inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Get in your jammies, January is here!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/17 at 9:02 pm

:D  :D  :D

Subject: Re: Get in your jammies, January is here!

Written By: nally on 12/31/17 at 11:55 pm

I know it's already January on the East Coast of the US!

In just 2 hours or so, it will be on the West coast as well!

Written By: Howard on 01/01/18 at 8:10 am

Happy New Year everybody welcome to 2018. :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/01/18 at 8:59 am

Welcome to the new year people!

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/01/18 at 9:13 am

Happy new year everyone :)

Written By: nally on 01/01/18 at 12:36 pm

On this first day of the year, I will likely stay at home; not go anywhere. Tomorrow, however, is a work day for me.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/01/18 at 2:12 pm

Happy 2018 everyone!! :)

Written By: Howard on 01/01/18 at 2:14 pm

Happy New Year, Jessica. :)

Written By: nally on 01/01/18 at 6:19 pm

Happy New Year, Jessica. :)

And a happy new year to all! O0

Written By: annimal on 01/01/18 at 7:19 pm

hi

Written By: violet_shy on 01/02/18 at 2:15 pm

hi

Hiiiiiiiii !! How are you today?! :)

Spent the day with Lee today. We watched old TV shows from the 90s like Friends and Seinfeld. We ordered chinese food for lunch, which was really goooood! Only thing I didn't like about today was the weather. It was Freezing cold! I couldn't feel my face. But once we were inside it was all good.  :) I hope everyone's day was fabulous!

Written By: nally on 01/02/18 at 6:47 pm

Spent the day with Lee today. We watched old TV shows from the 90s like Friends and Seinfeld. We ordered chinese food for lunch, which was really goooood! Only thing I didn't like about today was the weather. It was Freezing cold! I couldn't feel my face. But once we were inside it was all good.  :) I hope everyone's day was fabulous!

Sounds like a fun time!! :)

My day was nice too... although I worked. It was my first work day of 2018. And I like my work. In fact, the 19th of this month will be my 2-year anniversary at my workplace!

Written By: violet_shy on 01/02/18 at 7:21 pm

Sounds like a fun time!! :)

My day was nice too... although I worked. It was my first work day of 2018. And I like my work. In fact, the 19th of this month will be my 2-year anniversary at my workplace!

Congrats on that Jeffrey! I'm so happy for you. :)

Written By: annimal on 01/02/18 at 8:06 pm

back from the storish

Written By: nally on 01/02/18 at 11:59 pm

Congrats on that Jeffrey! I'm so happy for you. :)

thanks!

Even though it's a job I enjoy, and it's part time, I still hope to find some additional work closer to home (and hopefully do that this year).

Written By: annimal on 01/03/18 at 11:09 am

cool, looks like the healthy potting soil I used had wishing flowers in it.  I get to blow wishing flowers all over the back yard!  Yeah, I'm just kind of in a lonely  something please happen kind of a spot and don't know if there's much I can do about it.  Trying not to be a passionate person in Facebook, Need to see how busy Joel is and or if I can do something myself.  I think I need to introduce myself by telling a clown to Move It On Over.  Think I do have a Sympathy For The Devil Parody. hamend has been too quiet and needs to introduce herself.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/18 at 3:27 pm

quite tired!  :P

Written By: annimal on 01/03/18 at 3:58 pm

^^ I could grow a tail and practice my bouncing if I wanted to.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/03/18 at 5:59 pm

Snow storm coming this way starting this evening. Tomorrow will be snowing all day. And it will be very cold!

Written By: nally on 01/03/18 at 6:15 pm

Snow storm coming this way starting this evening. Tomorrow will be snowing all day. And it will be very cold!

Stay safe, Jessica! :)

Written By: Howard on 01/04/18 at 6:06 am

snow is already here in New York.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 6:08 am

As this is my first day back online since last year, I wish everyone here a belated happy new year!

Written By: Howard on 01/04/18 at 6:28 am

As this is my first day back online since last year, I wish everyone here a belated happy new year!

