inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The official June 2020 monthly thread

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/20 at 12:27 am

Today is the first of June already, can you believe it?!

White rabbits!

Subject: Re: The official June 2020 monthly thread

Written By: Howard on 06/01/20 at 4:08 am

I am looking forward to when the barbers finally open up next week.

Written By: nally on 06/01/20 at 10:23 am

Not sure when my work office will be able to reopen, but my boss is keeping us posted on the various updates.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/20 at 10:26 am

Not sure when my work office will be able to reopen, but my boss is keeping us posted on the various updates.
Oh dear, it is happening the whole world over, several people I know have been affected this way.

Written By: nally on 06/01/20 at 10:29 am

Oh dear, it is happening the whole world over, several people I know have been affected this way.

Last month (May) we were hopeful that we'd be able to return, but that never happened.

Written By: karen on 06/01/20 at 10:54 am

The advice here in the U.K. is still work from home if possible.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/01/20 at 1:12 pm

Anyone know where I can get a good printer that I can connect to my phone? They don't seem to have many online. Please help!! Thank youuu.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/01/20 at 2:23 pm

The advice here in the U.K. is still work from home if possible.

My work requires anyone who works from home to spend at least 2 days a week in the office. My boss had been complaining saying “I’m tired of all this work from home foolishness”. Guess what he decided to start working from home last week. Sooner or later they won’t let anyone work from home. They’ve always frowned on that.

Written By: nally on 06/01/20 at 5:03 pm

My work requires anyone who works from home to spend at least 2 days a week in the office. My boss had been complaining saying “I’m tired of all this work from home foolishness”. Guess what he decided to start working from home last week. Sooner or later they won’t let anyone work from home. They’ve always frowned on that.

Well, today was a busy work day for me, as expected... but a couple of mishaps arose involving my connection to the office computer. It affected my Outlook so I had to call the technical support. They'll try to help out in more detail on Wednesday. But I did get the important things done.

Written By: annimal on 06/01/20 at 5:12 pm

Hey June

fill the last line
and all the letters

Written By: XYkid on 06/01/20 at 11:19 pm

My wedding was supposed to be this month  :\'( :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/20 at 12:50 am

My wedding was supposed to be this month  :\'( :\'(
Can you still have an online service, and have a proper wedding later on?

Written By: karen on 06/02/20 at 2:16 am

My husband knows his company was worried about people working from home. They’re an engineering firm, but kind of old fashioned in their attitude. They expected people to use it as an opportunity to redecorate the house or whatever. However it has worked out quite well, and they will probably continue to allow people to work from home even when (if) the offices fully reopen.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/20 at 7:57 am

Anyone know where I can get a good printer that I can connect to my phone? They don't seem to have many online. Please help!! Thank youuu.

Which one you looking for?

Written By: annimal on 06/02/20 at 10:18 am

I'll probably finish a parody soon but it will be stupid

Written By: violet_shy on 06/02/20 at 12:08 pm

Which one you looking for?

I'm looking for a printer that I can connect to my phone and print documents and photos. There were some portable ones online but they didn't have good reviews.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/20 at 1:59 pm

I am partial to Canon.

I bought a Canon printer about 10 years ago. I had a price in mind but when I find the one that I wanted, it was a bit more than I wanted to pay but opted for it anyway. I had a window open to the page and I refreshed the page. To my surprise, the price was cheaper than it had been. I refreshed it again and once again the price was lower. It was literally going down before my eyes.  :o :o When it stopped, it was at the price that I wanted to pay.  :)  And it still works good.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 06/02/20 at 6:07 pm

I am partial to Canon.

I bought a Canon printer about 10 years ago. I had a price in mind but when I find the one that I wanted, it was a bit more than I wanted to pay but opted for it anyway. I had a window open to the page and I refreshed the page. To my surprise, the price was cheaper than it had been. I refreshed it again and once again the price was lower. It was literally going down before my eyes.  :o :o When it stopped, it was at the price that I wanted to pay.  :)  And it still works good.

