inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: April 2020 already?? (Monthly thread)

Written By: nally on 04/01/20 at 12:49 am

Welcome to the month of April!! The year is certainly flying by!

I don't think I'll be venturing out of the house much... but I know there will be some positivity somewhere.

Subject: Re: April 2020 already?? (Monthly thread)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/20 at 12:50 am

White Rabbit

I am definitely staying in here too, I have good food supplies to tie me over.

Written By: nally on 04/01/20 at 12:51 am

White Rabbit

I am definitely staying in here too, I have good food supplies to tie me over.

I have some such items in my house too, although earlier this week we placed an order for some more, which is expected to arrive today. (That is, on the 1st.)

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/01/20 at 1:44 am

I bought about $40 worth of food 2 weeks ago which will easily last me a month or more. I don’t eat much. Besides for a lot of years I had to get by on nothing so it’s nothing new being creative and saving money. I just go to work and back and gas station. I’m still working afternoons so it’s kinda nice having both mornings and late evenings off. I’ve got plenty to do at home and I’m kinda enjoying it along with the solitude.

Snow is almost gone at least for now so once a good rain washes the salt off the roads I’ll probably take my summer car out. Seriously looking forward to that! Then start working in the garage.

Written By: karen on 04/01/20 at 3:10 am

I have some such items in my house too, although earlier this week we placed an order for some more, which is expected to arrive today. (That is, on the 1st.)

You are lucky to be able to get groceries delivered. Most places in the uk had waiting lists of a month or more for a delivery slot. They said they would prioritise elderly and vulnerable customers first, but we couldn’t see how to tell them an order was for an elderly person. We had tried to get some food delivered to Dai’s mum. Thankfully a neighbour is helping out.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/20 at 4:43 am

Nothing much doing here, working then coming home afterwards.

Written By: nally on 04/01/20 at 12:59 pm

You are lucky to be able to get groceries delivered. Most places in the uk had waiting lists of a month or more for a delivery slot. They said they would prioritise elderly and vulnerable customers first, but we couldn’t see how to tell them an order was for an elderly person. We had tried to get some food delivered to Dai’s mum. Thankfully a neighbour is helping out.

Yeah, some of the wait lists are growing now. That's why we're doing all we can to make a methodical plan with the foods we have in our household.

Written By: karen on 04/01/20 at 4:57 pm

Normally on a Wednesday evening I meet up with my Morris dancing side for a practice. Tonight we met over Zoom. It was great to have a catch up. Our musician played for a few dances and we tried to dance along. It was difficult without at least one other person to dance with. I was in my kitchen dancing up and down and it probably looked very weird.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/20 at 5:00 pm

Normally on a Wednesday evening I meet up with my Morris dancing side for a practice. Tonight we met over Zoom. It was great to have a catch up. Our musician played for a few dances and we tried to dance along. It was difficult without at least one other person to dance with. I was in my kitchen dancing up and down and it probably looked very weird.
...and dancing provides good exercise too?

Written By: annimal on 04/01/20 at 5:02 pm

I've been trying to think of something to f :-X

Written By: Ripley on 04/02/20 at 4:12 pm

Hey all!

Written By: violet_shy on 04/02/20 at 4:16 pm

Happy April, everyone! Stay on the safe side and let's have a great month!  :)

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/02/20 at 4:59 pm

I'm just going one month at a time with situation, really exploring the internet more than I usually do to make sure I don't become bored, which lead to me discovering this website :).

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/20 at 5:09 pm

...and stay at home.

Written By: annimal on 04/02/20 at 5:39 pm

Is it really that deadly outside?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/20 at 5:41 pm

...and stay at home.
You can tell the boards are getting busier now with everyone staying safe at home.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/02/20 at 7:01 pm

Is it really that deadly outside?

It is. It's best to stay inside.

Written By: annimal on 04/02/20 at 7:08 pm

I agree that it may be best to stay inside, but I don't think going outside is going to instantly make you sick.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/02/20 at 7:37 pm

I agree that it may be best to stay inside, but I don't think going outside is going to instantly make you sick.

I would say it depends on how much you have to go through to get outside.

Written By: annimal on 04/02/20 at 9:31 pm

like asking my mom?

Written By: nally on 04/02/20 at 11:20 pm

I'm just going one month at a time with situation, really exploring the internet more than I usually do to make sure I don't become bored, which lead to me discovering this website :).

Well that's good. It's always nice to see new faces here. At various times I find new interesting websites, usu through google searching with certain keywords.

Written By: nally on 04/02/20 at 11:20 pm

It depends on how long you stay outside. A few minutes (say, five) of fresh air isn't going to hurt you, I don't think.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/03/20 at 12:29 am

like asking my mom?

I’m thinking more along the lines of if you have a house then it’s no problem to go in your yard. If you’re in some sort of complex and you wind up in close quarters with others like maybe an elevator, have to touch everything that everyone else does, etc. then I’d be staying in as much as possible. At least me anyway.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/20 at 8:12 am

You do the same. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/03/20 at 8:13 am

It depends on how long you stay outside. A few minutes (say, five) of fresh air isn't going to hurt you, I don't think.

