inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: December 2019 monthly thread.

Written By: nally on 12/01/19 at 8:40 am

Yes, folks, we are into the final month of 2019. So here it is... your final monthly thread of the 2010s!

White rabbits!  :D

Subject: Re: December 2019 monthly thread.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/19 at 5:12 pm

Yes, folks, we are into the final month of 2019. So here it is... your final monthly thread of the 2010s!

White rabbits!  :D

What the hell happened to the year?  :o

Written By: annimal on 12/01/19 at 6:30 pm

seems like there's more Halloween stuff out now then there is at Halloween.  I wonder why that might be?

Written By: nally on 12/01/19 at 8:30 pm

What the hell happened to the year?  :o

It seems to have flown by. I remember days in January like they were yesterday.

Written By: nally on 12/03/19 at 3:00 pm

Got our outdoor lights hung this morning. We figured we'd do that before any potential rain started (and it hasn't arrived yet).

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/19 at 2:39 pm

Spending more days with my family, away from home, of course, toddler sitting duties.

Written By: annimal on 12/04/19 at 8:02 pm

appointment today,appointment tomorrow

Written By: nally on 12/05/19 at 4:41 pm

At home today, cleaning up the house and taking care of other tasks.

Tomorrow night I have an event to go to: a holiday party.

Written By: annimal on 12/05/19 at 4:59 pm

I get to go to the dentist tomorrow

Written By: annimal on 12/07/19 at 4:00 pm

I get to go to the dentist tomorrow

actually I got my days confused.  This will be on the 11th

Written By: nally on 12/07/19 at 4:10 pm

actually I got my days confused.  This will be on the 11th

So, then it'll be next week.

Written By: annimal on 12/07/19 at 4:22 pm

Wednesday, on Wednesday

Written By: nally on 12/07/19 at 4:38 pm

^ correct. O0

Right around that time, my office will finally get a new person (to replace the coworker who retired in early October).

Written By: karen on 12/08/19 at 12:12 pm

Took my dad to the hospital on Wednesday for an operation that the consultant decided not to do shortly before my dad went to theatre.  they've decided to just tweak his heart medication instead

On Friday night I went with Dai to see Australian Pink Floyd, as a birthday gift for him.

Went to the nearest city yesterday to do some Christmas shopping.  We've got some more to buy for the children, but they need to try on chinos, etc. I also bought tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters in March. My dad has been saying how much he'd like to see them, and the last time we came we only heard a day or so before and it was sold out.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/10/19 at 2:55 pm

Took my dad to the hospital on Wednesday for an operation that the consultant decided not to do shortly before my dad went to theatre.  they've decided to just tweak his heart medication instead

On Friday night I went with Dai to see Australian Pink Floyd, as a birthday gift for him.

Went to the nearest city yesterday to do some Christmas shopping.  We've got some more to buy for the children, but they need to try on chinos, etc. I also bought tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters in March. My dad has been saying how much he'd like to see them, and the last time we came we only heard a day or so before and it was sold out.

Glad your dad is doing better.

Happy Birthday to Dai.

I saw the Globetrotters WAY back in the dark ages (in the '70s). This was when Meadowlark Lemon & Curly Neil played with them. It was birthday present.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/10/19 at 2:59 pm

^ correct. O0

Right around that time, my office will finally get a new person (to replace the coworker who retired in early October).

By the way, speaking of people who formerly worked in my office, there was a woman who retired from the company in September of last year (her retirement was planned); I happened to see her at the library when I was there this past Saturday! :) She is still in touch with my boss, and was happy to hear that I'm still working at the office, and that things are going well overall.

Written By: nally on 12/10/19 at 3:00 pm

Anyways, today is not a work day for me, so I took the time to go get a haircut (I was overdue for one, since it was 3 1/2 months since I last got it done); then I did a little shopping before coming back home.

Written By: nally on 12/11/19 at 6:26 pm

Well... the new person has been hired, and today was his first day! (Actually, he spent most of the workday filling out paperwork and stuff.) We all introduced ourselves and got him acquainted with the company and the procedures and stuff. His title is Admin Assistant.

So, today was a good day at the office. :)

Written By: annimal on 12/11/19 at 7:59 pm

teeth report- I have two nasty spots that will need crowns

Written By: annimal on 12/12/19 at 4:43 pm

On the 15th I'll be singing and on the 19th I'll be our walking exercise group if Dad and I want to go

Written By: nally on 12/12/19 at 5:20 pm

Went out to do some holiday shopping today, but didn't find what I was looking for. I'll try again tomorrow, after work.