Cat

I think that 10 years ago they were of a better quality. Most of the printers I looked up today, including Canon, didn't have very good reviews.

Written By: nally on 06/02/20 at 11:50 pm

I think that 10 years ago they were of a better quality. Most of the printers I looked up today, including Canon, didn't have very good reviews.

I have a Canon digital camera that is still working like a charm after almost 12 1/2 years. :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/03/20 at 6:07 am

That’s true, they don’t build them like they used to. At work until a year or two ago they kept this printer from 95 because it was so reliable. Finally got a new one and moved that one to another area. The plotter we had from 1999 to 2009 was super reliable, we only upgraded to the newer model of the same thing because software wasn’t compatible with the newer windows. And we had a lot of issues with it over the next 10 years and it finally took a dump early this year. So we just got the next version. Let’s see how the next 10 years goes.

I knew a couple people within the last few years who had a printer that could print directly from a phone. They were both HP and worked well. Don’t remember what model.

Written By: Ripley on 06/03/20 at 12:02 pm

I’ve grown tired. Tired from all the devastation in this world. Tired of the way people treat each other. Also, very very tired of the way my life is going. While I’m really trying my best to keep my head up, life is so hard. I won’t get into it right now. I’m just thankful to have you all, even though I’m not on here as much as before.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/03/20 at 5:07 pm

I’ve grown tired. Tired from all the devastation in this world. Tired of the way people treat each other. Also, very very tired of the way my life is going. While I’m really trying my best to keep my head up, life is so hard. I won’t get into it right now. I’m just thankful to have you all, even though I’m not on here as much as before.

I felt the same way a couple of days ago. Too much evil in this world and one can only take so much.

I hope everything works out for you in your personal life. I know it gets rough. Hugs..

Written By: nally on 06/03/20 at 5:12 pm

I felt the same way a couple of days ago. Too much evil in this world and one can only take so much.

I've had similar thoughts as well.

Written By: annimal on 06/03/20 at 5:13 pm

today I just feel like nothing is happening or getting done

Written By: nally on 06/03/20 at 5:19 pm

I got something done today: work, from home. Yes I've been doing that for the past couple of months, and for the most part it has worked out well. However, the other day (Monday) I was experiencing connection problems, so I called the technical support... and the person I spoke with asked if we could arrange a conference call for today (Wednesday) at a time we could agree on. I had also notified my boss when the problem surfaced. So today, all three of us -- my boss, the person from tech support and I -- took part in the conference call, discussed what was going on, with the techie explaining what he would do to help me out... and the problem got resolved! :)

Written By: annimal on 06/03/20 at 7:32 pm

I think I'm just bored way beyond bored. There's also quite a few things I haven't had lately likely like burgers from Jack In The Box and other things like that.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/03/20 at 7:37 pm

I think I'm just bored way beyond bored. There's also quite a few things I haven't had lately likely like burgers from Jack In The Box and other things like that.

I just had Wendy’s for breakfast today. First time I’ve had a real breakfast in like 3 months.

Written By: annimal on 06/03/20 at 11:02 pm

You know when I first started feeling down, I had given the address of my new parody to the person that should be training me some day.  She has asked me all kinds of questions about me and I have told her I parody.  Anyways, she is not going to be in the office for a while.  Well, I sent it.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/03/20 at 11:04 pm

It's good to treat ourselves once in a while!

Written By: nally on 06/03/20 at 11:45 pm

It's good to treat ourselves once in a while!

Sure is!

Written By: Howard on 06/04/20 at 8:14 am

Those are such nice words. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/04/20 at 8:15 am

I just had Wendy’s for breakfast today. First time I’ve had a real breakfast in like 3 months.

What did you have at Wendy's?