If you are an worker or has to shop for some groceries.

Written By: karen on 04/03/20 at 8:51 am

I picked up a newspaper for my dad and took it round to his house. I went a slightly circuitous route there so I could get a little exercise in.

Just upset loads of spiders vacuuming in all the corners downstairs.

James and I are going to do some weeding and tidying up in the garden.

Written By: nally on 04/03/20 at 10:30 am

If you are an worker or has to shop for some groceries.

That's a different story. Because then you have to interact with others and touch other things.

Written By: annimal on 04/03/20 at 4:54 pm

I’m thinking more along the lines of if you have a house then it’s no problem to go in your yard. If you’re in some sort of complex and you wind up in close quarters with others like maybe an elevator, have to touch everything that everyone else does, etc. then I’d be staying in as much as possible. At least me anyway.

oh okay,  you my be talking more about being in contact with people

Written By: annimal on 04/03/20 at 5:00 pm

I've been in my backyard for longer then five minutes at a time.  I do not think I will become sick just going out in my garden.  I'm not even sneezing or anything from an allergy or something.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/20 at 5:00 pm

I have just realised it is Palm Sunday on this Sunday, and a week later it will be Easter, it does not seem like it.

Written By: annimal on 04/03/20 at 5:04 pm

it's still pretty cold over here when there's a breeze

Written By: nally on 04/03/20 at 5:10 pm

I have just realised it is Palm Sunday on this Sunday, and a week later it will be Easter, it does not seem like it.

Normally that is a busy time of year in churches, but this year it'll be different due to the pandemic. My parents, who are church musicians, have been helping to plan the liturgies for the special days in that span (all services are going to be livestreamed over Facebook and Youtube for those wishing to view them).

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/20 at 5:12 pm

Normally that is a busy time of year in churches, but this year it'll be different due to the pandemic. My parents, who are church musicians, have been helping to plan the liturgies for the special days in that span (all services are going to be livestreamed over Facebook and Youtube for those wishing to view them).
The churches are closed here, and usually on Palm Sunday, the local churches of all denominations met in a park for a brief service and hand out the Palm Crosses.

Written By: nally on 04/03/20 at 5:14 pm

The churches are closed here, and usually on Palm Sunday, the local churches of all denominations met in a park for a brief service and hand out the Palm Crosses.

They are technically closed here too; only the priests and musicians (and a camera operator) are allowed inside to do services that get livestreamed.

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/03/20 at 5:28 pm

A church in my town is doing drive-thru services, as in the pastor is on a outside platform and the band is right next to him and all the cars are parked in front of him in the parking lot. It's gained some traction (pun unintended) in my city.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/03/20 at 8:14 pm

A church in my town is doing drive-thru services, as in the pastor is on a outside platform and the band is right next to him and all the cars are parked in front of him in the parking lot. It's gained some traction (pun unintended) in my city.

Wow wouldn’t that really be something if this sparked the return of drive in movie theaters?

Written By: karen on 04/04/20 at 4:44 am

I've been in my backyard for longer then five minutes at a time.  I do not think I will become sick just going out in my garden.  I'm not even sneezing or anything from an allergy or something.

It’s not the going outside that’s the problem. It’s meeting with other people outside those in your house. I don’t know your house and neighbourhood; it may be that you can be in your backyard without a chance of coming near anyone. The recommendation is no closer than two metres. Where my husband lives he would be within two metres of his neighbour if they left the house at the same time.

As wagonman said what if you lived in an apartment block? Then you probably couldn’t go out without touching things other had touched, or sharing a staircase or elevator. Or you might have a communal garden and have to negotiate times for using it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/20 at 4:50 am

It’s not the going outside that’s the problem. It’s meeting with other people outside those in your house. I don’t know your house and neighbourhood; it may be that you can be in your backyard without a chance of coming near anyone. The recommendation is no closer than two metres. Where my husband lives he would be within two metres of his neighbour if they left the house at the same time.

As wagonman said what if you lived in an apartment block? Then you probably couldn’t go out without touching things other had touched, or sharing a staircase or elevator. Or you might have a communal garden and have to negotiate times for using it.
It is not only meeting people, it is people brushing pass when walking, especially when coughing or sneezing is involved.

Along with gardens, balconies come in handy to for fresh air.

Written By: nally on 04/06/20 at 11:36 pm

It is not only meeting people, it is people brushing pass when walking, especially when coughing or sneezing is involved.

Along with gardens, balconies come in handy to for fresh air.

Yeah, and if you encounter someone while out, you don't know what they might be exposed to.

Written By: annimal on 04/07/20 at 10:52 am

another one of those times when my mom starts a conversation about something and changes it to be more about what she wants

Written By: Sman12 on 04/07/20 at 11:59 am

And here marks another month where I YEARN for my stepmom and I to get along.

Written By: Ripley on 04/07/20 at 3:44 pm

It’s 80 degrees outside!

Written By: nally on 04/07/20 at 3:46 pm

It’s 80 degrees outside!

