inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oh me oh my! It's time for July! What'cha doing THIS month?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/20 at 1:58 am

The month of July is now upon us!

White rabbits!

...and it now over halfway to Christmas!

Subject: Re: Oh me oh my! It's time for July! What'cha doing THIS month?

Written By: nally on 07/01/20 at 10:24 am

Thank you for starting the new thread, Philip! :)

In ten days' time I will be turning 40! (If not for leap years, I would be that age today.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/20 at 10:47 am

Thank you for starting the new thread, Philip! :)

In ten days' time I will be turning 40! (If not for leap years, I would be that age today.)
You're Welcome.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/01/20 at 1:37 pm

Happy first of July, everyone! Let's make it a great month!

Written By: nally on 07/01/20 at 1:39 pm

So far, this month has gotten off to a dismal start for me, for reasons mentioned in at least one other thread. In a nutshell, I'm just unable to work from home today. :-\\ :(

Not to mention that there's "July gloom" in the area, weather-wise.

However, I am confident that there will be good things to come out of this month.

Written By: karen on 07/01/20 at 2:13 pm

I had to take my dad to hospital today.

I saw him this morning and thought he looked under the weather. He mentioned I might need to pick up some meds for him, but later rang to say the doctor had told him to go to hospital. He had started passing some blood a couple of days ago and it hadn’t stopped. He is staying in overnight at least.

I think I got myself a bit stressed with it all and felt ill this afternoon, with a blinding headache.  However I feel much better now after some painkillers and a bit of food.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/20 at 2:13 pm

I saw him this morning and thought he looked under the weather. He mentioned I might need to pick up some meds for him, but later rang to say the doctor had told him to go to hospital. He had started passing some blood a couple of days ago and it hadn’t stopped. He is staying in overnight at least.

I think I got myself a bit stressed with it all and felt ill this afternoon, with a blinding headache.  However I feel much better now after some painkillers and a bit of food.
I wish your father well.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/01/20 at 2:21 pm

Hi Karen,

I hope your dad gets better. I know how stressful it can be having a family member who is sick, and being our parents at that! I wish you well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/20 at 4:04 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/01/20 at 4:28 pm

Prayers for your father!

Written By: Howard on 07/02/20 at 8:26 am

Happy first of July, everyone! Let's make it a great month!

I certainly hope so.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/02/20 at 12:52 pm

Hope everyone has a great weekend and a great day on Saturday!

Written By: annimal on 07/02/20 at 3:14 pm

having tasty dinners now that my brother John is visiting

Written By: nally on 07/02/20 at 4:54 pm

Well... today I was able to work from home again! However, I did have the connectivity troubles again at first in the morning, but at least I was able to find out -- via phone -- the new I.P. of my workstation (it changed yet again).

Written By: violet_shy on 07/02/20 at 5:02 pm

Well... today I was able to work from home again! However, I did have the connectivity troubles again at first in the morning, but at least I was able to find out -- via phone -- the new I.P. of my workstation (it changed yet again).

Let's hope they will keep the connection on the current IP address. It must be annoying having it changed over and over again.

Written By: nally on 07/02/20 at 5:09 pm

Let's hope they will keep the connection on the current IP address. It must be annoying having it changed over and over again.

Yes, and the computer has had its share of problems lately, some of which I couldn't do anything about. But when I called the technical support this morning, the person I spoke to said that a technician was working on the connectivity issue. And when I finally got on, I could finally do my work! (I would have done said work yesterday if only I had been able to log on... and today would have been a free day for me.)

Written By: violet_shy on 07/02/20 at 5:40 pm

Yes, and the computer has had its share of problems lately, some of which I couldn't do anything about. But when I called the technical support this morning, the person I spoke to said that a technician was working on the connectivity issue. And when I finally got on, I could finally do my work! (I would have done said work yesterday if only I had been able to log on... and today would have been a free day for me.)

Hopefully the technician fixes the problem. Sorry you didn't have a free day today  :-\\

I haven't used a computer in ages. I do everything on my phone. But I'm guessing that's not acceptable in the workplace. I have thought about getting a laptop or notebook to help me with my course, but I haven't really decided yet. I have one exam to complete and I feel I would do so much better on the exam with a laptop. I finished the entire first class and chapters on my phone though lol. ;D

Written By: nally on 07/02/20 at 5:48 pm

Hopefully the technician fixes the problem. Sorry you didn't have a free day today  :-\\

Hey, that's alright. I like my job; it's the place where I can put my accounting skills to good use. And I've been employed at this company for almost 4 1/2 years. (I also like the company; it's a good company with good people working for it.)

