inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: **Awesome August Monthly Thread**

Written By: nally on 08/01/19 at 10:03 am

Welcome to August 2019!

White rabbits!! :) :D

Subject: Re: Awesome August Monthly Thread

Written By: nally on 08/01/19 at 4:12 pm

Well? How's everyone doing this month...and what's everyone doing this month?

In my household, we're finally gonna get our pool installed. The excavators are coming tomorrow to start the process.

Subject: Re: **Awesome August Monthly Thread**

Written By: annimal on 08/01/19 at 6:10 pm

I went to the bank by myself and got me a late lunch at KFC

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/19 at 6:12 pm

Well? How's everyone doing this month...and what's everyone doing this month?

In my household, we're finally gonna get our pool installed. The excavators are coming tomorrow to start the process.

Lucky! My parents are thinking of installing a pool in our backyard but I told them it would only be used for 2 months of the year, so they're having second thoughts. I wish I lived in Cali.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 08/01/19 at 7:37 pm

Lucky! My parents are thinking of installing a pool in our backyard but I told them it would only be used for 2 months of the year, so they're having second thoughts. I wish I lived in Cali.  :\'(

Thanks! They actually came over this afternoon to do a little "preliminary" work; tomorrow morning they'll start the digging.

We had decided in favor of investing in a pool back in June. We hoped the construction would begin last month, but the person in charge of permits at city hall was procrastinating (i.e, it took them way longer than it should have, for them to approve it). It is now estimated to be completed by the end of October.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/19 at 8:20 am

My Parents 50th anniversary is on Saturday but unfortunately I will be working so I will possibly get them a card and give it to them when I get home.

Written By: nally on 08/02/19 at 11:49 am

My Parents 50th anniversary is on Saturday but unfortunately I will be working so I will possibly get them a card and give it to them when I get home.

Happy (early) anniversary to your parents! I hope they do something special for their golden anniversary!

Written By: Howard on 08/02/19 at 2:24 pm

Happy (early) anniversary to your parents! I hope they do something special for their golden anniversary!

They don't know what they'll do yet because My Mother has a nagging cough that won't go away right now but going somewhere is up in the air.

Written By: nally on 08/02/19 at 3:28 pm

They don't know what they'll do yet because My Mother has a nagging cough that won't go away right now but going somewhere is up in the air.

I'm sorry she's feeling sick. Maybe they can do something later on when they're both well again? (I.O.W, postpone celebrating?)

My mom has been under the weather herself this week, with sinus congestion and coughing. :P But she's doing better today. Which is good because she and my dad have plans to travel somewhere tomorrow, and they wanna be sure they're well.

Written By: nally on 08/02/19 at 3:29 pm

Meanwhile, the excavation crew is in our backyard now, and they're now digging out a big hole in the ground for where our pool is gonna go. This portion of the process is supposed to take a while.

Written By: nally on 08/03/19 at 11:35 am

My mom has been under the weather herself this week, with sinus congestion and coughing. :P But she's doing better today. Which is good because she and my dad have plans to travel somewhere tomorrow, and they wanna be sure they're well.

Actually, both of my parents are feeling under the weather right now, with colds, so they have second thoughts about traveling today. See, my mother's cousin has a son who is getting married today, in San Clemente (which is a very long drive from our house), and they had plans to go. And my mom is disappointed about not being able to go because of her illness. So it looks like they're gonna stay home.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/19 at 3:08 pm

I'm sorry she's feeling sick. Maybe they can do something later on when they're both well again? (I.O.W, postpone celebrating?)

They'll probably go to a restaurant if they're up to it.

Written By: nally on 08/03/19 at 4:22 pm

They'll probably go to a restaurant if they're up to it.

Whatever they do, I hope they have a good time. :)

Written By: nally on 08/04/19 at 12:57 pm

Went to church this morning by myself, since my parents (who would normally do the music for one particular service) are both under the weather right now. And I'm trying all I can to not catch what they have.

Written By: annimal on 08/04/19 at 1:48 pm

I'm doing a load of laundry right now

Written By: Howard on 08/04/19 at 2:07 pm

Whatever they do, I hope they have a good time. :)

They decided to go to a restaurant for their anniversary.  :)

Written By: nally on 08/04/19 at 8:58 pm

They decided to go to a restaurant for their anniversary.  :)

That's great! Karma plus one.

