inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: February 2020 ALREADY?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/20 at 6:19 pm

WOW, I can't believe it is February already. And I got to start the new thread.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Subject: Re: February 2020 ALREADY?

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/31/20 at 8:27 pm

I can't believe it's ONLY February 2020. So much has happened in one month it seems like 3 months should have passed already.  :o

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/31/20 at 9:02 pm

Damn, first February of the 2020's.

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 12:59 am

In just an hour it'll be Feb in my time zone!

Written By: annimal on 02/01/20 at 10:52 am

wow!

Written By: karen on 02/01/20 at 11:19 am

First day of the UK not being in the EU

Written By: violet_shy on 02/01/20 at 2:53 pm

Lol I just heard my neighbor yell out "big booty hoe", hahaha

Not to me thankfully but it made me laugh so much. Great way to begin the new month!  ;D ;D

Subject: February 2020 ALREADY?

Written By: Dude111 on 02/01/20 at 3:53 pm

Its unreal is FEB already...

In 27 days it will be March! (Ah man!!)

Written By: 2001 on 02/01/20 at 4:14 pm

It's a leap year.

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 9:25 pm

It's a leap year.

And Feb 29th is 28 days after today (in time zones where it is still currently the 1st, such as those of the U.S. and Canada, as I write this post).

and of course tomorrow we have Groundhog Day...

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 9:50 pm

Anyways, even though January is in the books now, I would like to discuss what I did yesterday (the last day of the month) because I was out all day and did not have much time to be on here.

First of all, it was a work day for me (as the last weekday of a calendar month typically is... and it can be busy too). And when I was done at work, my parents and I traveled down to LAX to pick up a group of friends of ours - namely, a particular family that lives back East (in North Carolina); it was the same family that I first met two years ago when they flew in (my parents had met them years earlier on a transatlantic cruise). So anyway, this family from back east was flying in to L.A. this afternoon, so we made plans to pick them up at their hotel and take them out to dinner.

The reason that they were flying in to L.A. is that they were going to start a Hawaiian cruise the next day (today) that left from L.A. harbor. So my parents and I picked them up in a car that we rented (because we needed to transport six people, including ourselves), arriving at their hotel at about 5:30pm. They were already waiting near the entrance. We took them to the restaurant (same place that we took them two years ago, when I met them the first time), had a nice meal, and a great time chatting with them... and eventually took them back to their hotel by 8:30. Then we drove all the way back home.

And when we got back home, I was too tired to do much else... so that's why I'm typing the story now.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/01/20 at 10:04 pm

Anyways, even though January is in the books now, I would like to discuss what I did yesterday (the last day of the month) because I was out all day and did not have much time to be on here.

First of all, it was a work day for me (as the last weekday of a calendar month typically is... and it can be busy too). And when I was done at work, my parents and I traveled down to LAX to pick up a group of friends of ours - namely, a particular family that lives back East (in North Carolina); it was the same family that I first met two years ago when they flew in (my parents had met them years earlier on a transatlantic cruise). So anyway, this family from back east was flying in to L.A. this afternoon, so we made plans to pick them up at their hotel and take them out to dinner.

The reason that they were flying in to L.A. is that they were going to start a Hawaiian cruise the next day (today) that left from L.A. harbor. So my parents and I picked them up in a car that we rented (because we needed to transport six people, including ourselves), arriving at their hotel at about 5:30pm. They were already waiting near the entrance. We took them to the restaurant (same place that we took them two years ago, when I met them the first time), had a nice meal, and a great time chatting with them... and eventually took them back to their hotel by 8:30. Then we drove all the way back home.

And when we got back home, I was too tired to do much else... so that's why I'm typing the story now.

Sounds like quite a day! But it's nice that you're catching up with old friends and people that you know.  :)

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 10:13 pm

Sounds like quite a day! But it's nice that you're catching up with old friends and people that you know.  :)

Yes, definitely. My parents cruised with this family a few times. And we exchange Christmas cards with them every year. This family consists of a now-retired couple who have an adult daughter who is three years older than me. The couple is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year.

When I first met them, in 2018, they had a couple of extended family members traveling with them, one of whom took this picture (which I posted later that year):
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=31276.msg3749816#msg3749816

We would like to be able to go with them on a cruise at some point, but we don't know when that'll come to fruition.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/01/20 at 10:22 pm

Yes, definitely. My parents cruised with this family a few times. And we exchange Christmas cards with them every year. This family consists of a now-retired couple who have an adult daughter who is three years older than me. The couple is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year.

When I first met them, in 2018, they had a couple of extended family members traveling with them, one of whom took this picture (which I posted later that year):
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=31276.msg3749816#msg3749816

We would like to be able to go with them on a cruise at some point, but we don't know when that'll come to fruition.

This just reminded me, and I know I'm ridiculously late in telling you this lol but I'm so sorry I didn't send you a Christmas card last year. I know you sent me one I have it in a storage box full of cards.

Anyway, it sounds like they are a very nice family. It's exciting that you do so much traveling and meet interesting people.

