inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oh me oh my! It's time for July! What'cha doing THIS month?

Written By: nally on 07/01/19 at 9:03 am

The month of July is now upon us!

White rabbits!

Subject: Re: Oh me oh my! It's time for July! What'cha doing THIS month?

Written By: annimal on 07/01/19 at 11:15 am

white rabbit hunter

Written By: nally on 07/01/19 at 12:39 pm

So, the people that came over this morning were here to remove some trees, which they did. That is one of the many steps involved in the construction of our pool, which will likely begin sometime this month.

Written By: karen on 07/01/19 at 2:28 pm

Nearly the end of the school/work year here.

I am currently prepping various salads for an after work thing tomorrow for two long time members of the science department who are retiring at the end of term.

This coming weekend will be the 80th birthday of our Morris dance musician.  He always has a big do for "big" birthdays. It is also mother in law's birthday, so she is coming to stay with us and joining in with the dance on Saturday evening.

On Sunday it is the end of year school concert. Two stages running simultaneously with a mixture of concert (brass) band, orchestras, small guitar ensembles, choirs, etc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/19 at 5:11 am

Hello I am back for a few days, it has been a busy time with my granddaughter.

Written By: Howard on 07/02/19 at 5:37 am

Hello Phil, How are things? :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/19 at 8:53 am

Nearly the end of the school/work year here.

I am currently prepping various salads for an after work thing tomorrow for two long time members of the science department who are retiring at the end of term.

This coming weekend will be the 80th birthday of our Morris dance musician.  He always has a big do for "big" birthdays. It is also mother in law's birthday, so she is coming to stay with us and joining in with the dance on Saturday evening.

On Sunday it is the end of year school concert. Two stages running simultaneously with a mixture of concert (brass) band, orchestras, small guitar ensembles, choirs, etc.

Hi Karen!

Did you get to see any of the Women's Cricket played in your home town recently?

Written By: annimal on 07/02/19 at 10:14 am

got sick of my mom again and the way she does things.  Today I need to buy me a finger nail cutter so I can cut my nails and am about to run out of Tums.

Written By: nally on 07/03/19 at 2:17 am

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a work day for me... my only such day this week, because I get a paid holiday on Thursday.

So when I return to the office next Tuesday, there'll be lots of work for me to catch up on. Then Thursday of next week (11th) is my birthday, which will also be a work day for me, but later on I have plans to go out to dinner with my family.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/19 at 2:19 am

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a work day for me... my only such day this week, because I get a paid holiday on Thursday.

So when I return to the office next Tuesday, there'll be lots of work for me to catch up on. Then Thursday of next week (11th) is my birthday, which will also be a work day for me, but later on I have plans to go out to dinner with my family.
When I was at my last work, it was almost like a tradition to have you birthday off, but you do have to leave a cake or sweets/candy for the staff for the day.

Written By: nally on 07/03/19 at 2:21 am

When I was at my last work, it was almost like a tradition to have you birthday off, but you do have to leave a cake or sweets/candy for the staff for the day.

Hey; I went to work on my birthday two years ago, and enjoyed it. (My boss even gave me a little treat.) I also went to work on my birthday for two straight years in my teens, since I was in a summer employment program back then.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/19 at 2:22 am

Hey; I went to work on my birthday two years ago, and enjoyed it. (My boss even gave me a little treat.) I also went to work on my birthday for two straight years in my teens, since I was in a summer employment program back then.
Where I was there was public on the premises too, events like this were not openly displayed.

Written By: nally on 07/03/19 at 2:26 am

Where I was there was public on the premises too, events like this were not openly displayed.

When I had my temporary job back in 2010, my birthday fell on a Sunday, but a few of my then-coworkers took me out for lunch the Friday beforehand.

Written By: Howard on 07/03/19 at 3:24 pm

I'm so glad to be off tomorrow for Independence Day! :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/03/19 at 3:40 pm

Poppin' in to say hello!  :D

Written By: Howard on 07/03/19 at 4:17 pm

Poppin' in to say hello!  :D

Long time no see. :)

Written By: annimal on 07/03/19 at 10:30 pm

lets see, I started playing with my beads again

Written By: nally on 07/04/19 at 10:43 am

Gonna stay at home today for the 4th.

Written By: annimal on 07/04/19 at 3:45 pm

I'm playing with my beads again very determined to use or loose them

Written By: nally on 07/05/19 at 12:00 am

This afternoon there was an earthquake centered in Ridgecrest, which is in the High Desert area of southern California. Yet I could feel it at my home (near the Pacific Ocean). The magnitude was estimated at 6.4, yet there was hardly any structural damage anywhere (according to news reports). That's probably because it was out in the middle of nowhere. It was also felt in places outside of California.

Written By: annimal on 07/05/19 at 4:01 pm

I don't seem to be doing much today

Written By: nally on 07/05/19 at 10:32 pm

This afternoon there was an earthquake centered in Ridgecrest, which is in the High Desert area of southern California. Yet I could feel it at my home (near the Pacific Ocean). The magnitude was estimated at 6.4, yet there was hardly any structural damage anywhere (according to news reports). That's probably because it was out in the middle of nowhere. It was also felt in places outside of California.

