inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: January 2019 Monthly Thread

Written By: nally on 01/01/19 at 10:14 am

Happy New Year everyone!!

and...White rabbits!

Subject: Re: January 2019 Monthly Thread

Written By: annimal on 01/01/19 at 11:33 am

Hi

Written By: Howard on 01/01/19 at 2:03 pm

Happy New Year to everyone.  :)

Written By: YZHybrid96 on 01/01/19 at 2:11 pm

Can someone tell me how I can activate the search?

Every time I search something on this website it says that I am not allowed to search...

Written By: nally on 01/01/19 at 4:15 pm

Can someone tell me how I can activate the search?

Every time I search something on this website it says that I am not allowed to search...

Sorry, the Search feature is not available on here. There are way too many posts, and each time someone has tried to use that feature, it has put stress on the server to the point where crashes have occurred. Therefore Chucky disabled it several years back.

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/19 at 4:20 pm

Happy New Year's!

I can't believe it's January. There's no snow outside and it's so warm, relatively speaking :o Kind of depressing to be honest.

Written By: karen on 01/02/19 at 2:30 am

Happy new year everyone. Hope you all had a great Christmas/holiday

My mother in law has been staying with us since the 23rd. We've also seen my family a couple of times during the holiday.

Dai went back to his house in Cumbria yesterday and I am taking my m-i-l home tomorrow.  Back to work next Monday

Written By: Howard on 01/02/19 at 3:10 pm

Happy New Year's!

I can't believe it's January. There's no snow outside and it's so warm, relatively speaking :o Kind of depressing to be honest.

There's no snow outside here either, just cold.

Written By: 2001 on 01/02/19 at 4:07 pm

It started snowing here around the time you posted this ;D

Written By: annimal on 01/03/19 at 6:59 pm

last night I started to wonder if coconut oil can take out some or all of the acid in Pepsi.  I don't know but have now found out that Pepsi wants to buy a coconut oil water company.

Written By: nally on 01/04/19 at 11:14 am

It started snowing here around the time you posted this ;D

Snow doesn't occur where I am, but it was awfully cold yesterday morning. Good thing I was bundled up with my coat, scarf, and gloves.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/05/19 at 1:27 pm

So now that the holidays are over, I had a chance to go through mail that I cast aside for weeks. I had something from Wounded Warriors, the Arbor Foundation, the Wildlife Foundation, the National Park Foundation, Native American Rights, Doctors Without Borders, Care, Americares, St. Jude, Boys' Town, and probably a few others that I forgot. Some of them even sent me more than one. And each of those gave me a bunch of gifts, return labels, maps, return labels, tote bags, return labels, note pads, return labels, a key chain, return labels, note pads, return labels, a pen, return labels, calendars, return labels, greeting cards, return labels, nickels, oh yeah, and return labels. And of course they ALL asked for $$.

I have more return labels that I will EVER need. And I don't think I will ever need another note pad, either.

I can't help think of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G86xHvQnZR0

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/05/19 at 11:42 pm

Due to all the rain today, I didn't feel like going anywhere...but my dad & I went out shopping for groceries this morning and encountered some light rain while we were out. The rest of the day, we didn't go anywhere. Oh, and my mom has been feeling kinda sick with a cold these past couple o' days.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/19 at 8:01 am

Just signing in to report all is fine with me, I am on official babysitting duties till the end of the month, for there is an urgent family matter being dealt with.

Written By: karen on 01/06/19 at 12:21 pm

So now that the holidays are over, I had a chance to go through mail that I cast aside for weeks. I had something from Wounded Warriors, the Arbor Foundation, the Wildlife Foundation, the National Park Foundation, Native American Rights, Doctors Without Borders, Care, Americares, St. Jude, Boys' Town, and probably a few others that I forgot. Some of them even sent me more than one. And each of those gave me a bunch of gifts, return labels, maps, return labels, tote bags, return labels, note pads, return labels, a key chain, return labels, note pads, return labels, a pen, return labels, calendars, return labels, greeting cards, return labels, nickels, oh yeah, and return labels. And of course they ALL asked for $$.