But I did stop and say hello to a friend at her office. :)

Written By: nally on 12/15/19 at 10:58 pm

Finally got our tree up and decorated this weekend. (This evening we put up our dated ornaments.)

Written By: annimal on 12/15/19 at 11:10 pm

we don't have a tree

Written By: nally on 12/16/19 at 6:48 pm

When I got to work this morning, I couldn't get connected to the server on our network at the office, so I had to spend an hour on the phone with technical support; they eventually got me up and running. So while my day at work got off to a dismal start, I was eventually able to accomplish all I needed to do.

Written By: annimal on 12/17/19 at 1:08 pm

I get to have some work started on my teeth today.

Written By: nally on 12/17/19 at 1:22 pm

I think I'm about done with my holiday shopping now. Unless I can think of one more thing to get. I was out this morning and couldn't find anything suitable.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/19 at 4:02 pm

Waiting for one more gift to come in but otherwise, everything else is wrapped and I have a bunch to ship.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/17/19 at 9:53 pm

^ Good luck with that!

I helped my mom in the kitchen with cookie baking this afternoon. It was a lotta work!

Written By: nally on 12/19/19 at 12:31 am

...and tonight I took some of said cookies (about 20 or 30 of them) to an event hosted by a couple friends of mine. All the cookies I brought got eaten!

Written By: nally on 12/19/19 at 11:29 pm

We were supposed to have a houseguest come over tonight (namely, a cousin of my mother's who lives out of state), but the plans have changed; he'll be coming over tomorrow instead. Still, I spent hours this morning cleaning up the house.

Written By: nally on 12/21/19 at 12:16 pm

Yesterday (Friday) morning our house guest came over and spent the day with us. However, I had to go to work in the morning, but when I got home, we spent time with him together...which is why I couldn't be here for much of the day. We showed him plenty of family pictures (we had made some slideshow DVDs several years ago), had some dinner, sat around and had some great conversations... and this morning he left, to go join his family.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/19 at 4:00 pm

I go back to work tomorrow, today was the last day of my week vacation.

Written By: nally on 12/21/19 at 5:29 pm

I go back to work tomorrow, today was the last day of my week vacation.

I hope you enjoyed your time off!

Written By: meesa on 12/21/19 at 6:48 pm

Going to burn the Yule log & celebrate the Solstice tonight. We have decided to include hot cocoa as it's pretty chilly (we use a firepit for the Yule burn- we have no fireplace) and warm tea is fine, but nothing beats chocolate  ;D.

Happy Solstice!

Written By: nally on 12/22/19 at 12:57 am

Going to burn the Yule log & celebrate the Solstice tonight. We have decided to include hot cocoa as it's pretty chilly (we use a firepit for the Yule burn- we have no fireplace) and warm tea is fine, but nothing beats chocolate  ;D.

Happy Solstice!

Hey meesa! Long time no see... I hope all is well with you. O0

Written By: Howard on 12/22/19 at 3:20 am

I hope you enjoyed your time off!

I pretty much did, it was relaxing.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/19 at 3:21 am

Happy Solstice!

Hey Meesa, How are you? Long time no see. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/19 at 10:15 am

Merry Christmas all!

Things are busy, but all is fine with me.

I am not sure when I will back.

Philip

Written By: nally on 12/22/19 at 2:03 pm

Merry Christmas all!

Philip

Please take care in all you do. Glad you're ok. O0

Written By: karen on 12/23/19 at 5:07 am

Yesterday we had my family come round for the afternoon/evening. It was nice to see everyone.

We'd spent a little while tidying up on Saturday so we were ready for guests. 

The neighbours are coming tonight for a Christmas drink

Written By: Howard on 12/23/19 at 4:01 pm

Merry Christmas all!

Philip

Take care and see you when you get back. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 12/24/19 at 10:19 am

Hope everyone is having a great Christnas Eve!

Written By: nally on 12/24/19 at 10:26 am

I hope so too! http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/smiley.gif

I'm just glad I don't have to go to my office today. (I would probably need to deal with really heavy traffic coming back.) I can concentrate on things at home...until it's time for my family (+ me) to go to the church this evening.