Happy New Year! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 6:29 am

Happy New Year! :)
O0

Written By: violet_shy on 01/04/18 at 10:01 am

Just took this photo now. This is what our snow storm looks like this morning. We can't even see!

http://i64.tinypic.com/v5hbo6.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 10:45 am

Just took this photo now. This is what our snow storm looks like this morning. We can't even see!

bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Written By: annimal on 01/04/18 at 11:47 am

probably need to do a load of laundry or two and since I will be getting myself cold in the garage, do some things in my garden.  Like I've said, don't know if I'll still be in the same house or not I can pot some things growing in the ground I like.  There's this little round leaves plant I think is neat because there's not many plants with round leaves. 
everywhere they want to show you the flowers on things, but there arent many places you can actually see the whole plant

Written By: Howard on 01/04/18 at 2:27 pm

New York now has a total of about 9-10 inches how much did you get? ???

Written By: violet_shy on 01/04/18 at 2:55 pm

New York now has a total of about 9-10 inches how much did you get? ???

about 4 to 10 inches. Maybe more. I haven't been outside, I am snowed in!

Written By: Howard on 01/05/18 at 8:02 am

I was shoveling last night and it was such a pain in the ass with the heavy snow and the cold blowing winds combined. :o

Written By: nally on 01/05/18 at 1:09 pm

I was shoveling last night and it was such a pain in the ass with the heavy snow and the cold blowing winds combined. :o

Stay safe you guys...as well as everyone else in the northeastern part of the U.S.! I hear it's super-cold up there right now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/18 at 1:15 pm

The weather here is expected to turn cold again this weekend.

Written By: nally on 01/05/18 at 1:33 pm

It's gonna get cooler where I am, too... with a chance for rain on Monday and Tuesday. That's good, because we need some.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/18 at 1:59 pm

Stay safe you guys...as well as everyone else in the northeastern part of the U.S.! I hear it's super-cold up there right now.

the cold won't probably break until early next week.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/05/18 at 2:17 pm

They started cleaning the streets and roads today. But there is a lot of snow! It was very windy this morning but has stopped. I hope it will be more cleared up by Monday.

Written By: nally on 01/05/18 at 6:05 pm

They started cleaning the streets and roads today. But there is a lot of snow! It was very windy this morning but has stopped. I hope it will be more cleared up by Monday.

Good to know. I hope for improvements on your end as well.

On a somewhat related note... it has been a whole month since the Thomas Fire began (fairly close to me), but the worst of it is long since over, although full containment hasn't been totally reached yet. It's getting there.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/06/18 at 2:06 pm

Lol, my brother is such a clown! He's too funny!! Hahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/06/18 at 3:26 pm

The weather here is expected to turn cold again this weekend.

weather in New York will warm up but slightly.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/18 at 3:27 pm

sanitation didn't bother to clear the sidewalks full of snow so I had to wait in the street. ::)

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 01/06/18 at 3:36 pm

It's freezing cold out. It's 11 degrees fahrenheit.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 01/06/18 at 3:47 pm

I couldn't even feel my fingers until I got home to warm up with a hot beverage.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/18 at 4:03 pm

It is cold in London too, but as bad as in NYC.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/06/18 at 4:12 pm

I'm sure he is.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: annimal on 01/06/18 at 4:38 pm

well the Mexican sunflower still looks nice and tall.  Tried to do another cutting for a Mexican Sage.

Written By: nally on 01/06/18 at 5:48 pm

If you don't mind us asking...What did he do? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/18 at 5:56 pm

Good question?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/06/18 at 6:04 pm

I'm sure he is.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Y'all had to be there! He does these silly Guy Fieri impressions, he pretty much exaggerates and sounds just like him but much worse.  ;D He is a clown! Lol. love him!

Written By: annimal on 01/06/18 at 7:42 pm

think I'm going to sign off and give my eyes a rest.  My implant is off, thought I'd visit the sound of science again.  What? I didn't hear you mom

Written By: nally on 01/06/18 at 8:45 pm

Y'all had to be there! He does these silly Guy Fieri impressions, he pretty much exaggerates and sounds just like him but much worse.  ;D He is a clown! Lol. love him!

That's awesome :D

Written By: Howard on 01/07/18 at 7:48 am

That's funny. ;D

Written By: nally on 01/07/18 at 9:12 pm

Nice day for me today.

This week we will finally take down our Christmas decorations. We already started with the outdoor lights this afternoon; they're all put away now.

Written By: annimal on 01/08/18 at 11:24 am

I got a cold.  That explains my eyes acting funny.  I've been playing with my beads

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/08/18 at 3:14 pm

I've just been trying to get over a cold  that's going around everywhere. I caught the stupid thing right before Christmas and still can't smell or taste anything.