I only had some blank cards from the Red Cross, but I had them three times. I'd rather they saved their money for actually doing something

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/06/19 at 12:29 pm

I only had some blank cards from the Red Cross, but I had them three times. I'd rather they saved their money for actually doing something

Exactly. I wonder how much $$$$$ they spend sending this crap out of millions of people.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 01/06/19 at 12:50 pm

wasn't here yesterday because my arms seemed real sore. 

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/06/19 at 1:26 pm

January isn't off to a great start on my end. Things where I work are very uncertain at the moment and we haven't heard any recent information from the people in charge. I don't take silence as a good sign, especially when these guys stop by every night during the week. No meetings, no nothing. The place can't stay open if they can't find people to run the equipment and fix it, and we're losing the last person who can in a week. All this was bound to happen anyway I'm sure, but it all went wrong so sudden for reasons that are a whole other story. Hours are about to get super long for a while and after that I don't know what to expect and I'm worried.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/19 at 2:53 pm

Just signing in to report all is fine with me, I am on official babysitting duties till the end of the month, for there is an urgent family matter being dealt with.

But it was good to see you sign in. :)

Written By: nally on 01/06/19 at 3:40 pm

Take care in all you do. Thanks for checking in, even if it was brief!

But it was good to see you sign in. :)
Agreed 100%.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/06/19 at 5:14 pm

I'm doing very well, thankfully. Had some time to myself to get certain things done. Releasing my third single/song this week. Catching up on other things as well.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/19 at 5:35 am

I'm doing very well, thankfully. Had some time to myself to get certain things done. Releasing my third single/song this week. Catching up on other things as well.

congratulations. O0

Written By: annimal on 01/07/19 at 5:42 pm

long sad story short,  next week I will be having an appointment alone with a person that mom wants to have for me.  I get to see if I can get through an appointment by myself!

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/07/19 at 7:12 pm

long sad story short,  next week I will be having an appointment alone with a person that mom wants to have for me.  I get to see if I can get through an appointment by myself!

Appointment for what?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/08/19 at 2:17 pm

It's raining today. And it's dark out. My sister Jen is spending the evening with us! We are going to make a special dish called a pastelon. It is a kind of lasagna made of plantains and ground meat or turkey. We will watch TV and chat/catch up. Should be fun!

Written By: karen on 01/08/19 at 4:24 pm

Back to work for me this week.

Just been round to see my dad this evening.  He has a heart defibrillator fitted and recently had an episode where it needed to shock his heart to restart it.  It's about a year since the last time this happened and he thinks this time he might lose his driving licence for a couple of years (last time it was only for a few months). He is waiting for either the hospital consultant or his GP to get in touch.

Written By: annimal on 01/08/19 at 5:48 pm

Appointment for what?

i'm going to talk about independent living skills without my mom being around

Written By: nally on 01/11/19 at 1:56 pm

i'm going to talk about independent living skills without my mom being around

Good luck with that. Wishing you all the best.

Written By: nally on 01/11/19 at 1:57 pm

So, today we're finally putting (most of) our holiday decorations away. The biggest task of all will be putting away all the ornaments carefully and then disassembling our artificial tree (which is composed in three parts) and putting it away.

Written By: annimal on 01/11/19 at 6:01 pm

ok, last talked about an appointment.  I wanted to cook, but didn't know if mom wanted someone else to come to the house ( I'll have to buy my own house so these wonderful services come teach me how to live in it) 

Through a bit more of a wild ride and getting upset and telling myself I dont have a reason to be upset,  I ended up looking up phobia.  Bingo,  My mom telling me I do everything wrong for 35 years has made me in fear of having to tell her anything I do. 

Written By: karen on 01/13/19 at 1:12 pm

Morris dancing today with several local sides.  We were all in Southwell for the plough Sunday celebrations.

The dance side that organised today's event always perform a mummers play for good luck at this time of year.  There is always a sword dance as part of the play. This year they introduced some younger members of the side (children of dancers) with their 'modern interpretation' of the dance.  Four kids got up and a mum put on some music, then they all danced 'Baby Shark'. I had to explain it to some of the dancers in my side  :o

Written By: annimal on 01/13/19 at 1:14 pm

make me feel good in si ide

Written By: violet_shy on 01/13/19 at 2:15 pm

My song "Everything is changing" is #1 in the US Dance charts according to Reverbnation!! I am soo happy and excited, focused so much on getting the song perfect! I guess everyone likes my track.

