inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's a Fantastic February... what are you doing this month?

Written By: nally on 02/01/19 at 1:39 am

Yes, we are now into the second month of 2019!

White rabbits...

Subject: Re: It's a Fantastic February... what are you doing this month?

Written By: 2001 on 02/01/19 at 6:24 pm

Staying inside.

We just have to get through this month... Then it's all uphill from here! I've been noticing the longer days, the sun sets at 5:30PM now. Sunrise is still very late though at 7:35AM.

Written By: annimal on 02/01/19 at 6:46 pm

I'm going to be resting tonight.  Lets see if I can look through the rest of the replies today

Written By: nally on 02/01/19 at 10:56 pm

Staying inside.

We just have to get through this month... Then it's all uphill from here! I've been noticing the longer days, the sun sets at 5:30PM now. Sunrise is still very late though at 7:35AM.

Yep...

I have been staying inside the house this evening, with the rain coming back. However, I'll probably have to go out in it tomorrow.

Written By: annimal on 02/02/19 at 10:40 am

going to be doing some stuff in the bathroom when I go and doing some weekend exercise

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/19 at 2:23 pm

Gee it's great to be back home again!

Just spent the month babysitting my granddaughter, it was a wonderful time with her. I was urgently required due to family situations.

Belated white rabbits!

Written By: Howard on 02/02/19 at 2:32 pm

Just spent the month babysitting my granddaughter, it was a wonderful time with her. I was urgently required due to family situations.

Belated white rabbits!

Good to see you back Phil, you've been missed. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/19 at 2:34 pm

Good to see you back Phil, you've been missed. :)
Thanks you Howard.

Have I missed much?

Written By: Howard on 02/02/19 at 2:50 pm

Thanks you Howard.

Have I missed much?

maybe a month's worth, check to see if you missed anything.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/19 at 3:06 pm

Belated white rabbits!

Welcome back. As much as you love spending time with your granddaughter, I hope everything is ok.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/19 at 3:10 pm

Welcome back. As much as you love spending time with your granddaughter, I hope everything is ok.

Cat
Thank you all is fine now.

Written By: nally on 02/02/19 at 8:24 pm

Belated white rabbits!

I completely understand; I am glad you got to spend time with your granddaughter and enjoyed it.

Thank you all is fine now.

Glad to hear that. O0

Written By: nally on 02/02/19 at 8:24 pm

Anyways, today was a good day for me. :)

Written By: annimal on 02/02/19 at 9:45 pm

another day over

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/19 at 3:25 am

Too cold to go for a walk, just staying in relaxing.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/19 at 2:49 pm

very nice day, we have an early Spring!

Written By: annimal on 02/03/19 at 5:22 pm

tomorrow I'll be going back to work.

Written By: karen on 02/04/19 at 11:24 am

don't count on it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/19 at 11:30 am

don't count on it.
Turned out worse again here!

Written By: 2001 on 02/04/19 at 11:34 am

It's feels like it eh. We had 2 feet of snow on the ground and now I can see grass!

But according to meteorologists, it's going to late start to spring for us over here (mid/late April)  :-\\

Written By: karen on 02/04/19 at 11:34 am

We had snow on Friday, Saturday and Sunday were cold but bright sunshine and then it poured with rain overnight. Today was just meh

Written By: nally on 02/04/19 at 5:15 pm

And all weekend long, it was rainy off and on in southern California. The storm may or may not be done passing through, though.

This morning I had to go out somewhere, but thankfully it wasn't raining at all then. In fact, the sun came out.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/19 at 7:40 am

don't count on it.

I know, just for a few days then temperatures will take a tumble as we will be back into the upper 30's low 40's by next week.

Written By: nally on 02/06/19 at 10:33 pm

Today I didn't have to go out anywhere, but it was mighty cold this morning, according to my weather app! :o

Written By: karen on 02/07/19 at 11:27 am

I was supposed to be going out tonight ten pin bowling with a group from work but we've had to postpone it as a couple of people are off work ill.

Written By: nally on 02/08/19 at 1:51 am

^ Sorry 'bout that; hopefully you can get together with them another time!

Written By: nally on 02/08/19 at 1:52 am

As for us... we finally bought a new washer/dryer today. (Actually, my parents did, while I was at work. We found a good brand at a good price.) It will be delivered on Monday morning.

