inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: All About April thread for 2018

Written By: nally on 04/01/18 at 1:13 am

Happy April! http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/smiley.gif

This time, no pun intended with "White rabbits" http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/cheesy.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/cheesy.gif

Subject: Re: All About April thread for 2018

Written By: Wobo on 04/01/18 at 2:09 am

I'm liking the Easter emojis.  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/01/18 at 8:21 am

Happy April! http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/smiley.gif

This time, no pun intended with "White rabbits" http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/cheesy.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/cheesy.gif

Happy April. :)

Written By: unicornic on 04/01/18 at 8:29 am

Happy April everyone! http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/smiley.gif

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/01/18 at 11:27 am

Happy Easter to all.  :D

Written By: annimal on 04/01/18 at 12:55 pm

The white rabbit!

Written By: Wobo on 04/01/18 at 12:57 pm

What I'm doing in April is I'm moving on the 11th.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/01/18 at 2:16 pm

Happy Easter!  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/01/18 at 2:17 pm

Good luck with your move!  :)

Written By: nally on 04/01/18 at 2:40 pm

Good luck w/ that!

Written By: nally on 04/01/18 at 2:41 pm

Happy Easter!  :)

O0

In the morning my parents & I went to church for the 9am service, and then out to our favorite restaurant for Easter brunch. Now we are home and ready to relax. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/01/18 at 3:22 pm

My Mother's birthday is this Wednesday. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/01/18 at 3:23 pm

Good Luck.

Written By: nally on 04/01/18 at 3:30 pm

My Mother's birthday is this Wednesday. :)

Nice... my dad has a birthday a week from tomorrow (that is, next Monday).

Written By: annimal on 04/01/18 at 5:09 pm

my dad has a Birthday coming up too

Written By: Lyndialy on 04/01/18 at 7:41 pm

Today for Easter I went to my cousin's party for an Egg Hunt. Each egg had a candy inside them. I caught about 20 eggs, then afterwards we ate our candy.

Written By: annimal on 04/01/18 at 9:44 pm

one is the boringest number you can juggle to

Written By: nally on 04/02/18 at 11:38 am

Today will likely be a stay-at-home day for me; sometime today we're gonna get our heater and air conditioner serviced (the guys will be coming over sometime within the next 2 1/2 hours).

Written By: annimal on 04/02/18 at 1:42 pm

there's too much grass in my garden box

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/18 at 2:45 pm

Today will likely be a stay-at-home day for me; sometime today we're gonna get our heater and air conditioner serviced (the guys will be coming over sometime within the next 2 1/2 hours).
It has been a stay at home day for me too, I feel too exhausted from the days of looking after chasing my granddaughter.

Written By: nally on 04/02/18 at 4:54 pm

It has been a stay at home day for me too, I feel too exhausted from the days of looking after chasing my granddaughter.

Oh, she visited again? How nice. :)

The guy from the heating company arrived on time this morning, and all is well with our heater and air conditioner, although he said that one or more parts may need replacing by next year.

Written By: karen on 04/03/18 at 3:07 am

The Easter weekend was a busy one for us.  There is always a big orienteering competition at Easter.  This year it was reasonably close to us so we stayed at home and drove across every day.

Friday was a sprint course around an army barracks.  We all did ok, but no prizes. Afterwards we picked up Elizabeth, she had been on a field trip as part of her earth sciences course.

Saturday was middle distance day.  I didn't like the area particularly - it was brambley underfoot and very damp and slippery.  I finished in last place in my age group.  :-\\

On Sunday we were in a different area that I liked much better.  I was actually quicker overall even though my course was longer!  It was very muddy, I saw two people who gone in a marsh up to their waist.

On Monday it was a relay day.  Only Dai and Elizabeth went across to this.  I went instead to a village nearby to do some Morris dancing at their Easter market.  It had been rearranged to be held indoors as the weather was poor, so we ended up dancing on a stage.

