inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ***Monthly Thread for June 2019***

Written By: nally on 06/01/19 at 1:03 am

The year is flying by... Welcome to the month of June!!

I hope it turns out to be a good month for all of us.

White rabbits! :D

Subject: Re: Your Monthly Thread for June 2019

Written By: nally on 06/01/19 at 2:31 pm

Well? What's everyone doing this month?

Subject: Re: ***Monthly Thread for June 2019***

Written By: 2001 on 06/01/19 at 4:34 pm

I had a nightmare last night that it was snowing in June. I went back inside my home to get my jacket and when I came back out my car was stolen.  :\'(

I had another cool/somewhat scary dream  where I was a Dragonball Z character and I was able to fly, that was an amazing experience. It was scary because I knew something was about to go down and I'd have to fight to save the planet. Thankfully I woke up before that happened.

In general last night was a "dreamy" night, I swear I must've had 5 different dreams. ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 06/01/19 at 7:04 pm

So today was a great day! I had to help my mom do some grocery shopping. She can't carry a lot of heavy bags of food so thankfully I was there to help. What made the day so great is when I was looking through Apple Music...all 5 of my singles are on there!! Happiest feeling in the world! Can't wait to work on my next song during the month of July. Or possibly sooner. I hope so, please God! :)

Written By: annimal on 06/01/19 at 9:54 pm

play with beads all day day

Written By: nally on 06/01/19 at 11:56 pm

So today was a great day! I had to help my mom do some grocery shopping. She can't carry a lot of heavy bags of food so thankfully I was there to help.

That was really nice of you to be there for her! :)

What made the day so great is when I was looking through Apple Music...all 5 of my singles are on there!! Happiest feeling in the world! Can't wait to work on my next song during the month of July. Or possibly sooner. I hope so, please God! :)

Awesome!!! Wishing you all the best. 8)

Written By: annimal on 06/02/19 at 10:08 am

wash my bedding day

Written By: Howard on 06/02/19 at 3:04 pm

This Saturday coming up This would be The 24th anniversary My brother had passed away.  :\'(

Written By: annimal on 06/02/19 at 3:13 pm

non I have no picture. At least I don't have to look at any 404's

Written By: violet_shy on 06/02/19 at 3:30 pm

This Saturday coming up This would be The 24th anniversary My brother had passed away.  :\'(

I know this is late, but I'm so sorry about your brother. Will you be visiting his grave site to give him flowers and gifts?... If you do, please leave him a white rose from me. I always do that for ones who have passed on.

Written By: 2001 on 06/02/19 at 4:00 pm

This Google Cloud outage is driving me nuts since a lot of my scripts rely on it. I feel like I know what it's like to live in the stone age now ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/03/19 at 8:03 am

I know this is late, but I'm so sorry about your brother. Will you be visiting his grave site to give him flowers and gifts?... If you do, please leave him a white rose from me. I always do that for ones who have passed on.

No unfortunately I'll be working that Saturday but Thank You so much. :)

Written By: nally on 06/03/19 at 11:08 am

No unfortunately I'll be working that Saturday but Thank You so much. :)

Similarly, last month marked 20 years since my maternal uncle passed away. He was cremated, so he doesn't have a grave site.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/03/19 at 12:47 pm

It's a beautiful day out, so I treated my mother and myself to some ice cream sundaes. She hasn't been doing too well, and has certain health problems that she has to deal with everyday. Thankfully, today she feels great! I hope she feels like that tomorrow and from then on. She's got a birthday coming up on the 15th! She will be 62.

Written By: Howard on 06/03/19 at 2:12 pm

It's a beautiful day out, so I treated my mother and myself to some ice cream sundaes. She hasn't been doing too well, and has certain health problems that she has to deal with everyday. Thankfully, today she feels great! I hope she feels like that tomorrow and from then on. She's got a birthday coming up on the 15th! She will be 62.

That's so wonderful Jessica.  :)

Written By: annimal on 06/03/19 at 2:47 pm

so fer today, I put my Gerbera in a slightly bigger pot

Written By: nally on 06/03/19 at 4:58 pm

It's a beautiful day out, so I treated my mother and myself to some ice cream sundaes. She hasn't been doing too well, and has certain health problems that she has to deal with everyday.

That's wonderful that you were able to take her out for treats. Sorry to hear about her health issues.

Thankfully, today she feels great! I hope she feels like that tomorrow and from then on. She's got a birthday coming up on the 15th! She will be 62.

Very nice. Happy early b'day to her.

Written By: karen on 06/04/19 at 11:20 am

raining today here in the middle of the UK, and I pegged out a load of washing, so the tumble drier is now active

James and I went up to the Lake District for the latter part of last week. We went to a museum and learnt quite a bit of the history of the town where Dai lives.

