inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What state do you live in?

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/20/18 at 7:52 pm

I'm not sure if there is a thread on here already that is exactly like this, so I decided to make my own out of boredom. What state do you currently live in?

I live in New Jersey. ;D

Subject: Re: What state do you live in?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/20/18 at 8:06 pm

New South Wales. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 07/20/18 at 8:14 pm

As a solid, although there is much liquid and gas within. While my blood contains plasma, it isn't to be confused with the state of matter of the same name.

Written By: graciee on 07/20/18 at 8:33 pm

New Jersey :)

Written By: Wobo on 07/20/18 at 8:36 pm

Maryland, the state of crabs and seafood.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/20/18 at 9:06 pm

As a solid, although there is much liquid and gas within. While my blood contains plasma, it isn't to be confused with the state of matter of the same name.

;D

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/20/18 at 9:09 pm

I think I've mentioned I live near Chicago.  Since that characterization includes 3 states, I'll be explicit: I live in Illinois...

Written By: annimal on 07/20/18 at 10:07 pm

Ca

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 07/20/18 at 10:59 pm

Colorado

Written By: nally on 07/20/18 at 11:55 pm

California (my whole life).

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/21/18 at 12:31 am

Nebraska.

Written By: gibbo on 07/21/18 at 5:21 am

Australian State: Queensland 

Written By: karen on 07/21/18 at 8:51 am

confusion

Written By: CupidTheStupid on 07/21/18 at 9:13 am

Tennessee, born & raised.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/18 at 12:13 pm

confusion

I was going to say that. You stole my line.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 07/21/18 at 1:10 pm

Cali?ornia

Written By: mqg96 on 07/21/18 at 1:44 pm

Tennessee, born & raised.

What's your favorite part of Tennessee? I love Nashville.

Written By: CupidTheStupid on 07/21/18 at 1:54 pm

What's your favorite part of Tennessee? I love Nashville.

I love driving through Pigeon Forge & looking at the beautiful mountains & landscapes. When I was little I loved going on rides with my family. It’s fun!

Written By: nally on 07/21/18 at 2:00 pm

confusion

I was going to say that. You stole my line.

Cat

Similarly, I also do at times.

Written By: annimal on 07/21/18 at 2:04 pm

I do all the time

Written By: Howard on 07/21/18 at 2:26 pm

New York City

Written By: Lyndialy on 07/23/18 at 8:44 am

Colorado

Written By: violet_shy on 07/24/18 at 4:28 pm

I live in Rhode Island, but I'm from Tennessee born.

Rhode Island is the smallest state!

Written By: Howard on 07/25/18 at 7:47 am

I live in Rhode Island, but I'm from Tennessee born.

Rhode Island is the smallest state!

How's the weather been over there?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/25/18 at 10:15 am

How's the weather been over there?

It was brutally hot yesterday. Feels cooler today.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/18 at 1:11 pm

It was brutally hot yesterday. Feels cooler today.

looks like it going to rain but it's getting windy now in New York.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/25/18 at 2:36 pm

looks like it going to rain but it's getting windy now in New York.

It rained some here earlier.

Written By: Henk on 07/25/18 at 4:47 pm

Sometimes I'm in A Higher State of Consciousness, and sometimes I'm in a State of Independence... ::) :D

But joking aside: there's no such thing as "states" where I live.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/25/18 at 4:56 pm

New Jersey.

Written By: karen on 07/26/18 at 5:24 am

But joking aside: there's no such thing as "states" where I live.

Not sure this is a concept that occurs to some of the members on here

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/26/18 at 2:14 pm

Minnisouri

Written By: Marian on 07/27/18 at 3:20 pm

California

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/18 at 4:59 pm

California

Welcome back.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 07/28/18 at 11:35 am

Minnisouri

Yeah, but very close to Oklabama, if I'm not mistaken. :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/30/18 at 1:37 pm

New York.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/18 at 7:38 am

New York.

I live in New York

Written By: prodanny288 on 08/02/18 at 3:28 pm

North Jersey

Written By: CupidTheStupid on 08/02/18 at 3:45 pm

North Jersey

So many of you Jerseyans on here. Lol ;D

Written By: prodanny288 on 08/05/18 at 2:45 pm

So many of you Jerseyans on here. Lol ;D

Blame rainbow.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/05/18 at 3:46 pm

Blame rainbow.