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 10:33 pm

This just reminded me, and I know I'm ridiculously late in telling you this lol but I'm so sorry I didn't send you a Christmas card last year. I know you sent me one I have it in a storage box full of cards.

Hey, that's alright. I think you explained so either in a PM or in fb messenger.

I keep all my greeting cards in storage boxes too. :)

Anyway, it sounds like they are a very nice family. It's exciting that you do so much traveling and meet interesting people.

Thanks. :) And in the last two cruises I took, I met some nice people and made friends with them.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/20 at 2:56 pm

I'm making a big dinner tonight for 7 people, including myself. So I'm really busy starting on the food. I'm glad I have a little time off to post! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Written By: Howard on 02/02/20 at 3:20 pm

I know, where did the month go?  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/02/20 at 3:21 pm

Did the groundhog see his shadow?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/02/20 at 4:14 pm

It's Super Bowl Sunday! LET'S GO CHIEFS!!!

Written By: Sman12 on 02/02/20 at 4:39 pm

Can't wait to see what Mahomes does!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/02/20 at 4:44 pm

Me either! He's one of those quarterbacks that comes along once in a generation. Plus he has an amazing coach and team around him. This could finally be our year!

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/20 at 5:14 pm

My nephews will watch tonight. They are 15 and 12. Should be exciting for them! I only make the food lol.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/20 at 5:15 pm

Did the groundhog see his shadow?

Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGTw6rdDlE

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/02/20 at 9:39 pm

CONGRATULATIONS KANSAS CITY CHIEFS WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/02/20 at 10:11 pm

Nope

Cat

Well then that means a longer winter. Because the groundhog is correct 35-40% of the time you’re best expecting the opposite of what he predicts.

Of course in my area there’s going to be 6 more weeks of winter regardless. Whether there will be 6 more weeks after that is the question. I’ve lost track of all the Mother’s Day snowstorms we have had.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/20 at 5:05 am

Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGTw6rdDlE

Cat

It doesn't matter anyways, it already feels like Spring.

Written By: 2001 on 02/03/20 at 5:50 am

It doesn't matter anyways, it already feels like Spring.

I feel like November was colder than January this year. No winter this year!

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/03/20 at 9:38 am

For us it was. We broke records for both cold and snow. Some places nearby got 3 feet at once. Since then it’s been quite mild.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/20 at 12:45 pm

I thought of you when I heard the news and knew you would be happy.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/20 at 12:46 pm

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2e/4b/c4/2e4bc450c584d58167acac00d01d8050.jpg

Cat

Written By: annimal on 02/03/20 at 3:51 pm

yup

Written By: mqg96 on 02/03/20 at 5:04 pm

Big congrats to you sir! I was rooting hard for your team, Patrick Mahomes, and Andy Reid! I did NOT want Shanahan getting off the hook after what he did with my Falcons 3 years ago! I didn't like his attitude before the Super Bowl either like he was taking a shot at us. He may be a great offensive genius but he's too stubborn and arrogant.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/03/20 at 6:38 pm

I had another appointment at the clinic today. I was in such a rush that I decided instead of using hair remover on my legs, I wanted to shave them...WITHOUT SHAVING CREAM. Bad idea. It was either that or go to the clinic with hairy ape legs lol! Not that my legs are really hairy to begin with. But I'm a woman, and I MUST remove all traces of hair on my legs even if it's only a few hairs. Anyway, I stopped when I noticed all the blood. And it stings!! I couldn't go to my appointment. Never again will I shave like that. It's hair remover cream from now on even if it makes me late!

Written By: Howard on 02/04/20 at 9:28 am

I think in either February or March we will get hit with a blizzard.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/04/20 at 10:48 am

I had another appointment at the clinic today. I was in such a rush that I decided instead of using hair remover on my legs, I wanted to shave them...WITHOUT SHAVING CREAM. Bad idea. It was either that or go to the clinic with hairy ape legs lol! Not that my legs are really hairy to begin with. But I'm a woman, and I MUST remove all traces of hair on my legs even if it's only a few hairs. Anyway, I stopped when I noticed all the blood. And it stings!! I couldn't go to my appointment. Never again will I shave like that. It's hair remover cream from now on even if it makes me late!

Electric razor is your friend. My face is the same way, can’t use a blade very easily.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/20 at 1:43 pm

Electric razor is your friend. My face is the same way, can’t use a blade very easily.

Carlos used to use disposable razors until his dad passed away and he "inherited" his dad's electric razor. He said he liked it much better and now he uses the electric one all the time.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/20 at 2:56 pm

Carlos used to use disposable razors until his dad passed away and he "inherited" his dad's electric razor. He said he liked it much better and now he uses the electric one all the time.

Cat
It is just a regular trim with a special razor to cut my beard down to size.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/20 at 3:09 pm

Cat

I use a disposable razor every day.

Written By: nally on 02/04/20 at 3:59 pm

Today I do not have anywhere to go (it is not a work day for me) so I am staying at home.