Written By: nally on 04/03/18 at 6:45 pm

Today was a work day for me. (I'm back to my regular working schedule for now, with Tuesday and Thursday being my normal work days.)

Written By: Wobo on 04/03/18 at 9:17 pm

Also my baby cousins birthday is April 17th she'll turn 4.  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/04/18 at 7:48 am

that's wonderful. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/18 at 7:57 am

O0

I am looking forward for my granddaughter to be that age, you can hold a conversation then.

Written By: nally on 04/04/18 at 11:38 am

Happy birthday two weeks early to your baby cousin.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/18 at 12:46 pm

O0

I am looking forward for my granddaughter to be that age, you can hold a conversation then.
I have been told she will be here tonight, and for tomorrow.

Written By: annimal on 04/04/18 at 6:45 pm

New garden ideas  don't  do garden work now , you have work tomorrow, but off on Friday.

Written By: nally on 04/05/18 at 5:57 pm

I have been told she will be here tonight, and for tomorrow.

Have a good time!

Written By: nally on 04/05/18 at 5:58 pm

Anyways... today at work I felt an earthquake! It was centered in the Pacific Ocean, near Santa Cruz Island (one of the "Channel Islands" off the coast of California, northwest of L.A.). :o Magnitude was 5.3, no serious damage reported anywhere.

Written By: annimal on 04/05/18 at 6:04 pm

I finished work early and was let out earlier and caught an earlier bus that got me down town earlier so I got on an earlier bus to take me home.

Written By: meesa on 04/05/18 at 6:30 pm

I had a phone interview with a new prospective employer, went really well. I have a face to face meeting with the director and two managers on the 18th, but it is in St Louis, so going to drive there 17th, stay overnight (they are paying for the stay and reimbursing my mileage-a good sign), and interview/meet and learn more about the company next day. Really excited, it's an established company that is starting to really spread out and grow in my particular field, and only getting bigger! Getting in at the relative beginning of the growth, being part of building something would be refreshing, and I would actually use my skill set. Best part? It is work at home.  :) I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

Written By: meesa on 04/05/18 at 6:32 pm

Anyways... today at work I felt an earthquake! It was centered in the Pacific Ocean, near Santa Cruz Island (one of the "Channel Islands" off the coast of California, northwest of L.A.). :o Magnitude was 5.3, no serious damage reported anywhere.

Not gonna lie, if I felt an earthquake like that I would freak out! Glad that it wasn't serious!

Written By: nally on 04/05/18 at 6:33 pm

Not gonna lie, if I felt an earthquake like that I would freak out! Glad that it wasn't serious!

Well, I did feel the shaking in my office, which is in Agoura. I was just finishing up eating lunch at the time.

Written By: nally on 04/05/18 at 6:34 pm

I had a phone interview with a new prospective employer, went really well. I have a face to face meeting with the director and two managers on the 18th, but it is in St Louis, so going to drive there 17th, stay overnight (they are paying for the stay and reimbursing my mileage-a good sign), and interview/meet and learn more about the company next day. Really excited, it's an established company that is starting to really spread out and grow in my particular field, and only getting bigger! Getting in at the relative beginning of the growth, being part of building something would be refreshing, and I would actually use my skill set. Best part? It is work at home.  :) I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

Good luck with that! I hope it all goes well for ya! O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/05/18 at 6:49 pm

Fingers crossed.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/05/18 at 6:54 pm

I heard there was a 6.something off the Philippians. There seems to be a few today.

You & me, both. When I was in Greece, we had a few 5.something quakes and man, it was SCARY!!!!

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/18 at 4:06 am

I heard there was a 6.something off the Philippians. There seems to be a few today.

You & me, both. When I was in Greece, we had a few 5.something quakes and man, it was SCARY!!!!

Cat
I felt two earthquakes when I was in The Philippines during my long stay there, and it is feeling I do not wish to feel again.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/18 at 4:09 am

Yesterday was a wonderful day spent with family and friends, we were able to take a walk in a park, and in a children's play area, which my granddaughter did not want to leave.

