up cancelling said plans because of our various circumstances. It would've required us to be away from home for 2+ weeks, something we cannot afford to do right now. I can't even be away from my current job for that long.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/30/17 at 6:05 pm

Oooh nice! I'm so happy for you! :)

I have never been to Australia in my life. :o

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/17 at 6:37 pm

Oooh nice! I'm so happy for you! :)

I have never been to Australia in my life. :o

Me neither!  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/17 at 2:30 pm

Way cool. Never been there.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/31/17 at 3:56 pm

Enjoy, is this going to be your first time?

Written By: violet_shy on 12/31/17 at 7:40 pm

I wish I could travel more. At least to other states.  :P

Written By: nally on 12/31/17 at 11:53 pm

Same with me. I'd also like to travel to see more countries someday.

Written By: nally on 12/31/17 at 11:55 pm

Anyway, I've had a nice day on the final day of 2017. My parents and I have been playing a few games, and having snack foods. In a few minutes we're gonna play something else (not sure what). Then in two hours' time (Pacific time), it'll be time to ring in the new year!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/18 at 12:59 am

Way cool. Never been there.

Cat

I'm hopping like a kangaroo!  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/18 at 1:00 am

Enjoy, is this going to be your first time?

First time travelling, or first time in Australia?  :D  :D  :o

Written By: Longaotian00 on 01/01/18 at 2:43 am

Ever been international yet?

Written By: Howard on 01/01/18 at 8:08 am

Have you traveled to New York?

Written By: Howard on 01/01/18 at 8:09 am

First time travelling, or first time in Australia?  :D  :D  :o

this one. ↑

Written By: violet_shy on 01/01/18 at 8:18 am

Ever been international yet?

I have only been to Puerto Rico, which was amazing!

Have you traveled to New York?

I been to New York when I was a kid.

Written By: annimal on 01/01/18 at 11:27 am

what a night! going to bed at 9:00

Written By: Howard on 01/01/18 at 2:16 pm

I have only been to Puerto Rico, which was amazing!

I been to New York when I was a kid.

Have you thought about going back?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/01/18 at 3:16 pm

Have you thought about going back?

I wanted to go for New years eve. I would love to go to New York again!

Written By: annimal on 01/01/18 at 3:53 pm

holy cows---! I forgot all about the things I once did at soundclick

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1219408&content=music

think I'm just going to be singing and doing whatever I end up doing unless Joel wants to put all the stuff like this together.

Written By: annimal on 01/01/18 at 4:55 pm

while taking a shower I just had a song in my head that has a break that would cool to play on my harmonica.  It was an OS I haven't parodied.  lets see, my name at Soundclick is rocksann,  thinking about sitting on a park bench.  Been to long. 

I goota do something I gotta do something I        calm down Ann get a hold of yourself (slap)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/18 at 6:05 pm

this one. ↑

Yes, it's my first time there.  :)

Written By: annimal on 01/01/18 at 6:58 pm

just a wow I've been trying to do all these things this long and I want to do something and stuff.  I'm recalling commercials that talk about children born deaf.  Yeah that seems too bad.  Ever considered the late deaf?  especially the ones that cant hear because one of their ears aren't completely deaf?  Probably was 4 years old or something when dad was playing Amanda on a record and on his guitar. 

Written By: Howard on 01/02/18 at 7:27 am

I wanted to go for New years eve. I would love to go to New York again!

You have any plans to in the near future?

Check for new replies or respond here...