inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: March 2020 Monthly Thread

Written By: nally on 03/01/20 at 9:05 am

I saw that nobody started one yet, so here goes.

Happy March 2020 everyone!!

Subject: Re: March 2020 Monthly Thread

Written By: Sman12 on 03/01/20 at 2:27 pm

Happy March and I wish you all of the luck!  :)

Written By: annimal on 03/01/20 at 3:28 pm

It's been overcast this first day so my insides are cold.  I got some laundry done though

Written By: violet_shy on 03/01/20 at 4:13 pm

Not a very good start of the month for me, but hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 03/01/20 at 5:35 pm

It's been overcast this first day

It was kinda like that here too. There was even a chance for rain, but none has fallen. But I had a nice morning. :)

I got some laundry done though

That's good. O0 I'm getting some done right now too.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/02/20 at 9:52 am

This month, I will (hopefully) be getting a job and I'm going to transfer to another college (for personal and financial issues) for the fall semester.

Written By: annimal on 03/02/20 at 11:09 am

I may be getting a gob or taking some people to court with my mom's help.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/20 at 4:28 pm

This month, I will (hopefully) be getting a job and I'm going to transfer to another college (for personal and financial issues) for the fall semester.

good luck Sman. :)

Written By: annimal on 03/02/20 at 5:07 pm

I see I spelled job with a g up higher, oh well.  the right side of my garden area only gets 2 hours for awhile so I'll have to get some type of shade plant for that time, but am not completely sure how hot it might get.  I'm thinking about getting Lupinus succulentus and tithonia rotundifolia for the left side of my garden, I don't think it will be getting less then 3 hours of sun.  I may want to try Coreopsis lanceolata on the right.  I've read it can take sun to shade.

Written By: annimal on 03/02/20 at 10:11 pm

changed my mind for the last time on getting seeds.  I'm trying to find a place I can ask this.  I keep finding places say  full sun is 6 hours of unfiltered light.  I'd like to know if that's still the case in the central valley where I live or if 5 and a half hours would probably be okay or if it can be filtered.  I'm buying seeds for a variety of milkweed that says full sun anyway to see how it does.  The other is that lupine I said I was going to get. It says it can take full sun to part shade.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/20 at 12:58 am

Last Saturday, as it was a special day for the year (the extra day for the leap year), we chose to remember family members that are no longer with us.

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/03/20 at 11:49 am

Was really backed up at work and really overdid it. That’s what happens when a bunch of jobs come back at once. At least the money will be good.

This weekend I go back to the hospital for more work on my esophagus. They are really trying to not have to remove it.

After several days of bitter cold fierce winds and whiteouts last week, it’s now in the 40s during the day which is like a heat wave. And it might even hit 50 this coming weekend. Let’s knock down some of this snow! Can’t wait to take out my summer car again.

My daughter turns 19 this week too. Long since been self sufficient so I think I did good. Sometimes it makes me feel old.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/20 at 12:04 pm

On Sunday, we went to a furniture store to buy stools for the (new) kitchen, and ended up purchasing two sofas for the living room instead.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/20 at 1:55 pm

Was really backed up at work and really overdid it. That’s what happens when a bunch of jobs come back at once. At least the money will be good.

This weekend I go back to the hospital for more work on my esophagus. They are really trying to not have to remove it.

After several days of bitter cold fierce winds and whiteouts last week, it’s now in the 40s during the day which is like a heat wave. And it might even hit 50 this coming weekend. Let’s knock down some of this snow! Can’t wait to take out my summer car again.

My daughter turns 19 this week too. Long since been self sufficient so I think I did good. Sometimes it makes me feel old.

What was wrong with your esophagus?

Written By: violet_shy on 03/03/20 at 2:57 pm

I puchased a new dresser for my bedroom. I am soo happy right now! Only thing is I need to assemble it myself. ::) I had the option to pay almost 100 dollars extra to have the dresser assembled by a professional. Definitely not doing that so now I have to do it. Should be fun though! Will post it in the photos board when it's fully put together.

Written By: Ripley on 03/03/20 at 3:13 pm

Hey you guys, I hope all of my old friends here are doing well! With what’s happening in the world it really makes me think about people and hope you all are safe and doing okay. So I thought I would pop in and check on you guys.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/20 at 3:16 pm

Hey you guys, I hope all of my old friends here are doing well! With what’s happening in the world it really makes me think about people and hope you all are safe and doing okay. So I thought I would pop in and check on you guys.
Hi, long time no see, I hope all is fine for you.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/03/20 at 3:18 pm

I remember you! It's nice to see you're posting again.  :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/03/20 at 4:20 pm

What was wrong with your esophagus?

This. The results of years of acid erosion and hiatal hernia. It’s supposed to be a straight tube but the bottom is scarred and shriveled up to the point food can barely pass through and many times I can’t eat at all.  The top is stretched out like a worn out pair of socks from it fighting so hard to push food through. It’s almost like having 2 small stomachs. I try to make the best of it and be normal. They are trying to make it functional starting with the least invasive methods first. I got the best doctors in the state working on me so I remain hopeful.

Written By: Ripley on 03/03/20 at 4:21 pm

Hi, long time no see, I hope all is fine for you.