Here is the link to my fan page.

http://www.reverbnation.com/jessicaann5

I am thrilled!!

Written By: nally on 01/13/19 at 4:19 pm

My song "Everything is changing" is #1 in the US Dance charts according to Reverbnation!! I am soo happy and excited, focused so much on getting the song perfect! I guess everyone likes my track.

Here is the link to my fan page.

http://www.reverbnation.com/jessicaann5

I am thrilled!!

Congratulations!!! O0 :D :) 8)

Written By: violet_shy on 01/13/19 at 6:57 pm

Congratulations!!! O0 :D :) 8)

Thank you!!  8)

Written By: nally on 01/15/19 at 10:27 pm

So, you know how I've been posting some of my "weather" photos to a certain meteorologist's fanpage (and then sharing them on here if they get shared on the tv news)? Well, I just got a notification saying that I've been recognized as a "top fan" of the fanpage! :D

Written By: Howard on 01/16/19 at 3:10 pm

So, you know how I've been posting some of my "weather" photos to a certain meteorologist's fanpage (and then sharing them on here if they get shared on the tv news)? Well, I just got a notification saying that I've been recognized as a "top fan" of the fanpage! :D

Wonderful!  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 01/16/19 at 4:15 pm

That's nice!  :)

Written By: nally on 01/16/19 at 10:15 pm

Wonderful!  :)

That's nice!  :)

Thank you both... and I accepted the honor!

I haven't shared any photos on there recently, however... since lately there hasn't been any noteworthy "weather" atmosphere to take a picture of.

Written By: nally on 01/16/19 at 10:17 pm

So anyways... today we finally put the last of our Christmas decorations/ornaments away, so that's taken care of.

I didn't even need to go anywhere today because of the rain.

Written By: annimal on 01/17/19 at 10:54 am

I have the day off work, but will need to get ready for a dentist appointment soon

Written By: nally on 01/17/19 at 7:00 pm

I have the day off work, but will need to get ready for a dentist appointment soon

Coincidentally, one of my co-workers had a dentist appointment this afternoon, so she was in for half a day.

Written By: annimal on 01/18/19 at 11:17 am

had to get a couple teeth plastered in the upper half of my mouth.  Iv'e looked up some She's glad that I have looked up some stuff and stuff and will be putting a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide on any bloody gums I find when flossing.  Shes happy I now know how bad the acids in soda can damage things.  I never knew any of this,  I've just been told all my live to brush my teeth, brush my teeth,  brush my teeth.

and coconut oil takes out bacteria having to do with fat, not cleaning your teeth.  Now where are those websites so I can respond to them?

Written By: nally on 01/18/19 at 11:19 am

Let's see; today I have a few errands to run, but after that I probably won't have anywhere else to go.

Written By: nally on 01/18/19 at 10:51 pm

had to get a couple teeth plastered in the upper half of my mouth.  Iv'e looked up some She's glad that I have looked up some stuff and stuff and will be putting a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide on any bloody gums I find when flossing.  Shes happy I now know how bad the acids in soda can damage things.  I never knew any of this,  I've just been told all my live to brush my teeth, brush my teeth,  brush my teeth.

and coconut oil takes out bacteria having to do with fat, not cleaning your teeth.  Now where are those websites so I can respond to them?

Well, brushing teeth is important because you gotta protect them. If not, then you lose them and you can't chew anything.

Written By: annimal on 01/18/19 at 11:06 pm

yes about the teeth, but what happens when you have no gums to hold your teeth in your mouth?  that's all I'm saying, there's more to it then just brushing your teeth.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/19 at 2:06 pm

Well, brushing teeth is important because you gotta protect them. If not, then you lose them and you can't chew anything.

I brush almost 3 times a day now, I haven't had many problems except for cavities years ago.

Written By: nally on 01/19/19 at 11:09 pm

I brush almost 3 times a day now, I haven't had many problems except for cavities years ago.

That's good. O0 I haven't had any cavities lately either.