We spent a day removing a fireplace and stripping wall paper in the main room, and then went out to buy the new fire and surround.  We found some of the original floor tiles from the fireplace which are about 120 years old. The fireplace we pulled out dates from the late 60s as we found some scraps of newspaper underneath the hearth.

We also got together with a former work colleague who has also moved up to the area with her family.  She now works as a maths tutor and has a holiday cottage that she lets out. It was nice to catch up

Written By: nally on 06/04/19 at 5:44 pm

Great day at work today.

We had some visitors in the office today; they were there for a behavioral audit (the audit we had back in March was a financial audit). And at lunchtime, we took them out for lunch.

Written By: annimal on 06/04/19 at 7:09 pm

I moved some of my furniture.  Another one of those I hate my room feelings,so it was time to make some changes.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/04/19 at 8:02 pm

Getting ready for the warm Summer weather that we will have the rest of the week. It's going to be very hot and sticky tomorrow :P Thankfully, I bought plenty of cold drinks to have. Anyone care to visit me!? Lol.

Written By: 2001 on 06/04/19 at 8:10 pm

Getting ready for the warm Summer weather that we will have the rest of the week. It's going to be very hot and sticky tomorrow :P Thankfully, I bought plenty of cold drinks to have. Anyone care to visit me!? Lol.

Lucky you! It only got up to 12c (54f) in Toronto today.  :\'( I'm scared we might not have summer this year.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/04/19 at 8:36 pm

Lucky you! It only got up to 12c (54f) in Toronto today.  :\'( I'm scared we might not have summer this year.

Maybe you'll have a late Summer.

But yeah, we're getting the hot sticky weather. The kind of weather where we get all sticky and when you lick your arm it's salty...hahaha ;D..I know, I'm weird. Lol.

Written By: nally on 06/04/19 at 11:46 pm

I wonder if there's gonna be any where I am, in so Cal. Of course, the season begins in two weeks, on the solstice, but sometimes it feels like it before then. All we got over here is basically june gloom.

Written By: annimal on 06/05/19 at 10:34 am

june is one of Modesto's 100 months so 93 isnt that far off.  my plants are under a skade screen so they are probably just 80 and not being pre roasted they might not die on the first day of 100.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/05/19 at 11:05 am

I wonder if there's gonna be any where I am, in so Cal. Of course, the season begins in two weeks, on the solstice, but sometimes it feels like it before then. All we got over here is basically june gloom.

Really? I was thinking you were having all the great weather! Lol. I always imagine California is nice and warm at this time of the year.

Written By: nally on 06/05/19 at 11:06 am

Really? I was thinking you were having all the great weather! Lol. I always imagine California is nice and warm at this time of the year.

Sometimes it can be. But this year we still have June Gloom on the morning of the 5th. Sometimes the JG lingers on for a while; sometimes it's only for a few days. Sometimes there's no JG at all.

For the record I can remember 16 years ago, back in 2003, we had like two weeks of it.

Written By: karen on 06/05/19 at 11:42 am

It depends where in California you go.  San Francisco is noted for being a bit on the chilly side, even in summer. Mark Twain is supposed to have said "The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco".  We definitely put on jackets when we were there in June 2009, though we'd been in t-shirt and shorts elsewhere in the state

Written By: Howard on 06/05/19 at 3:04 pm

Over here in New York, temperatures will be in the upper 70's.

Written By: nally on 06/05/19 at 6:50 pm

It depends where in California you go.  San Francisco is noted for being a bit on the chilly side, even in summer. Mark Twain is supposed to have said "The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco".  We definitely put on jackets when we were there in June 2009, though we'd been in t-shirt and shorts elsewhere in the state

Yes, it is known to be chilly up there.

Although when I was there in October 2017, on one of my cruise trips, it actually got warm.

Written By: 2001 on 06/06/19 at 5:34 pm

I spoke too soon! It was a nice sunny 25c (77f) day today. Not quite the dog days of summer hot yet but it's getting there. We might still have a summer after all!

Written By: annimal on 06/06/19 at 11:54 pm

think my eye would like to rest tonight

Written By: Howard on 06/07/19 at 7:31 am

I spoke too soon! It was a nice sunny 25c (77f) day today. Not quite the dog days of summer hot yet but it's getting there. We might still have a summer after all!

Summer is in another 14 or 15 more days.

