inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MAY we ask how you're spending this month?

Written By: nally on 05/01/20 at 12:03 am

Welcome to the month of May 2020 everyone...

So here is your new monthly thread.

White rabbits! (as I always say)

Subject: Re: MAY we ask how you're spending this month?

Written By: karen on 05/01/20 at 1:03 am

So amongst Morris dancing circles there is a tradition of dancing up the sun on the first day of May. Not a thing that our side has ever done - we prefer to make sure it sets in mid-winter.

One or two dancers were talking about filming themselves dancing either somewhere remote or perhaps without bells if doing it in a back garden. I didn’t intend to get up and do this but I was awake so I did a little dance in my back garden.

Written By: annimal on 05/01/20 at 11:19 am

I am not happy that everywhere I go I'm going to have to cover my mouth and nose.  I'll probably end up fainting from not having air circulation.

Written By: karen on 05/01/20 at 1:10 pm

I am not happy that everywhere I go I'm going to have to cover my mouth and nose.  I'll probably end up fainting from not having air circulation.

Medical staff wear masks for hours at a time, I expect you can manage for an hour or so without any ill effects

Written By: annimal on 05/01/20 at 1:28 pm

I wont be going anywhere if I cant.  Construction is going on close to our neighborhood and stuff like tar is being blown around.  Probably be in for awhile because of that .

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/01/20 at 1:44 pm

Medical staff wear masks for hours at a time, I expect you can manage for an hour or so without any ill effects

I don’t mind the mask itself, it’s because I’ve found my ears don’t retain the straps well. I’ll have to look at hooking it around my neck but I have issues with things on my neck triggering a gag reflex. I’ll figure something out. #1 solution don’t go anywhere besides home and work.

Written By: karen on 05/01/20 at 1:50 pm

I don’t mind the mask itself, it’s because I’ve found my ears don’t retain the straps well. I’ll have to look at hooking it around my neck but I have issues with things on my neck triggering a gag reflex. I’ll figure something out. #1 solution don’t go anywhere besides home and work.

You could try a paper clip or even a piece of string to hold the ear loops together at the back of your head.

I have been sewing a headband with large buttons on either side to put the ear loops over. These go to local hospitals for staff to use.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/01/20 at 2:50 pm

You could try a paper clip or even a piece of string to hold the ear loops together at the back of your head.

I have been sewing a headband with large buttons on either side to put the ear loops over. These go to local hospitals for staff to use.

When I was making my own masks before I managed to get my hands on a few that are more professionally made, the paper clip technique worked well for me. It won't win any fashion shows, but it does the trick.

Written By: karen on 05/01/20 at 2:54 pm

When I was making my own masks before I managed to get my hands on a few that are more professionally made, the paper clip technique worked well for me. It won't win any fashion shows, but it does the trick.

I think maybe it was on a video you posted that mentioned using a paper clip

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/01/20 at 3:53 pm

I think maybe it was on a video you posted that mentioned using a paper clip

Yes, I reposted that video that was originally put here by Cat.

Written By: Wink-182 on 05/01/20 at 4:16 pm

Inside like the last couple of months, I might try testing the waters next month to start going out again regularly, see if it's died down enough.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/20 at 4:31 pm

I'm looking forward to when this NY Pause is over so I can finally get my haircut.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/20 at 4:32 pm

I have to wear them too.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/20 at 4:33 pm

I have to wear them on public transportation.

Written By: annimal on 05/01/20 at 4:45 pm

I've got my implant on my ear so I don't have room to hold up anything that needs to be held on my ears.

Written By: karen on 05/02/20 at 3:33 am

I've got my implant on my ear so I don't have room to hold up anything that needs to be held on my ears.

Perhaps try a bandana or thin scarf that can tie at the back of your head

Written By: Sman12 on 05/02/20 at 12:28 pm

I'm just waiting to go to my next college (which is a community college).