Wait, didn't you say that you were born in New York?  ;D

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/05/18 at 4:08 pm

I live in Earth.

Written By: annimal on 08/05/18 at 5:00 pm

I thought that was a planet

Written By: prodanny288 on 08/05/18 at 5:21 pm

Wait, didn't you say that you were born in New York?  ;D

You got it em. New York is my birthstate. ;)

Honestly tho, I wish I still lived in New York. New Jersey is nice and all, but will never hold a candle to the state home to the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, or anything of that matter. Schools are better, pizza is better, cities are better. Life was so much better in NY.

It's nice meetin' ya tho.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/05/18 at 5:32 pm

I thought that was a planet

I know.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/05/18 at 5:38 pm

Honestly tho, I wish I still lived in New York. New Jersey is nice and all, but will never hold a candle to the state home to the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, or anything of that matter. Schools are better, pizza is better, cities are better. Life was so much better in NY.

Oh wow lmao. Yeah, I was born in Philadelphia but I moved to NJ in late 2005 and have been living there ever since. I'm sure you already know that by now though.  ;D ;D

When did you move from New York to New Jersey? I remember very first seeing you in late 2011, so I thought it was probably sometime in like 2011.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/05/18 at 5:48 pm

You know ever since I left my vacation from Georgia I've been starting to miss Georgia like every day.  ;D Like I just love the laid-back vibe I get when I'm there (even though it's most likely not as laid-back as it seems  ;D), and I love how the roads look smoother and cleaner. I was in Suwanee Georgia and like one big thing I've noticed is that people over there drive much slower than over here in New Jersey. Like they actually drive the speed limits and they don't even look down at their phones while driving (that's cause of the new law though). Georgia is like so much stricter with their driving laws than New Jersey lmao. Every time we were driving in that state I saw at least one cop car.  ;D Also we were at the gas station and my dad actually had to pump his own gas and to me, it just felt weird asf for some reason. Probably cause I'm so used to another person doing it for us.  ;D ;D I've also been to Waffle House and it was good asf. We were talking to this one waiter and she talked about her experiences moving to Georgia. She was also from New York and she moved to Georgia two years ago with her son who was 14 at the time. She said there's a lot of traffic and that it can get really bad, but she said the people there are nice and that her son is doing pretty well in school.

The only thing I really disliked is that Georgia isn't one of those lucky states that have a Wawa.  ;D ;D

Written By: prodanny288 on 08/07/18 at 10:36 am

You know ever since I left my vacation from Georgia I've been starting to miss Georgia like every day.  ;D Like I just love the laid-back vibe I get when I'm there (even though it's most likely not as laid-back as it seems  ;D), and I love how the roads look smoother and cleaner. I was in Suwanee Georgia and like one big thing I've noticed is that people over there drive much slower than over here in New Jersey. Like they actually drive the speed limits and they don't even look down at their phones while driving (that's cause of the new law though). Georgia is like so much stricter with their driving laws than New Jersey lmao. Every time we were driving in that state I saw at least one cop car.  ;D Also we were at the gas station and my dad actually had to pump his own gas and to me, it just felt weird asf for some reason. Probably cause I'm so used to another person doing it for us.  ;D ;D I've also been to Waffle House and it was good asf. We were talking to this one waiter and she talked about her experiences moving to Georgia. She was also from New York and she moved to Georgia two years ago with her son who was 14 at the time. She said there's a lot of traffic and that it can get really bad, but she said the people there are nice and that her son is doing pretty well in school.

The only thing I really disliked is that Georgia isn't one of those lucky states that have a Wawa.  ;D ;D

Haha oh man. When my family moved to nj we had no idea pumping your own gas wasn't allowed. We almost pumped our own gas once before somebody told us it was prohibited in the state.

BTW, is your family moving to Georgia? ???

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/07/18 at 10:42 am

I live in Calituckey because I'm right on the border of California and Kentucky.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/07/18 at 10:47 am

Haha oh man. When my family moved to nj we had no idea pumping your own gas wasn't allowed. We almost pumped our own gas once before somebody told us it was prohibited in the state.

BTW, is your family moving to Georgia? ???