Written By: annimal on 06/07/19 at 10:20 am

well it's already hot here

Written By: nally on 06/07/19 at 12:00 pm

The guy from the pool company is coming over today, and he is going to share with us, a plan for a proposed pool in our backyard. We will have to make a very serious decision on whether we want to go through with it, as it will cost thousands of dollars to install (should we accept it). And if we don't want to get a pool, then we will reconfigure our back yard some other way.

In fact, he just arrived, so I gotta go downstairs to take care of business.

Written By: nally on 06/08/19 at 12:20 pm

The guy from the pool company is coming over today, and he is going to share with us, a plan for a proposed pool in our backyard. We will have to make a very serious decision on whether we want to go through with it, as it will cost thousands of dollars to install (should we accept it). And if we don't want to get a pool, then we will reconfigure our back yard some other way.

In fact, he just arrived, so I gotta go downstairs to take care of business.

We liked his plan, and we have not yet made a final decision as to whether to go through with it. If we do, it will take approximately 10 to 12 weeks to install; most of the plants and other connections will need to be removed from the backyard, and of course that will take some time. We would like to make a decision on it soon, however.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/08/19 at 12:42 pm

Enjoying today! Spending time with the family, catching up, having fun. I've been doing some redecorating in my bedroom. Earlier today I purchased a small Thomas Kinkade print/painting which I hung up on my wall along with some other elaborate decor. I also purchased two beautiful miniature trinket/jewlery boxes! I went ahead and took a picture of them...they are absolutely gorgeous! I still have a lot of redecorating to do.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2gtqg41.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/08/19 at 4:00 pm

Enjoying today! Spending time with the family, catching up, having fun. I've been doing some redecorating in my bedroom. Earlier today I purchased a small Thomas Kinkade print/painting which I hung up on my wall along with some other elaborate decor. I also purchased two beautiful miniature trinket/jewlery boxes! I went ahead and took a picture of them...they are absolutely gorgeous! I still have a lot of redecorating to do.

That's quite beautiful! :)

Written By: violet_shy on 06/08/19 at 4:48 pm

That's quite beautiful! :)

Thanks!  :)

Written By: nally on 06/08/19 at 4:52 pm

Kinkades are always lovely. Those little boxes are beautiful too. :)

Written By: nally on 06/08/19 at 4:54 pm

So, yesterday on the local news, another photo of mine was shared on the weather report! (This was my first photo in three months to get shared.) Not only that, the weatherwoman who does the weather (whose Facebook fanpage I shared it on) replied, thanking me for posting it!

If you'd like, I can share it in the photos thread.

Written By: annimal on 06/10/19 at 7:36 pm

hi  I've been playing solitaire most of the day because the background color is dark and muck easier on my eyes.  Tomorrow I plan to visit the people I worked with. 

Written By: karen on 06/11/19 at 11:14 am

The weather here has been wet and horrible for the past few days.

I was supposed to be dancing at an event on Saturday, but the event moved to an indoor venue, and we were expected to dodge the showers and dance outside so we cancelled.  Dai and I took the opportunity to go to the cinema to see Rocketman.  Not a bad film if you like musicals.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/19 at 12:24 pm

The weather here has been wet and horrible for the past few days.

I was supposed to be dancing at an event on Saturday, but the event moved to an indoor venue, and we were expected to dodge the showers and dance outside so we cancelled.  Dai and I took the opportunity to go to the cinema to see Rocketman.  Not a bad film if you like musicals.

O0

But is "Rocket Man" as good as "Bohemian Rhapsody"?

Written By: karen on 06/12/19 at 11:10 am

O0

But is "Rocket Man" as good as "Bohemian Rhapsody"?

no

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/12/19 at 11:23 am

no
Thanks,

I have been looking forward to seeing it, and nearly went to see it recently, looks like I saved some money there, and I heard more about it on the mews, that it has been banned in Western Samoa for certain scenes in the film.

Written By: annimal on 06/12/19 at 11:27 am

Nothing really planned today, but tomorrow I have a meeting having to do with what I need to do to have my own house if I'd like one some time soon or something

Written By: karen on 06/12/19 at 12:32 pm

Thanks,

I have been looking forward to seeing it, and nearly went to see it recently, looks like I saved some money there, and I heard more about it on the mews, that it has been banned in Western Samoa for certain scenes in the film.

I didn't say don't go and see it. It just isn't as good as Bohemian Rhapsody - doesn't make it a bad film though

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/12/19 at 1:13 pm

I didn't say don't go and see it. It just isn't as good as Bohemian Rhapsody - doesn't make it a bad film though
O0

It will be seen eventually.

Written By: annimal on 06/12/19 at 4:01 pm

haven't been hearing people time to put a CD in my stereo.  Now typing with Stuck In the Middle

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/12/19 at 10:57 pm

I can visualise nothing happening today, rain is set, it's like autumn.