Written By: annimal on 05/02/20 at 3:40 pm

Perhaps try a bandana or thin scarf that can tie at the back of your head

Mom wants me to start looking for something now and a bandanna might be it

Written By: karen on 05/02/20 at 3:53 pm

Mom wants me to start looking for something now and a bandanna might be it

I know you do various craft things. Can you sew? Here is a link to the mask pattern American Girl posted that uses a long lace to run across the back of the head and then ties at your nape.

https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern

Even if you can’t make it, it might give you an idea for adapting something to work for you.

Written By: nally on 05/02/20 at 4:28 pm

I have to wear them too.

I received, in the mail today, a cloth mask from the company that I work for. My boss had messaged us earlier in the week, indicating that we would each receive one, and wear it into the office once we all actually go back (i.e., congregate).

Written By: annimal on 05/02/20 at 6:34 pm

I know you do various craft things. Can you sew? Here is a link to the mask pattern American Girl posted that uses a long lace to run across the back of the head and then ties at your nape.

https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern

Even if you can’t make it, it might give you an idea for adapting something to work for you.

Mod had me try one of those medical mask things and they're pulling back on my ear.  I'd need to do a bandana or a gaiter, but I think that if I have a gaiter I'll go shorter on breath faster.  If I have to keep taking my implant off to  take it off then that would be a pain.

Written By: Ripley on 05/03/20 at 12:44 pm

A lot of people on my fb complain about having to wear masks (not cause of health issues making it hard to wear one). They just don’t want to wear it. I see so many people still not wearing it. Oh, and on our local news they showed the people who had their little signs up. Some saying about our governor, “She’s not my mama or my doctor.” These dummies are just asking to get sick. 🙄 I get it, the economy is bad but people are still getting sick and dying! Also, people complaining about their pick up restaurant orders being messed up or late. They don’t appreciate those workers. They’re short staffed and have less product for crying out loud! What is happening is making people turn into monsters.

Rant over! I could go on but I don’t want to lmao.

All that I have going on this month is working and trying to survive this crazy world. 😁

Written By: Howard on 05/04/20 at 4:31 am

A lot of people on my fb complain about having to wear masks (not cause of health issues making it hard to wear one). They just don’t want to wear it. I see so many people still not wearing it. Oh, and on our local news they showed the people who had their little signs up. Some saying about our governor, “She’s not my mama or my doctor.” These dummies are just asking to get sick. 🙄 I get it, the economy is bad but people are still getting sick and dying! Also, people complaining about their pick up restaurant orders being messed up or late. They don’t appreciate those workers. They’re short staffed and have less product for crying out loud! What is happening is making people turn into monsters.

Rant over! I could go on but I don’t want to lmao.

All that I have going on this month is working and trying to survive this crazy world. 😁

I don't like wearing one anymore, I can't breathe with these masks on but unfortunately you have to wear one.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/04/20 at 9:31 am

I don't like wearing one anymore, I can't breathe with these masks on but unfortunately you have to wear one.

What’s going to be tough is when we get the 90f days with high humidity. Hard to breathe as it is, let alone with a mask. Usually around July 4 those days come. 2 months away. Before we know it we are going to wonder where this year has gone.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/04/20 at 1:26 pm

What’s going to be tough is when we get the 90f days with high humidity. Hard to breathe as it is, let alone with a mask. Usually around July 4 those days come. 2 months away. Before we know it we are going to wonder where this year has gone.

Yikes. I don't even wanna imagine the scenes that will take place in beaches this summer. They'll probably be multiple ground zeroes for the virus if people aren't careful with social distancing.

Written By: annimal on 05/04/20 at 1:28 pm

I want something I can totally take off when I need to.  We have three months of 100 degrees in Modesto.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/04/20 at 2:33 pm

Helping my mom with her laundry today. I am also focusing on my studies. Long day, but I'm grateful. Earlier today, I went shopping for my mom's Mother's Day gifts. I got her a lemoncello scented candle and decorative, elaborate writing pens. I also bought some blank cards lot that I can write on and to give to her.  :)

Written By: annimal on 05/04/20 at 8:54 pm

this is much more challenging tryingto use the force and then bring your hand down real fast to try to catch the ball.