Written By: karen on 06/04/20 at 8:38 am

My dad has had a cough for a couple of weeks. He thought it was allergy related - it is a chesty cough rather than a dry cough.  Anyway he spoke to the doctor today and has been prescribed antibiotics AND booked for a coronavirus test. Covering all the bases.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/20 at 8:44 am

My dad has had a cough for a couple of weeks. He thought it was allergy related - it is a chesty cough rather than a dry cough.  Anyway he spoke to the doctor today and has been prescribed antibiotics AND booked for a coronavirus test. Covering all the bases.
I wish your father well, and the test all goes well.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/04/20 at 9:03 am

What did you have at Wendy's?

Sausage egg cheese croissant but with American cheese. Potato wedges. Lime Fanta. That’s the only place around here with the “magic coke machine” where you can concoct almost anything you want.

I would go more often but there are no food joints near where I work other than the gas station. I was already in town yesterday for my meds before going to work.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/04/20 at 11:13 am

Sure is!

I always treat myself when I'm feeling down it makes me feel better. I buy whatever I want: a blouse, a purse, shoes. Maybe even food! The idea is to make yourself happy with something. I very rarely turn to food though. If I want to have a great day I will get a pretty blouse at Rainbow Shops.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/20 at 2:19 pm

I always treat myself when I'm feeling down it makes me feel better. I buy whatever I want: a blouse, a purse, shoes. Maybe even food! The idea is to make yourself happy with something. I very rarely turn to food though. If I want to have a great day I will get a pretty blouse at Rainbow Shops.

Whenever I'm in the mood I might sometimes treat myself to either food or clothes shopping.

Written By: XYkid on 06/05/20 at 1:28 pm

Sausage egg cheese croissant but with American cheese. Potato wedges. Lime Fanta. That’s the only place around here with the “magic coke machine” where you can concoct almost anything you want.

I would go more often but there are no food joints near where I work other than the gas station. I was already in town yesterday for my meds before going to work.
Wendy’s breakfast is not bad, reminds me of Tim Hortons

Written By: karen on 06/05/20 at 1:53 pm

Our tv reception has been very bad recently, going from dalek speech to no signal, via blocky images. Anyway the rooftop aerial landed on the patio outside this afternoon. When I moved it to face the right way the picture improved no end!

I can’t tell how it was fastened in place. There is no obvious pole sticking up, and no broken fixings on the aerial. I think it was just wedged next to the chimney.

Written By: nally on 06/05/20 at 5:05 pm

Glad to hear it. :)

Sometimes I like to treat myself to something nice...but the various conditions right now are sorta precluding that (the virus pandemic, the week-long protests, etc)...but when it all clears up I will treat myself to something!

Written By: 2001 on 06/05/20 at 5:25 pm

I have a Brother laser printer that works like a charm. They're on the pricey side but I think you save money on ink, if you're going to be printing a lot.

Written By: 2001 on 06/05/20 at 5:33 pm

My husband knows his company was worried about people working from home. They’re an engineering firm, but kind of old fashioned in their attitude. They expected people to use it as an opportunity to redecorate the house or whatever. However it has worked out quite well, and they will probably continue to allow people to work from home even when (if) the offices fully reopen.

I've been a regular WFHer since 2017. I still had to go into the office for meetings but now my office is shut until at least September. 

My company was well prepared for this pandemic. In late February before the outbreak we had a two week test run on working entirely from home. It was mostly a success and by the time the outbreak started all the kinks had been ironed out.

Written By: Ripley on 06/06/20 at 12:48 pm

With all that’s going on in the world I’m truly scared for us all! 😢 I have love for you guys, my Penguin family, and I want everyone to be safe always.

Written By: karen on 06/06/20 at 1:11 pm

I've been a regular WFHer since 2017. I still had to go into the office for meetings but now my office is shut until at least September. 

My company was well prepared for this pandemic. In late February before the outbreak we had a two week test run on working entirely from home. It was mostly a success and by the time the outbreak started all the kinks had been ironed out.

A well organised company. My husbands company only very reluctantly let him work from home occasionally when he was travelling later in the day and then suddenly expected everyone to work from home with a day’s notice! Their IT system struggled to cope the first week.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/20 at 3:16 pm

Wendy’s breakfast is not bad, reminds me of Tim Hortons

XY, have you had Burger King's breakfast before?  ???