Written By: annimal on 06/13/19 at 1:33 pm

mom telling me about my eye based on information that is at least a year old if not more.  The doctors are always right and how I notice my eyes or something is working is wrong.  The muscle in one of my eyes is suppose to be dead.  Seams I can move them both left and right a little bit.  just overall I may have some brain damage

Written By: nally on 06/13/19 at 6:30 pm

The big news of the day is this: we decided in favor of getting a pool installed in our backyard!

The process will take about 3 months; it should be finished sometime in September, before we travel.

Written By: annimal on 06/13/19 at 7:06 pm

yesterday I got 926 points on a Klondike Solitaire game

Written By: nally on 06/14/19 at 11:26 am

The big news of the day is this: we decided in favor of getting a pool installed in our backyard!

The process will take about 3 months; it should be finished sometime in September, before we travel.

And last evening we were talking about the pool installation, and while it should be finished before the end of September, we decided it would be better for us to postpone our travel plans until mid-October. (We had a cruise trip booked for starting the last weekend of September, but cancelled it and booked a cruise trip starting on October 19 instead. This way we can be sure the pool is completed, and we have some time to enjoy it, before we leave for a week.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/19 at 11:42 am

And last evening we were talking about the pool installation, and while it should be finished before the end of September, we decided it would be better for us to postpone our travel plans until mid-October. (We had a cruise trip booked for starting the last weekend of September, but cancelled it and booked a cruise trip starting on October 19 instead. This way we can be sure the pool is completed, and we have some time to enjoy it, before we leave for a week.)
O0

Enjoy it when it is finished.

Written By: nally on 06/17/19 at 1:25 pm

We took my dad out for a Father's Day dinner this past Friday, but he also wanted to do something special yesterday (on Father's Day itself). So after church, we took him out for brunch, at a place near the church. (He originally wanted to go to the beach and have a picnic lunch with us, but the "June gloom" precluded that. It wouldn't have been a good day to go on the beach.) So he had a nice day yesterday. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 06/17/19 at 1:31 pm

We took my dad out for a Father's Day dinner this past Friday, but he also wanted to do something special yesterday (on Father's Day itself). So after church, we took him out for brunch, at a place near the church. (He originally wanted to go to the beach and have a picnic lunch with us, but the "June gloom" precluded that. It wouldn't have been a good day to go on the beach.) So he had a nice day yesterday. :)

Sounds nice! I didn't celebrate Father's day. Haven't seen my dad in 4 years! He calls occasionally. But I didn't hear from him yesterday.

Written By: nally on 06/17/19 at 1:41 pm

Sounds nice! I didn't celebrate Father's day. Haven't seen my dad in 4 years! He calls occasionally. But I didn't hear from him yesterday.

That's kinda sad. But at least he calls.

Written By: karen on 06/18/19 at 11:19 am

I would not expect my dad to call me because it's Father's Day. Surely you should call him?

My dad came round for dinner on Sunday - nothing fancy. It also gave me chance to interpret a doctors letter he'd had.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/20/19 at 2:26 pm

Everyone tells me I'm too nice...but what does that really mean? I can't help it if I'm kind to everyone. It's true I don't get that in return sometimes, but that will not stop me from being myself.

Written By: annimal on 06/20/19 at 3:40 pm

I'm bored sure it's hot but that hasn't seemed to stop me from going outside.  There's a highway being built and all the times of the buses are messed up.  Our backyard is being worked on and there aren't even weeds for me to pull right now.  I'm going to have to go walking somewhere later today

Written By: nally on 06/20/19 at 7:33 pm

I'm bored sure it's hot but that hasn't seemed to stop me from going outside.  There's a highway being built and all the times of the buses are messed up.  Our backyard is being worked on and there aren't even weeds for me to pull right now.  I'm going to have to go walking somewhere later today

Speaking of backyards... ours is going to be dug up this summer so that our swimming pool can be installed. In fact, our gardener removed some boxwoods the other day.

Written By: annimal on 06/20/19 at 7:42 pm

dirt is being taken out and landscape fixed up

Written By: nally on 06/20/19 at 11:07 pm

dirt is being taken out and landscape fixed up

I take it that's what's going on at your place? Nice.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/19 at 7:39 am

Everyone tells me I'm too nice...but what does that really mean? I can't help it if I'm kind to everyone. It's true I don't get that in return sometimes, but that will not stop me from being myself.

There's nothing wrong with being too nice, I like being friendly to others sometimes, it goes a long way.

Written By: annimal on 06/21/19 at 10:36 am

[/quote

yeah mom cant work om the ground so I guess that's why she's getting the weed all out. 