Hey!!!

Written By: Ripley on 03/03/20 at 4:22 pm

I remember you! It's nice to see you're posting again.  :)

Hey Jessica!

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/03/20 at 4:24 pm

I puchased a new dresser for my bedroom. I am soo happy right now! Only thing is I need to assemble it myself. ::) I had the option to pay almost 100 dollars extra to have the dresser assembled by a professional. Definitely not doing that so now I have to do it. Should be fun though! Will post it in the photos board when it's fully put together.

That's cool!  And it's always fun to put stuff like that together.

Written By: nally on 03/03/20 at 5:20 pm

Long time no see (on here)! I am doing well; hope you are too!

Written By: violet_shy on 03/03/20 at 5:52 pm

This. The results of years of acid erosion and hiatal hernia. It’s supposed to be a straight tube but the bottom is scarred and shriveled up to the point food can barely pass through and many times I can’t eat at all.  The top is stretched out like a worn out pair of socks from it fighting so hard to push food through. It’s almost like having 2 small stomachs. I try to make the best of it and be normal. They are trying to make it functional starting with the least invasive methods first. I got the best doctors in the state working on me so I remain hopeful.

That looks pretty bad. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/03/20 at 8:05 pm

That looks pretty bad. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Thank you. I’ll know in a week after they’ve done their thing and the meds have worn off.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/03/20 at 8:59 pm

Thank you. I’ll know in a week after they’ve done their thing and the meds have worn off.

Sorry to hear you're going thru that.  Best wishes for full and quick recovery!

Written By: Howard on 03/04/20 at 5:03 am

How are you doing Ripley? :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/04/20 at 3:36 pm

Long time no see (on here)! I am doing well; hope you are too!

Hey Jeff!!!

Written By: Ripley on 03/04/20 at 3:37 pm

How are you doing Ripley? :)

Life is crazy 😫 how are you Howard?

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/04/20 at 4:15 pm

Sorry to hear you're going thru that.  Best wishes for full and quick recovery!

Thank you.

Written By: annimal on 03/04/20 at 5:18 pm

I'm looking for something I cant find and wonder if I'd like to tear apart my room since I don't like it anyways

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/04/20 at 10:16 pm

Trying to get warm. I left the pellet stove off because I thought it was going to be warmer than it was. On top of that I worked late again and come home to a 50f house. Stove on high right now and I’m under blankets.

Don’t know about anywhere else but one saying around here is March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Or if it comes in like a lamb then it’s going to go out like a lion. Which is mostly true because of the power the Great Lakes. I’m hoping last week’s fierce winds was the lion and it gets more springlike soon. Never really know though. One year it was 70f on thanksgiving and the end of next April I was camping in a tent. The next year it snowed all November and the end of next April there was still 6 feet deep ice on the breakwall and the bay was frozen solid.

Written By: annimal on 03/04/20 at 10:23 pm

The old training place is starting something new and wants to start doing things right like know the person has done and what skills they have.  One of the things I have not told them at our appointment today is that I've written parodies in the past.  I have that video I did in the past saved on a storage device  if I want to show them that.  I have my Paint Shop Pro pictures and other stuff I can show them.  I also have other stuff to share with them.  They just know I've said horticulture in the past and that today I said I love butterflies and would like to attract them.  They also know I love music, but don't know about me having written parodies

Written By: nally on 03/04/20 at 11:56 pm

Life is crazy

Oh dear. It does sorta get like that with me as well, depending on what's happening. For example, at work there are times when I have plenty to do, and it can seem crazy (case in point, last week).

Well it is always a pleasure to see you here; I know I can also message you on FB! :)

Written By: Howard on 03/05/20 at 7:58 am

Life is crazy 😫 how are you Howard?

I'm doing good. :)

Written By: Howard on 03/05/20 at 8:02 am

My Parents decided that we will celebrate My birthday on Sunday, sorry that it won't be today, My Mother has things to do for most of the morning and afternoon, My Father And I will most likely order a pizza tonight for dinner.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/05/20 at 1:30 pm

Trying to get warm. I left the pellet stove off because I thought it was going to be warmer than it was. On top of that I worked late again and come home to a 50f house. Stove on high right now and I’m under blankets.

Don’t know about anywhere else but one saying around here is March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Or if it comes in like a lamb then it’s going to go out like a lion. Which is mostly true because of the power the Great Lakes. I’m hoping last week’s fierce winds was the lion and it gets more springlike soon. Never really know though. One year it was 70f on thanksgiving and the end of next April I was camping in a tent. The next year it snowed all November and the end of next April there was still 6 feet deep ice on the breakwall and the bay was frozen solid.

March weather is VERY unpredictable. 7 out of 20 of the biggest snow falls north of here has happened in March.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/05/20 at 2:34 pm

March weather is VERY unpredictable. 7 out of 20 of the biggest snow falls north of here has happened in March.

Cat

New York hasn't had much of any snow at all.

Written By: Ripley on 03/05/20 at 4:46 pm

Oh dear. It does sorta get like that with me as well, depending on what's happening. For example, at work there are times when I have plenty to do, and it can seem crazy (case in point, last week).