We’re not going to be moving to Georgia anytime soon, especially because my older sister is still in college and she’s about to be in her senior year of college. My mom said she wants to wait for me to finish school first, but honestly, I’d have no problem moving there while I’m still in high school. I mean, yeah, I’d have to leave my friends, but like there’s also a lot of new friends I could meet. Georgia IMO has much more friendlier people than New Jersey. Maybe I just think that because I’ve lived in the north for like my whole life so far.  ;D Also, Georgia is already on summer break by my birthday, so that alone is already lit.  ;D

I know my maternal grandparents wants to move there though. I’m not sure if they will. We have some family that lives in Georgia and we talk to them the most. That’s why we were talking about moving there, but I think as of now it’s a no. Most of my family still lives in New Jersey, but the ones we talk to the most lives in Georgia. Everyone on my dads side of the family lives in New Jersey. The majority of my moms side lives in New Jersey as well but there’s a few that live in Georgia and we talk to them the most.

Written By: prodanny288 on 08/07/18 at 10:54 am

We’re not going to be moving to Georgia anytime soon, especially because my older sister is still in college and she’s about to be in her senior year of college. My mom said she wants to wait for me to finish school first, but honestly, I’d have no problem moving there while I’m still in high school. I mean, yeah, I’d have to leave my friends, but like there’s also a lot of new friends I could meet. Georgia IMO has much more friendlier people than New Jersey. Maybe I just think that because I’ve lived in the north for like my whole life so far.  ;D Also, Georgia is already on summer break by my birthday, so that alone is already lit.  ;D

I know my maternal grandparents wants to move there though. I’m not sure if they will. We have some family that lives in Georgia and we talk to them the most. That’s why we were talking about moving there, but I think as of now it’s a no. Most of my family still lives in New Jersey, but the ones we talk to the most lives in Georgia. Everyone on my dads side of the family lives in New Jersey. The majority of my moms side lives in New Jersey as well but there’s a few that live in Georgia and we talk to them the most.

Ah ok... So you're moving after graduation? Ya know, I gotta stay in contact with you. I gotta invite you to our high school reunion.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/07/18 at 10:58 am

Ah ok... So you're moving after graduation? Ya know, I gotta stay in contact with you. I gotta invite you to our high school reunion.

We still don't know yet. I just know we aren't going to be moving this year or even next year. Maybe 2020 at the earliest but we still don't know. We don't even know if we're ever going to move there.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/07/18 at 11:04 am

I'm going to be extremely honest. The only reason why I refuse to move to Georgia is that I already have so many friends in New Jersey and it would be hard to leave you guys and also because Georgia doesn't have Wawa. Other than that, I don't think I'd have that much of a problem. It depends on what the new house would look like though. If the house is big enough and has a backyard pool and is near my family, then yessss let's move there.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know I'm asking for too much  ;D

Written By: prodanny288 on 08/08/18 at 8:01 pm

We still don't know yet. I just know we aren't going to be moving this year or even next year. Maybe 2020 at the earliest but we still don't know. We don't even know if we're ever going to move there.

Ah ok. I get it.
I'm going to be extremely honest. The only reason why I refuse to move to Georgia is that I already have so many friends in New Jersey and it would be hard to leave you guys and also because Georgia doesn't have Wawa. Other than that, I don't think I'd have that much of a problem. It depends on what the new house would look like though. If the house is big enough and has a backyard pool and is near my family, then yessss let's move there.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know I'm asking for too much  ;D

Haha you and your wawa. ::) ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/08/18 at 8:35 pm

Haha you and your wawa. ::) ;D

Wawa is good asf. Everyone from Pennsylvania knows this. It's a fact.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/09/18 at 5:50 am

Wawa is good asf. Everyone from Pennsylvania knows this. It's a fact.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What's wawa? ???

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 08/09/18 at 7:18 am

What's wawa? ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG2otLyvuCQ

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/09/18 at 8:02 am

What's wawa? ???

I heard Wawa will be taking over Stop&Shop soon.

Written By: Wobo on 08/09/18 at 8:33 pm

Maryland.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/09/18 at 9:09 pm

I don't know whether or not you knew this already, but there are Wawas down in Florida as well now. I've vacationed down there the last 2 years and the last time I stopped in a Wawa in Spring Hill and tried a deli sandwich (I believe it was a meatball sub but I'm not 100% certain). It was every bit as good as advertised and I can totally understand why people are so fiercely loyal to that chain.

