inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I bought a house

Written By: Brian06 on 10/05/18 at 6:39 pm

I bought a house for cheap in Michigan, it needs work but it is nice for the money. The pipes had frozen last winter when the previous people who lived here left. So it needs drywall in the kitchen and dining room, carpets in the dining room and living room, new tile in the kitchen and I had to fix the pipes which I did quick. Ive got about about half of the drywalling done. I got sick of apartments and decided a cheap old house in a small town is a better fit. It’s got a pretty decent yard too.

Subject: Re: I bought a house

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/18 at 6:56 pm

Mazel Tov. How exciting.

Fixer uppers are the way to go. We got a HUGE house for cheap (but it wasn't so cheap after fixing everything up). Now we have one of the prettiest house in town.

A shameless plug:  :D :D :D ;D ;D

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=48369.0

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/06/18 at 2:23 pm

I bought a house for cheap in Michigan, it needs work but it is nice for the money. The pipes had frozen last winter when the previous people who lived here left. So it needs drywall in the kitchen and dining room, carpets in the dining room and living room, new tile in the kitchen and I had to fix the pipes which I did quick. Ive got about about half of the drywalling done. I got sick of apartments and decided a cheap old house in a small town is a better fit. It’s got a pretty decent yard too.

Congratulations Brian. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/18 at 3:36 pm

Well done, I hope it turns out to your dream house?

Written By: 2001 on 10/06/18 at 4:14 pm

Congrats. Take good care of it! :)

Subject: I bought a house

Written By: Dude111 on 10/06/18 at 11:38 pm

Congrats Brian!!!!!

I hope it all goes ok buddy :)

Written By: karen on 10/07/18 at 9:22 am

Congratulations!

If you are prepared to do the work to a reasonable standard (and it sounds as though you are) then you can get more house for your money. We've done this with three houses now.

Written By: annimal on 10/07/18 at 11:58 am

getting a house for myself may be something I need to do some time

Written By: mqg96 on 10/07/18 at 8:51 pm

Mazel Tov. How exciting.

Fixer uppers are the way to go. We got a HUGE house for cheap (but it wasn't so cheap after fixing everything up). Now we have one of the prettiest house in town.

A shameless plug:  :D :D :D ;D ;D

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=48369.0

Cat

There's this show called "Fixer Upper" that comes on HGTV. It's pretty entertaining to watch how those houses get renovated!

That's a good deal Brian! Or should I call you

GanonFanXX

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/07/18 at 10:58 pm

That's great to hear man. How much was it and did you plan this ahead?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/08/18 at 11:02 am

There's this show called "Fixer Upper" that comes on HGTV. It's pretty entertaining to watch how those houses get renovated!

Yup-I know about that show.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/16/18 at 5:46 pm

Impressive.

Someday I will hope to buy a new home; I just need a full time job in which I can earn enough $$$ to do so!

Written By: annimal on 10/16/18 at 9:10 pm

I need a job

Check for new replies or respond here...