Written By: annimal on 02/04/20 at 5:50 pm

had an appointment with somewhere else and they want to try training me in whatever I want.  From these people it seems that the people that we're trying to get a fair hearing for have needed to be taken to court for a long time.  That would be so cool if My mom will do that for me.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/04/20 at 7:10 pm

So I was at a friend's house today. It was nice seeing her and her family after a year or so. Anyway, they have nice furniture and she had a lot of people over...but there was nowhere to sit because all of the seats were taken. Well I casually went to sit on the edge of her lovely sofa and I didn't know it was so pointy. I had to cover my mouth I almost screamed. My pelvis It hurt so much it was unbearable...I couldn't breathe, It was throbbing, I was dizzy, I saw stars, I think I saw the universe lol. That's how bad it hurt sitting on that pointy sofa edge. They really shouldn't sell things like that! Next time, I'll sit on the floor thank you. ::)

Written By: annimal on 02/04/20 at 10:17 pm

You're in pain

Written By: Howard on 02/05/20 at 4:40 pm

So I was at a friend's house today. It was nice seeing her and her family after a year or so. Anyway, they have nice furniture and she had a lot of people over...but there was nowhere to sit because all of the seats were taken. Well I casually went to sit on the edge of her lovely sofa and I didn't know it was so pointy. I had to cover my mouth I almost screamed. My pelvis It hurt so much it was unbearable...I couldn't breathe, It was throbbing, I was dizzy, I saw stars, I think I saw the universe lol. That's how bad it hurt sitting on that pointy sofa edge. They really shouldn't sell things like that! Next time, I'll sit on the floor thank you. ::)

Hope you're OK Jess?  :o

Written By: 2001 on 02/05/20 at 5:14 pm

Electric razors don't shave close enough. I use an electric trimmer for my beard, but for the areas I don't want any hair, I use a blade–with shaving cream, of course.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/05/20 at 5:24 pm

You're in pain

Hope you're OK Jess?  :o

I'm ok now. Lol.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/20 at 5:25 pm

Electric razors don't shave close enough. I use an electric trimmer for my beard, but for the areas I don't want any hair, I use a blade–with shaving cream, of course.

I use disposable razors every day for a babyface feel.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/05/20 at 5:28 pm

Well, I only use hair remover cream. Just dab some on, wait 10 minutes, and remove hair. I was in a hurry which is why I shaved instead. Never doing THAT again!

Written By: meesa on 02/05/20 at 11:45 pm

Our little town went insane! Lots of gunshots, some fireworks and somewhere, something that was as loud as a cannon. ;D ;D
We were on our feet the last two minutes and so excited, it was pretty great.  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/06/20 at 12:10 am

So today I was down in Kansas City for the Super Bowl parade. I was hanging out with a couple of friends waiting for the parade to start when some idiot in a bombed out old Ford Taurus decided it would be a good idea to lead the KCPD on a high speed chase right down the parade route. We watched as a local sheriff's deputy threw down a stop stick and then the Taurus drove past us at about 50 mph with 4 flat tires.

At first I was like "WTF?" and for a brief second I thought it was kind of funny until I realized in horror that this car could very easily plow into the crowds lining the streets and injure and possibly kill scores of people. After a couple of minutes I asked the deputy what had happened and he said the KCPD safely stopped the car with the PIT maneuver and no one was injured.

Hats off to the Kansas City Police Department for safely bringing this chase to an end and preventing a day of joy and celebration from becoming yet another day of grief and tragedy.

Video of the chase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5hsS4RvOw

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/06/20 at 12:15 am

Our little town went insane! Lots of gunshots, some fireworks and somewhere, something that was as loud as a cannon. ;D ;D
We were on our feet the last two minutes and so excited, it was pretty great.  :)

It's still hard to believe, isn't it? :) :) :)

Written By: meesa on 02/06/20 at 12:18 am

So today I was down in Kansas City for the Super Bowl parade. I was hanging out with a couple of friends waiting for the parade to start when some idiot in a bombed out old Ford Taurus decided it would be a good idea to lead the KCPD on a high speed chase right down the parade route. We watched as a local sheriff's deputy threw down a stop stick and then the Taurus drove past us at about 50 mph with 4 flat tires.

At first I was like "WTF?" and for a brief second I thought it was kind of funny until I realized in horror that this car could very well plow into the crowds lining the streets and injure and possibly kill scores of people. After a couple of minutes I asked the deputy what had happened and he said the KCPD safely stopped the car with the PIT maneuver and no one was injured.

Hats off to the Kansas City Police Department for safely bringing this chase to an end and preventing a day of joy and celebration from becoming yet another day of grief and tragedy.

Video of the chase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5hsS4RvOw

Saw that on the news, glad it ended with no injuries to the crowd.
And pretty jealous of the folks who got to be there.  ;D CHIEEEEEFS!

It's still hard to believe, isn't it? :) :) :)

Yes! And so deserved!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/06/20 at 12:34 am

Saw that on the news, glad it ended with no injuries to the crowd.
And pretty jealous of the folks who got to be there.  ;D CHIEEEEEFS!

It really was an amazing experience and I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Here's hoping you have a chance to go to it next year!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 02/06/20 at 7:33 am

Well, I only use hair remover cream. Just dab some on, wait 10 minutes, and remove hair. I was in a hurry which is why I shaved instead. Never doing THAT again!