Written By: annimal on 01/20/19 at 12:12 pm

I've been trying to do something with my beads for a while and they still aren't quite organized.  Now I'm considering the fact that I have a whole dresser drawer of costumes and I might want a dresser drawer to fold my new pants in.  So I'm wondering if I want a costume drawer and wondering if I want all these costumes, and if I'm going to do anything with them. 

Talk to annimal at In The 00's    Hey there you three pig brotherhood

got a vampire cape,pirate stuff. jester stuff,Christmas stuff

Written By: annimal on 01/20/19 at 4:12 pm

looks like I may have 12 parodies I can do with a jester.  Eight if I want to sign up as a vampire. I can see if I can do some videos with these and I might have enough to keep me in the new videos section for a little while if I don't release them all at once.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/19 at 5:39 pm

Right now I am rendering the last of my Year in Review videos. YAY!!!! I had more for 2018 than I did for 2017 and it took me until April to finish them.  :-[  To be fair, I started 2018's earlier. I do these year-end videos for no one but myself. It just my way of remembering what I did each year. I started them in 2014. I don't HAVE to do them but I WANT to. And when I look back at old ones, I am amazed at how small the kids were.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 01/20/19 at 6:05 pm

I'll have to see if Joel will still be a little bit of a camera man with me as I still don't have any friends to do this with.  Do some jester stuff, have someone worn me about the vampire bats, various incisions, house of the setting sun and so on.

maybe I can mention this to the people in music class

Written By: nally on 01/20/19 at 6:34 pm

Right now I am rendering the last of my Year in Review videos. YAY!!!! I had more for 2018 than I did for 2017 and it took me until April to finish them.  :-[  To be fair, I started 2018's earlier. I do these year-end videos for no one but myself. It just my way of remembering what I did each year. I started them in 2014. I don't HAVE to do them but I WANT to. And when I look back at old ones, I am amazed at how small the kids were.

Cat

Seems like a nice way to save/bring back memories. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/19 at 7:03 pm

Seems like a nice way to save/bring back memories. :)

Sometimes they seem like a pain in the ass to do them but I am glad that I did.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/21/19 at 12:30 pm

Sometimes they seem like a pain in the ass to do them but I am glad that I did.

Cat

O0

Sometimes I do something of a similar nature with things I have; it can be time consuming but it's worth the time.

Written By: nally on 01/21/19 at 10:28 pm

Anyway, today I had a nice relaxing day at home (so did my parents; none of us had to go to work since today was a U.S. holiday).

Written By: karen on 01/22/19 at 2:53 pm

At work today I was playing about trying to get a fun experiment to work.

Basically I set up two flasks, one making oxygen and the other hydrogen.  Then I collected small amounts of the gas in a plastic bulb, fitted this to an electronic igniter and the spark lit the gas and launched the bulb across the room.

We'd tried last year to get this working without success so I was pleased when it worked.

Talking to James this evening about it he identified why it hadn't worked last year. Glad to solve that mystery. We were using dried yeast as part of the oxygen reaction. My colleague had used fast action yeast which also contains vitamin C. This will probably therefore have made carbon dioxide rather than oxygen

Written By: nally on 01/22/19 at 6:13 pm

^ Interesting story.

Written By: nally on 01/23/19 at 11:01 am

So, yesterday I worked; today I won't be going anywhere (except maybe for a walk).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/19 at 1:13 pm

Doing the back up. What fun.  ::)  Some things just have to be done. I don't want to lose any of my files so I do more than one back up.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/23/19 at 10:50 pm

By the way, my parents are going away this weekend, up north to the Seattle area (actually, Edmonds WA), for a little convention for their tour that they took in Italy last spring. They leave early Friday morning and come back Sunday night. So they starting packing their suitcases this afternoon.

Written By: nally on 01/24/19 at 6:08 pm

By the way, my parents are going away this weekend, up north to the Seattle area (actually, Edmonds WA), for a little convention for their tour that they took in Italy last spring. They leave early Friday morning and come back Sunday night. So they starting packing their suitcases this afternoon.

And today they're doing their last-minute packing.

Written By: nally on 01/25/19 at 12:17 pm

^ ...and they left the house early this morning, while I was still sleeping. Right now they're airborne.

So I have the house to myself this weekend!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/25/19 at 12:52 pm

^ ...and they left the house early this morning, while I was still sleeping. Right now they're airborne.

