inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your monthly thread for October 2018

Written By: nally on 10/01/18 at 9:25 am

Happy October everyone!!

I hope this turns out to be a great month for all of us.

Subject: Re: Your monthly thread for October 2018

Written By: annimal on 10/01/18 at 11:15 am

hope there is more kids to pass out candy to

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/01/18 at 12:29 pm

Let's go Halloween!! My favorite holiday!  I understand this year it falls on a Saturday, which is perfect because that's when my catheter comes out!

Written By: nally on 10/01/18 at 5:36 pm

Let's go Halloween!! My favorite holiday!  I understand this year it falls on a Saturday, which is perfect because that's when my catheter comes out!

Check again, Wednesday. ::)

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/monthly.html?year=2018&month=10&country=1

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/01/18 at 7:27 pm

Check again, Wednesday. ::)

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/monthly.html?year=2018&month=10&country=1

WRONG

Written By: nally on 10/01/18 at 10:37 pm

I had a great day today.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/18 at 11:25 am

Happy October everyone!!

I hope this turns out to be a great month for all of us.
Is it too late for me to say "white rabbit"?

Written By: annimal on 10/02/18 at 11:27 am

yesterday that work place called me, it was the first time my mom treated me like a mother,  I starting singing my parody to House of the rising sunin music class and now the music teacher may want me to sing the whole thing.  he he

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/18 at 11:34 am

Yesterday was last of a long weekend with my granddaugther (I should see her again this weekend), today on the way home I stopped off in an historical part of London, and was a tourist for a while.

Written By: nally on 10/02/18 at 5:50 pm

Is it too late for me to say "white rabbit"?

No, not at all!

Yesterday was last of a long weekend with my granddaugther (I should see her again this weekend), today on the way home I stopped off in an historical part of London, and was a tourist for a while.

Glad you had a good time with her! :)

Written By: nally on 10/03/18 at 5:10 pm

Not going anywhere today; that's good because I didn't wanna have to go out in the rain (even though there hasn't been much to speak of today).

Written By: annimal on 10/03/18 at 7:10 pm

besides the rain, I got quite a few amazon orders that should come to me and just think I ought to be here at home although I don't answer the door

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/18 at 11:17 pm

Tomorrow will be a change of plans, it will be a more local day for me.

Written By: nally on 10/05/18 at 7:04 pm

I only ran a few errands today; been at home ever since. Perhaps I needed a "lazy" day in a sense.

Written By: karen on 10/06/18 at 3:48 pm

Flew to Edinburgh this morning with James. We had a look around the university and found out about the course he wants to study. Flew home late afternoon and now I am very tired

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/18 at 3:57 pm

Flew to Edinburgh this morning with James. We had a look around the university and found out about the course he wants to study. Flew home late afternoon and now I am very tired
you had no time to be a tourist?

Written By: nally on 10/06/18 at 5:47 pm

Sounds like you had a long day...

Written By: 2001 on 10/06/18 at 6:14 pm

I loved that city! One day wasn't enough for me  :\'(

Written By: karen on 10/07/18 at 9:21 am

you had no time to be a tourist?

We possibly would have had half an hour or so to do something if I hadn't been paranoid about getting back to the airport. We caught the tram into the city centre and had a reasonable walk up to the university and took a different route back.

I loved that city! One day wasn't enough for me  :\'(

It would have been nice to spend a bit longer there, but the flights had cost enough already without adding on a hotel night or two

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/08/18 at 1:34 pm

I love that Halloween is on the 31st this year.  It means SPOOKY TIMES WILL HAPPEN!

Written By: annimal on 10/08/18 at 6:28 pm

Just got home hard work and joys, allergy cold oh boy

tried to finish something before music class but It's not quite going to be done. 

