inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you play any musical instruments?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/03/18 at 10:13 pm

I play some guitar, but I need to take some more lessons.  ;D

Anyone else?

Subject: Re: Do you play any musical instruments?

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/04/18 at 10:18 am

I used to "sorta" play the banjo.  I could strum chords and do a little double thumbing but not much else.  Stopped due to arthritis in my fingers and thumbs, but it was fun for a while

Written By: nally on 06/04/18 at 12:01 pm

Piano. I took private lessons for two years when I was a preteen, a class in high school for one semester, and I also had some formal instruction in college.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/18 at 12:33 pm

I can play a mean air guitar.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

I can't say that I play any instrument with any skill. I can play a few tunes on the piano, the harmonica, flute, recorder, & tin whistle. (I used to be able to play one or two tunes on the guitar but it has been so long that I can't remember how.)

Most of those, I have taught myself. My dad (who COULD have been a concert pianist in his heyday) was supposed to teach me piano when I was a kid. I used to BEG him to teach me but he wasn't really a teacher and instead of finding me a REAL teacher, I ended up trying to teach myself. I took flute in 5th grade. But then I moved and the new school didn't offer flute-so there went the flute lessons. In high school, our music teacher was going to teach me and maybe one or 2 others the guitar. I had ONE lesson (he was as bad as my dad about giving lessons) but I did get a credit for that ONE lesson.  :D ;D ;D  I figured after TRYING to learn 3 different instruments, I sort of gave up. But, I still love music so much that I have attempted to teach myself. I think out of all of my instruments, I think I can play the recorder the best-which isn't saying much.

Cat 

Written By: karen on 06/04/18 at 1:54 pm

I can play recorder and flute.

Most primary (elementary) schools in the UK offered the opportunity to learn recorder when I was at school.  I was pretty good at it and my music teacher suggested to my parents that I should learn another instrument. I chose the flute and had lessons in a music tuition place in town based in a music shop.

At secondary school I played in the orchestra and I took some exams (playing specific pieces and various scales etc).

When we lived in the US I lessons again for a while and I am thinking about joining a staff folk group that is starting soon.

Written By: 2001 on 06/04/18 at 2:57 pm

My parents made me take piano lessons when I was a kid, and I played it in middle school, but I've forgotten everything by now.

Written By: Dude111 on 06/05/18 at 7:00 am

When I was in school I played the drums :)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/18 at 7:38 am

When I was in school I played the drums :)

Do you still play the drums?

Written By: Dude111 on 06/06/18 at 2:54 am

Nope except for this buddy :)

http://dagobah.net/flashswf/keyboard_drums.swf

Ah man!!

Check for new replies or respond here...