Written By: Howard on 12/24/19 at 2:21 pm

mine has been quiet, since I'm off today and supermarket will be closed tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 12/24/19 at 2:23 pm

mine has been quiet, since I'm off today and supermarket will be closed tomorrow.

Hope you're enjoying your time off! O0

My dad had to go to the supermarket a short while ago to buy a few things we need for today and tomorrow. He said that the parking lot was packed. But he was able to get all the items he bought rung up without too much trouble.

Written By: annimal on 12/24/19 at 4:41 pm

my parents and probably Joel as well want to go caroling at church.  I've never understood who Jesus is.  I don't see has as much more then a story book character. 

Written By: annimal on 12/24/19 at 10:04 pm

had a talk with mom and even better with dad.  Jesus may have been a person long before I was born,  Jesus weather a sun of a father or not is God's gift to us to choose if we want to accept Him.  To me it makes more since to thank God for allowing us to choose Him then to warship another being that may or may have not been around in the past.  I find it misleading.

Written By: annimal on 12/24/19 at 11:23 pm

thanks for putting this in my head God.  Some horrible guy my dad introduced me to. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjUFDZO51Us

yes this is history which could have had words and stuff with different meanings then they could today have.    Blessed is he who come in the name of the Lord. 

Written By: nally on 12/25/19 at 12:43 pm

What a busy last several hours.

Last night my family & I had a couple of church services to prepare for, one at 6pm and the other at midnight. So we were busy with that. (My parents are church musicians, and I help out in a couple of different ministries myself.) And when we got home just before 2 this morning, we were ready for sleeping.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/25/19 at 1:35 pm

Bah humbug!

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/25/19 at 4:20 pm

bah Santa

Written By: nally on 12/25/19 at 7:43 pm

We still have yet to have our Christmas dinner. This is because a friend of ours invited us to their house for a "brunch" meal, which we enjoyed. We do have plans to eat a holiday meal tonight. Still, it has made for a nice day.

Written By: annimal on 12/25/19 at 9:09 pm

Bah humbug!

Cat

what is a humbug?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/19 at 12:34 pm

what is a humbug?

noun:

-something intended to delude or deceive.
-the quality of falseness or deception.
-a person who is not what he or she claims or pretends to be; impostor.
-something devoid of sense or meaning; nonsense: a humbug of technical jargon.

verb (used with object),

-hum·bugged, hum·bug·ging.
-to impose upon by humbug or false pretense; delude; deceive.

verb (used without object),

-hum·bugged, hum·bug·ging.
-to practice humbug.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 12/26/19 at 3:23 pm

I thought it was a piece of candy

Written By: annimal on 12/26/19 at 10:12 pm

Great news,  my mom is ready to plan on taking these, um, lets say screw balls , that are suppose to help train me for work  and take them to court.  I'm sure I'm not the only person these, um, whatever didn't seem to want to bother to help me.

Written By: nally on 12/28/19 at 11:18 am

Yesterday I wasn't on here for very long because (1) I was working and (2) we had to prepare the house for a party in the evening. We invited many different people, mostly from church, to come over and play some games with us; about ten people showed up. That was enough for the games that we ended up playing. We all had a great time.

Written By: annimal on 12/28/19 at 11:22 am

a person I am trying to contact is not in the office for two months        so it says.

Seems these whatever they are just figure they're going to get away with whatever they want because all of us are disabled and cant go through the legal process.  Now these whatever  they are don't know what to do and are making themselves looks look worse.

Written By: annimal on 12/28/19 at 3:59 pm

the package that John sent to me came while I was eating lunch, so I opened it afterwards and ha ha, he sent me a parana plant.

Written By: annimal on 12/29/19 at 12:07 pm

John told me to make sure to feed it and nature it with plenty of Marios

Written By: annimal on 12/30/19 at 3:04 pm

John's first plan was to stay with us last night,but plans have changed and he might be here a couple of days later

Written By: nally on 12/30/19 at 6:00 pm

Today and tomorrow are work days for me; today I had plenty of stuff to enter, but I had to wait a while to enter it because the technicians (from our internet provider) needed to fix an internet problem this morning. Still, I had time to get everything done.

Then after I complete my work for tomorrow, I will have a day off on Wednesday!

Written By: nally on 12/31/19 at 6:41 pm

Today at the office I got everything done; in fact I was all finished with my work with some time to spare. And that concludes my work for the year!

Tonight I will stay home with my family.

Check for new replies or respond here...