Well it is always a pleasure to see you here; I know I can also message you on FB! :)
It’s always nice to talk to old friends!  :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/05/20 at 5:01 pm

Hey guys. So today was supposed to be a simple day where I got taken care of what I needed. I got off work at 8 am and headed to the drivers license place to renew my state Id which expires on my birthday. The place my mom and I prefer to go to is about 40-45 minutes away but is small and hardly busy. We got there, and after waiting a few minutes we’re told that a specific person has to take care of the ID renewals. The place is only open on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s and said person is only there on, you guessed it, Tuesday’s. So we went all the way there for nothing. The place in my city gets lines and so we dread going there. But we’re going to have to just show up a little before they open and hope for the best. For me it’s not just the waiting in line but dealing with crowds. I get super anxiety.😫

Sorry for the long rant, just letting you guys know about my day. Good news though, I will be off work 5 days next week for my birthday, starting on Wednesday. 😁🤪

Written By: violet_shy on 03/05/20 at 5:06 pm

Hey guys. So today was supposed to be a simple day where I got taken care of what I needed. I got off work at 8 am and headed to the drivers license place to renew my state Id which expires on my birthday. The place my mom and I prefer to go to is about 40-45 minutes away but is small and hardly busy. We got there, and after waiting a few minutes we’re told that a specific person has to take care of the ID renewals. The place is only open on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s and said person is only there on, you guessed it, Tuesday’s. So we went all the way there for nothing. The place in my city gets lines and so we dread going there. But we’re going to have to just show up a little before they open and hope for the best. For me it’s not just the waiting in line but dealing with crowds. I get super anxiety.😫

Sorry for the long rant, just letting you guys know about my day. Good news though, I will be off work 5 days next week for my birthday, starting on Wednesday. 😁🤪

Well it's nice to read your posts again.  :)

Written By: nally on 03/05/20 at 6:45 pm

It’s always nice to talk to old friends!  :)

I completely agree! 8)

Hey guys. So today was supposed to be a simple day where I got taken care of what I needed. I got off work at 8 am and headed to the drivers license place to renew my state Id which expires on my birthday. The place my mom and I prefer to go to is about 40-45 minutes away but is small and hardly busy. We got there, and after waiting a few minutes we’re told that a specific person has to take care of the ID renewals. The place is only open on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s and said person is only there on, you guessed it, Tuesday’s. So we went all the way there for nothing. The place in my city gets lines and so we dread going there. But we’re going to have to just show up a little before they open and hope for the best. For me it’s not just the waiting in line but dealing with crowds. I get super anxiety.

Sorry for the long rant, just letting you guys know about my day. Good news though, I will be off work 5 days next week for my birthday, starting on Wednesday.

Wow. :o Sorry you had a rough day. Glad you're fine. :)

I was at home all day today, doing plenty of housework (which I often do on days that I don't go to work, such as today).

Written By: Howard on 03/06/20 at 7:52 am

Enjoy your birthday. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/07/20 at 1:35 pm

Hey Jessica!

Hiiii! :)

Written By: nally on 03/07/20 at 6:34 pm

Gotta remember to turn my clocks forward before going to bed tonight...

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/07/20 at 11:44 pm

After being signed up for at least a couple years, I finally got my official application for Truestream today. That means they are building the infrastructure in my area and I will have high speed internet sometime this year. Finally!!! I’ve waited for this all my life. I got a roku at a resale for $15 a few weeks ago or so in anticipation of this. Another thing I’d like to do is get a WiFi relay and camera and control my pellet stove while I’m away from home. For awhile I’m not going to know what to do. The possibilities are endless.

Written By: annimal on 03/08/20 at 10:40 am

I need to do a load of laundry today

Written By: Howard on 03/08/20 at 3:36 pm

Gotta remember to turn my clocks forward before going to bed tonight...

I just did last night.

Written By: annimal on 03/08/20 at 5:02 pm

That's what my parents did

Written By: nally on 03/08/20 at 8:38 pm

I just did last night.

Awesome. O0

I also remembered (that is, the ones which require manual adjustment, such as the one on the microwave and the wall clocks).

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/08/20 at 8:57 pm

Awesome. O0

I also remembered (that is, the ones which require manual adjustment, such as the one on the microwave and the wall clocks).

My phone and computer change by themselves. As for the stove and microwave, I’ll just wait till the power goes out and set them then lol. I don’t have a clock in my Jeep. And I’m pretty sure I put away my summer car before the winter time change anyway.

Written By: nally on 03/08/20 at 9:00 pm

My phone and computer change by themselves.

So do mine. As does the FitBit.

As for the stove and microwave, I’ll just wait till the power goes out and set them then lol. I don’t have a clock in my Jeep. And I’m pretty sure I put away my summer car before the winter time change anyway.

Hmmm, interesting.

Written By: Howard on 03/09/20 at 7:44 am

Awesome. O0

And the only clocks you don't touch are the telephones and the TV cause they change by themselves.