Written By: annimal on 02/08/19 at 9:14 pm

now it's the weekend and I can relax

Written By: nally on 02/08/19 at 9:22 pm

Today I got my hair cut... for the first time since October. Will post a picture of myself later.

Written By: annimal on 02/09/19 at 1:29 pm

going to insist that I want some plants now

Written By: nally on 02/09/19 at 5:48 pm

Visited with a friend who was hosting a boutique this morning (and I even gave her a little chocolate heart), then went to the library to do my volunteering. Will be going out to dinner with some friends this evening.

Written By: karen on 02/10/19 at 4:00 am

We went orienteering yesterday. The event was organised by the university club Elizabeth belongs to, so we thought it would be an opportunity to see her. It was a nice area - just not actually that near her university, which added an hour or more to our journey time going to pick her up.

It was very windy, but stayed dry.

James has his first driving lesson with an instructor this week. Dai has gone out with him this morning to find a quiet car park or street and have a go just starting the car and getting in first gear.

Written By: annimal on 02/10/19 at 3:30 pm

things in the house

Written By: nally on 02/10/19 at 3:31 pm

^ I can relate; we are getting a new washer and dryer tomorrow, and before the new set is delivered tomorrow we have to tidy a few things up in the laundry room (clean the wall, paint it in a few places, and get back into the hard-to-reach places).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/19 at 3:38 pm

^ I can relate; we are getting a new washer and dryer tomorrow, and before the new set is delivered tomorrow we have to tidy a few things up in the laundry room (clean the wall, paint it in a few places, and get back into the hard-to-reach places).

I know this is probably a bit late but an FYI about buying appliances. The more bells & whistles on them, the more things can break. You should buy ones that only have the basic functions.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 02/10/19 at 3:41 pm

trying to make things with my beads

Written By: nally on 02/10/19 at 3:48 pm

I know this is probably a bit late but an FYI about buying appliances. The more bells & whistles on them, the more things can break. You should buy ones that only have the basic functions.

Cat

And we did (I think). My mom made the purchase last Thursday, after researching various brands & models. The one that is going bye-bye, we've had for ten years (and last month it started malfunctioning frequently).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/19 at 10:26 am

And we did (I think). My mom made the purchase last Thursday, after researching various brands & models. The one that is going bye-bye, we've had for ten years (and last month it started malfunctioning frequently).

When we moved about 5 years ago, I wanted to get a new washer & dryer for the new house. (Well, we needed a new dryer because the old one was gas and the new house had to be electric.) I did the research but I really didn't like any of the new washers out there. So, I got a new Whirlpool dryer that just has the basic functions on it, and brought the old washer over. It is probably close to 20 years old now-but you know what they say, "They just don't make 'em like the used to." I am really going to hate it when either one of them has to be replaced. The doors to our laundry room are so small that they can't get through that way. They have to go through the window-and it is on the second floor.  :o  They hoisted them up on the porch roof to get to the window.

I do love having the laundry room on the second floor. It is in between the bedroom & office. I can sit at the computer and can hear when the washer/dryer is done. No running down into the basement like at the old house (and the office was on the second floor, too). Also, I don't have to carry the clothes up & down. We have our laundry basket right in front of the washer and when we get undress at night, we just throw our clothes in there. The laundry that I have to bring up & down the stairs are the towels from the downstairs bathroom & the kitchen. I REALLY love my house! 

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/11/19 at 10:32 am

^ Good for you!! :)

Our current house, we've lived in for almost 18 years. (In fact, a week from Wednesday it'll be that long since we moved into it. It was brand new at the time.) It, too, has the laundry room upstairs, so the appliances have to be brought down/taken up via the stairs; there is no safe way to hoist them from the outside. (That's just how ours was built.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/19 at 10:53 am

Our current house, we've lived in for almost 18 years. (In fact, a week from Wednesday it'll be that long since we moved into it. It was brand new at the time.) It, too, has the laundry room upstairs, so the appliances have to be brought down/taken up via the stairs; there is no safe way to hoist them from the outside. (That's just how ours was built.)

I forgot to mention that I wash everything on the gentle cycle because of the molding downstairs. I'm sure you have seen this but I am just doing the shameless self-promoting thing again.  :D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=48369.0

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/11/19 at 1:44 pm

Since I've been living in this house for 45 years and my family moved in here in 1973, our washer has always been downstairs in the basement.