Written By: nally on 01/08/18 at 6:35 pm

I've just been trying to get over a cold  that's going around everywhere. I caught the stupid thing right before Christmas and still can't smell or taste anything.

sorry to hear of this. Hope you feel better asap!

Written By: annimal on 01/08/18 at 6:57 pm

Now I'm cold in the cold.  I needed some air in my room and I think it's helping me.  No necklaces, what you've seen in the past is me taking everything apart all the time.  I am going to make my patterns and throw all the rest of the beads out. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/18 at 4:19 am

I have been hit by the 'Aussie Flu' and have the aches, pains and coughs of it, and with the England being hammered in the Ashes cricket in Australia, it feels like a double whammy.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/18 at 7:38 am

hope you feel better. :)

Written By: karen on 01/09/18 at 1:20 pm

I was really ill at work today and was sent to the doctors. I am now waiting for an appointment for an ultrasound to see if I have gallstones

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/18 at 1:42 pm

I was really ill at work today and was sent to the doctors. I am now waiting for an appointment for an ultrasound to see if I have gallstones
Please keep well.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/09/18 at 5:58 pm

hope you feel better. :)

Starting to. It was weird. It felt like it was going away, then came back even worse, now feels like I'm getting better again except for a stuffy nose.

Written By: annimal on 01/09/18 at 10:23 pm

eyes tired feeling again.  Think I made two patterns I can make necklaces out of.  Just feel bla  Cant wait to go outside in some sun and no freezing air and get some exercise.

Written By: nally on 01/09/18 at 10:25 pm

I have been hit by the 'Aussie Flu' and have the aches, pains and coughs of it, and with the England being hammered in the Ashes cricket in Australia, it feels like a double whammy.

Sorry to hear of this; wishing you both a well recovery!

Written By: nally on 01/09/18 at 10:27 pm

As for me... I'm keeping well, even amidst all the rain that has hit the area yesterday and today. Sure, we need the rain...but in some areas near me it has caused mudslides and major road closures. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/18 at 10:31 pm

Sorry to hear of this; wishing you both a well recovery!

O0

Written By: violet_shy on 01/10/18 at 1:19 pm

Aw no. Please get better!

Oh hope it turns out ok.

Starting to. It was weird. It felt like it was going away, then came back even worse, now feels like I'm getting better again except for a stuffy nose.

I hope you feel better!

Written By: Howard on 01/10/18 at 3:04 pm

What are you taking for it? ???

Written By: annimal on 01/11/18 at 5:15 pm

Yup, back to feeling like I don't want to live.  I will be asking my mom if there are any options as of now I can live somewhere else with someone.  I seem to have no motivation to look back at my food stuff.  So here I am on the net playing video games

Written By: nally on 01/11/18 at 6:35 pm

Finally we got all the rest of our Christmas stuff put away... until December, that is.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/11/18 at 6:44 pm

Finally we got all the rest of our Christmas stuff put away... until December, that is.

We threw our christmas tree and ornaments out lol ;D Next Christmas we will buy a new one along with new ornaments.

Written By: nally on 01/11/18 at 6:47 pm

We threw our christmas tree and ornaments out lol ;D Next Christmas we will buy a new one along with new ornaments.

My family and I save all our ornaments each year. In fact, myparents have gotten a dated ornament for each year beginning with 1976 (the year they married). Since the 90's, we've gotten many "Puppy love" ornaments (altho not every year).

Written By: violet_shy on 01/11/18 at 6:49 pm

My family and I save all our ornaments each year. In fact, myparents have gotten a dated ornament for each year beginning with 1976 (the year they married). Since the 90's, we've gotten many "Puppy love" ornaments (altho not every year).

That's really sweet!  :)

Written By: nally on 01/11/18 at 6:53 pm

That's really sweet!  :)

thanks. 8) Sometimes in recent years, I have helped select an ornament. Case in point...in May 2015 when we were in Skagway, Alaska, we came across a Christmas shop, and found a beautiful ornament that we bought.

Written By: annimal on 01/11/18 at 8:08 pm

mom says that she doesn't know what she couldn't have done currently to get me so upset.  She still wants me to start working before finding me a place to live.  I'm not going to be working long if i'm still stuck around such a negative person.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/18 at 10:24 am

What are you taking for it? ???
Being a gentleman at heart, I never ask what is wrong with a lady.