Written By: karen on 03/09/20 at 12:25 pm

I need to do a load of laundry today

It was a lovely sunny day yesterday so I got 4 or 5 loads of laundry washed and pegged out on the washing line.  Now I just need to put it all away.  :-\\

On Saturday I was out in the evening for the launch of a YouTube video celebrating local women for International Women's Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrX7Ub2-NKA

If you look closely I am in the video

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/09/20 at 2:54 pm

It was a lovely sunny day yesterday so I got 4 or 5 loads of laundry washed and pegged out on the washing line.  Now I just need to put it all away.  :-\\

On Saturday I was out in the evening for the launch of a YouTube video celebrating local women for International Women's Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrX7Ub2-NKA

If you look closely I am in the video

It was hard to spot you because they went really fast. I had to back it up a few times but I spotted you.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 03/09/20 at 4:46 pm

I saw the butterfly come to my snapdragon for a second and then this big yellow piece of paper came up

Written By: nally on 03/09/20 at 6:17 pm

And the only clocks you don't touch are the telephones and the TV cause they change by themselves.

I'm well aware of that. As well as the one on the computer taskbar.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/10/20 at 10:36 am

Update on my job search: I am also applying to my local McDonald's. It's a cliche, I know, but Old Navy hasn't called me back.

Written By: annimal on 03/10/20 at 10:43 am

may get to eat with my brother John and have an dentist appointment.  I can then soak and plant some of the lupine seeds I received.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/20 at 11:40 am

Keeping safe, had to do shopping this morning, it was straight there and straight back, keeping my distance from people.

Written By: Howard on 03/10/20 at 3:04 pm

Update on my job search: I am also applying to my local McDonald's. It's a cliche, I know, but Old Navy hasn't called me back.

What will you be doing?

Written By: Ripley on 03/10/20 at 4:58 pm

I’m officially on vacation (staycation) for a week!!!!

Written By: Howard on 03/11/20 at 5:50 am

enjoy your vacation. :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/11/20 at 9:50 am

I will. I just wish I didn’t have to go anywhere, but I really need my id so tomorrow I have to.

Written By: annimal on 03/11/20 at 11:30 am

I need my ID too and so does my dad.  Today I get to put coconut oil in my hair.  You see my scalp is dry and I'm going to see if letting some coconut oil will help stop it.

Written By: nally on 03/12/20 at 7:17 pm

enjoy your vacation. :)

On a related note... a young lady friend of mine, who works for a staffing agency, was supposed to start taking a vacation today (she had indicated to me last month that she would), but I don't know if she's sticking with it; that is, actually going to where she said she'd be going, due to this COVID thingy. If she is still going, then I hope she stays safe. If not, then it might be a staycation for her. I'll probably ask her about it next week when she "returns." (That is, if she doesn't get sick!)

Written By: Ripley on 03/12/20 at 7:31 pm

I hope she chooses to stay home. Surely with what’s going on tickets can be refunded if she was planning to go by plane. Either way I hope she stays safe.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/20 at 2:00 am

I'm still coughing, and in self-isolation. It is Friday the Thirteen, and when that date occurs I normally do not not do anything new or out of the ordinary.

Written By: Ripley on 03/13/20 at 11:31 am

Yesterday was the 6 month anniversary of our older cat, Buddy’s passing. 😢

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/13/20 at 12:08 pm

Yesterday was the 6 month anniversary of our older cat, Buddy’s passing. 😢

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

It has been 2 months since we lost ours. Every now & again, I start crying again.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 03/13/20 at 3:38 pm

Trying hard not to go out much because of the virus going around. Today, I found a beautiful song that I will work on for the next few days. Haven't done that in a while, so it should be fun! Trying to do something different with my singing. Maybe I will just sing in my original voice. Can not wait to start on this song!

Written By: Ripley on 03/13/20 at 4:09 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

It has been 2 months since we lost ours. Every now & again, I start crying again.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Oh no, I’m so sorry Cat. 😢

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/13/20 at 6:50 pm

Trying hard not to go out much because of the virus going around. Today, I found a beautiful song that I will work on for the next few days. Haven't done that in a while, so it should be fun! Trying to do something different with my singing. Maybe I will just sing in my original voice. Can not wait to start on this song!

Are you putting it on Smule?  Looking forward to hearing it!

Written By: violet_shy on 03/13/20 at 7:23 pm

Are you putting it on Smule?  Looking forward to hearing it!

This will be one of my own songs. I will write the lyrics and sing them...so, I won't post it on Smule.

Written By: nally on 03/13/20 at 7:27 pm

I hope she chooses to stay home. Surely with what’s going on tickets can be refunded if she was planning to go by plane. Either way I hope she stays safe.

The only way I can contact this friend is through her work e-mail. So if I send a message right now, I'll probably get an auto reply saying that she'll be away until whatever day it is that she's supposed to return. A week ago I messaged her and she indicated her trip was still on. I don't remember where she said she'd be going, however.

But I agree about her staying safe (which I even indicated in my previous post).

Written By: nally on 03/13/20 at 7:32 pm

So, today I had to go to work, and do middle-of-the-month tasks. Not so bad, considering my office is in a small building and there are only four of us working in it. We're all healthy.

Then I came straight home when I was done.

And I'm probably not gonna go out anywhere tomorrow (although a week or so ago, I originally did have plans to go out to celebrate another friend's birthday, which is today).

Written By: karen on 03/15/20 at 5:56 am

Went to the school Spring concert last night. They have regular small concerts at school, but this was in a larger venue in the nearby city.