Why don't you use shaving cream?

Written By: annimal on 02/06/20 at 7:46 pm

I got myself to go outside in my garden and all my plants are hanging in.  Surprised my snapdragon is still growing so well even in this weather in the dark.  My plan is to get either some chives and or flowering onions as well as a passion vine to get a or some Grey Hairstreak butterflies over here.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/07/20 at 3:19 pm

Doesn't even feel like ive been gone from here that long. Never exactly left. but still!!!! :o :D :D :D

Written By: mqg96 on 02/07/20 at 6:25 pm

Doesn't even feel like ive been gone from here that long. Never exactly left. but still!!!! :o :D :D :D

Dude January 2020 was a crazy month man. I could talk about my personal experiences with you all day with several paragraphs if I could.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/07/20 at 6:27 pm

I'm still waiting for an pop culture musical shift.  >:(

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/07/20 at 7:00 pm

Dude January 2020 was a crazy month man. I could talk about my personal experiences with you all day with several paragraphs if I could.

2019 was a crazy year in general. My fav year of the 2010s BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: nally on 02/07/20 at 10:35 pm

Well it's always nice to see you on here. Thanks for dropping in. :) Hope all is well.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/08/20 at 8:33 am

2019 was a crazy year in general. My fav year of the 2010s BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to you in 2019?

Written By: violet_shy on 02/08/20 at 2:38 pm

Diet Day 1:

I have removed all of the bad junk food in the house. It was so delicious!

Ok seriously, I started my second diet today....yes, there is a second diet. There's my "no sweets" diet. And there's my "just suffer" diet which means I can't eat anything! Let's see how it goes....Lol.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/08/20 at 4:02 pm

Hey Eric. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/10/20 at 12:51 pm

Stayed home today to do some catching up on some things. But nothing particulary exciting today.  ::)

Going to post some more music on my artist page!

Written By: annimal on 02/10/20 at 9:03 pm

had something to do today and tomorrow have an appointment with the dentist.  In the next couple of days have in appointment in Sacramento for my ears.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/12/20 at 5:22 pm

Had to take the public bus today. It's not always as pleasant as they make it out to be. Between the two ladies riding in the very back arguing with each other. The mush on the seat that looked like someone threw up on 8-P.. The occasional feet smell....I nearly passed out :o And to make it even more sensational, the ride was about half an hour! Thanks a lot people for making my ride so wonderful!!  :P ::)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/12/20 at 7:00 pm

I must have caught something because my throat is scratchy, and I don't want to speak so I won't make it worse. I am a singer after all. This is my inthe00s greeting video. Sorry I couldn't say anything because of my throat. But I sure will next time! Hope everyone had a great day!

-n6I972Sklw

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/12/20 at 9:13 pm

I must have caught something because my throat is scratchy, and I don't want to speak so I won't make it worse. I am a singer after all. This is my inthe00s greeting video. Sorry I couldn't say anything because of my throat. But I sure will next time! Hope everyone had a great day!

-n6I972Sklw

Whenever I feel something coming on (always starts with scratchy throat) I start sucking on cold eeze or the equivalent 2x zinc drops. They usually stop the cold in it’s tracks and keep it from developing worse symptoms. I told some people at work about them now they swear by them too. I always keep some on me.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/12/20 at 9:35 pm

Whenever I feel something coming on (always starts with scratchy throat) I start sucking on cold eeze or the equivalent 2x zinc drops. They usually stop the cold in it’s tracks and keep it from developing worse symptoms. I told some people at work about them now they swear by them too. I always keep some on me.

Well, I've been doing the tea with lemons(every singer does this). So far, my throat feels less scratchy. And it feels warm. Will try your remedy! Thanks.  :)

Written By: annimal on 02/12/20 at 11:26 pm

gone tomorrow

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/20 at 1:17 am

Ran today, not going out, but had originally planned to.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/20 at 8:36 am

Had to take the public bus today. It's not always as pleasant as they make it out to be. Between the two ladies riding in the very back arguing with each other. The mush on the seat that looked like someone threw up on 8-P.. The occasional feet smell....I nearly passed out :o And to make it even more sensational, the ride was about half an hour! Thanks a lot people for making my ride so wonderful!!  :P ::)

What you experience is what I experience just about every day on those city buses too.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/13/20 at 11:03 am

What you experience is what I experience just about every day on those city buses too.

Yep I could make a lot more money in the city but I would dread living there, or the commute.

Written By: nally on 02/13/20 at 11:39 am

Yep I could make a lot more money in the city but I would dread living there, or the commute.

Oh yes, that kinda commute can be grueling at times. In the L.A. area we have a public transportation system that has been expanding. This includes a commuter train (which both my dad and I took regularly), a subway system, and several bus lines.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/13/20 at 11:53 am

My throat is better today!...I can sing, I can sing!! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/20 at 11:55 am

Sorry to here this. I have seen nothing as bad as this on my bus journeys, but occasions like this do go report in the press. Also, we have to think of something else when riding we members of the public now, coughing and sneezing, etc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/20 at 11:58 am

O0

Drinking honey and lemon, with ginger?