Written By: annimal on 05/04/20 at 8:58 pm

mabye I can let he ball drop and force myself to lift the other ball.  I don't know, this is new to me

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/20 at 12:34 am

Friday, woke up groggy and iffy, so spent the day resting, but worry, it is not that, The weekend was spent with my family which made a change, and Monday just felt I needed a rest from being online. Still taking it easy.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/20 at 7:52 am

You got the heat and combined with the humidity it's going to be tough to be outside wearing those masks in the summertime, imagine sweat dripping off your face and onto your masks too and for me I sweat profusely like a waterfall.

Written By: karen on 05/05/20 at 10:19 am

You got the heat and combined with the humidity it's going to be tough to be outside wearing those masks in the summertime, imagine sweat dripping off your face and onto your masks too and for me I sweat profusely like a waterfall.

Get a sweatband for your forehead like John McEnroe used to wear

Written By: annimal on 05/05/20 at 10:34 am

congress shall make a law as to how much air we can breathe

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/20 at 10:48 am

You can't be serious, but it will work.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/20 at 2:39 pm

I'll do that, I keep forgetting to wear one.

Written By: nally on 05/06/20 at 11:49 pm

Yikes. I don't even wanna imagine the scenes that will take place in beaches this summer. They'll probably be multiple ground zeroes for the virus if people aren't careful with social distancing.

Kinda like that in some beaches in southern California. If some of them have to be open, why not let a limited number of people on, so that people can socially distance , like they're supposed to. Most counties are doing the right thing by not allowing anyone on them at all.

I want something I can totally take off when I need to.  We have three months of 100 degrees in Modesto.

It's already above the century mark in other inland areas of California, such as Palm Springs. Thankfully I'm far enough away from there. :P

Written By: annimal on 05/07/20 at 10:27 am

we're having some days that say 90.  June is our first 100 month.  September only colls down to 90. 

Written By: violet_shy on 05/07/20 at 12:47 pm

Just found that, Disney's goofy is actually a cow and not a dog...hahaha  ;D ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/20 at 1:00 pm

When you bear in mind that his love interest is Clarabelle Cow.

Written By: nally on 05/07/20 at 1:41 pm

I thought he was an anthropomorphic dog for the longest time!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/20 at 1:44 pm

I thought he was an anthropomorphic dog for the longest time!
Pluto has always been the dog for Mickey Mouse, and in the opening scene of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" a fire hydrant can be seen next Pluto's kennel.

Written By: nally on 05/07/20 at 1:47 pm

Pluto has always been the dog for Mickey Mouse.

Yes, he's definitely a dog, in terms of appearance, behaviour, and personality. And he doesn't actually talk (that is, speak English like the other characters do).

Written By: Howard on 05/07/20 at 2:45 pm

How did you figure that out? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/20 at 2:47 pm

I took barkalaureate!

Written By: Ripley on 05/07/20 at 3:19 pm

Yeah I’m not looking forward to those days, we hardly get spring anymore.  :-\\

Written By: Ripley on 05/07/20 at 3:23 pm

It’s poring rain and I love it!😁

Written By: violet_shy on 05/07/20 at 3:27 pm

I looked it up. It confused me for the longest time lol.

Written By: annimal on 05/07/20 at 8:12 pm

just taking cuttings of some of my plants and putting them where I think they might grow better.  None of my plants are frying so I don't want to dig them up or anything.  Cuttings are a good way to try to get more of the plants I like best

Written By: Sman12 on 05/08/20 at 12:56 pm

I hope I'll get another job before I go to college in order to get more experience and money.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/20 at 7:04 am

Had a wonderful day with my family, even went out for a short walk around a park, fresh air and exercise. Watched a movie, and television, now back to normal.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/10/20 at 7:14 am

Once again, snow for mother’s day. Cleaned out the pellet stove last night preparing for another week of burning. Laundry yesterday. Went to sleep listening to the NASA channel.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/10/20 at 6:04 pm

I had a wonderful day with my mom, my siblings and my nephews. Gave my mom her Mother's day gifts, and ordered take out. It was a great day...oh and the weather was fairly nice! Can't ask for more. Hope everyone had a great day!