Written By: annimal on 10/08/18 at 11:11 pm

music teacher wants to see this when I finish it.  After we did a somewhere over the rainbow thing, I started singing I been too the wizard on a horse with no name.  Music teacher wants to see this.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/09/18 at 5:44 am

music teacher wants to see this when I finish it.  After we did a somewhere over the rainbow thing, I started singing I been too the wizard on a horse with no name.  Music teacher wants to see this.

vogue?

Written By: annimal on 10/09/18 at 1:31 pm

taste like sugar

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/09/18 at 1:32 pm

taste like sugar

You like candy cane too?

Written By: annimal on 10/09/18 at 1:34 pm

na too much mint

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/09/18 at 1:37 pm

na too much mint

The orange white and yellow things shaped like corn? They’re not minty! I love candy cane.

Written By: annimal on 10/09/18 at 1:44 pm

well, I don't think that's what I want

Written By: nally on 10/09/18 at 6:16 pm

I had an interesting day at work; today we had a little staff meeting, to discuss our company's progress over the year gone by. In addition, lunch was catered from Panera, so I didn't have to bring a lunch today!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/18 at 1:16 am

It has another few days with my granddaughter, she is improving well.

Written By: annimal on 10/10/18 at 11:20 am

okay, yesterday evening I went with my parents to an art show.  Once upon a time, I did art in this group.  might try again now having some stuff that might help get my ears to hear better and the fact that I just cant sit at home here forever.

parody- last line, don't push me

anything else?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/18 at 11:24 am

okay, yesterday evening I went with my parents to an art show.  Once upon a time, I did art in this group.  might try again now having some stuff that might help get my ears to hear better and the fact that I just cant sit at home here forever.

parody- last line, don't push me

anything else?
Keep trying, something will happen, you may chance upon a new skill?

Written By: annimal on 10/10/18 at 11:30 am

just don't have a drawing or painting idea right now and don't if I'll be called to start this Job Exploration thing.  Might want to try another program for learning how to live on my own, but mom and I agree I shouldn't live on my own

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/18 at 11:34 am

just don't have a drawing or painting idea right now and don't if I'll be called to start this Job Exploration thing.  Might want to try another program for learning how to live on my own, but mom and I agree I shouldn't live on my own
Possibly the Job Exploration will inspire you?

Written By: nally on 10/10/18 at 12:28 pm

It has another few days with my granddaughter, she is improving well.

Excellent! O0

Written By: nally on 10/10/18 at 12:29 pm

Anyways, I have an appointment in about half an hour, so I gotta leave pretty soon and go to that. Later!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/18 at 12:36 pm

Anyways, I have an appointment in about half an hour, so I gotta leave pretty soon and go to that. Later!
Take care!

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/10/18 at 1:45 pm

Why not?

Written By: annimal on 10/10/18 at 1:48 pm

about which one(s)

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/10/18 at 1:48 pm

about which one(s)

Not lving on your own

Written By: Howard on 10/10/18 at 1:57 pm

Is this a doctor's appointment?

Written By: annimal on 10/10/18 at 1:58 pm

Not lving on your own

just the fact that sometimes I don't hear or see right.  My brain falls asleep.  I have to go with someone to the bank because I cant hear any talking through the screen.  That's all, I'll need some type of care giver at least sometimes

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/10/18 at 1:59 pm

just the fact that sometimes I don't hear or see right.  My brain falls asleep.  I have to go with someone to the bank because I cant hear any talking through the screen.  That's all, I'll need some type of care giver at least sometimes

Oh ok.  I'm sorry, I hope that wasn't too personal.  I didn't mean to pry.

Written By: annimal on 10/10/18 at 2:05 pm

it's alright

Written By: nally on 10/10/18 at 4:03 pm

Is this a doctor's appointment?

No, not really. It was something else. But it went well.

Now I'm home and don't intend to go out the rest of the day, but I might decide to take a walk around the neighborhood later on.

Written By: nally on 10/11/18 at 6:11 pm

At the office today I was informed of a raise in my pay rate.