Written By: nally on 02/13/20 at 11:59 am

Yayy!!! :) That's great news.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/13/20 at 12:03 pm

Also, we have to think of something else when riding we members of the public now, coughing and sneezing, etc.

Thankfully, I think nobody on the bus had a cold. I think it was the weather that made my throat scratchy.  :P

O0

Drinking honey and lemon, with ginger?

Just tea with lemons. I didn't try it with ginger. But the tea really helped!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/20 at 12:05 pm

Just tea with lemons. I didn't try it with ginger. But the tea really helped!
Over the years we have always had ginger for the throat, especially when the voice has been lost.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/20 at 2:36 pm

Wagon, the commute is sometimes horrible here in New York City but I've been relying on public transportation for over 30 years and it takes me wherever I want to go, The problem is waiting for the buses in either the rain or the snow.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/20 at 2:37 pm

Wonderful! O0

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/13/20 at 4:11 pm

Wagon, the commute is sometimes horrible here in New York City but I've been relying on public transportation for over 30 years and it takes me wherever I want to go, The problem is waiting for the buses in either the rain or the snow.

Public transportation is basically nonexistent here. I keep several cars so I always have one that runs. But I like being able to just go anywhere on my own. No traffic lights unless I go into town. And I can take the back roads all the way home which is nice if I’m hauling anything oversized from Home Depot.

Written By: annimal on 02/13/20 at 9:55 pm

I use to take the buses around here and probably will be again because I cant drive.

Written By: nally on 02/14/20 at 12:23 am

It is almost Valentine's Day (well, it is in several time zones right now)...

http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/valentine/smiley.gif

Written By: Sman12 on 02/14/20 at 8:08 am

Happy Valentine's Day...except for me.  :-[

Written By: violet_shy on 02/14/20 at 8:26 am

Ok...you're ALL my Valentines today!! :D

It can be a special day for people we know, we don't have to be lovers... ::) ;D

Written By: annimal on 02/14/20 at 1:16 pm

Well mine is to start plans to get away from my mom.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/20 at 4:48 pm

Public transportation is basically nonexistent here. I keep several cars so I always have one that runs. But I like being able to just go anywhere on my own. No traffic lights unless I go into town. And I can take the back roads all the way home which is nice if I’m hauling anything oversized from Home Depot.

Where do you live?

Written By: Howard on 02/14/20 at 4:49 pm

It can be a special day for people we know, we don't have to be lovers... ::) ;D

Thank You, Happy Valentine's Day. :)

Written By: nally on 02/14/20 at 6:02 pm

Aww, that's sweet.

True that.

And it looks like our admins forgot to turn on the valentine emoticons...
That is, these guys:

Written By: violet_shy on 02/14/20 at 7:31 pm

I saw these chocolates for everyone, but there are only 19 pieces. So we're gonna share! Howard you get half of mine...lol! And Jeffrey can keep the heart shaped box  ;D hahaha

https://i.ibb.co/Vgz4Qjf/valentine-chocolate-heart-19-piece-truffles.jpg

Written By: nally on 02/14/20 at 8:00 pm

^ http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/valentine/afro.gif

Sounds like a good deal to me!

Written By: annimal on 02/14/20 at 9:52 pm

I don't like chocolate anyway so that's okay anyway.  I'll keep the red rose outside my window

Written By: nally on 02/14/20 at 10:38 pm

By the way... even though today was an overall good day for me, there was one not-so-good thing that I found out today at my workplace.

My boss had to say goodbye to her pet bird last night. :\'( He had been in ill health lately; she even brought him to the office earlier this week. But his condition took a turn for the worst, and he passed on last night. Therefore, she did not come into the office today; instead, she sent a message to the rest of us in the office about it. So, one coworker went to a nearby drugstore and bought a sympathy card which the rest of us signed, offering condolences. So when my boss comes into the office on Tuesday morning*, she'll see the card first thing.

*Monday is a holiday (Presidents Day).

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/14/20 at 11:27 pm

Where do you live?

Northern lower Michigan

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/20 at 12:43 pm

Aww, that's sweet.

True that.

And it looks like our admins forgot to turn on the valentine emoticons...
That is, these guys:

Oops.  :-[  Not the first time I forgot-and probably won't be the last.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 02/15/20 at 3:06 pm

I don't like chocolate anyway so that's okay anyway.  I'll keep the red rose outside my window

Ok, how can you not like chocolate!?  :( It's like the best, creamy, sugary concoction a person can have! Too bad I can't have any because of my strict "no sweets" diet.  :\'(

I hope I didn't sound rude.

Written By: Howard on 02/15/20 at 4:15 pm

I saw these chocolates for everyone, but there are only 19 pieces. So we're gonna share! Howard you get half of mine...lol! And Jeffrey can keep the heart shaped box  ;D hahaha

https://i.ibb.co/Vgz4Qjf/valentine-chocolate-heart-19-piece-truffles.jpg

I will take the ones with the liquid cherry centers.