I actually wish it would get like that in southern California, so we can enjoy our backyard pool again.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/20 at 3:54 pm

It’s 80 degrees outside!

I wish there was snow but I can't complain, it is what it is.

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/07/20 at 4:19 pm

Weather in my area seems to be fluctuating quite a bit, with today being 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 Celsius for non-Americans) but yesterday feeling like fall weather.

Written By: annimal on 04/08/20 at 12:59 pm

Yesterday I did sign the papers to start some kind of training however it works out.  There are some brown things my dad and I have seen flying around like crazy in our backyard.

Written By: Ripley on 04/08/20 at 2:59 pm

I actually wish it would get like that in southern California, so we can enjoy our backyard pool again.

Getting in a pool sounds nice now lol

Written By: Ripley on 04/08/20 at 2:59 pm

I’m finally off work the next 2 days😁

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/20 at 3:07 pm

As a holiday? Or the sign of the times?

Written By: karen on 04/08/20 at 4:27 pm

Weeded a couple of flower beds in my back garden and then did some karate with James. He is teaching me some basic punches and blocks and one of the katas.

This evening I went on Zoom to have a Morris practice with the other members of the side. I went pretty well - I went wrong once when I danced backwards into the ironing board I’d propped up in the corner.

Written By: Ripley on 04/08/20 at 5:57 pm

As a holiday? Or the sign of the times?

My weekend days  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/08/20 at 6:14 pm

Good. You can join the avatar contest.  ;)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61354.0

Cat

Written By: annimal on 04/08/20 at 6:22 pm

with me going to train for a job now and other people here who work who has the time?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/20 at 2:06 am

My weekend days  ;D
O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/20 at 2:08 am

Weeded a couple of flower beds in my back garden and then did some karate with James. He is teaching me some basic punches and blocks and one of the katas.

This evening I went on Zoom to have a Morris practice with the other members of the side. I went pretty well - I went wrong once when I danced backwards into the ironing board I’d propped up in the corner.
...and threw a few basic karate punches on to the ironing board?

You painted a divine picture.

Written By: karen on 04/09/20 at 3:14 am

with me going to train for a job now and other people here who work who has the time?

Who has time to join in the avatar contest? It took me about five minutes to find a picture I liked and remember how to save it in my profile

Written By: Howard on 04/09/20 at 8:23 am

What are your plans?

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/09/20 at 9:29 am

Who has time to join in the avatar contest? It took me about five minutes to find a picture I liked and remember how to save it in my profile

It was easy on this site. Other sites I’ve had to play with the image in photoshop to make sure it met a size and pixel requirement. Had I known it was this easy I would have done something sooner.

Written By: karen on 04/09/20 at 10:08 am

Madness at the supermarket today. I have signed for a local group of volunteers to help housebound and vulnerable with shopping and errands. Today I had to pick up some shopping for an elderly lady. Of course she asks for various branded goods so I couldn’t go to Aldi or Lidl as they only stock generics. I queued for nearly half an hour to get in this morning.

At the checkout I spotted a sign saying they would be shut for the Easter weekend. So this afternoon I went out for my food shop that I had planned to do tomorrow. This time I went to Aldi and queued for another 20 minutes or so. When I spoke to the bloke on the checkout he said they are only closed on Sunday, so I could have gone tomorrow after all.

All this queueing means I haven’t had my normal number of cups of tea. Putting the kettle on now

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/20 at 10:11 am

Madness at the supermarket today. I have signed for a local group of volunteers to help housebound and vulnerable with shopping and errands. Today I had to pick up some shopping for an elderly lady. Of course she asks for various branded goods so I couldn’t go to Aldi or Lidl as they only stock generics. I queued for nearly half an hour to get in this morning.

At the checkout I spotted a sign saying they would be shut for the Easter weekend. So this afternoon I went out for my food shop that I had planned to do tomorrow. This time I went to Aldi and queued for another 20 minutes or so. When I spoke to the bloke on the checkout he said they are only closed on Sunday, so I could have gone tomorrow after all.

All this queueing means I haven’t had my normal number of cups of tea. Putting the kettle on now
I cannot volunteer due to various reason, but I can understand, and it is the thought of queuing to get into a supermarket puts me off from going to them.

Written By: annimal on 04/09/20 at 11:02 am

well I defiantly am too busy trying to take pictures of the butterflys to look for Easter stuff.  My parents had finally decided to get some food plants in the backyard.  The one the butterfly is on is a peach tree.  I usually dont see these lady butterflys until September.

Written By: karen on 04/09/20 at 11:17 am

I cannot volunteer due to various reason, but I can understand, and it is the thought of queuing to get into a supermarket puts me off from going to them.

Today was the first time I have had to queue. Some of it was down to timing as the first store tries to only allow elderly or vulnerable people in for the first hour. I arrived a short while after this session had finished. Everyone was v good at lining up and spacing out around the edge of the car park.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/20 at 11:27 am

Today was the first time I have had to queue. Some of it was down to timing as the first store tries to only allow elderly or vulnerable people in for the first hour. I arrived a short while after this session had finished. Everyone was v good at lining up and spacing out around the edge of the car park.
The major supermarkets here are having the allocated hours, but it is the distance to get thee in the first place, and I am not using public transport, and to get when the queue is very longer. The customers are the smaller stores I have been going to, like you, have been good humoured. 

