inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: April 2019 Monthly Thread

Written By: nally on 04/01/19 at 1:00 am

Guess I'm the one to start it up yet again...

White rabbits!! (No pun intended just because Easter's coming up.)

Subject: Re: April 2019 Monthly Thread

Written By: nally on 04/01/19 at 10:34 am

So... what's everyone doing today, on the first day of April?

I'm going to stay home since today's not my day for going to work.

Written By: annimal on 04/01/19 at 10:41 am

I think I have to work

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/19 at 12:10 pm

Spring energy is in the air! I don't know what kind of switch turned on today, but I have a lot more energy today than even the last few weeks of March and definitely a lot more than winter. :D

Written By: Howard on 04/02/19 at 7:19 am

So... what's everyone doing today, on the first day of April?

I'm going to stay home since today's not my day for going to work.

nothing much, My Mother is celebrating her birthday Thursday.  :)

Written By: annimal on 04/02/19 at 10:39 am

My dad's birthday is I think on the 8th

Written By: nally on 04/03/19 at 6:42 pm

Busy day at home today. We had our carpet cleaned this morning; the process took 4 hours. Before the carpet cleaning company got to our house, we had to make sure everything was off of it (save for furniture) so that the guys could do their work. Now we have to wait for it to dry. Because of this, I haven't been able to get online at all today...until now. And in less than an hour I have an event to go to.

Written By: nally on 04/03/19 at 6:43 pm

My dad's birthday is I think on the 8th

Very nice; my dad's is the next day!

Written By: annimal on 04/03/19 at 6:49 pm

mom and dad are going out for dinner now

Written By: nally on 04/03/19 at 6:56 pm

mom and dad are going out for dinner now

That's nice; I hope they have a good time. My dad is not sure where he wants to go for dinner next week on his special day, but since it is a Tuesday, we will all have to go to work.

Written By: karen on 04/04/19 at 1:28 pm

Busy few days here.

James has gone on a school trip to Greece. The bus left the school car park at about 4 a.m. yesterday. Thankfully its only about a five minute walk from the house so we only needed to get up a short while before.

Then last night Elizabeth and I ran the bar at the school Jazz Night. We've done it for the past few years. It's good fun, great music and lots of people to chat to, plus free food and a drink.

Today was the last day of work/school until just after Easter.  Various end of term jobs to leave the labs in a decent shape for the start of term while the rest of the school are at the various Founder's Day church services (different year groups go to different venues in the schools and a couple of the churches in town). When the students have all left at noon the staff get a three course celebratory meal.  Then I came home and had a nap!

Dai will come home tonight so we can have a day with Elizabeth before she goes on a field study trip for a week.

Written By: nally on 04/07/19 at 8:12 pm

Yesterday (Saturday) I finally completed my tax forms and mailed them! (I would have done it sooner, but I wanted to make sure I had everything right on them before submitting them.)

Yes I know there is also the option to take them to a professional and have it done that way (which I actually did last year... on the first of March), but I didn't do that this time around.

Written By: karen on 04/08/19 at 5:47 am

We decided to get Elizabeth to pack all her uni stuff so we could take everything last Friday. We drove down to Cambridge, unloaded the car and then went out for a nice meal in a Greek restaurant.

Dai and I went round to see my dad on Saturday and fit a key safe outside his house. My niece is a trained paramedic and she recommended he get one fitted so it would be easier for the ambulance crew to get into the house if necessary. I also vacuumed up the cobwebs from all the downstairs rooms. I don't think they had been done for a while!

James came back from his school trip early this morning. Later today I am taking him to the test centre for his driving theory test.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/19 at 5:59 am

We decided to get Elizabeth to pack all her uni stuff so we could take everything last Friday. We drove down to Cambridge, unloaded the car and then went out for a nice meal in a Greek restaurant.

Dai and I went round to see my dad on Saturday and fit a key safe outside his house. My niece is a trained paramedic and she recommended he get one fitted so it would be easier for the ambulance crew to get into the house if necessary. I also vacuumed up the cobwebs from all the downstairs rooms. I don't think they had been done for a while!

James came back from his school trip early this morning. Later today I am taking him to the test centre for his driving theory test.

...and Cambridge won the Boat Race too.