Written By: nally on 05/10/20 at 6:27 pm

I had a wonderful day with my mom, my siblings and my nephews. Gave my mom her Mother's day gifts, and ordered take out. It was a great day...oh and the weather was fairly nice! Can't ask for more. Hope everyone had a great day!

Glad to hear that!

We got take-out food as well (namely, an Italian feast); that is, my dad & I placed an order yesterday, which he picked up at 1:30 today. He also ordered a gift, which was delivered via UPS a few days ago. As for greeting cards, I found a template in Microsoft Word to make one...and printed it out on nice paper.

Early this morning, however, my parents had to drive to the church to help do a livestreamed service (ever since the stay-at-home orders began, a weekly service is being done each Sunday morning at 8, livestreamed on Facebook and then uploaded to Youtube a few hours after that), and when it was over, they came home. Then my dad went back out again, as stated above, after 1pm to go get our takeout order.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/20 at 4:22 am

That's great to hear! O0

Written By: violet_shy on 05/11/20 at 3:22 pm

Focusing on my studies today. Also, I am making a nice dinner for myself and my mom. It is cloudy today.

Written By: nally on 05/11/20 at 5:01 pm

Focusing on my studies today. Also, I am making a nice dinner for myself and my mom. It is cloudy today.

Have a good time!

Written By: Sman12 on 05/11/20 at 5:32 pm

That's sweet. Hope you had a great Mother's day.  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 05/11/20 at 6:06 pm

That's sweet. Hope you had a great Mother's day.  :)

We did thankfully.  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/12/20 at 7:29 am

What are you planning on making?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/12/20 at 9:20 am

What are you planning on making?

I made some spare ribs with BBQ sauce, and scalloped potatoes.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/20 at 2:34 pm

That's nice, enjoy! O0

Written By: Sman12 on 05/12/20 at 3:12 pm

Sounds very delicious! I love ribs with BBQ.  :D

Written By: violet_shy on 05/12/20 at 6:31 pm

If we ever have a meet and greet, I will make you some!  :)

Written By: annimal on 05/13/20 at 9:42 pm

I potted a couple plants and am going to pot some more before it rains again

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/13/20 at 10:08 pm

Been too cold to do much. I walked to the back of my woods last weekend and my face was frozen by the time I got back. Someday I’d like to build a tiny cottage back there like I’ve seen in books. Been thinking about this for years. But then again since I’m alone my house IS the cottage.

Monday I will start working 8 hour days again instead of 6. Still semi split shift so I’ll be doing afternoons which I would rather do than get up early.

Mainly been watching odd stuff like NASA and DABL. Maybe DABL is why I started thinking about the cottage again.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/20 at 5:58 am

today is a usual Thursday for me, fixing and cooking.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/20 at 8:20 am

I like ribs when they're off the bone.

Written By: karen on 05/14/20 at 9:09 am

Morris practice via Zoom yesterday.

Also been sewing some masks.

I take newspapers to my dad and also to an elderly lady who is shielding in her flat. I do their shopping once a week as well. Plus random other things for people in my community - picked up someone's prescription meds today for example.

I've managed to buy some bedding plants. The first lot my dad had for his garden, but I bought some more yesterday. I haven't planted them out yet as they have given for overnight frosts again

Written By: annimal on 05/14/20 at 5:24 pm

not a dine

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/20 at 2:52 am

Today will be the same as yesterday, without the shopping trip.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/15/20 at 7:36 pm

I potted a couple plants and am going to pot some more before it rains again

We're expecting thunderstorms tonight and romorrow.

Written By: annimal on 05/15/20 at 9:32 pm

It looks like it will be raining for us a couple of nights and it looks like my plants have powdery mildew.  Seems like my plants are going to be off the ground at least until we stop getting so many rainy and overcast days

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/16/20 at 1:29 am

Today will be the same as yesterday, without the shopping trip.
The same applies for the today too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/17/20 at 2:04 am

Yesterday, I had a quick visit from my family,  they did not say long, and I could not be bother to switch the computer back on and had an early night.