Written By: annimal on 08/04/19 at 9:34 pm

I planted some verbena seeds in a pot

Written By: nally on 08/05/19 at 10:49 am

Last night I was feeling under the weather, from catching what my parents had. I took some medicine last night before going to bed, and today I am staying home. Which is good because I don't really have anywhere to go today.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/19 at 5:29 am

Last night I was feeling under the weather, from catching what my parents had. I took some medicine last night before going to bed, and today I am staying home. Which is good because I don't really have anywhere to go today.
Please get well soon.

Written By: nally on 08/06/19 at 5:59 pm

Please get well soon.

Many thanks.

In fact, I felt better this morning, so thankfully I didn't have to take any sick time today! Which is good because then I would get way behind in my work.

I'm still not totally over it yet, but the worst of it was over yesterday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/19 at 10:57 pm

Many thanks.

In fact, I felt better this morning, so thankfully I didn't have to take any sick time today! Which is good because then I would get way behind in my work.

I'm still not totally over it yet, but the worst of it was over yesterday.
Good to hear you are slightly better, but no doubt you are looking forward to a rest tomorrow?

Written By: nally on 08/07/19 at 12:06 am

Good to hear you are slightly better, but no doubt you are looking forward to a rest tomorrow?

Perhaps so...but there are things I have to accomplish. For example, I have a little bit of housework to do, and I have an appointment at 3pm that is not too far from home.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/19 at 12:07 am

Perhaps so...but there are things I have to accomplish. For example, I have a little bit of housework to do, and I have an appointment at 3pm that is not too far from home.
Take good care with that, and is someone else going to drive you there?

Written By: nally on 08/07/19 at 12:18 am

Take good care with that, and is someone else going to drive you there?

No, I'm well enough to drive. In fact, I drove myself to and from work without any trouble!

Written By: nally on 08/07/19 at 10:30 pm

No, I'm well enough to drive. In fact, I drove myself to and from work without any trouble!

My appointment went well, by the way. I met with another staffing/employment company. I have to go back Friday morning for a followup.

Written By: annimal on 08/08/19 at 10:18 am

thinking about getting a haircut

Written By: nally on 08/08/19 at 5:46 pm

thinking about getting a haircut

I should probably do so as well. It's been just about 3 months since I last had it done.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/19 at 7:43 am

I should probably do so as well. It's been just about 3 months since I last had it done.

I just got mine the other day.

Written By: nally on 08/09/19 at 10:19 am

I just got mine the other day.

Good for you. O0

I'm thinking of getting mine done next week, possibly on Wednesday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/09/19 at 10:21 am

It has been a rough day for me, I should not be online, I am only here to past the time.

Written By: nally on 08/09/19 at 6:46 pm

It has been a rough day for me, I should not be online, I am only here to past the time.

Sorry to hear of this, I hope all is better for you tomorrow. I can relate when I come on here to pass the time; same with other little activities.

Written By: annimal on 08/10/19 at 10:47 am

plan to look at some of my laundry and see if it still fits

Written By: violet_shy on 08/10/19 at 10:57 am

Beautiful weather today! Stopping off at rhe Dollar Tree to grab a few items before visiting my sister for some coffee, or tea and pastries.  :)

Written By: nally on 08/10/19 at 11:19 am

^ Nice!

Last night my parents went to the Dodgers game (they had a pair of tickets, so I had to stay home and watch it on the TV), and our team ended up losing in extras. :(

Written By: annimal on 08/10/19 at 3:51 pm

I got myself tired trying on a bunch of clothes

Written By: annimal on 08/10/19 at 6:19 pm

no pots outside with monkey flower or chrysanthemum sprouts, just weeds.  Dump the old dirt and get the pots ready to put verbena seeds in

Written By: nally on 08/10/19 at 6:21 pm

^ Hey, my backyard is undergoing some major changes too. Mainly due to the pool installation. In fact, the crew was at our house yesterday to install the plumbing system in the pool, and they had to dig underground to put in the new pipes.

Written By: annimal on 08/10/19 at 6:26 pm

I know you have been going through construction too.  We're done now so I can try to attract the wildlife I missed

Written By: nally on 08/10/19 at 6:29 pm

I know you have been going through construction too.

