inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your December 2020 monthly thread..

Written By: nally on 12/01/20 at 12:01 am

And now we enter the final month of 2020... and it looks like I'm going to be starting the monthly thread yet again...

Happy December everyone! :) 8) :D

White Rabbits!!

Subject: Re: Your December 2020 monthly thread..

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/20 at 1:21 am

White Rabbit!

Written By: Howard on 12/01/20 at 8:27 am

Now it appears My Mother has a blood clot in her lungs most likely due to coronavirus, that's why she was coughing and hacking a lot.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/20 at 11:06 am

Now it appears My Mother has a blood clot in her lungs most likely due to coronavirus, that's why she was coughing and hacking a lot.
I wish your mother well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/01/20 at 1:11 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/01/20 at 2:55 pm

I wish your mother well.

Thanks. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/01/20 at 2:55 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

(((hugs))) right back at you. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 12/01/20 at 5:02 pm

Oh no, Howard. I hope she gets treatment and gets better. She's elderly isn't she? They get Covid so much worse. Keeping your mom in my thoughts. ❤

Written By: Howard on 12/02/20 at 9:29 am

Oh no, Howard. I hope she gets treatment and gets better. She's elderly isn't she? They get Covid so much worse. Keeping your mom in my thoughts. ❤

My Mother is 75, she got a blood clot on the lung and they're treating it with medicine so she'll be home by next week.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/20 at 10:08 am

My Mother is 75, she got a blood clot on the lung and they're treating it with medicine so she'll be home by next week.
I wish her well, and soon she will be home.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/20 at 1:57 pm

I wish her well, and soon she will be home.

I thank you, she's feeling better.

Written By: karen on 12/02/20 at 4:37 pm

Normally around this time of year at school we have two evening Christmas celebrations of a carol service with students in costumes forming various tableaux of religiosity scenes on the stage. This year should have been the 100th such event.

Due to the Covid restrictions in place this year the students formed the various displays in form groups unless social distancing could be maintained. Professional photos were then taken.

Usually I help with make up. This year the girls did their own make up and I just checked that they had done it correctly. I was also checking that various props were with the right people, etc.

Tonight at my Zoom Morris practice we did a dance to Good King Wenceslas - a little Christmas spin on one of our regular dances

Written By: violet_shy on 12/02/20 at 5:34 pm

Well that's good. I really hope she gets better.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/20 at 8:45 am

Well that's good. I really hope she gets better.

Thank You.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/04/20 at 4:06 am

Yay I’m finally getting a fiber internet self installation kit next Wednesday. About time, I’ve been signed up for 2 1/2 years. Already got the path for the wire figured out. All it takes to install it is run the cable, plug it in, and enter the password. I ordered a cat 7 burial cable so I can get a signal run to my garage before the ground freezes. Later I’ll figure out what I need to make the signal work out there.

Written By: Howard on 12/05/20 at 7:22 am

My Mother so far is doing well, she'll be going to rehab to try to get her strength back after all that coughing and hacking she did last week.

Written By: karen on 12/05/20 at 10:17 am

My Mother so far is doing well, she'll be going to rehab to try to get her strength back after all that coughing and hacking she did last week.

Has she come home from hospital yet?

We have just been down to Cambridge to bring James home from uni for the Christmas holidays. We will fetch Elizabeth next week. She wants to have a week just working in the lab on her research project after having to miss time at the start because her household had to isolate

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/05/20 at 12:21 pm

Feel like crap today. At first I thought it was allergies but now I'm thinking it is a sinus infection. No, it is NOT Covid-because I haven't been anywhere. Mainly stuffiness, major sinus headache, and sore throat due to post-nasal. I do NOT have a cough, I don't have shortness of breath and I still have my sense of smell & taste-which tells me that it is NOT Covid.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/05/20 at 12:30 pm

Feel like crap today. At first I thought it was allergies but now I'm thinking it is a sinus infection. No, it is NOT Covid-because I haven't been anywhere. Mainly stuffiness, major sinus headache, and sore throat due to post-nasal. I do NOT have a cough, I don't have shortness of breath and I still have my sense of smell & taste-which tells me that it is NOT Covid.