Written By: Howard on 06/06/20 at 3:18 pm

With all that’s going on in the world I’m truly scared for us all! 😢 I have love for you guys, my Penguin family, and I want everyone to be safe always.

Thank You, hope you're feeling safe, Ripley. :)

Written By: nally on 06/06/20 at 3:19 pm

I have love for you guys, my Penguin family, and I want everyone to be safe always.

Agreed O0

Written By: violet_shy on 06/06/20 at 4:50 pm

Hope you are staying safe as well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/07/20 at 1:03 pm

I found out that my uncle (my father's brother-in-law) passed away.  :\'( :\'(  I haven't seen him in about 20 years and the last time I heard from him when was when I sent him a condolence card after my aunt passed away about 8 years ago. I feel bad for my cousins.

Cat

Written By: nally on 06/07/20 at 1:05 pm

I found out that my uncle (my father's brother-in-law) passed away.  :\'( :\'(  I haven't seen him in about 20 years and the last time I heard from him when was when I sent him a condolence card after my aunt passed away about 8 years ago. I feel bad for my cousins.

Cat

Sorry to hear of this. My condolences to you. :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/07/20 at 1:28 pm

All is fine, Friday I had a surprised knock on the door from my family, so otherwise I have been busy with other matters.

See you all soon.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/20 at 2:09 pm

Cat

Sorry Cat, My condolences.  :\'(

Written By: violet_shy on 06/07/20 at 5:29 pm

Cat

I'm so deeply sorry.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/07/20 at 8:24 pm

XY, have you had Burger King's breakfast before?  ???

There is no Tim Hortons around here. I like BK croissant wich but their hash browns leave a layer of grease in my mouth.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/20 at 4:16 am

There is no Tim Hortons around here. I like BK croissant wich but their hash browns leave a layer of grease in my mouth.

I know, their hash browns are a bit too greasy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/20 at 4:17 am

Cat
My condolences to you, sorry to hear this.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/08/20 at 1:07 pm

Thanks, everyone.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/20 at 1:37 pm

I know, their hash browns are a bit too greasy.
Every hash brown is greasy.

Written By: nally on 06/12/20 at 12:29 am

Still no word on when my office staff (including myself) can return to our actual office, but when that day finally comes, we will have to bring our face coverings and follow certain protocols that have been set in place. (That day won't be tomorrow, I can be sure of that.) But I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home, and have been good about making adjustments.

Written By: annimal on 06/12/20 at 1:47 pm

no word on when my implant is coming.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/12/20 at 2:17 pm

Truestream flagged my yard with a proposed cable route and gave me flags to mark everything else that’s buried. After they call miss dig they will run the conduit and cable then schedule an appointment to install the equipment in my house. Yeah a lot of things suck this year but I’ll be getting high speed internet for the first time in my life. Which is exciting.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/20 at 7:34 am

Here only briefly, I am taking advantage of being in a support bubble with another household, I will taking a few days offline, having a break away from it all.

Written By: karen on 06/14/20 at 10:35 am

Dai and Elizabeth are here. Elizabeth is going to be staying here now until the next term starts at university. Dai is going to try working from home here, but may go back to Cumbria if he finds the rest of us disturb him too much.

Written By: nally on 06/14/20 at 10:50 am

Here only briefly, I am taking advantage of being in a support bubble with another household, I will taking a few days offline, having a break away from it all.

Glad you're doing fine; please take care in all you do.

Written By: annimal on 06/14/20 at 11:05 am

at least one more day without an implant, then I get to see how much they're going to make me pay for it!