Written By: nally on 02/11/19 at 2:41 pm

Since I've been living in this house for 45 years and my family moved in here in 1973, our washer has always been downstairs in the basement.

Our house doesn't have a basement; it was built on a concrete slab and has a downstairs and an upstairs. I do know, however, that older houses were built with basements.

Anyway, our washer and dryer were delivered between 9am and 11am Pacific time; the guys unhooked the old ones, took them away, and installed the new ones. So now they're all hooked up; we have to read the owners manuals to learn how to operate them. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/19 at 3:38 pm

Our house doesn't have a basement; it was built on a concrete slab and has a downstairs and an upstairs. I do know, however, that older houses were built with basements.

Anyway, our washer and dryer were delivered between 9am and 11am Pacific time; the guys unhooked the old ones, took them away, and installed the new ones. So now they're all hooked up; we have to read the owners manuals to learn how to operate them. :)

Just about every house in the east has a basement because the ground freezes here. It doesn't normally freeze in southern California. When I lived in Texas, very few houses had basements for the same reason. Our washer & dryer were out in the garage.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/11/19 at 4:17 pm

Just about every house in the east has a basement because the ground freezes here. It doesn't normally freeze in southern California. When I lived in Texas, very few houses had basements for the same reason. Our washer & dryer were out in the garage.

Cat

Which makes sense given the typical climate in the areas.

In fact, 25 years ago this June we visited a lifelong friend of my mom's who lives just north of Chicago; that house has a basement and I remember the laundry machines were down there.

Written By: 2001 on 02/11/19 at 4:34 pm

Cat

I was having a debate with Sharksfan about this. In Australia, houses don't have basements either. In Canada, every house has a basement, it's not something I ever thought about. :P

Written By: annimal on 02/12/19 at 10:15 am

music day last night and my insides froze.  Looken at what I might be able to catch up with from yesterday

Written By: karen on 02/12/19 at 2:44 pm

I was having a debate with Sharksfan about this. In Australia, houses don't have basements either. In Canada, every house has a basement, it's not something I ever thought about. :P

In the UK it depends on the age of your house. Some older (Victorian) house have basements (cellars), but not all do. Most modern houses do not, but in London for space reasons some people are now have them dug out under their existing house space.

Most people have the washing machine in the kitchen or maybe in a utility room next to the kitchen.  It is very rare here to have them upstairs

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/12/19 at 2:46 pm

music day last night and my insides froze.  Looken at what I might be able to catch up with from yesterday

Seems like you were not able to catch up, am I correct?  My assumptions are usually spot on.  MUSIC DAY??  This is not ok.

Written By: annimal on 02/12/19 at 5:40 pm

only able to ketchup

Written By: nally on 02/12/19 at 6:21 pm

In the UK it depends on the age of your house. Some older (Victorian) house have basements (cellars), but not all do. Most modern houses do not, but in London for space reasons some people are now have them dug out under their existing house space.

Most people have the washing machine in the kitchen or maybe in a utility room next to the kitchen.  It is very rare here to have them upstairs

Yeah, that's how some homes are designed. I have seen some that way. Age of the house and geographic location are key factors here.

I just know that many houses in California are designed so that they have a laundry room, which is often placed near the bedrooms; in the case of a two-story home the laundry room would be up there, and it's often convenient to have the laundry room close to the bedrooms.

Written By: karen on 02/13/19 at 12:15 pm

..., and it's often convenient to have the laundry room close to the bedrooms.

In the UK most people peg their washing outside on a line so would prefer the machine to be downstairs so you carry the wet washing straight outside.

Written By: karen on 02/13/19 at 12:17 pm

Morris dance group AGM tonight - we look at potential dance locations/visits for the year and discuss new dances or music people are thinking of using.

Written By: nally on 02/13/19 at 2:54 pm

In the UK most people peg their washing outside on a line so would prefer the machine to be downstairs so you carry the wet washing straight outside.

I completely understand.

Morris dance group AGM tonight - we look at potential dance locations/visits for the year and discuss new dances or music people are thinking of using.

Sounds good - hope all turns out well with that.