Written By: Howard on 04/06/18 at 6:02 am

Thank God, you're alright. :o

Written By: Howard on 04/06/18 at 6:03 am

Good Luck meesa. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/18 at 6:11 am

Good luck!

Written By: nally on 04/06/18 at 12:27 pm

I felt two earthquakes when I was in The Philippines during my long stay there, and it is feeling I do not wish to feel again.

Most of us in California could say the same thing, but that's kinda how it is when you're close to a fault line (and other minor ones) in the ground. :o Still, after experiencing a powerful quake in 1994, I sure hope to not have to go through it again (but it could happen).

Written By: nally on 04/06/18 at 12:28 pm

Thank God, you're alright. :o

Oh yes, we're all perfectly fine, thank you. My mom even texted me shortly after it occurred to make sure I was ok.

Yesterday was a wonderful day spent with family and friends, we were able to take a walk in a park, and in a children's play area, which my granddaughter did not want to leave.

Nice!! O0 :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/06/18 at 2:00 pm

Most of us in California could say the same thing, but that's kinda how it is when you're close to a fault line (and other minor ones) in the ground. :o Still, after experiencing a powerful quake in 1994, I sure hope to not have to go through it again (but it could happen).

This is one of the reasons why I hate California. Of course earthquakes can happen anywhere. We have them here from time to time but they are very deep so there isn't too much damage-unlike where you are on the faults and they are on top so there is a lot of damage.

Oklahoma City has been getting hit with A LOT of earthquakes lately thanks to fracking.  ::)  Vermont outlawed it so there isn't any fracking here.

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/07/18 at 12:04 am

So, tomorrow (Saturday) we are finally going to get together with my mom's cousin. (Last month we originally made plans to do so, but he got sick.) So I'll be offline for a good part of the day.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/18 at 12:17 am

So, tomorrow (Saturday) we are finally going to get together with my mom's cousin. (Last month we originally made plans to do so, but he got sick.) So I'll be offline for a good part of the day.
Take care with your day, and enjoy, trusting that your cousin is better?

Written By: nally on 04/07/18 at 12:19 am

Take care with your day, and enjoy, trusting that your cousin is better?

He is, according to my mom's communications with him. He lives in San Clemente (south end of Orange County), and we're going to meet him and his wife at a restaurant in Marina Del Rey (just north of LAX... in fact, the same place where we took our out-of-town friends earlier this year).

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/18 at 12:24 am

He is, according to my mom's communications with him. He lives in San Clemente (south end of Orange County), and we're going to meet him and his wife at a restaurant in Marina Del Rey (just north of LAX... in fact, the same place where we took our out-of-town friends earlier this year).
O0

Written By: nally on 04/07/18 at 10:25 am

O0

Yep, we're meeting him at noon Pacific time, which is 3 1/2 hours from now...and we'd like to be out of the house by about 10am (cuz you never know what the traffic's gonna be like), so I'll be getting ready to go fairly soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/18 at 11:09 am

Yep, we're meeting him at noon Pacific time, which is 3 1/2 hours from now...and we'd like to be out of the house by about 10am (cuz you never know what the traffic's gonna be like), so I'll be getting ready to go fairly soon.
I can remember the traffic well, some days we flew through, other days it was gridlock, and on a freeway, there was no chance of turning off.

Written By: nally on 04/07/18 at 6:46 pm

I can remember the traffic well, some days we flew through, other days it was gridlock, and on a freeway, there was no chance of turning off.

Yep, that's typical for So-Cal freeways.

By the way, we encountered congested traffic (as expected) and we actually got to our destination right at noon. The cousin and his wife showed up in their car just a few seconds later!

And we had a good time visiting. Spent two hours in the restaurant, and then headed for home.