Written By: karen on 04/09/19 at 3:50 am

...and Cambridge won the Boat Race too.

All of them.

We didn't know anybody rowing this time, though I think Elizabeth probably knows the girl rowing at stroke as they are in the same college. Last year we knew a girl in the Cambridge Women's second boat.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/19 at 3:54 am

All of them.

We didn't know anybody rowing this time, though I think Elizabeth probably knows the girl rowing at stroke as they are in the same college. Last year we knew a girl in the Cambridge Women's second boat.
O0

This year's race was of keen interest for me, for Olympic Rowing Medalist James Cracknell was at Number 2 in the boat. 

Written By: annimal on 04/09/19 at 10:29 am

work today  after work tomorrow, I get to go grocery shopping

Written By: nally on 04/09/19 at 6:27 pm

Today is my dad's birthday; we took him out for dinner last night because we all had to go to work today. We're gonna have birthday cake later on tonight. :)

Written By: karen on 04/10/19 at 10:47 am

Walked into town this morning to take a book back to the library. The library has a new smart system installed, meaning on some days you can only enter by swiping your library card and typing in a PIN. This system wasn't running last time I went to the library so I couldn't register. It's working now, and Wednesday is one of the smart days where you can only get in using your card. I am in town again tomorrow getting my hair cut so I will have to go back to register at the library.

James's friends have come round for a Dungeons and Dragons session. There's a distinct smell of teenage boy about the place.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/10/19 at 1:02 pm

Going to look at a new(er) vehicle today.

Pics if I get it.

Written By: nally on 04/10/19 at 2:56 pm

Going to look at a new(er) vehicle today.

Pics if I get it.

Good luck with that.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/19 at 3:12 pm

Today is my dad's birthday; we took him out for dinner last night because we all had to go to work today. We're gonna have birthday cake later on tonight. :)

Happy Birthday to him. :)

Written By: ninny on 04/11/19 at 3:28 am

Happy Belated Birthday to your dad

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/11/19 at 6:40 am

Woe is me - I gotta get the taxes done  :o

Written By: annimal on 04/11/19 at 10:25 am

gonna finish mine as well.  Lets see, the weekend is coming and I'm going to want to do some garden like stuff even if it's just arrange the weeds to look nicer.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/19 at 1:04 pm

Done!

I am lucky because I let Carlos handle it which is basically handing everything over to our financial advisors. This year will be no harm, no foul. We don't owe nor will we get anything back.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/11/19 at 11:02 pm

Just traded in my Malibu for a 2015 Chevrolet Impala LTZ.  I'll get some pics up when I get a chance.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/19 at 7:27 am

Do you have any refunds coming to you, AG?

Written By: nally on 04/12/19 at 11:27 am

Done!

I am lucky because I let Carlos handle it which is basically handing everything over to our financial advisors. This year will be no harm, no foul. We don't owe nor will we get anything back.

Cat

Glad I got mine finished last weekend. I will be getting a small refund.

Written By: nally on 04/12/19 at 11:28 am

Anyhoo, I have a dental appointment this morning (one hour from now, in fact).

Written By: floppy on 04/12/19 at 12:32 pm

Found out I've been very sick...

Written By: Howard on 04/12/19 at 2:21 pm

Found out I've been very sick...

Hope you feel better.

Written By: nally on 04/12/19 at 10:52 pm

Anyway, my dental appointment went well this morning. No cavities or anything to mention.

Written By: karen on 04/13/19 at 4:57 am

Anyhoo, I have a dental appointment this morning (one hour from now, in fact).

We went to the dentist yesterday as well

Anyway, my dental appointment went well this morning. No cavities or anything to mention.

Same here.

Written By: karen on 04/13/19 at 4:59 am

So glad we don't have to do this.

Just got back from Parkrun. Elizabeth posted a new personal best (and beat her former chemistry teacher by one second!)

Written By: Howard on 04/13/19 at 2:26 pm

I was at the dentist last month and lo and behold, no cavities. :)

Written By: nally on 04/13/19 at 3:24 pm

We went to the dentist yesterday as well

Same here.