Written By: nally on 05/17/20 at 3:00 pm

We're expecting thunderstorms tonight and romorrow.

It looks like it will be raining for us a couple of nights and it looks like my plants have powdery mildew.  Seems like my plants are going to be off the ground at least until we stop getting so many rainy and overcast days

There might be some rain in southern California this week too.

Interestingly enough, it was warm for a few days last week, so we were able to enjoy our pool some more (namely, Thursday and Saturday). We will likely not be using it this week.

Written By: annimal on 05/17/20 at 3:35 pm

our  rain is coming tonight and I'll see about tomorrow and any time later.  Think I'm going to be turning some dirt in a little bit of my garden, but most of the area gets a heavy shading  and it will be better to keep my plants in pots to keep the soil well drained and I can move the plants where they need to be as they get to hot or cold.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/17/20 at 3:52 pm

Spent the day at home, practicing my singing warming up my vocals. Did some house chores: vacuuming the carpet. Juat catching up on my singing.

Written By: annimal on 05/17/20 at 7:00 pm

looks like our rain has started

Written By: Sman12 on 05/18/20 at 6:43 pm

If we ever have a meet and greet, I will make you some!  :)

Cool, thanks! :D

Written By: nally on 05/18/20 at 10:46 pm

I received, in the mail today, a cloth mask from the company that I work for. My boss had messaged us earlier in the week, indicating that we would each receive one, and wear it into the office once we all actually go back (i.e., congregate).

Update... last week we all had a conference call on Friday, so that we could all check in to see how we're all doing. And there is still no word on when we can all actually go back into the office yet. My boss has gone in on a few occasions herself, but only once a week.

And today I had LOTS of work to do (from home, of course).

Written By: nally on 05/18/20 at 10:47 pm

looks like our rain has started

There's been some of it down here too. Including a period of it during the night.

Written By: annimal on 05/21/20 at 5:52 pm

100 degrees is coming.  I must get something tall or something to at least help get a shade row going

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/21/20 at 7:24 pm

80f is coming soon. Mosquitoes just arrived and got my first bites of the year last night. Thankfully it’s early. I got West Nile fever with probably a touch of meningitis last summer.

Fiber internet lines run past my house yesterday. So hopefully my area will be doing installs soon. I’m already signed up.

They are wanting people back in our office. Anybody working from home is now required to be in the office a minimum of 2 days a week. The company was never a fan of people working from home or non conventional hours. The shop is back to working full time together.

Written By: annimal on 05/21/20 at 9:46 pm

^ would you like me to try sending you some of the dragonflies around here to eat the mosquitoes?

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/21/20 at 11:26 pm

^ would you like me to try sending you some of the dragonflies around here to eat the mosquitoes?

I see dragonflies near the water. I believe wolf spiders eat mosquitoes and before long I’ll have a yard full of them. I have to spray the house, and lay down a wall of lawn granules in the garage, to keep them out.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/22/20 at 11:45 am

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday! I went shopping today for her gifts. My little one is going to be 36 tomorrow :\'(

I did get her some nice things and hopefully have a nice get together.  :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/22/20 at 1:59 pm

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday! I went shopping today for her gifts. My little one is going to be 36 tomorrow :\'(

Stores in your area are open for gift shopping?

Written By: Howard on 05/22/20 at 2:24 pm

And you're older than her?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/22/20 at 2:28 pm

Stores in your area are open for gift shopping?

Only some stores.

And you're older than her?

Yes, I'm 4 years older than my sister.

Written By: nally on 05/22/20 at 4:43 pm

Happy (early) birthday to her! :)

Written By: violet_shy on 05/22/20 at 7:32 pm

Happy (early) birthday to her! :)

Thanks Jeffrey  :)

Written By: nally on 05/22/20 at 11:56 pm

Hope she has a nice day...and celebrates all weekend, if possible. (Something I hope to do on my 40th this year...which happens to fall on a Sat. in July!) 8)

Anyways, I had another busy/productive day working from home...and am all done with my work until Wednesday. (I have a work holiday on Monday, but my next actual day of working will be Wednesday.)