I'm sure the techie might've fixed it (since I got on successfully this morning). I'm just glad I didn't have to get into the car and drive all the way to my office, like I did Monday. And the important thing is that I was able to get my work done; it doesn't matter when I did it, as long as it gets accomplished. :)

I haven't used a computer in ages. I do everything on my phone. But I'm guessing that's not acceptable in the workplace. I have thought about getting a laptop or notebook to help me with my course, but I haven't really decided yet. I have one exam to complete and I feel I would do so much better on the exam with a laptop. I finished the entire first class and chapters on my phone though lol. ;D

That's amazing. I use a computer all the time when I access this site. I don't have a smartphone, only a stupidphone. But it works; I can call/receive calls, and exchange text messages.

And you're right, it probably wouldn't be acceptable in the workplace; I need a big screen to see everything I do (Quickbooks, MS Excel, Adobe PDF, etc.). On that note, I did hear that the workstations in my office are going to be upgraded in the near future to Windows Ten; that should help resolve the computer issues I've been having.

Good luck to you. :)

Written By: nally on 07/02/20 at 5:51 pm

Also... working tomorrow is out of the question, because tomorrow is the observance of July 4th (since the actual day falls on a Saturday this year).

Written By: Howard on 07/03/20 at 8:11 am

I have been using a computer for over 20 years and never have owned a smartphone.

Written By: nally on 07/03/20 at 11:48 am

I have been using a computer for over 20 years and never have owned a smartphone.

Same with me; I've never owned one either. However I have contemplated getting one.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/03/20 at 1:05 pm

Same with me; I've never owned one either. However I have contemplated getting one.

This weekend marks a year since I got mine. I probably wouldn’t have gotten it if I had anything better than dialup service at home.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/20 at 1:12 pm

This morning I had the FUN job of cleaning the scientific experiments out of the fridge.  8-P 8-P 8-P

Nothing like seeing all those green fuzzy things and trying to guess what it used to be. Actually, I do know because I wrote on the lid of the containers what it was and what day I put it in there. But, things get pushed into the back and out of sight, out of mind.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/03/20 at 1:41 pm

I might ask My Father for one when our phone contracts are up in September.

Written By: nally on 07/03/20 at 3:58 pm

I might ask My Father for one when our phone contracts are up in September.

I have contemplated asking one for my birthday (which is a week from tomorrow), but it would need to be ordered. So, maybe I might see about asking for one for Christmas. Meanwhile, I am fine with the stupidphone I have; it does the things I need it to do (make/receive phone calls and text messages; I also use the alarm clock feature on it).

Written By: annimal on 07/03/20 at 6:25 pm

take care John, up to Bakersfield tonight.  Next stop Missouri 

Written By: karen on 07/04/20 at 2:16 pm

My dad came home from hospital today. He needs to go back in about a week for a check up and they may want to do an operation. Not sure about this as his consultant wouldn’t do it 12 years ago when he first needed it as his heart health made having an anaesthetic too risky. I don’t think his health has improved since then!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/04/20 at 2:49 pm

My dad came home from hospital today. He needs to go back in about a week for a check up and they may want to do an operation. Not sure about this as his consultant wouldn’t do it 12 years ago when he first needed it as his heart health made having an anaesthetic too risky. I don’t think his health has improved since then!

So sorry, Karen, about the health difficulties your Dad is going through.  Praying for him.

Written By: nally on 07/04/20 at 10:05 pm

Continuing sent prayers...

Written By: violet_shy on 07/05/20 at 11:47 am

Oh no. Sending prayers your way!

Written By: annimal on 07/05/20 at 4:50 pm

thinking about what I can do to keep so much light from getting in my eyes this time of year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/20 at 2:19 am

It has been a wonderful weekend with my family, once again fun and laughter was had, and on Saturday I took a long walk only to put my back out, oh the pain!

Written By: violet_shy on 07/06/20 at 3:51 am

It has been a wonderful weekend with my family, once again fun and laughter was had, and on Saturday I took a long walk only to put my back out, oh the pain!

Oh no. Sorry about your back. It's nice that your weekend was wonderful! I'm guessing it was good weather?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/20 at 5:20 am

Oh no. Sorry about your back. It's nice that your weekend was wonderful! I'm guessing it was good weather?
Thank you for your concern, my back feels a lot better today.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/06/20 at 9:40 am

Oh good! Glad to know that.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/20 at 9:43 am

Oh good! Glad to know that.  :)
I had a short walk this morning (I had to go shopping), and I will try a walk tomorrow, without any shopping.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/06/20 at 9:50 am

I had a short walk this morning (I had to go shopping), and I will try a walk tomorrow, without any shopping.

I do hope you will have someone to help you with the shopping bags? If you carry too many items it could strain your back again....it happened to my mother. She is exactly your age and also having back problems.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/20 at 9:52 am

I do hope you will have someone to help you with the shopping bags? If you carry too many items it could strain your back again....it happened to my mother. She is exactly your age and also having back problems.
I feeling I know too well.

When I shop, it is always light, and I go every three days or so.

Written By: nally on 07/06/20 at 4:58 pm

Glad to hear this. O0

Written By: nally on 07/06/20 at 5:00 pm

I feeling I know too well.

