inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: November 2020 already? (monthly thread)

Written By: nally on 10/31/20 at 11:49 pm

The month of October has flown by, so now it's time for November!

White rabbits!

Subject: Re: November 2020 already? (monthly thread)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/20 at 2:04 am

White Rabbit!

Written By: Howard on 11/01/20 at 4:17 am

I can't believe this year is almost over.  :o

Subject: November 2020 already? (monthly thread)

Written By: Dude111 on 11/01/20 at 5:50 am

This year has been horrible in many ways.......

Written By: Sman12 on 11/01/20 at 12:56 pm

I need to get a "I survived 2020" shirt in January.  :o

I predict potentially massive civil unrest across the U.S. if Trump wins re-election.

Written By: nally on 11/01/20 at 2:55 pm

Today I'm hangin' out at home.

Tomorrow I will work...from home. (Also I need to get my car serviced again.)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/01/20 at 4:22 pm

Been singing my heart out lately. Making videos and enjoying my voice. Gloomy Sunday, anyone? I posted this on Facebook and got a good number of views and likes!

eTUKvEXKOBg

Written By: nally on 11/02/20 at 12:00 am

Been singing my heart out lately. Making videos and enjoying my voice. Gloomy Sunday, anyone? I posted this on Facebook and got a good number of views and likes!

Saw it. Very nice, as usual. :) 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 1:47 am

Done my shopping today that should last me for the week.

Written By: nally on 11/02/20 at 10:27 am

Done my shopping today that should last me for the week.

I certainly hope so. O0

Written By: Howard on 11/02/20 at 3:06 pm

This year has been horrible in many ways.......

I can agree with that.

Written By: nally on 11/03/20 at 12:18 am

I can agree with that.

Maybe so, but it's not completely bad. There are good things to find in the world, and even in our own lives.

Written By: nally on 11/04/20 at 6:34 pm

So, today I had to drive to the office. I made sure to take my mask with me (and wear it in the office, except for when I ate lunch). I accomplished everything I needed to do at the office, then came home. I will be working from home again on Friday.

Written By: karen on 11/05/20 at 9:34 am

I woke up in the night with a headache and feeling a bit shivery. My cheeks feel hot as well.

I messaged work and then booked myself in for a test.  I am fairly sure it is just a cold or something in me reacting to someone at work (Fresher’s Flu as it is generally known here). I haven’t spent any time indoors with people from outside my family until I started back to work.

Written By: karen on 11/07/20 at 9:45 am

I woke up in the night with a headache and feeling a bit shivery. My cheeks feel hot as well.

I messaged work and then booked myself in for a test.  I am fairly sure it is just a cold or something in me reacting to someone at work (Fresher’s Flu as it is generally known here). I haven’t spent any time indoors with people from outside my family until I started back to work.

I had my result back earlier today. I tested negative for COVID so can go back to work on Monday.

Written By: nally on 11/08/20 at 12:43 pm

I had my result back earlier today. I tested negative for COVID so can go back to work on Monday.

Splendid! O0

On a related note, I'll be going to my office again tomorrow. Hopefully the problem I had on Friday will be gone.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/20 at 12:47 pm

Good to hear!

Written By: karen on 11/09/20 at 1:18 pm

Wish us luck. My mother in law has connected to broadband and has a tablet of some kind as part of the deal. Dai is just about to talk her through joining Facebook and maybe Skype so we will be able to see her as well as talk to her.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/20 at 1:19 pm

Wish us luck. My mother in law has connected to broadband and has a tablet of some kind as part of the deal. Dai is just about to talk her through joining Facebook and maybe Skype so we will be able to see her as well as talk to her.
Good luck with the wonders of modern technology.

Written By: karen on 11/09/20 at 1:45 pm

Good luck with the wonders of modern technology.

Fallen at the first hurdle. BT didn’t send anybody to install the router or anything, just some boxes of kit arrived. She definitely made it clear that she needed help in getting everything set up.

One thing that has puzzled us is that they have included a SIM card for the tablet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/20 at 1:52 pm

Fallen at the first hurdle. BT didn’t send anybody to install the router or anything, just some boxes of kit arrived. She definitely made it clear that she needed help in getting everything set up.