Written By: graciee on 04/07/18 at 8:23 pm

My April 2018 is very good. I can not believe that it is April! The year go by too fast T-T

Written By: annimal on 04/07/18 at 8:26 pm

I cant believe it's still raining here. 

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/07/18 at 8:28 pm

Yep. That's how you know early 2020's culture is coming.

Written By: nally on 04/08/18 at 10:21 pm

We didn't get any of it this time around. In fact, it was beautiful & sunny where I was today. :)

Written By: nally on 04/09/18 at 2:32 pm

So, today is my dad's birthday; we're going to take him out for dinner tonight.

This morning we had cake (my mom baked it last night).

Written By: karen on 04/09/18 at 5:17 pm

I spent the weekend with Dai in our new house.  Although it doesn't quite feel like my house as I will mostly be living in the old house and Dai will be in the new place during the week because of his new job.

We picked up the keys on Friday lunchtime. The people selling the house said they wanted to leave some furniture in the house which was fine with us.  We thought they might leave most of the furniture as I think it was a family member selling their parents house, but in the end they left three wardrobes, a table and three wooden chairs.  So Dai and I had to run around town finding comfy chairs, a bed, a fridge, etc. In the end we bought a new bed and a couple of chairs in a charity shop. We decided to think what other furniture we need rather than rush into buying a load of cheap stuff that needs replacing again in a year or so.

So Dai started his new job this morning and I came back home to the children on the train.  Dai will drive home on Friday and head north again on Sunday with a carfull of bits and pieces.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/18 at 7:48 am

Happy Birthday to your Father. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/18 at 10:19 am

Happy birthday to your father!

Cake for breakfast?

http://www.inthe00s.com/Themes/core/images/cake.png

Written By: nally on 04/10/18 at 6:06 pm

Happy birthday to your father!

Cake for breakfast?

http://www.inthe00s.com/Themes/core/images/cake.png

That is exactly what we did. How'd you know! :D

Written By: annimal on 04/10/18 at 7:34 pm

My dad has a birthday in April as well.  There's cheesecake in the refrigerator.

Written By: nally on 04/10/18 at 9:04 pm

My dad has a birthday in April as well.  There's cheesecake in the refrigerator.

Well happy birthday to your father (whenever his special day is). :)

Needless to say, my dad somehow got sick with a cough this morning. :P :-[ He was feelin' alright yesterday for the post part.

Written By: annimal on 04/11/18 at 6:26 pm

I finished my last day of work training.  I just came home just warn out but not really physically tired.  I was crying and hugged my trainer when I left there.  After a while at home in bed, Maybe I feel like a newborn child.

Written By: nally on 04/11/18 at 9:16 pm

I finished my last day of work training.  I just came home just warn out but not really physically tired.  I was crying and hugged my trainer when I left there.  After a while at home in bed, Maybe I feel like a newborn child.

Well done with your training. Hope it all went well for ya.

Written By: nally on 04/11/18 at 9:18 pm

Anyhoo, I had an overall good day today. Went to the library to do some volunteering, then came home. And then my dad needed to go to the doctor's office for his illness. He says he's doing better than he was yesterday, but he's still not totally out of it.

Written By: annimal on 04/12/18 at 2:00 pm

I'm doing a load of laundry today

Written By: nally on 04/13/18 at 9:54 am

So...yesterday after work I went to the library for a volunteer appreciation "party" (basically with snacks... they do this sorta thing every April).

And this morning I have to take the car in for service; I'll be leaving the house shortly.

Written By: nally on 04/13/18 at 1:03 pm

...and a short while ago, I just got back home. Everything is well with the car; the mechanic said there were no serious problems to speak of.

While it was being serviced, I took a nice long walk around the area, getting plenty of exercise! (No, I don't quite have 10,000 steps yet...but I am on pace for 20,000 today!)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/13/18 at 7:38 pm

Right now there are tornadoes to the east of us and blizzards to the west.

