inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I never knew this...(warning: stupid, pointless post).

Written By: violet_shy on 11/23/20 at 9:36 pm

How old were you when you found out that "Dammit I'm mad" spelled backwards is "Dammit I'm mad".

I was today years old!!!  ;D ;D

Subject: Re: I never knew this...(warning: stupid, pointless post).

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/23/20 at 9:44 pm

I love palindromes! Able was I ere I saw Elba.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/23/20 at 11:05 pm

The only one I really knew was racecar.

However I do look at words backwards often. Like sleep backwards is peels. Every time I see a jar for tips I get grossed out because I think it’s for spit. There’s a road not far from here and the sign says Dam Rd. I look at it backwards every time and it says Dr. Mad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 1:14 am

I was introduced to palindromes at a tender young age at primary school by a (comical) literary English Language teacher. Also, there is a reference to palindrome in "Monty Python's Flying Circus" in one of their comedy sketches, even with one of the member of the comedy team Michael Palin.

Written By: nally on 11/24/20 at 4:55 pm

How old were you when you found out that "Dammit I'm mad" spelled backwards is "Dammit I'm mad".

I was today years old!!!  ;D ;D

I never remember noticing that phrase in the past (that is, all those words together as such)...but you're right!

One other thing that's interesting is that while the word 'Madam' itself is a palindrome, it has been extended to the palindromic phrase "Madam I'm Adam".

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/20 at 2:05 am

I never remember noticing that phrase in the past (that is, all those words together as such)...but you're right!

One other thing that's interesting is that while the word 'Madam' itself is a palindrome, it has been extended to the palindromic phrase "Madam I'm Adam".
Over the past few years, palindromic numbers has caught my interest, especially with dates.

Written By: Mitch Kramer on 11/25/20 at 8:05 am

Q: What do you get when you put a Toyota in reverse?

A: A Toyota!

Written By: nally on 11/25/20 at 8:29 pm

Over the past few years, palindromic numbers has caught my interest, especially with dates.

Especially when we get to certain reply numbers on a particular thread in WOTW that we contribute to on a regular basis.

Written By: nally on 01/30/21 at 11:03 pm

However I do look at words backwards often. Like sleep backwards is peels. Every time I see a jar for tips I get grossed out because I think it’s for spit. There’s a road not far from here and the sign says Dam Rd. I look at it backwards every time and it says Dr. Mad.

Yeah, those are called Anadromes! (I had to look that up. For the longest time I thought they were called "backwords.")

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/31/21 at 2:00 am

You like palindromes?

This'll blow your hair back.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUQDzj6R3p4

Check for new replies or respond here...