When I shop, it is always light, and I go every three days or so.

I haven't been actually shopping in the stores lately; we have been ordering things we need from the shops, and a designated person will go into the store and do the shopping, then bring the items to our home. (Payments are made online, through the site.)

Written By: nally on 07/06/20 at 5:01 pm

Anyways, I am happy to report that I was able to work from home without any problems today! However, I was quite busy because I had plenty of items to process.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/20 at 7:50 am

I haven't been actually shopping in the stores lately; we have been ordering things we need from the shops, and a designated person will go into the store and do the shopping, then bring the items to our home. (Payments are made online, through the site.)

Shopping online makes it easier for My Father.

Written By: nally on 07/07/20 at 10:37 am

Shopping online makes it easier for My Father.

I take it he doesn't want to go out and do the shopping amidst the virus concerns? I don't blame him.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/20 at 1:29 pm

I take it he doesn't want to go out and do the shopping amidst the virus concerns? I don't blame him.

And also health concerns too as well.

Written By: nally on 07/07/20 at 4:59 pm

And also health concerns too as well.

Yeah, that's part of it. Which is why I've been grateful enough to stay home when I can.

In the past 3+ months, I have only had to actually drive to my office only once, namely last Monday. That's only because I needed to get my work computer back up and running.

As for going to other places, I've not needed to really do that. For example, on Sundays, instead of traveling to the church, I can watch the service being livestreamed on Facebook. My parents, who are church musicians, have needed to go there and perform the music (because they are employed there). Plus, I can view the livestream at any time during the day.

Written By: annimal on 07/07/20 at 7:29 pm

playing with my beads today

Written By: nally on 07/08/20 at 5:43 pm

Another busy day at work; had a lot to do.

I will be working this Friday; however, my working time will be split in two, because our workstations will be upgraded. I will start at my usual time, but at 10am I will have to log out because that's when the upgrade will begin. Then, my boss will either call or text me to tell me when it's over. She said it would take about an hour. This means I'll work past my usual end time, but that's ok because I need to get things done.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/09/20 at 10:57 pm

Happy! Happy! Happy!

Enjoying my newest song, "Escape Artist". If you all haven't listened to it yet, there are some links on my signature where you can stream and download my tracks. I LOVE my new song. And I'm so proud!

Anyway, it's been quite a week! I have a bad leg that is very painful and stiff when I move it around. Well, last week I had some X - rays done at our clinic. This past Monday my primary care doctor called me to tell me the results of those X-rays. It turns out I have a slightly arthritic leg which has some inflammation and is very stiff. It is still very painful right now as I post this. I think it has a lot to do with aging. In other words, my leg is getting old!  ;D A lot of people find it strange since I don't really look old but in reality my body is aging slowly. It's just my leg for now thank God! I will keep everyone updated on my leg. For now it's warm water bags, meds, and rest....

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/10/20 at 11:32 am

Happy! Happy! Happy!

Enjoying my newest song, "Escape Artist". If you all haven't listened to it yet, there are some links on my signature where you can stream and download my tracks. I LOVE my new song. And I'm so proud!

Anyway, it's been quite a week! I have a bad leg that is very painful and stiff when I move it around. Well, last week I had some X - rays done at our clinic. This past Monday my primary care doctor called me to tell me the results of those X-rays. It turns out I have a slightly arthritic leg which has some inflammation and is very stiff. It is still very painful right now as I post this. I think it has a lot to do with aging. In other words, my leg is getting old!  ;D A lot of people find it strange since I don't really look old but in reality my body is aging slowly. It's just my leg for now thank God! I will keep everyone updated on my leg. For now it's warm water bags, meds, and rest....

Like me I’ve been banged up in the past with no issue but in 2013 I got my first DVT after banging my leg on a table when hauling in wood. Since then it’s something I have to continually fend off and I’ve had 2 or 3 others since then. The doctor said I’m not young anymore, I can’t be doing that.

I had a huge mistake at work from 3 years ago that finally got discovered. Well small mistake on a large scale, it only involved air blowing through rubber hose so it’s not like a personal hazard. Well i didn’t overlook it, I honestly thought I was doing it right at the time but turns out I interpreted the boss’s guidelines wrong. And nobody else noticed it either. The customer had to call in somebody to empty a cement silo to a tune of half a million dollars. Going to be a few weeks till the final outcome but hopefully I still have a job after this. 21 years with the company, we have all made mistakes but this one will cost everyone the Christmas bonus at a minimum, if not a whole lot more. Maybe in the future we should have at least a second person checking over jobs of this scale. We don’t have print checkers like other companies do.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/10/20 at 12:08 pm

Like me I’ve been banged up in the past with no issue but in 2013 I got my first DVT after banging my leg on a table when hauling in wood. Since then it’s something I have to continually fend off and I’ve had 2 or 3 others since then. The doctor said I’m not young anymore, I can’t be doing that.