O0

I was at the dentist last month and lo and behold, no cavities. :)

O0

Written By: annimal on 04/14/19 at 12:01 pm

yesterday was mom why cant I garden day.  I got her to say something besides I cant dig and me saying but I can to her.

Written By: nally on 04/15/19 at 11:41 pm

Yesterday (Sunday) was a good day for me, even though we had a long morning at church. But we rested the remainder of the day.

Today I had things to take care of. Tomorrow's a work day.

Written By: annimal on 04/16/19 at 10:08 am

I am trying to recall the os I used for the magic parody I did.  Pair of dice  I roll the dice and lookie one's already bare.  I don't remember all I wrote and did.

Written By: nally on 04/17/19 at 12:59 pm

This morning I got my car serviced... but it took a little longer than usual, because they had to replace the battery (in addition to doing the routine work), and they noticed that one tire was low. So they sent me down the street to the tire store (where we had purchased new tires for this car 2+ years ago) so the people there could look at it. So I did that, and they found a nail embedded in said tire. It got fixed, and they didn't charge me anything for that because the set of tires was under warranty. (The only thing I had to pay for was service to the car.)

Written By: annimal on 04/18/19 at 10:13 pm

My current work and trying to get work that might help me get some kind of training.  I don't want to talk about it.

Written By: nally on 04/19/19 at 1:40 am

^ Fair enough, if that's how you feel.

Written By: nally on 04/19/19 at 1:46 am

Right now I am tired after a long day. Drove to work (with no heavy traffic), worked my hours, then drove home (with plenty of heavy traffic). Had an early dinner with my family, then we went to the church for our Holy Thursday service. Parents had to set everything up, practice the music with the choir, and then came the service (7pm). When it was over we came home.

Tomorrow my mom has to go to the church for the Good Friday service, but my dad and I don't. Which is good because I need a day at home.

Written By: annimal on 04/19/19 at 10:35 am

plans have been made to eventually try working somewhere else for possible better training, but I may not be at a place that care and love eachother as much

Written By: nally on 04/19/19 at 11:51 am

^ Too bad about that.

I've been in my current job for 3 1/4 years (exactly) and it's a good company with good people (including a caring boss, who shows concern when an employee is not feeling well - which was the case with me last month).

Written By: annimal on 04/19/19 at 11:47 pm

well, I don't know yet.  I just know these people that are suppose to be helping me seem like they want to deny my rights and if so they're going to pay

Written By: nally on 04/20/19 at 11:46 am

^I've had similar experiences when trying to look for a job. Someone would help me all they could, but never actually get me into a good employment. I still am hoping for a good employment position closer to home (my current job is a 27-mile drive one way from my house), but part of me doesn't want to leave my current job because it's a good company and I enjoy the work/environment there.

Written By: nally on 04/20/19 at 11:46 am

Anyways, right now my dad is taking my mom to an urgent care facility because she injured her hand yesterday and wants to see what she can do to get it back to normal.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/19 at 2:16 pm

^ Too bad about that.

I've been in my current job for 3 1/4 years (exactly) and it's a good company with good people (including a caring boss, who shows concern when an employee is not feeling well - which was the case with me last month).

I've been at my job for about 12 years.

Written By: nally on 04/20/19 at 2:34 pm

I've been at my job for about 12 years.

Awesome. Do you enjoy it there?

Written By: nally on 04/20/19 at 4:13 pm

Anyways, right now my dad is taking my mom to an urgent care facility because she injured her hand yesterday and wants to see what she can do to get it back to normal.

Update: They just got back home a short while ago; my mom's hand is doing better. The doctor gave it an injection, which will help subside the pain.

Written By: annimal on 04/20/19 at 6:44 pm

my hands will need a little rest from weed pulling

Written By: Howard on 04/21/19 at 7:23 am

Awesome. Do you enjoy it there?

It's OK It's not the greatest but at least it's a job and I'm moving about.

Written By: karen on 04/21/19 at 11:25 am

Update: They just got back home a short while ago; my mom's hand is doing better. The doctor gave it an injection, which will help subside the pain.

I hope she is soon back to full health.

Just back from a weekend in Cambridge. Dai's mum came with us. We stayed in an Airbnb place - a semi-detached two bed house in a new complex of apartments and houses.

