inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hi.

Written By: Bobby on 04/19/20 at 12:05 pm

I am very glad to see this place still gets some love. 😊

Some of you may know me but I started on here about 15 years ago. It was quite a time.

I thought I would let you know that I plan on moving from the UK to the US to be with my fiance in Arizona. The paperwork has been sent forward and, once the virus decides to clear off, I should be on my way to get married.

I hope you are all keeping well.

Subject: Re: Hi.

Written By: nally on 04/19/20 at 12:27 pm

Long time no see my friend. (Although I think you're still on FB as well.)

Congratulations on your engagement! I hope you and your wife-to-be will be happy together out in Arizona. (On a related note, a dear friend of mine and her fiance are scheduled to get married this September (they got engaged last summer and decided on their wedding date more than a year in advance); hopefully the virus thingy will clear off enough by then.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/20 at 12:56 pm

Welcome back Bobby!  :)

Congrats on your engagement. I hope all goes well for you, especially with this situation of the world.

Just to refresh my memory, you are or were based in SW of England?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/19/20 at 1:11 pm

Welcome back, Bobby. And congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 04/19/20 at 2:43 pm

Long time no see my friend. (Although I think you're still on FB as well.)

Congratulations on your engagement! I hope you and your wife-to-be will be happy together out in Arizona. (On a related note, a dear friend of mine and her fiance are scheduled to get married this September (they got engaged last summer and decided on their wedding date more than a year in advance); hopefully the virus thingy will clear off enough by then.)

Hiya Jeff.

Indeed it is. Yes, I am on Facebook.

Thank you very much. We are still in the preliminary stages but the ball is rolling now so it's just waiting to see what happens next.

Ah! Congratulations on your friend's wedding. Are you going to the wedding?

Written By: Bobby on 04/19/20 at 2:46 pm

Welcome back Bobby!  :)

Congrats on your engagement. I hope all goes well for you, especially with this situation of the world.

Just to refresh my memory, you are or were based in SW of England?

Thank you kindly Phil.

Yeah. Still living in Plymouth in the meantime.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/20 at 2:49 pm

Thank you kindly Phil.

Yeah. Still living in Plymouth in the meantime.
O0

Good to hear from you again.

Written By: Bobby on 04/19/20 at 2:52 pm

Welcome back, Bobby. And congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Thank you very much Cat. I was thinking about you yesterday and it was one of the reasons I made an appearance.

After researching the Jehovah's Witnesses for 2 years, I left them in 2016 and have no intention of going back.

Written By: Bobby on 04/19/20 at 2:53 pm

O0

Good to hear from you again.

That is very kind of you. Are your feet feeling better, Phil? I vaguely remember you having issues with them back in the day.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/20 at 2:56 pm

That is very kind of you. Are your feet feeling better, Phil? I vaguely remember you having issues with them back in the day.
Simply putting, I had various health issues, with more added over the years, especially now I fall into the risk category.

Written By: nally on 04/19/20 at 3:24 pm

Hiya Jeff.

Indeed it is. Yes, I am on Facebook.

Thought so.

Thank you very much. We are still in the preliminary stages but the ball is rolling now so it's just waiting to see what happens next.

Ah! Congratulations on your friend's wedding. Are you going to the wedding?

Yes, I plan on going. She even told me that I'd be invited, and I happily accepted. :) She and I attend the same church, by the way.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/19/20 at 4:31 pm

Thank you very much Cat. I was thinking about you yesterday and it was one of the reasons I made an appearance.

After researching the Jehovah's Witnesses for 2 years, I left them in 2016 and have no intention of going back.

I am sure you made the right decision.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/20 at 2:16 am

Some of you may know me but I started on here about 15 years ago. It was quite a time.

I thought I would let you know that I plan on moving from the UK to the US to be with my fiance in Arizona. The paperwork has been sent forward and, once the virus decides to clear off, I should be on my way to get married.

Just reported on the radio, no URL link as yet, that weddings in the USA can be done on video conferencing with a proper official presiding.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/20 at 4:26 am

Welcome back Bob, How are you doing? :)

Written By: Bobby on 04/20/20 at 4:45 am

I am sure you made the right decision.