Cat

Mmm, sorry you feel crummy. (Glad it's not Covid.) Hope you get well asap!

Written By: Howard on 12/05/20 at 1:50 pm

Has she come home from hospital yet?

We have just been down to Cambridge to bring James home from uni for the Christmas holidays. We will fetch Elizabeth next week. She wants to have a week just working in the lab on her research project after having to miss time at the start because her household had to isolate

Not quite yet Karen, she'll be doing some exercise to get her strength back and they told her that she still couldn't come home just yet hopefully in a couple of more weeks cause she still tested positive, I'm not setting a time frame yet maybe by Christmas week we'll have to wait and see.

Written By: Howard on 12/05/20 at 1:53 pm

Cat

Hope you feel better.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/05/20 at 6:36 pm

Cat

I woke up with a sore throat this morning. It was allergies. My throat is still a little sore now but not as sore as it was earlier today.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/05/20 at 9:15 pm

I woke up with a sore throat this morning. It was allergies. My throat is still a little sore now but not as sore as it was earlier today.

I wake up with a sore throat often and it goes away by mid morning. Been like this since I was a kid. Pretty sure it has to do with mild acid reflux that happens overnight. But just mild reflux means I’m doing pretty good. I’ve lived through years of the alternative and have been able to avoid it.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/20 at 8:38 am

Hope you feel better. :)

Written By: nally on 12/06/20 at 11:10 am

Ooh, sorry to hear this. Please get well asap!

Written By: Howard on 12/06/20 at 1:49 pm

I just talked to My Mother from the hospital, she'll be home in a couple of more weeks and she can't come until she tests negative.

Written By: nally on 12/06/20 at 2:20 pm

I just talked to My Mother from the hospital, she'll be home in a couple of more weeks and she can't come until she tests negative.

Wishing her all the best.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/06/20 at 3:30 pm

I forgot to mention that yesterday I got a Christmas card from England. Thanks Karen.  :)

Haven't started my cards, yet.

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/06/20 at 3:37 pm

I forgot to mention that yesterday I got a Christmas card from England. Thanks Karen.  :)

Cat

That was quick, Dai posted them last Monday.

Apart from cards for immediate family I think I have written all mine. There are a few to drop off locally, which we will walk around and do over the next week or so.

Dai’s birthday today. No pubs open to go out for a drink or anything.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/06/20 at 3:43 pm

That was quick, Dai posted them last Monday.

Apart from cards for immediate family I think I have written all mine. There are a few to drop off locally, which we will walk around and do over the next week or so.

Dai’s birthday today. No pubs open to go out for a drink or anything.

Wish him a Happy Birthday from both of us.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/06/20 at 9:57 pm

Cat

Neither have I. However, I did receive one from a local friend of mine last weekend. I hope to get started on mine this week.

Written By: nally on 12/06/20 at 10:03 pm

Oh...and we put up our tree (artificial) this afternoon. It's our sixth year with this tree, and it still works like a charm (it has built-in lights).

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/20 at 4:20 am

Cat
Same for me, and my handwriting is terrible now.

Written By: Howard on 12/07/20 at 4:28 am

Wishing her all the best.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/20 at 4:57 am

I wish her well.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/20 at 7:39 am

I wish her well.

Thanks.

Written By: nally on 12/08/20 at 1:37 pm

All done with holiday shopping (which I did online). Now I have to get to work on holiday cards.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/20 at 6:31 pm

All done with holiday shopping (which I did online). Now I have to get to work on holiday cards.

I did all my on-line, too. I still have one to order, 1 Christmas gift to wrap and 2 birthday gifts to wrap. Then I have to package everything up and ship it out to the four corners of the world. Ok, not quite the 4 corners of the world- 3 points in Vermont and one in California. The one yet to be ordered, I don't have to worry about. It will be sent straight to her. Then I have to do my cards. Everything is in place to do it all-I just have to sit down and do them.