Written By: Howard on 05/23/20 at 3:19 pm

Where do you plan on taking her?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/23/20 at 5:29 pm

Where do you plan on taking her?

So many places here are still closed. So we made my sister a nice dinner, gave her gifts, and spent the day together.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/25/20 at 4:22 am

Had a pleasant weekend with smiles and happiness.

...plus had my haircut!

Written By: nally on 05/25/20 at 11:03 am

...plus had my haircut!

Splendid! O0

Written By: nally on 05/25/20 at 11:04 am

Anyways, with today being Memorial Day, my family & I plan to do a barbecue, play some games, and go in the pool later. The weather is pleasant today, so that should be good for swimming.

Written By: annimal on 05/25/20 at 11:47 am

hot

Written By: violet_shy on 05/25/20 at 12:44 pm

Anyways, with today being Memorial Day, my family & I plan to do a barbecue, play some games, and go in the pool later. The weather is pleasant today, so that should be good for swimming.

That sounds like fun! Can I join you!? Lol.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/25/20 at 1:43 pm

First mow of the season. Mowed the small part around the house and garage which is probably an acre. Would do the big part but storm is rolling in.

Written By: nally on 05/25/20 at 3:04 pm

That sounds like fun! Can I join you!? Lol.

I'd like that very much...but... it might be hard to social distance in the pool. (Hey, we can use our imaginations.)

Hopefully you can actually join me someday! :)

Written By: violet_shy on 05/25/20 at 3:07 pm

I'd like that very much...but... it might be hard to social distance in the pool.

Hopefully you can actually join me someday! :)

Ah yes...true. Have fun for me!  ;D

Written By: nally on 05/25/20 at 3:11 pm

Ah yes...true. Have fun for me!  ;D

I certainly will! :)

I just spent the last couple hours playing various card games with my parents. Uno, rummy, solitaire... as well as a particular card game I learned how to play from some friends when I was a teen.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/25/20 at 3:56 pm

I certainly will! :)

I just spent the last couple hours playing various card games with my parents. Uno, rummy, solitaire... as well as a particular card game I learned how to play from some friends when I was a teen.

Nice! Did you  play "War"? I just remembered that one.

Written By: nally on 05/25/20 at 3:58 pm

Actually, I've never played that one. I'm not sure if myparents know how either.

But we enjoyed playing rummy because it was kinda fun how we were all vying for the same specific cards at times.

Written By: annimal on 05/25/20 at 4:34 pm

war?  what is it good for?  ;)

Written By: violet_shy on 05/25/20 at 4:43 pm

war?  what is it good for?  ;)

....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Written By: annimal on 05/25/20 at 6:05 pm

say it again now

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/25/20 at 8:00 pm

We always played something we called war but I think it was actually something else. 2 players each get half a deck face down. Take turns turning over a card from their pile and putting it face up in a pile in front of their first pile. If the card is an adjacent number to the others top card then keep playing your pile onto theirs as long as the top card plays. Eventually the whole deck will play and the player who runs out of cards wins.

The rain stopped so I mowed the big part of the yard which takes 3 hours.  Mow-morial day. Bad joke.

Written By: annimal on 05/25/20 at 9:06 pm

I'm sure I'll be spending the next three or four days in the house while it is 100 degrees

Written By: nally on 05/26/20 at 12:09 am

We always played something we called war but I think it was actually something else. 2 players each get half a deck face down. Take turns turning over a card from their pile and putting it face up in a pile in front of their first pile. If the card is an adjacent number to the others top card then keep playing your pile onto theirs as long as the top card plays. Eventually the whole deck will play and the player who runs out of cards wins.

Interesting...maybe I'll try it sometime.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/26/20 at 12:58 am

....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
That will be exactly I will be doing today.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/20 at 8:09 am

...plus had my haircut!

I'm still waiting for mine.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/20 at 8:10 am

That will be exactly I will be doing today.

Me too.