James was playing percussion in a couple of pieces, and he was kept busy dashing between, crash cymbals, tambourine and tubular bells.

Later today I am driving to Cambridge to bring Elizabeth home from university for the Easter break.  Who knows when the university will re-open. Several here in the UK are switching to on-line access only for lectures.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/20 at 6:09 am

Went to the school Spring concert last night. They have regular small concerts at school, but this was in a larger venue in the nearby city.

James was playing percussion in a couple of pieces, and he was kept busy dashing between, crash cymbals, tambourine and tubular bells.

Later today I am driving to Cambridge to bring Elizabeth home from university for the Easter break.  Who knows when the university will re-open. Several here in the UK are switching to on-line access only for lectures.
It sounds good to have a concert before mass gatherings are banned.

Take care in all you do.

Written By: karen on 03/15/20 at 6:18 am

It sounds good to have a concert before mass gatherings are banned.

Take care in all you do.

They decided to go ahead as everyone had been rehearsing more or less since the start of the school year.  Obviously this was after discussions with the venue. I've a feeling that had it been next week it may have been cancelled.

Look after yourself.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/20 at 6:53 am

They decided to go ahead as everyone had been rehearsing more or less since the start of the school year.  Obviously this was after discussions with the venue. I've a feeling that had it been next week it may have been cancelled.

Look after yourself.
O0

Thank you very much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/20 at 12:49 pm

Several colleges/universities here are also doing the same thing-including the local one (where Carlos used to work).

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 03/15/20 at 3:12 pm

I’ve enjoyed being back on here the last several days. I really missed you guys. 😎

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/20 at 3:13 pm

I’ve enjoyed being back on here the last several days. I really missed you guys. 😎
O0

Being online here is helping me through my self-isolation.

Written By: annimal on 03/15/20 at 4:55 pm

I don't really have a lot of friends myself  so thats why I'm still here

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/15/20 at 5:00 pm

I don't really have a lot of friends myself  so thats why I'm still here

Me either but if I did I would feel overwhelmed.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/20 at 5:40 am

Me either but if I did I would feel overwhelmed.

I don't have many friends myself.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/20 at 6:23 am

Just been out for a short walk for a breath of fresh air (avoiding crowds), and my legs still feel tired. 

Written By: Sman12 on 03/16/20 at 8:23 am

My younger brothers are stuck at home due to their schools closing for 2 weeks and I have to watch them (maybe except my middle brother who's 15).

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/20 at 8:32 am

My younger brothers are stuck at home due to their schools closing for 2 weeks and I have to watch them (maybe except my middle brother who's 15).
Monday is my usual babysitting day, but I have stay away so I do not pass anything on.

Written By: nally on 03/19/20 at 1:08 pm

My office is still safe, as far as we know. But yesterday afternoon I got set up so that I could work from home if needed. (Of course, it would be a remote connection.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/20 at 1:51 pm

I just wish assure everyone here that I am still fine, and will not be online this weekend, as I have unexpected guests to host.

Written By: karen on 03/20/20 at 4:42 pm

Today was probably James's last ever day of school. 

The school was closed for Easter a week early. He should then have had three weeks off, then back into school for a couple of weeks revision classes followed by national exams.  All exams timetabled for May and June have been cancelled.  His school has made some on-line provision (including for his drum lessons!), I will find out more when he starts that on Monday

I work in a related school, and will be in work on Monday to finish arrangements for the shut down. Not sure when we will be back in.

Written By: nally on 03/20/20 at 7:14 pm

I just wish assure everyone here that I am still fine, and will not be online this weekend, as I have unexpected guests to host.

Please take care in all you do, and stay safe.

I actually did go to work today; my boss discussed with us the plans for the next few weeks. To make a long story short we will all be working from home next Monday, and we are all squared away with what we each need to do.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/21/20 at 2:05 am

Please take care in all you do, and stay safe.
Thank you.

It turns out I can be online, but not one the computer, using a tablet or my phone.

Even with the guests, I an still keeping my distance.

Written By: nally on 03/21/20 at 11:08 am

Thank you.

It turns out I can be online, but not one the computer, using a tablet or my phone.

Even with the guests, I an still keeping my distance.

Good for you. O0

Written By: Ripley on 03/21/20 at 2:44 pm

I’m super tired and I really don’t want to be in public so I’m calling in tomorrow then I have Monday off

Written By: nally on 03/21/20 at 5:47 pm

I’m super tired and I really don’t want to be in public so I’m calling in tomorrow then I have Monday off

Great!

I have only gone outside once or twice all day today and that was to go check our mailbox...which has been consistently empty! (Makes me wonder if we have any mail today at all.) ???

Written By: nally on 03/22/20 at 11:50 am

Great!

I have only gone outside once or twice all day today and that was to go check our mailbox...which has been consistently empty! (Makes me wonder if we have any mail today at all.) ???

There was none at all! Makes me wonder if the postman is only delivering every other day...which doesn't make sense. :-\\

Written By: Ripley on 03/22/20 at 1:36 pm

Yeah I’m waiting on my new Id to be mailed to me so I think they’re delivering less. My mom and I did some shopping but now just relaxing.