I had a huge mistake at work from 3 years ago that finally got discovered. Well small mistake on a large scale, it only involved air blowing through rubber hose so it’s not like a personal hazard. Well i didn’t overlook it, I honestly thought I was doing it right at the time but turns out I interpreted the boss’s guidelines wrong. And nobody else noticed it either. The customer had to call in somebody to empty a cement silo to a tune of half a million dollars. Going to be a few weeks till the final outcome but hopefully I still have a job after this. 21 years with the company, we have all made mistakes but this one will cost everyone the Christmas bonus at a minimum, if not a whole lot more. Maybe in the future we should have at least a second person checking over jobs of this scale. We don’t have print checkers like other companies do.

Last night I actually cried and I said to myself, "Why can't I be 15 or 25 again and have both my good legs?"  :\'( I'm limping and can hardly walk. Then I remembered my doctor saying my leg is "only slightly arthritic"....sheesh then what's severely arthritic like!? Not liking this at all, but I know it's part of living. Thankfully arthritis does get better with care. But it doesn't heal, sadly. It only gets worse with time. I guess it's something I have to accept.  :-\\

Written By: karen on 07/10/20 at 4:55 pm

Been an up and down few days.

I took my dad back to hospital yesterday. He has still been passing blood and had a really low blood pressure. The day before I had taken some shopping round and he nearly passed out while standing on the doorstep talking to me. He has had some units of blood and has had another more detailed CT scan to see if they can find the source of the bleeding. My sister in law has set up a telephone rota so he has someone to chat to a couple of times a day. Current hospital restrictions mean no visitors, no newspaper deliveries and no tv or radio, so the days are very long.

Dai, James and I drove down to see Dai’s mum today. It was a long day - we left at 8.30 this morning and got back around 10.15 this evening. We sat in the garden all day and socially distanced as much as possible. We bought a salad lunch and then went to the chippy for fish and chips in the evening. Hopefully the restrictions will lift a little soon so that we can stay overnight either with her or in a hotel nearby for a night or two.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/20 at 5:04 pm

I took my dad back to hospital yesterday. He has still been passing blood and had a really low blood pressure. The day before I had taken some shopping round and he nearly passed out while standing on the doorstep talking to me. He has had some units of blood and has had another more detailed CT scan to see if they can find the source of the bleeding. My sister in law has set up a telephone rota so he has someone to chat to a couple of times a day. Current hospital restrictions mean no visitors, no newspaper deliveries and no tv or radio, so the days are very long.

Dai, James and I drove down to see Dai’s mum today. It was a long day - we left at 8.30 this morning and got back around 10.15 this evening. We sat in the garden all day and socially distanced as much as possible. We bought a salad lunch and then went to the chippy for fish and chips in the evening. Hopefully the restrictions will lift a little soon so that we can stay overnight either with her or in a hotel nearby for a night or two.

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: annimal on 07/10/20 at 7:57 pm

Waiting for my new ID card now

Written By: nally on 07/10/20 at 11:46 pm

My computer at work got "upgraded" to Windows Ten today, so I had to log out of it (remotely) for the afternoon hours while it was being fixed. When my boss called me to let me know that the upgrade was finished, she gave me a new logon pw and a new IP to use, but neither one worked. So hopefully on Monday this can get resolved. That kinda sucks; the upgrade was supposed to improve my computer, not cause any further problems.

On the plus side, there was a birthday e-card signed by my coworkers and boss waiting for me in my inbox, so I made sure to save it and print it out. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 07/12/20 at 11:51 am

So I am bed ridden once again. Only this time it's because of my leg.  :-[

I try keeping all of the windows open to let the Summer sun in the house. I can't be outside but with the windows open I get that Summer feel. Can't walk. And hopefully tomorrow I can make the appointment to see the orthopedic doctor. I hope I won't need surgery.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/20 at 2:57 pm

I try keeping all of the windows open to let the Summer sun in the house. I can't be outside but with the windows open I get that Summer feel. Can't walk. And hopefully tomorrow I can make the appointment to see the orthopedic doctor. I hope I won't need surgery.

Hope you feel better.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/12/20 at 6:09 pm

Hope you feel better.

Thank you, Howard. It's been rough today. But always with a big smile on my face!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/20 at 1:28 am

I wish your father well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/20 at 1:34 am

Please get well soon.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/13/20 at 12:48 pm

Please get well soon.

Thank you, Philip.  :-*

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/20 at 12:53 pm

Thank you, Philip.  :-*
O0

Better today?

Written By: annimal on 07/13/20 at 1:22 pm

today I'm just trying to relax .  I have two doctors appointments tomorrow

Written By: Howard on 07/13/20 at 3:08 pm

Thank you, Howard. It's been rough today. But always with a big smile on my face!

Try and be positive that's all you can do right now.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/13/20 at 4:46 pm

O0

Better today?