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/09/20 at 1:02 am

I got the wiring in my entertainment center straightened out, got my ups in place, and some more holes drilled in the floor for when my internet kit comes tomorrow.  2 power strips coming off my ups.

So while I was at it I set up my bedroom tv to operate from the living room equipment. All with stuff I had already. Long cables, auto switching rf modulator, remote control extender. Then I found my bedroom tv has picture in picture feature, so I ran another cable and now I can see my satellite box menu in the small picture. It’s nice because otherwise I’m flying blind when moving the dish from the bedroom. I can also toggle between all my sources and control all the equipment if I bring the 6+ remotes into the bedroom.

When I get my internet I’ll have a Roku to add to the sources.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/09/20 at 1:53 pm

This morning before I went to work I dug a 75 ft trench so I can run an Ethernet cable and have internet in my garage. The cable should be here Friday and it’s supposed to snow Saturday so I have a limited time to do it. Yeah I’m pretty sore right now.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/10/20 at 11:54 am

Today is a very special day! It is my nephew Javier's 16th birthday! He  has grown up too fast and where did the years go?! I can still remember when he was a toddler asking me his aunt for corn fields. Lol. I guess that's life. Goes too fast though lol!

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/10/20 at 11:59 am

Today is a very special day! It is my nephew Javier's 16th birthday! He  has grown up too fast and where did the years go?! I can still remember when he was a toddler asking me his aunt for corn fields. Lol. I guess that's life. Goes too fast though lol!

Ever take him to a corn maze?

Written By: violet_shy on 12/10/20 at 12:04 pm

Ever take him to a corn maze?

No, it was the funniest thing! He was about a 2 years old and whenever he asked me for vegetables at dinner he would call them "corn field". It was priceless! Cutest thing ever!

Written By: nally on 12/10/20 at 6:04 pm

So, the last things I ordered through Amazon have shipped, and they were delivered to my door this morning. Both are gifts for my parents. I got all but one of them wrapped...it's a wall calendar for my mom, and I'm trying to find a creative way to wrap it (none of the boxes we have will fit it, except those that are way too big). I'll figure it out, I'm sure.

Written By: karen on 12/11/20 at 1:10 am

nally could you roll the calendar up without spoiling it? That might be easier to wrap than a big flat thing.

Dai is fetching Elizabeth from college this evening. I need to make a start on tidying the house, there is so much stuff to put away. Trouble is when I get home from work I am too tired to do much housework.

I also need to think of a small present for Dai. I have bought him a reasonably pricey thing, that he talked about wanting, but a small surprise would be nice.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/20 at 3:20 pm

Hope he has a good birthday. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/20 at 3:22 pm

There's good news, My Mother tested negative and now she's going to rehab so she'll be home just as long as an "isolation period", most likely she'll be home after Christmas or early 2021. :)

Written By: karen on 12/11/20 at 3:23 pm

There's good news, My Mother tested negative and now she's going to rehab so she'll be home just as long as an "isolation period", most likely she'll be home after Christmas or early 2021. :)

Good news Howard.  I hope your mother’s health continues to improve

Written By: Howard on 12/11/20 at 3:31 pm

Good news Howard.  I hope your mother’s health continues to improve

Thanks Karen, she's in good spirits. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/20 at 5:01 pm

Great news. How your father doing?

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/11/20 at 10:08 pm

Glad to hear this. Wishing her a well recovery.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/12/20 at 1:55 pm

Hope he has a good birthday. :)

Thank you. And he did!

Written By: Howard on 12/12/20 at 3:24 pm

Great news. How your father doing?

Cat

Some days he's feeling tired and exhausted from all those medications he takes, you can see it in his face.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/20 at 3:26 pm

Glad to hear this. Wishing her a well recovery.

Written By: karen on 12/12/20 at 4:55 pm

Dai brought Elizabeth home from uni yesterday.

We had a family walk this afternoon in some local woodland and after dinner we put the Christmas tree up.

Written By: nally on 12/12/20 at 5:10 pm

Thank you. And he did!

Glad to hear that. O0

Anyways...we have spent this afternoon decorating our Christmas tree, putting all our ornaments on it. We get a dated one each year. This year we got one commemorating the Dodgers' World Series victory.