So I have the house to myself this weekend!

I hope they have a safe flight with this government shutdown.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/25/19 at 2:10 pm

I hope they have a safe flight with this government shutdown.

Cat

Thanks.

They're only flying from L.A. to Seattle. And they're coming back that way on Sunday night. :)

Written By: nally on 01/25/19 at 4:09 pm

And according to the information they left me, they should have landed in Seattle about an hour and a half ago. My mom called me this morning before they left LAX and said they'd call me again later on after they get checked into their hotel.

Written By: nally on 01/25/19 at 10:23 pm

And this evening one of my pictures got shared on tv!! :D I'll see if I can post it in the Photos thread.

Written By: nally on 01/26/19 at 6:10 pm

Today has been a good day; it is good to have a day to myself once in a while (although I did go to the library this morning and interact with people, like I always do).

Written By: nally on 01/27/19 at 3:35 pm

And this morning was good. At church I saw my dear friend for the first time in a couple months, so I finally got a chance to show her my cruise pictures (from November). She was by herself today (this guy she's been dating wasn't there, although I did meet him a few months ago and he seems like a nice fellow).

Written By: nally on 01/28/19 at 11:19 am

So, my parents got back from their weekend trip late last night. They told me they had to wait for their shuttle service to pick them up from the airport due to some miscommunication, but they made good timing getting home.

Written By: karen on 01/28/19 at 12:49 pm

Fairly busy weekend with us.

Parkrun Saturday morning for Dai and I. No PBs this week, but ok times.

We went out for a meal on Saturday night. We had a selection of Dim Sum to start and then we all chose Ho Fun noodle dishes, albeit different ones. I went for a house special which I think came with every meat they offered (chicken, beef, prawn and cuttlefish)

Yesterday James was out with friends at a place called Archery Legends. He did both archery and axe throwing.

Today is James's 17th birthday. In the UK he is now old enough to learn to drive and he starts lessons in a couple of weeks.

And I had my mammogram appointment today. In the UK women between the ages of 50 and 70 are automatically offered a mammogram every three years. If there is a family history you can go earlier and yearly.

Written By: annimal on 01/28/19 at 9:51 pm

well for me on Saturday I had to just continue to rest my brain.  I'll pretend I'm physically  dead tired this weekend if I have rest my brain this week

Written By: nally on 01/28/19 at 11:26 pm

^ sometimes we all need to do that.

Written By: nally on 01/28/19 at 11:27 pm

Fairly busy weekend with us.

Parkrun Saturday morning for Dai and I. No PBs this week, but ok times.

We went out for a meal on Saturday night. We had a selection of Dim Sum to start and then we all chose Ho Fun noodle dishes, albeit different ones. I went for a house special which I think came with every meat they offered (chicken, beef, prawn and cuttlefish)

Yesterday James was out with friends at a place called Archery Legends. He did both archery and axe throwing.

Today is James's 17th birthday. In the UK he is now old enough to learn to drive and he starts lessons in a couple of weeks.

And I had my mammogram appointment today. In the UK women between the ages of 50 and 70 are automatically offered a mammogram every three years. If there is a family history you can go earlier and yearly.

Sounds like you had a really eventful weekend Karen. Happy birthday to James! O0 :)

Written By: nally on 01/29/19 at 10:51 pm

Busy day at work today; Thursday will be a very busy day because it's the end of the month.

Written By: nally on 01/30/19 at 6:49 pm

Not much going on today, where I am. :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/19 at 12:44 pm

Not much going on today, where I am. :-\\

I read this as, "Not much going on today. Where am I?" lol.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/31/19 at 7:28 pm

I read this as, "Not much going on today. Where am I?" lol.

Cat
;)
Sometimes I do feel that way when I have nothing useful to do. Still, on days that I am at home/not going anywhere, I find some sort of project to do, so that i'm not totally bored.

Written By: nally on 01/31/19 at 7:29 pm

Anyway, today I was at work for more extra time than ever before, since it was the last day of the month. Usually I get everything done in the time allotted, but this time I had to wait a while because the server was slow this morning. Still, I made sure I got all my work done.

Check for new replies or respond here...