One thing that has puzzled us is that they have included a SIM card for the tablet.
I wish I could send my son round, he is an I.T. guru

Written By: karen on 11/09/20 at 3:04 pm

I wish I could send my son round, he is an I.T. guru

Thank you

Dai told her to call them tomorrow and get someone round to set things up or take it away.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/20 at 3:05 pm

Thank you

Dai told her to call them tomorrow and get someone round to set things up or take it away.
Excellent news

Written By: karen on 11/11/20 at 1:24 pm

Remembrance Day today. Usually at school we would all meet together in the school hall for a short service. This year we watched it on line. The chaplain and some students did some readings in one of the school chapels (four schools on one campus, two have chapels). The service included a two minutes silence. Afterwards our headmistress laid a wreath at a tree planted in memory of an old girl who was killed in Iraq. From our room we could also hear the drums of the cadet group at the boys school marching to lay wreaths in their school quad. There are several trees planted in memory of old boys who were killed in the First World War.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/11/20 at 5:04 pm

So.

I am in the process of moving. I got all of the paperwork done, and now I have to wait until Friday so that I can know when I to start moving.  :) I'm excited. Been living in Providence for a long time so this move is a good change for me.

Written By: nally on 11/11/20 at 6:49 pm

So.

I am in the process of moving. I got all of the paperwork done, and now I have to wait until Friday so that I can know when I to start moving.  :) I'm excited. Been living in Providence for a long time so this move is a good change for me.

Way to go!

Where will you be moving to?

On the subject of moving, it was 20 years ago this month when we finally moved out of our old home...and prepared to move into the house we now call home.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/11/20 at 10:52 pm

Way to go!

Where will you be moving to?

Johnston, Rhode Island.  :)

Written By: nally on 11/12/20 at 4:05 pm

Johnston, Rhode Island.  :)

Splendid. O0

Good luck with it!

Written By: nally on 11/12/20 at 4:05 pm

So...today I did work (from home), but only for the morning hours. This was to make up for hours lost from last Friday, when I couldn't work at all.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/12/20 at 7:25 pm

Mice got under the hood of my old car while I was in the hospital. I had today off work (got tomorrow too) so I cleaned up the mess. They had insulation packed in many areas. I also cleaned out the interior since they got in there through the heater blower. I still gotta get the nest out of there. I vacuumed and washed everything with a weak bleach solution to sanitize it. If it’s nice again tomorrow I’ll clean out the blower.

Written By: Howard on 11/13/20 at 8:27 am

So.

Congratulations Jess.

Written By: nally on 11/13/20 at 9:05 am

Gotta drive to work today...and then when I'm done at the office, I have a dental appointment to go to. (It'll be my first one in over a year.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/20 at 4:40 pm

Mice got under the hood of my old car while I was in the hospital. I had today off work (got tomorrow too) so I cleaned up the mess. They had insulation packed in many areas. I also cleaned out the interior since they got in there through the heater blower. I still gotta get the nest out of there. I vacuumed and washed everything with a weak bleach solution to sanitize it. If it’s nice again tomorrow I’ll clean out the blower.

I heard if you put a few sheets of Bounce, it will keep them away. Can't vouch for it but that is what I heard.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/20 at 4:43 pm

Things are very fuzzy because lucky me, I had my eye dilated today.  ::)  The good news is that my vision hasn't changed in 2 years. In fact, the doc went back ten years and said that they are pretty stable. But of course, I am still legally blind.

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/13/20 at 6:15 pm

I heard if you put a few sheets of Bounce, it will keep them away. Can't vouch for it but that is what I heard.

Cat

I’ve heard that too and I did but the smell probably wore off after awhile. And that won’t work under the hood. I’ve been looking into other solutions especially since it will be parked all winter. Maybe even something that plugs in. I think it will help if I park it in the open yard instead of next to the trees. Mice still get in my other vehicles but not as bad.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/20 at 6:43 pm

I’ve heard that too and I did but the smell probably wore off after awhile. And that won’t work under the hood. I’ve been looking into other solutions especially since it will be parked all winter. Maybe even something that plugs in. I think it will help if I park it in the open yard instead of next to the trees. Mice still get in my other vehicles but not as bad.