Oh em gee... there was another one that happened just now! It was also centered in Ridgecrest...and the magnitude for this one was estimated at 7.1! :o

Written By: annimal on 07/06/19 at 10:55 am

Maybe see when the sun  is done shining where I'm going to be planting.  I noticed it shaded at 1:30 against the house but does it shade sooner?  It's Joel's Birthday on Monday.

Written By: annimal on 07/06/19 at 4:22 pm

nothing important

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/19 at 3:43 am

This from last week applies for today too.

Written By: nally on 07/09/19 at 9:03 am

This from last week applies for today too.

That's good; hope all is fine on your end!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/19 at 9:13 am

That's good; hope all is fine on your end!
All is well, and busy with my usual task of babysitting and on my other days clearing out my home.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/19 at 9:28 am

Oh em gee... there was another one that happened just now! It was also centered in Ridgecrest...and the magnitude for this one was estimated at 7.1! :o
Hopefully no more since?

Take care.

Written By: annimal on 07/09/19 at 10:31 am

jumbo Jacks taste better without cheese

Written By: nally on 07/09/19 at 6:04 pm

Hopefully no more since?

Take care.

There were some aftershocks near the epicenter of the quake, but none that could be felt where I am.

Written By: nally on 07/10/19 at 1:44 pm

So, a guy came over this morning to install a new shower door (in the shower in our downstairs bathroom), but it ended up being the wrong size, so now that shower stall is out of use until the correct size door can be installed. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/19 at 2:26 pm

So, a guy came over this morning to install a new shower door (in the shower in our downstairs bathroom), but it ended up being the wrong size, so now that shower stall is out of use until the correct size door can be installed. :-\\
btw, do not forget to take a cake and candy into work for your colleagues tomorrow.  :)

Written By: nally on 07/10/19 at 6:01 pm

btw, do not forget to take a cake and candy into work for your colleagues tomorrow.  :)

I do have a treat I can bring with me, but I don't know that all my coworkers will want it. In fact, I will probably get a birthday greeting card signed by all of them. (That's how it is when one of us has a birthday.)

And after I leave the office tomorrow afternoon, I have plans to stop to visit a friend who works at a staffing agency. Then I will head for home.

Later on my family & I will go out for a nice dinner.

Written By: annimal on 07/10/19 at 7:02 pm

Our health care providers wont let me have a Colon test.

Written By: nally on 07/11/19 at 8:36 am

So, I'll be workin' today on my birthday... but that's ok because I like my job. :) Moreover, it's a good company with good people.

Written By: annimal on 07/11/19 at 5:24 pm

I got the spots on me looked and it doesn't look like a problem

Written By: nally on 07/11/19 at 11:30 pm

So, I'll be workin' today on my birthday... but that's ok because I like my job. :) Moreover, it's a good company with good people.

I got home after 3pm, by the way (due to lots of heavy traffic on the Highway 101); later on we went out for a nice dinner at a restaurant that we all like. Then we went to the nearby shopping mall, where I spent $100 on new things for myself, and got plenty of exercise.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/19 at 7:28 am

I got home after 3pm, by the way (due to lots of heavy traffic on the Highway 101); later on we went out for a nice dinner at a restaurant that we all like. Then we went to the nearby shopping mall, where I spent $100 on new things for myself, and got plenty of exercise.

What did you get with the money?

Written By: nally on 07/14/19 at 10:33 pm

What did you get with the money?

New clothes for myself. :)

Written By: annimal on 07/15/19 at 10:53 am

waiting for the land scaper to be done doing whatevrr the heck he still needs to do.

Written By: nally on 07/15/19 at 6:06 pm

So I went to work today (Monday) and it's a good thing I did because there was LOTS of work to get done. And I finished it all.

Written By: annimal on 07/15/19 at 6:14 pm

seeing the granite stuff being put in the ground.  The poor bugs that lost their homes

Written By: nally on 07/17/19 at 11:29 pm

Well, our pool construction has not officially started yet, but this morning we got a visit from a guy from the pool company who'll be in charge of the project. He laid out all the plans. The reason our pool construction is still on hold is that we haven't received the permit from the city for it... and that is because the folks at city hall haven't approved it yet (they're probably procrastinating on it). But now we're hopeful that the construction will begin sooner rather than later.

Because of this, we've put our travel plans on hold again... until November. (We were told that our pool construction would take 12 weeks, barring any setbacks, so if it starts next week, it'll take until mid-October to complete, and we had plans to travel right around then.)

Written By: violet_shy on 07/22/19 at 7:04 pm

I'm happy!!

It's been a great month. Catching up with my music and other things. I have so many projects I want to begin but taking small steps. Can't do everything at once! Lol.