Written By: nally on 01/12/18 at 11:06 am

Being a gentleman at heart, I never ask what is wrong with a lady.

that's good. O0

Anyway, today I'll be doing some housework, and going out later.

Written By: annimal on 01/13/18 at 12:25 pm

not in a good mood to post right now.  I know I'd like to see the sun,  I know I need to tell mom to work on getting me somewhere else to live.  Haven't taken a shower yet and might want to be ready to walk off and or take the bus. 

Written By: nally on 01/13/18 at 5:55 pm

Today has been a good day for me. Went to the library this morning to do my volunteering (I even helped a staff member set things up in a meeting room for an afternoon presentation); now I'm home. Later on I'll be going out for dinner.

Written By: annimal on 01/13/18 at 7:12 pm

given tears so I can tell mom I want to live somewhere else.

Written By: nally on 01/14/18 at 11:04 pm

Busy day (in a sense) for me today. After we were done at the church, we attended a preliminary "local election" meeting in which one of our friends from church is running for an elected position with the City of Ventura, and we came by to support her. :)

Written By: karen on 01/15/18 at 11:25 am

We took Elizabeth back to university yesterday.  She has already messaged me to tell me of three things she forgot to pack!

James has been doing mock exams last week and this week.  These are practice exams for the national exams he will take in the summer (called GCSE's) which everyone in the UK takes aged 16. (Harry Potter fans will know them as OWLs).

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/18 at 11:27 am

James has been doing mock exams last week and this week.  These are practice exams for the national exams he will take in the summer (called GCSE's) which everyone in the UK takes aged 16. (Harry Potter fans will know them as OWLs).

Known as Owl Levels?

Written By: nally on 01/15/18 at 12:21 pm

We took Elizabeth back to university yesterday.  She has already messaged me to tell me of three things she forgot to pack!

Good luck to them!

Written By: annimal on 01/15/18 at 2:28 pm

my eye muscles are acting up so I don't think I'll be posting much today.  Before my shower this morning, I wanted to see how long I could stay outside before dying.  Some type of plant had grown right against one of my Bied Of Paradise plants.  Man did the thing have roots.  Hope it transplanted okay so I can see what it is.  The stems are like hoses. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/18 at 3:02 pm

All the best for your little ones in all they do for the new year.

Written By: annimal on 01/17/18 at 10:06 am

another yucky grey morning.  Put away all my beads and a thought that's come to me more then once came to me.  I want to get rid of my furnature since it's too dam heavy of me to move.  One less thing for me to possibly get upset about although maybe just kind of silly.  Waiting another to turn on my phone and check my e-mail for any feedback on getting work. Kmowing my work scedule I plan on joinimg the art class or something so I can be around people.

Written By: nally on 01/17/18 at 11:00 pm

Today was a stay-at-home day for me, but I got a lotta stuff accomplished around the house. This mainly included housework.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/18 at 12:38 am

We have another storm due to hit us, but by the time it hits London it will not be so strong as the west of the country.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/18/18 at 1:59 pm

Is it just me, or is this month going by very slowly? I remember December flew on by it was so fast!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/18 at 4:09 pm

I have just notice that there are two Full Moons for the month of January 2018, none during February, and two again for March.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/18 at 7:25 am

Is it just me, or is this month going by very slowly? I remember December flew on by it was so fast!

We have 2 more weeks till the end of the month.

Written By: annimal on 01/19/18 at 5:49 pm

okay, appointment Monday to sign papers and I think these people are ready for me to pick out a time to start working.  First time in my live I'll be deciding on something for my live. Uh, wowsers

Written By: nally on 01/19/18 at 6:19 pm

We have 2 more weeks till the end of the month.
I know, it'll probably fly by. :o

Written By: nally on 01/19/18 at 6:20 pm

By the way, today (Friday) is my second anniversary of employment at my current work. (Today was not a work day for me, but it was still on this date in 2016 when I began working there.) :)

Written By: nally on 01/21/18 at 6:16 pm

Had a nice day today; nothing eventful to speak of, except seeing my dear friend @ church today. She's doing fine.

Written By: annimal on 01/22/18 at 3:11 pm

bus stop freezing see enjoyed it under my umbrella. 