Yep, it's ongoing. :) It'll be all nice when it's finished...come late Oct.

We're done now so I can try to attract the wildlife I missed

Good luck with that!

Written By: annimal on 08/10/19 at 6:36 pm

I've seen dragonflies patrol around, an orange butterfly ( that has took a sip from my pansy) and some hummingbirds ( one which took a sip from a rose off moms rosebush).

Written By: annimal on 08/11/19 at 11:43 am

just heard a little while, John is going to be here at 1:00.  Heard he's been using some kind of part drivers thing and is now getting his official one in Stockton.

Written By: nally on 08/11/19 at 11:55 pm

Well, today I seem to be feeling completely better. All traces of the illness I caught from my parents last week seem to be gone now. (My mom, on the other hand, has had a bit of a relapse, so she stayed home from church for the second straight Sunday.)

Written By: annimal on 08/12/19 at 2:59 pm

John is back at the truck station.  One thing I've been doing is some pre plant shopping so I don't eventually waste my money buying the wrong type of plants in the stores around here.  Lots of stuff seems like they will overheat and die so I'll have to buy more plants from the store.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/13/19 at 6:20 am

All set this morning to go visit my mom at the hospital. She's having some health problems and because of that they are keeping her there for a few days. Really need some good thoughts and prayers right now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Written By: Howard on 08/13/19 at 7:42 am

All set this morning to go visit my mom at the hospital. She's having some health problems and because of that they are keeping her there for a few days. Really need some good thoughts and prayers right now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Hope she recovers well. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/13/19 at 7:47 am

I wish your mother well.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/13/19 at 2:12 pm

Hope she recovers well. :)

I wish your mother well.

Thank you both so much. She is doing somewhat better today, thankfully.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/13/19 at 2:14 pm

That is good to hear.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/19 at 2:15 pm

That's good to know.

Written By: nally on 08/13/19 at 5:55 pm

Glad to hear she's improved. O0

Written By: annimal on 08/15/19 at 5:09 pm

guess John will be driving back this way and one day we will be having some lunch with him

Written By: nally on 08/15/19 at 5:42 pm

Busy work day today; had to take care of middle-of-the-month duties.

At home, the next phase of our pool construction will occur next week.

Written By: annimal on 08/16/19 at 5:59 pm

there was only a little time for him to say hi today before he had to be ready to work again

Written By: nally on 08/16/19 at 6:44 pm

Enjoying the day at home today before I go out to a friend's house for a "game night."

Written By: annimal on 08/17/19 at 7:18 pm

My Birthday is coming up soon, just opened up a Birthday card.  I'm just kind of looking around, there must be a paper with a list of things I like to eat and or taste good together.  think I'll get a solar powered pump for a little present.

Written By: annimal on 08/18/19 at 10:01 am

woke up this morning with Mugsy asking Rocky what happened

Written By: nally on 08/18/19 at 8:34 pm

My family & I met up with a friend of ours from back East who just flew into L.A. this morning. We met them for lunch at a restaurant near LAX and a nice time. (This person was someone we met on the very first cruise I took, back in 2012. My mom has been in touch with her since then.) The reason this woman was flying out is that she has auditioned to be on The Price Is Right for an episode that is being filmed this week (and set to air in late September); so that's why we decided to arrange a lunch get-together today. So she's gonna spend a week in the L.A. area.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/19/19 at 8:32 pm

So my mom had to spend four days at the hospital getting treated for a fractured chest. Thankfully she is doing better! I hope that her chest heals quickly so that she can go for her afternoon walks again. Something she misses doing.

In other news of me, I finished my newest song which I posted in the 2010s board. I also posted it on Facebook, and Youtube! I'm so excited about this song! But I won't be recording anymore songs until next year. It's best.

Written By: annimal on 08/19/19 at 9:51 pm

think I'll take a nap tomorrow.  The next day I have an early dentist appointment

Written By: nally on 08/20/19 at 11:30 am

So my mom had to spend four days at the hospital getting treated for a fractured chest. Thankfully she is doing better! I hope that her chest heals quickly so that she can go for her afternoon walks again. Something she misses doing.

Glad to hear she's improving! O0 :)

In other news of me, I finished my newest song which I posted in the 2010s board. I also posted it on Facebook, and Youtube! I'm so excited about this song! But I won't be recording anymore songs until next year. It's best.