Written By: karen on 04/09/20 at 2:08 pm

James and I went for a quick walk after dinner and then stood at the gate to do the 8pm #clapforcarers.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/20 at 2:16 pm

James and I went for a quick walk after dinner and then stood at the gate to do the 8pm #clapforcarers.
O0

So was I from my window.

Sorry, I can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Written By: nally on 04/09/20 at 2:48 pm

My weekend days  ;D

Enjoy your time off work!

Written By: nally on 04/09/20 at 2:49 pm

Today is my dad's birthday, so we are celebrating quietly at home. (We're going to make him a nice dinner later on.)

Written By: Howard on 04/09/20 at 3:35 pm

Our supermarket opens for the seniors from 6am-730 over 60 years of age and the next couple of hours after that they have to form a line only 5-10 people can enter the supermarket, it prevents overcrowding.

Written By: Ripley on 04/09/20 at 4:31 pm

Today is my dad's birthday, so we are celebrating quietly at home. (We're going to make him a nice dinner later on.)

Happy birthday to your dad!

Written By: annimal on 04/09/20 at 4:32 pm

I'll be going with mom and dad to buy the butterflys some more plants

Written By: Sman12 on 04/10/20 at 7:57 am

I'm still riding the wave of staying at home and at times, going out for essential things.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/20 at 8:03 am

I'm still riding the wave of staying at home and at times, going out for essential things.

I'm doing the same thing, nothing much to do at home right now except go to my work then come straight home afterwards.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/20 at 8:08 am

Like you, it has been almost a month for me now, and my shopping is done at a careful hour of the day.

Written By: Sman12 on 04/11/20 at 10:06 am

Like you, it has been almost a month for me now, and my shopping is done at a careful hour of the day.

Nice routine. Other than that, I still live at home with my parents, and I plan to go to another college (this time, it's a community college) after having financial problems with the last one I went to.

Written By: Howard on 04/11/20 at 2:41 pm

Nice routine. Other than that, I still live at home with my parents, and I plan to go to another college (this time, it's a community college) after having financial problems with the last one I went to.

I've lived with My Parents all my life, I have a part-time job but being a cart attendant isn't the greatest but it helps me financially, been doing this almost 13 years.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/20 at 6:54 pm

Please vote in our avatar contest.  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61354.0  You don't have to be a contestant to vote. Come and support your fellow board members.

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/11/20 at 7:06 pm

We have been using the Instacart service for our grocery shopping as of late. Most times it works successfully. However, today we had an order delivered, and the person picked up the WRONG kind of sugar. We specifically asked for powdered sugar, but the person screwed it up and picked up granulated sugar instead. So we'll have to ask for powdered sugar on our next order, because there are things we can make with powdered sugar that we can't make with the other kind.

Written By: annimal on 04/11/20 at 10:02 pm

no time to say hello good bye I'm late I'm late I'm late

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/20 at 12:50 am

Yesterday I felt rough with my condition, so I did the best thing, rest, relaxation, and did practically nothing. Watched television, and did not go out.

Written By: karen on 04/12/20 at 5:34 am

We have always done an Easter egg hunt for the children. It has changed over the years - from running around grandparents garden, to a mass hunt with all the children from the orienteering club when we were staying in a village hall.

James is doing one now. He has some small chocolate eggs to find, some little chocolate rabbits and packets of mini eggs.
Elizabeth has messaged to say she left some Cadbury’s creme eggs in a box in her bedroom for us. We can’t find them though, so I think she has accidentally made an Easter egg hunt for us.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/20 at 5:39 am

We have always done an Easter egg hunt for the children. It has changed over the years - from running around grandparents garden, to a mass hunt with all the children from the orienteering club when we were staying in a village hall.

James is doing one now. He has some small chocolate eggs to find, some little chocolate rabbits and packets of mini eggs.
Elizabeth has messaged to say she left some Cadbury’s creme eggs in a box in her bedroom for us. We can’t find them though, so I think she has accidentally made an Easter egg hunt for us.
I think my daughter-in-law was planning an Easter Egg Hunt, for would would had been our Easter family gathering this year, now it is not to be.

Earlier today on hearing on the radio, was Widor's Toccata from his Organ Symphony #5, which brought memories of Easter Sunday last year when attending an Easter Sunday service, the organ piece was played live on the organ and I could feel the bass notes vibrate around the Cathedral.

Written By: Sman12 on 04/12/20 at 7:55 am

Happy Easter, everyone (at home or not)! May you celebrate safely!  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/20 at 7:57 am

Ditto!

At home for me!

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/12/20 at 10:59 am

I might dig deeper in the cupboard and find something different to eat today. But some treats from the gas station sounds good too. Haven’t had that in weeks.