On Friday we had a punt and went up and down the river and yesterday we went to Ely to visit the cathedral there.  Today we were at the botanic gardens before driving home

Written By: nally on 04/21/19 at 3:45 pm

^ Oh yes, she was. Thanks.

In fact, last night she was able to sing at the Easter Vigil service and conduct the choir without any trouble. Same with this morning at 9 for today's service.

And then afterwards we went out to our favorite place for brunch!

Written By: annimal on 04/22/19 at 6:25 pm

came across a Sacramento butterfly garden website so I've started looking up some plants again. 
this is exactly what I've been looking for,  Plants butterflys can stop by and eat as they're migrating.So anyway, I'm looking at what they sugest.  My monkey flower seeds just came and I think I want to get some solar pumps some time soon to create some sort of little fountains. 

Written By: floppy on 04/23/19 at 4:57 am

Sleepless night today  >:(

Written By: annimal on 04/23/19 at 6:54 pm

talk and stuff having to do with work and stuff. bla

Written By: nally on 04/23/19 at 11:36 pm

So...I'll be having the house to myself during the final week of April; this is because my parents will be going on a week-long cruise up the west coast of the US. (I'm not going with them, since I have work to do, and stuff like that.) They've had a busy last few weeks (with preparations for Easter, etc), so they need some time away.

Written By: annimal on 04/24/19 at 10:34 am

Think I'll plant some seeds I now have starting with the monkey flower seeds I just got.  already planted  the soy bean seeds.  Have lupine seeds but may want to put them in the ground instead of a pot because they grow very deep roots.  Have chrysanthemum seeds but think they need to be planted in the fall

Written By: nally on 04/24/19 at 11:21 am

So...I'll be having the house to myself during the final week of April; this is because my parents will be going on a week-long cruise up the west coast of the US. (I'm not going with them, since I have work to do, and stuff like that.) They've had a busy last few weeks (with preparations for Easter, etc), so they need some time away.

They'll be leaving in less than an hour, by the way.

Written By: karen on 04/24/19 at 11:50 am

All round to Jeff's for a party!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/19 at 12:49 pm

PARTY! PARTY!

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/24/19 at 12:53 pm

PARTY! PARTY!

Cat

Sure! The door is open now! ;) :D

Written By: nally on 04/24/19 at 11:17 pm

Had a mild headache for part of the afternoon today, but I'm glad it's gone now.

Written By: annimal on 04/25/19 at 10:23 am

The last thing I needed happened to me yesterday, that guy that keeps saying and wants to  buy me ice cream at Mc Donalds was at the bus station.

Written By: karen on 04/25/19 at 12:04 pm

Had a mild headache for part of the afternoon today, but I'm glad it's gone now.

Too much partying!  ;)

Written By: karen on 04/25/19 at 12:20 pm

International Penguin Day - let's celebrate!

Or go to work as normal, eat dinner and flop in front of the tv

Written By: nally on 04/25/19 at 6:08 pm

Too much partying!  ;)

That, and not enough sleep during the night.

Written By: annimal on 04/25/19 at 7:28 pm

I find myself rarely sleeping these days.  It seems to help me when I stuff myself at dinner time.

Written By: nally on 04/25/19 at 11:13 pm

I find myself rarely sleeping these days.  It seems to help me when I stuff myself at dinner time.

Simple advice: Don't eat too much at dinner time. You can get full without stuffing yourself.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/19 at 7:45 am

International Penguin Day - let's celebrate!

Or go to work as normal, eat dinner and flop in front of the tv
Celebrate by making a journey home?

Written By: Howard on 04/26/19 at 8:05 am

Simple advice: Don't eat too much at dinner time. You can get full without stuffing yourself.

or just limit your portions.

Written By: annimal on 04/26/19 at 10:29 am

I just had some dreams last night after having a big meal.  Okay, it was full not stuff stuff, but it seems my brain needs extra food my brain to function in everything I do.  Yesterday I put some of my plants in the ground to get them out of plastic pots.  In the evening, I had some trouble listening to part of a cartoon so I decided to watch some Pink Panther

Written By: nally on 04/26/19 at 11:25 am

or just limit your portions.

That's good to do too.