Written By: annimal on 05/26/20 at 12:26 pm

I don't have much planned today either

Written By: nally on 05/26/20 at 12:32 pm

I don't have much planned today either

I kinda don't, either... except for spending time in the pool this afternoon (after 3pm PDT) and cooking dinner later on.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/26/20 at 12:48 pm

I'm busy doing laundry today. :P

Written By: annimal on 05/26/20 at 1:58 pm

11:40  92 degrees  no shade in my garden.  I'll get some shade at 1:00  but it probably will have gotten 100 by then.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/20 at 2:12 pm

I'm busy doing laundry today. :P

I'm doing laundry tomorrow.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/27/20 at 1:20 pm

Slowly doing some redecorating in my bedroom. The old dresser(that I have had since 1998  :\'() is out with the trash. Sad to see it go. I've had that dresser since I was 18. But it's time to assemble the new one! It will take a lot of time but it's so worth it!

Written By: Ripley on 05/27/20 at 4:15 pm

Hey guys checking in! Hope all are doing okay!

Written By: annimal on 05/27/20 at 5:14 pm

my tummy feels better

Written By: nally on 05/27/20 at 5:15 pm

Glad to see ya! I'm doing fine and I hope you are too. :)

Written By: nally on 05/27/20 at 5:16 pm

Anyways it was back to work for me today (still working from home, of course), and I had a lot of things to take care of. But that's good, it keeps me busy, and it means I have a job!

Written By: Howard on 05/28/20 at 8:06 am

Hi Ripley. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/28/20 at 8:08 am

Slowly doing some redecorating in my bedroom. The old dresser(that I have had since 1998  :\'() is out with the trash. Sad to see it go. I've had that dresser since I was 18. But it's time to assemble the new one! It will take a lot of time but it's so worth it!

What I need is a new carpet, The carpet I have now in this bedroom was My Brother's old carpet when he was in this room since 1972 till 1989.

Written By: karen on 05/28/20 at 8:24 am

If you are following my life (and if not, why not?) you will recall that I have mentioned several times that our garage has been flooding in heavy rain. This is due to the storm drain in the road being blocked, so it overflows and the water runs down our drive straight into the garage.

I contacted the council repeatedly, getting passed through various departments.

Anyway long story, short(er) they started digging up the road out side the house on Tuesday, reseating the drain and other mysterious works (we can just see patches of new tarmac, but don't know what they worked on underneath). We live on a busy road junction so they have had to install temporary lights. I can just about wiggle the car out, but its harder getting the car back into the driveway, because of the turning angles

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/28/20 at 9:09 am

If you are following my life (and if not, why not?) you will recall that I have mentioned several times that our garage has been flooding in heavy rain. This is due to the storm drain in the road being blocked, so it overflows and the water runs down our drive straight into the garage.

I contacted the council repeatedly, getting passed through various departments.

Anyway long story, short(er) they started digging up the road out side the house on Tuesday, reseating the drain and other mysterious works (we can just see patches of new tarmac, but don't know what they worked on underneath). We live on a busy road junction so they have had to install temporary lights. I can just about wiggle the car out, but its harder getting the car back into the driveway, because of the turning angles
Hurrah!!!!!!

Damage to your garage would be covered by your insurers as an act of god?

Written By: karen on 05/28/20 at 11:07 am

Hurrah!!!!!!

Damage to your garage would be covered by your insurers as an act of god?

Nothing was really damaged. A few things got damp,  but once we realised what was happening nothing important was left on the floor.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/28/20 at 11:09 am

Nothing was really damaged. A few things got damp,  but once we realised what was happening nothing important was left on the floor.
O0

...and this summer seems to be predicted to be a drought.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/28/20 at 11:47 am

O0

...and this summer seems to be predicted to be a drought.

This year is a sunspot minimum. Last one was 2009 which was one of the coldest wettest summers on record. It took forever to get warm, then the first 2 weeks of June were warm. After that it was all over. We shall see if this year is similar. I hope not. But it did take forever to get warm and it’s almost the first week of June. And we have got a ton of rain once the snow stopped.