Written By: annimal on 06/15/20 at 3:33 pm

What's this Microsoft Edge thing?  especially the one that someone or something whats me to click start on.  I'm getting on the internet just fine without it

Written By: nally on 06/15/20 at 5:38 pm

What's this Microsoft Edge thing?  especially the one that someone or something whats me to click start on.  I'm getting on the internet just fine without it

I got a similar notification on my laptop yesterday as well! It wanted me to set up a profile with it, but I refused, because I have been using the Chrome browser, which works just fine. And while the Edge wanted me to set up a profile, the logo morphed from a solid-blue lowercase "e" into some sort of wave with aquatic colors...which to me seemed like a gimmick. ::) I'm like, no thank you, I'm perfectly fine with Chrome.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/20 at 7:15 am

I got a similar notification on my laptop yesterday as well! It wanted me to set up a profile with it, but I refused, because I have been using the Chrome browser, which works just fine. And while the Edge wanted me to set up a profile, the logo morphed from a solid-blue lowercase "e" into some sort of wave with aquatic colors...which to me seemed like a gimmick. ::) I'm like, no thank you, I'm perfectly fine with Chrome.

I downloaded Microsoft Edge for just in case Firefox goes wrong for some strange reason.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/16/20 at 12:37 pm

We recently upgraded to windows 10 at work. Microsoft edge is a pain. No matter how many times you try to disable it or uninstall it, it keeps coming back and making changes to things. I’m not the IT guy but that’s what they keep saying.

Written By: nally on 06/16/20 at 12:41 pm

We recently upgraded to windows 10 at work. Microsoft edge is a pain. No matter how many times you try to disable it or uninstall it, it keeps coming back and making changes to things. I’m not the IT guy but that’s what they keep saying.

Similarly, my office is supposed to upgrade to Windows 10 in the near future as well, but hopefully we won't have to use Edge as our browser.

I downloaded Microsoft Edge for just in case Firefox goes wrong for some strange reason.

It already auto-downloaded onto my laptop at home, but I have declined to use it; like I said, Chrome works just fine for me.  I did have Firefox on my old laptop, however.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/20 at 7:30 am

Glad you're doing fine; please take care in all you do.
Thank you, back home, but being online will be at a leisurely pace.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/20 at 7:56 am

Similarly, my office is supposed to upgrade to Windows 10 in the near future as well, but hopefully we won't have to use Edge as our browser.

It already auto-downloaded onto my laptop at home, but I have declined to use it; like I said, Chrome works just fine for me.  I did have Firefox on my old laptop, however.

It did that to My Father's laptop this morning but thinks that he'll continue to use Firefox.

Written By: nally on 06/17/20 at 10:27 am

It did that to My Father's laptop this morning but thinks that he'll continue to use Firefox.

Good for him.

Written By: annimal on 06/17/20 at 3:08 pm

been having fun getting an Implant so far.  My mom has shown me a couple times how well she can act like Donald Duck.

Written By: nally on 06/17/20 at 5:30 pm

Thank you, back home, but being online will be at a leisurely pace.

I can understand that. O0

Written By: annimal on 06/17/20 at 6:42 pm

got the new cable and can hear now. 

Written By: Sman12 on 06/19/20 at 8:47 am

I'll be applying to my local Walmart soon.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/19/20 at 1:34 pm

That's wonderful, good luck! :)

Written By: nally on 06/19/20 at 4:42 pm

got the new cable and can hear now. 

Good for you, I hope it works well.

Written By: annimal on 06/19/20 at 8:22 pm

yesterday I was out with my parents shopping and then did a lot of computer work with my mom.  My eyes went out on me, I think I cant handle the brightness of Ca sun any more.

Written By: annimal on 06/20/20 at 3:14 pm

I'm trying to wait until 2:00 to go in my dirtend because it will be in the shade.  I got a lantana, blanket flower, and ticketed. I'm not putting them in the ground or anything, just some work with the dirt.  Mom wants a little slope so if it rains the water wont be by the wall of the house

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/20 at 7:19 am

My family bubble had left, came back, and now have left again, and I find myself back online, and today is Father's Day!

Written By: Howard on 06/21/20 at 7:54 am

My family bubble had left, came back, and now have left again, and I find myself back online, and today is Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day Phil. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/20 at 7:57 am

Happy Father's Day Phil. :)
Thank you, I was given a card.