Written By: annimal on 03/22/20 at 7:21 pm

was outside in the sun today.  I tried to do a root separation with my New York aster and wouldn't mind having two plants now.  I had to move some French Marigolds yesterday because they were too hot.  They were thanking me today.  They cant handle 6 hours of our sun.  Pansy flowers can.  This is only the beginning of spring.  I cant wait until all of the garden area gets 6 hours of sun. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/23/20 at 6:59 am

Done my shopping for the day, keeping my distance, I think of what I got today will make it that I do not to go out tomorrow.

Written By: Ripley on 03/23/20 at 9:37 am

I’m honestly scared to continue working but scared not to cause of bills 😔

Written By: Sman12 on 03/23/20 at 4:44 pm

Major update; this is my 1,000th post.  :D

Written By: nally on 03/23/20 at 4:51 pm

Yeah I’m waiting on my new Id to be mailed to me so I think they’re delivering less. My mom and I did some shopping but now just relaxing.

We actually got some mail today!!

And I had a successful day of working from home. (Under normal circumstances, I'd be somewhere on the road right now. But not today because I saved on fuel consumption.)

Written By: karen on 03/23/20 at 5:22 pm

UK prime minister Boris Johnson has just announced a lockdown in all but name. Only essential shops to be open, only allowed out for food shopping or exercise alone. No gathering of more than two people (except family members).

I need to go and buy some fresh veg and meat tomorrow to last for the week. James’s girlfriend is staying with us at the moment, but I don’t know for how much longer. I’m not very good at meal planning so this is really going to test me.

Written By: Ripley on 03/23/20 at 5:36 pm

I got my real id in the mail. I weights less than the previous Id.

Written By: Ripley on 03/23/20 at 5:37 pm

UK prime minister Boris Johnson has just announced a lockdown in all but name. Only essential shops to be open, only allowed out for food shopping or exercise alone. No gathering of more than two people (except family members).

I need to go and buy some fresh veg and meat tomorrow to last for the week. James’s girlfriend is staying with us at the moment, but I don’t know for how much longer. I’m not very good at meal planning so this is really going to test me.

I hope your trip to the shop goes well.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/20 at 8:14 am

I’m honestly scared to continue working but scared not to cause of bills 😔

What are you scared about?

Written By: Howard on 03/24/20 at 8:14 am

Major update; this is my 1,000th post.  :D

Congratulations! :)

Written By: Sman12 on 03/24/20 at 8:39 am

Congratulations! :)

Thanks, Howard. I never thought I would make it this far.  :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/24/20 at 3:45 pm

What are you scared about?

Well sick people coming in but my absences aren’t approved so I’ll lose my job if I don’t go.

Written By: Ripley on 03/24/20 at 3:46 pm

Got my permission slip to go to work 😫

Written By: annimal on 03/24/20 at 4:32 pm

This is one of those things that make me glad I don't have a job yet.

The training place is of course not going to be training right now

Written By: Sman12 on 03/25/20 at 11:19 am

This is one of those things that make me glad I don't have a job yet.

The training place is of course not going to be training right now

I was planning on getting a job at either Old Navy or McDonald's, but considering that McDonald's only does drive-thrus and my local mall, where Old Navy is located at, is now closed, I don't think I'll be getting a job for a while.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/20 at 11:35 am

I was planning on getting a job at either Old Navy or McDonald's, but considering that McDonald's only does drive-thrus and my local mall, where Old Navy is located at, is now closed, I don't think I'll be getting a job for a while.
Are you in a position to start up your own business?

Written By: Howard on 03/25/20 at 4:40 pm

What will you do in the meantime?

Written By: nally on 03/25/20 at 6:07 pm

Well sick people coming in but my absences aren’t approved so I’ll lose my job if I don’t go.

Aw, too bad. :(

If I'm not going to be in, then I call in advance. But thankfully I haven't been sick.

In fact, today my coworkers and I reported to the office, and all of us are thankfully feeling good. We accomplished what we needed to do in the office today, and made a plan for the days ahead... so when I work from home on Friday, I'll be squared away.

Written By: annimal on 03/26/20 at 10:43 am

We get to use Kleenex now when we go pee because we cant get enough toilet paper

Written By: nally on 03/26/20 at 11:18 am

^an obvious solution to the TP problem, in most cases.

Anyway, I'm not going out anywhere today.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/20 at 12:24 pm

Now I/we have to stay at home, for no one in the country is allowed to leave their home “without reasonable excuse”.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/26/20 at 1:42 pm

Now I/we have to stay at home, for no one in the country is allowed to leave their home “without reasonable excuse”.

The same here! Some people don't listen though.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/20 at 3:33 pm

^an obvious solution to the TP problem, in most cases.

Anyway, I'm not going out anywhere today.

I didn't go anywhere either today.

Written By: nally on 03/26/20 at 4:03 pm

The same here! Some people don't listen though.

They obviously don't realize (or care) that the restriction is in place for safety and wellbeing. Which is sad.

Written By: karen on 03/26/20 at 4:38 pm

I just took part in a virtual pub quiz. A friend shared a link to it on Facebook. And it got shared everywhere. There were people logging in from around the world. It was live on YouTube and Facebook with about 25,000 people logging in at the start!