It looks like this (hopefully it can be seen):
https://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2020/11/los-angeles-dodgers-2020-world-series-keepsake-christmas-ornament_2499qhr1094_01.jpg?w=580&h=580

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/12/20 at 11:29 pm

Finally got my fiber internet functional. I stayed up late Friday and finished the trench before the snow came today. Then today ran more cable and conduit. I get a solid 100 mbps anywhere in the house.

Now to get a cable for my roku. Update my phone which is in desperate need of an update. Then would like to rig up a WiFi relay and camera and be able to control my pellet stove when I’m gone.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/20 at 12:48 pm

I was in the living room reading the Washington Post on my tablet and about noontime, I heard someone on the porch. I looked up to see someone waving at me through the window. I went out and it my youngest step-daughter and 3 of the grandkids in the car. I yelled for Carlos to come downstairs. (He was up here in the office.)

She was dropping off coquito (Puerto Rican eggnog) and homemade truffles. She did tell everyone that she would be dropping off gifts on porches but I didn't think she would come down this way. It is a 2 & 1/2 hour drive from her house to ours-ONE WAY!

I went inside and brought out a box full of their gifts that we were planning on mailing off tomorrow. (Our grandson asked about his birthday present which I told him was in the box. He was happy about that.) When she said that she was going to other houses, I brought out a couple more boxes for her to take. She saved us a TON on postage. We still have one box to go out to California.

Good thing it is fairly warm today because we were standing outside talking for a bit. The kids stayed in the car where it was warmer.

She did have bring the 3 year old inside to use the bathroom and of course we all put on our masks-including the 3 year old.

It was great to see them all even if we couldn't hug. We haven't seen any of them since January (besides on Zoom calls and such).

Very pleasant surprise.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/20 at 11:37 am

Merry Christmas all.

My family and I are safe, and with London soon to be in Tier 3, almost like a lockdown, we are staying more with each other, so my time here online is limited, but will be when I can.

Written By: karen on 12/14/20 at 1:29 pm

Merry Christmas all.

My family and I are safe, and with London soon to be in Tier 3, almost like a lockdown, we are staying more with each other, so my time here online is limited, but will be when I can.

Unless you regularly go to the pub or perhaps the theatre you won’t notice any difference. We are in tier three and it is pretty much business as usual.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/14/20 at 5:25 pm

Snow storms coming our way during the week!...and I forgot to buy snow boots!  ::)

Written By: nally on 12/14/20 at 7:25 pm

Merry Christmas all.

Thank you for your update, Philip! We look forward to your return (whenever that is). Please continue to stay safe in all you do. :)

Written By: nally on 12/14/20 at 7:28 pm

Anyways...today I had to drive to my office, to perform middle-of-the-month duties. (Yes, tomorrow is the 15th, but I don't normally work on Tuesdays now. So I had to do it today.) It was a busy day for me, and I got done all I needed to. Before I left the office to come home, my boss presented me with a "holiday bonus" which I won't go into too much detail about, but thought it was a very nice thing to do. :)

I will probably not be driving to my office again this week, and at this point I'm not sure if I'll go in at all next week, but my boss will let me know if she needs me in the office.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/14/20 at 8:03 pm

I got about 3-4” of snow at my house. Other places in northern Michigan got a foot.

I wear my steel toe boots year round. Good for working on stuff or in the shop at work. For hiking wherever. For winter, and for kicking off road boogers (ice behind the wheels).  I also keep an ice scraper in the car year round. Because I’ve needed it every month of the year at some point.

One guy’s signature off a message board “I spend summer getting ready for winter.” Yep sometimes that’s about right.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/20 at 7:21 am

Snow storms coming our way during the week!...and I forgot to buy snow boots!  ::)

New York is predicting 6-10 inches of snow.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/15/20 at 1:50 pm

Today, I read about my old landlord in the obits. He was really good to me when I lived in my old apartment for 6 years before moving in with Carlos. In a way, I hated moving from that apartment because it was a good place for me-I did a lot of growing and a lot of healing. (I still have dreams about that place even though I haven't lived there for well over 20 years.) Even though I haven't seen nor heard from him in over 20 years, I will always associate him with that wonderful place.