Written By: annimal on 10/11/18 at 6:58 pm

I got a message that the music class I am in was asked to perform at a Macy's.  Maybe find out what the event there is when I don't feel so sleepy. 

Written By: Howard on 10/12/18 at 7:37 am

At the office today I was informed of a raise in my pay rate.

Would this happen to be related to the 15 dollars an hour that will be going up in January of next year?

Written By: nally on 10/12/18 at 1:55 pm

Would this happen to be related to the 15 dollars an hour that will be going up in January of next year?

Could be, but I don't know for sure.

Written By: nally on 10/12/18 at 1:56 pm

Anyhoo, I had a dental appointment this morning. Everything went well with that.

Written By: Howard on 10/12/18 at 2:14 pm

Could be, but I don't know for sure.

I heard in January workers will be getting $15.25 an hour.

Written By: nally on 10/12/18 at 2:16 pm

I heard in January workers will be getting $15.25 an hour.

Well, I don't wish to state my pay rate openly here (I feel it is confidential), but it is a bit less than that. :-X

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/18 at 2:28 pm

Going to dinner and then the theatre tonight. Going to see "L'elisir d'amore (The Elixir of Love)" which is an opera. Yup, I'm actually getting Carlos to take me to see an opera.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 10/12/18 at 7:02 pm

have just gotten a message that my job exploration thing will start on Monday!  finally! something starting to happen again in my live.

Written By: annimal on 10/14/18 at 10:55 pm

Don't think I'm going to be gone all day though, I haven't been asked or told when to show up

Written By: nally on 10/14/18 at 11:50 pm

Don't think I'm going to be gone all day though, I haven't been asked or told when to show up

Well, good luck with it tomorrow.

Written By: annimal on 10/14/18 at 11:57 pm

if they want to see me tomorrow.  Maybe the next day

Written By: nally on 10/14/18 at 11:58 pm

^ Well, whenever it is, I'm sure they'll let you know.

As for me, I had a fine day today. :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/15/18 at 2:27 pm

;D

Ready for a funny story?

Today, at work I brought in a dozen donuts.  twenty dozen!  Each person had 20 donuts.  We all loved them!  There were many different flavors and fillings, but my favorite was pumpkin with strawberry and onion filling.

We had 3 people at the office.  They all loved the donuts!

Today, I brought in many, many donuts.  But only 2 were eaten.

Written By: meesa on 10/15/18 at 3:08 pm

Halloween prep, having a lot of fun.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b568/DanaanTD/20181013_191836_zpscepnxndb.jpg
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b568/DanaanTD/20181013_191737_zpst0i6rxiy.jpg

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/15/18 at 3:22 pm

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b568/DanaanTD/20181013_191836_zpscepnxndb.jpg
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b568/DanaanTD/20181013_191737_zpst0i6rxiy.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/jquDWJfPUMCiI/giphy.gif

Written By: Howard on 10/16/18 at 9:33 am

Do you have anything scarier?

Written By: annimal on 10/16/18 at 10:34 am

been kind of looking for different threads to because I'm board.  Then I thought that was a good idea too to keep away from something that hurts my eyes.

Written By: annimal on 10/16/18 at 10:42 am

there's also so many threads around here that look like nobody has posted in for who knows how long. I thing someone might post in them, but there is so many threads to go throughto go through

Written By: nally on 10/16/18 at 5:43 pm

been kind of looking for different threads to because I'm board.  Then I thought that was a good idea too to keep away from something that hurts my eyes.

there's also so many threads around here that look like nobody has posted in for who knows how long. I thing someone might post in them, but there is so many threads to go throughto go through

I can understand that. Sometimes I go through and find old threads to resurrect, and post in them if there's something useful that can be contributed.