The sound was a bit glitchy, and I had to switch between FB and YouTube as one or the other crashed or started buffering. But for one man who intended it as a ting for his regular pub quizzes to do it worked really well.

And best of all it started with everyone going outside at 8pm to applaud the NHS. It has been suggested that everyone around the world should go out on their porch or open a window at 8pm local time to applaud their health care workers.

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/26/20 at 6:28 pm

I just go from home to work and the gas station next to my work. Haven’t gone to the store since last week or to the pharmacy but some meds have run out and I need more.

Had my scheduled video visit with my doctor today. He agreed let’s hold off for more work as long as I can. But I’ll be ok. If my esophagus closes back up I’ll deal with it like before and stay healthy.

Written By: nally on 03/27/20 at 12:26 am

I just go from home to work and the gas station next to my work. Haven’t gone to the store since last week or to the pharmacy but some meds have run out and I need more.

Good for you. O0 I haven't had to visit the gas station in over a week, and I don't think I'll have to do so again for at least another two weeks, because the only place I've had to drive to is my office, which I'm doing only once a week for now. And the good thing about this (which involves working from home on days that I don't go there) is that I save on fuel consumption! (Hence my lack of need to get more gas anytime soon.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/20 at 10:09 am

Still staying in, and being a rebel, I haven't done the washing up yet!

Written By: Ripley on 03/28/20 at 2:57 pm

I’m super tired from work 😓 too many hours when I normally work around 30.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/20 at 4:08 pm

I’m super tired from work 😓 too many hours when I normally work around 30.

It's very stressful at my job too with this virus going around, making everyone crazy!

Written By: Ripley on 03/29/20 at 8:57 am

It's very stressful at my job too with this virus going around, making everyone crazy!

Yes!  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/29/20 at 2:45 pm

Yes!  :\'(

And not many people are out and about.

Written By: annimal on 03/29/20 at 5:32 pm

I bought some snapdragons a while ago and it looks like I better put them in the ground somewhere

Written By: nally on 03/29/20 at 10:58 pm

And not many people are out and about.

That's because they've been instructed to stay indoors, as much as possible. I for one have been following that mandate to a T. The only place I've traveled to at all in the past two weeks is my office (only once per week).

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 4:08 am

I just took part in a virtual pub quiz. A friend shared a link to it on Facebook. And it got shared everywhere. There were people logging in from around the world. It was live on YouTube and Facebook with about 25,000 people logging in at the start!

The sound was a bit glitchy, and I had to switch between FB and YouTube as one or the other crashed or started buffering. But for one man who intended it as a ting for his regular pub quizzes to do it worked really well.

Is that the online pub quiz that is in the news that has now entered the Guinness Book of Records?

Written By: karen on 03/30/20 at 6:56 am

Is that the online pub quiz that is in the news that has now entered the Guinness Book of Records?

Yes!  So glad it got into the book.  At the start he mentioned what the current record was and made it the final question of the quiz.  Lots of people were saying about it becoming the new record, but obviously the Guinness Book has to verify the record independently.

In other news, I took my dad to the heart clinic today for a regular check up (he was on about using the bus - a 2 hour journey). He has been signed off from them and now only needs to visit his own doctor for a medicines review every three months.  James and I will take him his daily newspaper and I am picking up his shopping with my own so he doesn't need to go out at all.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 7:00 am

Yes!  So glad it got into the book.  At the start he mentioned what the current record was and made it the final question of the quiz.  Lots of people were saying about it becoming the new record, but obviously the Guinness Book has to verify the record independently.

In other news, I took my dad to the heart clinic today for a regular check up (he was on about using the bus - a 2 hour journey). He has been signed off from them and now only needs to visit his own doctor for a medicines review every three months.  James and I will take him his daily newspaper and I am picking up his shopping with my own so he doesn't need to go out at all.
Please take good care with your family.

...I am trying imagine how that online quiz worked.

Written By: karen on 03/30/20 at 7:23 am

...I am trying imagine how that online quiz worked.

He videoed himself on Facebook Live and YouTube.  It started just before 8 pm last Thursday and he reminded people about the NHS applause, so if you logged in at the wrong moment you would have been greeted by the image of his lounge wall, some photos and Tottenham Hotspur scarf!

He read out the questions in rounds of 10 per subject. After three rounds he paused for a drinks break, time for people to consult amongst their friends etc.  Then he did two more rounds, another pause and then he read out the answers.  You had to self mark instead of swapping with the table next to you as you would in a normal quiz.  The original quiz is available on youtube and he is doing a regular one each Thursday plus random others (such as a kids general knowledge one that went live today).

It was suggested originally that a justgiving page was set up but he decided this would be too complicated to administer so asked everyone to put in what they would normally pay for a pub quiz (typically a pound per person) into a charity box or their choice.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 7:27 am

He videoed himself on Facebook Live and YouTube.  It started just before 8 pm last Thursday and he reminded people about the NHS applause, so if you logged in at the wrong moment you would have been greeted by the image of his lounge wall, some photos and Tottenham Hotspur scarf!