Well, my leg is not any better. But other than that it is a great day.

Try and be positive that's all you can do right now.

I've been doing just that.  :)

Written By: nally on 07/13/20 at 5:26 pm

Well, my leg is not any better. But other than that it is a great day.

I've been doing just that.  :)

Sorry to hear this, but I will continue to send positive thoughts your way. :-*

I, on the other hand, had a great weekend for my birthday! (More details later, which I've been meaning to discuss.)

Written By: violet_shy on 07/13/20 at 7:16 pm

Sorry to hear this, but I will continue to send positive thoughts your way. :-*

I, on the other hand, had a great weekend for my birthday! (More details later, which I've been meaning to discuss.)

Thank you so much! And I can't wait to read about your birthday weekend!

Written By: nally on 07/14/20 at 11:50 am

Thank you so much! And I can't wait to read about your birthday weekend!

Okay then...

So, as you know, Saturday was the big day. In the morning my parents cooked a nice breakfast for me: waffles on our waffle maker (which I requested). Topped with fruit.

During the rest of the morning, I waited for people to call me (either on the landline or on my cellphone) to wish me happy birthday. Turns out, I only received one phone call, namely from my uncles. But that's ok, I got to talk with them for a short while.

At noon, two friends of ours came over: a middle aged couple we know from church. They wore their face masks, and we put ours on too. (And of course we social distanced.) They gave me a little card and a gift. We also placed an order from a local eatery consisting of Italian snack food...which we all ate for lunch, outdoors, in our backyard. (However, my dad had to drive to the eatery to pick up the order and bring it back home.)

At 2pm, we moved our festivities to the front of the house, where our driveway is, and put decorations up there, so that people could drive up to our house, wish me a happy birthday and chat with me for a few minutes at a time. And over the next two hours, I received several visits, mostly from people we know from church (including one young couple who tied the knot last year). Each of them came by with a greeting card, and in some cases, a gift as well. The couple who came over at noon, left by 3.

At 4:00 we went back inside so that I could open up my cards and gifts. (This also gave me an opportunity to go back online and read any additional birthday greetings I may have received.) Then my parents & I spent some time in our swimming pool afterwards. We were in there for close to an hour. My mom got out of the pool first so that she could go back in the house and start preparing my birthday dinner: chicken marsala with pasta and roasted vegetables.

During the 6pm hour, my mom and dad were both busy in the kitchen cooking my dinner... which was ready before 7pm. We ate, had cake (my mom made a dark-chocolate cake for me), and cleaned up. Then at 8:00, I went to Zoom for an online meeting with some other friends of mine; they all wished me a happy b'day and we spent some time praying. The Zoom meeting ended by 10pm.

Then on Sunday I pretty much took it easy for most of the day; I guess I needed to unwind. But it was an exciting birthday weekend for me!

Written By: violet_shy on 07/14/20 at 12:00 pm

Okay then...

So, as you know, Saturday was the big day. In the morning my parents cooked a nice breakfast for me: waffles on our waffle maker (which I requested). Topped with fruit.

During the rest of the morning, I waited for people to call me (either on the landline or on my cellphone) to wish me happy birthday. Turns out, I only received one phone call, namely from my uncles. But that's ok, I got to talk with them for a short while.

At noon, two friends of ours came over: a middle aged couple we know from church. They wore their face masks, and we put ours on too. (And of course we social distanced.) They gave me a little card and a gift. We also placed an order from a local eatery consisting of Italian snack food...which we all ate for lunch, outdoors, in our backyard. (However, my dad had to drive to the eatery to pick up the order and bring it back home.)

At 2pm, we moved our festivities to the front of the house, where our driveway is, and put decorations up there, so that people could drive up to our house, wish me a happy birthday and chat with me for a few minutes at a time. And over the next two hours, I received several visits, mostly from people we know from church (including one young couple who tied the knot last year). Each of them came by with a greeting card, and in some cases, a gift as well. The couple who came over at noon, left by 3.

At 4:00 we went back inside so that I could open up my cards and gifts. (This also gave me an opportunity to go back online and read any additional birthday greetings I may have received.) Then my parents & I spent some time in our swimming pool afterwards. We were in there for close to an hour. My mom got out of the pool first so that she could go back in the house and start preparing my birthday dinner: chicken marsala with pasta and roasted vegetables.

During the 6pm hour, my mom and dad were both busy in the kitchen cooking my dinner... which was ready before 7pm. We ate, had cake (my mom made a dark-chocolate cake for me), and cleaned up. Then at 8:00, I went to Zoom for an online meeting with some other friends of mine; they all wished me a happy b'day and we spent some time praying. The Zoom meeting ended by 10pm.

Then on Sunday I pretty much took it easy for most of the day; I guess I needed to unwind. But it was an exciting birthday weekend for me!

