inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's everyone doing for Christmas?

Written By: violet_shy on 12/19/20 at 3:30 pm

Don't know about the Covid guidelines everywhere else. This year it's just me, my mom, my brother and sister celebrating Christmas. We celebrate on Christmas Eve. We make a traditional Christmas Eve dinner and exchange gifts that evening.

So what about all of you? Anything special for Christmas this year?  :)

Subject: Re: What's everyone doing for Christmas?

Written By: nally on 12/19/20 at 9:58 pm

Nothing special, per se. My parents usually do music for church services; this year they are only going to do it for the Christmas midnight service and then a 9 a.m. service (in years past, they've been involved with Christmas Eve services in English as well, but this year due to Covid there is only one English-language service (intended for families that have young'uns) and one Spanish-language services); all services will be livestreamed on Facebook. Still, we are going to have a nice meal on the 24th, just the three of us. And one the next day as well. Best of all, we'll all be together. :)

Written By: karen on 12/20/20 at 11:54 am

A meal with the family. My dad is possibly still coming round. The rules have changed majorly here so we can’t see my mother in law at all. She will be on her own.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/20 at 1:30 pm

A meal with the family. My dad is possibly still coming round. The rules have changed majorly here so we can’t see my mother in law at all. She will be on her own.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

It will just be the two of us and we will probably do the same thing we did last year-"Jewish Christmas" (Chinese food).

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 12/20/20 at 1:40 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

It will just be the two of us and we will probably do the same thing we did last year-"Jewish Christmas" (Chinese food).

Cat

That sounds really good and romantic! Our Christmases are always traditional. Maybe next year we will steal your idea and have some good Chinese food instead.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/21/20 at 1:00 am

I won’t be going anywhere. Maybe the family will have a zoom gathering since I got internet now.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/20 at 2:11 pm

Not sure what My Father And I will be doing for Christmas yet.

Written By: nally on 12/25/20 at 11:22 am

Right now, my parents are at the church, doing a livestreamed service that began 22 minutes ago (9am PST). When they get home I will cook a brunch for them. THEN we will open up our gifts.

Written By: nally on 12/26/21 at 10:00 pm

This year we actually had a few people over. Small gathering(s), but it worked.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/22 at 3:27 am

Christmas was spent with my family, having fun and watching movies, etc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/22 at 1:21 pm

Christmas was spent with my family, having fun and watching movies, etc.
Probably the same as last year.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/22 at 2:30 pm

Most likely that I will be working.

Subject: What's everyone doing for Christmas?

Written By: Dude111 on 10/11/22 at 10:27 pm

Nothing.....We dont ever do anything......... And now since my mum passed,we really wont be :(

Written By: nally on 10/11/22 at 10:29 pm

It’s still 75 days away (as of October 11). Not quite sure yet. Probably be at home, most likely.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/11/22 at 10:33 pm

Nothing.....We dont ever do anything......... And now since my mum passed,we really wont be :(

So sorry for your loss, Dude111

Written By: nally on 12/18/22 at 2:03 pm

We’re gonna cook a meal at home… and then go over to the home of a couple friends of ours and have dessert. (They invited us.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/22 at 2:27 pm

After going around and around with plans, we FINALLY hashed it out. We will be going to Carlos' youngest on the 29th for our grandson's birthday party. Then we will be celebrating Christmas with all of the Vermont contingency on the 5th of January at Carlos' son's house. We were planning on getting a tree this year anyway because of Minerva. So, now we don't have to do any decorating-but I am debating whether to put out the wreath.

As for the 25th, we will have our usual, the Jewish Christmas dinner-Chinese food.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...