I even got a Wawa coffee mug as a souvenir.  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/09/18 at 9:21 pm

I live in Calituckey because I'm right on the border of California and Kentucky.

Ah, so you must live in Council Bluffs, Iowa or, as we Omaha residents like to call it, "Counciltucky."  ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/09/18 at 10:00 pm

I don't know whether or not you knew this already, but there are Wawas down in Florida as well now. I've vacationed down there the last 2 years and the last time I stopped in a Wawa in Spring Hill and tried a deli sandwich (I believe it was a meatball sub but I'm not 100% certain). It was every bit as good as advertised and I can totally understand why people are so fiercely loyal to that chain.

I even got a Wawa coffee mug as a souvenir.  ;D

Yeah, I've heard. I was surprised, to be honest. They don't even have a Wawa in New York (Howard even asked me what it was  ;D ;D) but yet I live a lot closer to New York than I do to Florida.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/09/18 at 10:08 pm

Yeah, I've heard. I was surprised, to be honest. They don't even have a Wawa in New York (Howard even asked me what it was  ;D ;D) but yet I live a lot closer to New York than I do to Florida.

I don't really like Florida because of snakes and alligators. I'm afraid of both.

Written By: Wobo on 08/09/18 at 10:10 pm

I don't really like Florida because of snakes and alligators. I'm afraid of both.

It would be awesome to see a alligator or a snake but i wouldn't get close to to it, i have a fascination for animals so that's why.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/09/18 at 10:38 pm

It would be awesome to see a alligator or a snake but i wouldn't get close to to it, i have a fascination for animals so that's why.

When I was down there my friend and I rented a boat and took it up the Weeki Wachee River and we got to see some manatees up close. That was really cool.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/09/18 at 10:48 pm

I'd only want to visit Florida. I wouldn't want to live there. California and New York IMO are not only expensive but also really overrated. I would love to live in Colorado if that state was near a beach. You'd probably have to take a long drive or maybe even a flight just to get to a beach. If I had to pick a state to live in other than my own, I would definitely choose either Pennsylvania (near Philadelphia) or Georgia (Like Suwanee, Lawrenceville)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/10/18 at 3:35 am

I live in Earth.

What's it like living in the Earth's inner core?

Written By: karen on 08/10/18 at 5:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG2otLyvuCQ

It would be nice if you'd labelled this as not safe for work due to the language.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/18 at 7:47 am

I almost forgot that Wawa was a supermarket, I thought it was a word.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/10/18 at 10:11 am

I almost forgot that Wawa was a supermarket, I thought it was a word.

Wawa isn't a supermarket lol. It's a convenience store.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/10/18 at 10:57 am

What's it like living in the Earth's inner core?

I live in that forest I showed you on Popedia.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/18 at 2:15 pm

Wawa isn't a supermarket lol. It's a convenience store.

Where is it located? ???

Written By: Frodomar2002 on 08/10/18 at 3:23 pm

I'm in a state of being nostalgic.

I live in Georgia.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/18 at 3:44 pm

If memory serves me, I believe there are Wawas in Connecticut. 

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 3:58 pm

No, it's not awesome. Both alligators and snakes can kill you. I've seen both up close.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 4:05 pm

Where is it located? ???

Wawa, Inc. is an American chain of convenience stores and gas stations located along the East Coast of the United States, operating in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Florida.

I've been to all of those states (& D.C.) and I've been to Wawa. However, it was mostly in NJ and PA.

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/18 at 4:07 pm

I'm more afraid of spiders than anything.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/10/18 at 4:08 pm

No, it's not awesome. Both alligators and snakes can kill you. I've seen both up close.