We use plug ins in the house and they work for the most part but a mouse or two still wonders in. Had one a week or two ago and all three cats were on duty. They tired it out enough that we caught it (put a bowl over it and then slid a clipboard under) and put it outside so it could live another day.

Here are some ideas that may work.

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/Mice-in-Your-Motor

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/13/20 at 10:40 pm

Things are very fuzzy because lucky me, I had my eye dilated today.  ::)  The good news is that my vision hasn't changed in 2 years. In fact, the doc went back ten years and said that they are pretty stable. But of course, I am still legally blind.

Cat

Glad to know.

And I had my dental appointment this afternoon. Because I hadn't had one in a whole year, my visit was longer than usual because there was plenty of work for the dentist to do. I am in good shape for the most part, but unfortunately he found a small cavity near a molar, so he's gonna have to fill it when I go back...which will be in January.

And then I had to deal with heavy traffic on the roads as I drove home.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/20 at 1:51 pm

Glad to know.

And I had my dental appointment this afternoon. Because I hadn't had one in a whole year, my visit was longer than usual because there was plenty of work for the dentist to do. I am in good shape for the most part, but unfortunately he found a small cavity near a molar, so he's gonna have to fill it when I go back...which will be in January.

And then I had to deal with heavy traffic on the roads as I drove home.

We need to go to the dentist. Our appointment was in the middle of the this mess and they called and told us that they closed the office close to us but if we wanted to go to the other office (about an hour away) we could. We opted out waiting for them to reopen our office. We haven't heard yet but we will probably call this week and decide what to do then if they have reopened it. (Go to the office further away or find another dentist in the area.)

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/14/20 at 1:54 pm

We need to go to the dentist. Our appointment was in the middle of the this mess and they called and told us that they closed the office close to us but if we wanted to go to the other office (about an hour away) we could. We opted out waiting for them to reopen our office. We haven't heard yet but we will probably call this week and decide what to do then if they have reopened it. (Go to the office further away or find another dentist in the area.)

Cat

I, too, originally had an appointment in the middle of this mess (it was originally scheduled for April, after my previous visit in October of last year), and of course I had to reschedule it. And when they were taking appointments again, the earliest I could be seen was November.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/14/20 at 1:58 pm

Congratulations Jess.

Splendid. O0

Good luck with it!

I will move this coming weekend. I'm so excited! Thanks for wishing me well.  :)

Written By: karen on 11/14/20 at 2:37 pm

This week is normally when the annual street fair comes to my town. It was hoped that a smaller version with just children’s rides and some side stalls could be held, but the new lockdown has stopped that.

I usually go for a walk around and have a ride on the carousel and maybe the dodgems. I even did it when heavily pregnant. I had a bit of back ache which became labour pains later on in the night! Elizabeth will be 22 on Monday.

I hope we will be able to have the fair next year - it would be a shame to miss the 800th anniversary

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/14/20 at 4:43 pm

My old hi-def TV (42") that I've had for about 10-12 years finally had lines appear in the screen, so last night I bought a new 65" Samsung (they have a great deal on them at Costco right now). I've been watching all kinds of sporting events and movies and playing my PS4 games on it and it's been awesome. But as I was flipping through all the cable channels, I noticed something that kind of freaked me out.

The news is bigger.

Up to this point, whenever I'd watch the news, all the anchormen and reporters and commentators were still just people on my screen. But on this new TV, they are now life-sized and in ultra high definition and they'd might as well be sitting right across from me in my living room talking directly to me.

I don't like it. It makes me kind of uncomfortable.  :o :o :o

Written By: violet_shy on 11/14/20 at 4:49 pm

My old hi-def TV (42") that I've had for about 10-12 years finally had lines appear in the screen, so last night I bought a new 65" Samsung (they have a great deal on them at Costco right now). I've been watching all kinds of sporting events and movies and playing my PS4 games on it and it's been awesome. But as I was flipping through all the cable channels, I noticed something that kind of freaked me out.