Nice!!! I'll be sure to check it out.

Written By: nally on 08/20/19 at 11:33 am

So...even though today is Tuesday, I'm not at work, as I'd normally be at this hour. This is because my boss called me yesterday to report that one coworker was out sick this week, another one would be away on assignment...and my boss said that she herself would be the only one in the office, but has to leave at 1pm (pacific time) for an appointment. So if I had gone in today, I would only get a partial day, and would need to make up the missed hours on another day. So I decided that I would only go to the office on Thursday, and make up today's hours on next Monday, and then go in next Wednesday and Friday (instead of Tuesday and Thursday). This will be helpful so that I can get all the end-of-month duties done next Friday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/19 at 11:34 am

So...even though today is Tuesday, I'm not at work, as I'd normally be at this hour. This is because my boss called me yesterday to report that one coworker was out sick this week, another one would be away on assignment...and my boss said that she herself would be the only one in the office, but has to leave at 1pm (pacific time) for an appointment. So if I had gone in today, I would only get a partial day, and would need to make up the missed hours on another day. So I decided that I would only go to the office on Thursday, and make up today's hours on next Monday, and then go in next Wednesday and Friday (instead of Tuesday and Thursday). This will be helpful so that I can get all the end-of-month duties done next Friday.
Enjoy your day!

Written By: nally on 08/20/19 at 11:36 am

Enjoy your day!

Yep, I have things I'll need to get done at home today.

Written By: nally on 08/21/19 at 2:52 pm

And today, the crew building our pool has arrived; they are going to do the next step, which involves shotcrete -- sprayed concrete conveyed through a hose and pneumatically projected at high velocity onto a surface (in this case, the pool walls).

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/19 at 2:53 pm

And today, the crew building our pool has arrived; they are going to do the next step, which involves shotcrete -- sprayed concrete conveyed through a hose and pneumatically projected at high velocity onto a surface (in this case, the pool walls).
Filming it for the family video?

Written By: nally on 08/21/19 at 5:13 pm

Filming it for the family video?

Well, I have been taking pictures of it as each of the different stages have been worked on. Right now the guys are working on it; they've got a cement mixer (parked out in front of the house) with a long pipe attached to it so that they can transfer the mixture from the truck to the backyard and spray it on the pool surface! It's still going on; they anticipate being done in about an hour (from right now).

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/19 at 5:16 pm

Well, I have been taking pictures of it as each of the different stages have been worked on. Right now the guys are working on it; they've got a cement mixer (parked out in front of the house) with a long pipe attached to it so that they can transfer the mixture from the truck to the backyard and spray it on the pool surface! It's still going on; they anticipate being done in about an hour (from right now).
Interesting of you take a stop frame video from photos/images from a camera standing at the same spot each day.

Written By: nally on 08/21/19 at 5:18 pm

Interesting of you take a stop frame video from photos/images from a camera standing at the same spot each day.

That would be interesting.

I think I may have mentioned that the pool as a whole will be completed sometime in October.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/19 at 5:18 pm

That would be interesting.

I think I may have mentioned that the pool as a whole will be completed sometime in October.
It will take some while, and you all cannot wait?

Written By: nally on 08/21/19 at 5:19 pm

It will take some while, and you all cannot wait?

It'll be exciting, I'm sure.

Written By: nally on 08/22/19 at 7:03 pm

And today I returned to work...and had a LOT of stuff to get caught up with. I return to the office on Monday, so that'll give me more time to catch up.

Written By: annimal on 08/22/19 at 8:22 pm

I went to an apple and got attacked by bees because they didn't think I belonged there. 

Written By: nally on 08/22/19 at 10:28 pm

I went to an apple and got attacked by bees because they didn't think I belonged there. 

Well, you do need to watch where you're going. And I hope you had a decent day otherwise (especially since it's your b'day)!

Written By: annimal on 08/23/19 at 1:30 pm

well the good news is they didn't sting me after I left.  They were more interested in visiting the plants that were in the car.

Written By: nally on 08/23/19 at 4:21 pm

^Ok then.