I've visited Florida many times (surprisingly not Miami yet) and lots of lakes, swamps and rivers in that state have a s**t ton of GATORS, yeah, I'm fully aware of how dangerous those are. Gator meat is real good though! :D

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/18 at 4:11 pm

I've visited Florida many times (surprisingly not Miami yet) and lots of lakes, swamps and rivers in that state have a s**t ton of GATORS, yeah, I'm fully aware of how dangerous those are. Gator meat is real good though! :D

I've been to Florida once (Orlando) and the weather was amazing. It was 35C (95F) everyday in October :D Then I came back to Canada and it was 5c (40F) and cloudy  :\'(

I saw a couple of alligators, don't remember seeing snakes though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 4:12 pm

I'd only want to visit Florida. I wouldn't want to live there. California and New York IMO are not only expensive but also really overrated. I would love to live in Colorado if that state was near a beach. You'd probably have to take a long drive or maybe even a flight just to get to a beach. If I had to pick a state to live in other than my own, I would definitely choose either Pennsylvania (near Philadelphia) or Georgia (Like Suwanee, Lawrenceville)

Most of NYC is not expensive. It's primarily Manhattan and some parts of Brooklyn that are expensive.

Anyways, why do you think NYC is overrated? Even so, New York is not just NYC. There's an entire state outside of NYC and it is NOT overrated. Also, NYC isn't overrated either.

Written By: Wobo on 08/10/18 at 4:12 pm

I think it is, like i said i think it would be awesome to see them as long you have a far distance from them. I know alligators and snakes can kill, it's a stay away from them and you won't piss them off.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 4:16 pm

I've been to Florida twice (2009 & 2016). In 2009, I visited Ft. Lauderdale & Miami. In 2016, I visited Orlando.

No thanks on the gator meat though lol.

I've been to Florida once (Orlando) and the weather was amazing. It was 35C (95F) everyday in October :D Then I came back to Canada and it was 5c (40F) and cloudy  :\'(

I saw a couple of alligators, don't remember seeing snakes though.

It was hot as f*ck when I went to Orlando in 2016.

How is 95 °F (35 °C) amazing weather? That's terrible.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/10/18 at 4:17 pm

I'm more afraid of spiders than anything.

Spiders are the stereotypical "oh so scary" insect of America. Nah, I can never understand why in the world people think those are the worst insects when they are doing their job!

If anything, I'm more intimidated by cockroaches, yellowjackets, wasps and fire ants. Cockroaches just appear out of no where and freak you out and when you try to catch those annoying little assholes they're so speedy and will get away and hide so quickly! Cockroaches are able to go through any holes, cracks, and pipes around your house that many other species can't even go through. Being stung by a wasp was enough for me with how freaky those look and I'm aware of how mean yellowjackets can be. Fire ants are just annoying. Spiders are so easy to get, they are so slow and calm, and they don't do ANYTHING to you unless you mess with them. I'll give spiders credit for making webs to catch annoying insects out there.

I just went there lol  ;D so I'm curious to know if living in different states (especially ones out west) change the species of insects that are more likely to appear around you.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/10/18 at 4:21 pm

I've been to Florida twice (2009 & 2016). In 2009, I visited Ft. Lauderdale & Miami. In 2016, I visited Orlando.

Deer meat is probably my favorite meat that's not chicken, pork, beef/steak, lamb, or seafood. My grandfather gets that every year from Alabama whenever the season comes around and the meat is seasoned very well. Duck is very strange, it has a very strong smell when being cooked but it taste very good. Depending on what your favorite meats are it has to be cooked right and seasoned well. A lot of people aren't experienced with cooking or preparing certain foods the correct way. Where you live or grew up in plays a huge roll in that.

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/18 at 4:23 pm

It was hot as f*ck when I went to Orlando in 2016.

How is 95 °F (35 °C) amazing weather? That's terrible.

Swimming outdoors and basking in the sun in October >>> Getting a flu shot and getting sick anyway in October.

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/18 at 4:29 pm

Spiders are the stereotypical "oh so scary" insect of America. Nah, I can never understand why in the world people think those are the worst insects when they are doing their job!

If anything, I'm more intimidated by cockroaches, yellowjackets, wasps and fire ants. Cockroaches just appear out of no where and freak you out and when you try to catch those annoying little assholes they're so speedy and will get away and hide so quickly! Cockroaches are able to go through any holes, cracks, and pipes around your house that many other species can't even go through. Being stung by a wasp was enough for me with how freaky those look and I'm aware of how mean yellowjackets can be. Fire ants are just annoying. Spiders are so easy to get, they are so slow and calm, and they don't do ANYTHING to you unless you mess with them. I'll give spiders credit for making webs to catch annoying insects out there.