My daughter is working today. She has an essential job at an auto parts warehouse. 3 hours downstate in the big city. So no egg hunts anymore. But I’m thankful she is 19 and on her own and working. If it wasn’t hard enough being broke all the time and driving 700 miles every 2 weeks for 16 years to have her in my life... these times would have made it even more difficult. Wish the corona had never happened but if I had to choose a time for it, right now is the best time for me.

Written By: nally on 04/12/20 at 11:20 am

Ditto!

At home for me!

The same with me. We are going to cook a nice meal at home today.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/20 at 3:00 pm

It's been a quiet Easter being at home doing nothing.

Written By: nally on 04/12/20 at 3:45 pm

Ditto!

At home for me!

I am also at home today. However, my parents needed to go out early this morning to the church, to do music for a livestreamed service beginning at 8am (Pacific time). I was awake before then so I could watch it on the computer screen (through Facebook).

Written By: Ripley on 04/12/20 at 4:59 pm

Hey all it’s cold! Now feels like winter again.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/12/20 at 5:42 pm

Ours got pushed back a day but the snow is coming tomorrow.

Written By: annimal on 04/12/20 at 6:29 pm

it's still April though

Written By: nally on 04/12/20 at 9:52 pm

It has been like that in California lately too!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/20 at 2:44 am

They say only go out if you have to, and I do not have to!

Written By: karen on 04/13/20 at 2:48 am

We had thundery rain yesterday with a brief spell of hail. It has brightened up again though

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/20 at 3:06 am

We had thundery rain yesterday with a brief spell of hail. It has brightened up again though
The radio said hailstorms yesterday, the presenter I think resides in Leicester. We had nothing of that nature in London.

Written By: Howard on 04/13/20 at 4:39 am

Here in New York doesn't feel as warm as what the temperature should be for this month.

Written By: annimal on 04/13/20 at 10:10 am

yesterday I was looking at some of my parodies.  Would a lot of people still know what Star Wars is or has it just become outdated?  How about nursery rhymes? 

Written By: annimal on 04/13/20 at 11:58 am

I would like to know, I wrote my parodies a while ago and over time now I finaly got a good place to put some plants.  It seems things I really want are eventually happening for me.  I'm looking and don't see anything really great, but I'll give you all a list and adresses of parodys I might want to use or something so you don't have to look through my 100's of writings

Written By: karen on 04/13/20 at 12:37 pm

yesterday I was looking at some of my parodies.  Would a lot of people still know what Star Wars is or has it just become outdated?  How about nursery rhymes?

There are still Star Wars movies being made so people know what it is. Whether anything too specific would appeal I don’t know

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/20 at 1:11 pm

There are still Star Wars movies being made so people know what it is. Whether anything too specific would appeal I don’t know
..bearing in mind that the latest Star Wars epic was not well received with the Star Wars fans, my son considered it a waste of good money.

Written By: annimal on 04/13/20 at 2:12 pm

Lots of times the new stuff isn't the same as the old good stuff. 

vampire parodies for October,  I think everyone will still know what a vampire is.  Anyone have a favorite that might be the best for me to do a video with if I get the chance?

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/annhammond.shtml

life thats in your blood          http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/cream30.shtml

setting sun                      http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/theanimals33.shtml

superstition                      http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/steviewonder83.shtml

blood                    http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/thedoobiebrothers30.shtml

down tonight        http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/kcthesunshineband9.shtml

Written By: nally on 04/13/20 at 5:32 pm

They say only go out if you have to, and I do not have to!

Neither do I!

Written By: annimal on 04/13/20 at 9:34 pm

well as far as an OS on one of my vampire parodies I think I'd like to get down tonight.

one Of my Star Wars parodies it asks if a bad words  bleeped by R2D2 how would it be censored?

Written By: annimal on 04/13/20 at 9:51 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/annhammond.shtml

heres what I was talking about  http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/hermanshermits134.shtml

and heres another one  http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/bobbyvinton21.shtml

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/13/20 at 10:14 pm

..bearing in mind that the latest Star Wars epic was not well received with the Star Wars fans, my son considered it a waste of good money.

That’s surprising to hear. The theater here was jam packed for weeks on end with people to see Star Wars. Not just weekend evenings but all day every day. The parking lot was full and you could barely get through the lobby and the line was out the door. A lot of people I talked to watched it over and over. I saw it a couple weeks after it opened with a friend who wanted to see it, wasn’t really my thing and I slept most of the way through it. But even then there were people sitting on the floor in the aisles because they either snuck in or seats were oversold. And this was a Sunday morning.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/20 at 1:54 am

That’s surprising to hear. The theater here was jam packed for weeks on end with people to see Star Wars.
Full of ardent fans, yet to know, even Rotten Tomatoes has the rating of 52% for "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker".

Written By: Ripley on 04/15/20 at 4:15 pm

Can we just erase this year already! 😫

Written By: nally on 04/15/20 at 4:47 pm

I had plenty of work to do from home today...and I actually got all of it done, even though I thought I might not finish. The thing is, because I'm working remotely, things go a bit slower than they would normally at the office.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/20 at 8:26 am

I know how you feel I feel I want this year to be over but I'm still hoping for some good news on the horizon.