People think Nebraska is boring but the weather sure as hell isnt. :o :o :o

Written By: nally on 04/13/18 at 10:57 pm

Right now there are tornadoes to the east of us and blizzards to the west.

People think Nebraska is boring but the weather sure as hell isnt. :o :o :o

Stay safe, Al!

Written By: annimal on 04/13/18 at 11:04 pm

removed some grass out of my garden area.  Mexican sunflowers today.  No, the flowers are not anywhere the size of the seed bag they came in like it shows.  Found a ladybug larvae and some beatles.  Something tells me I'm into something good

Written By: nally on 04/14/18 at 10:26 am

...and a short while ago, I just got back home. Everything is well with the car; the mechanic said there were no serious problems to speak of.

While it was being serviced, I took a nice long walk around the area, getting plenty of exercise! (No, I don't quite have 10,000 steps yet...but I am on pace for 20,000 today!)

Well... last night I did manage to finish the day with just a shade over 20,000 steps! I decided to go for it. (That's a new record for me; my previous high was 18,000 and change, last October.)

Written By: nally on 04/14/18 at 6:01 pm

So, my dad feels somewhat better; my mom started feeling sick yesterday (I think she may have caught what he had)... and I have started showing a few minor signs of illness today (but I don't feel terrible).
And now I'm unsure about going out for dinner tonight. I could, but since we had a late lunch, I may order something light if I do go out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/18 at 1:49 am

So, my dad feels somewhat better; my mom started feeling sick yesterday (I think she may have caught what he had)... and I have started showing a few minor signs of illness today (but I don't feel terrible).
And now I'm unsure about going out for dinner tonight. I could, but since we had a late lunch, I may order something light if I do go out.
I wish your family well.

Written By: nally on 04/15/18 at 4:45 pm

I wish your family well.

Thank you.

By the way, I ended up not going out last night; I figured it was not really worth the drive.

Also, my mom ended up not going with us to church today; she was feeling crummy and called one of the other musicians to take her place.

Written By: karen on 04/16/18 at 3:57 am

Elizabeth went back to university yesterday.  She has exams soon so has gone back a week early to get some quality studying done.  She went back on the train, and I am driving to Cambridge on Friday with the rest of her stuff.  My dad is coming with me to see Elizabeth's college and we have booked an afternoon tea for us all (dainty sandwiches, scones and jam and some pastries).

Dai came home from his new place for the weekend.  It looks like they generally finish early on Fridays so he will not be too late getting here.  We went to IKEA on Saturday to get some furnishing ideas, but forgot to pick up a catalogue.

The rain has finally stopped and spring is here so I plan to do some spring cleaning this week

Written By: annimal on 04/16/18 at 10:55 am

No kidding here,  It's fight prep time.  Some S wants a freeway built like two streets away from our street.  The last thing I need is to hear a highway while trying to hear. 

grugfehoehoewhouaewhrfhewrowhrfoiewhrfoerhouh you better not  or your gonna find and help pay for a new place for me to live.

Written By: karen on 04/16/18 at 12:01 pm

No kidding here,  It's fight prep time.  Some S wants a freeway built like two streets away from our street.  The last thing I need is to hear a highway while trying to hear. 

grugfehoehoewhouaewhrfhewrowhrfoiewhrfoerhouh you better not  or your gonna find and help pay for a new place for me to live.

I know you won't believe me, but this probably isn't going to make much difference to you.  There is a motorway at the end of my in-laws street and you cannot hear it in the daytime over the usual household noises. The only time I've been aware of it is at night when in bed if it has been raining, there is a bit more noise from the spray. Not enough to keep me awake though.

We live on a busy road and normal double glazing cuts out most of the traffic noise. The only thing that causes a problem is sirens from emergency vehicles because we are on a traffic light controlled junction, so they generally have to sound them when driving past.

Written By: annimal on 04/16/18 at 12:49 pm

I do believe you but bet that none of you use a cochlear implant.  The  sound level of someone using one as compared to  someone not will be different.

