inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: February 2020 ALREADY?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/20 at 6:19 pm

WOW, I can't believe it is February already. And I got to start the new thread.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Subject: Re: February 2020 ALREADY?

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/31/20 at 8:27 pm

I can't believe it's ONLY February 2020. So much has happened in one month it seems like 3 months should have passed already.  :o

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/31/20 at 9:02 pm

Damn, first February of the 2020's.

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 12:59 am

In just an hour it'll be Feb in my time zone!

Written By: annimal on 02/01/20 at 10:52 am

wow!

Written By: karen on 02/01/20 at 11:19 am

First day of the UK not being in the EU

Written By: violet_shy on 02/01/20 at 2:53 pm

Lol I just heard my neighbor yell out "big booty hoe", hahaha

Not to me thankfully but it made me laugh so much. Great way to begin the new month!  ;D ;D

Subject: February 2020 ALREADY?

Written By: Dude111 on 02/01/20 at 3:53 pm

Its unreal is FEB already...

In 27 days it will be March! (Ah man!!)

Written By: 2001 on 02/01/20 at 4:14 pm

It's a leap year.

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 9:25 pm

It's a leap year.

And Feb 29th is 28 days after today (in time zones where it is still currently the 1st, such as those of the U.S. and Canada, as I write this post).

and of course tomorrow we have Groundhog Day...

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 9:50 pm

Anyways, even though January is in the books now, I would like to discuss what I did yesterday (the last day of the month) because I was out all day and did not have much time to be on here.

First of all, it was a work day for me (as the last weekday of a calendar month typically is... and it can be busy too). And when I was done at work, my parents and I traveled down to LAX to pick up a group of friends of ours - namely, a particular family that lives back East (in North Carolina); it was the same family that I first met two years ago when they flew in (my parents had met them years earlier on a transatlantic cruise). So anyway, this family from back east was flying in to L.A. this afternoon, so we made plans to pick them up at their hotel and take them out to dinner.

The reason that they were flying in to L.A. is that they were going to start a Hawaiian cruise the next day (today) that left from L.A. harbor. So my parents and I picked them up in a car that we rented (because we needed to transport six people, including ourselves), arriving at their hotel at about 5:30pm. They were already waiting near the entrance. We took them to the restaurant (same place that we took them two years ago, when I met them the first time), had a nice meal, and a great time chatting with them... and eventually took them back to their hotel by 8:30. Then we drove all the way back home.

And when we got back home, I was too tired to do much else... so that's why I'm typing the story now.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/01/20 at 10:04 pm

Anyways, even though January is in the books now, I would like to discuss what I did yesterday (the last day of the month) because I was out all day and did not have much time to be on here.

First of all, it was a work day for me (as the last weekday of a calendar month typically is... and it can be busy too). And when I was done at work, my parents and I traveled down to LAX to pick up a group of friends of ours - namely, a particular family that lives back East (in North Carolina); it was the same family that I first met two years ago when they flew in (my parents had met them years earlier on a transatlantic cruise). So anyway, this family from back east was flying in to L.A. this afternoon, so we made plans to pick them up at their hotel and take them out to dinner.

The reason that they were flying in to L.A. is that they were going to start a Hawaiian cruise the next day (today) that left from L.A. harbor. So my parents and I picked them up in a car that we rented (because we needed to transport six people, including ourselves), arriving at their hotel at about 5:30pm. They were already waiting near the entrance. We took them to the restaurant (same place that we took them two years ago, when I met them the first time), had a nice meal, and a great time chatting with them... and eventually took them back to their hotel by 8:30. Then we drove all the way back home.

And when we got back home, I was too tired to do much else... so that's why I'm typing the story now.

Sounds like quite a day! But it's nice that you're catching up with old friends and people that you know.  :)

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 10:13 pm

Sounds like quite a day! But it's nice that you're catching up with old friends and people that you know.  :)

Yes, definitely. My parents cruised with this family a few times. And we exchange Christmas cards with them every year. This family consists of a now-retired couple who have an adult daughter who is three years older than me. The couple is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year.

When I first met them, in 2018, they had a couple of extended family members traveling with them, one of whom took this picture (which I posted later that year):
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=31276.msg3749816#msg3749816

We would like to be able to go with them on a cruise at some point, but we don't know when that'll come to fruition.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/01/20 at 10:22 pm

Yes, definitely. My parents cruised with this family a few times. And we exchange Christmas cards with them every year. This family consists of a now-retired couple who have an adult daughter who is three years older than me. The couple is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year.