Written By: annimal on 01/23/18 at 10:07 am

After I had signed my papers yesterday, I had this feeling I had gave them information so I can be a part of their harassment game more then anything else. I wont say anything to upset anyone but all this reporting anything stuff.  Anyone who says anything is pure evil I guess and needs to go to court and nobody can stand getting offended in the least bit.  I don't get it

Written By: karen on 01/23/18 at 11:43 am

After I had signed my papers yesterday, I had this feeling I had gave them information so I can be a part of their harassment game more then anything else. I wont say anything to upset anyone but all this reporting anything stuff.  Anyone who says anything is pure evil I guess and needs to go to court and nobody can stand getting offended in the least bit. I don't get it

Me neither.

What are you concerned about, Anne?

Written By: annimal on 01/23/18 at 3:59 pm

I'll need to report every harassment being said or I'll be fired for sure.

Written By: nally on 01/23/18 at 5:46 pm

By the way, today (Friday) is my second anniversary of employment at my current work. (Today was not a work day for me, but it was still on this date in 2016 when I began working there.) :)

And today I began my third year of working at this place. Not sure how long I'll be there altogether, although I do enjoy the work and the place; it's just part time.

Written By: nally on 01/24/18 at 5:30 pm

Went to the library today to do some volunteering. I haven't gone there on weekdays very often, but today I decided to. :)

Written By: annimal on 01/24/18 at 5:32 pm

forgot what I was going to say

Written By: nally on 01/24/18 at 5:37 pm

^maybe it'll come to you later

Written By: annimal on 01/24/18 at 6:52 pm

Now I remember, I had forgotten something

Written By: 80sfan on 01/24/18 at 7:58 pm

Now I remember, I had forgotten something

I hope you remember it.  :)

Written By: annimal on 01/24/18 at 8:02 pm

I actually remember now!  I'm going to fill my garden with sunflowers.  The serious problem I'm having is I cant find pictures of sunflowers.

Written By: annimal on 01/24/18 at 9:34 pm

isn't anybody going to help this poor Ann?

Written By: nally on 01/27/18 at 11:28 am

Yesterday I did plenty of housework, and later went out for food shopping. Tonight I'm probably going to cook dinner, doing most of the work myself.

Written By: annimal on 01/27/18 at 3:52 pm

Hi Im sore arm and hand.  Think I better go now.

Written By: nally on 01/29/18 at 12:11 am

^sorry 'bout that.

Today (Sunday) was a good day for me. :) Tomorrow it's back to the job hunt (in a sense).

Written By: annimal on 01/29/18 at 10:12 am

put my computer on my cart and positioned it so I wont have my wrist on the computer or table.  My fingers get tired first so T can just take a little break and  be fine.  I'm forcing myself to use my touch pad.

cool, the sugar water helps the butterfly's wings.  The salt is for sodium and it gives the male butterfly's strength and help with mateing but if you give them a bunch of sodium it will shorten their live.

Written By: nally on 01/30/18 at 12:13 am

So, I was at home all day today. (Didn't have to go anywhere, which I suppose can be good in a sense.) Started feeling a bit crummy in the afternoon (lightheadedness), but felt better once I ate a good dinner.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/30/18 at 11:36 am

Just to let people know, I got another job on Saturday :)

Written By: annimal on 01/30/18 at 11:47 am

yuck yuck yuck yuck  yucky day

Written By: karen on 01/30/18 at 2:35 pm

Congratulations. What will you be doing?

yuck yuck yuck yuck  yucky day

Sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you Anne

Written By: Howard on 01/30/18 at 2:45 pm

congratulations, What will you be doing? :)

Written By: nally on 01/30/18 at 5:44 pm

Way to go dude. O0

Written By: annimal on 01/30/18 at 7:22 pm

I get to start working with food on Monday.  Got my med and some beads and seeds  and sponges and

Written By: 80sfan on 01/30/18 at 8:17 pm

Way to go.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/31/18 at 6:58 am

Way to go.
Thank you!

Written By: nally on 01/31/18 at 7:12 pm

Thank you!

Can you tell us anything about what you'll be doing, what kind of position it is, or anything of the like?

Written By: annimal on 02/01/18 at 10:45 am

taking the bus down town to get my bus pass for next month then putting my seeds in the ground,  Thin having Chinese food for dinner

Check for new replies or respond here...