Written By: nally on 10/16/18 at 5:45 pm

Anyways...today was quite a busy day. I actually arrived to work a few minutes late because there was an accident on the freeway which was backing up traffic for miles and there was really no way to get around it. But my boss knows that I have a long way to come, and she was glad that I arrived at the office safely.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/18 at 5:49 pm

Today was just one of those days that got away from me.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 10/16/18 at 9:19 pm

I ended falling asleep for a while before dinner.  From lunch I had food in my tummy but no energy.  The training place is ready to talk to me and get started.  They say they got lots of time on Thursday.

Written By: karen on 10/17/18 at 3:51 am

It is two weeks off school/work for James and I. We went up to Cumbria to stay with Dai for a few days.

Saturday was very wet. Dai and I still went out and did the Parkrun. My shoes still haven't dried out!

We also painted the entrance hall. This house has high ceilings so Dai wasn't happy working up the ladder with no one else in the house.  We were able to get a reasonable amount done, plus make decisions on lighting/fireplaces and things in the next room we want to do.

On Sunday we went to an escape room. In this one there were three Egyptian themed rooms, with the final aim being to find the name of the Pharaoh whose tomb we were in. We got out in time and only needed one clue.

Written By: annimal on 10/17/18 at 4:05 pm

I will not be here at one.  Gargamel and I will be discussing how to get rid of the Smurfs once and for all finally hopefully

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/17/18 at 6:29 pm

My eyes are all buggy. I have been working on a photoshop project for the grandkids' Christmas present (turning them into fairies again). I zoom in on the pics to make sure I get those little details-which I'm sure most people will not pick up on-but I will. And after staring at the screen all day-AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!! I am probably about 1/2 way done and I want to get them all done by the end of this month. I just hope my eyes will hold up.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 10/17/18 at 6:44 pm

I've ended up so far spending more of my time today looking at my plants outside.  This morning I've laid out beads to make a necklace, but don't have any string.  Yes Tomorrow I will be talking with the training people to get something started

Written By: nally on 10/18/18 at 11:00 pm

My eyes are all buggy. I have been working on a photoshop project for the grandkids' Christmas present (turning them into fairies again). I zoom in on the pics to make sure I get those little details-which I'm sure most people will not pick up on-but I will. And after staring at the screen all day-AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!! I am probably about 1/2 way done and I want to get them all done by the end of this month. I just hope my eyes will hold up.

Cat

Well, sounds like you've been quite busy with this project. Sometimes I like to zoom in to get details on pictures too; it can be quite a task!

Written By: nally on 10/18/18 at 11:03 pm

Anyhoo, twas a busy day at work for me. I did have to deal with heavy traffic on the freeway this morning, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it was the other day. And the traffic coming home wasn't bad at all.

Written By: 2001 on 10/19/18 at 8:33 am

Anyhoo, twas a busy day at work for me. I did have to deal with heavy traffic on the freeway this morning, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it was the other day. And the traffic coming home wasn't bad at all.

It seems summer construction season did not end here and instead became more busy into October (probably in time for municipal elections on Tuesday ::)). It takes me 1-1.5 hours to get back from work when usually it was 40 minutes in the spring. Yesterday it took me 3 hours to get home from downtown Toronto and it was a completely sunny day (usually it takes 1h30m).  :-\\

Written By: nally on 10/19/18 at 12:04 pm

It seems summer construction season did not end here and instead became more busy into October (probably in time for municipal elections on Tuesday ::)). It takes me 1-1.5 hours to get back from work when usually it was 40 minutes in the spring. Yesterday it took me 3 hours to get home from downtown Toronto and it was a completely sunny day (usually it takes 1h30m).  :-\\

Often times during the summer months, there isn't often any heavy traffic on the roads as I drive to work.

I'm just glad I arrived on time, and most importantly, got there safely.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/18 at 12:56 pm

Don't you know, the shortest distance between two points is usually under construction?