My landlord kept a bottle of wine in my apartment and when he was on the property, he would stop by and we would drink some wine together.

The really sad part about reading his obit was that his wife's obit was right next to his. They died a day apart. It said that she was battling cancer but it only said that he had a short illness. Covid? Don't know. I'm not too sure if I met her or not, I might have-but I know that I have talked to her on the phone if I called him.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 12/16/20 at 11:57 am

New York is predicting 6-10 inches of snow.  :o

We're  getting 8 to 12 inches.

Written By: nally on 12/16/20 at 4:40 pm

Had LOTS of work to do today (from home). Didn't quite get it all done, but I will first thing on Friday.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/20 at 5:02 pm

Presents: Bought, wrapped, shipped out (some have been delivered).

Cards: Bought, signed, sealed, shipped out.

Decorations: Still in boxes in the attic-and will stay there until next year.

Yup. Christmas is DONE!!!!

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/17/20 at 12:56 am

Presents: Bought, wrapped, shipped out (some have been delivered).

Cards: Bought, signed, sealed, shipped out.

Decorations: Still in boxes in the attic-and will stay there until next year.

Yup. Christmas is DONE!!!!

Cat

Well done you.

I have one more card to write. I am just trying to think of what to put in the letter as they have indicated this is the last card and letter they will send at Christmas (though we have their email address).

Last day of work today until January 11th (apart from occasional visits to check on the terrapins). It will mainly be spent cleaning and clearing away the chaos of the last term.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/17/20 at 1:19 am

Just a quick visit to say we are all healthy and fine. My cards sent yesterday, but struggling with presents.

Written By: Howard on 12/17/20 at 7:59 am

We're  getting 8 to 12 inches.

New York so far got near 10 inches of snow.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/17/20 at 1:18 pm

Just a quick visit to say we are all healthy and fine. My cards sent yesterday, but struggling with presents.

It's nice to hear from you, Philip. Glad you are well!

New York so far got near 10 inches of snow.

The same here in most of Rhode Island. Some places only have less than 8 inches. We have about 12! It looks so nice with all the Christmas decorations outside though.

Written By: Howard on 12/17/20 at 2:08 pm

It's nice to hear from you, Philip. Glad you are well!

The same here in most of Rhode Island. Some places only have less than 8 inches. We have about 12! It looks so nice with all the Christmas decorations outside though.

I'm just waiting for the day till the snow melts which won't be for a long time.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/17/20 at 2:43 pm

Got my phone updated. Had to have the at&t store do it. Ended up having to wipe it clean and start over.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/17/20 at 3:58 pm

Got my phone updated. Had to have the at&t store do it. Ended up having to wipe it clean and start over.

Why? Did somebody hack your phone?

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/17/20 at 4:26 pm

Why? Did somebody hack your phone?

No I’ve just never had access to WiFi since I got this phone a year and a half ago. At least nothing secure or even around it long enough to do an update. The phone was all I had, before that was dial up. Current iOS is 14 and I was still on 11. Apps were not working, even my bank app said it wouldn’t support it any longer. It was so far behind the update wouldn’t work as is. They had to wipe it clean and start over. Glad they were able to do it, as the nearest apple store is 1 1/2 hours away.

Written By: karen on 12/19/20 at 10:20 am

We went round to see a couple of friends and deliver Christmas cards. With one couple we went for a short walk so we had time to chat and catch up. With the other we just stood in their garden, while they stood at their front door, for about ten minutes.

Same again tomorrow with other friends. The rules here are no more than six in a group in a public space, no meeting in private gardens or outdoor venues.

Written By: nally on 12/19/20 at 11:18 am

Same again tomorrow with other friends. The rules here are no more than six in a group in a public space, no meeting in private gardens or outdoor venues.

It's the same where I am too.

Written By: karen on 12/19/20 at 11:31 am

We went round to see a couple of friends and deliver Christmas cards. With one couple we went for a short walk so we had time to chat and catch up. With the other we just stood in their garden, while they stood at their front door, for about ten minutes.