Well, I'm happy that you had a wonderful weekend! Sounds like you have many good, caring people in your life, other than your parents of course. But that's truly a blessing!  :)

Written By: nally on 07/14/20 at 12:04 pm

Well, I'm happy that you had a wonderful weekend! Sounds like you have many good, caring people in your life, other than your parents of course. But that's truly a blessing!  :)

Thanks! It truly is!

A few other people were supposed to come by, but they never did. (Something could've come up?)

Also, we would have liked to have a big party in the backyard (which we would have done if not for the COVID situation) but maybe we'll get to do that another time. (Besides, our backyard isn't quite finished yet.) Furthermore, having our "guests" come over sequentially rather than simultaneously gave an opportunity to spend more time with them overall.

Written By: nally on 07/14/20 at 12:05 pm

Anyhoo... I want ya'll to keep my dad in your prayers; today he is going to have cataract surgery on his left eye, so I'm hoping that all goes well.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/14/20 at 12:23 pm

Anyhoo... I want ya'll to keep my dad in your prayers; today he is going to have cataract surgery on his left eye, so I'm hoping that all goes well.

Sending prayers your way! ❤

Written By: Howard on 07/14/20 at 2:02 pm

Hope all goes well.

Written By: nally on 07/14/20 at 2:39 pm

Sending prayers your way! ❤

Hope all goes well.

Thanks guys.

My mom just received a phone call from the outpatient hospital saying that the procedure just got finished, it went successfully, so now my mom will need to go pick him up. (Of course he'll be groggy, and have to rest.)

Written By: karen on 07/14/20 at 2:42 pm

Thanks guys.

My mom just received a phone call from the outpatient hospital saying that the procedure just got finished, it went successfully, so now my mom will need to go pick him up. (Of course he'll be groggy, and have to rest.)

Wishing him a speedy recovery

Written By: violet_shy on 07/14/20 at 3:13 pm

Thanks guys.

Wow! I was praying for him just a few moments ago! That's great news. Hope he recovers quickly.

Written By: annimal on 07/14/20 at 5:32 pm

no I'm relaxing after my doctors appointments

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/20 at 10:06 am

It has been a day to spend more on fixing and sorting, and there is still more to do.

Written By: karen on 07/15/20 at 11:05 am

My dad is still in hospital. Several times he has been set to go and have an operation to stop the bleeding, but it has been cancelled at the last moment. Various reasons for this, but now they finally seem to have spoken to all the important people, such as the cardiologist and anaesthetist. Hopefully he will be sorted tomorrow, though he will need a few days in intensive care afterwards.

This afternoon James and I went to my dad’s house. James cut the lawn at the front and then ran the vacuum cleaner around downstairs. I scrubbed the bathroom  8-P and then vacuumed upstairs. I mainly concentrated on clearing the cobwebs from the ceilings.

Written By: Ripley on 07/15/20 at 1:24 pm

Hey guys. I hope everyone is safe. My state is now enforcing masks, which I don’t mind. The only thing is, my work is forcing associates to tell customers to wear them. I on the other hand am refusing to do so. So many businesses have had associates threatened and even assaulted over this! I’m already risking my health for them! And no, we don’t get hazard pay. All retail establishments, or any other open businesses, need to hire security. Just cause I’m in the nicer side of town it doesn’t mean it won’t happen. But I’m still at my work, for the time being, granted I don’t get fired for refusing to guard a door! 😏

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/20 at 1:29 pm

Hey guys. I hope everyone is safe. My state is now enforcing masks, which I don’t mind. The only thing is, my work is forcing associates to tell customers to wear them. I on the other hand am refusing to do so. So many businesses have had associates threatened and even assaulted over this! I’m already risking my health for them! And no, we don’t get hazard pay. All retail establishments, or any other open businesses, need to hire security. Just cause I’m in the nicer side of town it doesn’t mean it won’t happen. But I’m still at my work, for the time being, granted I don’t get fired for refusing to guard a door! 😏
Please take good care and be safe.

I am still shielding, which is due to end at the end of the month, I will continue with it till I know it is safer outsde.

Written By: Ripley on 07/15/20 at 1:30 pm

Please take good care and be safe.

I am still shielding, which is due to end at the end of the month, I will continue with it till I know it is safer outsde.

Good idea! It would be nice if this thing had never started but unfortunately we can’t change the past.😢

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/20 at 1:33 pm

Good idea! It would be nice if this thing had never started but unfortunately we can’t change the past.😢
O0

With no employment commitments for myself, my life is a be easier to decide on continuing the shielding.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 3:16 pm

Thanks guys.

That's good. :)

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 3:18 pm

I feel the same way Ripley! :(

Written By: nally on 07/15/20 at 4:56 pm

Wow! I was praying for him just a few moments ago! That's great news. Hope he recovers quickly.

Yeah, it wasn't that too big a deal.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/15/20 at 5:02 pm

Yeah, it wasn't that too big a deal.

It probably wasn't a big surgery right? But glad it turned out well.