The news is bigger.

Up to this point, whenever I'd watch the news, all the anchormen and reporters and commentators were still just people on my screen. But on this new TV, they are now life-sized and in ultra high definition and they'd might as well be sitting right across from me in my living room talking directly to me.

Lol. Do you have a fear of large objects? That's what it sounds like to me. A 62 " TV is really big and over-bearing! I would feel uncomfortable too.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/14/20 at 5:38 pm

The news is bigger.

That’s one thing I don’t like about modern TVs. I believe this is what you are talking about and how to disable it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/soap-opera-effect-tom-cruise-wants-you-to-turn-it-off-heres-how/

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/14/20 at 5:47 pm

Lol. Do you have a fear of large objects? That's what it sounds like to me. A 62 " TV is really big and over-bearing! I would feel uncomfortable too.

Not really. I drive and work around semi-trucks for a living, so fear of large objects isn't exactly an issue for me.

It's just that now, when I turn to the news channels, it's almost like they're violating my personal space now.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/14/20 at 5:54 pm

Not really. I drive and work around semi-trucks for a living, so fear of large objects isn't exactly an issue for me.

It's just that now, when I turn to the news channels, it's almost like they're violating my personal space now.

Maybe it's a matter of just getting use to it. Your old TV was a lot smaller, so maybe you will get use to the images on the bigger one!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/14/20 at 6:05 pm

Maybe it's a matter of just getting use to it. Your old TV was a lot smaller, so maybe you will get use to the images on the bigger one!

Or, I'll just continue to avoid the 24 hour cable news channels.  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 11/14/20 at 6:12 pm

Or, I'll just continue to avoid the 24 hour cable news channels.  ;D

There ya go!  ;D ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/14/20 at 6:38 pm

That’s one thing I don’t like about modern TVs. I believe this is what you are talking about and how to disable it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/soap-opera-effect-tom-cruise-wants-you-to-turn-it-off-heres-how/

When I first got my smart TV it had that ghastly "soap opera effect" as it's called. I was freaked out because I thought it would just always be that way. After looking online I figured out how to basically eliminate it and get things more "normal" looking. Though, truth be told, high definition digital TV is still just a little TOO "high definition"  for me and I prefer the more "washed out" (for lack of a better phrase) or "warmer" look of the old TVs. But that's progress I guess.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/14/20 at 11:13 pm

When I first got my smart TV it had that ghastly "soap opera effect" as it's called. I was freaked out because I thought it would just always be that way. After looking online I figured out how to basically eliminate it and get things more "normal" looking. Though, truth be told, high definition digital TV is still just a little TOO "high definition"  for me and I prefer the more "washed out" (for lack of a better phrase) or "warmer" look of the old TVs. But that's progress I guess.

I agree, I thought it was just remastering and new tech of shows and movies. I didn’t realize it was the TV itself until I read the article I posted. I still use a 27” CRT but watching tv at anybody else’s house drives me nuts. It looks like it’s going on in the living room. No thanks. When I watch something I want to feel like I am watching a film, like I am looking into a window, like I am isolated from it. I also like how older movies have a film look to them. My ex housemate said they looked brown.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/20 at 8:28 am

I, too, originally had an appointment in the middle of this mess (it was originally scheduled for April, after my previous visit in October of last year), and of course I had to reschedule it. And when they were taking appointments again, the earliest I could be seen was November.

I had my appointment with my dentist and my next one is scheduled for January 2021.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/20 at 3:14 pm

Just reporting to say all is fine, and I have a member of my family bubble staying longer with me. Hopefully back online around Wednesday.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/15/20 at 6:10 pm

Just reporting to say all is fine, and I have a member of my family bubble staying longer with me. Hopefully back online around Wednesday.

Hi Philip!! Hope to see you posting again soon!

Starting packing up today. I have one box all packed up. I still have to clean out my closet ::) I have so many things in there, ;D

I will spend the entire day tomorrow packing boxes. Should be fun. :P

Written By: nally on 11/15/20 at 6:12 pm

I had my appointment with my dentist and my next one is scheduled for January 2021.