I just went there lol  ;D so I'm curious to know if living in different states (especially ones out west) change the species of insects that are more likely to appear around you.

LOL I'm just scared of bugs in general. But spiders trigger my alarm bells like no other for some reason ;D

LUUZk6fx1Pw

We don't get cockroaches often here in Canada. I've never seen them here, personally, only when abroad. That's the only good thing about cold weather: no bugs.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/18 at 4:46 pm

Most of NYC is not expensive. It's primarily Manhattan and some parts of Brooklyn that are expensive.

Anyways, why do you think NYC is overrated? Even so, New York is not just NYC. There's an entire state outside of NYC and it is NOT overrated. Also, NYC isn't overrated either.

I am originally from NY. When I tell people that, they always ask, "The City?" Uh, no. I learned to say, "I'm from Upstate NY" so they don't automatically think the City.

Of course I don't live there now but still have a bit of my New Yowk accent.

Cat

Written By: Wobo on 08/10/18 at 4:47 pm

Two days ago there were like three wasps i think in my bathroom, but my older brother luckily killed them, i think there was a hole in the bathroom that led the wasps in, since we probably have a wasp nest on our balcony, i live in a apartment.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/18 at 6:03 pm

The Midwest. Honestly, it's not an easy fit. I plan on moving to live permanently one day, even if 'one day' is 20 years from now!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 6:18 pm

The Midwest. Honestly, it's not an easy fit. I plan on moving to live permanently one day, even if 'one day' is 20 years from now!

The Midwest is a region not a state ;D.

IIRC, you're from Nebraska :-X.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 6:23 pm

Swimming outdoors and basking in the sun in October >>> Getting a flu shot and getting sick anyway in October.

Sure but I rarely get sick and I prefer cold/colder weather.

Also, 95 °F (35 °C) is torture especially with the humidity both here and in Florida.

Perfect weather to me is 60-75 °F (around 16-24 °C ) with the occasional breeze. Also, low humidity. Now, that's perfect! 8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 6:26 pm

I am originally from NY. When I tell people that, they always ask, "The City?" Uh, no. I learned to say, "I'm from Upstate NY" so they don't automatically think the City.

Of course I don't live there now but still have a bit of my New Yowk accent.

Cat

The funny thing is that here in NYC, those of us who live in the outer boroughs (Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens & Staten Island) refer to Manhattan as "The City" :P.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/18 at 6:27 pm

The Midwest is a region not a state ;D.

IIRC, you're from Nebraska :-X.

Okay, Nebraska!  ;D

Written By: nally on 08/10/18 at 6:28 pm

The funny thing is that here in NYC, those of us who live in the outer boroughs (Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens & Staten Island) refer to Manhattan as "The City" :P.

That is quite interesting; I actually never knew that. (But then again, I've never been anywhere near there, but someday I'd like to.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/18 at 7:06 pm

I, too really refer to Manhattan as "The City." But the people I'm talking about were from Oklahoma/Texas. They think that even places like Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, etc, etc. were all part of NYC.

(BTW, I was born in Poughkeepsie-and lived in Wappingers Falls before moving away the first time. I moved back and lived in the Kingston area until I graduated high school and left the state for good.)

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 8:55 pm

I, too really refer to Manhattan as "The City." But the people I'm talking about were from Oklahoma/Texas. They think that even places like Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, etc, etc. were all part of NYC.

(BTW, I was born in Poughkeepsie-and lived in Wappingers Falls before moving away the first time. I moved back and lived in the Kingston area until I graduated high school and left the state for good.)

Cat

I gotcha! O0

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/10/18 at 8:59 pm

That is quite interesting; I actually never knew that. (But then again, I've never been anywhere near there, but someday I'd like to.)

Well, now you know lol. Also, yeah, come visit NYC, it's a great city.

I want to visit California some day.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/10/18 at 9:03 pm

Well, now you know lol. Also, yeah, come visit NYC, it's a great city.

I want to visit California some day.

I've never been to a western state before. The two states I really want to visit is California and Colorado.

Written By: Wobo on 08/10/18 at 9:06 pm

I wanna visit Alexandria for childhood memories.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/10/18 at 9:45 pm

I've never been to a western state before. The two states I really want to visit is California and Colorado.