Written By: nally on 06/21/20 at 1:32 pm

Nice! O0

My mom and I are going to each give a card to my dad today; in fact we originally planned a relaxing day but we have visitors in our backyard; they are getting started on fixing up the area around our pool, but they aren't doing a very good job of it. (They wanted to get the project started as soon as possible, and this morning was the only day/time they could do it.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/20 at 1:37 pm

Nice! O0

My mom and I are going to each give a card to my dad today; in fact we originally planned a relaxing day but we have visitors in our backyard; they are getting started on fixing up the area around our pool, but they aren't doing a very good job of it. (They wanted to get the project started as soon as possible, and this morning was the only day/time they could do it.)
O0

We plan to buy presents etc, when it is safer to go to the shops.

Written By: nally on 06/21/20 at 1:39 pm

O0

We plan to buy presents etc, when it is safer to go to the shops.

My mom ordered a gift (from QVC?) for my dad and it was delivered to the house last week. We made sure he was hiding when the delivery came so he wouldn't know about it ahead of time.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/20 at 2:30 pm

That's wonderful. :)

Written By: karen on 06/21/20 at 2:59 pm

We just had a WhatsApp call with my dad. He thought it was great to be able to talk and see all the family at the same time.

Elizabeth prepared a lovely lunch and James cooked the evening meal.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/21/20 at 4:51 pm

Friday, I ventured out for the first time since March.  :o :o Went to Carlos' daughter's house for an early Father's Day dinner. His son was also there with his two kids as well as the daughter's daughter & her boyfriend. On the way home, we stopped for the first maple creemee of the season. YAY!!!

For those who don't know what a maple creemee is:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c2/02/d5/c202d5f27793f028874c08ffb0e369ea.jpg

Cat

Written By: annimal on 06/21/20 at 5:33 pm

can I have one of those?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/20 at 5:35 pm

Friday, I ventured out for the first time since March.  :o :o Went to Carlos' daughter's house for an early Father's Day dinner. His son was also there with his two kids as well as the daughter's daughter & her boyfriend. On the way home, we stopped for the first maple creemee of the season. YAY!!!

Cat
Where do we start the queue?

Written By: Howard on 06/22/20 at 4:18 am

Cat

That looks so good.

Written By: nally on 06/22/20 at 4:41 pm

Cat

Wow! :) :o

That looks so good.

I agree, it sure does.

Written By: nally on 06/23/20 at 12:36 pm

Today is not a work day for me, so I'll have to find something else to do...

Written By: annimal on 06/24/20 at 3:07 pm

past couple of days my eyes have been sore and even close to blind from too much sunlight.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/24/20 at 3:27 pm

That's wonderful, good luck! :)

Thanks. I'm glad that I'm able to apply in my county since we now have new COVID cases in the double digits and most of the cases are from nursing homes.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/24/20 at 3:43 pm

Thanks. I'm glad that I'm able to apply in my county since we now have new COVID cases in the double digits and most of the cases are from nursing homes.

I wish you the best of luck!

Written By: annimal on 06/24/20 at 4:42 pm

yesterday I got some blood drawn, today some chips got put in my garden as well as gotten a couple of more plants too, and the person I've been talking to wants to come visit on Monday.  Tomorrow I'll be seeing a doctor in Sacramento because I had a bulge in my metal head. It already looks better now, but going to get it looked at to make sure nothing serious is going on, I had a little seizure that day as well.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/24/20 at 4:45 pm

yesterday I got some blood drawn, today some chips got put in my garden as well as gotten a couple of more plants too, and the person I've been talking to wants to come visit on Monday.  Tomorrow I'll be seeing a doctor in Sacramento because I had a bulge in my metal head. It already looks better now, but going to get it looked at to make sure nothing serious is going on, I had a little seizure that day as well.

Oh no....I hope it will be ok for you.