I will also need to revisit mine in January 2021, to repair a cavity that he found.

Written By: nally on 11/15/20 at 6:13 pm

Thank you for the update; glad you are fine! O0

Starting packing up today. I have one box all packed up. I still have to clean out my closet ::) I have so many things in there, ;D

Good luck with that!

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/15/20 at 9:13 pm

Hi Philip!! Hope to see you posting again soon!

When I moved out of my old house it took months. But I had been there for 17 years. I started with 3 small trailer loads from my dad’s house at 22 and had built nearly my whole adult life there. Now I’ve been here for 5 years next month and in some ways I feel like I’m still getting settled in. But this house is finally everything I wanted. Even though it was some unfortunate circumstances to get here, like not working out with my housemate, and it being rough on my daughter for awhile.

So what’s at the new destination if I may ask? New job? Better house?

Written By: Howard on 11/16/20 at 8:27 am

Good to see you. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/16/20 at 4:10 pm

So what’s at the new destination if I may ask? New job? Better house?

It's an apartment. It's a much better place, and I will be closer to everything: the pharmacy, restaurants, shopping center. I can definitely see myself there throughout the next 10 years!

Written By: nally on 11/16/20 at 4:35 pm

It's an apartment. It's a much better place, and I will be closer to everything: the pharmacy, restaurants, shopping center. I can definitely see myself there throughout the next 10 years!

I hope it all works out! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 2:28 am

I am back one day earlier than I expected, and I think there is a lot to catch up on.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/20 at 7:36 am

How long were you living at the other house?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 7:50 am

I hope the moving goes well for you?

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/17/20 at 11:59 am

That’s cool, hope it works out. It’s nice being closer to things you do. Im 3 times closer to work than I used to be. And pretty much equidistant from 3 different towns while being on a quiet side road where nobody bothers me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 12:06 pm

In on context, if it was not for the local shops, I do not know how I would have survived the lockdowns.

Written By: karen on 11/17/20 at 12:17 pm

In on context, if it was not for the local shops, I do not know how I would have survived the lockdowns.

I always said if we went on Location, Location, Location I would want to be walking distance to a corner shop. That would be pretty much the only non negotiable.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 1:08 pm

I always said if we went on Location, Location, Location I would want to be walking distance to a corner shop. That would be pretty much the only non negotiable.
A corner is fine, not a huge shopping mall?

Written By: nally on 11/17/20 at 1:39 pm

I am back one day earlier than I expected, and I think there is a lot to catch up on.

Glad to see you back again. O0

Written By: violet_shy on 11/17/20 at 3:12 pm

I'm sure it will! Thank you Philip!  :)

Written By: nally on 11/19/20 at 6:43 pm

I'm sure it will! Thank you Philip!  :)

Have you started yet?

On the subject of moving...it was 20 years ago today when we moved out of our mobile home, into my grandmas house as a temporary place until our new home was completed three months later. (We had lived in that mobile home for my whole life up to that point!)

Written By: karen on 11/21/20 at 2:28 pm

I went for my regular flu jab this morning. I work in a school and they pay for staff to have the jab so that hopefully not to many staff would be off sick at any one time.

Written By: nally on 11/21/20 at 5:23 pm

Celebrating my mom's birthday today. I helped my dad cook a nice breakfast for her, although I actually did most of the food preparation. We are going to cook a special dinner later on.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/21/20 at 9:11 pm

Celebrating my mom's birthday today. I helped my dad cook a nice breakfast for her, although I actually did most of the food preparation. We are going to cook a special dinner later on.

I know I said this to you on Facebook, but I don't mind saying it again. Happy birthday to your mom! And best wishes for her!! :)

On the subject of my moving, today I moved some boxes into the new place. I'm finally getting somewhere and getting things done! I have until December the 1st to move in, so I'm just taking my time even though I know I only have a week left. It sure seems like I don't have many things but the more I look the more things I find. Tomorrow I will get more boxes with my sister. I will have Thanksgiving...thankfully! It will be only my mom, myself, and my sister...maybe my brother.