Written By: karen on 05/28/20 at 12:05 pm

This year is a sunspot minimum. Last one was 2009 which was one of the coldest wettest summers on record. It took forever to get warm, then the first 2 weeks of June were warm. After that it was all over. We shall see if this year is similar. I hope not. But it did take forever to get warm and it’s almost the first week of June. And we have got a ton of rain once the snow stopped.

In the U.K. we are already at risk of a drought in some areas. I forget exactly where but some places had about 7% of the average rainfall for the month of May according to the news earlier today. I can only think of two or three times that it has rained where I am since the beginning of March.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/28/20 at 12:24 pm

In the U.K. we are already at risk of a drought in some areas. I forget exactly where but some places had about 7% of the average rainfall for the month of May according to the news earlier today. I can only think of two or three times that it has rained where I am since the beginning of March.
There was one day with heavy rain, and with a huge unexpected thunderclap, but in general , it has been sun every day.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/28/20 at 5:53 pm

My new dresser is finally up it looks beautiful! Did some decorating and my bedroom is finished for now. I'm a happy lady! Woohoo

Written By: nally on 05/28/20 at 11:02 pm

My new dresser is finally up it looks beautiful! Did some decorating and my bedroom is finished for now. I'm a happy lady! Woohoo

Splendid! O0

I bet it looks nice..

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/20 at 5:39 am

It has gone on record that this May is the hottest May on record.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/20 at 2:30 pm

The UK has experienced its sunniest spring since records began in 1929, the Met Office has said.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/29/20 at 5:27 pm

The UK has experienced its sunniest spring since records began in 1929, the Met Office has said.

Wow. I keep up with a pellet stove forum and many including me said they went through more pellets than expected this year because the cold just dragged on forever. Some as far south as Pennsylvania. The winter was not severe but it started early and ended late.

Written By: annimal on 05/29/20 at 7:35 pm

inexpensively

Written By: nally on 05/31/20 at 11:32 am

It has gone on record that this May is the hottest May on record.

Not so hot where I am. There has been plenty of cloudcover (with occasional sunshine) the past few days.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/31/20 at 12:50 pm

Not so hot where I am. There has been plenty of cloudcover (with occasional sunshine) the past few days.

Me either aside from a few days a week ago. Below freezing last night and daytime yesterday in the 40s.

Written By: nally on 05/31/20 at 12:52 pm

Me either aside from a few days a week ago. Below freezing last night and daytime yesterday in the 40s.

It doesn't get like that in southern California, except during the winter months (at night, that is; depending on elevation).

Written By: Howard on 05/31/20 at 3:56 pm

It was a bit windy this afternoon.

Written By: annimal on 05/31/20 at 3:57 pm

I don't know.  I know I'm still in bad need of a friend.  I still know that everything I want to do is not going to necessarily suck.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/31/20 at 4:19 pm

Took my bike out to the trail in town where I work.  Partly sunny, very windy and 60f so I never even broke a sweat. Had to navigate some roadblocks put up by people who don’t like the trail going by their property. None of the towns in this county are very bike friendly. Will be nice when my employer lets me leave the county but I don’t know when that will happen.

Written By: annimal on 05/31/20 at 4:54 pm

not mentally feeling good

Written By: violet_shy on 05/31/20 at 8:51 pm

not mentally feeling good

Oh no. I hope everything gets better for you.

Written By: annimal on 05/31/20 at 8:57 pm

over time I've learned to make me feel better weather it likes it or not

Written By: annimal on 05/31/20 at 9:53 pm

I'm thinking  it would be a good idea to write some new parodies over at Amiright if I want some new good parodies to do videos of.  I'll want to do something with juggling and magic because I can do those instead of just sing.  I can do  some character voices.  Probably some things to make fun of although I cant think of any right now ;)  It would be cool if I can show some videos to the person that is going to be training me and I can get some kind of job or volunteer work entertaining with these kind of things. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/20 at 12:24 am

I had a wonderful week, as soon as I logged for what would be a normal day online, ny family turned up on the doorstep and spent the weekend with me.

Written By: annimal on 06/01/20 at 10:59 am

hey June

Check for new replies or respond here...