Written By: annimal on 04/16/20 at 10:46 am

I'm looking forward to the chance of my flowers not being burnt to death when our 100 degree months hit us.

Written By: karen on 04/16/20 at 11:00 am

Morris dance practice again last night via Zoom.  An ex-member was able to join us on-line for a catch up and a little bit of dancing. Next week is Saint Georges Day (patron saint of England) a day when many sides would usually have been out dancing. We are planning to video ourselves dancing solo and then merging it into one video for our group website.

Today I went to the supermarket. I managed to fairly successfully juggle three shopping lists on my own. James's only requirement was that I buy some meat

Written By: Sman12 on 04/16/20 at 11:06 am

I actually want a restart of this year. So many lives have been ruined in only a span of 4 months. But I know reality doesn't work that way, so we gotta work with what we got to defeat this hidden enemy.

Written By: nally on 04/16/20 at 12:30 pm

I know how you feel I feel I want this year to be over but I'm still hoping for some good news on the horizon.

I agree with this!

Written By: Howard on 04/16/20 at 4:17 pm

I actually want a restart of this year. So many lives have been ruined in only a span of 4 months. But I know reality doesn't work that way, so we gotta work with what we got to defeat this hidden enemy.

https://media.tenor.com/images/8c6609bdc878fc9e0b1baabf18d99a3f/tenor.gif
All you have to do is to flip the switch and the year will restart.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/20 at 4:19 pm

https://media.tenor.com/images/8c6609bdc878fc9e0b1baabf18d99a3f/tenor.gif
All you have to do is to flip the switch and the year will restart.
...now wash your hands, especially the fingers!

Written By: Howard on 04/16/20 at 4:23 pm

...now wash your hands, especially the fingers!

That's what I do.

Written By: annimal on 04/16/20 at 9:08 pm

I was talking about parodies to possibly video some day.  I know I'll want to do my magic ones.

maybe my breakaway wand with this one  http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/america70.shtml

and try pulling my rabbit out of my hat as well as wanting to change the card black with this one http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/rollingstones113.shtml

Written By: Ripley on 04/17/20 at 4:56 pm

My work finally got us some masks but not everyone is wearing them😏

Written By: Ripley on 04/18/20 at 1:36 pm

And starting Monday we have to wear them!

Written By: Howard on 04/18/20 at 3:42 pm

My work finally got us some masks but not everyone is wearing them😏

Stop N Shop has a sign they put up that if you're not wearing your mask you're not allowed to shop or whatever it had said.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQuVQQ0jbNcG89NxT4G9KcVi0ELyqnmowc5Ae1vSRyqj14YJcLa&usqp=CAU

Written By: Howard on 04/18/20 at 3:42 pm

And when going on public transportation too.

Written By: annimal on 04/18/20 at 3:49 pm

it's a little cold outside today.  One of my pansy are starting to get a little taller.  I saw a ladybug  which is very good because there will be more nasty little bugs for them to eat around here.

Written By: Sman12 on 04/19/20 at 12:03 pm

Stop N Shop has a sign they put up that if you're not wearing your mask you're not allowed to shop or whatever it had said.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQuVQQ0jbNcG89NxT4G9KcVi0ELyqnmowc5Ae1vSRyqj14YJcLa&usqp=CAU

It may be a harsh rule, but I agree with this.

Written By: nally on 04/19/20 at 1:27 pm

My work finally got us some masks but not everyone is wearing them

My household has some as well; we picked 'em up not too long ago. We will use 'em if we have to go out for whatever reason.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/20 at 12:04 am

I am all set for another day of self-isolation, but will have to go to a shop keeping my distance.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/20 at 4:28 am

It may be a harsh rule, but I agree with this.

It may look funny but you are in the same boat just as everyone else who sports wearing a facial mask.

Written By: nally on 04/20/20 at 5:42 pm

So, I have been working from home regularly for about a month now. Today it seemed a bit slow, with my remote connection, but I can only concentrate on doing my work. Today I had plenty of it to do; will finish it up first thing Wednesday (because I only work 3 days a week).

Written By: nally on 04/21/20 at 2:45 pm

No work for me today; so, this gave me a chance to do some serious much-needed housework this morning.

Written By: karen on 04/21/20 at 3:58 pm

I spent some time yesterday and today putting various old sheets, pillow cases and leftover material through a hot wash and drying them. I am making large drawstring bags for health workers to put their scrubs in at the end of the shift. They can then go straight in a washing machine without being handled again. I also plan to make some headbands that protect the forehead when wearing a full face mask and also have buttons on to hold the ear elastics of the face shield.

Today I was sorting out problems with my sewing machine. Changing needles, trying different thread, rethreading the top thread etc. Eventually got a decent stitch out of it. I’ve made two scrub bags now.

Written By: Sman12 on 04/22/20 at 10:35 am

It may look funny but you are in the same boat just as everyone else who sports wearing a facial mask.

Yeah, pretty much.