Written By: nally on 11/22/20 at 11:40 am

I know I said this to you on Facebook, but I don't mind saying it again. Happy birthday to your mom! And best wishes for her!! :)

Yes, thank you again!! :) 8) :-*

On the subject of my moving, today I moved some boxes into the new place. I'm finally getting somewhere and getting things done! I have until December the 1st to move in, so I'm just taking my time even though I know I only have a week left. It sure seems like I don't have many things but the more I look the more things I find. Tomorrow I will get more boxes with my sister. I will have Thanksgiving...thankfully! It will be only my mom, myself, and my sister...maybe my brother.

Splendid; glad to hear it's coming along well. O0

Written By: Howard on 11/22/20 at 1:41 pm

What a week this was, My Father had to go to the hospital has low oxygen and was coughing up like crazy so they're keeping him overnight and he'll be back soon and My Mother was coughing up a lung much of this past week could be a bit of bronchitis and I myself was getting over my cold, sneezing and coughing and couldn't smell much of anything so this has been a depressing week for all of us.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/22/20 at 1:42 pm

Had the weekend with my family bubble visiting, and unexpectedly left now.

Written By: karen on 11/22/20 at 1:46 pm

What a week this was, My Father had to go to the hospital has low oxygen and was coughing up like crazy so they're keeping him overnight and he'll be back soon and My Mother was coughing up a lung much of this past week could be a bit of bronchitis and I myself was getting over my cold, sneezing and coughing and couldn't smell much of anything so this has been a depressing week for all of us.  :(

Hope you all feel better soon

Were any of you offered Covid tests?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/20 at 2:00 pm

((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope you and your family are on the mend.

I am afraid that all of you could have Covid. Hopefully, it is not but you never know.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/22/20 at 2:03 pm

Hope you all feel better soon

Were any of you offered Covid tests?

My Mother went to the walk in building so she's getting one and hopefully one day on one of days off I will get one myself.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/20 at 2:07 pm

I am afraid that all of you could have Covid. Hopefully, it is not but you never know.

Cat

Thanks, Hopefully things will get better.

Written By: karen on 11/22/20 at 2:07 pm

My Mother went to the walk in building so she's getting one and hopefully one day on one of days off I will get one myself.

Do you think you should be walking around at work and riding the bus if you have this illness?

Written By: Howard on 11/22/20 at 5:46 pm

Do you think you should be walking around at work and riding the bus if you have this illness?

I'm getting my test tomorrow, My Mother has to quarantine herself for 14 days as for My Father he will be in the hospital for a few days so wish me good luck tomorrow.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/22/20 at 8:09 pm

Cat

Sounds like that to me too. Whatever the results I hope you all end up ok.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/20 at 12:16 pm

Sounds like that to me too. Whatever the results I hope you all end up ok.

I just came back from CityMD and they did the rapid testing with the swab up your nose, check in the ear and the blood pressure check which is good so I should get the results in about an hour or so.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/20 at 1:40 pm

Found out that a dear friend of mine and his significant other both have it.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/20 at 2:08 pm

Found out that a dear friend of mine and his significant other both have it.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat
Sorry to hear this, and I wish them well.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/23/20 at 2:40 pm

Make sure it isn't Covid. I read that one of the symptoms is you lose your sense of taste and smell. Maybe you feel better I don't know. I am kinda late with my replies.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/20 at 2:56 pm

Please take good care.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/20 at 3:25 pm

Make sure it isn't Covid. I read that one of the symptoms is you lose your sense of taste and smell. Maybe you feel better I don't know. I am kinda late with my replies.

I am negative but I have to quarantine for 10 days and be back to work by next week December 3rd and Yes I did lose my sense of smell but not much of the taste, I ate like a pig.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/20 at 3:27 pm

Please take good care.

Good news: I am negative but have to quarantine for 10 days, I just called my work and told them about my situation and we'll be back to work December 3rd so I will use this quarantine time as part of my vacation week instead of The week of The 13th of December.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/20 at 3:38 pm

Good news: I am negative but have to quarantine for 10 days, I just called my work and told them about my situation and we'll be back to work December 3rd so I will use this quarantine time as part of my vacation week instead of The week of The 13th of December.