Written By: Ripley on 06/24/20 at 6:38 pm

I’m so ready for summer to be over! 🥵

Written By: violet_shy on 06/24/20 at 8:45 pm

Nooo. Lol. I just love Summer! I wish it would feel like Summer all year.

Written By: annimal on 06/24/20 at 8:50 pm

I hope i'm okay too.  I'd like to put my plants in the ground eventully and turn my dirt lot into a garden.

I cant wait for summer to be over either.  We've hit our 100 days.  Very comfortable while wearing masks.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/24/20 at 9:15 pm

Our summers are too short as it is so I enjoy what I can. It’s always sad when the weather turns. But fall is really pretty.

Temps were only in the 50s today. I had my coat on all day.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/20 at 8:28 am

Summer has already started.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/20 at 8:29 am

Our summers are too short as it is so I enjoy what I can. It’s always sad when the weather turns. But fall is really pretty.

Temps were only in the 50s today. I had my coat on all day.

NYC will be in the low to mid 80's.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/20 at 8:33 am

What a day!

Hottest day of the year, and the Wi-Fi keeps going down!

Are the two connected?

Written By: karen on 06/25/20 at 4:22 pm

We are having a few days in the Lake District, where Dai usually lives during the week. He has taken a couple of days off work.

We've done a bit of decorating and also been for a couple of walks - yesterday to Lord’s Seat and today alongside Coniston Water.

Elizabeth got her university finals result yesterday. She got a First which is fantastic. She will be staying on to do a Masters course next year.

Written By: annimal on 06/25/20 at 7:38 pm

want you all to know that I'm okay.  The doctor was saying because I had the overdose of radiation I didn't develop much of a skull.  any hit on my head or something can cause a big bulge in my skin where I don't have a lot or any  skull.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/25/20 at 11:29 pm

What a day!

Hottest day of the year, and the Wi-Fi keeps going down!

Are the two connected?

Yes both heat and humidity can degrade signal in many ways.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/20 at 2:50 am

past couple of days my eyes have been sore and even close to blind from too much sunlight.
I feel the same with my hay fever, I have felt it before in previous years.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/20 at 2:50 am

Yes both heat and humidity can degrade signal in many ways.
O0

First thing, the broadband was down, seems fine at the moment.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/26/20 at 6:21 pm

want you all to know that I'm okay.  The doctor was saying because I had the overdose of radiation I didn't develop much of a skull.  any hit on my head or something can cause a big bulge in my skin where I don't have a lot or any  skull.

That's good to hear! I hope everything turns out well for you.

Written By: nally on 06/27/20 at 1:14 pm

Good to know. O0

That's good to hear! I hope everything turns out well for you.

Ditto.

Written By: nally on 06/27/20 at 1:16 pm

Nice! O0

And we had more "visitors" in our backyard the past couple days. On Thursday and Friday we had a crew of workers taking down our old fence and putting up a new one (our neighbors on that side also had agreed to it, several months back). And today, the crew that was here last weekend, is taking the next step on fixing the area around our pool.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/20 at 5:38 pm

Cat

Daja vu all over again.  :\'( :\'( :\'( This time it was my mother's half brother. I only recall meeting him one time but I am pretty close to his brother.

Two uncles within a couple of weeks. unreal.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 06/27/20 at 6:15 pm

Daja vu all over again.  :\'( :\'( :\'( This time it was my mother's half brother. I only recall meeting him one time but I am pretty close to his brother.

Cat

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my cousin recently, he was in his 50s.

Written By: nally on 06/27/20 at 10:50 pm

Cat

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my cousin recently, he was in his 50s.

Sorry for both your losses. :\'( My condolences.

Written By: annimal on 06/28/20 at 12:54 pm

tomorrow the person that might help me get a job is coming over.  My brother John is going to be over here for a little while.  Any it's going to be company time with me for a while.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/20 at 2:42 pm

Cat

sorry for your loss.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/20 at 1:23 am

We are having a few days in the Lake District, where Dai usually lives during the week. He has taken a couple of days off work.

We've done a bit of decorating and also been for a couple of walks - yesterday to Lord’s Seat and today alongside Coniston Water.