As I was writing this Boris Johnson was giving a briefing. Recently they announced a Christmas relaxation of the rules for a few days (23 to 28 December). Now they have changed this to Christmas Day only. We had been planning to bring Dai’s mum here to stay for a few days, but that is now not possible. Trying to book an online delivery slot for her as she will not have been shopping or ordered a turkey. Since she lives in Wales we are not allowed to go and visit even for the day.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/21/20 at 1:31 pm

I was informed that my SIL's (my brother's wife) mother passed away. She had dementia and was in a nursing home where she got Covid and just couldn't shake it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/21/20 at 2:09 pm

I was informed that my SIL's (my brother's wife) mother passed away. She had dementia and was in a nursing home where she got Covid and just couldn't shake it.

Cat

Sorry to hear that. :(

Written By: karen on 12/23/20 at 11:53 am

Yesterday we decided to go for a short drive to a nearby nature reserve and have a walk around. There are some rocky outcrops to scramble through and we spotted a tree that was decorated in memorial to someone. There were lots of flowers and a Manchester United flag tied around the tree. No name was given though.

Elizabeth and James have been volunteering at a local Covid vaccine centre this afternoon. I don’t know what they have been doing. This was in part organised through the group I had been volunteering with in the summer.

It has been wet outside today so Dai and I haven’t gone far. I did have to pop into work this morning just to check the fish and terrapins had food.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/23/20 at 12:37 pm

I'm getting my hair done today-last time for the year.  :D ;D ;D ;D  Actually, it will be the last time for a while because my hair person is going on maternal leave and I don't know when she will be back at work.

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/23/20 at 3:20 pm

More areas in the U.K. will be under stay at home orders from Boxing Day (that is 26th December). It hasn’t happened here yet. Fingers crossed it doesn’t at all, but at least wait until after January 6th when I have a hair appointment.

Last Zoom dance practice of the year tonight.

Written By: nally on 12/23/20 at 7:23 pm

Cat

A bit late...but I'm sending you my condolences.

Written By: nally on 12/23/20 at 7:24 pm

So, today I had quite a busy work day. Got done everything I needed to complete before I work again next Monday. And that'll be the start of a busy work week for me, I can be sure of that.

Written By: nally on 12/24/20 at 3:53 pm

Gonna be going out later for the Christmas midnight service, which will be livestreamed on Facebook. (My parents will be doing the music, and I'll be there as well.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/24/20 at 4:33 pm

We took a homemade loaf of apple bread that the "chef" made to our next door neighbors. Just a little gesture to say, "thanks for being good neighbors."

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/25/20 at 1:19 pm

Had a very strange phone call last night-my sister-in-law (Brother's wife). She NEVER calls. She was just calling to wish us a Merry Christmas. But, for someone who just lost her mother, she sounded very cheerful. She mentioned her mother a few times but it wasn't the general subject of our conversation. We talked for about 45 minutes or so.

After I got off the phone with her, I was telling Carlos that I think the phone call was her way of dealing with grief. She lost her father & brother years ago and now her mother. She is the only one left (her brother's wife is still in the pic as well as their kids and of course my sisters & me). She is reaching out to family.

My sisters & I have always had issues with her. She KNOWS everything about everything. I'm sure everyone knows people like that. The funniest thing she once said to us was when we told her about buying our camper van. She said, "You do know you have to empty out the port-a-potty on it?" NOOOO Really?

She has always been under the impression that my mother "dumped" her mother in a nursing home and never went to visit. That just wasn't true. When my mother ended up in a nursing home, I said to my brother that he really should go and visit her-or at least call. She started in about my mother and grandmother. I started shaking my finger at her and went up on my toes and said to her, "DON'T YOU DARE GO THERE!  YOU were NOT there. I was!" On the way home, I asked Carlos, "Did I shake my finger at her?" He said yes and told me that I went up on my toes-that I don't remember. But she backed down.