If I visit Southern California I'd want to visit LA but if it was Northern California then I'd go for Oakland.

Denver would definitely be my #1 place in Colorado.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/18 at 9:54 pm

I think the south has beautiful scenes. But I don't want to live there.  :o

Written By: aja675 on 08/10/18 at 10:42 pm

...A state of confusion. :D

Written By: 2001 on 08/11/18 at 5:24 am

Egypt?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/11/18 at 10:54 am

Egypt?

LOL no.

He's probably talking about Alexandria, Virginia.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/18 at 12:04 pm

I lived there for a VERY short time before moving to the other side of D.C. in Maryland.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/11/18 at 2:26 pm

If memory serves me, I believe there are Wawas in Connecticut. 

Cat

How about New York? ???

Written By: Howard on 08/11/18 at 2:29 pm

Two days ago there were like three wasps i think in my bathroom, but my older brother luckily killed them, i think there was a hole in the bathroom that led the wasps in, since we probably have a wasp nest on our balcony, i live in a apartment.

Just the other day there was a wasp that was sitting on the edge of my window, I think it was the heat from the sun that attracted them to my window sill. I sprayed it with Clorox bleach then sucked them up with a vacuum nozzle.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/18 at 2:48 pm

How about New York? ???

I have never seen them there-that doesn't mean they are NOT there.

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/11/18 at 3:07 pm

How about New York? ???

No. Did you not see my reply?

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/11/18 at 3:23 pm

How about New York? ???

Considering you had to ask me what Wawa is, I would think not.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 08/11/18 at 4:29 pm

I lived there for a VERY short time before moving to the other side of D.C. in Maryland.

Cat

I was born in D.C. and moved to Alexandria in 2006, moving to Maryland (where i am now) in 2012.

Written By: Wobo on 08/11/18 at 4:47 pm

Just the other day there was a wasp that was sitting on the edge of my window, I think it was the heat from the sun that attracted them to my window sill. I sprayed it with Clorox bleach then sucked them up with a vacuum nozzle.

Wow.

Written By: Wobo on 08/11/18 at 4:48 pm

Egypt?

Lol no.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/18 at 4:51 pm

I was born in D.C. and moved to Alexandria in 2006, moving to Maryland (where i am now) in 2012.

I made a booboo. It wasn't Alexandria that I lived but Arlington. My mother lived in Alexandria at the time (which is why I always get them confused). I went to live with my dad who lived in a one bedroom apartment in Arlington. Since it wasn't big enough for the two of us, we moved to Takoma Park. That was when my mother moved to Alexandria and I used to visit with her on the weekends.

Cat

Written By: unicornic on 08/15/18 at 4:14 pm

Here in the UK we don't have states, we have counties. I live in Staffordshire. I have cousins who live in Arizona due to my dads side not being from the UK. They were born in Korea but his brothers moved to America. My mum was born and raised in the UK throughout her life

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/15/18 at 4:40 pm

Here in the UK we don't have states, we have counties. I live in Staffordshire. I have cousins who live in Arizona due to my dads side not being from the UK. They were born in Korea but his brothers moved to America. My mum was born and raised in the UK throughout her life

Oh yeah, I remember when you told me that. Have you ever been to Arizona to visit them?

Written By: unicornic on 08/18/18 at 7:57 pm

Oh yeah, I remember when you told me that. Have you ever been to Arizona to visit them?

No, however, my uncle wants us to come over for thanksgiving (we don’t celebrate thanksgiving here in the uk so it’s kinda weird) My mum doesn’t want to visit America but my dad wants to spend time with his family. Maybe if I get lucky I can see the Grand Canyon  :D

Written By: loki 13 on 08/19/18 at 8:41 am

Considering you had to ask me what Wawa is, I would think not.  ;D

I can walk to 3 Wawas and if I got in my truck and drove 10 minutes in any direction I can get to about 50 others.
Royal Farms are starting to do the same thing, 4 of them popped up within 5 miles of each other.

Written By: annimal on 08/19/18 at 11:38 am

last night it only took me one minute for my eyes to get me to scream.  I can no longer tolerate white and other real pale colors it seems.

Maybe later

Check for new replies or respond here...