Anyways, today I finally got my hair cut. Had to wait 15-20 minutes when I got in, but I'm pleased with the results.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/19 at 4:07 am

Over the next few days there will be a heatwave in the UK, and while indoors at 10am I can already feel the heat biting at my skin.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/19 at 4:08 pm

Over the next few days there will be a heatwave in the UK, and while indoors at 10am I can already feel the heat biting at my skin.

How hot has it been?

Written By: violet_shy on 08/24/19 at 4:12 pm

Oh no. What do you do to stay cool during a heatwave?

Written By: nally on 08/24/19 at 10:56 pm

Oh no. What do you do to stay cool during a heatwave?

I was going to ask him if he had an air conditioner in his home; that would be one solution.

At my house it does sometimes get hot in the summertime, and the A.C. has to go on.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/19 at 2:54 pm

I was going to ask him if he had an air conditioner in his home; that would be one solution.

At my house it does sometimes get hot in the summertime, and the A.C. has to go on.

mine goes on and we keep it at about 74, 75 degrees.

Written By: nally on 08/25/19 at 3:36 pm

mine goes on and we keep it at about 74, 75 degrees.

Same with us.

It'll probably turn on this afternoon if it gets hot in the house.

Written By: nally on 08/27/19 at 1:20 pm

Not at work today...because my schedule has been rearranged for this week. However, I was there yesterday and I'll be back tomorrow. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/19 at 1:23 pm

Not at work today...because my schedule has been rearranged for this week. However, I was there yesterday and I'll be back tomorrow. :)
Enjoy your day!

Written By: nally on 08/29/19 at 5:32 pm

Enjoy your day!

I did (yesterday) and I hope to do so tomorrow (Friday) as well. However, tomorrow will be a busy day, due to it being the end of the month. I hope I'm not too swamped.

Written By: annimal on 08/29/19 at 6:29 pm

I'm uh I don't really know still.  I"m still trying to  figure out what would make me happy so I have a goal to work towards.  I don't seem to care if I have my own house or not.  My bedroom is only half sized, but I guess I really don't care if I have a regular sized one.  I don't seem to care if I have a huge garden.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/30/19 at 12:48 am

I did (yesterday) and I hope to do so tomorrow (Friday) as well. However, tomorrow will be a busy day, due to it being the end of the month. I hope I'm not too swamped.
Take good care with everything, especially with the traffic on the road.

Written By: annimal on 08/30/19 at 11:13 am

traffic on the road is another good reason for me not to be riding the bus around

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/30/19 at 2:07 pm

traffic on the road is another good reason for me not to be riding the bus around
Extra holiday traffic?

Written By: Howard on 08/30/19 at 3:34 pm

Extra holiday traffic?

traffic is bad on holidays.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/30/19 at 3:35 pm

traffic is bad on holidays.
There and back?

Just like over here!

Written By: Howard on 08/30/19 at 3:57 pm

There and back?

Just like over here!

Yes it is.

Written By: nally on 08/30/19 at 6:20 pm

Extra holiday traffic?

Yes, for the upcoming Labor Day weekend.

I had to deal with it in my commute home this afternoon. It only took me an hour to get home, which was a little surprising.

Written By: annimal on 08/30/19 at 8:22 pm

there was no traffic when we came home from shopping

Written By: nally on 08/31/19 at 12:14 am

^Well, there often is in my area, because where I live is considered part of the greater Los Angeles area, which is heavily populated. And the northbound US-101 often tends to get packed because that's the main highway that leads out to the coastline, which is a popular destination.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/19 at 2:50 pm

Yes, for the upcoming Labor Day weekend.

I had to deal with it in my commute home this afternoon. It only took me an hour to get home, which was a little surprising.

It might be crazy.

Written By: annimal on 08/31/19 at 4:34 pm

^Well, there often is in my area, because where I live is considered part of the greater Los Angeles area, which is heavily populated. And the northbound US-101 often tends to get packed because that's the main highway that leads out to the coastline, which is a popular destination.

there usually is crazy traffic here in Modesto, but all was clear and quiet.

Written By: nally on 08/31/19 at 9:31 pm

there usually is crazy traffic here in Modesto, but all was clear and quiet.

Well that's good. All the best for you this weekend.

Written By: annimal on 09/01/19 at 12:52 pm

I'll see how the snapdragons and some of the plants I just bought do. 

Check for new replies or respond here...