Written By: annimal on 02/15/20 at 4:48 pm

Ok, how can you not like chocolate!?  :( It's like the best, creamy, sugary concoction a person can have! Too bad I can't have any because of my strict "no sweets" diet.  :\'(

I hope I didn't sound rude.

it's just a flavor I don't care for for some reason.  I'd also like maple syrup or something natural rather then sugar.  Oh cool, that red rose has opened up. 

Written By: violet_shy on 02/15/20 at 4:56 pm

it's just a flavor I don't care for for some reason.  I'd also like maple syrup or something natural rather then sugar.  Oh cool, that red rose has opened up.

That's ok! You must have you're own rose garden, right?

Written By: nally on 02/15/20 at 7:22 pm

Oops.  :-http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/valentine/wink.gif

Up next, I believe, are the ones for St. Patricks Day.

Written By: nally on 02/15/20 at 7:24 pm

I will take the ones with the liquid cherry centers.

Those are yummy. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/valentine/cheesy.gif

I like the ones that are solid chocolate too - that is, nothing special in the center. In fact, for 25 years I have had a little tradition of handing out heart-shaped chocolates (individually wrapped in foil) to ladies on Valentines Day. I get them from See's Candies.

Written By: annimal on 02/15/20 at 8:24 pm

That's ok! You must have you're own rose garden, right?

Well the area out my bedroom window I tried to plant in in the past gets ten hours of sun so mom put some roses over there.  The area I going to try planting now is at the back of the house.  It wont be gitting ten hours, but I still got to watch where the sun is and stuff.  It's now beginning to look like about half of the area is in the dark and snapdragons are going to like the area.  The left end is probably going to get too hot to grow anything throughout the year.  Maybe just get Annuals for some of the time

Written By: violet_shy on 02/15/20 at 8:30 pm

Well the area out my bedroom window I tried to plant in in the past gets ten hours of sun so mom put some roses over there.  The area I going to try planting now is at the back of the house.  It wont be gitting ten hours, but I still got to watch where the sun is and stuff.  It's now beginning to look like about half of the area is in the dark and snapdragons are going to like the area.  The left end is probably going to get too hot to grow anything throughout the year.  Maybe just get Annuals for some of the time

That's amazing! I've never heard of Snapdragons. I'll have to look them up when I have the time.  :)

Written By: annimal on 02/15/20 at 8:38 pm

I don't know what to write to the DRAIL people and I cant play Spider Solitaire.  Seems my brain is shut down.  My snapdragon has been growing so well, I decided to try taking a cutting to see if I can get another plant growing.

Wont that be horrible if I get a bunch of buckeye butterflies in my garden in September and possibly some caterpillars as well.  Still see if I can get a cool enough spot on the sunny side to put a passion vine for the Grey Hairstreak.

Written By: karen on 02/16/20 at 12:16 pm

Another wet and windy weekend here. Our garage flooded again and we were woken up in the night by rainwater dripping inside the bedroom window.  The wind was blowing the rain onto that side of the house and some of the mortar between the bricks has crumbled away letting the water in.  I am phoning the builder tomorrow morning.

This afternoon I went to a choir rehearsal.  There is a women only community choir getting together to record something for International Women's Day.  When we've released the youtube video I'll post it on here.

Written By: annimal on 02/16/20 at 1:18 pm

My mom is at her bible study thing.  I started some laundry and am wearing a dark tented pair of glasses that I patched my right eye up in.

Written By: annimal on 02/16/20 at 1:27 pm

I cant share the rose with everybody so I'll share a picture

Written By: violet_shy on 02/16/20 at 2:20 pm

I cant share the rose with everybody so I'll share a picture

Oh beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/20 at 2:58 pm

No worries - one of us can send a little reminder on February 13th 2021. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/valentine/wink.gif

Up next, I believe, are the ones for St. Patricks Day.

Ok, I plugged in a reminder calendar for the rest of the year so HOPEFULLY, I will be good to go for a while. We shall see.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/16/20 at 3:21 pm

Ok, I plugged in a reminder calendar for the rest of the year so HOPEFULLY, I will be good to go for a while. We shall see.

Cat

I should do that sorta thing when I have to remember to do certain things in my life. But mostly I seem to be good about remembering. However, if I have an appointment, I have to write it in my appointment calendar.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/20 at 3:39 pm

I should do that sorta thing when I have to remember to do certain things in my life. But mostly I seem to be good about remembering. However, if I have an appointment, I have to write it in my appointment calendar.

I am USUALLY good at remembering things-except changing smilies.  :D ;D ;D ;D 

We get our trash collected every two weeks. Can't tell you how many times we forgot to bring it to the curb. I created a reminded that pops up on my computer when it is time to bring it out. The only time we forgot to bring it out to the curb is when I turned the computer off before the note pops up.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/16/20 at 9:12 pm

^Most times, we remember ours. And where we live, the the green bin (for yard clippings) and the recycle bin get emptied on alternating weeks. And we're usually diligent about remembering which week pertains to either of those. (In fact, next month, on St. Patricks Day, our green bin will be emptied!) We also know that whenever there's a Monday holiday (as there will be this week), the trash collection gets moved to the next day; that is, the day after the usual pickup day.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/16/20 at 9:49 pm

I cooked a big dinner tonight. We had my brother over with my nephews for some family fun night togetherness. Everyone enjoyed my home cooked supper that only took an hour and a half to make. Then, I had some time to myself after I cleaned the cooking area. I then logged in to Smule and sung a couple of songs. I need to get back to my song writing and release a new track of my own. After "Faster than the speed if love", I haven't released anymore songs. I'm thinking maybe during Summer.

