inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What were you afraid of as a kid?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/31/20 at 9:31 pm

I'm just curious. I was remembering some of my childhood fears...silly little things.

So what scared you as a kid? And do you still think about it today?

Subject: Re: What were you afraid of as a kid?

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/31/20 at 9:46 pm

Hardwood floors. I was deathly scared to set foot on them thinking I’d fall through. Up till like age six I’d have to have someone carry me. Thankfully I was tiny.

Most orchestral music. The music to mission impossible. The Sesame Street scene where the M is crumbling from a mountain.

The episode of Webster where he went behind the clock and climbed the ladder.

Flue covers on chimneys especially the decorative ones. Decorative metal plates on the gables of old houses. Old style furniture and architecture with the swoops. Boats and ships.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/31/20 at 9:53 pm

This is strange. But when I was a kid(5 or 6 years old) I was terrified to look inside my view master without the slides...lol, there was this dark object inside when I looked through it. It was always there, part of the mechanism I guess but I didn't know that.

Also, the first time I lost a tooth, this was when I was 5. I didn't want to lose anymore. Scared me!

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 10:00 pm

Going underwater in a swimming pool. Even as I got older that fear still stuck with me. In fact, I wanted to learn to swim so I could conquer that fear.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/20 at 12:22 pm

Japanese beetles. My sister used to get them to wave them in my face and I would scream.

Not too long ago, I was visiting said sister and we were talking to another sister on the phone. They were remarking how I used to be afraid of the beetles and how they used to tease me. I asked them if they knew WHY I was afraid of them. They didn't. I told them that one day I was at a friend's house who had a pool. I don't think their pool was cleaned out in a while because there were Japanese beetles all over the pool. I went under water and when I came up, there were a few in my hair and it totally freaked me out. That was when I became afraid of them. Of course today, I'm no longer afraid of them.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/02/20 at 3:22 pm

Roller-Coasters.

Check for new replies or respond here...