inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Avatar Contests?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/02/20 at 3:11 pm

I'm sure many remember when we used to have avatar contests. Is this something that people would like to do again? I think we would need at least 5 people willing to do it to make it worth doing. We could start with an Easter/Passover one in the next week or so.

So, who is onboard?

Cat

Subject: Re: Avatar Contests?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/20 at 3:27 pm

I would love to be onboard, but I do know where I will be over Easter, I know that we all must stay at home, but I could be stay at my second home with my son, so at the moment I will have to decline.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/02/20 at 3:40 pm

I would love to be onboard, but I do know where I will be over Easter, I know that we all must stay at home, but I could be stay at my second home with my son, so at the moment I will have to decline.

It probably won't be ON Easter because (I'm assuming) most will be with families. I'm think of an Easter/Passover THEME!

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/20 at 3:42 pm

It probably won't be ON Easter because (I'm assuming) most will be with families. I'm think of an Easter/Passover THEME!

Cat
Please keep me, and others updated.

Written By: karen on 04/02/20 at 3:45 pm

Wondering where my original Easter themed picture was saved...

Written By: Howard on 04/03/20 at 8:15 am

I'm sure many remember when we used to have avatar contests. Is this something that people would like to do again? I think we would need at least 5 people willing to do it to make it worth doing. We could start with an Easter/Passover one in the next week or so.

So, who is onboard?

Cat

How does this contest work?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/03/20 at 1:18 pm

How does this contest work?

Everyone who wants to do it picks an avatar based on the theme. Then we have the voting and whoever gets the most votes wins. And there is a metal which are those little icons under people's avatars who have won in the past. The Easter one is an egg.

Here is the Christmas one from 2008: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=35077.30

You can see that we had 30 people participate. That would be nice to get that many now but I doubt that will happen.

The fact that few people have responded to this thread tells me that not too many people are interested. Though it could be because not a lot of people come to the PPP too much any more.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: karen on 04/03/20 at 2:17 pm

The fact that few people have responded to this thread tells me that not too many people are interested. Though it could be because not a lot of people come to the PPP too much any more.  :-\\

Cat

Post in the 2020 section as well. Invite them to join us here

Written By: Sman12 on 04/03/20 at 4:07 pm

I'm down with it. Sounds fun.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/20 at 4:12 pm

I guess people aren't interested.  :\'( :\'( :\'( 

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/05/20 at 1:54 pm

I guess people aren't interested.  :\'( :\'( :\'( 

Cat

Who says so?  I'm in

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/20 at 2:20 pm

From the other "Avatar Contests" thread...

That is the sorry feeling I have these days, no one is true up for competition, and it looks like I will most likely be stuck at home for Easter now, so please (if by chance the contest goes on) include me in.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/05/20 at 2:48 pm

I'm in! Sounds fun.

Check for new replies or respond here...