(Murphy's Law of Travel)

Cat

Written By: annimal on 10/19/18 at 4:05 pm

I owe my daddy a hug for sitting down with me and being a parent.  At lunch I got that some of that Your Mother And Mine song in my head.  That's what was upsetting me once again, someone just throwing something at me and treating me like I'm three or something now.   

Written By: annimal on 10/19/18 at 6:26 pm

I gave him a hug

Written By: annimal on 10/19/18 at 9:34 pm

I bought me a silly little shirt in case I want to wear it.  This thing matches the hat I bought last year. if I only knew or got close to the colors of the selves I could probably buy some socks.  I have black shorts and jester shoes. 

Written By: nally on 10/19/18 at 11:09 pm

I gave him a hug

that's nice. I always enjoy it when someone, especially a friendly lady, gives me one. :)

Written By: annimal on 10/20/18 at 10:45 am

all the papers I looked at of all the different types of assault and if you don't report  it ...     

At breakfast, I was just thinking of how happy I might  be going to jail for not reporting an assault that wasn't meant to harm anyone. 

Written By: Howard on 10/20/18 at 2:12 pm

that's nice. I always enjoy it when someone, especially a friendly lady, gives me one. :)

I always give hugs to friends and/or family members. :)

Written By: nally on 10/20/18 at 6:08 pm

I always give hugs to friends and/or family members. :)

Family members, I did that a lot when I was little. Giving them to friends is a whole different feeling.

In fact, today I gave one to a lady friend of mine; her birthday is next Tuesday and she had a celebration at her place this afternoon, so I went to that. The party was lotsa fun!

Written By: annimal on 10/20/18 at 6:14 pm

feel bla whatever after hearing someone say I cant respond. Possible I might not hear something but it doesn't seem someone is considering that

Written By: nally on 10/21/18 at 3:16 pm

Last night I enjoyed watching the Dodgers win Game 7 of the NLCS and was so excited about it that I didn't have time to come back on here when it was finished. It was a great game.
So now i'm gonna take it easy for the next couple days and concentrate on other stuff.

Written By: nally on 10/22/18 at 12:31 pm

Today I probably won't be going out anywhere. :-\\

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 1:45 pm

There is never a good reason to remain indoors all day and do nothing.  There is a whole world out there to explore.  GET off your ass and do something.

Written By: karen on 10/22/18 at 4:12 pm

James and I went to Cambridge today to visit Elizabeth.  We also went to a small exhibition at the university library. It is a copyright deposit library for the UK and the display was on various items in their collection including several Tolkien items such a translations of The Hobbit, a section on children's book and toys and a piece on how they decide what foreign languages books to store.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/18 at 6:32 am

James and I went to Cambridge today to visit Elizabeth.  We also went to a small exhibition at the university library. It is a copyright deposit library for the UK and the display was on various items in their collection including several Tolkien items such a translations of The Hobbit, a section on children's book and toys and a piece on how they decide what foreign languages books to store.
Interesting, especially when Tolkien is associated more with Oxford more than Cambridge.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/18 at 7:51 am

There is never a good reason to remain indoors all day and do nothing.  There is a whole world out there to explore.  GET off your ass and do something.

You got that right!

Written By: annimal on 10/23/18 at 11:26 am

I got seeds I can plant. It will take awhile for them to grow into big plants so why wait?

Written By: nally on 10/23/18 at 6:21 pm

You got that right!

Yes, there is! And tomorrow I will get out and see about taking a good walk, (weather permitting).

Written By: nally on 10/23/18 at 6:23 pm

Anyways, today I had a good day at work... however, about 30 minutes before I left the office, there was a mini-plane crash on the freeway near where my office is; thankfully it didn't affect my drive home, but it did back up traffic for quite a ways in both directions.

Here it is, btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UWAw9efoiI

Written By: nally on 10/24/18 at 10:29 pm

So, this morning at 10 I went to SuperCuts to get my hair cut, then spent time at home with my parents as they celebrated their 42nd anniversary. Then they went out for dinner, while I stayed home to watch Game Two of the World Series (too bad my team got beat again). I also took a walk this afternoon.