Written By: nally on 07/15/20 at 5:04 pm

It was done on the left eye. It didn't take very long to complete...but after it was finished he had to put on his dark sunglasses to protect his eyes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/16/20 at 2:14 pm

I picked a handful of blueberries from our new blueberry bushes that we planted about 2 months ago or so.  :) :) :)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/20 at 2:43 pm

I picked a handful of blueberries from our new blueberry bushes that we planted about 2 months ago or so.  :) :) :)

Cat
O0

My friend (on the phone) was telling me the plums growing in his garden are not ready yet.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/16/20 at 11:27 pm

I took out my telescope and looked at Jupiter and Saturn and the comet. The comet looks better with the naked eye. And I can see it from my bedroom window.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/20 at 2:11 pm

Cat

Do you plan to use them in a recipe?

Written By: nally on 07/17/20 at 4:36 pm

Cat

Nice. O0 I hope the berries are good!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/17/20 at 4:39 pm

Do you plan to use them in a recipe?

Not really enough-yet. These I may put on some cereal-or just eat as is.

We have 4 plants. If we are lucky enough, we may get enough for the "chef" to make a blueberry pie.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/18/20 at 3:19 pm

Not really enough-yet. These I may put on some cereal-or just eat as is.

We have 4 plants. If we are lucky enough, we may get enough for the "chef" to make a blueberry pie.

Cat

You have a personal chef? :o

Written By: karen on 07/18/20 at 3:20 pm

My dad is home from hospital. He was looking forward to some proper food as the hospital meals left a lot to be desired apparently.

Written By: karen on 07/18/20 at 3:21 pm

(whispers) She might mean Carlos

Written By: Howard on 07/18/20 at 3:32 pm

Oh OK, sorry I misunderstood the quotes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/19/20 at 2:12 pm

Yup. He cooks for me every night. He is also my personal chauffeur because he drives me any place I want to go (even across country sometimes). He also happens to be my best friend.

;)

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/19/20 at 2:13 pm

My dad is home from hospital. He was looking forward to some proper food as the hospital meals left a lot to be desired apparently.

Glad to hear that he is home. Hopefully, he will stay there and not have to go back.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/19/20 at 4:32 pm

Excellent news. O0

Written By: nally on 07/20/20 at 11:17 pm

It was done on the left eye. It didn't take very long to complete...but after it was finished he had to put on his dark sunglasses to protect his eyes.

My dad is going to have the cataract surgery on his other eye (the right one) next Tuesday, the 28th.

He says that he can see much better now out of his left eye. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/21/20 at 1:03 am

I am fine and spent a long weekend with my family bubble.

Due to refurbishing of my home I have less computer access than normal, some days it would be none at all.

Everyone please, take good care and be safe.

Written By: nally on 07/21/20 at 11:20 am

I am fine and spent a long weekend with my family bubble.

Due to refurbishing of my home I have less computer access than normal, some days it would be none at all.

Everyone please, take good care and be safe.

Glad to hear you are ok! Please continue to take care in all you do. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/20 at 1:38 pm

A sad tale.

My late sister's ex (father of 2 of my nieces) had been fighting demons for decades now. He was a Vietnam vet who suffered from PTSD (even before they diagnosed vets with it). When he was married to my sister, she said that he used to wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares. This was decades after Vietnam.

For the past I don't know how many years, he had been fighting cancer. I know he had lung cancer (he smoked like a chimney) and I think a few other forms of cancer. I thought the cancer would have gotten him many years ago. 

I last saw him 2 years ago at one of my nieces' weddings. He didn't look that well but he was still going even with all of this health issues.

Yesterday, he walked out of his house and shot himself. I guess he figured if he did it inside the house, no one would find him since he lived alone and his daughters live in another state. Since one of my other sisters lives in the same city, she is stepping up to take care of things. (She did the same thing when our sister passed away over 10 years ago and played surrogate mother to the girls.)

Today, my heart goes out to my two nieces-and also my sister. To have your father die of illness is one thing but the way he went was just...

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/21/20 at 2:14 pm

A sad tale.

My late sister's ex (father of 2 of my nieces) had been fighting demons for decades now. He was a Vietnam vet who suffered from PTSD (even before they diagnosed vets with it). When he was married to my sister, she said that he used to wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares. This was decades after Vietnam.

For the past I don't know how many years, he had been fighting cancer. I know he had lung cancer (he smoked like a chimney) and I think a few other forms of cancer. I thought the cancer would have gotten him many years ago. 

I last saw him 2 years ago at one of my nieces' weddings. He didn't look that well but he was still going even with all of this health issues.

Yesterday, he walked out of his house and shot himself. I guess he figured if he did it inside the house, no one would find him since he lived alone and his daughters live in another state. Since one of my other sisters lives in the same city, she is stepping up to take care of things. (She did the same thing when our sister passed away over 10 years ago and played surrogate mother to the girls.)