Glad to hear you are negative. Take care of yourself.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/20 at 3:45 pm

Good news indeed. Please keep safe.

Written By: nally on 11/23/20 at 5:02 pm

I am negative but I have to quarantine for 10 days and be back to work by next week December 3rd and Yes I did lose my sense of smell but not much of the taste, I ate like a pig.

Glad to hear your test came back negative. Please take good care of yourself.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/23/20 at 11:15 pm

Great news Howard. Hope you and your family get better soon.

Today was my 22nd anniversary of when I hired in at my job. In some ways I’m a long timer and other ways I’m not. About half the people there have been there longer than me, including half the people who started the place almost 40 years ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 7:58 am

How are you and your family feeling today?

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 8:43 am

Glad to hear you are negative. Take care of yourself.

Cat

Thanks I will try to. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 8:44 am

How are you and your family feeling today?

My Mother is still coughing, My Father will be home in a few days and I'm doing good. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 8:45 am

Cat

Sorry about that Cat. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 8:45 am

My Mother is still coughing, My Father will be home in a few days and I'm doing good. :)
If you can try and isolate yourself from your mother, but I know it will be difficult to do.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 8:57 am

If you can try and isolate yourself from your mother, but I know it will be difficult to do.

I have been doing that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/20 at 1:01 pm

Did your parents test positive?

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/20 at 1:52 pm

I am ALMOST done with my Christmas shopping. I still have to order a gift for my 17 year old granddaughter & 12 year old granddaughter. (I know what they are going to get-I just need to order it.) I am having trouble with my 16 year old granddaughter-not just her Christmas present along but also her birthday present. Presents for the others have been bought already.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 2:29 pm

Did your parents test positive?

Cat

Yes My Father was coughing and my Mother has bronchitis so they wanted me to self isolate for 10 days, I told My Mother that I don't want to call my front end manager cause I just came back from my vacation already and I don't want to lose anymore days so she told me to call and so I did and told her about my situation and that she can give me this week off instead of The 13th of December and put my vacation in for this week and she did so we'll see what happens.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/24/20 at 7:11 pm

Just had a nice little get together with my mom and brother. We talked over coffee for a while. My sister brought over some more boxes.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/25/20 at 3:16 pm

Yay they closed the plant early at 3:30 today. 4 day holiday weekend with no obligations.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/25/20 at 7:17 pm

Thanksgiving Eve.

We just finished marinating the turkey for tomorrow. We do this every year. We prepare the turkey the night before Thanksgiving. The marinade is basically: olive oil, salt with pepper, garlic, oregano, and a packet of red coloring. It is so tasty and full of flavor when the turkey is done! Our fixings will be mashed potatos, stuffing, gravy for the potatos, some rice, and cranberry sauce. Tomorrow it will just be me, my mom, and my brother and sister. There's rain in the weather forecast, so that means I'm staying home chatting, catching up, and spending time with the family. And, of course posting on inthe00s if I can.  :) Tonight, more packing ahead!

Written By: nally on 11/25/20 at 8:28 pm

Thanksgiving Eve.

We just finished marinating the turkey for tomorrow. We do this every year. We prepare the turkey the night before Thanksgiving. The marinade is basically: olive oil, salt with pepper, garlic, oregano, and a packet of red coloring. It is so tasty and full of flavor when the turkey is done! Our fixings will be mashed potatos, stuffing, gravy for the potatos, some rice, and cranberry sauce. Tomorrow it will just be me, my mom, and my brother and sister. There's rain in the weather forecast, so that means I'm staying home chatting, catching up, and spending time with the family. And, of course posting on inthe00s if I can.  :) Tonight, more packing ahead!

Splendid! Seems like a good planning. O0

It'll be just my parents & me tomorrow for the big turkey day.

Written By: nally on 11/25/20 at 8:31 pm

Anyways...I had to drive to my office today, to get a head start on end-of-the-month duties. Since Monday is the last day of this month, and it's right after a holiday weekend, we had to start things early. And I was able to get everything done that I needed to.