Written By: Ripley on 04/22/20 at 4:00 pm

Popping in to say hello 8)

Written By: nally on 04/22/20 at 4:49 pm

Hey there! I hope you are doing well. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/22/20 at 4:50 pm

maybe I'll pop in and say hi too

Written By: Howard on 04/23/20 at 7:56 am

Hi Ripley. :)

Written By: annimal on 04/23/20 at 7:14 pm

what about me?

Written By: karen on 04/24/20 at 11:07 am

Food shopping is just so annoying at the moment. It took me over two hours today. I went to one store and just didn’t even bother joining the queue. Neither of the other places had anti bacterial wipes that my dad wanted. People still do that thing of leaving their trolley on side of the aisle and wandering about the other side the aisle while decided what to pick up. If you keep your trolley with you there is actually room to pass. Otherwise we all have to go at the pace of the slowest. One big supermarket has set up a one way system but too many shoppers think it doesn’t apply to them.

I’ll be glad when things get back to normal. I think maybe I should either go really early so that I can be first in, or maybe last thing just before they shut

Written By: karen on 04/25/20 at 9:34 am

On the Saturday nearest to Saint George’s day (April 23) I am often out Morris dancing somewhere. This year, because of the lockdown it was proposed to have a lone Morris festival instead. People have been putting on their kit and dancing in their gardens, or perhaps out in the street to entertain the neighbours and then putting the video on Facebook.

I recruited my son James to help, both with the video editing and the actual dance. He was too shy to dance in the street so we danced on the lawn at the back and one of the neighbours watched over the fence.

Written By: Sman12 on 04/25/20 at 11:22 am

Food shopping is just so annoying at the moment. It took me over two hours today. I went to one store and just didn’t even bother joining the queue. Neither of the other places had anti bacterial wipes that my dad wanted. People still do that thing of leaving their trolley on side of the aisle and wandering about the other side the aisle while decided what to pick up. If you keep your trolley with you there is actually room to pass. Otherwise we all have to go at the pace of the slowest. One big supermarket has set up a one way system but too many shoppers think it doesn’t apply to them.

I’ll be glad when things get back to normal. I think maybe I should either go really early so that I can be first in, or maybe last thing just before they shut

Same. I may be an introvert, but I still want everyone to go back to their normal lives.

Written By: nally on 04/25/20 at 11:45 am

Same. I may be an introvert, but I still want everyone to go back to their normal lives.

I think we all do, in one way or another. But it's gonna take time...

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/25/20 at 11:46 am

I am too, but I want the world to get operational again. There are introverted things I like to do that I can’t right now. Like travel up north to desolate places and go camping. Even though it’s still too cold to camp I like to explore. Go to resales and search for books and music and whatever I may find.

As far as shopping, the big stores are limited and have aisle directions and all. I rarely shop there anyway. I go to dollar general. I did that last night and stocked up for the next month or two. Only about 3 people in there including me which is normal, not due to occupancy restriction. No aisle restrictions. I get groceries cheaper there that the big stores most of the time. And it’s easy because it’s small.

Written By: karen on 04/25/20 at 12:08 pm

I do go to Aldi when shopping for myself and that has generally not been too bad. My dad generally doesn’t mind Aldi stuff as well, but I am also shopping for an elderly lady I don’t know really, apart from delivering a newspaper to her each day. She has wanted some branded stuff that Aldi just don’t sell, and some of it can’t be substituted

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/25/20 at 1:37 pm

I hope all are safe and sound!  It’s been a while and I think of this place often!  Remembering the hours of time and laughs I spent on here with you! Many time later you helped me by providing relief from a stressful situation!  Now all of the pandemic craziness, I think of those times and you often! 

I am in small county of less than 12,000 people but we have a higher Covid 19 rate than NYC.  So things are crazy tense here.  I have a senior who is missing out on soo many of her lasts...  jazz band, concert band, honor band,  scholarship dinners, national honor society service trip, golf, today was supposed to be prom, college orientation...  I know all are minute in the scheme of life, but all are lasting memories!  And 18 and 16 year olds do not want 100% quality time.  My anxiety is horrible again, and I need to find something to be able to release it.  All things closed.  Grocery shopping- I don’t need that much more food 🤣

Stay safe and wash your hands

Written By: Ripley on 04/25/20 at 5:01 pm

I hope everyone is having a decent weekend!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/20 at 5:03 pm

Thank you, just a usual weekend which the day seems just like any other day, when under stay at home in lockdown.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/20 at 7:51 am

I know the feeling but with food shopping customers are just not understanding lately with the 6ft rule when standing in line waiting to be checking out.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/20 at 7:53 am

I am too, but I want the world to get operational again. There are introverted things I like to do that I can’t right now. Like travel up north to desolate places and go camping. Even though it’s still too cold to camp I like to explore. Go to resales and search for books and music and whatever I may find.

As far as shopping, the big stores are limited and have aisle directions and all. I rarely shop there anyway. I go to dollar general. I did that last night and stocked up for the next month or two. Only about 3 people in there including me which is normal, not due to occupancy restriction. No aisle restrictions. I get groceries cheaper there that the big stores most of the time. And it’s easy because it’s small.

