inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Let's talk about our siblings!

Written By: violet_shy on 02/05/20 at 9:53 pm

Do you have any brothers and/or sisters? How many and what are their ages?

I have two brothers, and one sister. My oldest brother is 45, my second brother is 42, and my sister is 32.

Subject: Re: Let's talk about our siblings!

Written By: 2001 on 02/05/20 at 9:55 pm

I have two brothers, ages 25 (almost 26) and 24 (almost 25), and then I have two twin sisters who are 14.

Written By: nally on 02/06/20 at 12:24 am

I don't have any. I'm an only child. I also ended up being the only grandchild on either side of the family!

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 02/06/20 at 12:54 am

I'm both the secondborn and lastborn. My brother is 2 years older than me.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/20 at 7:32 am

I had a brother, he was older than me but unfortunately he passed away 25 years ago from diabetes complications.  :\'(

Written By: violet_shy on 02/06/20 at 8:16 am

I had a brother, he was older than me but unfortunately he passed away 25 years ago from diabetes complications.  :\'(

I'm sorry about your brother, Howard. That must have been awful.  :\'(

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/06/20 at 11:32 am

I have a sister who is 2 1/2 years younger than me, she just turned 41.  That's it, at least that I know of (I've heard stories from time to time....)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/20 at 1:28 pm

I am the last out of 6. (My parents saved the best for last.  :D ;D ;D ;D) I have one brother (who is the oldest) and the rest are sisters. Unfortunately, we lost our oldest sister in 2008.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 02/06/20 at 1:34 pm

I am the last out of 6. (My parents saved the best for last.  :D ;D ;D ;D) I have one brother (who is the oldest) and the rest are sisters. Unfortunately, we lost our oldest sister in 2008.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

It must have been special being the youngest! My sister is too. Sorry about your sister..

Written By: Howard on 02/06/20 at 2:02 pm

I'm sorry about your brother, Howard. That must have been awful.  :\'(

Yes it was, that took it's toll on all of us in our Family.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/20 at 2:18 pm

It must have been special being the youngest! My sister is too. Sorry about your sister..

No, I didn't think it was special. My sisters teased me merciless when we were growing up (they still do sometimes). I also missed out of a lot of things that they had because when it was my turn to get them, we no longer had the means.

By the time I was in high school, I was the only one left at home and my mother tried to suppress me because I was the last of her "babies". I felt like I had more freedom when I was 10 years old than I did when I was 17. I left home short of my 19th birthday.

Today, I have a very good relationship with my sisters which I am VERY grateful for. The 4 of us are fairly close. My brother is basically the black sheep. A lot of that has to do with his wife. We are sure if she wasn't in the picture, he would probably be more a part of this family.

Cat

Written By: meesa on 02/08/20 at 1:23 am

Two brothers, one sister living, one sister that passed at 2 yrs old (she had heart complications due to Downs syndrome).
I am the only child by my mother and father and oldest of the bunch.

Written By: shadowcookie on 02/08/20 at 2:25 am

I have one sister who is 34 in November.

Written By: shadowcookie on 02/08/20 at 2:27 am

Cat

You almost sound like my mother - she’s the second last of 6, with one brother who is also the oldest. They are all still living but one has had cancer on and off since she was 25 (she’ll be 60 in April).

Written By: loki 13 on 02/08/20 at 6:57 am

I'm both the secondborn and lastborn. My brother is 2 years older than me.

Ditto!

Written By: violet_shy on 02/08/20 at 8:30 am

No, I didn't think it was special. My sisters teased me merciless when we were growing up (they still do sometimes). I also missed out of a lot of things that they had because when it was my turn to get them, we no longer had the means.

By the time I was in high school, I was the only one left at home and my mother tried to suppress me because I was the last of her "babies". I felt like I had more freedom when I was 10 years old than I did when I was 17. I left home short of my 19th birthday.

Today, I have a very good relationship with my sisters which I am VERY grateful for. The 4 of us are fairly close. My brother is basically the black sheep. A lot of that has to do with his wife. We are sure if she wasn't in the picture, he would probably be more a part of this family.

Cat

I never teased my sister growing up, thankful for that! But she and my brother were always at each other lol!

Written By: Howard on 02/08/20 at 4:04 pm

I never teased my sister growing up, thankful for that! But she and my brother were always at each other lol!

My Brother And I growing up always teased each other.

Written By: nally on 02/08/20 at 9:44 pm

My Brother And I growing up always teased each other.

I never had a brother, but if I did, I would have always done my best to respect 'em.

My dad was the oldest of three boys, and from what I understand, he was always good to his brothers. (That is, they were all on good terms.)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/08/20 at 11:12 pm

I never had a brother, but if I did, I would have always done my best to respect 'em.

My dad was the oldest of three boys, and from what I understand, he was always good to his brothers. (That is, they were all on good terms.)

Tell you what. I'll be your twin sister for a week! Why not, right!? And you can call me "sis".  :D

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/09/20 at 9:46 am

I have 1 younger sister

Written By: nally on 02/09/20 at 4:51 pm

Tell you what. I'll be your twin sister for a week! Why not, right!? And you can call me "sis".  :D

Deal! :)

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 02/09/20 at 6:21 pm

That is, they were all on good terms.

You can't ever be too certain about these things.

Written By: nally on 02/09/20 at 6:25 pm

You can't ever be too certain about these things.

Excuse me. I trust my father; he always treats everyone well. And he and my mom both taught me well too.
In fact... lately, one of his brothers was recently in the hospital for treatment on an infection, so naturally my dad showed concern, by talking with his brother over the phone about it. Furthermore, my uncle even called the house from his phone to give us updates on the whole thing.

Check for new replies or respond here...