Written By: karen on 04/16/18 at 1:37 pm

I do believe you but bet that none of you use a cochlear implant.  The  sound level of someone using one as compared to  someone not will be different.

I get that, but does your implant amplify background noises more than speech? Or do certain frequencies seem louder?  I would think the inventor/developers of the implant try to get it as near to normal hearing as possible.

Written By: annimal on 04/16/18 at 3:51 pm

Noise from any cars would interfere with me being able to hear.

Written By: karen on 04/16/18 at 4:34 pm

Noise from any cars would interfere with me being able to hear.

So you have to have perfect silence to hear anything?

Written By: annimal on 04/16/18 at 4:53 pm

seems so. 

Written By: nally on 04/18/18 at 12:54 pm

So, my mom is still feeling kinda sick. I, on the other hand, feel like I'm getting better. Hopefully I'll be over this mini-cold when I return to work tomorrow.

Written By: annimal on 04/18/18 at 4:39 pm

Don't know.  Mom is shopping now, weather is overcast

Written By: karen on 04/18/18 at 5:02 pm

It's been nice weather here this week so I've been getting the house clean and doing laundry etc.

Tonight I went to see Maddie Prior in concert. She was the singer with Steeleye Span. Not my usual type of concert, but it was ok.

Written By: annimal on 04/18/18 at 9:33 pm

I made myself do something to make myself try and feel a little happier then I've seemed to be lately.  I've ordered me one of the types of Rosemary that might attract any butterflys that might be passing through my not much of a garden.

Written By: nally on 04/19/18 at 5:52 pm

It's been nice weather here this week so I've been getting the house clean and doing laundry etc.

Tonight I went to see Maddie Prior in concert. She was the singer with Steeleye Span. Not my usual type of concert, but it was ok.

Glad you enjoyed the show. Always nice to get out too.

I also think it's good to keep the house clean regularly. I like to do that every week too.

Written By: karen on 04/20/18 at 12:24 pm

I also think it's good to keep the house clean regularly. I like to do that every week too.

I think it's a good idea in principle, but in practice there are more enjoyable things to be doing.

Written By: nally on 04/20/18 at 2:33 pm

I think it's a good idea in principle, but in practice there are more enjoyable things to be doing.

True, but if you have nothing better to do, then there's other things that can be found.

Written By: nally on 04/20/18 at 10:43 pm

Anyhoo, I was at home all day and got lots of housework accomplished; also helped prepare dinner.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/21/18 at 11:52 am

I feel honored. Chucky karmaed me-first time EVER!  :)

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/21/18 at 2:56 pm

Cat

O0

Excellent!

Written By: Howard on 04/21/18 at 2:57 pm

Cat

that's wonderful, you deserve it! O0

Written By: nally on 04/22/18 at 7:31 pm

So my mom is still feeling under the weather, but she came with us to church and managed to sing at one service. She was hoping to be over her illness by now, but part of it is still hangin' on.

Written By: Wobo on 04/23/18 at 4:26 pm

April is almost over  :o, welp time for Mid 2018 to come in May and my birthday which is in 12 days  :D.

Written By: nally on 04/24/18 at 5:48 pm

Busy day at work. Now I'm home, getting in as much time on here as I possibly can; we're gonna have some visitors this evening.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/18 at 6:00 am

So my mom is still feeling under the weather, but she came with us to church and managed to sing at one service. She was hoping to be over her illness by now, but part of it is still hangin' on.
Is your mother better now?

Written By: nally on 04/25/18 at 12:33 pm

Is your mother better now?

Not totally.

She wanted to cook a meal for our houseguests last night (even made the original plans a couple weeks or so ago to do so), but had to change that when she got sick. Instead we got a tray of sandwiches from Costco, and those worked out well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/18 at 12:41 pm

Not totally.