I am sure of it now I researched the religion. It took a lot of long nights going through videos and articles about the JWs but the final straw was from their own material in the end, lol.

Written By: Bobby on 04/20/20 at 4:52 am

Just reported on the radio, no URL link as yet, that weddings in the USA can be done on video conferencing with a proper official presiding.

Really? 😄

So romantic...

Written By: Bobby on 04/20/20 at 4:53 am

Welcome back Bob, How are you doing? :)

Hiya Howard. I'm sorry it's been a while...

What's new is Jammin' Oldies Land?

Written By: Bobby on 04/20/20 at 4:55 am

Simply putting, I had various health issues, with more added over the years, especially now I fall into the risk category.

I am very sorry to hear that Phil. What do you mean by "risk category"?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/20 at 4:59 am

I am very sorry to hear that Phil. What do you mean by "risk category"?
I have developed a medical condition were is recommend for to stay at home.

Also, my son has got married, and I now have a granddaughter, of which I am missing at the moment.

New York couples can now tie the knot over Zoom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52346437

Written By: Bobby on 04/20/20 at 5:10 am

I have developed a medical condition were is recommend for to stay at home.

Also, my son has got married, and I now have a granddaughter, of which I am missing at the moment.
New York couples can now tie the knot over Zoom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52346437

Eugh! That's not good. I am sorry to hear about your health situation though I am happy you have a granddaughter.  😊

Ah! I see. I think that is for people from the USA. I guess I will have to be at my wedding physically though I would be surprised if coronavirus lockdown is still a factor by next year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/20 at 5:12 am

Ah! I see. I think that is for people from the USA. I guess I will have to be at my wedding physically though I would be surprised if coronavirus lockdown is still a factor by next year.

There could always be an online wedding, and when the world is free of the virus, an actual registrar or church wedding could be arrange as a blessing for the happy couple?

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/20/20 at 8:23 am

Hey Bobby, welcome back.  Congrats on your upcoming nuptials

Written By: Bobby on 04/21/20 at 1:12 am

There could always be an online wedding, and when the world is free of the virus, an actual registrar or church wedding could be arrange as a blessing for the happy couple?

I guess anything is possible in this day and age, Phil. I'm trying to think of other ways to get married...via retina image and electronic thumb print perhaps? Lol.

Written By: Bobby on 04/21/20 at 1:15 am

Hey Bobby, welcome back.  Congrats on your upcoming nuptials

Thank you very much Carlos. That is very kind of you. I hope you are keeping well. 😊

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/20 at 1:20 am

I guess anything is possible in this day and age, Phil. I'm trying to think of other ways to get married...via retina image and electronic thumb print perhaps? Lol.
Those methods you mention are new for me for marriage, passports yes?

Written By: Howard on 04/21/20 at 8:02 am

Hiya Howard. I'm sorry it's been a while...

What's new is Jammin' Oldies Land?

I'm doing good, I have a Spotify music account now with close to 1,300 songs of jammin oldies.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/20 at 8:03 am

Eugh! That's not good. I am sorry to hear about your health situation though I am happy you have a granddaughter.  😊

I hope it isn't by 2021.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/21/20 at 9:01 am

Thank you very much Carlos. That is very kind of you. I hope you are keeping well. 😊

Yup, Cat and I are doing fine, even during this madness

Written By: Sman12 on 04/21/20 at 10:36 am

Good luck to you, man, and congratulations.  :)

Written By: nally on 04/21/20 at 1:55 pm

I hope it isn't by 2021.

I agree. I hope that the lockdown can end sometime before then. We just gotta do our part. The more we do our part, the sooner the worst of it will be over with (I hope).

Written By: Henk on 04/22/20 at 12:35 am

Hiya Bobby  :)

Good to see you back at the 00ze. 8) Still lots of familiar faces around here, even after all these years!
I hope the wedding goes as planned... Let's stay positive (or negative, corona-wise)!

And FTR: I am doing well.

Written By: Ripley on 04/22/20 at 4:09 pm

I’m sure we’ve posted at the same time on here cause I recognize your name. But anyway, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Subject: Hi.

Written By: Dude111 on 04/23/20 at 1:02 am

Nice to see ya Bobby :)

Check for new replies or respond here...