Written By: annimal on 02/14/19 at 10:58 am

Last night I got this dream that  was riding in the car with some guy in the night and the radio was playing some oldie sounding song having to do with Jack and cats.  When we got to a home where we were going, he opened the trunck and there were a bunch of plants in it

Written By: karen on 02/14/19 at 1:56 pm

As a charity fundraiser one class at the school I work at sells roses for Valentines Day. You tell them who it is for, and what the message is, and they deliver them during the day.  Today myself and the other technicians had two roses each. One from a teacher who came in and explained that he was sending us one, and one from Anonymous. 

Written By: nally on 02/15/19 at 10:40 pm

^ Nice! Sounds like an interesting concept.

I had a good day at work...and a good day overall myself (yesterday).

Written By: nally on 02/15/19 at 10:42 pm

And today I used it for the first time, to wash one load. I'll have to do more tomorrow. The things that I washed came out in much better condition than they ever did with the old washer/dryer.

Written By: karen on 02/16/19 at 5:51 am

Not long back from the local parkrun. Does anybody else do these?  A 5K run (not a race) organised by volunteers, every Saturday starting at 9.00 (at least in the UK they do).  Today I posted a new personal best!  I was feeling dreadful part way round so I am very pleased.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/19 at 2:17 pm

Not long back from the local parkrun. Does anybody else do these?  A 5K run (not a race) organised by volunteers, every Saturday starting at 9.00 (at least in the UK they do).  Today I posted a new personal best!  I was feeling dreadful part way round so I am very pleased.

Way cool. Congrats.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/18/19 at 10:37 pm

Today (Monday) was a holiday, Presidents Day, so I was home all day. Didn't need to go out anywhere.

Tomorrow will actually not be a work day for me, because my boss wants me to come in on Wednesday, which I'm fine with doing because I have no plans for that day.

Written By: annimal on 02/19/19 at 10:48 am

yesterday ( Monday) we went to some stores.  I got a couple of plants

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/19 at 2:53 pm

I am back for a few days, cannot gauranteed to be online for the next few days. I been busy here and there.

Have I missed much?

Written By: 2001 on 02/19/19 at 3:01 pm

I am back for a few days, cannot gauranteed to be online for the next few days. I been busy here and there.

Have I missed much?

Welcome back! Other than a few posters getting banned, not much. :P

Written By: 2001 on 02/19/19 at 3:02 pm

Staying inside.

I've been really noticing the longer days now and it's a huge boost to my mood! 7:10AM sunrises and 5:55PM sunsets. I'm loving it! Daylight Saving Time is around the corner too; I'm looking forward to returning home in broad daylight.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/19 at 3:05 pm

Thanks.

Looking at the unread replies, that seemed to be the case.

Written By: nally on 02/19/19 at 11:24 pm

Have I missed much?

Hello again Philip!

There has been some activity on here in the past week, that's for sure.

such as this.

Written By: annimal on 02/20/19 at 11:35 am

finally warming up

Written By: Howard on 02/20/19 at 3:24 pm

Have I missed much?

Good to see you back Phil. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/19 at 3:24 pm

Good to see you back Phil. :)
O0

Written By: Howard on 02/20/19 at 3:25 pm

I've been really noticing the longer days now and it's a huge boost to my mood! 7:10AM sunrises and 5:55PM sunsets. I'm loving it! Daylight Saving Time is around the corner too; I'm looking forward to returning home in broad daylight.

time to set the clocks forward.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/19 at 3:26 pm

time to set the clocks forward.
For us in the UK, it will be at the end of March.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/19 at 3:41 pm

For us in the UK, it will be at the end of March.

ours is March 10.

Written By: nally on 02/20/19 at 5:35 pm

ours is March 10.

That's when the clocks go forward in the U.S. this year.

Written By: Howard on 02/21/19 at 7:36 am

That's when the clocks go forward in the U.S. this year.

That means the sun will go down later.

Written By: annimal on 02/21/19 at 2:43 pm

I had a dentest appointment this morning and now the bottom of my mouth is all weird

Written By: nally on 02/21/19 at 6:43 pm

I had a dentest appointment this morning and now the bottom of my mouth is all weird

That often happens after such a visit.