He read out the questions in rounds of 10 per subject. After three rounds he paused for a drinks break, time for people to consult amongst their friends etc.  Then he did two more rounds, another pause and then he read out the answers.  You had to self mark instead of swapping with the table next to you as you would in a normal quiz.  The original quiz is available on youtube and he is doing a regular one each Thursday plus random others (such as a kids general knowledge one that went live today).

It was suggested originally that a justgiving page was set up but he decided this would be too complicated to administer so asked everyone to put in what they would normally pay for a pub quiz (typically a pound per person) into a charity box or their choice.
Thank you very much much for the info. The YouTube video will be interesting to view.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 9:24 am

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I have have just received the sad news of one of my closest friends has died from the Covid-19. He was in hospital the last few weeks, and as I am at risk myself, I could not visit him.

Written By: karen on 03/30/20 at 10:40 am

I have have just received the sad news of one of my closest friends has died from the Covid-19. He was in hospital the last few weeks, and as I am at risk myself, I could not visit him.

Sorry to hear this Philip

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 10:43 am

Sorry to hear this Philip
Thank you, he was on of my cricket watching friends, we would spend all summer criticising the play on the field and domestic and home news, we always sat in a group that could reach on some days ten. He will be missed.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/20 at 12:57 pm

I am so sorry.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
These are the kind of hugs that CAN be given.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 1:06 pm

I am so sorry.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
These are the kind of hugs that CAN be given.

Cat
Thank you very much.

When it is a friend,it brings it home more.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/20 at 3:46 pm

I'm sorry Phil. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 3:53 pm

I'm sorry Phil. :(
Thank you, I will be phoning his brother tomorrow, but I cannot visit now due to infections involved.

Written By: Ripley on 03/30/20 at 4:13 pm

I’m so sorry  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 4:16 pm

I’m so sorry  :\'( :\'( :\'(
Thank you

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/30/20 at 4:35 pm

So sorry to hear this - my condolences  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 4:55 pm

So sorry to hear this - my condolences  :\'(

Thank you

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Written By: nally on 03/30/20 at 5:26 pm

I am so so sorry to hear of this. :\'( :\'( :\'( My condolences.

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/30/20 at 6:58 pm

So sad to hear of this. Gotta be even tougher being isolated st a time like this. When most of my friends are people on here it really hits home what’s happening.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/20 at 12:56 am

I am so so sorry to hear of this. :\'( :\'( :\'( My condolences.

So sad to hear of this. Gotta be even tougher being isolated st a time like this. When most of my friends are people on here it really hits home what’s happening.
Thank you.

Yes, it is difficult these days, being online here does help me through the situation.

Written By: nally on 03/31/20 at 6:43 pm

Went to the office today...and it's the last time any of us will be going there for at least the next couple weeks. IOW, we'll be working from home more often.

Written By: annimal on 03/31/20 at 9:08 pm

I am noticing that coming on the computer and using my phone is really bothering my eye muscles.  I already feel it starting to bug me and I just got here.  Don't expect to see me here every day.   

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/31/20 at 9:39 pm

I am noticing that coming on the computer and using my phone is really bothering my eye muscles.  I already feel it starting to bug me and I just got here.  Don't expect to see me here every day. 

Sorry you're experiencing that.  Maybe you can get some help at your next trip to the eye doctor  :-\\

Written By: annimal on 04/01/20 at 4:14 pm

You know what though, I've had this for a long time and now that I seem to know more about it I can go without having days with double vision.  I just need a better eye patch solution if I'm going to be on the computer a long time.  I'm covering my eye with my hand now when looking at the screen

Written By: annimal on 04/01/20 at 8:37 pm

my mom has said I have eve paralysis in my left eye.  I tried to look it up and it gave me  Ophthalmoplegia.  My mom want believes that I only get the double vision with moving things, but no, any time I'm taking in some type of non natural light.  She suggests that I wear an eye patch.  I tried covering my left eye for a while, but it now seems that a muscle near my right eye is sore and I might end up needing to switch what eyes I patch.  Anyway I don't know, it's just how my brain reacts to non natural light. 

This training place wants to train me, but at first they wanted to just send me a video (wont be able to hear or see)  They just sent the papers to start the process.  They keep saying they want to know me better but they cant seem to ask me.  This seems like much more to do with starting whatever so they can so they can get paid then helping people which is what these new venders said they love doing.  Trying to still be happy in my garden

Written By: annimal on 04/01/20 at 10:11 pm

I've been bored, guilty  how much of this is my fault though because this is once again my mom making me feel guilty.  What should I do with myself because I don't know.  My mom did a great job of telling me I cant do anything

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/01/20 at 10:37 pm

You know what though, I've had this for a long time and now that I seem to know more about it I can go without having days with double vision.  I just need a better eye patch solution if I'm going to be on the computer a long time.  I'm covering my eye with my hand now when looking at the screen

At one time 5-10 years ago I started getting double vision. Especially driving at night I was seeing road signs double. My eye doctor said I had developed astigmatism and a new glasses prescription fixed it. Hopefully for you it is that simple.

Written By: annimal on 04/02/20 at 5:18 pm

I know I'm having trouble seeing things like the computer and I know it's in my left eye.  A patch over the left eye might make me some computer glasses.

Check for new replies or respond here...