Then I had to deal with heavy traffic on the way home.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/20 at 8:40 am

Thanksgiving Eve.

sounds delicious, enjoy Thanksgiving Jess. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/26/20 at 9:05 am

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Enjoy your day and stay safe!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/20 at 12:54 pm

Today is just Carlos & me and an 18 lb bird.  :o :o :o  We are going to be eating turkey for a long time to come-and I am NOT complaining.  :) :)

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/26/20 at 1:57 pm

Thanksgiving Eve.

No vegetables then?

Our Christmas dinner is always roast turkey, but with roast potatoes, braised red cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and maybe some carrots

Written By: Howard on 11/26/20 at 2:51 pm

Well, Good News My Father just came home feeling a bit woozy from his pneumonia and a slight bit of The COVID and My Mother's still coughing up a lung.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/26/20 at 2:53 pm

No vegetables then?

Our Christmas dinner is always roast turkey, but with roast potatoes, braised red cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and maybe some carrots

We did have some vegetables. We made some greens with tomatoes. I had forgotten to mention that yesterday lol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/20 at 8:44 am

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Enjoy your day and stay safe!
Under the circumstances, I trust Thanksgiving Day past off fine?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/20 at 8:45 am

Yesterday, a member of my family bubble came to help in the painting, etc of my home, and various rooms are now all over the place.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/27/20 at 9:56 am

Under the circumstances, I trust Thanksgiving Day past off fine?

It did. There weren't too many people over but it was still a great holiday!

Written By: nally on 11/27/20 at 11:42 am

It did. There weren't too many people over but it was still a great holiday!

Same here!

For me, it's just been my parents & I at the house for Thanksgiving anyways, so yesterday was nothing new.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/20 at 2:10 pm

Had my first Zoom call yesterday-ALL of Carlos' kids/grandkids, SIL, and even Carlos' ex. Even though we couldn't be with everyone, we were still together. The nice thing about this, was that we included the ones in California. Something tells me we will be doing the same thing for Christmas.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 11/28/20 at 12:21 pm

I found my old cassettes in some boxes along with some 7 inch records! I just can't part with them lol. Found other goodies I've owned forever. Put them inside some new boxes all packed up. My closet is almost clear. Nothing but trash everywhere!

Written By: karen on 11/28/20 at 2:16 pm

Not a lot happening really as we are still in Lockdown 2 here in the U.K.

At work I made a paper Christmas tree and put it in the staff room. I cut out loads of paper baubles and left them for people to write a message on. So far two people have written jokes. I was more expecting thoughtful messages thanking people for their work this year or something  ::)

This evening Dai and I have been writing cards to try and get the overseas ones in the post. I am making a proper address list combining an old scribbled on, much crossed out thing, old envelopes and a couple of Facebook messages!

Written By: violet_shy on 11/28/20 at 2:31 pm

Making dinner for my mom and myself. Haven't done that in a while... :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/20 at 2:11 am

Just to report my family and myself are fine, enjoying the extended weekend together, and taking a break from being online.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/20 at 7:54 am

Making dinner for my mom and myself. Haven't done that in a while... :)

What are you making?

Written By: Howard on 11/29/20 at 7:55 am

I just can't wait till this period of isolation ends soon.  :(

Written By: violet_shy on 11/29/20 at 9:44 am

What are you making?

I made a "healthy" dinner. It was salmon with some rice. Tasted better than I expected it to be. The salmon was a bit too salty!

Written By: nally on 11/29/20 at 10:39 am

I made a "healthy" dinner. It was salmon with some rice. Tasted better than I expected it to be. The salmon was a bit too salty!

Sounds like it was yummy!

Written By: nally on 11/29/20 at 10:39 am

Just to report my family and myself are fine, enjoying the extended weekend together, and taking a break from being online.

Thank you for the update; I'm glad to hear you are fine. O0

Written By: violet_shy on 11/29/20 at 4:32 pm

It's nice to hear from you again! Glad you are well.

Written By: nally on 11/30/20 at 11:59 pm

On this final day of November, I had plenty to do at work (at the actual office), which is the norm for the end of the month in the company I work for.

Check for new replies or respond here...