When I first met them, in 2018, they had a couple of extended family members traveling with them, one of whom took this picture (which I posted later that year):
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=31276.msg3749816#msg3749816

We would like to be able to go with them on a cruise at some point, but we don't know when that'll come to fruition.

This just reminded me, and I know I'm ridiculously late in telling you this lol but I'm so sorry I didn't send you a Christmas card last year. I know you sent me one I have it in a storage box full of cards.

Anyway, it sounds like they are a very nice family. It's exciting that you do so much traveling and meet interesting people.

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 10:33 pm

This just reminded me, and I know I'm ridiculously late in telling you this lol but I'm so sorry I didn't send you a Christmas card last year. I know you sent me one I have it in a storage box full of cards.

Hey, that's alright. I think you explained so either in a PM or in fb messenger.

I keep all my greeting cards in storage boxes too. :)

Anyway, it sounds like they are a very nice family. It's exciting that you do so much traveling and meet interesting people.

Thanks. :) And in the last two cruises I took, I met some nice people and made friends with them.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/20 at 2:56 pm

I'm making a big dinner tonight for 7 people, including myself. So I'm really busy starting on the food. I'm glad I have a little time off to post! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Written By: Howard on 02/02/20 at 3:20 pm

I know, where did the month go?  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/02/20 at 3:21 pm

Did the groundhog see his shadow?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/02/20 at 4:14 pm

It's Super Bowl Sunday! LET'S GO CHIEFS!!!

Written By: Sman12 on 02/02/20 at 4:39 pm

Can't wait to see what Mahomes does!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/02/20 at 4:44 pm

Me either! He's one of those quarterbacks that comes along once in a generation. Plus he has an amazing coach and team around him. This could finally be our year!

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/20 at 5:14 pm

My nephews will watch tonight. They are 15 and 12. Should be exciting for them! I only make the food lol.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/20 at 5:15 pm

Did the groundhog see his shadow?

Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGTw6rdDlE

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/02/20 at 9:39 pm

CONGRATULATIONS KANSAS CITY CHIEFS WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/02/20 at 10:11 pm

Nope

Cat

Well then that means a longer winter. Because the groundhog is correct 35-40% of the time you’re best expecting the opposite of what he predicts.

Of course in my area there’s going to be 6 more weeks of winter regardless. Whether there will be 6 more weeks after that is the question. I’ve lost track of all the Mother’s Day snowstorms we have had.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/20 at 5:05 am

Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGTw6rdDlE

Cat

It doesn't matter anyways, it already feels like Spring.

Written By: 2001 on 02/03/20 at 5:50 am

It doesn't matter anyways, it already feels like Spring.

I feel like November was colder than January this year. No winter this year!

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/03/20 at 9:38 am

I feel like November was colder than January this year. No winter this year!

For us it was. We broke records for both cold and snow. Some places nearby got 3 feet at once. Since then it’s been quite mild.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/20 at 12:45 pm

I thought of you when I heard the news and knew you would be happy.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/20 at 12:46 pm

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2e/4b/c4/2e4bc450c584d58167acac00d01d8050.jpg

Cat

Written By: annimal on 02/03/20 at 3:51 pm

yup

Written By: mqg96 on 02/03/20 at 5:04 pm

Big congrats to you sir! I was rooting hard for your team, Patrick Mahomes, and Andy Reid! I did NOT want Shanahan getting off the hook after what he did with my Falcons 3 years ago! I didn't like his attitude before the Super Bowl either like he was taking a shot at us. He may be a great offensive genius but he's too stubborn and arrogant.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/03/20 at 6:38 pm

I had another appointment at the clinic today. I was in such a rush that I decided instead of using hair remover on my legs, I wanted to shave them...WITHOUT SHAVING CREAM. Bad idea. It was either that or go to the clinic with hairy ape legs lol! Not that my legs are really hairy to begin with. But I'm a woman, and I MUST remove all traces of hair on my legs even if it's only a few hairs. Anyway, I stopped when I noticed all the blood. And it stings!! I couldn't go to my appointment. Never again will I shave like that. It's hair remover cream from now on even if it makes me late!

Check for new replies or respond here...