Written By: annimal on 07/22/19 at 7:59 pm

I wouldn't mind getting some videos done to release on YouTube eventually

Written By: GH1996 on 07/22/19 at 10:11 pm

Well I’m back for the first time since December or January or so?? I always remember to get back on inthe00’s but I guess I always forget to check at the end of the day  :P

Right before I left off I was about a month or two from getting married, as I am now with my wife that I met on my working trip in Australia, not really to much has gone on other than I moved back to canada with my wife in May as my visa expired from down under.

Nice to be back to the mild Canadian weather  8)

Written By: annimal on 07/22/19 at 10:34 pm

good for you

Written By: nally on 07/22/19 at 11:53 pm

I'm happy!!

It's been a great month. Catching up with my music and other things. I have so many projects I want to begin but taking small steps. Can't do everything at once! Lol.

Glad to hear that! O0

I have some projects of my own that I want to accomplish too... but in our household, the biggest one is going to be the pool... which will start as soon as the permit for it gets confirmed by the city hall.

Written By: nally on 07/22/19 at 11:54 pm

Well I’m back for the first time since December or January or so?? I always remember to get back on inthe00’s but I guess I always forget to check at the end of the day  :P

Right before I left off I was about a month or two from getting married, as I am now with my wife that I met on my working trip in Australia, not really to much has gone on other than I moved back to canada with my wife in May as my visa expired from down under.

Well it's nice to see you back on here again; congratz on the married life. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/19 at 7:40 am

Back online for today.

All is fine, but have had a confusing few weeks, with more to come.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/19 at 7:40 am

I'm happy!!

What's your first project?

Written By: Howard on 07/23/19 at 7:41 am

Good to see you back, GH. :)

Written By: Howard on 07/23/19 at 7:42 am

Back online for today.

All is fine, but have had a confusing few weeks, with more to come.

good to see you Phil. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/19 at 7:44 am

good to see you Phil. :)
Thank you very much!

Written By: Howard on 07/23/19 at 7:53 am

Thank you very much!

How have things been?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/19 at 8:09 am

How have things been?
Hectic, here and there, cannot go into details, but in a few months time all will be smoothed out.

Written By: nally on 07/23/19 at 5:49 pm

Hectic, here and there, cannot go into details, but in a few months time all will be smoothed out.

I trust that all is fine, in the meantime?

Written By: nally on 07/24/19 at 11:01 pm

So, this morning I took my car in for service; actually, to fix the air conditioner (it quit working two months ago). And it'll have to be there through tomorrow, because fixing the A.C. is a two-day process. Because of this, I will be going to work on Friday instead of Thursday this week. I already called my boss last week to let her know of this. So, hopefully when I drive the car on Friday, I can finally use the A/C again!

Written By: annimal on 07/25/19 at 10:17 am

My appointment was to see the audiologist to get my implant adjusted.  The volume is a little louder now and may help me hear music out of the computer more

Written By: nally on 07/25/19 at 6:34 pm

So, this morning I took my car in for service; actually, to fix the air conditioner (it quit working two months ago). And it'll have to be there through tomorrow, because fixing the A.C. is a two-day process. Because of this, I will be going to work on Friday instead of Thursday this week. I already called my boss last week to let her know of this. So, hopefully when I drive the car on Friday, I can finally use the A/C again!

Picked up the car at noon today. The man who fixed it explained which parts of the A.C. had to be replaced, and even showed a diagram of how a typical car air conditioner works so I could understand the process (to some degree). He said it was working like a charm, so when I drive the car to and from work tomorrow, I won't be so hot anymore. I even tested it out as I drove home.

Written By: nally on 07/27/19 at 9:59 pm

And today I only needed to drive to the library and back. Still needed to use the A.C. to cool down the inside of the car. Felt great.

Written By: nally on 07/28/19 at 11:31 pm

This week I will need to go into work on consecutive days: Tuesday and Wednesday. This is because Wednesday is the last day of the month, a busy time for the accounting department. I anticipate being very busy.
That's fine, though; I enjoy the work that I do. I've been in this job for 3 1/2 years...the longest period of time I've ever held a paid position.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/19 at 9:43 am

Back for the moment on the mobile phone

All is fine.

Written By: nally on 07/29/19 at 10:58 am

Back for the moment on the mobile phone

All is fine.

Good to know! O0

Written By: nally on 07/30/19 at 11:16 pm

Well...today we finally got news that the construction on our pool may begin sooner than we thought! Our permit is close to being approved now.

Written By: annimal on 07/31/19 at 11:17 am

Seeing what time in the morning the sun was on the spot I'm going to try to garden in.  Looks like a plant at least a foot tall might get 4 .5 hours of sun this time of year.

Written By: nally on 07/31/19 at 6:02 pm

^ Good luck with that.

Today I had a busy day at the office, but thankfully I didn't have to stay extra time.

Written By: annimal on 07/31/19 at 6:09 pm

actually seems to be a 5 and 6 hour from what I saw today, but if I'm careful I can maybe make it more of a 4 and 5 hour area.  I have much more hope then trying to grow things in 10 hours of sun

Check for new replies or respond here...