Elizabeth got her university finals result yesterday. She got a First which is fantastic. She will be staying on to do a Masters course next year.
I hope you were some distant away from...

Hundreds of people were found illegally camping and holding parties in the Lake District over the weekend. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-53210470

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/20 at 3:49 am

Cat
My condolences. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Written By: nally on 06/29/20 at 6:15 pm

What a day this has turned out to be for me! :o

First, it got off to a dismal start. Why? Well, as most of you are probably aware, I have been working from home for the past three months... but when I logged on this morning to try to establish a remote connection with my work computer... I couldn't get connected. So naturally, I called my boss to let her know of the situation, and she also suggested I call the technical support. So I did that, explained what the problem was, but they couldn't remote into my work computer either. So I called my boss on the phone again, and we both determined that I would actually need to drive to the office to fix the problem. So that's what I did: I left the house at 9:30 this morning (half an hour after I would have normally started work) and drove to the office. When I got there, just after 10, my boss was waiting (with her mask on; I also remembered to bring mine), and she suggested I unplug the machine for a few seconds and then plug it back in. That did the trick. So then I proceeded to do my work right there in the office and that worked out fine.

It was my first time in 90 days actually going into the office, so it felt a little odd in a sense. But the important thing is that I was able to do my work.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/20 at 2:19 pm

What a day this has turned out to be for me! :o

First, it got off to a dismal start. Why? Well, as most of you are probably aware, I have been working from home for the past three months... but when I logged on this morning to try to establish a remote connection with my work computer... I couldn't get connected. So naturally, I called my boss to let her know of the situation, and she also suggested I call the technical support. So I did that, explained what the problem was, but they couldn't remote into my work computer either. So I called my boss on the phone again, and we both determined that I would actually need to drive to the office to fix the problem. So that's what I did: I left the house at 9:30 this morning (half an hour after I would have normally started work) and drove to the office. When I got there, just after 10, my boss was waiting (with her mask on; I also remembered to bring mine), and she suggested I unplug the machine for a few seconds and then plug it back in. That did the trick. So then I proceeded to do my work right there in the office and that worked out fine.

It was my first time in 90 days actually going into the office, so it felt a little odd in a sense. But the important thing is that I was able to do my work.

Carlos & SIL couldn't figure out what was going on with our satellite and called me down from the office. I shut off the power, waited 10 seconds and fired it back up. It worked. I made a comment about being tech savvy because I know how to unplug and plug back it.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 06/30/20 at 5:42 pm

Carlos & SIL couldn't figure out what was going on with our satellite and called me down from the office. I shut off the power, waited 10 seconds and fired it back up. It worked. I made a comment about being tech savvy because I know how to unplug and plug back it.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

That's good, glad you could do that.

And this morning, again I had troubles connecting remotely to my work computer... but at least I didn't have to drive to the office this time. I got my problem fixed in just a few minutes' time.
Apparently my work computer's I.P. was changed. That sorta thing happens periodically.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/30/20 at 7:29 pm

That's good, glad you could do that.

And this morning, again I had troubles connecting remotely to my work computer... but at least I didn't have to drive to the office this time. I got my problem fixed in just a few minutes' time.
Apparently my work computer's I.P. was changed. That sorta thing happens periodically.

I hope you have better luck with your work computer tomorrow. I didn't think an IP address could be changed...I always thought it remains the same forever.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/20 at 1:59 am

Saying goodbye to June now that July is here.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/20 at 12:32 pm

I hope you have better luck with your work computer tomorrow. I didn't think an IP address could be changed...I always thought it remains the same forever.

If the internet provider has changed, yeah it could.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/01/20 at 12:36 pm

If the internet provider has changed, yeah it could.

Cat

And that has happened with me, yes.

Not so much luck this morning, sadly. More details in the July thread when I have a moment.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/04/20 at 2:44 pm

Cat

Cat

It's taken me some time to catch up.  So sorry, Cat, for your two losses.    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...