She wanted to cook a meal for our houseguests last night (even made the original plans a couple weeks or so ago to do so), but had to change that when she got sick. Instead we got a tray of sandwiches from Costco, and those worked out well.
Wish her well please.

Written By: nally on 04/25/18 at 12:44 pm

Wish her well please.

Thanks, will do. She feels a little better today. Right now she's at work.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/18 at 12:44 pm

O0

Written By: Howard on 04/25/18 at 3:40 pm

That's good to hear.

Written By: nally on 04/25/18 at 10:38 pm

O0

That's good to hear.

She came home at about 1:30pm (Pacific time), though. She seems to be improving.

I just don't want any of us to get sick again anytime soon.

Written By: nally on 04/26/18 at 6:12 pm

Busy day @ work today. Got everything done, though (as I usually do!).

I normally work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but since this month ends on a Monday, I have to go in on that day instead, so that I can complete the end-of-month duties, and that no incoming stuff on Friday and Monday will get held over to the following month; that often makes problems.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/26/18 at 7:00 pm

This just in: I have a bad cold. It started yesterday. I really want it to go away so I could enjoy the weekend.  ::) Anyone else on here sick or is it only me?

Written By: Howard on 04/27/18 at 8:20 am

This just in: I have a bad cold. It started yesterday. I really want it to go away so I could enjoy the weekend.  ::) Anyone else on here sick or is it only me?

It's th changing of the weather but anyway hope you feel better. :)

Written By: nally on 04/27/18 at 11:36 am

Sorry you've gotten sick; best wishes on a full recovery! :)

And I was slightly sick for a bit last week; however, my parents were the truly sick ones in my house (first my dad for a few days, then my mom for longer than that).

Written By: violet_shy on 04/27/18 at 1:05 pm

Feeling better today!

It started out as a gorgeous day but it is raining now. I went to a nice mexican restaurant with Lee for brunch. It was nice, since we havn't been to a restaurant for while before today.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful day!

Written By: Howard on 04/27/18 at 2:15 pm

Feeling better today!

It started out as a gorgeous day but it is raining now. I went to a nice mexican restaurant with Lee for brunch. It was nice, since we havn't been to a restaurant for while before today.

sounds like you had a good day. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 04/27/18 at 2:25 pm

sounds like you had a good day. :)

I did. How bout you, Howard?

Written By: nally on 04/27/18 at 11:17 pm

Feeling better today!

Good to know!! O0 8) Always nice when things improve.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/28/18 at 9:21 am

My sister is coming down from Brighton(Boston) today! My mom is making us a nice dish called " Pollo guisado". It's chicken in a sauce with condiments. My sister loves it. Definitely need to do some catching up and talking.

What's everyone doing today? Anything fun?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/18 at 9:24 am

Just relaxing today, aching all over. I should had gone to cricket.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/18 at 3:15 pm

I did. How bout you, Howard?

My day today was pretty good. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/28/18 at 3:16 pm

My sister is coming down from Brighton(Boston) today! My mom is making us a nice dish called " Pollo guisado". It's chicken in a sauce with condiments. My sister loves it. Definitely need to do some catching up and talking.

worked today, nothing much else going on.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/28/18 at 4:18 pm

Just relaxing today, aching all over. I should had gone to cricket.

Why are you achy?

My day today was pretty good. :)

Great!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/18 at 4:23 pm

Why are you achy?
My age is catching up we me,

Written By: violet_shy on 04/28/18 at 4:29 pm

My age is catching up we me,

Oh. But it is a wonderful age isn't it? Aside from the aches I mean. Tell me it's wonderful, I'm next  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/18 at 5:13 pm

Oh. But it is a wonderful age isn't it? Aside from the aches I mean. Tell me it's wonderful, I'm next  ;D
Yes, my age is wonderful, I have many memories, a granddaughter, and a free travel pass.