But, with all the issues over the years, I still feel bad for her about losing her mother.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/25/20 at 2:21 pm

My Father And I got to talk with My Mother a couple of hours ago from My Father's phone, they might let her go by next week cause she's exceeded the 10 days but they'll try and test her once more to see if she's positive or negative but overall, she's in better spirits then where she was when she had the nagging cough.

Written By: nally on 12/25/20 at 5:29 pm

Received plenty of nice gifts today; I also presented my parents with the gifts I got for them...as well as a greeting card that I made on the computer, using MS Word.

Now we are about to put our holiday dinner together. :)

Written By: karen on 12/28/20 at 9:35 am

We had a nice time on Christmas Day although we were sorry not to able to see Dai’s mum at all.

My dad came round for the day. We gave him a framed print of his family tree. Dai has been doing various branches of our tree and was able to trace parts of my dad’s family back to the 1500’s. I also gave him a silly present of a sack of bird seed dressed up like Santa Claus with a balloon head. It reminded us both of dressing up sacks of potatoes like this when gifting them to other relatives in the past.

We have been out for a couple of family walks. On Saturday we went to Burrough Hill, which is an Iron Age hill fort. Some of the paths were extremely muddy.

Later this week my brother is getting married. They have postponed the wedding a couple of times already this year, but have decided to go ahead this time. Unfortunately they can only have 15 people there so we made a short video this afternoon sending them congratulations. Debbie’s daughter will join it with other videos from friends and family to give to them on the day.

Written By: nally on 12/28/20 at 10:01 pm

^ Very nice. O0

Written By: nally on 12/28/20 at 10:02 pm

Anyways, I worked from home again today (my first work day since last Wednesday). I was informed that I will need to work tomorrow, but only part of the day; this is because I have a heavy workload this week, and I wanna make sure I complete everything that I need to do by the end of the day Thursday (it is the end of the month).

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/20 at 1:49 am

Season greetings!

I am still with my family bubble, and computer access is still limited. Babysitting, etc. All is fine and healthy.

Take good care and be safe.

Written By: karen on 12/30/20 at 12:46 pm

We watched (via video link) my brother get married at lunchtime today. They were shown the video of everyone’s messages of congratulations after the ceremony.

Then we headed up to the other house, in the Lake District. Last time Dai was here he noticed that one of the gutters was a bit blocked so we are going to do some work on that.

On the drive up we heard that both here and our home back in the Midlands will move to tier 4 at midnight tonight. That is basically a stay at home order.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/20 at 1:43 pm

We watched (via video link) my brother get married at lunchtime today. They were shown the video of everyone’s messages of congratulations after the ceremony.

Then we headed up to the other house, in the Lake District. Last time Dai was here he noticed that one of the gutters was a bit blocked so we are going to do some work on that.

On the drive up we heard that both here and our home back in the Midlands will move to tier 4 at midnight tonight. That is basically a stay at home order.

At least you were able to watch even if you couldn't be there in person.

When we got married-long before Zoom, Skype or anything like that, my brother (the computer guru) was able to hook something up on my sister's computer, (who couldn't make it to the wedding) for my grandmother to watch. She was in her 90s at that time and wasn't able to travel. We sent her a corsage which she wore while watching it at my sister's house.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/30/20 at 6:55 pm

Worked at the office today...and had to stay an extra 45 minutes later than usual to get everything done. Not sure if I'll have to do that tomorrow, since it's the last day of the month (and year), but lemme say this: it's been a busy month for my company.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/20 at 3:31 am

I don't think I'll be back on here until tomorrow afternoon so I want to wish everyone on here a Happy New Year, see you in 2021. :)

Written By: nally on 12/31/20 at 5:57 pm

I don't think I'll be back on here until tomorrow afternoon so I want to wish everyone on here a Happy New Year, see you in 2021. :)

Ok Howard! Please stay safe and take care in all you do.

Written By: nally on 12/31/20 at 5:58 pm

Today I went to the office and finished everything I need to do there, so all my work is done for 2020. (At least I didn't have to stay late today!) So my first work day in 2021 will be this Monday (the 4th), when I will be working from home.

Check for new replies or respond here...