Written By: annimal on 10/24/18 at 10:37 pm

my eyes are suddenly starting to feel sore for some reason. Anyway, I got to get my tb checked, have a whats up doc appointment, and stuff so  don't think I'll be here much tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 10/25/18 at 6:06 pm

Had a good day at work today. I reviewed, with the new person in our company, how to perform certain tasks that I usually do, so that she can do said tasks without any trouble when I'm away in just under three weeks. Also I discussed with my boss about amending my work schedule so I don't miss any days.

Written By: nally on 10/27/18 at 12:02 pm

After being up late last night watching the Dodgers finally win Game Three of the World Series, I am well-rested; at some point today I will go to the library, as I often do on Saturdays, to volunteer.

Written By: annimal on 10/28/18 at 7:02 pm

I got bored yesterday, so I decided today was an excellent day to plant two plants from every seed I have.  I'm going to need to buy me some more cups or something to start plants in, especially if I'm going to try and get seeds for Ca native plants as well.  I live the flax if I can get a bunch of those to grow and I already had a little fold wing skipper sipping off the purple pansy.

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/28/18 at 10:43 pm

Tonight I went to one of those haunted house Halloween attractions. I haven't gone in years. It was fun, just not worth the price, but I'd go again next year if anyone would want to. I'm bummed they didn't have a hoodie in my size at the end of it though. I also want to go to a real haunted place and do a lock in tour some day.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/29/18 at 10:17 am

I got seeds I can plant. It will take awhile for them to grow into big plants so why wait?

Today's seed is tomorrow's redwood.  Yes, they actually grow into full size trees in 1 day.  I bet no one knew that.

Written By: annimal on 10/29/18 at 8:17 pm

well today was an appoint day for me and other stuff. was overcast and windy this morning, but got back up to 76.  Tomorrow is play music at Macy's day

Written By: nally on 10/29/18 at 11:54 pm

Tonight I went to one of those haunted house Halloween attractions. I haven't gone in years. It was fun, just not worth the price, but I'd go again next year if anyone would want to. I'm bummed they didn't have a hoodie in my size at the end of it though. I also want to go to a real haunted place and do a lock in tour some day.

Glad you enjoyed it. Too bad about the cost though.

Written By: annimal on 10/30/18 at 10:59 am

music night.  I've had two magnets break for my implant, training to get started, and a medicine to get refilled before I have no refills and am screwed. 

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/30/18 at 12:57 pm

well today was an appoint day for me and other stuff. was overcast and windy this morning, but got back up to 76.  Tomorrow is play music at Macy's day

What's Macys?

Written By: annimal on 10/30/18 at 2:27 pm

some place that has a lot of clothes in store

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/30/18 at 2:28 pm

some place that has a lot of clothes in store
The one in New York City?

Written By: annimal on 10/30/18 at 2:30 pm

fraid not got to get ready for Halloween some how

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/30/18 at 2:34 pm

fraid not got to get ready for Halloween some how

What are you gonna be??  Will you brandish that sword?

Written By: annimal on 10/30/18 at 2:53 pm

in between      always wanted to be

Written By: nally on 10/30/18 at 7:17 pm

Another busy day at work. I still enjoy my job after 2 3/4 years of being in it. :)

Written By: annimal on 10/30/18 at 10:03 pm

a night I'm in no rush to go to bed

Written By: Howard on 10/31/18 at 3:01 pm

The one in New York City?

Yes.

Written By: annimal on 10/31/18 at 11:10 pm

the what?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/18 at 12:26 am

Farewell to thee, sweet October!

Written By: nally on 11/01/18 at 12:51 am

Farewell to thee, sweet October!

It was a super-busy day for me at work, that's for sure! So busy that I had to stay an extra hour to get everything done.

Check for new replies or respond here...