Written By: nally on 06/21/19 at 12:17 pm

yeah mom cant work om the ground so I guess that's why she's getting the weed all out.

Sounds like a plan. :)

Written By: nally on 06/21/19 at 12:18 pm

So tonight we have plans to go to Dodger Stadium to see the Dodgers take on the Colorado Rockies. Let's hope it's an interesting game!

Written By: annimal on 06/21/19 at 2:26 pm

our refrigerator has stopped working as well as it was.  I just made myself my tv dinner for lunch

Written By: annimal on 06/21/19 at 4:45 pm

I'll be waiting nother day  no two  before appointment time

Written By: nally on 06/22/19 at 12:28 pm

So tonight we have plans to go to Dodger Stadium to see the Dodgers take on the Colorado Rockies. Let's hope it's an interesting game!

And it was a great game! Details in the Baseball thread in the Sports Zone section.

Written By: annimal on 06/22/19 at 12:38 pm

cool. my pansy has three flowers on it now

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/19 at 2:44 am

Just dropping to in to report that all is fine, and I am currently spending more time babysitting than being able to be online. When I did have a chance to be online, my connection was playing up.

Written By: Howard on 06/23/19 at 2:30 pm

Just dropping to in to report that all is fine, and I am currently spending more time babysitting than being able to be online. When I did have a chance to be online, my connection was playing up.

Good to see you again Phil, it's been a while. :)

Written By: nally on 06/23/19 at 2:55 pm

Glad you're fine; sorry about your connection.

Written By: annimal on 06/23/19 at 4:26 pm

got my computer in my closet so it wont reflect or be by the window.  Only thing now is that I got to find out what just happened to this adjustable cart.  I cant keep standing on my knees

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/24/19 at 7:52 am

Tbh I can’t wait for this month to end so people can stop shoving a rainbow flag up my face  ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 06/24/19 at 8:22 am

^ Awwww Rainbowz (pun intended or no?) that's soooo homophobic  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 06/24/19 at 8:26 am

Tbh I can’t wait for this month to end so people can stop shoving a rainbow flag up my face  ;D

Hey, I'll keep this avatar for July if a simple flag triggers you so much ;D

Written By: nally on 06/24/19 at 11:23 am

Hey, I'll keep this avatar for July if a simple flag triggers you so much ;D

I've been keeping the same pic for 15 years.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/19 at 2:49 pm

Why? cause your name is Rainbowz? ;D

Written By: annimal on 06/24/19 at 7:09 pm

well, my appointment will need to be rescheduled

Written By: nally on 06/24/19 at 11:02 pm

well, my appointment will need to be rescheduled

That reminds me, I have an upcoming dental appointment in October that I'll need to reschedule, because our vacation will take place during the week in question.

Written By: karen on 06/25/19 at 12:12 pm

Rainbow Flag for Pride Month

Written By: annimal on 06/25/19 at 2:54 pm

I cant read the yellow

Written By: annimal on 06/25/19 at 6:20 pm

great, my mom decided she needed to have another discussion

Written By: nally on 06/27/19 at 11:19 am

Today is Thursday, but I don't go to work today (like I normally do on Thursdays) because I'm going in tomorrow instead (I have to be in on the last weekday of each month to do end-of-the-month duties). And since next Thursday is a holiday, I won't be going to work on a Thursday again until my birthday! (Lucky me!)

Written By: nally on 06/28/19 at 6:23 pm

...and today was quite a busy day. So busy that I needed to stay an extra half-hour...and get home later, due to traffic conditions.

Written By: annimal on 06/29/19 at 1:29 pm

a my Windows licence is going to expire thing keeps popping up on my computer.

Written By: nally on 06/29/19 at 8:23 pm

^ Hope you can renew it soon. Those pop up thingys are a pain.

Written By: annimal on 06/29/19 at 11:01 pm

Joel got it to disappear.  He tried real quick on Friday before he left for work, but didn't quite get it

Written By: nally on 06/30/19 at 10:20 pm

Joel got it to disappear.  He tried real quick on Friday before he left for work, but didn't quite get it

Awesome! O0

Written By: nally on 06/30/19 at 10:22 pm

So on this, the final day of the first half of 2019, I managed to have a good day. :)

Tomorrow, on the first of July, we've got a digging company coming over to start digging out a certain portion of our yard for where the pool's gonna go. It's a multi-step process that's gonna take ~3 months.

Written By: annimal on 06/30/19 at 10:33 pm

today on the 30th, my Gerbera and Pansy look great.  I'm hoping I can keep them cool for the next couple of months.  If not at least the roots from frying

Check for new replies or respond here...