I just had some dreams last night after having a big meal.  Okay, it was full not stuff stuff, but it seems my brain needs extra food my brain to function in everything I do.  Yesterday I put some of my plants in the ground to get them out of plastic pots.  In the evening, I had some trouble listening to part of a cartoon so I decided to watch some Pink Panther

O....kay... I think I understand (somewhat).

Written By: annimal on 04/26/19 at 10:10 pm

^ I don't understand me either

good news and bad news  the bad news is I'll be gone all day tomorrow.  The good news is that my boyfriend is a movie star

Written By: nally on 04/26/19 at 11:45 pm

Anyways, I'm doing fine holding down the fort at home. Parents messaged me earlier today (email/facebook) and I told 'em things were just fine here at home. Right now they're on the ship heading toward San Francisco.

Written By: annimal on 04/27/19 at 6:47 pm

We traveled to get to this cancer information thing.  I ended up having double vision and hearing problems, but mom said she got some good info.

Written By: annimal on 04/28/19 at 11:40 am

looked at mybeads and I have punk spikes so I wanted to remind myself what punk was. Of the music lists and titles in then I saw, I now a knew God Save The Queen for sure although I couldn't hear the speach I know what the song sounds like.

I'll go in the shower  some time after my brother gets out then figure out what the L i'm going to do

;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/19 at 11:43 am

Going to see Menopause: The Musical-AGAIN, today.  :) :)

The last time we saw it-and it looks like maybe this time, too included Megan Cavanagh in the cast-who played Marla Hooch in A League Of Their Own.

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/28/19 at 5:50 pm

Anyways, I'm doing fine holding down the fort at home. Parents messaged me earlier today (email/facebook) and I told 'em things were just fine here at home. Right now they're on the ship heading toward San Francisco.

Yesterday (Saturday) in the morning, my mom called me from San Francisco; she and my dad say they've been having a good time. (And I assume they did during the day, after talking to me on the phone.) Today (Sunday) they are at sea, heading further north. Tomorrow is their next port (Astoria, Oregon).

Written By: annimal on 04/28/19 at 9:26 pm

Looking to see if I can find any more info on jesters and stuff and came across street performers.  That's what I'd be determined to do.  I've already written hundreds of my own parodies unless there's some kind of real bad law to get me or something.  I might be able to just do something like this as a hobby maybe.

Written By: annimal on 04/29/19 at 6:11 pm

the place I work at is in trouble.  They want me to bring my joker hat.

Written By: annimal on 04/30/19 at 10:53 am

slight change of plans.  What they're having me do at work right now is messing up my double vision so I'm going to be a pirate.  Lets see, Polly spelled backwards is Yllop.  How do you say that?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/19 at 11:53 am

Busy day this morning, going for place to place, at one point it was easier to walk than waiting for public transport.

Written By: nally on 04/30/19 at 6:38 pm

slight change of plans.  What they're having me do at work right now is messing up my double vision so I'm going to be a pirate.  Lets see, Polly spelled backwards is Yllop.  How do you say that?

"Ill-op"? That would be my best guess.

Written By: nally on 04/30/19 at 6:42 pm

Busy day this morning, going for place to place, at one point it was easier to walk than waiting for public transport.

O0

I had a busy day myself, with work. Being the last day of the month, it's always a busy time. But I got everything done; only stayed 10 extra minutes.

Written By: annimal on 04/30/19 at 7:14 pm

So I came dressed as a pirate and made the workers laugh and smile as well a someone to come say high to me.  Planning on showing them my jester hat and eventually my magic hat ( gust need to make sure mom doesn't find out or I'm sure she'll kill me,  but this is a positive place that thinks that love and determination are important.  They want to see me dress up again

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/19 at 2:31 am

Bye Bye April!

Written By: floppy on 05/01/19 at 3:09 am

It is now May 1st.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/19 at 4:05 am

It is now May 1st.
dvr2n9q8t3I

Written By: nally on 05/01/19 at 9:36 am

Bye Bye April!

It had its share of eventful moments, for all of us. :)

Written By: annimal on 05/01/19 at 10:35 am

bye bye month  bye bye springyness

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/19 at 10:36 am

bye bye month  bye bye springyness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FUcrQhTBY

Check for new replies or respond here...