Written By: annimal on 02/18/20 at 7:45 pm

medicare wants to automatically enroll me in some plan and we got to go make sure it will cover the cost of my medicine and stuff.  I probably wont be here tomorrow morning.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/20/20 at 2:43 pm

It was a great day today.

Spent a nice afternoon with my mother, my aunt, and my little nephew(Antonio) who is 5 months old and niece(Sophia) who is 7 years old. We took them to a great children's playplace where they got to have fun. After that we had a nice afternoon meal.

Playthings sure have changed since I was a kid. There are these little toy dolls called LOL Dolls that Sophia really wants. I actually looked them up online. They come inside a ball and when you open them there's a small doll inside with accessories. I'm guessing they are the latest must have toy.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/20/20 at 11:04 pm

Friday we have a meeting about a new bonus program at work. That will be nice if it’s what I think it is. We had quarterly profit sharing when I started there 21 years ago and it only lasted about another year. Will be nice if they bring it back.

Written By: nally on 02/21/20 at 12:37 am

It was a great day today.

Spent a nice afternoon with my mother, my aunt, and my little nephew(Antonio) who is 5 months old and niece(Sophia) who is 7 years old. We took them to a great children's playplace where they got to have fun. After that we had a nice afternoon meal.

Playthings sure have changed since I was a kid. There are these little toy dolls called LOL Dolls that Sophia really wants. I actually looked them up online. They come inside a ball and when you open them there's a small doll inside with accessories. I'm guessing they are the latest must have toy.

Sounds like you had a nice time today! :)

I'm not too "up" on playthings either. I liked the ones I had as a kid.

Written By: nally on 02/21/20 at 12:38 am

Anyways...my mom is going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow...so today she had to avoid solid foods to prepare for it. I hope it all goes well tomorrow.

Written By: karen on 02/21/20 at 5:47 am

Anyways...my mom is going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow...so today she had to avoid solid foods to prepare for it. I hope it all goes well tomorrow.

Hope that goes well for her.

Written By: karen on 02/21/20 at 5:54 am

Half term holiday here which means a week off work and school.

James went to Cambridge at the beginning of the week to visit Elizabeth and show a friend around the university he hopes to be studying at next year.

We came up to the Lake District yesterday to stay with Dai. Last night we went to see Rich Hall (comedian) at the local theatre. It was a great show, he does a bit of stand up and then some songs in a country style. He coped with a random heckler,  nicely adapted a song to take into account answers given by an audience member and also sang a song taking the mick out of local rivalries

Written By: Howard on 02/21/20 at 7:54 am

Good Luck to her.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/21/20 at 10:17 am

Hopefully I get accepted to my job this week!  :)

Written By: annimal on 02/21/20 at 10:58 am

I haven't heard back about possibly working in a nursery.  The place that never trained wants to put on this big show and bring people from Sacramento and stuff.

We got to protect our phony baloney job  imminently  imminently     

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/20 at 1:52 pm

Half term holiday here which means a week off work and school.

James went to Cambridge at the beginning of the week to visit Elizabeth and show a friend around the university he hopes to be studying at next year.

We came up to the Lake District yesterday to stay with Dai. Last night we went to see Rich Hall (comedian) at the local theatre. It was a great show, he does a bit of stand up and then some songs in a country style. He coped with a random heckler,  nicely adapted a song to take into account answers given by an audience member and also sang a song taking the mick out of local rivalries

I saw Rich Hall back in the '80s. Didn't know he was still around.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/21/20 at 2:19 pm

Good Luck S-man. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/21/20 at 2:26 pm

I haven't heard back about possibly working in a nursery.  The place that never trained wants to put on this big show and bring people from Sacramento and stuff.

We got to protect our phony baloney job  imminently  imminently     

Hope you both get the jobs!

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/21/20 at 4:57 pm

Finally out for the weekend! Sunny and 40s they say. Will be a heat wave for us and a treat to see the sun. I might go up north.

Written By: annimal on 02/21/20 at 4:59 pm

it would be so cool if I got the job but it's also going to be great it get this phony baloney place shut down as well so if I don't get this job right away it might work out better.

Written By: nally on 02/22/20 at 3:18 pm

Hope that goes well for her.

Good Luck to her.

Thank you both. She and my dad both said the procedure went well yesterday.

While that was going on, I had a very busy day at work.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/20 at 3:59 pm

Finally out for the weekend! Sunny and 40s they say. Will be a heat wave for us and a treat to see the sun. I might go up north.

Where you live, do you get snow?

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/22/20 at 4:22 pm

Where you live, do you get snow?

