inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Something nice about inthe00s...

Written By: violet_shy on 04/02/20 at 4:33 pm

I was thinking about this site, and I have met various nice, interesting people on here. Just want to say I enjoy reading all of the topics and replies. I think you all are super charming online! Would love for there to be a meet and greet in person someday. I would probably set up a nice picnic for all of you!  :)

Subject: Re: Something nice about inthe00s...

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/02/20 at 4:54 pm

It's one of the few places online where people seem to respect each other, so there's that.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/02/20 at 7:00 pm

It's one of the few places online where people seem to respect each other, so there's that.

I like everyone here...and I'm sure they like me in return.  :)

Written By: annimal on 04/02/20 at 7:03 pm

a picnic sounds yummy

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/02/20 at 8:10 pm

When times get back to normal that sounds like a really nice idea.  I like a lot of the people on here too.  I wonder where we would have it. Considering we have people from all over.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/02/20 at 10:27 pm

When times get back to normal that sounds like a really nice idea.  I like a lot of the people on here too.  I wonder where we would have it. Considering we have people from all over.

Oh yes, I forgot about there being people from all over the world.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/20 at 1:45 am

Yes indeed, and gives a different prospect on views around the world , and the online friendship that is built up with it.

One nice thing for me is that the boards at like a diary, recalling certain events for self, social or worldwide.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/20 at 8:10 am

I was thinking about this site, and I have met various nice, interesting people on here. Just want to say I enjoy reading all of the topics and replies. I think you all are super charming online! Would love for there to be a meet and greet in person someday. I would probably set up a nice picnic for all of you!  :)

That would be fine and all, let's just wait till this pandemic has blown over and we'll see what happens.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/20 at 8:11 am

I live in New York.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/03/20 at 8:51 am

And beyond, as annimal is from Mars.  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/03/20 at 9:20 am

12 or 13 years ago we had a meet-up in Philadelphia.  I think there are photos still posted

Written By: karen on 04/03/20 at 11:26 am

12 or 13 years ago we had a meet-up in Philadelphia.  I think there are photos still posted

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=35688.45

It was in 2009.

There have been a few other mini meets over the years.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/20 at 2:19 pm

There's probably a way that a meet-up can be compromised but the problem is that everyone on here lives in different locations.

Written By: karen on 04/03/20 at 2:35 pm

There's probably a way that a meet-up can be compromised but the problem is that everyone on here lives in different locations.

Doesn’t mean there can’t be various ones that some people might make the effort to get to.

For example quite a few people live near New York City so if there was a meet up suggested for there you’d probably get a reasonable number of people. And if it was announced sufficiently early some people might make the effort to fly there for a short holiday and join in. That’s what happened with the Philly meet.

I keep toying with doing one in the UK, maybe in London, and hopefully some members in mainland Europe might join us.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/20 at 3:44 pm

Doesn’t mean there can’t be various ones that some people might make the effort to get to.

For example quite a few people live near New York City so if there was a meet up suggested for there you’d probably get a reasonable number of people. And if it was announced sufficiently early some people might make the effort to fly there for a short holiday and join in. That’s what happened with the Philly meet.

I keep toying with doing one in the UK, maybe in London, and hopefully some members in mainland Europe might join us.
...at the moment all is sadly put on hold.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/03/20 at 3:53 pm

Since the big meet-up in Philly in 2009, Carlos & I have met-up with Karen a couple of times & Max a couple of times.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/07/20 at 5:10 pm

I like everyone here...and I'm sure they like me in return.  :)

Yes we do!  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/08/20 at 7:50 am

I have been here for nearly 20 years, I've had the time of my life on here.  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/10/20 at 9:29 am

It's the only S0c-Mid site I go to

Check for new replies or respond here...