Today, my heart goes out to my two nieces-and also my sister. To have your father die of illness is one thing but the way he went was just...

Cat

How sad. Truly a case of "Still In Saigon" like the Charlie Daniels song.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/20 at 2:22 pm

I don't know if it was the Vietnam demons that got him or the cancer demons-or both. Either way, the end result was the same.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/21/20 at 2:44 pm

A sad tale.

Cat

I'm sorry to hear that Cat, that's so sad!  :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/21/20 at 3:11 pm

A sad tale.

Cat

Cat, so sad to hear this -

Written By: karen on 07/21/20 at 4:08 pm

Sorry for your troubles Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 07/21/20 at 4:35 pm

A sad tale.

Cat

How awful. Very sad  :\'(

Written By: nally on 07/21/20 at 10:30 pm

A sad tale.

Cat

Oh no. :\'( So so sorry to hear of this!!

Written By: violet_shy on 07/25/20 at 7:14 pm

It is 8:14 pm right now.

Spending some "me" time. I just put on a peel off mask to remove any impurities on my face. I have to wait 10 to 15 minutes for it to dry, and then peel off. Next I will practice my singing. Then TV night! Not sure what I'll watch though. Something good!  :)

Written By: nally on 07/25/20 at 10:56 pm

^ O0

While you were posting that, my parents & I were enjoying some time in our pool, getting a great workout.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 3:47 am

Glad to hear you are ok! Please continue to take care in all you do. :)
Thank you all is fine, rooms are gradually taking shape, but with more work to be done.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 3:57 am

A sad tale.

Cat
I am sorry to hear this.

Written By: nally on 07/26/20 at 11:32 am

Thank you all is fine, rooms are gradually taking shape, but with more work to be done.

Splendid! O0

On a related note, our backyard has been gradually taking shape during the past month. We hired a landscaping company to put new lawn and plants in the area around our pool. They are not doing any work today, but will continue with it tomorrow. (Last week they installed the new sprinkler system.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 12:46 pm

Splendid! O0

On a related note, our backyard has been gradually taking shape during the past month. We hired a landscaping company to put new lawn and plants in the area around our pool. They are not doing any work today, but will continue with it tomorrow. (Last week they installed the new sprinkler system.)
O0

With my workmen days to come.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/20 at 1:26 pm

I don't know if it was the Vietnam demons that got him or the cancer demons-or both. Either way, the end result was the same.

Cat

After talking with my sister, I really believe it was the cancer demons. He had lung cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer and my sister found something in his house that may suggest that he also had kidney cancer. Of course all of this can be traced back to his exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam. (He did get a settlement for that I don't know how many years ago.) It is still sad no matter how you slice it.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/26/20 at 3:07 pm

O0

With my workmen days to come.

hope that all goes well.

I should also mention that there will be a new patch of lawn installed in our backyard.

Written By: Sman12 on 07/27/20 at 5:45 am

I'm now working at Walmart as a stocker. It's a bit boring and mundane, but hey, what else do you expect from a company job?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 5:53 am

I'm now working at Walmart as a stocker. It's a bit boring and mundane, but hey, what else do you expect from a company job?
Good to see you are working, it is still money in your pocket, and do you get a staff discount on goods?

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 3:15 pm

Congratulations on your job I know how it feels to have a mundane job.

Written By: nally on 07/28/20 at 12:57 pm

My dad is having cataract surgery on his right eye this morning... and it just got finished with a short while ago!

Written By: Howard on 07/28/20 at 2:27 pm

My dad is having cataract surgery on his right eye this morning... and it just got finished with a short while ago!

wish him good luck.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/20 at 3:28 pm

I trust all went well today.

Written By: nally on 07/28/20 at 11:43 pm

wish him good luck.

I trust all went well today.

Thanks guys, it did. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 4:58 am

Thanks guys, it did. :)
Good to hear, and take good care.

Written By: nally on 07/29/20 at 7:50 pm

Good to hear, and take good care.

Thanks.

Today I did work at the office; had plenty of filing to catch up on.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/20 at 1:10 pm

I'm gonna wash that gray right out of my hair. I'm gonna wash that gray right out of my hair. I'm gonna wash that gray right out of my hair. And send it on its way.

Ok, I'm not gonna do it myself. I am FINALLY having my hair done-first time since March. YAY!!!

Cat

Written By: karen on 07/31/20 at 2:00 pm

Elizabeth and I have hair cuts booked for tomorrow afternoon!

Written By: nally on 07/31/20 at 6:31 pm

Elizabeth and I have hair cuts booked for tomorrow afternoon!

I hope that goes well.

Written By: nally on 07/31/20 at 6:33 pm

Anyways, today I drove to my office again. I got done all the end-of-the-month duties that I would normally do; I also had some time to do some much-needed filing (something not doable from home). Not sure if my boss wants me to come into the office to do more filing next month, but she will let me know if I do need to come.

Check for new replies or respond here...