Written By: annimal on 04/28/18 at 5:45 pm

Must be April fools day for me again

Written By: nally on 04/28/18 at 6:46 pm

Nice! O0 8) :)

Well, for me, this morning my parents & I went up to the church for a special service: Mass with Healing & Anointing of the Sick. Anyone with any sort of ailment received special prayers.

Written By: annimal on 04/28/18 at 10:14 pm

amazon search day is what today became.  See I'm not doing anything with my pond as first planed nor am I finding a bird bath, so I looked up some plants and seeds I could get.  Before that though,  I thought about a jester hat and then...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/18 at 2:02 am

Must be April fools day for me again
I enjoy a good April Fool's Day.

Written By: annimal on 04/29/18 at 1:49 pm

me too,  you might have already knew that

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/29/18 at 2:50 pm

I enjoy a good April Fool's Day.

So do I.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/29/18 at 3:08 pm

44 is a good age.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/29/18 at 4:53 pm

I am finally getting over my cold. Now my gums hurt....something that always happens when I am getting over a cold or the flu.

Spent the day with my family today. It was nice but I wish my sister could stay longer. Oh well. I'm grateful. I hope everyone is having a good Sunday! 💟

Written By: nally on 04/29/18 at 5:04 pm

I am finally getting over my cold. Now my gums hurt....something that always happens when I am getting over a cold or the flu.

Spent the day with my family today. It was nice but I wish my sister could stay longer. Oh well. I'm grateful. I hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Continue to get well, Jessica! :)

Also glad that you had a good time with your family. My day was good too.

Written By: Howard on 04/30/18 at 7:17 am

Spent the day with my family today. It was nice but I wish my sister could stay longer. Oh well. I'm grateful. I hope everyone is having a good Sunday! 💟

get well Jessica. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/18 at 8:04 am

That's good, have plenty of liquid and Vitamin C.

Written By: karen on 04/30/18 at 3:59 pm

I just stepped out the door to go and close the front gate and startled a badger.  He startled me as well!

Written By: violet_shy on 04/30/18 at 4:27 pm

Continue to get well, Jessica! :)

Also glad that you had a good time with your family. My day was good too.

get well Jessica. :)

That's good, have plenty of liquid and Vitamin C.

Thanks guys!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/18 at 4:55 pm

I just stepped out the door to go and close the front gate and startled a badger.  He startled me as well!

Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

In case you don't get the reference:

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Bogart)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

UHF (Weird Al)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6TBrfCW54

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/18 at 5:17 pm

Badgers! I have urban foxes here!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/18 at 5:18 pm

Thanks guys!  :)
O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/18 at 5:51 pm

Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

In case you don't get the reference:

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Bogart)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

UHF (Weird Al)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6TBrfCW54

Cat
Do badgers stink?

Written By: nally on 04/30/18 at 6:34 pm

So, today I worked... and had a LOT to do. So much that it took me extra time to get it all done!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/18 at 1:47 am

Goodbye April!

Written By: Howard on 05/01/18 at 7:41 am

How did it get there?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/18 at 7:52 am

Nature takes it's course?

Written By: karen on 05/01/18 at 11:32 am

It walked

We've suspected for sometime we might have a badger in the area as we kept getting a stash of earthworms left near the front door.  They didn't all wiggle there of their own accord.  Dai and James saw a badger the other evening at a similar time so he must have a den nearby

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/18 at 11:39 am

It walked

We've suspected for sometime we might have a badger in the area as we kept getting a stash of earthworms left near the front door.  They didn't all wiggle there of their own accord.  Dai and James saw a badger the other evening at a similar time so he must have a den nearby
Are you thinking of taking photos of it, or will it frighten it away?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/01/18 at 12:17 pm

Just got home. I had spent the entire morning Mother's day shopping for my mom and for Lee's mom. I'm glad I did it ahead of time so I don't have to worry about it later. I still have to get my mom a nice card but I can do that later.

I hope everyone had a great day...🔹🔸

Written By: annimal on 05/01/18 at 1:46 pm

may day  may day!

Check for new replies or respond here...