I would like to get a haircut but unfortunately I have to wait till he re-opens for business.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/20 at 7:54 am

Hi Ripley! :)

Written By: nally on 04/26/20 at 9:51 pm

Well...today I finally ventured out of the house (as in, traveled somewhere) for the first time all month. This morning I went with my parents to our church, which is closed to patrons for services, but each Sunday morning there is one service starting at 8:00am Pacific time, which is livestreamed to Facebook (and hours later, put on Youtube). My parents are in charge of doing the music (my mom sings, and my dad plays the electric piano), and there are priests who do the other duties of the service. So this morning I came with them to the church so I could attend the service in-person.

And when it was over, we came directly home.

Written By: Sman12 on 04/27/20 at 11:53 am

I hope all are safe and sound!  It’s been a while and I think of this place often!  Remembering the hours of time and laughs I spent on here with you! Many time later you helped me by providing relief from a stressful situation!  Now all of the pandemic craziness, I think of those times and you often! 

I am in small county of less than 12,000 people but we have a higher Covid 19 rate than NYC.  So things are crazy tense here.  I have a senior who is missing out on soo many of her lasts...  jazz band, concert band, honor band,  scholarship dinners, national honor society service trip, golf, today was supposed to be prom, college orientation...  I know all are minute in the scheme of life, but all are lasting memories!  And 18 and 16 year olds do not want 100% quality time.  My anxiety is horrible again, and I need to find something to be able to release it.  All things closed.  Grocery shopping- I don’t need that much more food 🤣

Stay safe and wash your hands

Thanks for the message and welcome back!  :)

Written By: karen on 04/27/20 at 1:48 pm

On the Saturday nearest to Saint George’s day (April 23) I am often out Morris dancing somewhere. This year, because of the lockdown it was proposed to have a lone Morris festival instead. People have been putting on their kit and dancing in their gardens, or perhaps out in the street to entertain the neighbours and then putting the video on Facebook.

I recruited my son James to help, both with the video editing and the actual dance. He was too shy to dance in the street so we danced on the lawn at the back and one of the neighbours watched over the fence.

This is a compilation video of the various members of my Morris side

https://youtu.be/TuvOBck-1OY

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/20 at 2:02 pm

O0

A true insight into a British tradition, you (Karen) do not have to answer this question (due to the Data Protection Act), which one was you?

Btw, it was me that gave the first O0 on the YouTube webpage, when I saw it was on 8 views.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/20 at 2:05 pm

James is only a little boy of 8. Who was that man you were dancing with?

Cat

Written By: karen on 04/27/20 at 2:26 pm

James is only a little boy of 8. Who was that man you were dancing with?

Cat

I hate to break it to you, but he turned 18 earlier this year  :o

Written By: karen on 04/27/20 at 2:27 pm

O0

A true insight into a British tradition, you (Karen) do not have to answer this question (due to the Data Protection Act), which one was you?

Btw, it was me that gave the first O0 on the YouTube webpage, when I saw it was on 8 views.

I think Cat’s comment answers your question

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/20 at 2:28 pm

I think Cat’s comment answers your question
Thank you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/20 at 2:48 pm

I hate to break it to you, but he turned 18 earlier this year  :o

No, he couldn't have. He is only 8.  ;) :D ;D

I do the same thing with one of my best friends. Her two boys are in college now and I ALWAYS insist that they are still 5 & 7-my friend always laughs at that. Of course her boys (who are not boys anymore) do not.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: annimal on 04/27/20 at 3:50 pm

where was I? 

Written By: Ripley on 04/29/20 at 2:43 pm

A longtime local radio dj. Don Hall, just passed away and I’m really sad about it. He is and will always be a legend. This guy was under the influence and caused Don to lose his life. I grew up listening to him. 😢 You can read the news if you want. I’ll post a link but I didn’t put this in celebrity heaven cause he’s local to me.
https://www.kwch.com/content/news/One-killed-in-E-Wichita-crash-570035641.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/20 at 2:48 pm

A longtime local radio dj. Don Hall, just passed away and I’m really sad about it. He is and will always be a legend. This guy was under the influence and caused Don to lose his life. I grew up listening to him. 😢 You can read the news if you want. I’ll post a link but I didn’t put this in celebrity heaven cause he’s local to me.
https://www.kwch.com/content/news/One-killed-in-E-Wichita-crash-570035641.html
So sad

I have gone through lief getting 'attached' to radio and television personalities, some of my favourites I did have the honour to met and have a conservation with, and when sadly a favourite of your own passes on you are sadden more.

Written By: Ripley on 04/29/20 at 4:00 pm

So sad

I have gone through lief getting 'attached' to radio and television personalities, some of my favourites I did have the honour to met and have a conservation with, and when sadly a favourite of your own passes on you are sadden more.

They’re a big part of our lives! Late last year they fired a few long time djs and a news anchor who is a fan favorite. She comes off as a really sweet person too.

Written By: nally on 04/30/20 at 5:10 pm

So, I have completed one calendar month of working solely from home. And today was quite a busy day.

My boss sent the rest of us a message indicating that we might return to the office sometime in May, and if we do, we have to bring along our special masks.

Check for new replies or respond here...