Yes usually between 100 and 200 inches a year.  Not just from Canada but lots of lake effect. We always get one small snow before Halloween and many years have had a small snowstorm on Mother’s Day.

Upper Michigan often gets 300 to 400 inches due to Lake Superior.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/22/20 at 5:09 pm

Did some early Winter cleaning at home. It is so clean in my apartment I can actually eat on the floor!

Written By: nally on 02/22/20 at 8:57 pm

Did some early Winter cleaning at home. It is so clean in my apartment I can actually eat on the floor!

That's good. I try to do cleaning in my home frequently, to keep it tidy.

Written By: annimal on 02/22/20 at 9:25 pm

chose three plants that I would like to fill the sunny side of my garden with

Written By: violet_shy on 02/22/20 at 9:34 pm

That's good. I try to do cleaning in my home frequently, to keep it tidy.

I love it when my place is tidy and spotless. Everything cleaned! Makes my day, woohoo!!

Written By: Howard on 02/23/20 at 7:39 am

I love it when my place is tidy and spotless. Everything cleaned! Makes my day, woohoo!!

I try to clean my room too, gives me a good feeling!

Written By: karen on 02/23/20 at 4:36 pm

I saw Rich Hall back in the '80s. Didn't know he was still around.

Cat

He does quite a lot in the UK, topical quiz shows and similar. I think he said his wife is British, so he possibly spends more time in the UK

Written By: nally on 02/23/20 at 4:37 pm

Same with me... although lately I haven't been able to find time to do it all. I should schedule a specific day and time to do it, and stick with the plan.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/20 at 1:20 am

Had a few rough days, feeling unwell, and not doing my usual activities, not it is home to rest.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/20 at 1:22 am

He does quite a lot in the UK, topical quiz shows and similar. I think he said his wife is British, so he possibly spends more time in the UK
When I used to attend BBC Radio Show recordings, Rich Hall was a many a time in attendance. I knew that he resides in the UK, but did not know his wife is British.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/24/20 at 11:25 am

Same here. I like to keep the main areas nice looking. I do have some areas that are cluttered, like  upstairs where I work on things. In any case I don’t like my house to be dirty. I almost always take off my boots at the door.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/20 at 11:36 am

Same here. I like to keep the main areas nice looking. I do have some areas that are cluttered, like  upstairs where I work on things. In any case I don’t like my house to be dirty. I almost always take off my boots at the door.
For me, it is every room.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/20 at 2:24 pm

Same with me... although lately I haven't been able to find time to do it all. I should schedule a specific day and time to do it, and stick with the plan.

I try to go all around my room from dusting to a bit of vacuuming.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/20 at 2:26 pm

Since no one really comes in my room and I'm the only one in my room that gets foot traffic expect one of my parents comes in and talks to me.

Written By: nally on 02/24/20 at 6:25 pm

I try to go all around my room from dusting to a bit of vacuuming.

I do that every week.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/26/20 at 9:38 am

It's nearing the end of February, and relatively nothing happened to me this month.  I got a job interview, I still have a strained relationship with my mom, and I'm battling personal and financial issues with my college.

Written By: nally on 02/26/20 at 11:40 pm

It's nearing the end of February, and relatively nothing happened to me this month.  I got a job interview, I still have a strained relationship with my mom, and I'm battling personal and financial issues with my college.

Sorry to hear of this. Better luck to you in March!

With regards to your job interview, is there a way for you to follow up on that? Such as calling or messaging the person(s) who interviewed you?

Written By: Howard on 02/27/20 at 7:36 am

Hopefully things get better.

Written By: annimal on 02/27/20 at 4:19 pm

the old job training wants to work with a different training place.  The training place looks good, but I'm not sure about some of the things I went through with this old place. 

Written By: karen on 02/29/20 at 6:45 am

I was busy on Wednesday and Thursday evening. On Wednesday I went to a talk after school by James Ketchell.  He recovered from a motorbike crash (where doctors said he might not walk) to complete a number of challenges. He's rowed across the Atlantic, climbed Everest, cycled around the world, flew a gyrocopter round the world. He has also failed a few times, having to be rescued on two of his rowing trips, and making the news as a consequence.

His speech was a mixture of a travelogue and what he has learned about resilience and making things happen. Very inspiring.

On Thursday I went out for a meal with some friends from work, meeting up with some ex-colleagues.  I then dashed across to a rehearsal and recording with a women's choir of a song for International Women's Day.  It is will be launched as a Youtube video next weekend.

We have had loads more wet and windy weather here in the UK.  Some events have been cancelled because areas have been flooded. Some people at work have struggled because their route in crosses a river that has been across the road at times.  Thankfully the brook next to our house is in a very deep culvert

Written By: nally on 02/29/20 at 10:26 am

^ Wow. You were certainly busy. Seems like you learned some things too. O0

I was also very busy, yesterday at work.

Written By: nally on 02/29/20 at 10:27 am

Anyways, happy Leap Day all! :)

Written By: annimal on 02/29/20 at 5:49 pm

can I stop jumping?

Check for new replies or respond here...