Written By: annimal on 02/21/19 at 7:37 pm

I can drink out of a glass now

Written By: nally on 02/21/19 at 10:48 pm

^ good to know. O0

Anyways, I had a really good day at work, although I had to deal with some slow traffic on the way home (possibly due to the weather; there was rain off and on, but it was also very cold out).

Written By: annimal on 02/22/19 at 10:05 am

work today and this weekend walk to Home Depot myself if no one takes me.  I might want to get  a verbena at Lowes but that's nowhere near the house

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/22/19 at 11:43 pm

Enjoying a weekend getaway with hubby!  :D

Written By: karen on 02/23/19 at 5:02 am

Drove up to the Lake District on Thursday to stay with Dai. We went for a walk yesterday above Coniston, it was a beautiful day.

This morning Dai and I did a parkrun, leaving James in bed. We have various jobs to do around the house today, but might go and look for some new sofas. There is a shop closing down advertising "no reasonable offer refused" and we're trying to decide what is a reasonable offer!

Written By: annimal on 02/23/19 at 10:44 am

well I'm probably going to get my couple of plants out of their black pots and put them in a lighter color if nothing else.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/19 at 10:50 am

Drove up to the Lake District on Thursday to stay with Dai. We went for a walk yesterday above Coniston, it was a beautiful day.

The Lake District most have looked wonderful in this unseasonal weather we are having?

Written By: Howard on 02/23/19 at 2:12 pm

enjoy your getaway. :)

Written By: nally on 02/23/19 at 5:42 pm

Nice!! Have a great time! 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/19 at 8:52 pm

enjoy your getaway. :)
Enjoy, take care, and have fun!

Written By: annimal on 02/23/19 at 9:41 pm

going to bed tonight

Written By: nally on 02/23/19 at 9:46 pm

going to bed tonight

Aren't we all? (eventually?)

Written By: annimal on 02/23/19 at 9:49 pm

We are?

Written By: nally on 02/23/19 at 9:49 pm

We are?

Well... it's what most people do at the end of a day.

Written By: annimal on 02/23/19 at 9:51 pm

It's night time now and I haven't gone to bed yet

Written By: nally on 02/23/19 at 9:53 pm

Well, neither have I...but I will eventually.

Written By: annimal on 02/23/19 at 11:03 pm

I'm still up

Written By: nally on 02/24/19 at 3:33 pm

Had a nice morning at church, then came home.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/19 at 9:48 pm

I'm still up
So am I!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/25/19 at 6:36 am

I'm still up

So am I!

I'm not.  I'm still asleep dreaming that I'm posting.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/19 at 7:50 am

I'm not.  I'm still asleep dreaming that I'm posting.

Cat
It is how I feel now, up the Oscars live, I'm regretting it now.

Written By: nally on 02/26/19 at 11:03 pm

Had a good day at work, but when I came home and checked my email, I found out that a friend of mine had passed on, after a battle with some sort of brain disease. :\'( This man was 15 years older than me (in his 50s), but he was a nice guy, and I knew him from a diners club that I've belonged to since '04.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/19 at 12:10 am

Busy day yesterday, doing important things, not walking so many steps, and still came home feeling tired.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/19 at 3:13 pm

Had a good day at work, but when I came home and checked my email, I found out that a friend of mine had passed on, after a battle with some sort of brain disease. :\'( This man was 15 years older than me (in his 50s), but he was a nice guy, and I knew him from a diners club that I've belonged to since '04.

My condolences. :(

Written By: nally on 02/27/19 at 9:28 pm

My condolences. :(

Thanks. The person who sent out the email, btw, has not given any word on a funeral or memorial as of yet.

Written By: annimal on 02/27/19 at 9:38 pm

trying to remember what fun I use to have at amiright.  All I seem to feel now is that it was just a waste of my time when I could have been doing a bunch of gardening to make it look much better then it does now

Written By: nally on 02/28/19 at 6:05 pm

Busy day at work for the last day of the month. However, in the office we made a plan earlier in the week to help things go a little smoother and quicker... and that seemed to work. Therefore, I didn't have to stay late!

Written By: annimal on 02/28/19 at 6:56 pm

waiting for next month

Written By: nally on 02/28/19 at 11:58 pm

waiting for next month

Not too much longer, although it's now next month in several time zones already.

In fact, I'll just start the new thread.

Check for new replies or respond here...